PDA

View Full Version : Tim Lambesis arrested for trying to hire a detective to kill his wife

Pages : 1 [2]

XDoomsayerX
06-03-2013, 10:50 PM
Nice misogyny in the comments section there. Idiots.

Bitches need to know there place yo!

dcmetal108
06-04-2013, 06:01 PM
http://www.metalinjection.net/latest-news/tim-lambesis-trial/new-details-on-as-i-lay-dying-frontman-tim-lambesis-bail

$160,000 for bond, plus they will allow him to go back into the studio with his ankle bracelet.

Travis The Dragon
11-07-2013, 05:40 PM
Does anyone know what Tim's next trial date is? All I can find is that he had an arraignment on October 22nd.

dcmetal108
11-07-2013, 09:14 PM
Does anyone know what Tim's next trial date is? All I can find is that he had an arraignment on October 22nd.

No ones cares anymore.

Nater
11-07-2013, 10:35 PM
He's an american hero and should be pardoned and given the fucking noble peace prize.

mankvill
11-07-2013, 11:25 PM
He's an american hero and should be pardoned and given the fucking noble peace prize.

That's only if instead of trying to kill his wife, he succeeded in killing Mitch Lucker

dcmetal108
11-07-2013, 11:30 PM
That's only if instead of trying to kill his wife, he succeeded in killing Mitch Lucker

Winner winner chicken dinner.

kalfitegrdan
11-08-2013, 03:00 AM
Mitch Lucker didn't smash his skull on a light pole. He smashed it on Tim's rock hard abs.

AnthG
11-08-2013, 07:11 AM

I'm not even a Suicide silence or AILD fan but ouch dude.

dcmetal108
11-08-2013, 08:39 AM
Mitch Lucker didn't smash his skull on a light pole. He smashed it on Tim's rock hard abs.

Maybe Mitch was speeding on his motorcycle and just hit Tim standing still in the road.

mankvill
11-08-2013, 09:09 AM

This is the new Chuck Norris joke.

John The Drummer
11-08-2013, 01:20 PM
Tim vs The Situation in an ab off.

Travis The Dragon
11-08-2013, 10:11 PM
Well, this (http://www.underthegunreview.net/2013/11/08/tim-lambesis-due-in-court-november-13/) just showed up so my question has been answered.

Travis The Dragon
02-06-2014, 01:55 PM
For those still not interested and who don't care, Tim's court date was supposed to be the 15th of last month, but that got delayed until today so a plea bargain could be worked out (http://loudwire.com/tim-lambesis-murder-for-hire-hearing-delayed/). Hopefully the results of that will be announced soon.

Travis The Dragon
02-06-2014, 08:10 PM
Looks like there will be another court date on the 16th. (http://www.metalinjection.net/latest-news/tim-lambesis-trial/tim-lambesis-appeared-in-court-today)

DisposableJustice
02-19-2014, 01:37 PM
This article hits it right on the head, it reads like a Law&Order episode

http://www.metalinjection.net/latest-news/tim-lambesis-trial/leaked-court-transcripts-of-tim-lambesis-trial-read-like-an-episode-of-law-order

anomynous
02-25-2014, 12:02 PM
http://www.metalsucks.net/2014/02/25/tim-lambesis-nine-years-in-prison/

Nine Year Sentence

MPF
02-25-2014, 12:09 PM
I'll be back......after getting ass rammed in prison for 9 years.

elturtleboy
02-25-2014, 12:36 PM
I thought you get life for attempted murder?

300%_Density
02-25-2014, 12:42 PM
I thought you get life for attempted murder?

Apparently only if you successfully get the job done.

DisposableJustice
02-25-2014, 12:52 PM
[QUOTE]Update: Lambgoat is reporting that Lambesis might serve less than 9 years. The final decision will be made by Judge Carlos Armour on May 2nd during his sentencing hearing.QUOTE]

well, that gives him plenty of time to attempt to hire someone to attempt to murder somebody....

