PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars

adamclark52
03-16-2013, 06:08 PM
I can see Star Wars talk really ramping up in the next two years. I'm a little surprised there isn't a Star Wars thread on here. I find most metal heads are usually pretty big Star Wars fans as well. So here it is then. Post anything Star Wars releated; original trilogy, prequel trilogy, Clone Wars, books, games, comics, expanded universe, gripes, memories, questions.

I'm a pretty huge fan and have gotten pretty deep into the expanded universe. I think I've read close to a hundred of the EU novels, played a shit ton of the games, spent way too much money of action figures and Wookiepedia is still my homepage. I've just never gotten too much into the comics which is too bad since I think there are some great stories in there. But I just don't like comics.

So I'd love to have some discussion with any of you.

Sanitarium78
03-17-2013, 04:21 PM
Well, I guess i'll start with how I became a fan.

I was five years old when Return Of The Jedi came out. This was my first exposure to Star Wars. I never saw the first three in order so I never got to be shocked by Vader revealing himself to be Luke's father in Empire. My parents took me and my older brother to see Jedi at the movies way back in 1983 (holy fuck, that's 30 years ago now:eek:) and that was it, we were both hooked as fans for life from that point on. We begged our parents to take us to see it at the theater like four or five other times to.

From there we got as many toys and whatever other Stars Wars merch our parents were willing to buy us. They always used to tell me "take care of those toys, they'll be worth something someday". Of course as a kid you don't think about those things, all you want to do is is recreate movie scenes and find out what happens if Obi-Wan and Vader actually fought in A New Hope:D When I got older and saw what some of the toys from back then were going for, I admit, I wish I had listened to my parents advise about that.

Throughout my childhood and even now as an adult, the movies are still a big part of my life. I grew up watching the original three movies a lot and they are so much as part of me that they're probably in my DNA. If you've ever seen the movie Fanboys and how they can have conversations by just quoting Star Wars, well, I can do that all day if I had to.

The original trilogy will always have the most special place with me for the rest of my life. I can watch them any time and never get bored with them. I didn't care for Episode 1 at all, in fact I feel asleep in the theater watching it. Episode 2 was decent and overall I have no problem with it. I really liked Episode 3 a lot and enjoyed how the turned Anakin into Vader and the overall darker feel of the movie. I never got much into the expanded universe except for a handful of novels i've read, the movies have always been the main thing with me. I think JJ Abrams should do a pretty solid job with the new ones and am looking forward to what they will be about and probably seeing the midnight showing like I did for Episodes 1,2 and 3:D

John The Drummer
03-17-2013, 05:11 PM
I used to be a HUGE Star Wars fan when I was a young kid. I had to have all the toys, had to play all the games. Those Super Star Wars games on the SNES were HARD AS FUCK, but probably some of the funnest games I have ever played. Episode 1 Racer... OMG... my cousin and I would nerd out over that every time we hung out. Neva Kee FTMFW.

The original trilogy were amazing. I remember always wanting to watch Return of the Jedi, and then later realizing that "Empire" was where it was AT. "A New Hope" was one that I always was unsure about. I remember being extrememly young and always seeing it at the Video Rental place (yes kids, we used to go out to buildings and physically RENT movies :) ) and thinking the cover just looked SO COOL.

Episodes 1-3 were not bad, IMO. I saw Episode 1 at least 3 times in the theaters, but I think it was only because of the pod racing scene, that was the coolest part of ANY movie I had ever seen, at the time... "Clones" wasn't too bad, I actually enjoyed it, outside of the romance scenes and love story. Episode 3 was good. I remember a friend of mine had a pirated copy of it and we watched it in our Computer Animation class in High School :lol: .

I can't wait for the new movies!

adamclark52
03-17-2013, 05:32 PM
I forgot to post how I got into Star Wars. My mom tells me the story of how when my dad bought his first VCR they rented Return of the Jedi from the local video store and they copied it onto a VHS (yes, piracy existed thirty years ago). I was three. My mom still tells me the story that if she ever needed a break she could put that VHS on, leave, attend to my younger sister and come back two hours later and I'd still be sitting in the exact same place with my mouth hanging open. I can still remember hiding under the pillows of the couch when the rancor was on.

I remember we taped Empire Strikes Back off a free preview of a movie channel, and it had the text "you are watching a free preview of (whatever the channel was), please call 1-905-whatever to subscribe" scrolling across the bottom of the screen during half the movie. And during the climax of the Battle of Hoth my younger brother hit the VCR and changed it to another channel. So halfway through the battle some Hindi political show started playing. That was fine because a few years later my mom taped the music video for Cory Harts Sunglasses at Night over the political show, and the first half of the battle. We watched that thing for like ten years before we actually bought legit copies in 1997.

The prequel trilogy. I hated and still don't like Phantom Menace but I saw it in theaters six times that summer because it was Star Wars. The first twenty minutes started out so promising, then they landed on Naboo and boom; there he is (you all know who I'm talking about). Even beyond that, I find the whole part on Tatooine boring as hell. Only the ending really brings it back. Attack of the Clones is boring as hell until the Battle of Geonosis, then I got to see what I'd wanted to see for almost twenty years. But Revenge of the Sith I thought was fantastic. I'd go as far to say it's my second favorite of the entire series (after Empire Strikes Back). I don't think I took a breath for the entire Order 66 scene. And Ewan MacGregor was fantastic as Obi-Wan Kenobi. If you want to get a real appreciation for that movie (or any of the movies for that matter) real the novel. It's actually one of the best of all the Star Wars books I've read. I felt really bad for Anakin after reading it.

I am not at all embarrassed to admit that I well up at the end of Revenge of the Sith when Owan and Beru Lars are holding baby Luke and look up at the two moons of Tatooine. And I well up again when Darth Vader saves Luke at the end of Return of the Jedi.

So for me I'd rank the movies:
1. Empire Strikes Back
2. Revenge of the Sith
3. Return of the Jedi
4. A New Hope
5. the Phantom Menace
6. Attack of the Clones

adamclark52
04-17-2013, 09:56 PM
My wife sent me an article today (http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/disney-promises-new-star-wars-movie-every-year-starting-with-star-wars-episode-7-in-summer-2015-20130417) that said they plan on releasing a new Star Wars movie every summer, with episodic installments (VII thru IX) one year and stand-alone movies in the alternate years.

I really don't like this, at all. I love Star Wars but it will just get to be so watered down after the first few. There'll be nothing special about it when it becomes something every single May. But, strike while the iron is hot. They can have Jar-Jar Binks be revealed as a Sith lord pulling Palpetines strings and I'll whine, complain, curse, see it three times in theaters and buy the blu-ray.

And it feels wrong to not have Star Wars movies three years apart.

