PDA

View Full Version : My Chemical Romance Break Up

dcmetal108
03-22-2013, 08:33 PM
"Being in this band for the past 12 years has been a true blessing. We've gotten to go places we never knew we would. We've been able to see and experience things we never imagined possible. We've shared the stage with people we admire, people we look up to, and best of all, our friends. And now, like all great things, it has come time for it to end. Thanks for all of your support, and for being part of the adventure.
My Chemical Romance."

http://www.altpress.com/news/entry/my_chemical_romane_announce_the_end_of_the_band

This sucks. I've been listening to these guys since like the 5th grade and they were one of the first "heavier rock bands" (I was in the 5th grade and knew nothing about rock or punk at all) I got into.

The way they announced this breakup though sucks and is random. No farewell tour, nothing at all.

Just happy I saw them headline once and open once for Blink 182.

mankvill
03-22-2013, 09:13 PM
http://i49.tinypic.com/2aj9y5s.gif

They were pretty bad when I saw them open for blink. Here's the one song I liked of theirs:

Hang 'Em High (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vNPpf7S3aE)

elturtleboy
03-22-2013, 09:18 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/12e60fabaf3f4d171d414abeebf7443e/tumblr_mk15ifMhoC1riw4bso1_400.gif

christopher
03-22-2013, 09:19 PM
Bummer. I'm glad I saw em on the Blink tour.

moobys37
03-22-2013, 09:30 PM
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/6977693440/h33A9A6F5/

adamclark52
03-23-2013, 04:10 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/12e60fabaf3f4d171d414abeebf7443e/tumblr_mk15ifMhoC1riw4bso1_400.gif

Is this from some comedy movie or an actual fan?

Anyway, I'm not a pop/punk fan but I actually liked these guys.

powerslave_85
03-23-2013, 04:15 AM
I'm really bummed about this. That batch of pre-Danger Days material they just released was fucking great.

treghet
03-23-2013, 04:21 AM
Is this from some comedy movie or an actual fan?

They're Skrillex fans rolling out of their minds.

dcmetal108
03-23-2013, 05:56 AM
I saw them headline on their Danger Days tour and they played a shit load of old songs and it was great. Sold out house too so I had to stubhub tickets and it cost me a little more than more people would pay to see MCR.

El Gordo
03-23-2013, 06:39 AM
People like My Chemical Romance? Who knew? Anyway, I'm feel... indifferent about this.

smearCampaign
03-23-2013, 06:57 AM
Terrible band. I'm amazed anyone on here ever listened to them.

dcmetal108
03-23-2013, 06:58 AM
Terrible band. I'm amazed anyone on here ever listened to them.

:confused::confused: I forgot we are all only allowed to listen to metal and bands that are approved by other members.

smearCampaign
03-23-2013, 07:02 AM
:confused::confused: I forgot we are all only allowed to listen to metal and bands that are approved by other members.

I didn't say you weren't allowed to listen to anything. I listen to lots of shit that people here don't like. I'm just surprised people on this board would like My Chemical Romance. Just my opinion. No judgement on you. I just woke up and that was my initial reaction.

El Gordo
03-23-2013, 07:13 AM
I didn't say you weren't allowed to listen to anything. I listen to lots of shit that people here don't like. I'm just surprised people on this board would like My Chemical Romance. Just my opinion. No judgement on you. I just woke up and that was my initial reaction.

I agree with this. I was also surprised to find out people on this board like Three Days Grace a while ago. Radio rock in 2013, especially heavier radio rock tends to be awful, as far as I'm concerned.

RAZOR
03-23-2013, 07:21 AM
To be honest I didn't even know they were still around. But it is a bit amusing people here like them considering their main market used to be young goth kids. :eyes:

treghet
03-23-2013, 07:22 AM

My Chemical Romance isn't on the list of approved non-metal bands in the Metal Setlists Committee. Did you even read the rules when you joined?

dcmetal108
03-23-2013, 07:32 AM
My Chemical Romance isn't on the list of approved non-metal bands in the Metal Setlists Committee. Did you even read the rules when you joined?

Nope. That's why I'm able to get away with all the bands that I like on here. ;)

I'm the exception to the rule.

moobys37
03-23-2013, 07:41 AM
Nope. That's why I'm able to get away with all the bands that I like on here. ;)

I'm the exception to the rule.

There are no exceptions to the rule.

Cone of shame sir. Cone. Of. Shame.