300%_Density
02-25-2014, 12:53 PM
[QUOTE]Update: Lambgoat is reporting that Lambesis might serve less than 9 years. The final decision will be made by Judge Carlos Armour on May 2nd during his sentencing hearing.QUOTE]

well, that gives him plenty of time to attempt to hire someone to attempt to murder somebody....

That would be the definition of efficiency.

Coma323
02-25-2014, 12:56 PM
I haven't been following this but has anyone else in the band commented on this situation since it unfolded?

AnthG
02-25-2014, 12:59 PM
We've gotten many informative statements from them, like "We thank you for your support" and stuff.

Oh, and there was that whole guitar eBay fiasco with the guitarist I think. And their drummer drummed for KsE on one tour I think.

Steev
02-25-2014, 03:00 PM
We've gotten many informative statements from them, like "We thank you for your support" and stuff.

Oh, and there was that whole guitar eBay fiasco with the guitarist I think. And their drummer drummed for KsE on one tour I think.

What guitar thing?

MPF
02-25-2014, 03:06 PM
Anyone wanna start a fundraiser so Tim can get a Casio Keyboard in prison and record some Ambient Black Metal?

ravenheart
02-25-2014, 04:01 PM
Anyone wanna start a fundraiser so Tim can get a Casio Keyboard in prison and record some Ambient Black Metal?

Don't worry, he'll start a pledge campaign soon enough.

AnthG
02-25-2014, 04:28 PM
What guitar thing?

http://www.metalinjection.net/latest-news/tim-lambesis-trial/lay-dyings-first-message-fans-months-guitar-auction

Travis The Dragon
02-25-2014, 04:41 PM
I haven't been following this but has anyone else in the band commented on this situation since it unfolded?

The band did release some general, generic statement about it when it first happened, but they've kept completely quiet about it since that. Their guitar player Nick was interviewed at NAMM (http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/as-i-lay-dyings-nick-hipa-interviewed-by-george-lynch-video/), but no questions about it were even asked. Anyway, I'm not surprised the pleaded guilty since taking the case to court probably would have guaranteed the longest sentence possible.

Dextrimental
02-25-2014, 05:20 PM
Why would the band have to comment? Their singer is being brought to trial for attempting to have his wife murdered. Nothing they can say can put a positive spin on that or brush it under the carpet. They did well to remain as incognito as they did, considering the rest of them had the carpet ripped from under them in a big way.

Travis The Dragon
02-25-2014, 05:52 PM
Why would the band have to comment? Their singer is being brought to trial for attempting to have his wife murdered. Nothing they can say can put a positive spin on that or brush it under the carpet. They did well to remain as incognito as they did, considering the rest of them had the carpet ripped from under them in a big way.

My thoughts exactly.

mankvill
02-25-2014, 06:04 PM
If they're going to issue a statement, it'll be now that he's admitted to it.

Dextrimental
02-25-2014, 06:40 PM
If they're going to issue a statement, it'll be now that he's admitted to it.

Yeah, now his fate is sealed, the band can make a statement on what they're going to do. I hope they continue as I think the rest of the band shouldn't lose their careers over what he did, but we'll see what happens.

Nater
02-25-2014, 08:28 PM
I'm going to start a petition on that Government website to have him Pardoned. He was trying to do the world a favor.

kalfitegrdan
02-25-2014, 08:37 PM
I'm going to start a petition on that Government website to have him Pardoned. He was trying to do the world a favor.

Obviously his wife was a spy for the North Koreans. Wake up sheeple.

Nater
02-25-2014, 08:54 PM
Obviously his wife was a spy for the North Koreans. Wake up sheeple.

Or a reptilian

mankvill
02-25-2014, 08:54 PM
Or a reptilian

Foz55zEK75U

dcmetal108
02-25-2014, 10:24 PM
He did it for the megalolz guys!

