PDA

View Full Version : Heavy MTL 2013 Finally Announced!

crazymetalhead
03-26-2013, 08:25 AM
http://heavymtl.com/en/

Zombie, Megadeth, Danzig (with Doyle), COB, Mastodon, At the Gates, Amon Amarth, MH, GWAR, Havok and Summer Slaughter on the Fri...This along with the Montebello Rockfest in June...I LOVE MONTREAL!!!

Me = :rocker:

anomynous
03-26-2013, 08:36 AM
Havok said they're doing a big summer tour, so I wonder who it's with if it's anybody on the first day?

*At the Gates please*

AnthG
03-26-2013, 09:45 AM
At first I was a tad dissapointed that they weren't doing Heavy TO this year, but some of the heavy hitters on this tour are doing the Mayhem festival which is hitting Toronto anyways. I guess it evens out.

mankvill
03-26-2013, 09:48 AM
please At The Gates tour

justinm4bama
03-26-2013, 10:05 AM
Havok said they're doing a big summer tour, so I wonder who it's with if it's anybody on the first day?

*At the Gates please*

At the Gates and Havok... that would be a pretty cool tour.

Derelict
03-26-2013, 10:52 AM
please At The Gates tour

THIS. And don't play Philly or NYC until after 8/11 since I will be in Europe.

VoidFlame
03-26-2013, 11:26 AM
Really disappointed. Only bands I'm interested really by are At the Gates, Amon Amarth, Danzig, Mastodon, Baroness and Gwar.

Steev
03-26-2013, 11:47 AM
THIS. And don't play Philly or NYC until after 8/11 since I will be in Europe.

That was almost fighting words until I read "after"

ATG hasn't played Philly in probably 17 years

Steev
03-26-2013, 12:04 PM
Also just saying(though very unlikely) how funny would it be if Avenged Sevenfold did a tour with Megadeth and Danzig

energymetal14
03-26-2013, 12:06 PM
I hope for an At the Gates tour too!

This lineup is pretty decent, between me and my friends there is interest in a lot of these bands, but I'm not sure if it is worth going to. If I were to choose between this and Amnesia Rockfest, I would probably choose Amnesia. But if I go to either, it might be this since my friends like more bands on this lineup and the timing is more convenient. Plus At the Gates is at the top of the list of bands I have to see, so if they don't tour I may NEED to make it to this.

I also wonder if Lord Worm is playing with Cryptopsy here??

crazymetalhead
03-26-2013, 12:48 PM
While I agree that bands like A7X (espicially) and Godsmack are not great headliners and I am not a fan of either...I think that there is definitely enough in the middle that is worth the money to go...it comes out to like barely $10 a band.

I'll just leave before they hit the stage and beat the rush outta there, head on down to Foufs and keep the party going there :rocker:

W0unds
03-26-2013, 01:04 PM
Some good bands on here, not really interested in a lot of the top acts though. A bit disappointed Toronto is not getting it's own show this year but it makes sense with Mayhem hitting here.

I will need to see if any of these other bands will be hitting TO on other dates before deciding on going or not.

For anyone interested Finntroll are also playing at the Opera House in Toronto on August 12, advertised as one of only two North American performances (the other being MTL).

Hoping for a Wintersun summer tour out of this.

Spiner202
03-26-2013, 03:24 PM
Hoping for a Wintersun summer tour out of this.

This is what it's really all about. Exams screwed me out of seeing them last time, and conveniently, I have exams right around that time again. Heavy MTL seems unlikely for me, but I'd be ok with seeing only Wintersun if they come by.

HugeRockStar
03-26-2013, 06:24 PM
To people not happy about Avenged Sevenfold headlining, don't forget there is a third stage at the back that plays at the same time and I have a feeling ATG will be headlining that one, so it works out I'd say.

PowerMaiden
03-27-2013, 08:36 AM
exept from a few bands it's again pretty meh this year, hope the 4-5 bands I wanna see are all on the same day (Bodom, Amon Amarth, Machine Head & Megadeth also Gwar cause I've never seen them and aparantly the visual aspect of their performance is special)

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

hellawaits77ny
03-27-2013, 10:40 AM
I prefer the Montebello Rockfest lineup.