Sanitarium78
04-18-2013, 07:37 PM
My wife sent me an article today (http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/disney-promises-new-star-wars-movie-every-year-starting-with-star-wars-episode-7-in-summer-2015-20130417) that said they plan on releasing a new Star Wars movie every summer, with episodic installments (VII thru IX) one year and stand-alone movies in the alternate years.

I really don't like this, at all. I love Star Wars but it will just get to be so watered down after the first few. There'll be nothing special about it when it becomes something every single May. But, strike while the iron is hot. They can have Jar-Jar Binks be revealed as a Sith lord pulling Palpetines strings and I'll whine, complain, curse, see it three times in theaters and buy the blu-ray.

And it feels wrong to not have Star Wars movies three years apart.

I'm torn a bit on this news. I do agree that it may become watered down with too many movies. Not to mention it can confuse the hell out of the more casual Star War fans because there will be too many stories to keep track of. On the other hand there are so many cool stories and characters from the expanded universe that they can dive deeper into. It's possible they can create some new iconic characters with this as well.

I got my Star Wars figure collecting addiction under control after the marketing for episode 3 had ended. But i'm not sure if I can keep that up if they're gonna be coming out with movies every year since they will have action figures to go with each of them.

mankvill
04-18-2013, 08:03 PM
I don't want them to Call of Duty Star Wars

adamclark52
04-19-2013, 01:09 AM
I'm worried too that too many people will be trying to tell "their vision" of Star Wars and it'll turn into a clusterfuck. George Lucas is a moron and he brutalized the original trilogy but at least it was all coherantly his vision. One guy now will think Star Wars will have to be this serious drama, another may think it has to be lighthearted action, then the inevitable "dark" Christopher Nolan movie will come out.

The first one may not be the best but it'll be the hugest, with each one doing a little less money than the one before. But putting out a movie every year will guarantee that it'll be toast within five years.

Until, of course, the inevitable re-boot.

christopher
04-19-2013, 02:15 AM
Other than 7-9, I want my Boba Fett and Han Solo Movie, and then Death Troopers :drool:

adamclark52
04-19-2013, 10:17 AM
Other than 7-9, I want my Boba Fett and Han Solo Movie, and then Death Troopers :drool:

If you're big on Han Solo there's a really good book series simply called "the Han Solo Trilogy" that you should read. Han's not my favorite character but it's probably in my top ten Star Wars novels/series. The first book was okay but the second and third were phenominal.

There was a series that focused a lot on Boba Fett called "the Bounty Hunter Wars" that was okay.

And Death Troopers, yeah that book was awesome. There's a book called Crosscurrent that was very similar (towards the end anyways) that you may enjoy. Red Harvest was okay.

adamclark52
04-19-2013, 10:33 AM
I want to see movies that go more into the Old Republic. Or the future too.

I wouldn't even mind if they killed Luke. He dies some day (there's a comic based in 130ABY where he appears as a force ghost to his great, great grandson Cade) so as long as they give him the ultimate heros death that would be fine.

I just don't want to see rewriting canon. If they have a movie based in 40ABY and Chewbacca is there then I'll flip (spoiler: he dies in around 25ABY in "book land").

adamclark52
04-19-2013, 10:37 AM
I'm torn a bit on this news. I do agree that it may become watered down with too many movies. Not to mention it can confuse the hell out of the more casual Star War fans because there will be too many stories to keep track of. On the other hand there are so many cool stories and characters from the expanded universe that they can dive deeper into. It's possible they can create some new iconic characters with this as well.

I got my Star Wars figure collecting addiction under control after the marketing for episode 3 had ended. But i'm not sure if I can keep that up if they're gonna be coming out with movies every year since they will have action figures to go with each of them.

I went nuts with figures on eBay a few years ago. I got Darth Revan for forty frigging dollars, not even in a box. But I got it under control after about a years. Now it's hard to find what I'm looking for and the new figures mostly suck. I'm still looking for Bastila Shan, Exar Kun and Ulic Qul-Droma.

John The Drummer
04-19-2013, 12:23 PM
Its all about Dash Rendar...or whatev his name is :D

Sanitarium78
04-20-2013, 12:50 PM
I want to see movies that go more into the Old Republic. Or the future too.

I wouldn't even mind if they killed Luke. He dies some day (there's a comic based in 130ABY where he appears as a force ghost to his great, great grandson Cade) so as long as they give him the ultimate heros death that would be fine.

I just don't want to see rewriting canon. If they have a movie based in 40ABY and Chewbacca is there then I'll flip (spoiler: he dies in around 25ABY in "book land").

I wonder if you and I are the only ones here who know what "ABY" stands for?:lol:

smearCampaign
04-20-2013, 01:00 PM
I wonder if you and I are the only ones here who know what "ABY" stands for?:lol:

I know that one also. :tongue:

rjturtle9
04-20-2013, 01:44 PM
They should make more movies focusing on the BBY years, maybe the Jedi wars, mandalorian wars, or even the period between Episode III and IV.

Sinister_Chalupa666
04-21-2013, 12:09 AM
Fuck Disney for closing LucasArts and canceling Star Wars 1313 and Star Wars: First Assault :mad::mad::flame::flame:

Sanitarium78
04-21-2013, 03:50 PM
They should make more movies focusing on the BBY years, maybe the Jedi wars, mandalorian wars, or even the period between Episode III and IV.

I always thought the 20 year gap between episodes 3 and 4 was the most obvious time period to make some movies about. Yes, the Emperor had a great plan with Order 66 in episode 3 but you know it probably wasn't always that easy for him and Vader when it came to taking over the entire galaxy. There had to be some epic battles along the way.

ravenheart
04-22-2013, 08:52 AM
I always thought, if any non-Lucas plotline was worth making into a movie, it was Shadow of The Empire.

adamclark52
04-23-2013, 07:13 PM
I always thought the 20 year gap between episodes 3 and 4 was the most obvious time period to make some movies about. Yes, the Emperor had a great plan with Order 66 in episode 3 but you know it probably wasn't always that easy for him and Vader when it came to taking over the entire galaxy. There had to be some epic battles along the way.

There're not too many books that cover that era either so there's a lot of time to work with.

adamclark52
05-07-2013, 11:09 PM
Disney taps EA Games to create all future Star Wars games (http://mashable.com/2013/05/06/electronic-arts-star-wars/)

that has to be the biggest non-surprise I've had in the last six months. But hey, Mass Effect, Dragon Age and so many other EA games are great so this is good news.

dcmetal108
05-08-2013, 08:16 AM
Disney taps EA Games to create all future Star Wars games (http://mashable.com/2013/05/06/electronic-arts-star-wars/)

that has to be the biggest non-surprise I've had in the last six months. But hey, Mass Effect, Dragon Age and so many other EA games are great so this is good news.

