Hope Leaves
Atonement
Deliverance
Hessian Peel
Häxprocess
Demon of the Fall (Acoustic)
Reverie/Harlequin Forest

Blackwater Park

Katatonia were support with a 55-min slot. Decent performance, but I've never found Katatonia that memorable a band.

Opeth had a 2 hour set, bringing in a songs from both their recent European acoustic / heavy shows. DOTF acoustic was neat, but I'd have much rathered the original version!

Still a great show and a solid set!

TheClairvoyant
03-14-2013, 06:22 AM
I would of thought the set would be a lot different, but it's near identical to the last tour, and if you're going to play Demon of the Fall, play the original version! can't complain though, it's one of the better set's Opeth have done in a while

InFlamesOfBirchmen
03-14-2013, 09:27 AM
I would of thought the set would be a lot different, but it's near identical to the last tour, and if you're going to play Demon of the Fall, play the original version! can't complain though, it's one of the better set's Opeth have done in a while

I'm actually pretty happy with it. Anything from Still Life is a plus, and I've yet to see Blackwater Park played live, so in my opinion it's a great set. This acoustic version of Demon of the Fall sounds really interesting.

tteotd666
03-14-2013, 10:27 AM
Im definatly ok with them bringing this set on the NA tour.
Would love to see the song By The Pain I See in Others though:horns:

TheClairvoyant
03-15-2013, 05:20 AM
Im definatly ok with them bringing this set on the NA tour.
Would love to see the song By The Pain I See in Others though:horns:

I don't think that song has ever been played live by Opeth?

Fates Guardian
03-15-2013, 11:06 AM
That's a terrible setlist from Katatonia! God dammit. They were playing such great sets not long ago too. I really hope 'Strained' gets added back in when they come to Georgia. Seriously, not a single old-ish song. Fuck.

InFlamesOfBirchmen
03-15-2013, 11:49 AM
That's a terrible setlist from Katatonia! God dammit. They were playing such great sets not long ago too. I really hope 'Strained' gets added back in when they come to Georgia. Seriously, not a single old-ish song. Fuck.

I was at least hoping to see Evidence on there :hecho:

tteotd666
03-15-2013, 03:05 PM
I don't think that song has ever been played live by Opeth?

Unfortunatly they have not played it live, that I am aware of.

TheNobleFaceHumper
03-15-2013, 06:31 PM
Still no Bleak or Burden :mad:

InFlamesOfBirchmen
03-15-2013, 06:41 PM
Still no Bleak or Burden :mad:

Didn't they play Burden on one leg of the Heritage tour?

TheNobleFaceHumper
03-15-2013, 08:31 PM
I don't think so?

Edit - Damn i guess they did. Didn't come to FL though :(

InFlamesOfBirchmen
03-15-2013, 09:05 PM
I don't think so?

Edit - Damn i guess they did. Didn't come to FL though :(

Sorry to hear that, man, it was amazing live. I think I remember Mikael finishing and saying something like, "And that's what it sounds like when your Mellotron is broken."

TheNobleFaceHumper
03-15-2013, 09:52 PM
Ha. did they do the full song? And did the new guy do justice to the keyboard solo?

InFlamesOfBirchmen
03-16-2013, 12:14 AM
They played it in full, and the keyboardist was great. Porcelain Heart was amazing as well. I sometimes forget how good Watershed is.

TheClairvoyant
03-16-2013, 06:24 AM
Didn't they play Burden on one leg of the Heritage tour?

They played it at the gig I went to, along with Famine, but then both Burden and Famine were replaced by Haxprocess a few shows after I think.

Osiris9019
03-16-2013, 06:47 PM
If they don't play Bleak at my show, Clifton Park NY, especially with Steven Wilson being there, I'll kill myself.

RampinUp46
03-17-2013, 01:15 PM
They played it at the gig I went to, along with Famine, but then both Burden and Famine were replaced by Haxprocess a few shows after I think.

They played all three at the San Antonio gig.

Damn. Looks like I'm going to Oklahoma if they keep this set.