PDA

View Full Version : Weiland Out of STP & Water Is Still Wet

300%_Density
02-27-2013, 06:23 AM
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=186783

STONE TEMPLE PILOTS have announced they have "officially terminated" their lead singer, Scott Weiland. No reason was given for the split. A spokeswoman said the band has no further comment at this time.

Phil709
02-27-2013, 06:47 AM
Well without Weiland it's not Stone Temple Pilots. I guess the Deleo's and Kretz can tour under another name. What was their other band? Mighty Joe Young or something?

Chris_M_S
02-27-2013, 06:50 AM
I'd still totally go see that 'Scott Weiland plays the first two STP albums' tour if it was coming anywhere near me.

detuned
02-27-2013, 06:55 AM
Well without Weiland it's not Stone Temple Pilots. I guess the Deleo's and Kretz can tour under another name. What was their other band? Mighty Joe Young or something?
mighty joe young was stp's original name

talk show was stp with another singer

army of anyone was deleos with richard patrick and ray luzier

MetalIsArt
02-27-2013, 07:05 AM
Velvet Revolver looms...

And Myles is gonna get back to work with AB, so...

ravenheart
02-27-2013, 07:44 AM
And Myles is gonna get back to work with AB, so...

Solo album first, I thought?

Wrecking Crew
02-27-2013, 07:52 AM
I saw STP with Weiland a few years ago and it was the worst show I have ever seen. Show started over an hour late and Weiland was obviously high and slurring his words. Good riddance I say, but then I am not a big STP fan, I went because the missus wanted to go.

MetalIsArt
02-27-2013, 08:25 AM
Solo album first, I thought?

Could be. But AB is already in the studio.

ravenheart
02-27-2013, 09:32 AM
Could be. But AB is already in the studio.

Not quite yet, I wouldn't imagine. Tremonti is still on tour in Europe.

TonyD
02-27-2013, 11:33 AM
The metalsucks report on it quoted Slash as saying any talk about Weiland returning to VR was out of his own ass and had no truth.

300%_Density
02-27-2013, 11:34 AM
Weiland being Weiland:

Former STONE TEMPLE PILOTS singer Scott Weiland has released the following statement regarding his dismissal from the group:

"I learned of my supposed 'termination' from STONE TEMPLE PILOTS this morning by reading about it in the press. Not sure how I can be 'terminated' from a band that I founded, fronted and co-wrote many of its biggest hits, but that's something for the lawyers to figure out. In the meantime, I'm looking forward to seeing all of my fans on my solo tour which starts this Friday."

MPF
02-27-2013, 12:51 PM
Stone Temple Pilots Of Fire?

MetalIsArt
02-28-2013, 12:52 AM
Not quite yet, I wouldn't imagine. Tremonti is still on tour in Europe.

I know, but they have been prepping the album for a while know, pictures have galored. ;)

hellawaits77ny
02-28-2013, 03:15 AM
Weiland is a true dirtbag. Get off the damn smack. And hasn't this happened twice before?

ravenheart
02-28-2013, 03:47 AM
pictures have galored. ;)

Outstanding turn of phrase ;)

ravenheart
02-28-2013, 03:47 AM
Weiland is a true dirtbag. Get off the damn smack.

Yet he was still the only saving grace of Velvet Revolver live.

hellawaits77ny
02-28-2013, 04:26 AM

Did he act gay like he doesn onstage w/ STP?

MetalIsArt
02-28-2013, 05:21 AM

I like Weiland. If we should discard any "rockstar" who has used or still uses drugs we won't be left with many. Slash in his prime (so to speak) was maybe even worse than Scott.

And I've never seen VR, but I seem to remember that they had a horrible live sound = way too loud.

MetalIsArt
02-28-2013, 05:24 AM
Did he act gay like he doesn onstage w/ STP?

Yeah, so? I like Mötley Crue, and those dudes sure looked like ladies.

300%_Density
02-28-2013, 05:56 AM
In a time where I don't think there's too many rockstars left, I love Weiland. He's unpredictible, he kept things interesting in STP. I'm sure he'll just go do a solo album soon. I'm sure he'll still keep plenty active in music after this solo tour he does. One hint of advice: "NO MORE CHRISTMAS ALBUMS SCOTT".

hellawaits77ny
02-28-2013, 06:21 AM
Yeah, so? I like Mötley Crue, and those dudes sure looked like ladies.

LOL. To each his own, I suppose.

MetalIsArt
02-28-2013, 06:23 AM
LOL. To each his own, I suppose.

:tp:

hellawaits77ny
02-28-2013, 06:29 AM
:tp:

Wow, some people here get fudgy real easily. Chill out man, have an Eskimo Pie.

ravenheart
02-28-2013, 06:33 AM
And I've never seen VR, but I seem to remember that they had a horrible live sound = way too loud.

Both times I saw them their sound was basically fine. The problem was that Slash and Duff looked like they just didn't care. Weiland carried them single-handedly on the album showcase show for 'Contraband'. The next time was on the tour for 'Libertad' and they were better as a unit, which was weird seeing as they broke up a week later, but Weiland was still the best thing about them.

I've since seen Slash twice with his solo band and it's like he's a different guy to the one I saw in VR.

MetalIsArt
02-28-2013, 08:59 AM
[QUOTE=ravenheart;514649]Both times I saw them their sound was basically fine. The problem was that Slash and Duff looked like they just didn't care. Weiland carried them single-handedly on the album showcase show for 'Contraband'. The next time was on the tour for 'Libertad' and they were better as a unit, which was weird seeing as they broke up a week later, but Weiland was still the best thing about them.

I've since seen Slash twice with his solo band and it's like he's a different guy to the one I saw in VR.[/]

When I saw him with his solo band he was full of energy too.

300%_Density
03-01-2013, 05:51 AM
Keeps getting more hilarious:

Singer Scott Weiland claims that STONE TEMPLE PILOTS' announcement of his "termination" from the band is nothing more than a publicity stunt in order to hype an upcoming concert tour.

Speaking to TMZ.com at the Los Angeles airport prior to the launch of his new solo tour, Weiland said: "STP is not broken up. It's a whole thing to try to boost ticket sales."

According to Scott, there the members of STONE TEMPLE PILOTS are forbidden from using the name STP on another group unless all the individual musicians are involved.

Asked if he's still fronting the band, he replied, "I started it."

IrritatedTrout
03-01-2013, 06:50 AM
Weiland fucking sucks. :lol:

I remember seeing this video back in 2005 or so when somebody recommended VR to me. I remember throwing up in my mouth a little.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YfRFXAc0W8

Coma323
03-01-2013, 12:42 PM
I'm seeing a solo show next week, not sure what to expect. I like STP but couldn't stand Velvet Revolver. I saw AiC when they opened for them and left a few songs into their set.

Natrlhi
03-01-2013, 07:56 PM
I'd still totally go see that 'Scott Weiland plays the first two STP albums' tour if it was coming anywhere near me.It's coming to the HOB near me, and I want to go, but as I remember it's on a day when I can't. :(