PDA

View Full Version : Evil Dead 7

BloodoftheKings
03-30-2013, 06:46 PM
http://bdisgusting.com/13HrIGr

tl;dr The new Evil Dead movie isn't actually a remake, it's a different set of people that found the cabin. In the coming years we will see sequels to the new Evil Dead movie, as well as a proper follow up to Army of Darkness. The series will come to a grand finale in Evil Dead 7 where both storylines cross over.

I want to think this is an early April Fool's joke. I'm definitely excited for the Army of Darkness sequel but the rest sounds ridiculous.

mankvill
03-30-2013, 06:55 PM
of course it's an April Fools joke considering Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell, both who are heavily involved in the remake, have said it's a remake. Sam Raimi was thought to be making Evil Dead 3 next, but it turns out it will be Army of Darkness 2 with Bruce Campbell as Ash.

Epidemic Reign
03-31-2013, 04:13 AM
of course it's an April Fools joke considering Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell, both who are heavily involved in the remake, have said it's a remake. Sam Raimi was thought to be making Evil Dead 3 next, but it turns out it will be Army of Darkness 2 with Bruce Campbell as Ash.

Army of Darkness 1 is Evil Dead 3 ya douche nozzle

le sigh...

Epidemic Reign
03-31-2013, 04:16 AM
In any event...

a) April Fool's joke? Maybe. But it's not fucking April yet. Keep that in mind.

b) Thinking outside the box? Yes. Mr. Raimi tends to do that.

c) Legit or not, I'm behind this simply due to the fact that it's an unheard of plot device. Come at me, bro.

Epidemic Reign
03-31-2013, 04:22 AM
Another thing I'd like to point out is that Evil Dead hits North American theaters this coming week. Which doesn't take away from the possibility that this is an April Fool's joke, but it DOES make it all the more likely that this is the perfect time to reveal such information if, in fact, it WERE legit.

So in other words, who knows. :bouville:

mankvill
03-31-2013, 12:21 PM
Army of Darkness 1 is Evil Dead 3 ya douche nozzle

le sigh...

only entry-level Evil Dead fans call Army of Darkness Evil Dead 3

Onioner
03-31-2013, 01:24 PM
Gonna go to an EvilDead marathon on Thursday, which will culminate in a midnight screening of the new remake. Bruce Campbell is rumored to make an appearance at the theater, I'm so stoked!

ravenheart
03-31-2013, 04:45 PM
The new Evil Dead looks so fucking awful, why does anyone care?

dcmetal108
03-31-2013, 05:08 PM

And my respect for you is lost.

mankvill
03-31-2013, 05:19 PM

It looks awesome D:< DAMNIT Andy

BloodoftheKings
03-31-2013, 05:28 PM
only entry-level Evil Dead fans call Army of Darkness Evil Dead 3

u wot m8?

It's actually getting good reviews.

powerslave_85
03-31-2013, 05:48 PM
Fans of nerdy franchises are violently opposed to cash grabbing remakes. But apparently they LOVE the new Evil Dead. I'd say that's a pretty good sign.

Plus, Andy has spectacularly bad taste and is wrong about literally everything.

Dextrimental
03-31-2013, 06:38 PM
I've yet to see anything Evil Dead related and not enjoy it, so I'm excited to check it out.

BloodoftheKings
03-31-2013, 07:33 PM
While I dislike the idea of 2 different Evil Dead series running at the same time, I think i'll enjoy the new movie more if it really isn't a remake.

ravenheart
04-01-2013, 05:09 AM
Put it this way, if that movie didn't have the Evil Dead title, you would all be dismissing it as another stupid-teens-in-a-cabin horror movie. Which is exactly what it is.

Dextrimental
04-01-2013, 07:17 AM
Put it this way, if that movie didn't have the Evil Dead title, you would all be dismissing it as another stupid-teens-in-a-cabin horror movie. Which is exactly what it is.

Honestly, I don't think I'll be dismissing a film like that for quite some time. Cabin In The Woods being as awesome as it was has made sure I give teens-in-a-cabin movies a chance!

ShatteredFlame
04-01-2013, 07:39 AM

No. After seeing the red band trailer, I would have easily checked this out regardless of if its Evil Dead or not.

Onioner
04-05-2013, 03:50 AM
Evil Dead fucking ruled. It had enough nods to the trilogy to deserve the name too.

Sinister_Chalupa666
04-05-2013, 06:10 PM
Evil Dead was fucking awesome. Holy shit was it intense and gruesome with no CGI and all prop effects. I am surprised what the movie got away with for an R rating and can't wait for the NC-17 version on blu-ray.

It had the nods to the original movie but also did things to make it stand out as it's own which made it great. I loved it and recommend it to anyone.

Also stay after the credits. Every hardcore Evil Dead fan will love it lol.

dcmetal108
04-05-2013, 06:22 PM
I'm going to see this tomorrow afternoon and I'm cumming in excitement.

dcmetal108
04-06-2013, 03:14 PM
Evil Dead was fucking awesome. Holy shit was it intense and gruesome with no CGI and all prop effects. I am surprised what the movie got away with for an R rating and can't wait for the NC-17 version on blu-ray.

It had the nods to the original movie but also did things to make it stand out as it's own which made it great. I loved it and recommend it to anyone.