VoidFlame
03-27-2013, 11:28 AM
I prefer the Montebello Rockfest lineup.

I'm going to this, it's gonna be a hell of a time. Do you consider going too?

hellawaits77ny
03-29-2013, 08:01 AM
I'm going to this, it's gonna be a hell of a time. Do you consider going too?

I'm certainly going to try. All depends if my friend can go. Too expensive to road trip by myself.

PowerMaiden
05-01-2013, 10:06 AM
They finally revealed the line-up per day
http://heavymtl.com/groupes/#!programmation=grid$

Saturday August 10:

AVENGED SEVENFOLD
MEGADETH
DANZIG WITH DOYLE
A DAY TO REMEMBER
BLACK LABEL SOCIETY
AT THE GATES
WINTERSUN
STEEL PANTHER
SICK OF IT ALL
GWAR
BARONESS
NEWSTED
MOTIONLESS IN WHITE
HELLYEAH
OBEY THE BRAVE
HALESTORM
ALL SHALL PERISH
OCEANO
WITHIN THE RUINS
BLACKGUARD

Sunday August 11:

ROB ZOMBIE
GODSMACK
CHILDREN OF BODOM
MASTODON
PHILIP H. ANSELMO & THE ILLEGALS
AUGUST BURNS RED
AMON AMARTH
MACHINE HEAD
OF MICE & MEN
FINNTROLL
THE ACACIA STRAIN
CRYPTOPSY
AUGURY
STRUCTURES
UNEXPECT
PALLBEARER
HAVOK
HUNTRESS
SLAVES ON DOPE
INDIAN HANDCRAFTS

too bad Megadeth isn't playing with COB & AA, well I'll be there on the sunday

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

mankvill
05-01-2013, 10:09 AM
A DAY TO REMEMBER
BLACK LABEL SOCIETY
AT THE GATES

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

xa123
05-01-2013, 10:11 AM
So...meh...

Might go on sunday if I win the lottery or something.

PowerMaiden
08-08-2013, 06:47 PM
this sunday !

I'm gonna watch Finntrol (they look funny and from the 2-3 songs i've heard from them , it seems not bad) , MH, Phil, AA and fucking CHILDREN OF BODOM and maybe stay for Mastodon ...

not interrested at all by Zombie or Godsmack

bring it on ! :metal:

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

TheWildAndTheYoung
08-08-2013, 07:04 PM
Man I wish I could go to this.

Avenged Sevenfold, Children Of Bodom, At The Gates, Amon Amarth, Wintersun, Steel Panther, and Halestorm would all be awesome to see, the rest I either hate or don't care for, but I'd go just for the before mentioned artists alone.

Alduin
08-08-2013, 07:09 PM
MEGADETH
DANZIG WITH DOYLE
AT THE GATES
WINTERSUN
STEEL PANTHER
GWAR
BARONESS

ROB ZOMBIE
CHILDREN OF BODOM
MASTODON
PHILIP H. ANSELMO & THE ILLEGALS
AMON AMARTH
CRYPTOPSY
AUGURY
UNEXPECT
HAVOK
HUNTRESS

really wanted to see all these bands, wish i could afford it

Datjazzfusion
08-08-2013, 07:15 PM
Man I wish I could go to this.

Avenged Sevenfold, Children Of Bodom, At The Gates, Amon Amarth, Wintersun, Steel Panther, and Halestorm would all be awesome to see, the rest I either hate or don't care for, but I'd go just for the before mentioned artists alone.

What is wrong with the band UneXpect?

TheWildAndTheYoung
08-08-2013, 07:49 PM
What is wrong with the band UneXpect?

Sorry, should have also added "bands I've never heard of", what genre are they?

