PDA

View Full Version : Documentary By Sepultura On Their History...

DisposableJustice
04-29-2013, 09:52 AM
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/interfacefilmes/sepultura-official-documentary

Found this on Facebook this morning, this is being filmed and the funding is done by kickstarter..

THE PROJECT – Finally: The long awaited documentary about SEPULTURA’s incredible journey from Brazil to the world. Filmmaker Otavio Juliano has been following SEPULTURA for the better part of 2010-2013, a time of tension and triumph for the band, as they toured and recorded their album Kairos. Nothing has been off-limits. This amazing story will go through SEPULTURA’s history, myths, conflicts, personnel changes and struggles with the Internet economy in the early 2000s as well interviews and rare footage. This documentary is certain to bring fans closer to the band they love.

About 50% of the film has been shot so far. We have witnessed this historic band experiencing wrenching transformations and unprecedented growth. We opened SEPULTURA's vault and dig into the best rare and unseen footage of the last 30 years. We will see them at their most vulnerable and human, and also as idols of the heavy metal genre. Those elements make the overall film an uncommonly powerful statement.

I recently really just got into Sepultura and studying their history and I am curious how this film will look at the Max Cavaerla era band, as current Sepultura doesn't even regard some projects done with Max on their official timeline, such as Under a Pale Grey Sky. I also wonder if this film will turn into a pissing contest about whose fault it is for the departure of Max in 1997 or if they will just honor the past 30 years in a good way.

Thoughts?

ravenheart
04-29-2013, 10:13 AM
> made some messy thrash albums
> made a good thrash album
> sold out
> some guys left
> made crap albums

/ internet opinion regurgitation

That's about it, right?

MPF
04-29-2013, 10:24 AM
> made some messy thrash albums
> sold out
> some guys left
> made crap albums

/ internet opinion regurgitation

That's about it, right?

You forgot the best Metalsucks Article Headline.

DRUMMER WHO IS NOT IGOR CAVALERA REPLACES DRUMMER WHO IS NOT IGOR CAVALERA

adamclark52
04-29-2013, 10:25 AM
I thought they were cool with Max? Or at least cool enough not to blast him in a documentary?

And wasn't ignoring Under a Pale Grey Sky more due to Roadrunner releasing it without their permission?

energymetal14
04-29-2013, 11:39 AM
I'm interested to see how this turns out. I really hope they don't just bash Max and act like they are a better band now then they were back then.

mankvill
04-29-2013, 12:30 PM

...which...is...? :eyes:

300%_Density
04-29-2013, 01:12 PM

My vote is Beneath The Remains maybe?

DisposableJustice
04-29-2013, 01:26 PM
I thought they were cool with Max? Or at least cool enough not to blast him in a documentary?

And wasn't ignoring Under a Pale Grey Sky more due to Roadrunner releasing it without their permission?

From what I understand Under a Pale Grey Sky was aimed at boosting sales after low figures for Against and Nation; basically, imo it was more you guys can't sell shit now that Max is gone, so we're going to help by releasing one of the last shows with Max; I'm sure that pissed Sepultura off and thus they didn't give it the green light but RR did it anyway

My thought is will they be able to look at the whole history of the band in a positive and fair way or will it start to bleed into one era is better than the other. We'll see.....

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
04-29-2013, 03:27 PM
My vote is Beneath The Remains maybe?

Arise gets my vote.

El Gordo
04-29-2013, 03:33 PM

Oh come on, they made three good thrash albums.

ravenheart
04-29-2013, 04:34 PM

Don't ask me, ask the internet.

dcmetal108
04-29-2013, 07:55 PM
Why the hell do they think someone is going to donate $10,000.