Don't forget Dead Space and Battlefield.

mankvill
05-08-2013, 09:15 AM
But hey, Mass Effect, Dragon Age and so many other EA games are great so this is good news.

can't tell if serious or not...

adamclark52
05-08-2013, 09:28 AM
can't tell if serious or not...

Very serious, I love Mass Effect and thought Dragon Age was very good.

mankvill
05-08-2013, 09:33 AM
Very serious, I love Mass Effect and thought Dragon Age was very good.

Mass Effect 1 is one of my favorite games. 3 was so bad that it's almost criminal.

And Dragon Age 2 is kind of the poster boy for "shitty sequel"-itis.

It's also a shame what Dead Space 3 turned out to be :( I do like Battlefield 3, though.

smearCampaign
05-08-2013, 09:34 AM
Big difference between developer and publisher. It all comes down to what branch of EA develops these games.

adamclark52
05-08-2013, 09:37 AM
Mass Effect 1 is one of my favorite games. 3 was so bad that it's almost criminal.

And Dragon Age 2 is kind of the poster boy for "shitty sequel"-itis.

It's also a shame what Dead Space 3 turned out to be :( I do like Battlefield 3, though.

I liked a lot of DA2 but could see a lot to dislike as well. It really took that series off the map. Is there going to be a 3?

adamclark52
05-08-2013, 10:28 AM
Big difference between developer and publisher. It all comes down to what branch of EA develops these games.

Two words: Bioware or Bethesda

dcmetal108
05-08-2013, 10:37 AM
Two words: Bioware or Bethesda

Star Wars Battlefront 3 has to be made by DICE or else it might suck.

adamclark52
05-20-2013, 04:43 PM
http://starwars.com/news/new-animated-series-star-wars-rebels-coming-fall-2014.html

I don't see much promise in this. I wasn't too big on the Clone Wars, but I can't see why they ended it. It seemed like a pretty popular series.

Aren't shows on Disney XD usually geared towards an even younger audience than the Clone Wars was?

Dextrimental
05-20-2013, 05:04 PM
http://starwars.com/news/new-animated-series-star-wars-rebels-coming-fall-2014.html

I don't see much promise in this. I wasn't too big on the Clone Wars, but I can't see why they ended it. It seemed like a pretty popular series.

Aren't shows on Disney XD usually geared towards an even younger audience than the Clone Wars was?

Disney XD is all over the place. On one hand its got the super young stuff, like The Suite Life of Zack and Cody, and on the other all the Marvel stuff is on there.

I'm open to this both being awesome and sucking, I can it being either very easily!

adamclark52
06-11-2013, 10:05 AM
Star Wars Battlefront 3 has to be made by DICE or else it might suck.

looks like you got your wish (http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2013/06/10/ea-announces-new-star-wars-battlegront-game/)

adamclark52
11-09-2013, 03:57 PM
Well here's the official announcement for Episode VII (http://starwars.com/news/star-wars-episode-vii-to-open-december-18-2015.html). So mark December 18th, 2015 on your calenders.

And now's my time to be a total geek: Star Wars movies are supposed to come out in May.

Oh Adam...:tp:

Sanitarium78
11-10-2013, 08:37 AM
And now's my time to be a total geek: Star Wars movies are supposed to come out in May.

Exactly. What the hell is this christmas release shit?:fight:

illuminatus917
11-10-2013, 12:16 PM
Exactly. What the hell is this christmas release shit?:fight:

All the big movies have been trending away from summer releases for a couple years now it seems. Now all the big releases are in the fall and around Christmas. It might have been Lord of the Rings that started that Christmas trend.

Seriously, movies like Thor being released in November is lame. These types of movies used to always come out around May or June. Meaning I could watch them on my summer vacations.

ShatteredFlame
11-10-2013, 01:41 PM
It's because the two highest grossing films of all time Avatar and Titanic were both released at the very end of the year where there is zero competition.

adamclark52
11-10-2013, 07:39 PM
It's because the two highest grossing films of all time Avatar and Titanic were both released at the very end of the year where there is zero competition.

I think Star Wars VII could come out the day Nuclear War starts between earth and Mars and still be one of the highest grossing films of all time.

But, to tell the truth I actually like the Christmas release thing. December and the build up to Christmas is one of the few times of the year I'm not totally miserable. So a new Star Wars coming out at the same time may actually make me...happy...

TonyD
11-10-2013, 11:37 PM
It sounds like it's mostly a compromise to push back the release so they have a little more time without moving it a whole year back.
If they come anywhere close to the originals (i.e. don't suck as much ass as the prequels) the release date means nothing.

Sanitarium78
11-11-2013, 05:21 AM

Competition or not, I think those two films would've been hits anyways. They may not have become the two highest grossing films ever but they would've still made some good money. You can have every summer blockbuster open the same weekend as the new Star Wars it would still blow all of them out of the water. It's Star Wars, nothing can compete with it unless maybe there's an Avengers 2 that comes out on the same date. Even then, Star Wars still wins.

illuminatus917
01-25-2014, 01:46 PM
It sounds like it's mostly a compromise to push back the release so they have a little more time without moving it a whole year back.

Ideally, it would be a summer 2016 release.

Abrams is having to force the creation of a new story based on a present release date, which is entirely likely to negatively effect the quality of the film. Directors should be able to spend as much time as they need composing a script, then take it to the studio for a green light and then set a release date based on the completed screenplay.

As we have it, Disney is being anxious and greedy, trying to cash in as soon as possible on its cash cow, forcing Abrams to speed his way through all the motions.

mankvill
01-25-2014, 02:04 PM
Rewatching all 6 movies on Blu-Ray. :D

adamclark52
01-25-2014, 06:26 PM
Rewatching all 6 movies on Blu-Ray. :D

Original versions of the original trilogy, or 1997 Special Editions?

mankvill
01-25-2014, 07:02 PM
Original versions of the original trilogy, or 1997 Special Editions?

It's this (http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Complete-Episodes-Blu-ray/dp/B003ZSJ212/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1390708934&sr=8-2&keywords=star+wars+blu+ray). In Episode 1, Yoda is CGI and not a puppet.

adamclark52
01-25-2014, 07:18 PM
It's this (http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Complete-Episodes-Blu-ray/dp/B003ZSJ212/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1390708934&sr=8-2&keywords=star+wars+blu+ray). In Episode 1, Yoda is CGI and not a puppet.

Ah, I don't think that version has the original theatrical versions of the original trilogy. But the CGI Yoda is better than the beat-up looking puppet in the original Phantom Menace.

adamclark52
01-25-2014, 07:20 PM
I've been watching the Clone Wars cartoon series with my son a lot this weekend (the Cartoon Network Clone Wars from 2003-2005). As well as playing a lot of Lego Star Wars on his Wii.

