PDA

View Full Version : Cannibal Corpse -- Houston, TX -- May 10th, 2013

igotnogame
05-11-2013, 12:55 PM
Kick off for the Decibel Magazine Tour 2013 in Houston, TX featuring Cannibal Corpse, Napalm Death, and Immolation. Truth be told, this was my first time to see any of these bands live, so I apologize in advance for complete setlists for all of the bands. I'm sure there will be complete setlists down the road.

Got to Fitzgerald's a little bit before doors opened at 8 pm, and there was already a massive line to get in. Went and grabbed a couple of beers across the street, and then decided to jump into line. Got inside about 9 pm and Mammoth Grinder had already played, so I missed them completely.

Immolation came on about 9:15 and played. First time hearing them, and they weren't bad at all. They played seven songs total and got the crowd moving.

????
????
Majesty and Decay
Swarm of Terror
Dawn of Possession
Hate's Plague
All That Awaits Us

After a relatively quick set change, Napalm Death came out. Again, unfortunately, I don't know everything they played. They had a couple of technical issues early on, but got around that. Crowd really went nuts when they started up.

Some of what they played in their roughly 45 minute set (not in order). It looks like they had to cut some of their set towards the end, which sucked. Very impressed by them.

From Enslavement To Obliteration
Scum
Leper Colony
Suffer the Children
You Suffer
Continuing War on Stupidity
Nazi Punks Fuck Off
Circumspect

Finally, Cannibal Corpse came on, and they were awesome. The whole floor turned into a pit during points in their show. Lots of energy by them, and George was quite talkative throughout their set, even if he was getting pissed at times with stage divers bumping into him.

They played for about 1 hr 20 minutes. Set is not quite complete and out of order for the first half, but here's most of what they played.

Disfigured
An Expiriment in Homicide
Dead Human Collection
Addicted to Vaginal Skin
Edible Autopsy
Skull Full of Maggots
Demented Aggression
I Cum Blood
Encased in Concrete
Make Them Suffer
Hammer Smashed Face

Encore:
Stripped, Raped and Strangled

Thought Cannibal was awesome live, and it was a great night overall. Loved being at a out of control, old school show. Definitely would see any of the bands again.

Again, sorry about the lack of complete setlists for the bands.

Later!

hellawaits77ny
05-11-2013, 01:00 PM
An Expiriment in Homicide
Dead Human Collection
Addicted to Vaginal Skin

For real?

Not sure if they've ever played AEIH, and DHC and ATVS haven't been on the setlist for years, to the best of my knowledge. Great to see some changes!!

elturtleboy
05-11-2013, 01:15 PM
Someone post the full Napalm set pls!

igotnogame
05-11-2013, 02:50 PM
For real?

Not sure if they've ever played AEIH, and DHC and ATVS haven't been on the setlist for years, to the best of my knowledge. Great to see some changes!!

Found some stuff on Youtube that should confirm. :)

Expiriment in Homicide
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mqXySdJatE

Dead Human Collection
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzNtvjaWMjw

Addicted to Vaginal Skin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkJFNjSDg7k

hellawaits77ny
05-11-2013, 04:01 PM
:rocker:Found some stuff on Youtube that should confirm. :)

Expiriment in Homicide
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mqXySdJatE

Dead Human Collection
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzNtvjaWMjw

Addicted to Vaginal Skin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkJFNjSDg7k

Suh-weet, thanks :rocker:

I wasn't doubting you, I was just suprised!

tenchimyo
05-11-2013, 04:09 PM
Again, sorry about the lack of complete setlists for the bands.

I know that feel, bro. You do the best you can and I for one will be happy

dcmetal108
05-11-2013, 04:41 PM
People were diving during CC. THATS AWESOME!

JRA
05-11-2013, 05:02 PM
Stripped, Raped & Strangled is the encore? I kinda like it better when they do a faux crash ending after Hammer Smashed Face and George does the Arnie line from Commando. It's like Robert Plant doing "Does anyone remember laughter?" or Roth going "Look at all the People Here tonight."

adamclark52
05-11-2013, 05:32 PM
Forty Five minutes for Napalm is a bit too short if you ask me. I'd prefer forty five for Immolation, an hour for Napalm Death and an hour and ten minutes for Cannibal Corpse, and drop all the other openers.

igotnogame
05-11-2013, 08:01 PM
People were diving during CC. THATS AWESOME!

