PDA

View Full Version : Anthrax -- Anaheim, CA -- March 22nd, 2013

christopher
03-23-2013, 07:22 PM
Source: setlist.fm
Venue: HOB

Municipal Waste:

Intro(from the hazardous mutation record)
Unleash the Bastards
The Thrashin' of the Christ
Sadistic Magician
You're Cut Off
Authority Complex
Beer Pressure
The Monster With 21 Faces
Thrashing's My Business... And Business Is Good
Headbanger Face Rip
Idiot Check
Mind Eraser
Pre-Game
The Art of Partying

Anthrax:

Worship
Among the Living
Caught in a Mosh
I Am the Law
Efilnikufesin (N.F.L.)
A Skeleton in the Closet
In the End
Deathrider
T.N.T. (AC/DC cover)
March Of The S.O.D. (S.O.D. cover)
I'm Alive
Indians
One World
A.D.I. / Horror of It All
Imitation of Life
--------------
I'm the Man
Antisocial (Trust cover)

High on Fire's set wasnt posted and Exodus didn't play due to Disney not allowing them to play.

maidenpriest
03-23-2013, 07:35 PM
Honestly kind of bummed by Anthrax's song selection outside of the album itself. Nothing off Spreading the Disease or Persistence of Time? Lame.

W0unds
03-23-2013, 08:20 PM
I don't think their Antisocial cover would make a very good closer. It would be nice to see a few more tracks from Worship Music and a song or two off Persistence would round this out better in my opinion.

That is a pretty decent Municipal Waste setlist though. I think it would be cool if they did their United Forces cover (S.O.D) with Scott Ian joining them, Charlie could work too but I am not sure if he is on the road with Anthrax for this tour.

JRA
03-23-2013, 09:16 PM
Exodus didn't play due to Disney not allowing them to play.

Well that's a pile of dogshit.

kalfitegrdan
03-24-2013, 12:41 AM
Wow. I'm really surprised that they're not playing Madhouse. I figured they'd never drop something as popular as that.

elturtleboy
03-24-2013, 12:58 AM
I'm the Man...... FUCK!!!

MetalIsArt
03-24-2013, 02:51 AM
March of the SOD!!!! :rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker:

dimmudan
03-24-2013, 05:41 AM
When you play the entire Among the Living album at a show that is a heck of a good start to a show.

I could do without the AC/DC cover but they have to promote their new EP so I get it.

For years I'm the Man was an encore and it will be fun for people who have never seen them do that one.

Of course I would love a longer set with more songs but I think this is pretty typical and when you consider most shows are getting Exodus, High on Fire and Municipal Waste, this is still a must see show.

I can't wait for "Imitation of Life". I have been seeing them since '88 or '89 (Can't remember but ironically the Headbangers Ball tour with Exodus) and I don't remember them ever playing Imitation. I always wanted to hear it. Combine that with Among Deep Cuts and I am pretty sure I will be drunk. Oh wait I get drunk at every show :) :rocker:

tenchimyo
03-24-2013, 07:00 AM
Exodus didn't play due to Disney not allowing them to play.

WTF? What reason did they state for that?

sarsip
03-24-2013, 07:14 AM
Didn't Exodus headline another venue that night?

treghet
03-24-2013, 07:19 AM

They said they hate Rob Dukes and FREEDOM.

christopher
03-24-2013, 10:25 AM
Didn't Exodus headline another venue that night?

Not that I know of. I would have gone.

MetalIsArt
03-24-2013, 10:32 AM

The same thing happened to Machine Head.

TheNobleFaceHumper
03-24-2013, 11:17 AM
The same thing happened to Machine Head.

I think you guys are thinking of the Orlando date, the HOB is on Disney property, but so is the Anaheim date, but they were originally banned in Orlando, the HOB apparently thinks Exodus' crowds are "not want the HOB are looking for", or something.

Exodus are headlining a place called The Orpheum in Ybor City (Tampa) while Anthrax/MW/Shadows Fall/HG play orlando, it's complete bs but whatever.

jaysadler2
03-24-2013, 11:57 AM
didnt holy grail play this date?

IrritatedTrout
03-24-2013, 03:44 PM
Sweet set, wonder how much they'll cut when Exodus joins the tour.

anomynous
03-24-2013, 03:47 PM
They cut Deathrider.

That's it.

christopher
03-24-2013, 03:51 PM
I think you guys are thinking of the Orlando date, the HOB is on Disney property, but so is the Anaheim date, but they were originally banned in Orlando, the HOB apparently thinks Exodus' crowds are "not want the HOB are looking for", or something.

Exodus are headlining a place called The Orpheum in Ybor City (Tampa) while Anthrax/MW/Shadows Fall/HG play orlando, it's complete bs but whatever.

HOB Anaheim is on Disney property too.

El Gordo
03-24-2013, 04:07 PM
That's a shitty, shitty fucking Anthrax set.

anomynous
03-24-2013, 04:11 PM
Can't tell if serious, that's arguably the best set they've played in years.

TheNobleFaceHumper
03-24-2013, 04:43 PM
HOB Anaheim is on Disney property too.

I know, i said I know the Anaheim one is too lol

El Gordo
03-24-2013, 04:52 PM
Can't tell if serious, that's arguably the best set they've played in years.

I'm serious. That set is shit. But then again, I've always been of the opinion that Among the Living is one of the most overrated metal albums of all time.

anomynous
03-24-2013, 04:59 PM
I'm serious. That set is shit. But then again, I've always been of the opinion that Among the Living is one of the most overrated metal albums of all time.

That would do it then.

El Gordo
03-24-2013, 05:09 PM
That would do it then.

Yes. Yes it would. :D

Zla Vydra
03-25-2013, 05:10 AM

I've agreed with you for 25 years. When I saw them tour in support of it, Joey did an a cappella vocal solo.

swboyd
03-25-2013, 11:35 AM
didnt holy grail play this date?

For the sake of completion, here's the Holy Grail set from the next two nights of the tour from setlist.fm. Wouldn't be surprised if they played it here, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Dark Passenger
Bleeding Stone
Ride the Void
Crosswinds
My Last Attack
Fight to Kill

300%_Density
03-25-2013, 12:32 PM
Unless you hate ATL in the 1st place, I don't know how this is bad for an Anthrax set.

Out of the 16 songs, 9 of them are ATL. (7 Remaining)
Of course they'd still wanna do stuff off Worship Music (5 Songs Remaining)
They'd want to do atleast 1 off of the covers EP (4 songs remaining)

So, then basically they only have 4 songs left to choose from out of their career. Of course Anthrax play Antisocial (I'm sure pretty much everyone is sick of it by this point, but its a staple, its probably not ever going away) so then 3 songs now.

The fact they are doing March of the S.O.D. is f'n amazing. Not sure how anybody could complain about that, plus its like a 2 min song so its not like thats stealing time from anything better. I think its great they are doing I'm The Man, some are tired of it or some never liked it at all. They haven't done it hardly at all since the '06 reunion so thats another one they never do.

IMO, the only thing I'd complain about is them doing Deathrider, even at that, its not as played out as alot of what they normally play.

I'd flat out kill to be able to see this. Best I've seen them do since the '06 reunion.

Wrecking Crew
03-25-2013, 01:51 PM
I agree with 300%Density, this set is awesome and now I am more annoyed that they are not coming anywhere near me.

TheNobleFaceHumper
03-26-2013, 03:26 AM
If anyone goes to this tour between now and April 12th, would you please take pictures of Anthrax/MW/Shadows Fall/HG merch?