Also remember if he does get 9 years he'll be out in 4 or so off good behavior more than likely.

Coma323
02-26-2014, 03:10 AM
Why would the band have to comment?
They don't, was just wondering if they had since I have no interest in AILD.

TonyD
02-26-2014, 12:28 PM
Can we start taking bets on whether Tim gets outta jail before the new Necrophagist album comes out?

mastodon421
02-26-2014, 12:45 PM
Can we start taking bets on whether Tim gets outta jail before the new Necrophagist album comes out?

Yep I'll the start betting now: $2 mil on Tim getting out first.

Travis The Dragon
04-04-2014, 05:58 PM
This (http://www.metalsucks.net/2014/04/04/members-lay-dying-working-new-music-new-vocalist/) is quite interesting!

Nater
04-04-2014, 06:30 PM
This (http://www.metalsucks.net/2014/04/04/members-lay-dying-working-new-music-new-vocalist/) is quite interesting!

I'll still listen but man Tim made that band.

TehBr00tulz
04-04-2014, 06:31 PM
I think they should just go the Gaza route, get that new vocalist and change their name.

Travis The Dragon
04-04-2014, 06:33 PM
I think they should just go the Gaza route, get that new vocalist and change their name.

Well, we don't know what they have planned yet so they could be planning to do exactly that.

300%_Density
04-04-2014, 10:24 PM
Maybe they'll do something that doesn't sound like 2004 metalcore this time around.

MPF
04-09-2014, 12:05 PM
Update from Loudwire:

For nearly a year, the future of As I Lay Dying has been in question. Vocalist Tim Lambesis will soon be sentenced after pleading guilty to murder-for-hire charges and the remaining band members have been posting various sound clips along with a mysterious new symbol. However, As I Lay Dying have finally released a statement addressing what is planned for their musical future.

A lot of content is addressed in As I Lay Dying’s new statement. Along with addressing their Christian background, As I Lay Dying talk about splitting into various factions. The only two official members of AILD are now Tim Lambesis and Jordan Mancino, who founded the band in 2000. However, the band will remain dormant for now. We also learn that the new symbol and sound clips shared by recent AILD members Mancino, Phil Sgrosso, Nick Hipa and Josh Gilbert are part of a separate project featuring vocalist Shane Blay. Finally, the statement reveals that, despite his upcoming sentencing, Tim Lambesis is forming yet another new project.

As I Lay Dying write:

There have been a lot of questions from fans over the past year and we’ll hopefully be able to provide more answers over time. However, this update is only to address things related to AILD’s future.

Originally, we said we’d update fans as soon as we knew more. We apologize for not sticking to that. It seemed best to wait until definitive news came in with a specific timeline. However, in light of speculation on other sites, an official update from As I Lay Dying seems to be the best way to clarify some things.

A good starting point is to clarify some things that have often been falsely reported. Tim was not a Christian at the time of his arrest, nor was As I Lay Dying a Christian band in 2013. It hadn’t been for some time and, to the best of my knowledge, only one of the people playing in the band even claimed to be a Christian at that time. The changed view had been written about it in a handful of As I Lay Dying songs and Tim’s later atheistic view had even been documented in court records. However, it doesn’t make as sensational of a headline to refer to the arrest of the “Ex-Christian Metal Sub-Genre Independent Artist” as it does the “Grammy Nominated Top 10 Selling Christian Rockstar” of the past.

With all that said, we don’t know how each musician from the previous era of As I Lay Dying will think about these topics in the future. For example, Tim has spent much of the last year reevaluating what originally convinced him to abandon belief in God. I have gathered that after much brokenness and repentance he sees things differently, considers himself a follower of Jesus, someone submitted to the will of God, or whatever you want to call it. That’s for him to talk about when he’s comfortable and only time will tell if he is sincere. What is certain though is that it’s impossible to face the events of last year without being changed in some way. Let’s let the guys focus on future music and hopefully the headline driven press will leave this issue alone for a while given some clarification.

