PDA

View Full Version : Hank III to release two new albums soon.

christopher
05-05-2013, 05:01 PM
:: May 03, 2013 :::
The master tapes for the two upcoming releases have been sent to the distribution company, Megaforce Records.

A "Country" release, will be entitled, "Brothers Of The 4x4". The second, is what Hank describes as a Hellbilly/Punk styled release will be named, "A Fiendish Threat". As it stands now, "Brothers Of The 4X4" will contain 16 tracks, and "A Fiendish Threat" will hold 13 tracks. No release date, or tour dates supporting the two releases have been set.

I'm so stoked that we FINALLY get a Hellbilly album!!! I can't wait to hear it and see him again. It will be good to get some more Hellbilly set on his tour.

ravenheart
05-05-2013, 05:11 PM
Neither of these can be worse than the total crock of shit that made up the two of the discs the other year when he released four albums on one day...

And as fucking shit as they all were, neither of them were as bad as the one official Assjack album.

christopher
05-05-2013, 05:28 PM
:lol: yeah, that last set of albums could have been WAY better if he got rid of that damn sound effect machine. As for the Assjack album, I don't listen to it too much mainly cause of the effects. I really like those songs from Bootleg 3, but not the official album.

Cross Face Chicken Wing
05-05-2013, 06:25 PM
I love III's country albums. All of them are great IMO, even the first two that he tries to distance himself from.

I respect how hard he works and the effort he puts into the metal/other stuff, but I gotta be honest, his non-country stuff fucking blows. To each their own, I guess, but I've tried and tried to get into Assjack and can't do it. The Hellbilly stuff I could take or leave and I have no idea what the hell was going on with Cattle Callin'. The doom record had one decent song.

I usually bring fans of mainstream country music to III's shows to give them a taste of something that isn't generic and pre-packaged. They always come away impressed. When III's country set wraps up, I say "Ok, let's head out." Usually my friends will want to stay and check out the Assjack set because they want to see "why I'm so into heavy metal."

I tell them I am very into heavy metal, and if they want to see why, they should accompany me to a Cannibal Corpse or Gojira show, not whatever the hell Assjack is. Assjack comes out, it's terrible, and my friends laugh at me even more "liking that crap."

Yeah, my friends are stupid and annoying. But so is III's non-country stuff.

Much respect to III for doing it his way and ignoring what people like me have to say, but goddam, the truth is the truth.

WOLVERINEKILLS
05-05-2013, 06:35 PM
I love III's country albums. All of them are great IMO, even the first two that he tries to distance himself from.

I respect how hard he works and the effort he puts into the metal/other stuff, but I gotta be honest, his non-country stuff fucking blows. To each their own, I guess, but I've tried and tried to get into Assjack and can't do it. The Hellbilly stuff I could take or leave and I have no idea what the hell was going on with Cattle Callin'. The doom record had one decent song.

I usually bring fans of mainstream country music to III's shows to give them a taste of something that isn't generic and pre-packaged. They always come away impressed. When III's country set wraps up, I say "Ok, let's head out." Usually my friends will want to stay and check out the Assjack set because they want to see "why I'm so into heavy metal."

I tell them I am very into heavy metal, and if they want to see why, they should accompany me to a Cannibal Corpse or Gojira show, not whatever the hell Assjack is. Assjack comes out, it's terrible, and my friends laugh at me even more "liking that crap."

Yeah, my friends are stupid and annoying. But so is III's non-country stuff.

Much respect to III for doing it his way and ignoring what people like me have to say, but goddam, the truth is the truth.

Ben there, done that and agree 100%!

ravenheart
05-06-2013, 03:34 AM
they should accompany me to a Cannibal Corpse or Gojira show, not whatever the hell Assjack is.

Agree Assjack is not the right thing to demonstrate heavy metal to a non-fan, but neither are CC or Gojira. The reaction of your friends will be identical.

