Rotting Out
Strife
The Beautiful Ones
The Ghost Inside
Tough Luck
Tragedy
Wisdom in Chains
Xibalba

If there was one fest I could go to in the world it'd be this. All the best bands in hardcore in a fucking gym like venue almost that has no rules.

mankvill
04-10-2013, 02:32 PM
If there was one fest I could go to in the world it'd be this.

:hecho:

XDoomsayerX
04-10-2013, 03:29 PM

He loves hardcore, leave the kid alone.

Also just got into Hundredth, cool tunes. :cool:

dcmetal108
04-10-2013, 03:50 PM

Problem son!

I mean all the fests overseas would be cool but those are just too fucking big with too many bands overlapping.

I don't think Sound And Fury has more than one band play at a time.

treghet
04-10-2013, 04:15 PM
He loves hardcore, leave the kid alone.

There are better hardcore fests.

Ommie
04-10-2013, 04:20 PM
Good line-up but I'm gonna have to agree.

dcmetal108
04-10-2013, 04:39 PM
Good line-up but I'm gonna have to agree.

The only other hardcore fest that I THINK has any competition with this is one thats in Belguim or something.

The Rumble and This Is Hardcore in the US don't hold a candle to this even with their great lineups.

hellawaits77ny
04-10-2013, 05:10 PM
Solid lineup fer sherr.

elturtleboy
04-10-2013, 07:53 PM

I think we just think that cause LA gets those bands ALL THE FUCKING TIME. If kids from LA travel to this,it'd be so pointless. Left For Dead is the only big deal here.

Also Deafheaven payed S&F 2/3 years ago. The crowed reaction rules.

christopher
04-10-2013, 08:22 PM
I think we just think that cause LA gets those bands ALL THE FUCKING TIME. If kids from LA travel to this,it'd be so pointless. Left For Dead is the only big deal here.

Also Deafheaven payed S&F 2/3 years ago. The crowed reaction rules.

but Tragedy is on there! I hope they come back around then. Also, I want another Reign Supreme show!!

That Destroy LA fest is going to kick Sound and Fury's ass though :D

elturtleboy
04-10-2013, 08:44 PM
but Tragedy is on there! I hope they come back around then. Also, I want another Reign Supreme show!!

That Destroy LA fest is going to kick Sound and Fury's ass though :D

Yeah but even Tragedy played here kind of recent. And Early Graves is the band i like the most,and they play all the time. If a band that plays all the time is the best on the fest,it aint worth it.

and most defiantly. Plus Black Flag the day after is 3 days of (way better) hxc. :boxer:

swboyd
04-10-2013, 08:52 PM
Call me jaded, but it's weird seeing bands like The Ghost Inside and Hundreth on this. This Is Hardcore is looking better to me so far this year.

dcmetal108
04-10-2013, 09:06 PM
Call me jaded, but it's weird seeing bands like The Ghost Inside and Hundreth on this. This Is Hardcore is looking better to me so far this year.

The Ghost Inside use to tour with nothing but hardcore bands though and they are at the core a hardcore band and claim to be one. It's just that TGI got real big and started touring with more metalcore bands and fests.

Same thing with Terror now being on All Star Tour with bands like Chelsea Grin.

treghet
04-10-2013, 09:28 PM
The Ghost Inside use to tour with nothing but hardcore bands though and they are at the core a hardcore band and claim to be one. It's just that TGI got real big and started touring with more metalcore bands and fests.

The Ghost Inside has toured with metalcore and deathcore bands since the beginning.

mankvill
04-10-2013, 09:32 PM
at the core

hehe

XDoomsayerX
04-10-2013, 10:20 PM

Not really. I mean unless this is intended for only 'underground' hardcore bands. Touche, Joyce Manor, Terror, La Dispute, Comeback Kid,etc. have played this.

elturtleboy
04-10-2013, 10:55 PM
Not really. I mean unless this is intended for only 'underground' hardcore bands. Touche, Joyce Manor, Terror, La Dispute, Comeback Kid,etc. have played this.

This was BEFORE Toche and Joyce blew up. And yeah hxc bands are cool with crappy deathcore/metalcore bands now.

dcmetal108
04-11-2013, 06:51 AM
hehe

I see what I did there :lol:

swboyd
04-11-2013, 08:17 AM

Maybe before they were The Ghost Inside? I don't know their history too extensively. I just remember seeing them touring with Bring Me The Horizon back in 2008.

dcmetal108
04-11-2013, 08:31 AM
Maybe before they were The Ghost Inside? I don't know their history too extensively. I just remember seeing them touring with Bring Me The Horizon back in 2008.

No I know they toured with Terror, TUI, Cruel Hand, STYG, and some other hardcore bands.

XDoomsayerX
04-11-2013, 01:10 PM
This was BEFORE Toche and Joyce blew up. And yeah hxc bands are cool with crappy deathcore/metalcore bands now.

