PDA

View Full Version : Kid Rock "$20 Best Night Ever" US tour -- w/ZZ Top, Kool & The Gang and Uncle Kracker

PVH5150
04-08-2013, 04:16 PM
Say whatever you want about Kid Rock, but this is pretty damn cool.

Kid Rock is breaking all the rules with the announcement of his U.S. Summer tour by offering tickets in all sections (reserved seats and lawn) at an affordable $20 price point, using paperless tickets where possible, and lowering prices on everything from parking to beer to merchandise for every show in every city. Kid Rock and his Twisted Brown Trucker Band will perform under the stars in amphitheaters this summer, beginning June 28 at Jiffy Lube Live in Bristow, Virginia through September 15 at the Live Nation Amphitheater in Tampa, Florida. The tour, promoted by Live Nation, includes three special shows at the DTE Energy Music Theater in Clarkston, Michigan. Kool & The Gang, ZZ Top, and Uncle Kracker are confirmed as support on select dates. Tickets go on sale to the public in select markets beginning April 12 on LiveNation.com.

In addition to the low ticket price, Kid Rock is going beyond the extra mile for his fans. In a first for a Kid Rock tour, participating Walmart locations will offer all-in $20 tickets: no fees, no parking charges, nada. Kid Rock is reserving the first two rows for every show as free upgrades for lucky fans who will be selected at random. Special $4 draft beers, value food packages, cheaper parking (where possible), free samples of Jimmy John's sandwiches at select venues, free coffee at the end of the show, and $20 tour t-shirts will be available as well. As an additional method to combat scalping, Kid Rock will be releasing 1000 tickets from each show directly as Platinum Tickets via LiveNation.com. As some of the best seats in the house, Platinum Tickets are market priced tickets.

Says Kid Rock, "Everyone knows the economy is still hurting people across the country, but I didn't want that to be a reason why everyone couldn't get out and enjoy themselves on a summer night. So we're going to throw the biggest and best party ever, with prices across the board that are reasonable and transparent. No hidden fees, no gimmicks. We're not sparing any expense on this tour, we're going over the top as always, but that doesn't mean we're going to ask the fans to pay more. If this works we're going to play to packed houses of fans who appreciate what we're doing. If it doesn't, might be a long summer. But someone has to go out there and fight these high prices and change things up, and I'm lucky enough that I can afford to take a pay cut. $20. Best night ever."

Jun. 28 - Bristow, VA (Jiffy Lube Live) (w/K&TG and UK)
Jun. 29 - Holmdel, NJ (PNC Bank Arts Center) (w/K&TG & UK)
Jul. 02 - Cuyahoga Falls, OH (Blossom Music Center) (w/K&TG & UK)
Jul. 05 - Corfu, NY (Darien Lake PAC) (w/K&TG & UK)
Jul. 06 - Scranton, PA (Toyota Pavilion) (w/K&TG & UK)
Jul. 09 - Camden, NJ (Susquehanna Bank Center) (w/K&TG & UK)
Jul. 10 - Mansfield, MA (Comcast Center) (w/K&TG & UK)
Jul. 12 - Hartford, CT (Comcast Theater) (w/UK & TBD)
Jul. 19 - Houston, TX (Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion) (w/UK & TBD)
Jul. 20 - Dallas, TX (Gexa Energy Pavilion) (w/UK & TBD)
Jul. 23 - Albuquerque, NM (Isleta Amphitheater) (w/K&TG & UK)
Jul. 24 - Phoenix, AZ (Desert Sky Pavilion) (w/K&TG & UK)
Jul. 26 - Irvine, CA (Verizon Wireless Amphitheater) (w/K&TG & UK)
Jul. 28 - Mountain View, CA (Shoreline Amphitheater) (w/ZZ & UK)
Jul. 31 - Sacramento, CA (Sleep Train Amphitheater) (w/ZZ & UK)
Aug. 03 - Greenwood Village, CO (Comfort Dental Amphitheater) (w/ZZ & UK)
Aug. 09, 10 & 11 - Clarkston, MI (DTE Energy Music Theater) (w/ZZ)
Aug. 24 - Maryland Heights, MO (Verizon Wireless Amphitheater) (w/ZZ & UK)
Aug. 25 - Noblesville, IN (Klipsch Music Center) (w/ZZ & UK)
Aug. 28 - Cincinnati, OH (Riverbend Music Center) (w/ZZ & UK)
Aug. 30 - Tinley Park, IL (First Midwest Bank Amphitheater) (w/ZZ & UK)
Sep. 4 - Saratoga Springs, NY (Saratoga PAC) (w/ZZ & UK)
Sep. 6 - Bethel, NY (Bethel PAC) (w/ZZ & UK)
Sep. 7 - Burgettstown, PA (First Niagara Pavilion) (w/ZZ & UK)
Sep. 10 - Charlotte, NC (Verizon Wireless Amphitheater) (w/ZZ & UK)
Sep. 14 - Atlanta, GA (Aaron's Amphitheater) (w/ZZ & UK)
Sep. 15 - Tampa, FL (Live Nation Amphitheater) (w/ZZ & UK)

