PDA

View Full Version : 2013 NHL playoffs

PowerMaiden
05-13-2013, 06:41 PM
wow anybody watch that Bruins epic game ??? awesome, the most craziest 7 th game comeback I saw

Go Bruins Go !

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

El Gordo
05-13-2013, 06:48 PM
Yeah, your team almost blew it!

The East is a joke compared to the West.

es156
05-13-2013, 07:38 PM
That was a crazy ending to a good series. I could see Boston against LA in the finals. I think that would be a great series.

PowerMaiden
05-13-2013, 07:42 PM
That was a crazy ending to a good series. I could see Boston against LA in the finals. I think that would be a great series.

how about your Blackhawks ? they good to go to the end imho

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

es156
05-13-2013, 07:46 PM
how about your Blackhawks ? they good to go to the end imho

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

I don't think they can beat the Kings, honestly. I am a Blues fan so I watched that entire series. The Kings look really good. I definitely hope the Hawks beat the stupid Red Wings, but I don't think either team will beat the Kings.

TonyD
05-13-2013, 09:24 PM
I don't think they can beat the Kings, honestly. I am a Blues fan so I watched that entire series. The Kings look really good. I definitely hope the Hawks beat the stupid Red Wings, but I don't think either team will beat the Kings.

They can't beat the Kings if the Sharks do first.

DisposableJustice
05-13-2013, 09:57 PM
http://deadspin.com/new-england-sports-net-switches-to-toronto-feed-in-ulti-505029284

I guess that makes Boston TV a bunch of trolls

My gut is telling me the Kings are going on another run like last year, if the Blackhawks don't stop them I see them winning the cup again

adamclark52
05-13-2013, 11:13 PM
Good on you Boston, I've hated the Leafs for close to twenty years now.

es156
05-14-2013, 05:47 AM
They can't beat the Kings if the Sharks do first.

True, I do think the Sharks and Kings should be a good series.

Dextrimental
05-14-2013, 05:58 AM
Friggin' Red Wings taking out the Ducks on me! Both my teams are gone now, but the Bruins are onto a good 'un now it seems. Them and the Rangers should have an interesting streak.

I've no stock in who wins or loses now though, except I would like the Penguins to lose! :lol:

mastodon421
05-14-2013, 06:15 AM
I honestly see the Senators making a run. The past few years it's been a low-seed underdog running the table and winning the cup and Ottawa has been playing really well as of late.

PowerMaiden
05-14-2013, 03:09 PM
I am a Blues fan so I watched that entire series.

ahhh ok

my picks for round 2

Chicago in 6
L.A. in 6
Pittsburgh in 6
Boston in 6

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

hellawaits77ny
05-15-2013, 04:15 AM
Immense meltdown by the Leafs the other night. Was torn on who to root for in that series. I picked the B's in 6. Wanted Boston to lose as I find most of their fans incredibly irritating and bandwagonish, nothing against the team or players personally. Wanted Toronto to lose as if they're able to get to the East Finals, I think they would've been a tough matchup for the Pens with their speed, much like the Isles. Man, how the hell can you choke like that? Unfortunately, this loss will haunt that franchise for years and years. A Leafs fan on one of the forums actually said the team could win the Cup next year (which they won't) and this series still wouldn't be forgotten.

Good start for the Pens last night (I'm a Pens fan). But they had a similar one sided Game 1 vs the Isles, and then it became a series. Hope they don't get overconfident.

Round 2 picks:

Pens in 7
Rags in 6

Hawks in 6
Kings in 7

hellawaits77ny
05-15-2013, 04:17 AM
I honestly see the Senators making a run. The past few years it's been a low-seed underdog running the table and winning the cup and Ottawa has been playing really well as of late.

The Pens/Sens series is going to be a battle. I know the Pens won Game 1 somewhat easy, but the Sens aren't gonna go away. Picked the Pens in 7.

mastodon421
05-15-2013, 05:30 AM
The Pens/Sens series is going to be a battle. I know the Pens won Game 1 somewhat easy, but the Sens aren't gonna go away. Picked the Pens in 7.

Completely agree. Even though though the Penguins dominated last night, they watch up very well with each other and the amount of talent the Penguins have and how hot the Senators have been should make for an excellent series.

My picks for this round:
Senators in 7
Bruins in 6
Kings in 5
Blackhawks in 6

W0unds
05-15-2013, 06:07 AM
Sens/Pens is going to be a great series - I think Pens will come out on top.

I am a Rangers fan so I am hoping they beat Boston out. If Lundqvist keeps playing the way he has been, he will make it very difficult for the Bruins to score.

El Gordo
05-15-2013, 06:44 AM

If the Hawks meet the Kings that will be one hell of a series. The two deepest teams in the league, imo. I think Chicago has what it takes though. They've been the best team all season, I see no reason for that to change now.

mastodon421
05-15-2013, 07:07 AM
Sens/Pens is going to be a great series - I think Pens will come out on top.