Also stay after the credits. Every hardcore Evil Dead fan will love it lol.

The lady that works the theater I went to who also runs a horror site said that the MPAA put Evil Dead as the bloodiest / goriest movie to ever have a R rating.

Dextrimental
04-06-2013, 03:51 PM
April 18th for me. Reviewing the Evil Dead Trilogy for the site I write for over the next two weeks.

BloodoftheKings
04-06-2013, 08:48 PM
Just got back from seeing Evil Dead and it was fucking great. I'd give it an 8.5/10.

Once the movie really got going I had a smile on my face for the rest of its duration. It was brutal, funny, exciting, and pretty much everything I wanted it to be. The crowd reaction was very similar to when I saw Drag Me to Hell in theaters a few years ago. All the laughing and comments can be pretty annoying but it's pretty funny to see how people unfamiliar with Sam Raimi's style react to that kind of stuff. Having seen the movie I think it's very possible that the whole thing about this not being a remake is true. There was a lot of nods to the original but the story wasn't exactly the same.

dcmetal108
04-07-2013, 05:48 AM
When I saw it there was only one laugh and that was by me during one scene. Everything else was people freaking the fuck out.

mastodon421
04-07-2013, 10:06 AM
When I saw it there was only one laugh and that was by me during one scene. Everything else was people freaking the fuck out.

Alright I thought this movie was pure unadulterated garbage and you guys loved it, which is completely cool, but one thing I am confused about is how anyone could find this movie even remotely scary. I mean seriously they telegraph every time something is going to pop out and the rest of it is just blood and various body parts showering the screen.

dcmetal108
04-07-2013, 02:46 PM
Alright I thought this movie was pure unadulterated garbage and you guys loved it, which is completely cool, but one thing I am confused about is how anyone could find this movie even remotely scary. I mean seriously they telegraph every time something is going to pop out and the rest of it is just blood and various body parts showering the screen.

The gore was making everyone freak out. Some people aren't like you and I, the scenes of the extreme gore freak them out.

BloodoftheKings
04-07-2013, 07:50 PM

I didn't think it was scary at all but I don't go into an Evil Dead movie expecting to be scared. Some of the really gory parts got people squirming in their seats but that's more being grossed out than scared.

The only part that really had me cringing was the nail gun scene.

Epidemic Reign
04-08-2013, 03:53 PM
I thought it was fucking awesome. When they did all the pre-screenings the feedback was great, but now there's a ton of negative feedback for it too. Mostly from people who just wanted to hate it right off the bat, I'm sure.

BloodoftheKings
04-08-2013, 04:00 PM
I thought it was fucking awesome. When they did all the pre-screenings the feedback was great, but now there's a ton of negative feedback for it too. Mostly from people who just wanted to hate it right off the bat, I'm sure.

I've yet to read a very negative opinion on the movie form an Evil Dead fan. It seems like almost everyone who hated the movie didn't even see the originals.

mankvill
04-09-2013, 12:56 PM
Saw it. Loved it.

Sinister_Chalupa666
04-09-2013, 03:05 PM
A lot of the negative feedback is from asshurt bitches that wont see it because Bruce isn't in it. They haven't seen the movie and completely dismiss is it. It's pretty fucking retarded.

Dextrimental
04-09-2013, 04:18 PM
A lot of the negative feedback is from asshurt bitches that wont see it because Bruce isn't in it. They haven't seen the movie and completely dismiss is it. It's pretty fucking retarded.

Fanboys. These franchises can't exist without a loyal core fanbase, can't expand with them.

I was chatting to a guy recently who dismissed it completely, claimed he was a huge Evil Dead fan. Didn't even know the original 3 who made the first one were producing this one.

mankvill
04-09-2013, 04:35 PM
Some people seem to forget that the fucking movie was produced by Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell.

Sinister_Chalupa666
04-09-2013, 07:54 PM
Just got home from seeing it again *forms V with fingers for victory*

dcmetal108
04-09-2013, 09:37 PM
Just got home from seeing it again *forms V with fingers for victory*

I'm going to see it again Sat night!

Dextrimental
04-10-2013, 08:11 AM
Some people seem to forget that the fucking movie was produced by Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell.

AND Tedd Alvarez. Literally, the three guys who made the first one possible are making this one.

Epidemic Reign
04-10-2013, 08:52 AM
AND Tedd Alvarez. Literally, the three guys who made the first one possible are making this one.

You mean Robert Tapert ;) Ted is Raimi's brother who worked on the original trilogy, and Fede Alvarez is the director of the new one but wasn't involved with the old ones.

Sinister_Chalupa666
04-10-2013, 11:15 AM
They are already writing for Evil Dead 2 :party:

Also Sam and his bro should be writing for Army of Darkness 2 already.

Dextrimental
04-10-2013, 02:11 PM
You mean Robert Tapert ;) Ted is Raimi's brother who worked on the original trilogy, and Fede Alvarez is the director of the new one but wasn't involved with the old ones.

No idea where I was getting Tedd Alvarez from! But yes, Robert Tapert is producing this new one as well. Fede, as far as I know, has nothing under his belt previous to this.

dcmetal108
04-13-2013, 08:14 PM
Second viewing is even more awesome than the first.