Tru dat but Terror and CBK played last year. Just seeing popular, mainstream hardcore bands do this gig too. So TGI and Hundreth arent that surprising.

energymetal14
04-11-2013, 01:17 PM
Lots of cool bands, but plenty of bands I could care less about. I'd travel a couple hours for this.

swboyd
04-11-2013, 01:41 PM
No I know they toured with Terror, TUI, Cruel Hand, STYG, and some other hardcore bands.

Word. It's looked like they've toured with all different types of bands which is pretty sweet.

http://lambgoat.com/music/The-Ghost-Inside

(Being bored in office hours will cause you to do things like this. I hate being a grad student sometimes).

dcmetal108
04-11-2013, 01:54 PM
Word. It's looked like they've toured with all different types of bands which is pretty sweet.

http://lambgoat.com/music/The-Ghost-Inside

(Being bored in office hours will cause you to do things like this. I hate being a grad student sometimes).

Yeah they fall into that section where of bands like them, STYG, and Terror that can tour with bands that aren't just hardcore.

Ommie
04-29-2013, 10:48 AM
http://www.theprp.com/2013/04/29/news/2013-sound-and-fury-festival-cancelled/

elturtleboy
04-29-2013, 03:46 PM
http://www.theprp.com/2013/04/29/news/2013-sound-and-fury-festival-cancelled/

:lol: @ hxc kidz

dcmetal108
04-29-2013, 06:53 PM
:lol: @ hxc kidz

This sucks but I completely understand why they had to cancel. 2 people doing a big fest like that could take everything they have if it flopped at all.

elturtleboy
04-29-2013, 07:25 PM
This sucks but I completely understand why they had to cancel. 2 people doing a big fest like that could take everything they have if it flopped at all.

They were getting bands(that suck) that are way to big for them. Thats why all the past fests were ok. I blame ghost inside.

dcmetal108
04-29-2013, 07:29 PM
They were getting bands(that suck) that are way to big for them. Thats why all the past fests were ok. I blame ghost inside.

Why blame TGI? They were getting hardcore bands and TGI are still a hardcore band.

Putting on a huge hardcore fest like that is still hard. I mean hell The Rumble just happened in Chicago last weekend and the first day even if it was sold out was moved to a smaller venue than the previous years and JD said the second day wasn't even half full.

Trying to do a hardcore fest with bands no matter how big or small is a huge gamble.

elturtleboy
04-29-2013, 08:22 PM
Why blame TGI? They were getting hardcore bands and TGI are still a hardcore band.

Putting on a huge hardcore fest like that is still hard. I mean hell The Rumble just happened in Chicago last weekend and the first day even if it was sold out was moved to a smaller venue than the previous years and JD said the second day wasn't even half full.

Trying to do a hardcore fest with bands no matter how big or small is a huge gamble.

They've been doing it for years though. TGI is huge and im sure they dont charge as much as Early Graves or the others.

dcmetal108
04-29-2013, 08:33 PM
They've been doing it for years though. TGI is huge and im sure they dont charge as much as Early Graves or the others.

I honestly don't see TGI being huge to pay for anyway. I mean they need bigger bands on the bill to help sell it out because trying to back a fest with a lot of little bands even in a genre like hardcore isn't going to help bank even.

I mean lets use a example :

The second day of the rumble had the headliner as Crown Of Thornz. From what I heard the venue was over half empty. Venue capacity at half empty would be around 300 people or so. There was like 12 bands on the bill. So your not making too much money from that. A bigger headliner will draw more money and your not technically "selling out" if your booking a band that has toured with a shit ton of hardcore bands.

Ommie
04-29-2013, 08:34 PM
TGI is huge and im sure they dont charge as much as Early Graves or the others.
Seriously? They've had bigger bands play that I'm sure cost more (Sick of it All, Comeback Kid, etc).

They mentioned that they would give an explanation soon, but I'm sure there's other factors to consider than how much one band is being payed.

XDoomsayerX
04-29-2013, 09:02 PM
Seriously? They've had bigger bands play that I'm sure cost more (Sick of it All, Comeback Kid, etc).

They mentioned that they would give an explanation soon, but I'm sure there's other factors to consider than how much one band is being payed.

Veteran bands(SOIA and CBK) =/= huge. TGI is a popular band right now and def more than the 2 you mentioned, they sold out all their headliner shows in their recent run down here in Cali and I'm sure plenty of other venues. If anything TGI would cost more but definitely would draw. These 2 dudes prob just dont have the resources this year.

dcmetal108
04-30-2013, 06:31 AM
Veteran bands(SOIA and CBK) =/= huge. TGI is a popular band right now and def more than the 2 you mentioned, they sold out all their headliner shows in their recent run down here in Cali and I'm sure plenty of other venues. If anything TGI would cost more but definitely would draw. These 2 dudes prob just dont have the resources this year.

I'm pretty positive its coming down to not having enough money to do the fest. They pretty much said they didn't have it all to be able to risk it for the fest.

ravenheart
04-30-2013, 06:38 AM
:lol: that statement.

"In order to quell speculation, you will hear the absolute truth from us. Vague statement. Something money-related."