Uncertainty ahead…
As I Lay Dying was originally founded/owned by Tim and then eventually the ownership was shared with Jordan about six years later. As the only official members, neither would like to move forward at the moment regardless off the upcoming sentencing time (which is still yet to be determined / not 9 years). There has been enough communication to establish some differences in opinion about what to do in the distant future. That keeps AILD’s future in limbo. The hibernating version of the band is just the official band owners, which means As I Lay Dying is Tim & Jordan. This is based on the uncertainty of the future, including who will be performing with the band when/if that time comes. There have been nearly 20 guys who filled the vacant bass or guitar positions in As I Lay Dying history. The current setup is definitely not a closed door on some of the ex-members talking in the future, but it just makes sense for now that AILD is only Tim and Jordan.

Two opinions…
Tim has acknowledged his guilt and clearly made some bad decisions in a period of time where he acted contrary to the person he’s been most of his life. He believes AILD should only pick back up if it’s in a form restored to its roots. For Tim, the potential of pursuing AILD again means working on a lot of other more important things in his personal life first.

On the other hand, Jordan feels differently about the future. Even if more discussions were to take place, he would rather take time to pursue other things. That includes releasing new music with three of the guys from the most recent As I Lay Dying lineup. It’s a chance for Jordan to be more involved in the songwriting process and enjoy other styles he’d rather play. In fact, they’ve already recorded their debut album and I’m sure it’ll be awesome. It’s not meant to replace As I Lay Dying because it is something stylistically different under a different name. Interestingly enough, their vocalist is also a former Christian like his new bandmates and was/is the guitar player for Oh Sleeper (Shane Blay). They’ll have stuff to release through Metal Blade relatively soon, which will be an exciting/interesting combination given the band’s more radio friendly sound.

In terms of music, Tim doesn’t want to pursue performing live music full time regardless of what length his sentence ends up being. His sentence certainly won’t be forever, but even so, touring full time doesn’t seem healthy or practical given his new outlook and goals. Creating new music is the part Tim loves most and he will always continue to release albums. That includes a bunch of stuff he has recorded in the past six months that he will announce a project name for soon as well. As an occasional ear behind the scenes, it is good hear him playing guitar again and writing lots of riffs again like he did across the first five As I Lay Dying releases.

Hopefully that addresses the major questions related to As I Lay Dying. AILD is sleeping rather than dead, and there are two separate projects to hold you over whether or not it is awakened again.

Stay tuned for further updates on As I Lay Dying and the various projects of the band’s current and former members. Tim Lambesis is scheduled to be sentenced on May 2.

Read More: As I Lay Dying on Tim Lambesis, Future of Band, New Projects | http://loudwire.com/as-i-lay-dying-statement-tim-lambesis-future-of-band-new-projects/?trackback=tsmclip

anomynous
04-09-2014, 12:55 PM
Now the rest of the band is saying that statement was written completely by Lambesis and none of them even knew he was doing it (http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/as-i-lay-dying-members-imply-earlier-statement-was-written-solely-by-tim-lambesis/)

MPF
04-09-2014, 12:58 PM
:lol:

This makes for some great entertainment today.

Nater
04-09-2014, 06:23 PM
Tim is the fucking man.

Dextrimental
04-09-2014, 06:51 PM
I'm excited for the Oh Sleeper/AILD band. I'll be ignoring anything Tim does from here on in - not sure if he realizes him trying to have someone killed isn't something that you can just walk away from. This isn't Norwegian black metal.

Nick_to_the_face
04-09-2014, 11:57 PM
Man, Tim doesn't give a fuuuuck

NickLed19
04-10-2014, 02:03 AM
Tim is AILD, and that's it.