If you want to demonstrate heavy metal to a non-fan, you take them to something like Maiden, Dio when he was around, or anything else which is heavy, but where no one can deny the singing is good, because in the vast majority of cases it's extreme singing people don't like, not heavy guitars, and most people think all metal is death metal "screaming and shouting".

treghet
05-06-2013, 03:50 AM
and most people think all metal is death metal "screaming and shouting".

And if it's not death metal, it is the consistently misused term screamo. The other day I was wearing a Destruction shirt and I was asked if they were "one of those screamo bands".

Cross Face Chicken Wing
05-06-2013, 04:37 AM
Agree Assjack is not the right thing to demonstrate heavy metal to a non-fan, but neither are CC or Gojira. The reaction of your friends will be identical.

If you want to demonstrate heavy metal to a non-fan, you take them to something like Maiden, Dio when he was around, or anything else which is heavy, but where no one can deny the singing is good, because in the vast majority of cases it's extreme singing people don't like, not heavy guitars, and most people think all metal is death metal "screaming and shouting".

Yeah, CC and Gojira were just the first two bands that popped in my head. Both would still get a much better reaction from non-metal fans than Assjack, though.

energymetal14
05-06-2013, 04:57 AM
And if it's not death metal, it is the consistently misused term screamo. The other day I was wearing a Destruction shirt and I was asked if they were "one of those screamo bands".

I can't stand that!!

Onioner
05-06-2013, 05:35 AM

Yarp.

RampinUp46
05-06-2013, 06:09 AM

Replace Destruction with literally any metal band (anything from Iron Maiden to Suffocation), and you'll know what it's like to be a metalhead in high school these days in a nutshell. :hmm:

ravenheart
05-06-2013, 09:42 AM
Fortunately "screamo" isn't really a used/known term in the UK, so we don't get that. People know the term "death metal" though.

Cross Face Chicken Wing
05-06-2013, 10:46 AM
Yeah, to my non-metal listening friends (which is pretty much all of them) any kind of metal or heavier rock is "death metal."

Pantera = death metal. Mastodon = death metal. Slayer = death metal. Ghost = death metal (seriously, a buddy of mine turned down going to see them this weekend and told me I need to get over 80s death metal).

A band like Maiden avoids the death metal tag, but usually gets called a hair band.

BloodoftheKings
05-06-2013, 11:29 AM
Ghost = death metal (seriously, a buddy of mine turned down going to see them this weekend and told me I need to get over 80s death metal).

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdhsypGedE1qc6tmbo1_500.jpg

kalfitegrdan
05-06-2013, 09:42 PM

I fucking hate that. Uneducated generalizations about metal and metalheads in general really grind my gears more than most things.

christopher
07-30-2013, 05:08 PM
On October 1, 2013. Hank3 will release a brand new double country album, entitled Brothers of the 4x4, and a single "punk" album, entitled A Fiendish Threat, with his new project “3”. Brothers of the 4x4 and A Fiendish Threat will both be available as double LP vinyl versions.

http://www.hank3.com/brothersofthe4x4.jpg

-CD 1-
1) Nearly Gone
2) Hurtin’ For Certin
3) Brothers of the 4x4
4) Farthest Away
5) Held Up
6) Outdoor Plan
7) Deep Scars
8) Lookey Yonder Commin
9) Ain’t Broken Down
10) Overdrive
11) Loners 4 Life
12) Dreadfull Drive
-CD 2-
1) Getting Dim
2) Possum in a Tree
3) Broken Boogie
4) Toothpickin

http://www.hank3.com/afiendishthreat.jpg

1) Can I Rip U
2) Different From the Rest
3) There’s Another Road
4) Broke Jaw
5) Watchin U Suffer
6) Brekin Free
7) Face Down
8) New Identity
9) Feel the Sting
10) Fight My Way
11) Full On
12) Your Floor
13) A Fiendish Threat

christopher
09-05-2013, 08:13 PM
Here's (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlpCExt6oKQ) a live clip of Can I Rip You? off of A Fiendish Threat. Sounds awesome!!