I am a Rangers fan so I am hoping they beat Boston out. If Lundqvist keeps playing the way he has been, he will make it very difficult for the Bruins to score.

Lundqvist is on fire and as a Bruins fan, that scares me. That being said, the Bruins have the edge everywhere else on the ice and I think they'll be able to take the Rangers if they don't underestimate them like they did the Maple Leafs.

adamclark52
05-15-2013, 08:27 AM
Immense meltdown by the Leafs the other night. Was torn on who to root for in that series. I picked the B's in 6. Wanted Boston to lose as I find most of their fans incredibly irritating and bandwagonish, nothing against the team or players personally. Wanted Toronto to lose as if they're able to get to the East Finals, I think they would've been a tough matchup for the Pens with their speed, much like the Isles. Man, how the hell can you choke like that? Unfortunately, this loss will haunt that franchise for years and years. A Leafs fan on one of the forums actually said the team could win the Cup next year (which they won't) and this series still wouldn't be forgotten.

Good start for the Pens last night (I'm a Pens fan). But they had a similar one sided Game 1 vs the Isles, and then it became a series. Hope they don't get overconfident.

Round 2 picks:

Pens in 7
Rags in 6

Hawks in 6
Kings in 7

Leaf fans are brainwashed and will believe anything that old crackhead Don Cherry tells them. If they win the first three games of the seasons sure they're going to win the cup. Then when they lose two games they'll call for the coaches head. If some B-level player (because that's what the team is made up of) score two goals in the game he's on everyone's jersey. When he doesn't score for another two weeks they scream to trade him. They're a fun bunch.

hellawaits77ny
05-15-2013, 10:20 AM
They're a fun bunch.

Perfect description.

PowerMaiden
05-19-2013, 05:41 PM
so far so good for the Bruins

we need a win out of 2 in MSG now , those 3 rockies a the blue line are impressive, I already knew Hamilton was good since we saw him all season long, Bartkawsky is solid but Krug, wow what an entrance to start his career the kid has amazing skills ...

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

mastodon421
05-20-2013, 04:12 AM
so far so good for the Bruins

we need a win out of 2 in MSG now , those 3 rockies a the blue line are impressive, I already knew Hamilton was good since we saw him all season long, Bartkawsky is solid but Krug, wow what an entrance to start his career the kid has amazing skills ...

Cheers !
PowerMaiden
Absolutely, they've impressed the hell out of me the first two games. The offense is flowing like it was at the beginning of the season (save for Jagr and Seguin) and the rookie defenders are effortlessly stepping in for Seidenberg, Redden and Ference. Like you said, Krug has just been incredible. That kid has a bright future ahead of him if he keeps up this level of play. Hopefully they can keep up the good work on Tuesday at Madison Square Garden.

Disturbed95
05-21-2013, 03:45 AM
All of my teams are doing well so far(Kings,Redwings,Bruins). hopefully one of them will win the cup

mastodon421
05-21-2013, 06:33 PM
Bruins pulling it out again tonight:party: Johnny Boychuk blasting another slap shot past Lundqvist was so satisfying.

PowerMaiden
05-23-2013, 06:18 PM
Rask cost us the game, hope he's ready for game 5

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

mastodon421
05-23-2013, 06:32 PM
Rask cost us the game, hope he's ready for game 5

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Seriously, he fucking blew it tonight. Just about every goal he's allowed in this series has been sad.

El Gordo
05-24-2013, 08:18 AM
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

hellawaits77ny
05-25-2013, 12:01 PM
Pens finish off the Sens nicely. B's (presumably) and Pens should be a long and physical series.

Looking forward to the games tonight, 2 possible clinches.

PowerMaiden
05-25-2013, 05:14 PM
pheew it's done, bring on those damn Pengouins

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

El Gordo
05-26-2013, 07:12 AM
pheew it's done, bring on those damn Pengouins

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Buddy, if (when?) my Hawks get taken out, I'm cheering for your damn bears. I hope they grind the Pens into the ground. I hate how every hockey reporter and analyst fellates the Penguins every chance they get.

Sinister_Chalupa666
05-26-2013, 07:55 AM
I said Pens and Blackhawks for the Cup before the start of the playoffs.

Don't make me look back, Blackhawks >_<

hellawaits77ny
05-28-2013, 05:08 AM
Hate to see it happen, but not in the least suprised that Chicago stormed back to force a Game 7 after being down 3-1. Still want to see see Detroit pull off the upset. Was hoping for the Wings to clinch the series last night, so the Pens/B's would start Wed. It's now looking like the series will start Thurs, which means Game 2 would be Saturday. Cannibal Corpse and Montreal beer fest is Saturday, so I'll have to miss it :bouville:

mastodon421
05-28-2013, 05:30 AM
I want a Kings/Blackhawks series so bad....