Travis The Dragon
05-11-2014, 02:54 PM
This is kind of strange. From: http://asilaydying.com/

As I Lay Dying is:
Tim Lambesis
Jordan Mancino

Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/As_I_Lay_Dying_(band)#Band_members) also lists those 2 as members.

Dextrimental
05-11-2014, 02:56 PM
I'd imagine the decision was up to each of the members to continue, for now Jordan wants to be a part of it. Still no interest.

dcmetal108
05-11-2014, 03:01 PM
I'd imagine the decision was up to each of the members to continue, for now Jordan wants to be a part of it. Still no interest.

I'd imagine the only reason Jordan's name is there is since he own's a large chunk of the bands rights.

Dextrimental
05-11-2014, 03:54 PM
I'd imagine the only reason Jordan's name is there is since he own's a large chunk of the bands rights.

Ever more sense.

detuned
05-11-2014, 04:02 PM
since tim's statement isnt up there anymore, here it is again

“There have been a lot of questions from fans over the past year and we’ll hopefully be able to provide more answers over time. However, this update is only to address things related to AILD’s future.

Originally, we said we’d update fans as soon as we knew more. We apologize for not sticking to that. It seemed best to wait until definitive news came in with a specific timeline. However, in light of speculation on other sites, an official update from As I Lay Dying seems to be the best way to clarify some things.

A good starting point is to clarify some things that have often been falsely reported. Tim was not a Christian at the time of his arrest, nor was As I Lay Dying a Christian band in 2013. It hadn’t been for some time and, to the best of my knowledge, only one of the people playing in the band even claimed to be a Christian at that time. The changed view had been written about it in a handful of As I Lay Dying songs and Tim‘s later atheistic view had even been documented in court records. However, it doesn’t make as sensational of a headline to refer to the arrest of the “Ex-Christian Metal Sub-Genre Independent Artist” as it does the “Grammy Nominated Top 10 Selling Christian Rockstar” of the past.

With all that said, we don’t know how each musician from the previous era of As I Lay Dying will think about these topics in the future. For example, Tim has spent much of the last year reevaluating what originally convinced him to abandon belief in God. I have gathered that after much brokenness and repentance he sees things differently, considers himself a follower of Jesus, someone submitted to the will of God, or whatever you want to call it. That’s for him to talk about when he’s comfortable and only time will tell if he is sincere. What is certain though is that it’s impossible to face the events of last year without being changed in some way. Let’s let the guys focus on future music and hopefully the headline driven press will leave this issue alone for a while given some clarification.

Uncertainty ahead…

As I Lay Dying was originally founded/owned by Tim and then eventually the ownership was shared with Jordan about six years later. As the only official members, neither would like to move forward at the moment regardless off the upcoming sentencing time (which is still yet to be determined / not 9 years). There has been enough communication to establish some differences in opinion about what to do in the distant future. That keeps AILD’s future in limbo. The hibernating version of the band is just the official band owners, which means As I Lay Dying is Tim & Jordan. This is based on the uncertainty of the future, including who will be performing with the band when/if that time comes. There have been nearly 20 guys who filled the vacant bass or guitar positions in As I Lay Dying history. The current setup is definitely not a closed door on some of the ex-members talking in the future, but it just makes sense for now that AILD is only Tim and Jordan.

Two opinions…

Tim has acknowledged his guilt and clearly made some bad decisions in a period of time where he acted contrary to the person he’s been most of his life. He believes AILD should only pick back up if it’s in a form restored to its roots. For Tim, the potential of pursuing AILD again means working on a lot of other more important things in his personal life first.

On the other hand, Jordan feels differently about the future. Even if more discussions were to take place, he would rather take time to pursue other things. That includes releasing new music with three of the guys from the most recent As I Lay Dying lineup. It’s a chance for Jordan to be more involved in the songwriting process and enjoy other styles he’d rather play. In fact, they’ve already recorded their debut album and I’m sure it’ll be awesome. It’s not meant to replace As I Lay Dying because it is something stylistically different under a different name. Interestingly enough, their vocalist is also a former Christian like his new bandmates and was/is the guitar player for Oh Sleeper (Shane Blay). They’ll have stuff to release through Metal Blade relatively soon, which will be an exciting/interesting combination given the band’s more radio friendly sound.