JRA
01-25-2014, 07:26 PM
I still have the original trilogy on VHS. It was the last release before the 97 re-release.

adamclark52
01-25-2014, 07:41 PM
I still have the original trilogy on VHS. It was the last release before the 97 re-release.

That's a good thing to have. Those re-released versions had their moments but the butcher some parts. Han "dodging" Greedos shot. Fuck that was terrible. And I just hated what they did to the Scarrlac Pit. It was so much more menacing when it was just a hole.

Sanitarium78
01-26-2014, 05:32 AM
I still have the original trilogy on VHS. Haven't watched it in ages though, it's just been sitting on shelf in my room untouched for years now. I didn't like Han dodging Greedo's shot and the edit to the Sarlacc either. That beak rising up from the pit made it seem more funny than frightening. The Sarlacc had some kind of mystery as to what lied beneath before that eggplant looking thing was edited in.

So did anybody read anything about the possibility of a Boba Fett movie? Only it won't really be Boba. Supposedly, they cut out Boba's back story and some bounty hunter kills him and steals his armor and the movie will be about this other person in Boba's outfit. I don't like this idea at all. A lot of fans have always wanted Boba to have his own movie and this is what they're thinking of doing?

JRA
01-26-2014, 05:57 AM
Han dodging greedo = dumb
sarlacc pit = kinda cool
ring of fire in explosions = fuck all yall that shit ruled
Scene where Luke and Biggs meet before the death star = why the hell wasn't that in the original? The moments were certain pilots died actually had weight to them.

adamclark52
01-26-2014, 06:10 AM
I still have the original trilogy on VHS. Haven't watched it in ages though, it's just been sitting on shelf in my room untouched for years now. I didn't like Han dodging Greedo's shot and the edit to the Sarlacc either. That beak rising up from the pit made it seem more funny than frightening. The Sarlacc had some kind of mystery as to what lied beneath before that eggplant looking thing was edited in.

So did anybody read anything about the possibility of a Boba Fett movie? Only it won't really be Boba. Supposedly, they cut out Boba's back story and some bounty hunter kills him and steals his armor and the movie will be about this other person in Boba's outfit. I don't like this idea at all. A lot of fans have always wanted Boba to have his own movie and this is what they're thinking of doing?

If that's true about Boba Fett then there's the first bit of continuity they've abolished. Boba Fett is alive and well as far as 44 ABY, in book land.

adamclark52
01-26-2014, 06:11 AM
Han dodging greedo = dumb
sarlacc pit = kinda cool
ring of fire in explosions = fuck all yall that shit ruled
Scene where Luke and Biggs meet before the death star = why the hell wasn't that in the original? The moments were certain pilots died actually had weight to them.

Some, like those last two scenes were cool. I hated Jabbas scene in A New Hope as well.

Overall, I thought the new version of a New Hope wasn't very good, Empire Strikes Back was fine (but you can't fuck with that movie anyway) and Return of the Jedi was butchered to the point where I can't watch it. My son, on the other hand, watches it two or three times a week.

adamclark52
02-22-2014, 11:04 AM
The Diznee store in my mall started stocking Star Wars stuff today. It was a pretty small corner but they had some good action figures. Overpriced of course. So I bought the Black Series Mara Jade.

DisposableJustice
03-18-2014, 07:49 PM
Some news for ya

Director J.J. Abrams' upcoming Star Wars: Episode VII has a start date and a timeline.

Now it just needs a new Han, Luke and Leia.

Disney and Lucasfilm announced Tuesday that the new Star Wars movie the first of a planed third trilogy begins filming in May at London's Pinewood Studios. Episode VII will also be the first Star Wars film to start that month George Lucas' original Star Wars and The Empire Strikes Back began in March, in 1976 and '79 respectively, while Return of the Jedi kicked off principal photography in London on Jan. 11, 1982.

Episode VII, which is currently slated to open in theaters Dec. 18, 2015, is set 30 years after the Rebellion took down the Galactic Empire and a second Death Star and had a huge celebration with Ewoks in Jedi.

The new film also will feature a trio of new leads. Classic Star Wars actors Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill have been rumored to have roles in Episode VII, and Hollywood trades have recently reported that actors such as Breaking Bad's Jesse Plemons and newly minted Oscar winner Lupita Nyong'o have met with Abrams or are in talks for various parts.

Thus far, though, only one character has been confirmed: lovable droid R2-D2, a fixture in the previous six Star Wars movies.

Should be interested to wait for the trailer in say 6-8 months; I am glad they are giving so much time between ROTJ and this since there is so much cannon material (books, games, comics, etc.) for events right after ROTJ

adamclark52
03-18-2014, 07:56 PM
Some news for ya

Should be interested to wait for the trailer in say 6-8 months; I am glad they are giving so much time between ROTJ and this since there is so much cannon material (books, games, comics, etc.) for events right after ROTJ

Here I go:
- Chewie must be dead
- Han and Leia must have two children and one thats passed away
- the galaxy has to be in a huge rebuilding stage following the Yuuzhan Vong invasion.
- I never read the Swarm War series but I think that takes love around 30 ABY.
- I'm pretty sure Mom Mothma and Admiral Akbar have passe away at this point
- the Jedi Order has to be very small, maybe around a hundred people.
- Mara Jade has to be in it, married to Luke and have had his son Ben

There's so much more EU stuff that has gone on by this point but the first three and the last point are essential.

illuminatus917
03-18-2014, 08:53 PM
Admiral Akbar

Meaning literally, "great admiral" in Arabic.

- Mara Jade has to be in it, married to Luke and have had his son Ben

I would really like to see Amy Adams play a young Mara Jade in a flashback, say at the beginning of one of the films. Write in a flashback like Peter Jackson did in the LOTR films and show the Emperor sending Mara Jade her orders telepathically.

adamclark52
03-18-2014, 08:56 PM
Meaning literally, "great admiral" in Arabic.

I would really like to see Amy Adams play a young Mara Jade in a flashback, say at the beginning of one of the films. Write in a flashback like Peter Jackson did in the LOTR films and show the Emperor sending Mara Jade her orders telepathically.

That would be fine. But how old is she? Mara Jade would be in her mid-forties around this time. So having Amy Adams play the character period may no be a bad thing.

adamclark52
03-18-2014, 08:58 PM
I'm calling it now: first preview will be before the next Hobbit.

illuminatus917
03-18-2014, 09:03 PM
That would be fine. But how old is she? Mara Jade would be in her mid-forties around this time. So having Amy Adams play the character period may no be a bad thing.