PowerMaiden
05-29-2013, 07:08 PM
I want a Kings/Blackhawks series so bad....

you got it !

what a game tonight, seriously, wow

Bruins and Hawks in the final !

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

mankvill
05-29-2013, 07:11 PM
Only thing I care about is Detroit fucking off back home

mastodon421
05-30-2013, 03:24 AM
you got it !

what a game tonight, seriously, wow

Bruins and Hawks in the final !

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

:party: I'm so excited for that series. I only saw the 3rd period/OT of the Blackhawks/Red Wings game but it was incredibly intense and a great way to cap off the improbable Hawks comeback.

I'm nervous about my Bruins facing the Penguins though. The Penguins dominated them in the regular season and their offense is just plain horrifying. Hopefully they can pull it out, but I'm not extremely confident by any means.

El Gordo
05-30-2013, 08:50 AM
Holy fucking shit, what a game that was! I can't believe they disallowed that second Chicago goal in the third, but I'm OK with it because they won anyway!

Dextrimental
05-30-2013, 08:54 AM
Bruins vs. Penguins is going to be interesting, Bruins have stepped it up now they're in the play-offs, but Penguins are just like a freaking bulldozer this season.

I'd be happy with the Bruins winning the series!

PowerMaiden
06-01-2013, 07:10 PM
great game tonight, we had the luck on ourside but nevertheless great solid game by the Bruins even though the Pens had 3 posts. Rask was awesome too

I hate Crosbicht, only thing he does when things don't go his way is complaint on the referees

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

mastodon421
06-01-2013, 07:38 PM
great game tonight, we had the luck on ourside but nevertheless great solid game by the Bruins even though the Pens had 3 posts. Rask was awesome too

I hate Crosbicht, only thing he does when things don't go his way is complaint on the referees

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

My feelings exactly, Rask made some key stops and the offense was on fire tonight. Crosby is a bitch, that cheap shot on Rask at end of the 2nd period was the ultimate pussy move.

PowerMaiden
06-06-2013, 04:27 PM
Masive and epic win last night, finish them tomorrow !

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

PowerMaiden
06-07-2013, 07:12 PM
Bruins for the cup !

Rask is DA man

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

El Gordo
06-08-2013, 06:55 AM
What a spanking the Bruins laid on the Pens! Hopefully the Hawks can close out their series tonight and we have the first Original Six final since 1979!

El Gordo
06-09-2013, 03:43 AM
HAWKS WIN! HAWKS WIIIIIIIIIIIIN!

PowerMaiden
06-09-2013, 06:16 AM
Epic game again last night.

Bruins in 6 for the finals

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

mastodon421
06-09-2013, 01:45 PM
Bruins/Blackhawks is going to be a battle. I'm obviously pulling for my Bruins to win the Cup, but I won't be too disappointed if the Blackhawks pull it out since they are 2nd favorite team in the league. Definitely going to be an interesting series and it's badass that 2 of the original 6 are squaring off for Lord Stanley.

PowerMaiden
06-17-2013, 07:17 PM
Bruins win tonight!!!

the result of a colosal team defensive effort, awesome !

Go Bruins Go !
Cheers !
PowerMaiden

PowerMaiden
06-19-2013, 08:00 PM
outch ! this one hurts...

what a crazy game though, it starts to show that players are tired as hell, lots of weird plays by key players ... anyway, we have to forget about it and focus on next game

Cheers !
PowerrMaiden

El Gordo
06-20-2013, 03:50 PM
outch ! this one hurts...

what a crazy game though, it starts to show that players are tired as hell, lots of weird plays by key players ... anyway, we have to forget about it and focus on next game

Cheers !
PowerrMaiden

What a series! Hawks need to build on this key win. Chara actually looked human for once!

El Gordo
06-24-2013, 07:07 PM
HAAAAAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!

HAWKS WIN!!! HAWKS WIIIIIIIN!!!!

Sup PowerMaiden?

Nah, it's not like that... great series, couldn't ask for a better and more deserving opponent. I expect to see both the Hawks and the Bruins in the finals many more times in the near future. I'm ecstatic though. GO HAWKS GO!!!!!

dcmetal108
06-24-2013, 07:19 PM
My city bitches!

ShatteredFlame
06-24-2013, 07:48 PM
It's been a pleasure watching that series! Congrats Blackhawks!

PowerMaiden
06-24-2013, 08:28 PM
I'm hurt right now

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Dextrimental
06-25-2013, 05:52 AM
Is last nights game worth watching? Good on you, Blackhawks!

mastodon421
06-25-2013, 06:30 AM
Great Series and as much as it sucks that the Bruins lost, I'm glad that it was the Blackhawks that took them out. Congrats to the Hawks and hopefully the Bruins have better luck next year.

W0unds
06-25-2013, 07:09 AM
It was a good run and some great games to watch. Congrats to the Blackhawks!