Dextrimental
03-23-2013, 07:56 AM
To be honest I didn't even know they were still around. But it is a bit amusing people here like them considering their main market used to be young goth kids. :eyes:

Me neither. And those young goth kids grew up and graduated to heavier stuff, it seems. Hell, I was 15 when these guys landed, and I hated (at the time) everything they seemed to stand for. Seen them live a couple of times and covered one of their songs in a band, I grew to be indifferent towards them. They meant a lot to a lot of kids of my generation, I won't shit on their parade just because they mean nothing to me.

jaysadler2
03-23-2013, 08:03 AM
Thank god, i hated this band, they were shit!

dcmetal108
03-23-2013, 08:59 AM
Me neither. And those young goth kids grew up and graduated to heavier stuff, it seems. Hell, I was 15 when these guys landed, and I hated (at the time) everything they seemed to stand for. Seen them live a couple of times and covered one of their songs in a band, I grew to be indifferent towards them. They meant a lot to a lot of kids of my generation, I won't shit on their parade just because they mean nothing to me.

Yeah MCR and Green Day were the first rock/ punk/ heavy band in any aspect I listened to and eventually keep getting heavier.

mastodon421
03-23-2013, 09:01 AM
I'm really bummed about this. That batch of pre-Danger Days material they just released was fucking great.

This. They were an essential part of my middle school years and I still don't think I've listened to an album (except for maybe Blood Mountain) more than Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge. I was fortunate enough to see them three times and even though I grew out of most of their music years ago, they are still a key band in my musical progression. I'm going to be blasting Three Cheers ,I Brought You My Bullets, You Gave Me Your Love and The Black Parade all day.

Bengals279
03-23-2013, 09:02 AM
I really don't care :)

300%_Density
03-23-2013, 09:54 AM
My guyliner is running after reading this terrible news.

John The Drummer
03-23-2013, 09:59 AM
:party::party::party::party::party::party::party:: party::party::party::party::party::party:

Nick_to_the_face
03-23-2013, 10:39 AM
I'll never have to be forced to seeing them live ever again :party:

MPF
03-23-2013, 10:46 AM
I will say that I did like about 3/4ths of The Black Parade. It was a good, solid Rock album for the most part. But there was nothing else I would ever like about the band.

IrritatedTrout
03-23-2013, 10:55 AM
My guyliner is running after reading this terrible news.

This.;)

Christen
03-23-2013, 11:49 AM
And nothing of value was lost.

adamclark52
03-23-2013, 12:30 PM
They're Skrillex fans rolling out of their minds.

I thought it was Anna Faris acting like a fool in one of those Scary Movies.

AnthG
03-23-2013, 01:41 PM
The 16-year-old me is very happy and thrilled.

The 24-year-old me is very indifferent.

PVH5150
03-23-2013, 02:36 PM
And on the 7th day, God rested & said "I give zero fucks."

DementedX14
03-23-2013, 03:21 PM
Their best song was "the ghost of you". Other than that they started the whole emo thing and made it mainstream and since than emos have turned into scene kids making goth kids into a rarity. Like Fall out boy they will return and capitalize on their absence.

dcmetal108
03-23-2013, 04:27 PM
Their best song was "the ghost of you". Other than that they started the whole emo thing and made it mainstream and since than emos have turned into scene kids making goth kids into a rarity. Like Fall out boy they will return and capitalize on their absence.

What? :lol: None of that made sense.

TheWildAndTheYoung
03-23-2013, 04:28 PM
What? :lol: None of that made sense.

Only part that made since to me is the Fall Out Boy part, which I agree on

dcmetal108
03-23-2013, 04:38 PM
Only part that made since to me is the Fall Out Boy part, which I agree on

Only part I can agree with about FOB is that they share some of the same fans. Even then saying that FOB will take their part is a stretch.

powerslave_85
03-23-2013, 04:48 PM
I think he meant that, like Fall Out Boy, they'll eventually come back.

Their best song was "the ghost of you". Other than that they started the whole emo thing and made it mainstream and since than emos have turned into scene kids making goth kids into a rarity. Like Fall out boy they will return and capitalize on their absence.Ahahahahahaha

dcmetal108
03-23-2013, 04:52 PM
Oh yeah I have no doubt give it 4 years or so and they'll be bad.

PVH5150
03-23-2013, 04:59 PM
Oh yeah I have no doubt give it 4 years or so and they'll be bad.

No need to wait 4 years, they've been bad for a long time already.

RampinUp46
03-23-2013, 10:30 PM
No need to wait 4 years, they've been bad for a long time already.

