PDA

View Full Version : This Is Boston: A Benefit for the victims of the Boston marathon bombing

PVH5150
04-19-2013, 08:06 PM
Monday, May 6
South Shore Music Hall
Quincy, MA

Slapshot
Converge
Dropdead
Wrecking Crew
Doomriders
New Lows
The Revilers
For The Worse
Insult
Sexcrement

21+. Tickets on sale TBA. All tickets are $20 and all proceeds go to The One Fund.

Indestructible
04-19-2013, 09:06 PM
Dropdead
Wrecking Crew
Doomriders
For The Worse
Insult

Some dark irony here, having bands with these band names at a benefit for victims of a bombing.... You think they could have picked bands with nicer names. You know names that won't make the surviving victims relive what happened. Just saying.

dcmetal108
04-19-2013, 09:19 PM
Some dark irony here, having bands with these band names at a benefit for victims of a bombing.... You think they could have picked bands with nicer names. You know names that won't make the surviving victims relive what happened. Just saying.

It's also put together by a hardcore organizer and a lot of those bands don't have friendly names.

energymetal14
04-19-2013, 10:24 PM
I will be attending this. There is not a chance I will not be going. This lineup is absolutely amazing, and it helps the marathon bombing victims. I can't pass this up.

treghet
04-19-2013, 10:27 PM

http://25.media.tumblr.com/81ca92f680b961cd5956001cbcdfb545/tumblr_mfwue6L2yd1rxxhm5o1_500.jpg

brutal_descent
04-20-2013, 01:04 AM

You crawl out of your hole to say that?

christopher
04-20-2013, 01:12 AM

:lol: can we get a Shell Shock reunion for this then??

elturtleboy
04-20-2013, 01:54 AM

:lol:

Nah but seriously your choice of bands would be horrible.

brutal_descent
04-20-2013, 02:19 AM
Besides, I doubt 99% of the survivors will even hear about this.

Indestructible
04-20-2013, 02:24 AM
So no one can see how having bands called For The Worse, Dropdead, Wrecking Crew, or Doomriders, would offend some of the victims if they were to attend this or read about this? You don't think something as little as band names like this would trigger memories, breakdowns etc of people who went through a traumatic experience?

brutal_descent
04-20-2013, 02:38 AM
"not that anyone on this website cares about logic or intelligence"

Neither of which can be found in any of your posts, Alex Jones Jr.

brutal_descent
04-20-2013, 02:48 AM
Jesus, man. It's the thought that fucking counts. Are you really going to give people shit for organizing an event that benefits the survivors of a terrible tragedy? You're probably not going to go to this unless you like the kind of music these bands play, in which case, you've probably heard of bands with names much worse than these. If the whole trigger thing is that bad for you, you're may as well quit listening to extreme music altogether.

Besides, I'm pretty sure that if this had bands like Death Angel, Overkill, Warbringer, Megadeth and Anthrax, you wouldn't be complaining, although those names are just as if not more so disturbing as the ones featured on this bill.

Edit: :lol: What a fucking pussy. Don't say stupid shit if you're not ready to defend it.

elturtleboy
04-20-2013, 03:05 AM
So no one can see how having bands called For The Worse, Dropdead, Wrecking Crew, or Doomriders, would offend some of the victims if they were to attend this or read about this? You don't think something as little as band names like this would trigger memories, breakdowns etc of people who went through a traumatic experience?

http://www.tiopike.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/i-see-what-you-did-there.png

brutal_descent
04-20-2013, 03:09 AM

A+

brutal_descent
04-20-2013, 03:24 AM
These are all bands from Boston and the surrounding areas who have come together to raise money for a great cause. Their names do not matter the slightest bit. You're just trying to connect some imaginary dots to make a big deal out of it. These bands and everybody else involved are doing a wonderful thing, and if you didn't notice, they aren't taking a dollar for it. I highly doubt any survivor would object to that, regardless of if they personally approve of the names of any of the bands playing.

Exactly. They're doing more than you are for the survivors you're so ardently standing up for, that's for fucking sure.

treghet
04-20-2013, 03:25 AM
I know I was never favored on this board, but you guys still have to do this? Either I post and my comment kills the thread for some reason, or I get this for making a fucking point. Now I know why I stopped commenting on this site. I think I'll stick to that after this. So no one can see how having bands called For The Worse, Dropdead, Wrecking Crew, or Doomriders, would offend some of the victims if they were to attend this or read about this? I am not from Boston. You don't think something as little as band names like this would trigger memories, breakdowns etc of people who went through a traumatic experience? Are people that clueless about how bad something like this fucks up someone for life? I'm just making a logical point. Not like this site really gives a fuck about logic or intelligence, carry on.