In terms of music, Tim doesn’t want to pursue performing live music full time regardless of what length his sentence ends up being. His sentence certainly won’t be forever, but even so, touring full time doesn’t seem healthy or practical given his new outlook and goals. Creating new music is the part Tim loves most and he will always continue to release albums. That includes a bunch of stuff he has recorded in the past six months that he will announce a project name for soon as well. As an occasional ear behind the scenes, it is good hear him playing guitar again and writing lots of riffs again like he did across the first five As I Lay Dying releases.

Hopefully that addresses the major questions related to As I Lay Dying. AILD is sleeping rather than dead, and there are two separate projects to hold you over whether or not it is awakened again.

Derelict
05-12-2014, 05:54 AM
Make perfect sense....Tim was an atheist when he tried to have his wife murdered, now he's into Jesus again.

300%_Density
05-12-2014, 06:27 AM
Make perfect sense....Tim was an atheist when he tried to have his wife murdered, now he's into Jesus again.

Just like a buffet, pick and choose what you want.

Travis The Dragon
05-12-2014, 02:17 PM

Ah, that would explain it then. And I think I'll be a Satanist today!

detuned
05-12-2014, 02:44 PM
its not a matter of jordan wanting to continue, its a matter of tim controlling the website, not letting the band just die, and above all else being fucking nuts

PVH5150
05-16-2014, 02:31 PM
As I Lay Dying frontman Tim Lambesis finally had his day in court today, May 16th, after a series of delays. Lambesis was sentenced to six years in prison after having pled guilty to a charge of solicitation of another to commit murder. He was charged with the offense after attempting to hire an undercover detective posing as a hitman to murder his estranged wife, Meggan Lambesis.

A report from the sentencing running over at Radio.com has word that various As I Lay Dying bandmates were in attendance during the sentencing. The parents of Meggan and she herself also spoke during the proceedings, claiming that her life had “felt as fragile as a piece of paper that could float away at any moment.”

She also mentioned that Tim would repeatedly quote the “Total Recall” line ”consider that a divorce” which was delivered after Arnold Schwarzenegger shot his fake wife in the film.

Judge Carlos Armour handed down the sentence and disputed the defense’s claims that the steroids played a major factor. He argued that numerous individuals use steroids and do not plot to kill their wives. He went on to insist that in Lambesis‘ case it was a “something twisted inside a character” to want to commit murder.

Meggan Lambesis and the pair’s adopted children will receive 10 years protection from Tim. Tim technically won’t be serving a full six years however as he is receiving 48 days credit for time already served.

Lambesis still faces a $2 million civil suit filed by his ex-wife.

Nater
05-16-2014, 07:38 PM
http://www.altpress.com/features/entry/tim_lambesis_world_exclusive_interview_as_i_lay_dy ing_singer_breaks_silence

It's an amazing interview. It's a long read but well worth it as it goes into every little detail of this including the stuff with the band.

imanidiot777
05-20-2014, 06:00 AM
Pretty effing scathing. I thought this before Hipa even made these comments.

http://metalhammer.teamrock.com/news/2014-05-20/lambesis-has-appalling-agenda

LogicBomb
05-20-2014, 11:52 AM
She also mentioned that Tim would repeatedly quote the “Total Recall” line ”consider that a divorce” which was delivered after Arnold Schwarzenegger shot his fake wife in the film.

Haha, what the hell.

detuned
05-20-2014, 05:19 PM
RESEARCH

TonyD
05-20-2014, 06:53 PM

I know that's terrible, but it's priceless.

MPF
05-20-2014, 07:04 PM
He really wanted to be in Federal Pound In The Ass Prison.