She would be in her mid-forties at the time of the emperor's death? I thought she was younger than that. Closer to Luke's age.

adamclark52
03-18-2014, 09:12 PM
She would be in her mid-forties at the time of the emperor's death? I thought she was younger than that. Closer to Luke's age.

I meant mid forties at the time of this new movie. She was two years younger than Luke.

illuminatus917
03-18-2014, 09:15 PM
I meant mid forties at the time of this new movie. She was two years younger than Luke.

Perfect. Dye Lauren Graham's hair red and use her.

adamclark52
03-18-2014, 09:54 PM
Perfect. Dye Lauren Graham's hair red and use her.

NOOOOO, NO GILMORE GIRLS!

Natrlhi
03-19-2014, 07:25 AM
NOOOOO, NO GILMORE GIRLS!

You shut your whore mouth. She's as cute as a goddamn button, she is.

Of course, it could be difficult picturing her as Mara Jade when I see her face on the silver screen and my memory goes back to that most infamous and awesome of lines she had in the car and hot tub scenes in Bad Santa. ;)

adamclark52
03-19-2014, 07:34 AM
You shut your whore mouth. She's as cute as a goddamn button, she is.

Of course, it could be difficult picturing her as Mara Jade when I see her face on the silver screen and my memory goes back to that most infamous and awesome of lines she had in the car and hot tub scenes in Bad Santa. ;)

I can't think about anything other than the constant, hyperpaced nattering between her and Rory. God I hated that show.

illuminatus917
03-19-2014, 03:48 PM
God I hated that show.

One of my all-time favorite shows.

Natrlhi
03-19-2014, 06:49 PM
Never saw a single episode. Maybe that's why I still think she's cute. Not hot, mind you - but cute.

illuminatus917
03-19-2014, 08:15 PM
Never saw a single episode. Maybe that's why I still think she's cute. Not hot, mind you - but cute.

Gilmore Girls <3

She had a fabulous personality on that show. I don't know how talented of an actress she is though. She couldn't play Mara Jade with Lorelai Gilmore's personality, that's for damn sure. The purists would riot and she'd probably have to go into witness protection.

Physically, she's be a perfect specimen for the role.

adamclark52
03-19-2014, 08:29 PM
Gilmore Girls <3

Remember when that guy got mad when Machine Head topped the album of the year poll and he stormed off never to be heard from again...I'm this close...

illuminatus917
03-19-2014, 08:47 PM
Remember that scene when Lorelai started dancing in the snow and then caught a snowflake on her tongue? <3

And when Emily said the government said we should eat nine servings of fruits and vegetables per day and Lorelai said it was imperialist propaganda? <3

adamclark52
03-20-2014, 12:31 AM
Remember that scene when Lorelai started dancing in the snow and then caught a snowflake on her tongue? <3

And when Emily said the government said we should eat nine servings of fruits and vegetables per day and Lorelai said it was imperialist propaganda? <3

I think I remember those but it would probably be easier for me to remember if you typed it like this: RememberthatscenewhenLorelaistarteddancinginthesno wandthencaughtasnowflakeonhertongue?AndwhenEmilysa idthegovernmentsaidweshouldeatnineservingsoffruits andvegetablesperdayandLorelaisaiditwasimperialistp ropaganda?

illuminatus917
03-20-2014, 07:48 AM
I think I remember those but it would probably be easier for me to remember if you typed it like this: RememberthatscenewhenLorelaistarteddancinginthesno wandthencaughtasnowflakeonhertongue?AndwhenEmilysa idthegovernmentsaidweshouldeatnineservingsoffruits andvegetablesperdayandLorelaisaiditwasimperialistp ropaganda?

http://i59.tinypic.com/34sl6pk.jpg

smearCampaign
03-20-2014, 08:25 AM
Not sure if any of you SW fans listen to podcasts, but if you do check out Star Wars Minute. They started by watching all of A New Hope minute by minute and each podcast episode covers one minute of the film. They are currently 40-some minutes into Empire. It's a funny and interesting nostalgic look at the original trilogy. They're also watching the non-special editions, so that makes it even better.

http://www.starwarsminute.com/

illuminatus917
03-28-2014, 06:28 PM
There's a rumor floating around now that Adam Driver will play Darth Caedus.

adamclark52
03-28-2014, 06:40 PM
There's a rumor floating around now that Adam Driver will play Darth Caedus.

Never heard of him: +1
Not your typical look: +2
Looks like Jacen Solo: +3

http://www.emmys.com/sites/default/files/styles/bio_pics_detail/public/2013/08/adam-driver_0.jpg?itok=aR5RCVpB http://diesel-ebooks-cdn.make-a-store.com/mas_assets/image_cache/2/e/3/1/500x500_3027267_file.jpeg

So probably not happening.

I've heard the Legacy of the Force series and the Solo Twins are what they may be going with for the new movies and that's fine by me. Like I said, as long as Chewbacca isn't in it I'm fine.

DisposableJustice
03-28-2014, 08:01 PM
Never heard of him: +1
Not your typical look: +2
Looks like Jacen Solo: +3

http://www.emmys.com/sites/default/files/styles/bio_pics_detail/public/2013/08/adam-driver_0.jpg?itok=aR5RCVpB http://diesel-ebooks-cdn.make-a-store.com/mas_assets/image_cache/2/e/3/1/500x500_3027267_file.jpeg

So probably not happening.

I've heard the Legacy of the Force series and the Solo Twins are what they may be going with for the new movies and that's fine by me. Like I said, as long as Chewbacca isn't in it I'm fine.

Sure Chewbacca will have passed on by then...

BUT

what about

HIS SON/DAUGHTER/CARPET?

http://breathingdead.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/wookie.jpg

adamclark52
03-29-2014, 03:55 AM
I'm not joking that Chewbacca should be dead by then. In the expanded universe he dies in 25ABY (twenty five years after A New Hope) saving Han and Leias youngest son. That son dies a year later.

Lumpawarru (or whatever his name is) was mentioned in another series of books set ten or fifteen years after the movies and was bit of a pussy and failure. But he wasn't mentioned outside of that ever again outside of a brief word or two. He would be alive still in these movies. Wookies live to around two hundred and fifty years old.

illuminatus917
03-29-2014, 12:32 PM
I hope there are no wookies in the new movies.

No gungans either.

illuminatus917
04-07-2014, 05:59 PM
I'm not joking that Chewbacca should be dead by then. In the expanded universe he dies in 25ABY (twenty five years after A New Hope) saving Han and Leias youngest son. That son dies a year later.

I hope there are no wookies in the new movies.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-episode-vii-adds-694151

Oh well.

adamclark52
04-08-2014, 07:13 AM
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-episode-vii-adds-694151

Oh well.

Fuckin assholes.

Oh well, I don't remember most of the hundred EU novels I read so they may as well just flush them down the toilet anyways.