Alduin
08-08-2013, 09:03 PM

a genre of their own ahaha its some weird but awesome stuff

Datjazzfusion
08-08-2013, 10:31 PM

Genres do not apply to them.
I will tell you they have a 9 string bass player.

crazymetalhead
08-09-2013, 03:58 AM
Cant wait!! Wish I was going all three days, but I could only fix up Sunday which is by far the best day there IMO. Wish I could check out Havok but they overlap with Mastodon :(

Finntroll, Amon Amarth:rocker: and Phil:party: back to back to back!!!

I'll pop over to see some of Unexpect, they really impressed me opening for BTBAM in Feb. Then...

Machine Head:rocker:, Children of Bodom:horns: and Mastodon:rocker: back to back to back!!!

Have to take a little beer break during Godsmack and then finish the eve of with Zombie!!! Gonna be a fun day all around!!! Anyone else goin that wants to meet up for a beer, hit me up!

ravenheart
08-09-2013, 03:59 AM
I'm gonna watch Finntrol (they look funny and from the 2-3 songs i've heard from them , it seems not bad) , MH, Phil, AA and fucking CHILDREN OF BODOM and maybe stay for Mastodon ...

not interrested at all by Zombie or Godsmack

You're going to watch that lot, then bail on the best performer at the whole festival? Yeah, that makes sense.

PowerMaiden
08-09-2013, 06:37 AM
You're going to watch that lot, then bail on the best performer at the whole festival? Yeah, that makes sense.

I thought I posted that I'll be going apeshit on COB :finger:

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

PowerMaiden
08-09-2013, 06:41 AM
btw it'll be my 12 th time seeing Bodom and 11 th seeing Amon Amarth, those 2 bands are the best of the whole weekend if you ask me

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

mankvill
08-09-2013, 07:02 AM
btw it'll be my 12 th time seeing Bodom and 11 th seeing Amon Amarth, those 2 bands are the best of the whole weekend if you ask me

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Watch At The Gates and I'll buy you KC BBQ

PowerMaiden
08-09-2013, 08:19 AM
Watch At The Gates and I'll buy you KC BBQ

I'm not going on saturday, too bad

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

VoidFlame
08-10-2013, 03:31 AM
I'm not going on saturday, too bad

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

:facepalm:

PowerMaiden
08-10-2013, 06:28 AM
Finnish metallers CHILDREN OF BODOM have been forced to cancel tonight's concert at Peabody's in Cleveland, Ohio after the band's frontman, Alexi Laiho, was hospitalized the previous day in Nashville with an as-yet-undisclosed ailment. The other three bands on the bill — AMON AMARTH, BATTELCROSS and HUNTRESS — will play extended sets at Peabody's to make up for CHILDREN OF BODOM's absence.

It is not presently clear if Laiho will be well enough to make the final date of CHILDREN OF BODOM's North American tour, scheduled for this Sunday, August 11 at the Heavy MTL festival in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=193561&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+blabbermouth+%28Blabbermouth. net%27s+Daily+Headlines%29

no Bodom = no Heavy MTL for me... I hope they'll be there ...

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

InFlamesOfBirchmen
08-10-2013, 05:41 PM
Finnish metallers CHILDREN OF BODOM have been forced to cancel tonight's concert at Peabody's in Cleveland, Ohio after the band's frontman, Alexi Laiho, was hospitalized the previous day in Nashville with an as-yet-undisclosed ailment. The other three bands on the bill AMON AMARTH, BATTELCROSS and HUNTRESS will play extended sets at Peabody's to make up for CHILDREN OF BODOM's absence.

It is not presently clear if Laiho will be well enough to make the final date of CHILDREN OF BODOM's North American tour, scheduled for this Sunday, August 11 at the Heavy MTL festival in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=193561&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+blabbermouth+%28Blabbermouth. net%27s+Daily+Headlines%29

no Bodom = no Heavy MTL for me... I hope they'll be there ...

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Alcohol poisoning maybe?

PowerMaiden
08-10-2013, 05:44 PM
maybe, but Heavy MTL confirmed earlier today that they will be playing tomorrow !

Cheers !
PowerMaiden