anomynous
04-08-2013, 04:18 PM
I liked what he's doing with the pricing

that's it though.

powerslave_85
04-08-2013, 04:26 PM
Fugazi already did it.

The_jman
04-08-2013, 04:30 PM
love the pricing, but with no zz in Cleveland, and the fact I maybe like 4 kidrock songs, and that might be pushing it. not for me.

TonyD
04-08-2013, 04:46 PM
>implying Kid Rock can sell that many tickets for more than $20

MPF
04-08-2013, 04:51 PM
ZZ Top opening for Kid Rock? This is not a world I want to live in. They can be on the same bill but god damn, give credit where credit is due.

The_jman
04-08-2013, 04:52 PM
ZZ Top opening for Kid Rock? This is not a world I want to live in. They can be on the same bill but god damn, give credit where credit is due.
this

marker
04-08-2013, 05:31 PM

The good thing is everbody can leave after the texas trio.

NickLed19
04-08-2013, 05:40 PM
I like ZZ Top, but after seeing them a few times now. This is not even worth $20.

Steev
04-08-2013, 06:02 PM
I would totally go for Kool and the Gang

Onioner
04-08-2013, 06:05 PM

Yep.

kommie
04-08-2013, 06:07 PM

Few years ago Lynyrd Skynyrd(granted, there's what, one original member left?) opened for this white trash.

dcmetal108
04-08-2013, 08:16 PM
>implying Kid Rock can sell that many tickets for more than $20

My mom and sister went to his tour last summer and said it was near sold out.

I'd pay the $20 to go see ZZ Top and watch all the strippers Kid Rock has on stage.

christopher
04-08-2013, 08:43 PM
:barf:

Also, that part about Wal Mart...:lol:

Nick_to_the_face
04-08-2013, 09:15 PM
MIGHT be worth it to see ZZ Top, I've already seen Kool and The Gang :D

treghet
04-08-2013, 09:21 PM
:barf:

Also, that part about Wal Mart...:lol:

Iron Maiden tickets will be available at Wal-Mart too. :hecho:

christopher
04-08-2013, 09:24 PM

Soon enough, I'm sure they'll be available on Redbox as well.:eyes:

PVH5150
04-08-2013, 09:26 PM

Then you'll have to return them after the event.

dcmetal108
04-08-2013, 09:39 PM

Anything thats on ticketmaster is available at Walmart.

Redbox has already started selling tickets online but they are all for small sport type events in only one state I think.

elturtleboy
04-08-2013, 09:47 PM
I'd go just to stage dive to Jungle Boogey.

ravenheart
04-09-2013, 01:24 AM
Man, I'd pay at least twice that for Kid and ZZ... especially since when they come here, ZZ charge more than three times that on their own.

NickLed19
04-09-2013, 02:02 AM

They were awesome with Van Halen.

christopher
04-09-2013, 06:27 AM
Redbox has already started selling tickets online but they are all for small sport type events in only one state I think.

The Glass House in Pomona posted a while back that some of their shows are available on Redbox. I didn't know you could buy tickets from Redbox before then.

dcmetal108
04-09-2013, 06:49 AM
The Glass House in Pomona posted a while back that some of their shows are available on Redbox. I didn't know you could buy tickets from Redbox before then.

You can only get them online, not actually at a Redbox haha.

IrritatedTrout
04-09-2013, 08:15 AM
It is a respectable concept.

christopher
04-09-2013, 02:32 PM
You can only get them online, not actually at a Redbox haha.

The Glass House actually made a bunch of posts a month or so ago promoting that people should hit up Redbox's to get their Hellogoodbye tickets. :lol:

Wrecking Crew
04-09-2013, 03:47 PM
Now we just need Rush to get on board with this concept :D