:lol:

Statutory-Mike
03-24-2013, 10:00 AM
MCR was actually a really cool band. Half of these guys/gals saying they sucked have probably seen a handful of the videos that were on MTV years back and were/are way too cool to like them and that sucks. I always heard a ton of Queen influence but they still maintained an extremely original sound. They put out music 100x more interesting/cooler than almost every popular artist that's blowing up today the way they did back in the day.

RIP to a cool band.

anomynous
03-24-2013, 10:00 AM
Ok then

mankvill
03-24-2013, 10:28 AM
MCR was actually a really cool band. Half of these guys/gals saying they sucked have probably seen a handful of the videos that were on MTV years back and were/are way too cool to like them and that sucks. I always heard a ton of Queen influence but they still maintained an extremely original sound. They put out music 100x more interesting/cooler than almost every popular artist that's blowing up today the way they did back in the day.

RIP to a cool band.

Back before I saw them live, I considered them the best (or least-worst) out of the MTV pop-punk-ish trio that was them, Fall Out Boy and Panic! At The Disco. But now I'm thinking that maybe it was FOB all along who was the best.

El Gordo
03-24-2013, 01:04 PM

RIP to a cool band.

I am definitely too cool to like them.

velvetgrass
03-24-2013, 04:49 PM

RIP to a cool band.

Agreed. I never got to see MCR live, so I'm extremely bummed.

I understand the idea of not liking a band, personal preference, etc...I got it. But I guess online music websites are the "homes of disrespecting fans of other bands". Because you say "I'm glad (fill in a defunct band's name) are finally done", you're not only disrespecting the band you don't care for, you're also disrespecting their fan base and some fans of that band may have more in common in you than you think or know.

I don't like AC/DC, Limp Bizkit, One Direction, and so on and so forth, but I wouldn't wish those musicians never existed because that's putting down their fanbases, which is putting down different groups of people because you think you're cooler than them. It's no different than racism really. Anyhow, that's my rant of the day. Peace.

El Gordo
03-24-2013, 04:58 PM
I don't like AC/DC, Limp Bizkit, One Direction, and so on and so forth, but I wouldn't wish those musicians never existed because that's putting down their fanbases, which is putting down different groups of people because you think you're cooler than them. It's no different than racism really. Anyhow, that's my rant of the day. Peace.

That's fucking stupid.

velvetgrass
03-24-2013, 05:00 PM
That's fucking stupid.

That's your opinion, I have mine.

anomynous
03-24-2013, 05:05 PM

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b284/cool1337/2mq1cmg.gif

El Gordo
03-24-2013, 05:06 PM
That's your opinion, I have mine.

Really, though. If you like My Chemical Romance you're a fucking retard! Oh fuck, was that a hate crime?

velvetgrass
03-24-2013, 05:10 PM
Really, though. If you like My Chemical Romance you're a fucking retard! Oh fuck, was that a hate crime?

See, it's that attitude and that kind of sarcasm that causes discrimination in the world! And I like sarcasm as much as the next guy, if it's funny and in context. But I'm strong enough to say I still respect your opinion, I have to or then I'm going to start thinking I'm better than you, which is wrong. Point made, good day to you sir.

anomynous
03-24-2013, 05:12 PM
Summary: If you think a band sucks, you also think you're superior to their fanbase.

velvetgrass
03-24-2013, 05:13 PM
Summary: If you think a band sucks, you also think you're superior to their fanbase.

^ Summary: that's an egotistic arrogant point of view.

mankvill
03-24-2013, 05:14 PM
jesus christ how thin-skinned can some people be

inb4 lock :( sorry eric

IrritatedTrout
03-24-2013, 05:14 PM
That's fucking stupid.

It's really fucking stupid.

velvetgrass
03-24-2013, 05:15 PM
jesus christ how thin-skinned can some people be

inb4 lock :( sorry eric

Jesus Christ, how insensitive some people can be. There's always two sides to a coin and a story. We all have opinions, on the internet I just shared mine and some people decided to call me and many others retards. Good night!

El Gordo
03-24-2013, 05:17 PM
See, it's that attitude and that kind of sarcasm that causes discrimination in the world! And I like sarcasm as much as the next guy, if it's funny and in context. But I'm strong enough to say I still respect your opinion, I have to or then I'm going to start thinking I'm better than you, which is wrong. Point made, good day to you sir.

