PDA

View Full Version : Anthrax -- Silver Spring, MD -- April 14th, 2013

tenchimyo
04-17-2013, 07:58 PM
Full review- w. pics (http://heavymetalcowboysteve.blogspot.com/2013/04/anthrax-exodus-municipal-waste-shadows.html)

Can't see why no one posted already??

Holy Grail- RULED. My favourite of the night. Were corrected about Silver Spring VS Silver Springs. Sounded great, no real complaints

Shadows Fall- good, nothing really bad- but I felt they were kind of lackluster, as it was about the same as the other 2 times I saw them recently.

Municipal Waste- songs started out good, but got too chaotic and messy. Crowd loved them tho. I think I should like them cause I like Lich King and SOD (similar silly thrash bands), but I was unfamiliar with the songs. Confetti like a Kix show at the end

Exodus- way better than last times I saw them- so much energy \m/ and a better setlist too! The Crowd were pretty ape for them

Anthrax- very solid, nothing to complain about, except the horrible 'I'm the Man' and a meh cover ('Time'), the safest cover (AC/DC), and Madhouse instead of that SOD cover.

Setlists

Holy Grail (~6- :625)

Dark Passenger
Bleeding Stone
Ride the Void
Crosswinds
My Last Attack
Fight to Kill

Shadows Fall (I think this is accurate, from a recent show thru Setlist.fm)

The Light That Blinds
The Idiot Box
Weight of the World
King of Nothing
The Power of I and I
Divide and Conquer
War (Bob Marley Cover)

Municipal Waste (looks accurate, from a recent show thru Setlist.fm)

Unleash the Bastards
The Thrashin' of the Christ
Sadistic Magician
You're Cut Off
Authority Complex
Beer Pressure
Thrashing's My Business... And Business Is Good
Terror Shark
Headbanger Face Rip
Mind Eraser
The Art of Partying

Exodus (looks accurate, from a recent show thru Setlist.fm)

The Ballad of Leonard and Charles
A Lesson in Violence
War Is My Shepherd
Fabulous Disaster
Blacklist
Bonded by Blood
The Toxic Waltz
Strike of the Beast

Anthrax

Among the Living
Caught in a Mosh
I Am the Law
Efilnikufesin (N.F.L.)
A Skeleton in the Closet
Hymn 1
In the End
T.N.T. (AC/DC cover) (w/ short Back in Black" riff)
Madhouse
Indians
One World
A.D.I. / Horror of It All
Got the Time (Joe Jackson cover)

Imitation of Life
Drum Solo (UGGGHHH)
I'm the Man (partial)
Antisocial (Trust cover)

Maideneer
04-17-2013, 08:08 PM
The fact that drum solos (or any solos really) exist in 2013 from well-established metal bands is a disgrace. A complete time waster that is 9 times out of 10 boring, unoriginal and enraging when you figure out another song could have been slipped in there.

tenchimyo
04-17-2013, 08:15 PM
The fact that drum solos (or any solos really) exist in 2013 from well-established metal bands is a disgrace. A complete time waster that is 9 times out of 10 boring, unoriginal and enraging when you figure out another song could have been slipped in there.

100% agree. I can count on one half hand the number of drum solos I have heard and actually enjoyed. Now Guitar (usually great) and Bass solos (usually a rare treat), or Keys solo (usually a silly treat) are acceptable to me

Nater
04-17-2013, 08:34 PM
The only drum solo that should ever be played is Mickey Dee's drum solo.

energymetal14
04-17-2013, 08:48 PM

:agree:

TonyD
04-17-2013, 10:28 PM
How can you not enjoy I'm the Man being performed live?

The Ghost at Number One
04-17-2013, 10:33 PM
The fact that drum solos (or any solos really) exist in 2013 from well-established metal bands is a disgrace. A complete time waster that is 9 times out of 10 boring, unoriginal and enraging when you figure out another song could have been slipped in there.I second (or third, at this point, I guess) that emotion.

Onioner
04-18-2013, 01:40 AM

Mikkey is a beast. I could definitely watch him play a drum solo for hours on end and still have my jaw on the floor.

Sanitarium78
04-18-2013, 06:09 AM

Sure, it's not like there's a guy by the name of Neil Peart who is a God on drums or anything;)

tenchimyo
04-18-2013, 06:21 AM
How can you not enjoy I'm the Man being performed live?

Rapsongs are rarely enjoyed by me. The whole rappyness of it makes the song atrocious. Frank did seem like he was pushing a lot of energy to it tho. I still thought it was horrible

Force10
04-18-2013, 07:23 AM
Rapsongs are rarely enjoyed by me. The whole rappyness of it makes the song atrocious. Frank did seem like he was pushing a lot of energy to it tho. I still thought it was horrible

In Charlotte the song just seemed forced and rushed. It really didn't fit well in the set. Joey changed the lyrics a bit and they weren't funny.

JimmyPage
04-18-2013, 08:05 AM
I agree most drum solos are pretty lame, a couple exceptions would be Alex Van Halen's drum solo (it looks so damn exhausting)! and the battle of the drum solos thing Godsmack does is pretty entertaining.

MetalIsArt
04-18-2013, 11:34 AM
Sure, it's not like there's a guy by the name of Neil Peart who is a God on drums or anything;)

Peart, Dee, Terrana. 2 hours of drum solo and I'd still be not bored.

Steev
04-18-2013, 01:29 PM

That is pretty much the best one ever

NickLed19
04-18-2013, 01:39 PM
I am not into drum solo's, but Godsmacks drum duel is always fun. imo

TheNobleFaceHumper
04-18-2013, 11:01 PM
What Godsmack does isn't really a drum solo, it's an instrumental song.

arvilla32
04-19-2013, 03:48 AM
I'm the man is just awful hated it when they first did it and still do.:finger2: rap sux!!

tenchimyo
04-19-2013, 08:02 AM
I am not into drum solo's, but Godsmacks drum duel is always fun. imo

Now speaking of drum duels... what about the Appices- http://www.drumwars.com/ ???? now THAT I would be interested in

tenchimyo
04-19-2013, 08:06 AM
I'm the man is just awful hated it when they first did it and still do.:finger2: rap sux!!

I find the majority of rapsongs... hard to relate to/like. I cannot discount all of them tho.

But I will totally agree that that has to be one of Anthrax's worst songs. Ever.

jhdeity
04-19-2013, 07:51 PM
I'd rather hear I'm the Man and especially Time over Antisocial any day. They stupid song just repeats the same word 35 f'n times. It's tired, it's overplayed and I would ahve left during it to beat traffic.

While I'm bitching (hahaha) Exodus not playing Dethamphtamine every single show blows my mind. I f'n love that song!

Sucks I had to bail on this show but looking forward to 2 great shows in the next 3 days.

tenchimyo
04-22-2013, 07:19 AM
While I'm bitching (hahaha) Exodus not playing Dethamphtamine every single show blows my mind. I f'n love that song!

totally agree, brother! That would have killed