Hopefully Anakin's in the new movies and Boba Fett stays in that Scarlacc pit. And the Yuuzang Vong invasion, it wasn't that big a deal.

Why not just toss in C-3PX, C-3POs wild, jive talking take not shit from no one nephew.

adamclark52
04-25-2014, 04:11 PM
fuck them (http://starwars.com/news/the-legendary-star-wars-expanded-universe-turns-a-new-page.html)

adamclark52
04-25-2014, 05:46 PM
You know what, I've let this settle in for an hour now and I realized that the Star Wars people are doing the same thing that all these 1980's cheese-metal bands are doing. You have Queensryche and Geoff Tate's Queensryche, Ratt and Stephen Pearcy's Ratt, Great White and Jack Russell's Great White. So now you have the Disznee-fuckhead-united-we-want-Chewbacca-in-the-new-movies Star Wars universe and the "it happened but it never happened" Star Wars universe.

Sanitarium78
04-26-2014, 07:13 AM
90 percent of the people who will see these movies have never read the books from the expanded universe. So, the fact that Chewbacca will be around in the next set of movies isn't going to bother most folks. In fact they'll love it. I've only read a handful of Star Wars books and I know that Chewie dies but it doesn't bother me that he'll be in the movie because I love him. I'm not surprised they're making these changes since they have to appeal to the masses and not just to the people who know about the expanded universe. While I do take my Star Wars seriously, having Chewbacca in it when he's not "supposed" to be there is not going to prevent me from seeing the films and getting whatever kind of enjoyment I can out of them.

adamclark52
04-26-2014, 01:17 PM
I understand that and frankly I'm not one bit surprised by the decision. I know that Episode VII will make more money than all the EU books combined. I didn't cry in my C3P-O's this morning but it's still a real kick in the nuts to all the fans that did/do read the EU novels. Especially when continuity was something that was very guarded up until Diznee bought them. Transformers got bastardized, Ninja Turtles got bastardized, so many other things guys our age grew up with got fucked around with by clueless studios and big business. Up until now Star Wars was one thing that mostly got left alone. But here we are and here I am having read over a hundred books that could be considered pointless now.

And it's just another page in the story of "what's next"? The EU novels obviously aren't important to them. But what else are they going to do with the license that will piss off the serious fans like me who stuck with Star Wars through thick and thin while appeasing to the masses? I was with them during the dark times of the late eighties and early nineties. The average douchebag is going to watch the new movies once and forget about them. And they're clearly catering to the people who really don't care while the hardcore's will have to live with the fact that everything they thought they knew was wrong. I'm probably over-reacting. In fact I know I'm over-reacting. But it doesn't stop the fact that it was generally a dick move.

Mickey Mouse is Palpatine. Fuck him.

TonyD
04-26-2014, 08:01 PM
Did you really think they would use that material for the story? And would you actually want to know what was going to happen going into it?
Most of all, do you really want them to kill off Chewbacca?

adamclark52
04-26-2014, 08:31 PM
Did you really think they would use that material for the story? And would you actually want to know what was going to happen going into it?
Most of all, do you really want them to kill off Chewbacca?

Nope, Nope and Yup.

I wanted them to take it into consideration.

There was still a lot of empty time they could've used. To shoot down the hundreds of books that are out there is just telling the people that loved and read them that they wasted their time.

I'm not a member of any Star Wars forums but I can imagine the outrage to this.

Dextrimental
04-27-2014, 07:13 AM
I'm rationalizing it by pretending it's like comics; alternate realities. There's now two continuities - the expanded universe and the expanded movie-verse. I know that's not how it actually is, but I don't care, it makes me feel better.

adamclark52
04-27-2014, 07:18 AM
I'm just upset because it's such a big "fuck you" to all the hardcore fans.

It's like when you work at a job with the the same people for years. Then a new manager comes in that's hired from outside and starts throwing their weight around. You and the others sit there and are like "fuck you buddy, we've been here for years, you don't tell us what to do". But in reality you have no choice because they are the boss.

That's what (I think) Diznee has done.

XDoomsayerX
04-27-2014, 12:38 PM
I never knew this much about Star Wars. I've just watched all the movies but never heard of this expanded universe.

Anyhow, they're just making movies for entertainment purposes not to cater to the hardcore fans who jizz for anything Star Wars related.

Like any another show,movie, short whatever based on readable material such as comics and books, they just use the material for basic ideas not to just show a visual representation the same exact read.

adam's reaction is understandable peeps complain bout GoT,harry potter,the hobbit,etc all the same.

ravenheart
04-29-2014, 09:04 AM
Full cast announced: http://starwars.com/news/star-wars-episode-7-cast-announced.html

Harrison Ford
Carrie Fisher
Mark Hammill
Peter Mayhew
Kenny Baker
Anthony Daniels
Andy Serkis
Max von Sydow
Adam Driver
Daisy Ridley
John Boyega
Domhnall Gleeson
Oscar Isaac

adamclark52
04-29-2014, 09:12 AM
I'm guessing:

Daisy Ridley: Jaina Solo
Adam Driver: Jacen Solo
Domhnall Gleeson: Ben Skywalker

The rest all look fine to me. But I don't know how Andy Serkis will fit in?

ravenheart
04-29-2014, 10:50 AM
But I don't know how Andy Serkis will fit in?

Motion capture for some alien, clearly.

And isn't Adam Driver playing a villain?

adamclark52
04-29-2014, 10:56 AM
And isn't Adam Driver playing a villain?

There was a rumor floating around a month ago that the films were based off the Legacy of the Force books, where Jacen Solo turns to the dark side.

Dextrimental
04-29-2014, 11:02 AM
Very pumped for this considering that cast. Stunning set of actors. The amount of money they must be paying the older actors is huge I'd say, Hamill completely resents Star Wars and will only do conventions for an astronomical fee and Harrison Ford hardly needs to ever act again.

anomynous
04-29-2014, 11:06 AM
I'm guessing:

Daisy Ridley: Jaina Solo
Adam Driver: Jacen Solo
Domhnall Gleeson: Ben Skywalker

If they even have the "same" kids as the EU

adamclark52
04-29-2014, 11:15 AM
If they even have the "same" kids as the EU

Yeah, I was going to add in my response to Ravenheart that they were going to base the movies on the Legacy of the Force books BEFORE THEY SHAT ON THE ENTIRE EU LAST WEEKEND.

ravenheart
04-29-2014, 11:59 AM
I really don't expect the old cast to be in it for more than the first 20 minutes.

John The Drummer
04-29-2014, 12:00 PM
In todays day and age its best to just not expect movie adaptions to follow video games/comic books/novels. Sure it would be AWESOME if they did more like that (SPiderman 3 involving Venom & Carnage or something) but there is only so much they can do, and I am sure they want to use their own creative force and come up with their own universe and storylines.

adamclark52
04-29-2014, 12:50 PM
I really don't expect the old cast to be in it for more than the first 20 minutes.