Your point simply holds no weight. These are all bands from Boston and the surrounding areas who have come together to raise money for a great cause. Their names do not matter the slightest bit. You're just trying to connect some imaginary dots to make a big deal out of it. These bands and everybody else involved are doing a wonderful thing, and if you didn't notice, they aren't taking a dollar for it. I highly doubt any survivor would object to that, regardless of if they personally approve of the names of any of the bands playing.

mankvill
04-20-2013, 04:06 AM
They should get Boston Strangler to play

mastodon421
04-20-2013, 04:36 AM
It's so fucking awesome they are doing this to support the victims, really wish I could go.

kalfitegrdan
04-20-2013, 04:43 AM

:lol: Beat me to it.

dcmetal108
04-20-2013, 07:28 AM
A+

A++

slapguitarer
04-20-2013, 09:58 AM

:lol:

BloodoftheKings
04-20-2013, 10:17 AM
http://i.imgur.com/6cLh4by.gif

elturtleboy
04-20-2013, 10:33 AM
They should get Boston Strangler to play

:party:

Bengals279
04-20-2013, 11:11 AM
I can see why people would be opposed to some of the bands playing because of their names. But it is a benefit show so I don't see how people could get that mad

dcmetal108
04-20-2013, 03:51 PM
I can see why people would be opposed to some of the bands playing because of their names. But it is a benefit show so I don't see how people could get that mad

When's the last time you heard someone complain about the name of a band?

Plus this is a fucking hardcore show so 95% of people will never know it happened.

300%_Density
04-20-2013, 04:01 PM
Well

I guess since a tornado destroyed my town 2 years ago I should also hate any song or band that has talked about disasters or tornados or wind or anything that could possibly bring up anything related.

Ommie
04-20-2013, 05:07 PM
Plus this is a fucking hardcore show so 99.9% of people will never know it happened.
Fixed.

Also, I have to add that this thread is hilarious and I approve. :cool:

elturtleboy
04-20-2013, 05:16 PM
Well

I guess since a tornado destroyed my town 2 years ago I should also hate any song or band that has talked about disasters or tornados or wind or anything that could possibly bring up anything related.

You're gonna hate Megadeth

300%_Density
04-20-2013, 05:21 PM
You're gonna hate Megadeth

Yep. They made Tornado of Souls. With this logic, I have to hate them now.

dcmetal108
04-20-2013, 06:02 PM
Well

I think we've all known someone that has been pregnant so we should all hate Dying Fetus now.

Bengals279
04-20-2013, 09:11 PM
When's the last time you heard someone complain about the name of a band?

Plus this is a fucking hardcore show so 95% of people will never know it happened.

Im not saying people should get mad because of their band names. Im just saying if a victim or someone involved got "offended" I could see where they would be coming from. But people don't have the right to not be offended.

larvtard
04-21-2013, 06:43 PM

I can see Dropdead but you're totally reaching with the other four, man :lol:

mankvill
04-21-2013, 09:36 PM
trigger warning: two-stepping

Natrlhi
04-22-2013, 08:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLI0GMMbQaQ

I didn't say it - Ed Helms did, so don't be getting all pissed off at me.

energymetal14
04-25-2013, 04:44 PM
LOL at what this thread has turned into :lol:

Just bought my ticket for this :party:. The show is gonna be incredible!

elturtleboy
04-25-2013, 10:24 PM
LOL at what this thread has turned into :lol:

Just bought my ticket for this :party:. The show is gonna be incredible!

You lucky mofo. Have fun

treghet
04-29-2014, 04:33 AM
Well this is fucked.

http://www.vanyaland.com/2014/04/28/benefit-doubt-boston-raised-nearly-15000-one-fund-wheres-money/

IrritatedTrout
04-29-2014, 01:44 PM
Indeed.

300%_Density
04-29-2014, 02:20 PM
This one is directly from my home town. Dickery is still dickery. (http://www.ksdk.com/story/news/local/5-on-your-side/2014/04/24/where-are-the-joplin-tornado-donations/8110347/)