You compared being a fan of a band to being a member of a certain race of people. One is a choice, the other is not. If you choose to buy shitty records and go to awful concerts with the rest of the mouth-breathers, that's your choice. If you were born with black skin or white skin, that's not your choice, is it? Then again, if you were born an idiot with bad taste in music, I guess that's not your choice either. Sorry, I was wrong.

mankvill
03-24-2013, 05:19 PM
You compared being a fan of a band to being a member of a certain race of people. One is a choice, the other is not. If you choose to buy shitty records and go to awful concerts with the rest of the mouth-breathers, that's your choice. If you were born with black skin or white skin, that's not your choice, is it? Then again, if you were born an idiot with bad taste in music, I guess that's not your choice either. Sorry, I was wrong.

:lol:

velvetgrass
03-24-2013, 05:19 PM

I'm not talking about what kind of music you like, I totally agree with you liking a band or not is a choice. It's putting down a fanbase who are just a group of people, as putting African-Americans, Native Americans, etc... they are groups of people. If you don't like a band so what, but once you start saying they should have never existed that's where I see an issue.

mankvill
03-24-2013, 05:21 PM
I'm not talking about what kind of music you like, I totally agree with you liking a band or not is a choice. It's putting down a fanbase who are just a group of people, as putting African-Americans, Native Americans, etc... they are groups of people. If you don't like a band so what, but once you start saying they should have never existed that's where I see an issue.

All MCR fans should be put down like rabid dogs.

IrritatedTrout
03-24-2013, 05:22 PM
Mass murderers are a group of people. Saying they should be locked away in prison for life must be the same as saying all Jews should be locked away in concentration camps, yes?

velvetgrass
03-24-2013, 05:22 PM
All MCR fans should be put down like rabid dogs.

Maybe you think that. But in the process you're also putting down fans of your own kind. I love Iron Maiden and Slayer and I'm sure I'm not the only MCR fan that really enjoys those bands. Your viewpoint is flawed, in my opinion.

velvetgrass
03-24-2013, 05:24 PM
Mass murderers are a group of people. Saying they should be locked away in prison for life must be the same as saying all Jews should be locked away in concentration camps, yes?

So you're saying all MCR fans or fans of whatever band you don't like should be locked up and treated horribly like Jews were in WWII. Because that's sort of what your expressing with your analogy.

dcmetal108
03-24-2013, 05:24 PM

There's a operation to change that! :lol:

GET BACK ON TOPIC THOUGH!

IrritatedTrout
03-24-2013, 05:25 PM
So you're saying all MCR fans or fans of whatever band you don't like should be locked up and treated horribly like Jews were in WWII. Because that's sort of what your expressing with your analogy.

Troll confirmed. :lol:

Well done, sir.:allan:

El Gordo
03-24-2013, 05:26 PM

I hate Insane Clown Posse fans.

I hate Asians.

I dunno, one kind of seems a little bit worse, no?

velvetgrass
03-24-2013, 05:26 PM
Troll confirmed. :lol:

Well done, sir.:allan:

Assface :finger2:

Anyhow, let's get back on topic, I don't want to piss off the moderators here

mankvill
03-24-2013, 05:29 PM
Maybe you think that. But in the process you're also putting down fans of your own kind. I love Iron Maiden and Slayer and I'm sure I'm not the only MCR fan that really enjoys those bands. Your viewpoint is flawed, in my opinion.

no, they should all be put down.

velvetgrass
03-24-2013, 05:29 PM
I hate Insane Clown Posse fans.

I hate Asians.

I dunno, one kind of seems a little bit worse, no?

Okay, one of my friends is an Insane Clown Posse fan. I can't stand them, but he has Tourette's and he's a really nice guy. Of course a lot of Insane Clown Posse fans do stupid things, but you could say the same about Pantera, a band I dig. I mean the guy who murdered Dimebag was a fan. But putting down an entire fanbase is just screwed up in my opinion.

anomynous
03-24-2013, 05:37 PM
^ Summary: that's an egotistic arrogant point of view.

You were the one who said it.

mankvill
03-24-2013, 05:37 PM
Okay, one of my friends is an Insane Clown Posse fan. I can't stand them, but he has Tourette's and he's a really nice guy. Of course a lot of Insane Clown Posse fans do stupid things, but you could say the same about Pantera, a band I dig. I mean the guy who murdered Dimebag was a fan. But putting down an entire fanbase is just screwed up in my opinion.