I'm expecting one to die. I'd say whoever cost the most, probably Han.

Sanitarium78
04-29-2014, 07:40 PM
I'm expecting one to die. I'd say whoever cost the most, probably Han.

I can see that. Harrison Ford is pretty old now and doesn't need to ever work again anyways.

So, am I the only one that said "who?" when I read the names of the new cast members for the movie?

adamclark52
04-29-2014, 07:54 PM
So, am I the only one that said "who?" when I read the names of the new cast members for the movie?

Nope, and I'm quite happy with that.

John The Drummer
04-30-2014, 11:16 AM
I don't care who's in it (lesser known the better, IMHO), I don't care what storyline they follow, I don't care if Jar Jar is in it or not, I just want a fun enjoyable and interesting Star Wars film that I can watch for years upon years!

As I've stated before, I didn't mind episodes I-III at all. I really enjoyed them, even II! Just gimme something entertaining and I'll like it :)

illuminatus917
04-30-2014, 04:39 PM
Nope, and I'm quite happy with that.

As am I. That one girl looks like a perfect choice for the daughter of Han and Leia.

Reportedly, Han is going to play a major role.

adamclark52
06-03-2014, 10:46 AM
The more I hate what they've done...the more I love what they're doing. After all the shit they've done I'm afraid I'm going to love these new movies.

http://starwars.com/star-wars-episode-vii-adds-academy-award-winner-lupita-nyongo-and-game-of-thrones-gwendoline-christie.html

I'M SO CONFUSED!!!

DisposableJustice
06-03-2014, 09:19 PM
The more I hate what they've done...the more I love what they're doing. After all the shit they've done I'm afraid I'm going to love these new movies.

http://starwars.com/star-wars-episode-vii-adds-academy-award-winner-lupita-nyongo-and-game-of-thrones-gwendoline-christie.html

I'M SO CONFUSED!!!

I'm sure you have seen the leaked set pics and a model of a certain spaceship:finger:

adamclark52
06-03-2014, 10:50 PM
I'm sure you have seen the leaked set pics and a model of a certain spaceship:finger:

I have not. Give me fifteen seconds.

DisposableJustice
06-04-2014, 10:38 AM
http://starwars.com/news/josh-trank-to-direct-stand-alone-star-wars-film.html

Star Wars Overload man:eek:

adamclark52
06-04-2014, 11:00 AM
You didn't know they were going to put out movies ASIDE from the new trilogy? Buddy, they are going to milk that cow so bad over the next ten years that even I'm going to be sick and tired of it.

They want a new movie EVERY YEAR. I think the trilogy every other year and a stand alone movie in the years in-between is the plan.

And those set photos remind me of the set photos I saw from the Phantom Menace...a bunch of people in a desert. :lol: I only made it through a few but I think I'll turn off all set related news until the movie comes out. Cast stuff I'll keep up on and story stuff I have to take with a grain of salt. I'll wait until a preview comes out (which I strongly expect will be before the next Hobbit movie) to get to much more in to it.

adamclark52
06-04-2014, 11:15 AM
You know one thing I love when a new Star Wars movie comes out? Fan made speculation posters and trailers. Some people put so much work in to being so wrong.

Sanitarium78
06-04-2014, 07:36 PM
Since I like Game Of Thrones, Gwendoline Christie joining the cast of the new movie is a good thing. She would make a good Jedi.

The more I think about it they should finish this trilogy before they start making the stand alone, unrelated movies. It might be overkill and it can also confuse people who aren't as dedicated to Star Wars when it comes to what movies go with each other and what ones don't. I love me some Star Wars but if we have a new movie every year I feel it will lose that special feeling fans get when a new one is about to be released.

adamclark52
06-04-2014, 09:57 PM
Since I like Game Of Thrones, Gwendoline Christie joining the cast of the new movie is a good thing. She would make a good Jedi.

The more I think about it they should finish this trilogy before they start making the stand alone, unrelated movies. It might be overkill and it can also confuse people who aren't as dedicated to Star Wars when it comes to what movies go with each other and what ones don't. I love me some Star Wars but if we have a new movie every year I feel it will lose that special feeling fans get when a new one is about to be released.

Disney don't give a fuck. $$$$$$$$

MetalIsArt
06-05-2014, 06:03 AM
JJ Abrams involved means that I'm not interested at all.

adamclark52
06-05-2014, 07:12 AM
JJ Abrams involved means that I'm not interested at all.

His involvment does scare the hell out of me (especially added with the EU shitting that happened a few weeks ago). I liked the first Star Trek. And Lost was good...at first. After the second season it got ridiculous. I can't remember watching anything else of his. Did he do District 9? I did like that.

Dextrimental
06-05-2014, 08:27 AM
Not a single director who could be doing this that wouldn't make people nervous, it's too huge a property. JJ is in the perfect point in his career to do it, with the Star Trek flicks he's proven he can use a budget wisely and knows how to construct a good cast. Much like the Star Terk films, this will not please everyone, and will split fans young and old, but he's not Zack Snyder or David Goyer, and has respect for the source material of beloved franchises.

MetalIsArt
06-05-2014, 09:07 AM
Not a single director who could be doing this that wouldn't make people nervous, it's too huge a property. JJ is in the perfect point in his career to do it, with the Star Trek flicks he's proven he can use a budget wisely and knows how to construct a good cast. Much like the Star Terk films, this will not please everyone, and will split fans young and old, but he's not Zack Snyder or David Goyer, and has respect for the source material of beloved franchises.

David Goyer should never write alone, but he has great ideas.
Of course, without the Nolans, the Batmantrilogy would've been full of the (sometimes) cringeworthy dialogue we got with Batman Begins (a great film, mind you).

Zack Snyder's only film I actually like is Watchmen, and I really don't care about Abrams having success. Besides, your argument about "will not please everyone" is silly, cause it counts for all movies.

And, Adam, it was Neil Blomkamp who directed District 9.

Dextrimental
06-05-2014, 09:17 AM
David Goyer should never write alone, but he has great ideas.
Of course, without the Nolans, the Batmantrilogy would've been full of the (sometimes) cringeworthy dialogue we got with Batman Begins (a great film, mind you).

Zack Snyder's only film I actually like is Watchmen, and I really don't care about Abrams having success. Besides, your argument about "will not please everyone" is silly, cause it counts for all movies.

And, Adam, it was Neil Blomkamp who directed District 9.

If you call mysoginy and insulting the fanbase of a beloved character a great idea, then yes! Snyder's films are usually dumb, Watchmen is one of his few that isn't it.

