Seek & Destroy

hellawaits77ny
03-01-2013, 05:48 AM
Leper Messiah
My Friend of Misery
Damage, Inc.

http://i55.tinypic.com/e9yg0i.jpg
Nice

Some great rare-r songs. Another solid set.

MetalIsArt
03-01-2013, 06:04 AM
My friend of misery!!!! :party::rocker:

Sanitarium78
03-01-2013, 06:09 AM
I think this is my favorite set of this tour so far.

adamclark52
03-01-2013, 06:42 AM
Leper Messiah: cool!

JimmyPage
03-01-2013, 08:30 AM
Anyone else think My Friend Of Misery is a candidate for top 5 worst Metallica song? I can't even listen to it. Despite that, this set list completely slayed the underwelming one we got in St. Paul, MN in 2004 the one time I've seen them live.

hellawaits77ny
03-01-2013, 08:33 AM
Anyone else think My Friend Of Misery is a candidate for top 5 worst Metallica song? I can't even listen to it. Despite that, this set list completely slayed the underwelming one we got in St. Paul, MN in 2004 the one time I've seen them live.

Not one of my favorites, but it's far from one of their worst.

MetalIsArt
03-01-2013, 09:22 AM

No.

fletchzer
03-01-2013, 01:09 PM
My Friend of Misery went off surprisingly well.

The sets they're playing out here for Soundwave festival seem to have a few songs changing every night - one from DM, one longer style song (e.g. ...AJFA, Orion, My Friend of Misery) and a few others from the first few albums.

Bit jealous that Brisbane got ...AJFA and Shortest Straw, as ...AJFA is my favourite Metallica album by far, but I can't complain!

Of all the times I've seen Metallica, these sets have the best balance between songs and selection of tracks. Blackened, Creeping Death, Hit The Lights and For Whom The Bell Tolls as constants are all killer!

TheClairvoyant
03-02-2013, 04:39 AM

I've seen worse Metallica set's, the first time I saw them live on the Death Magnetic tour, the set was pretty poor.

MetalIsArt
03-02-2013, 04:45 AM
I've seen worse Metallica set's, the first time I saw them live on the Death Magnetic tour, the set was pretty poor.

Yeah, they dared to play a lot of songs from a newly released album.

treghet
03-02-2013, 05:15 AM

I don't see how that changes anything. A bad set is a bad set, regardless of if it was on the tour for the supposed bad album.

El Gordo
03-02-2013, 05:18 AM

I wouldn't say top 5 worst, because there's a lot of worse stuff on Load, ReLoad, etc. but it's never been one of my favourites. It starts off with a pretty cool bass line though. IIRC, Newsted intended it to be the instrumental song for the black album, but Hetfield and Ulrich had different designs, obviously.

El Gordo
03-02-2013, 05:20 AM
I don't see how that changes anything. A bad set is a bad set, regardless of if it was on the tour for the supposed bad album.

But it's a Metallica set! HOW CAN IT BE BAD??!?!

TheClairvoyant
03-02-2013, 06:20 AM

It had nothing to do with the DM songs, I enjoyed all of them on that night, it's just the fact the set was poor compared to most on that tour, get your head out of your arse.

PowerMaiden
03-02-2013, 07:59 AM
But it's a Metallica set! HOW CAN IT BE BAD??!?!

http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=11347

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

hellawaits77ny
03-02-2013, 08:43 AM
I liked DM, but one of the times I saw them in '09, they played fuckin 7 songs from it. Too much.

TheClairvoyant
03-02-2013, 09:18 AM

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

I actually remember reading a thread on the official Metallica forums of a guy driving 6 hours for this show, and was totally pissed off with the songs they played. Can't really blame him though, that set is very poor.

El Gordo
03-02-2013, 10:59 AM

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Lol I know, it was sarcasm. I wouldn't pay a dollar to go see Metallica now.

hellawaits77ny
03-02-2013, 11:24 AM
I actually remember reading a thread on the official Metallica forums of a guy driving 6 hours for this show, and was totally pissed off with the songs they played. Can't really blame him though, that set is very poor.

No shit, that was the show I was talking about! I liked Trapped and blitzkrieg in the encore, but not great otherwise.

TheClairvoyant
03-02-2013, 12:12 PM
No shit, that was the show I was talking about! I liked Trapped and blitzkrieg in the encore, but not great otherwise.

That's weird haha, small world. I still feel bad for you!

hellawaits77ny
03-02-2013, 01:15 PM
That's weird haha, small world. I still feel bad for you!

Thanks, lol. So-so setlist, but it's still Metallica.