PDA

View Full Version : The Ghost Inside -- Pontiac, MI -- March 30th, 2013

kevindeets
03-31-2013, 07:58 PM
Rotting Out opened the show. They were a cool hardcore band w/ tons of energy.

Next up was Stray From The Path. This was my 2nd time seeing them, and they were killer once again. Wow, they're good live. I hope to see them many more times.

Stray From The Path setlist
Damien
Negative & Violent
Bring It Back to the Streets (w/ Jesse from Stick To Your Guns)
Landmines
Rising Sun
Death Beds
Mad Girl

Stick To Your Guns were next. They're always good live, but this show was not as good as the previous times I've seen 'em because their singer did too much talking b/w songs. I'm fine w/ that, but they'd literally play 2 songs & then talk for 5 min. It killed the energy. They're a really good live band, though.

Stick To Your Guns setlist
Diamond
Against Them All
Such Pain
What Goes Around
We're What Separates The Heart From The Heartless
This Is More
Life In a Box
Empty Heads
We Still Believe
D(I Am)Ond
Built Upon The Sand
Amber

The Ghost Inside headlined. It was great to see them again. It'd been a few years for me. They said on this tour they brought along the opening bands that the fans requested the most, and for booking the dates they just picked the cities & chose venues w/ no barricades. That's awesome! The show had been sold out for weeks. The Ghost Inside put on a GREAT set. I've seen them 6 or 7x now, and this was the best show yet. They did a mix of songs from all their albums. For me the highlights were easily "This Is What I Know About Sacrifice" & their closer "Engine 45." This tour was phenomenal... probably the best show I've been to so far in 2013. Go see any of these 4 bands if you can.

The Ghost Inside setlist
Unspoken
Between the Lines
The Great Unknown
Faith or Forgiveness
Slipping Away
Chrono
Greater Distance
Shiner
This Is What I Know About Sacrifice
Deceiver
Thirty Three
Blue & Gold
Engine 45

dcmetal108
03-31-2013, 09:24 PM
It sucks I'm missing the IL show tomorrow but on the plus side the venue they chose after they booked it have stated that they refuse to move the barrier so I'm not too sad I guess.

Ommie
03-31-2013, 11:25 PM
Seems like a really sweet show. Wanted to go to this but ended up selling out before I got the chance to get a ticket. Oh well.

I couldn't imagine a show like this at the Pike Room though. Was there a large amount of stage divers? I'm pretty sure there would be no room at all for them.