True enough, but I have faith in Abrams. Dude is one of the best for the job. The fact that he's using at least some actual puppets makes me super happy.

MetalIsArt
06-05-2014, 09:28 AM
If you call mysoginy and insulting the fanbase of a beloved character a great idea, then yes! Snyder's films are usually dumb, Watchmen is one of his few that isn't it.

True enough, but I have faith in Abrams. Dude is one of the best for the job. The fact that he's using at least some actual puppets makes me super happy.

The fanbase of a beloved character, you mean Batman or Supes? :confused:

I have something against people who demand everything from comicbooks to be translated literally on the screen, but let's not get into that. Man Of Steel was just about ok, had a few miscastings, but at least it wasn't a drag like Superman Returns.

Batman VS Superman will be horrible, you can already see that.

smearCampaign
06-05-2014, 11:25 AM
Did you guys see these shirts?

https://s3.amazonaws.com/mno.products/26920/836cf134427f25a59c55df1be8fb66aa_m.jpg

https://s3.amazonaws.com/mno.products/26919/456b3ad3b0c8e222de846e9e1fb5e33d_m.jpg

https://s3.amazonaws.com/mno.products/26918/46cf6559b7633a3162d9991c86da9757_m.jpg

adamclark52
06-05-2014, 11:33 AM
That Obi-wan one is pretty brutal. I wanna see Jar-Jar Binks in Suffocations font with his head grafted onto the machine on the cover of Effigy of the Forgotten. All would be forgiven.

Or maybe just Jar-Jar superimposed into the cover of Cannibal Holocaust.

Dextrimental
06-05-2014, 11:39 AM
The fanbase of a beloved character, you mean Batman or Supes? :confused:

I have something against people who demand everything from comicbooks to be translated literally on the screen, but let's not get into that. Man Of Steel was just about ok, had a few miscastings, but at least it wasn't a drag like Superman Returns.

Batman VS Superman will be horrible, you can already see that.

Google David Goyer Martian Manhunter and read what he recently had to say about him, and about She-Hulk. Dude should not be anywhere NEAR comic book films.

Oh me too, but there's away to write them that feels like a modern interpretation and not a bastardization, Man of Steel falls closer to the latter. Not to mention just not feeling like a cohesive plot.

Batman v Superman will have good parts, I think. As a whole it looks like it'll be pretty weak, though. Still will absolutely clean house in the box office.

Back on topic: Disney will be selling Princess Leia stuff in their Disney Princess section. This is good news.

adamclark52
06-05-2014, 12:45 PM
I've noticed the Star Wars section at the Diznee Store in my mall getting bigger and bigger. Just wait until next fall. You'll see poor Mickey and Doc McStuffins hanging out in the back smoking cigarettes stickering boxes of Bobs Fett action figures.

AnthG
06-05-2014, 01:04 PM
The Disney Store at the Eaton Centre is slowly becoming equal parts Old-school Disney, Star Wars, and Marvel

Dextrimental
06-05-2014, 02:02 PM
The Disney Store at the Eaton Centre is slowly becoming equal parts Old-school Disney, Star Wars, and Marvel

Not kidding, that was the absolute DREAM when I was kid in toystores. Still won't be buying Star Wars and Marvel stuff from them, will be using local comic book stores for that, but it's very cool for kids.

illuminatus917
06-07-2014, 04:32 PM

I've never watched Game of Thrones but I just googled her and she looks like a jedi. She looks like she could play a hybrid/mutated jedi really well.

adamclark52
06-07-2014, 05:05 PM
I've never watched Game of Thrones but I just googled her and she looks like a jedi. She looks like she could play a hybrid/mutated jedi really well.

Guys, she's a 6'3" woman.

http://home.comcast.net/~mjracop/sraagha_ms.jpg (it's a female wookie you pleb)

Book that motherfucker and dig its grave!

illuminatus917
06-07-2014, 08:15 PM
Guys, she's a 6'3" woman.

I also said that without knowing her height.

adamclark52
06-07-2014, 08:39 PM
I also said that without knowing her height.

I'm just joking. I hope you're right.

AnthG
06-09-2014, 06:12 AM
Not kidding, that was the absolute DREAM when I was kid in toystores. Still won't be buying Star Wars and Marvel stuff from them, will be using local comic book stores for that, but it's very cool for kids.

Well it's pretty much all kids stuff anyway. There's nothing really for adults in terms of items, so you wouldn't be able to buy anything for yourself really if you wanted to.

adamclark52
06-09-2014, 07:06 AM
Well it's pretty much all kids stuff anyway. There's nothing really for adults in terms of items, so you wouldn't be able to buy anything for yourself really if you wanted to.

They had a couple of cool action figures from the Black Series that you won't see in Walmart or Target. But for the most part it was pajamas, backpacks, stuff I had no real interest in.

Sanitarium78
06-23-2014, 07:24 PM
So, nobody is gonna mention that Harrison Ford broke his foot on the set a few weeks ago? Apparently, the recovery could take up to six months. I wonder if the release date will be pushed back now?

adamclark52
06-24-2014, 10:15 AM
So, nobody is gonna mention that Harrison Ford broke his foot on the set a few weeks ago? Apparently, the recovery could take up to six months. I wonder if the release date will be pushed back now?

Doubt it. They've already fucked canon up so bad they'll probably cast Sasha Baron Cohen as Han Solo and pretend nothing happened.

adamclark52
10-04-2014, 04:13 PM
Anyone else catch the premiere of Rebels?

I thought it was just okay. The CGI looked like total shit IMO. Like, the Wookiees fur looked like tree-bark. I know that towards the end of the Clone Wars show it looked a lot better than that. Maybe this was just a pilot episode that wasn't intended to be aired but it was a definite step backwards. The character faces all looked like (here we go again) the faces in Diznee movies. Everything looked like that shit-fest Frozen. And the characters are rather cut and paste (elder Jedi, out-of-his-element farm boy, alien sidekick).

It's not totally negative. I did like parts of it. I do like that it's set in the Rise of the Empire era, which really never got to fleshed out in the old expanded universe. Being the happy-go-lucky guy I am I tend to enjoy sadness, despair, desperation and suffering quite a bit. So that'll be a side of Star Wars I've never seen.

I'm still not sure about how this show will last. I don't know what happened to the Clone Wars in the end and why it was so suddenly cancelled. I thought it was still popular. So I can't see how this show can bring in any more of an audience than that did. Time will tell. I think it's just a stop-gap to drum up excitement for the new movies but do they really need anymore promotion other than someone saying "there will be a new Star Wars movie next winter"?

adamclark52
10-07-2014, 11:44 PM
watch?v=OuTvlewO-3A

Bah, not interested.
who the fuck am I kidding...