You're really not getting this, are you

velvetgrass
03-24-2013, 05:39 PM
You're really not getting this, are you

Getting what? Your flawed point of view? All I see is a bunch of people who like to think they're so awesome in a group verbally belittling someone because their group is bigger and there's only one on the other side. I'm in the minority on a Metal forum, so fucking what?

velvetgrass
03-24-2013, 05:41 PM
You were the one who said it.

Not getting where you're coming from? I never said I was superior to anybody or any fanbase, look at my posts I said quite the opposite.

anomynous
03-24-2013, 05:42 PM
Getting what? Your flawed point of view? All I see is a bunch of people who like to think they're so awesome in a group verbally belittling someone because their group is bigger and there's only one on the other side. I'm in the minority on a Metal forum, so fucking what?

Yup, this will probably be thread of the year.

El Gordo
03-24-2013, 05:43 PM

Dude. You're trolling. You have to be, right?

I mean... I'm a big Overkill fan. If I read that somebody hates Overkill and all their fans (not that anyone would ever write that, because they're probably racists if they do) I would just go, "Meh, fuck that guy, Overkill rules." Now, if I go to the same website or whatever and if that guy writes that he hates all white people, well then I probably take issue and never visit the site again, and maybe take a dump in a box and mail it to him.

velvetgrass
03-24-2013, 05:45 PM
Dude. You're trolling. You have to be, right?

I mean... I'm a big Overkill fan. If I read that somebody hates Overkill and all their fans (not that anyone would ever write that, because they're probably racists if they do) I would just go, "Meh, fuck that guy, Overkill rules." Now, if I go to the same website or whatever and if that guy writes that he hates all white people, well then I probably take issue and never visit the site again, and maybe take a dump in a box and mail it to him.

No you want to see real trolls see the asshole me and multiple people are dealing with on setlist.fm who keeps editing setlists with irrelevant information

Hate any band you want, that's your leisure. But stereotyping ANY group of people is wrong in my opinion.

mankvill
03-24-2013, 05:47 PM

- 3-; baka gaijin...

El Gordo
03-24-2013, 05:49 PM
No you want to see real trolls see the asshole me and multiple people are dealing with on setlist.fm who keeps editing setlists with irrelevant information

Hate any band you want, that's your leisure. But stereotyping ANY group of people is wrong in my opinion.

That's racist! I have every right to add irrelevant information to setlist.fm! How dare you slander my people! Do you have any idea what we went through?! We are TROLLS, and we are PROUD!

anomynous
03-24-2013, 05:51 PM

you're stereotyping metalsetlists.com users by saying we all hate all mcr fans.

I'm offended and am suffering emotional distress.

See you in court.

velvetgrass
03-24-2013, 05:59 PM

See you in court.

I never said everybody here does, I said a bunch of people or a group of people here do. Look at my posts. I don't have quite as much as an issue with you, I have a big one with mankvill though. He/she expecting me to conform to his/her point of view and then complains why I'm not getting it. Fucking computer restrictions, I want to take him/her to the pavement :flame:

Quick suggestion for whoever runs this site, you should really have an option for user genders here otherwise I wouldn't have to keep saying him/her.

El Gordo
03-24-2013, 06:13 PM
If there's one thing I've always thought about mankvill, it's that he's a dictator. A real hard-ass. Man, I thought this thread was going to suck so much dick, but it's really kicking some ass. Ass of every colour though.

IrritatedTrout
03-24-2013, 06:14 PM
Manks loves pop punk and K-Pop so clearly she is a girl.;)

IrritatedTrout
03-24-2013, 06:15 PM

See you in court.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whb3k7GPInQ

adamclark52
03-24-2013, 06:25 PM
That's racist! I have every right to add irrelevant information to setlist.fm! How dare you slander my people! Do you have any idea what we went through?! We are TROLLS, and we are PROUD!

Are you the guy who's put Wynonnas Big Brown Beaver in the setlist for every Primus show I've been to? Because there's NO FUCKING WAY THEY PLAYED IT! I was there!

El Gordo
03-24-2013, 06:30 PM
Are you the guy who's put Wynonnas Big Brown Beaver in the setlist for every Primus show I've been to? Because there's NO FUCKING WAY THEY PLAYED IT! I was there!

Hey fuck you man! Why you gotta discriminate?

adamclark52
03-24-2013, 06:39 PM
Hey fuck you man! Why you gotta discriminate?

I'm honestly not getting involved in this mess, aside from that comment.

es156
03-24-2013, 06:47 PM
Well, as awesome as this thread has been, I guess it is time to say goodbye.

:tp: