PDA

View Full Version : Geoff Tate's Fake Queensryche New Album Details.

Travis The Dragon
03-04-2013, 04:22 PM
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=187003

Yep. Whatever. FU tatertot!

anomynous
03-04-2013, 04:31 PM
lol at KK Downing doing something for Taintscryche.

SomewhereInTime72
03-04-2013, 05:52 PM
not even close to interested lol

MPF
03-04-2013, 07:05 PM
It's Geoff Taint's Queensryche of Fire, get it right!

:tongue:

IrritatedTrout
03-04-2013, 08:19 PM
This whole split is hilarious because both parties suck. :lol:

Steev
03-04-2013, 08:23 PM

I just think taking sides in this is idiotic, give it a couple years and they'll reunite because I don't see either of these albums being landmark releases

ravenheart
03-05-2013, 04:43 AM
Fair enough. Ruling it out because you want to take sides in a dispute that doesn't even involve you is stupid.

This could turn out good, especially with all those heavy guests. I'm hoping from a properly heavy album from them, and I'll give it as much chance as I gave any new 'ryche album while Geoff was still in the band, because there's absolutely not reason not to.

All that said, Geoff needs to stop saying stupid things. His last rant in an interview was about how the others are ruining it for themselves by carrying on without him. Erm, Geoff, they're actually doing pretty well with the new guy. Better than you're doing on your own, in fact. Just look at the label they've been signed by compared to the one you've been signed by. Pay attention.

Also, :lol: at calling the album F.U., re-recording old 'ryche songs as bonus tracks, and going on tour to play Mindcrime 1 again.

Steev
03-05-2013, 05:28 AM
Fair enough. Ruling it out because you want to take sides in a dispute that doesn't even involve you is stupid.

This could turn out good, especially with all those heavy guests. I'm hoping from a properly heavy album from them, and I'll give it as much chance as I gave any new 'ryche album while Geoff was still in the band, because there's absolutely not reason not to.

All that said, Geoff needs to stop saying stupid things. His last rant in an interview was about how the others are ruining it for themselves by carrying on without him. Erm, Geoff, they're actually doing pretty well with the new guy. Better than you're doing on your own, in fact. Just look at the label they've been signed by compared to the one you've been signed by. Pay attention.

Also, :lol: at calling the album F.U., re-recording old 'ryche songs as bonus tracks, and going on tour to play Mindcrime 1 again.

Eh I check em both out, but really give it a few years and they'll be back together

ravenheart
03-05-2013, 06:11 AM
Eh I check em both out, but really give it a few years and they'll be back together

You could very well be right.

That, or Geoff will have choked to death blowing his saxophone.

Steev
03-05-2013, 06:23 AM
You could very well be right.

That, or Geoff will have choked to death blowing his saxophone.

Money talks, and hey sometimes breaking up only to reunite can move some tikcets

PVH5150
03-05-2013, 07:10 AM

At least Todd still has a voice worth listening to.

Steev
03-05-2013, 08:34 AM
I actually saw Geoff solo back in Oct(he played a bar near me) and his voice sounded great, and that was with a setlist around 26 songs

SomewhereInTime72
03-06-2013, 01:21 PM
Geoff has a pretty great voice, even if he is a terrible and egotistic person who is bad at making good music on his own.

Travis The Dragon
03-06-2013, 02:05 PM
After all the BS tatertot put the band through, the official REAL QR wins for me. He didn't allow the main band members to hardly write songs on the last 3 albums and brought in outside writers. He spit on his band members and threatened them with a knife in Brazil. He's been very unprofessional in how he's handled the situation since QR fired him. Look at this for example: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=183681 Also, look at this: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=176587 Also, go here and have a look around: http://www.anybodylistening.net/breakdownroom/index.php?board=13.0 How anyone can support tatertot after reading all that is beyond me. Also, I love that Glen Drover said FU to tatertot and is playing with QR!

Travis The Dragon
03-06-2013, 02:06 PM
I actually saw Geoff solo back in Oct(he played a bar near me) and his voice sounded great, and that was with a setlist around 26 songs

If his voice is so great, let's hear him sing Queen Of The Reich and actually hit the notes like Todd is doing now. Much of his setlist consists of songs where he doesn't need to hit a lot of high notes which makes him sound good.

Onioner
03-06-2013, 03:16 PM
Uh fonz, Geoff never pulled a knife on anyone. He spat on Scott, and he decked and shoved Michael. The documents posted in the Breakdown Room support that. And careful about that forum dude, it's an amazing source of QR info and their mods are very fair and cool, but there is an overwhelming majority of folks there that talk about Geoff like he's the bubonic plague and worship Todd like he's the messiah. Things are never that black and white.

Geoff comes off as a narcissistic ass that is desperately trying to look brutal and tough for the metal kids, but dude actually can sing okay these days for the most part in my opinion. And he's been very nice to the folks I know that have met him. I know he was very gracious to Andrew Metalhead a while back, and he was nothing but cool to Craig Locicero from what he has said on Facebook. If you've ever had a roommate that wasn't family, you know your relationship with them was different than than it would be with others. Now imagine that with four dudes splitting a tour bus for thirty years straight. I honestly expect the Tate-ryche album to be pretty good, Craig said the songs were great and dude knows his heavy rock. And if you know Craig, you know he isn't one to just say random crap, he's a very earnest guy. Yes the album cover is lame and childish, but I really am looking forward to it.

As for the real QR album (and yes, I consider the Todd version the real one), what I heard really doesn't sound like what QR would sound in 2013 had they continued in a similar direction from Empire or Mindcrime. Todd is destroying live, but I'm not super sure he can write vocal melodies as strong as the ones Geoff came up back in the '80s. I think the new record will be enjoyable power metal, but I really don't think it'll sound like classic QR at all. I would love to have my socks knocked off though, this would be the comeback to end all comebacks if this album's a great one.

Travis The Dragon
03-06-2013, 04:34 PM
Well, I still stand by my opinions on how I feel about Todd vs. tatertot and agree with what the majority of the members say at that forum.

That's good to hear that tatertot was actually nice to the people he met. He must have been feeling good on his wine or something. :lol:

I'm hearing plenty of classic QR sound in the new songs so far as well as a different, heavier sound. For me, it's sounding like their best stuff since Empire and could possibly end up being their best stuff since Mindcrime. As far as tatertot's fakeryche, based on Dedicated To Chaos and Kings and Thieves, I'm not expecting anything too special from FU. Only time will tell I guess.

Steev
03-06-2013, 09:25 PM
The only thing I can say about Geoff is that last year he took a paycut so a venue here wouldn't cancel the show, and put on a great(and lengthy) set

That's really all I care about, go out and give the people a good time

Travis The Dragon
03-06-2013, 10:11 PM
It's such a great time hearing Kelly Grey trying to play the solo in Jet City Woman. :lol:

Steev
03-06-2013, 10:13 PM
It's such a great time hearing Kelly Grey trying to play the solo in Jet City Woman. :lol:

Actually they had another guitarist play it, and very well

Indestructible
03-06-2013, 11:17 PM
He is still using the name Queensryche on this album? That could give a band name to the new/real Queensryche with Todd La Torre. If people aren't informed of what has been going on since last year with Queensrych and Geoff Tate then they will think Frequency Unknown is the new Queensryche album, they will think it sucks and be driven away from the real Queensryche who will most likely release a great album this year. Geoff Tate could give the other guys a bad name.

ravenheart
03-07-2013, 04:04 AM
I expect both albums to be as good/bad as each other.

The best album anyone from Queensryche has made in the last 15 years is 'Slave To The System'.

Steev
03-07-2013, 06:33 AM
I expect both albums to be as good/bad as each other.

The best album anyone from Queensryche has made in the last 15 years is 'Slave To The System'.

I definitely agree on the first part, both records will probably be ok but not compared to their older releases, and they probably both tour small venues

It's not exactly the Ozzy/Sabbath split

EvilCheeseWedge
03-07-2013, 11:13 AM
Uh fonz, Geoff never pulled a knife on anyone. He spat on Scott, and he decked and shoved Michael.

Geoff comes off as a narcissistic ass that is desperately trying to look brutal and tough for the metal kids, but dude actually can sing okay these days for the most part in my opinion. And he's been very nice to the folks I know that have met him. I know he was very gracious to Andrew Metalhead a while back, and he was nothing but cool to Craig Locicero from what he has said on Facebook. If you've ever had a roommate that wasn't family, you know your relationship with them was different than than it would be with others. Now imagine that with four dudes splitting a tour bus for thirty years straight. I honestly expect the Tate-ryche album to be pretty good, Craig said the songs were great and dude knows his heavy rock. And if you know Craig, you know he isn't one to just say random crap, he's a very earnest guy. Yes the album cover is lame and childish, but I really am looking forward to it.

As for the real QR album (and yes, I consider the Todd version the real one), what I heard really doesn't sound like what QR would sound in 2013 had they continued in a similar direction from Empire or Mindcrime. Todd is destroying live, but I'm not super sure he can write vocal melodies as strong as the ones Geoff came up back in the '80s. I think the new record will be enjoyable power metal, but I really don't think it'll sound like classic QR at all. I would love to have my socks knocked off though, this would be the comeback to end all comebacks if this album's a great one.

I just wanted to quote this for truth. I agree with just about everything you said, Onioner :light:

Travis The Dragon
03-13-2013, 05:33 PM
Audio samples are on iTunes.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
03-13-2013, 09:33 PM
I've been out of the loop on the whole QR mess. What does DeGarmo have to say about it? has he chosen sides?

ravenheart
03-14-2013, 04:01 AM
I've been out of the loop on the whole QR mess. What does DeGarmo have to say about it? has he chosen sides?

In standard DeGarmo style, he hasn't said a word. I doubt anyone's asked either, it doesn't really matter.

Travis The Dragon
04-03-2013, 03:48 PM
First single from the album: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzDJHuxBTUw&sns=em

It's actually a pretty good song and tatertot sounds decent on it. It's quite a bit better that DTC and K&T. It still doesn't really sound like QR instrumentally though.

ravenheart
04-04-2013, 06:45 AM
I think it's FAR better than the new Queensryche song. Looking forward to Geoff's album more at this point.

EvilCheeseWedge
04-04-2013, 09:02 AM
I think "Cold" is better than anything on Dedicated to Chaos and Kings & Thieves, but it's still a pretty generic song. That said, I think all of its parts fits together better than "Redemption." For example, the chorus feels like a natural progression out of the verse, whereas Redemption's chorus just does not fit. While I'm not impressed with the lyrics from either camp's new song, I like that Cold isn't another GT "I'm a badass" song, or a bunch of goofy crap like on Dedicated to Chaos, and doesn't have the corny Journey chorus and thesaurus fueled verses of Redemption.

I like "Cold" better than "Redemption" but it's a hollow victory because I don't think either song is really that good. As far as I can see it, there used to be one Queensryche I was sort of interested in, and now there's going to be two that I'm not at all interested in.

Wake me up when DeGarmo is back...

bennythedog
04-04-2013, 10:04 AM
I think "Cold" is better than anything on Dedicated to Chaos and Kings & Thieves, but it's still a pretty generic song.

exactly - my 1st impression was meh. At least Todd can sing and will do the good QR songs justice.

Travis The Dragon
04-16-2013, 03:37 PM
Full album available for streaming: https://soundcloud.com/cleopatra-recs/sets/queensryche-frequency-unknown

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
04-16-2013, 05:59 PM
Tate-ryche is playing here a week from saturday. I'm considering going.

Of course I'd prefer to hear stuff from the first 3 releases but all of Mindcrime might be good. I lost interest after Empire anyway.

Travis The Dragon
04-17-2013, 07:39 PM
Tate-ryche is playing here a week from saturday. I'm considering going.

Of course I'd prefer to hear stuff from the first 3 releases but all of Mindcrime might be good. I lost interest after Empire anyway.

I very highly recommend you listen to some footage on youtube before you go and have your ears tortured!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77ok1cQqDxY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrK71mHQhH0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeXdyzX-Afc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJBc0BO0R5U

justinm4bama
04-18-2013, 06:22 AM
I try to stay away from reading blabbermouth comments but some of these are too funny :lol: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=188882

Travis The Dragon
04-25-2013, 03:25 PM
http://www.anybodylistening.net/breakdownroom/index.php?topic=4154.msg92610#msg92610

Read reply #42 and the comments that follow. That just sickens me how tatertot didn't even credit Chris DeGarmo for Silent Lucidity!

Travis The Dragon
04-26-2013, 08:22 PM
http://cleorecs.com/home/queensryche-best-rant-contest/ OMG! :lol:

rjturtle9
04-26-2013, 09:45 PM
http://cleorecs.com/home/queensryche-best-rant-contest/ OMG! :lol:

Wow.

300%_Density
04-26-2013, 10:02 PM
Never liked Queensryche, not 1 song, have zero about any of this crap I care about. But this is a pretty cool thing they are doing.