Lol, yeah that happens quite a bit a Fitzgerald's. Security does not exist...

energymetal14
05-11-2013, 09:26 PM
Got inside about 9 pm and Mammoth Grinder had already played, so I missed them completely.

Mistake. Mammoth Grinder are awesome, I would love to see them! Haha just kidding, but they really are a cool band. Nice review, I am really pumped to see this tour!

bigguytoo9
05-11-2013, 10:44 PM
I also cannot wait to see this tour, Napalm played 45 mins opening for Municipal Waste back in November. I am not suprised to see the set length has not changed.

W0unds
05-12-2013, 07:50 AM
Nice to see Cannibal Corpse mixing it up a bit.

Hoping they have kept Scourge of Iron in their set (and its just not noted here) or will be adding it for later dates as its my favorite track off Torture.

Jochen
05-12-2013, 07:58 AM
After digging through Youtube, it looks like they opened with these three songs...

A Skull Full of Maggots
Staring Through The Eyes of the Dead
Edible Autopsy

They also played...

Gutted
Sentenced to Burn
Disposal of the Body
Evisceration Plague

They really mixed up the set, I'm much more excited to see this now, especially with those opening songs.

hellawaits77ny
05-12-2013, 10:04 AM
Wow they're really switching it up. Good to hear. WOuld definitely be a shame though, if they dropped Scourge.

elturtleboy
05-12-2013, 11:26 AM
found this online. Not sure for this date but here's Napalms tours/show setlist
http://24.media.tumblr.com/b8fef085d9fb5d5c133a77a9840653b9/tumblr_mmof1tWMpf1rozdnso1_500.jpg

adamclark52
05-12-2013, 04:46 PM
found this online. Not sure for this date but here's Napalms tours/show setlist
http://24.media.tumblr.com/b8fef085d9fb5d5c133a77a9840653b9/tumblr_mmof1tWMpf1rozdnso1_500.jpg

That's sick. A lot of stuff there I've never heard. I'm especially stocked Greed Killing, I Abstain and Lowpoint. I've never heard them play anything from that era. And the Kill is one of my favorite Napalm Death songs.

kalfitegrdan
05-12-2013, 04:52 PM
Addicted to Vaginal Skin, Staring Through the Eyes of the Dead and A Skull Full of Maggots!!! That just got me more excited for this show.

Stripped, Raped & Strangled is the encore? I kinda like it better when they do a faux crash ending after Hammer Smashed Face and George does the Arnie line from Commando. It's like Robert Plant doing "Does anyone remember laughter?" or Roth going "Look at all the People Here tonight."

They've being closing with Stripped, Raped & Strangled since the first time I saw them in 2009

hellawaits77ny
05-12-2013, 06:11 PM
They've being closing with Stripped, Raped & Strangled since the first time I saw them in 2009

Yep

igotnogame
05-18-2013, 12:29 PM
Struck up a conversation with one of the guys that shot the entire Cannibal show at Houston. Here's the setlist according to him.

01. A Skull Full of Maggots
02. Staring Through The Eyes of the Dead
03. Edible Autopsy
04. Addicted to Vaginal Skin
05. An Experiment In Homicide
06. Sentenced to Burn
07. Gutted
08. Demented Aggression
09. Scourge of Iron
10. Disfigured
11. Evisceration Plague
12. Dormant Bodies Bursting
13. Disposal of the Body
14. Decency Defied
15. Dead Human Collection
16. I Cum Blood
17. Encased In Concrete
18. Make Them Suffer
19. Hammer Smashed Face
Encore:
20. Stripped, Raped and Strangled

So, yeah, I was missing quite a few. :P

OraclesofAgony
05-18-2013, 01:42 PM
I had no idea they were gonna play Edible Autopsy when I went to the show here on Thursday. That was one of the songs that got me into Death Metal so that was pretty awesome to see.

the deathmetaler
05-20-2013, 06:27 AM
I have been watching some videos of Napalm Death from this tour and none of the videos have Protection Racket or Gag Reflex. The sets I could make out had...

Circumspect (intro)
-Everyday Pox
-Narcoleptic
-The Wolf I Feed
-Taste the Poison
-From Enslavement to Obliteration
-When All Is Said and Done
-Control
-I Abstain
-Greed Killing
-Pride Assassin
-Suffer The Children
-On The Brink of Extinction
-Scum
-Life?
-Deceiver
-The Kill
-You Suffer
-Leper Colony
-Nazi Punks Fuck Off

*That stuff is in no particular order. Just the stuff I watched.