11. One
12. For Whom the Bell Tolls
13. Blackened
14. Nothing Else Matters
15. Enter Sandman

16. Creeping Death
17. Battery
18. Seek & Destroy

Just one remark: please replace Cyanide with something else from DM (TDTNC, TEOTL, MA...) or play another older song!:rocker:

Spiner202
02-23-2013, 07:40 AM
5 songs from Justice is crazy. Pretty much any Metallica set they've played would leave me happy, but I'd love to see this.

IrritatedTrout
02-23-2013, 08:16 AM
Replace Cyanide and Sad But True (I know Sandman and Nothing Else Matters aren't going anywhere) with something better and that's just about a perfect Metallica set.

MetalIsArt
02-23-2013, 08:41 AM
Replace Cyanide and Sad But True (I know Sandman and Nothing Else Matters aren't going anywhere) with something better and that's just about a perfect Metallica set.

I'm a sucker for Struggle Within & Don't Tread On Me these days. :D;)

TonyD
02-23-2013, 10:28 AM
That's a pretty damn good set whether it's your first or 100th time seeing Metallica.

rjturtle9
02-23-2013, 10:47 AM
3 songs off Puppets, 3 songs off Ride, 5 songs off Justice. That's a pretty nice set!

leglessmoof
02-23-2013, 11:09 AM
Fuel/Cyanide/Sad is the weak part of the set.

Replace them with an instrumental (Call of Ktulu, Orion, To Live is to Die, Suicide & Redemption) and a rarer post-Justice song (Struggle Within, Bleeding Me, Outlaw Torn, Devil's Dance, My Apocalypse, etc.) and that would be an awesome set!

mankvill
02-23-2013, 11:23 AM
Only shit songs are Cyanide and Sad But True. Ending YET AGAIN with Seek and Destroy is lame too. Other than that, pretty awesome set!

The_jman
02-23-2013, 12:31 PM
why does everyone hate sad but true? Its a pretty good song, and gets great crowd reaction...

I will admit cyanide can go though...

leglessmoof
02-23-2013, 12:39 PM
why does everyone hate sad but true? Its a pretty good song, and gets great crowd reaction...
It's a good song, I just get tired of hearing it at every show.

Creeping Death and For Whom The Bell Tolls get great crowd reactions too, but they aren't played at every show.

(It would be nice if they rotated out Nothing Else Matters and Seek & Destroy too, but realistically I just don't see that happening. I think rotating out Sad But True would be very feasible though.)

Blacktooth85
02-23-2013, 02:44 PM
It is the 25th anniversary of "Justice" that's why they're playing 5 songs from it. It would be cool to see them play it in it's entirety, but i highly doubt it. I would love to see them play Frayed Ends of Sanity. I don't know the last time they played that. The only clips i could find are from 1989...

RampinUp46
02-23-2013, 03:46 PM
I really hope they bring this set to the US sometime soon. Yeah, Fuel/Cyanide/SBT are some pretty annoying songs, but hey, there's always at least one piss break in every Metallica set anyway. :lol:

ravenheart
02-23-2013, 04:21 PM
Will never understand the hate for Sad But True. That riff is insanely good.

IrritatedTrout
02-23-2013, 04:28 PM
Are they still using that stage setup with pieces from all their album covers?

mankvill
02-23-2013, 04:43 PM

song was ruined for us americans (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJ3uB7-cskk)

IrritatedTrout
02-23-2013, 04:50 PM
Thought you were gonna post this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKHarz6BUDk

leglessmoof
02-23-2013, 05:41 PM
It is the 25th anniversary of "Justice" that's why they're playing 5 songs from it. It would be cool to see them play it in it's entirety, but i highly doubt it. I would love to see them play Frayed Ends of Sanity. I don't know the last time they played that. The only clips i could find are from 1989...
I'm hoping they will play the entire "Justice" album at the Orion festival this year. They played all of "Ride the Lightning" at last year's festival, which included them playing Escape for the first time ever, so it wouldn't be that far-fetched.

I could be wrong, but I don't think they've ever played The Frayed Ends of Sanity in full. They've just teased parts of it, as far as I know.

Are they still using that stage setup with pieces from all their album covers?

Probably not for outdoor festival shows. I think that stage setup is only for indoor arena shows.

mankvill
02-23-2013, 05:54 PM
After that awesome 4-night run in San Francisco...last year? or the year before? I don't remember...and the Orion Fest, I think they only song from their first 5 albums they haven't performed in full is Frayed Ends Of Sanity.

christopher
02-23-2013, 07:00 PM
After that awesome 4-night run in San Francisco...last year? or the year before? I don't remember...and the Orion Fest, I think they only song from their first 5 albums they haven't performed in full is Frayed Ends Of Sanity.

Yeah, thats the only one that they have never done live.

MetalIsArt
02-24-2013, 12:54 AM
Correct, and it's about bloody time they do.

And I don't dislike SBT either btw.

Sanitarium78
02-24-2013, 04:03 AM

Yep, it's heavy as fuck live. People just don't like it because they never drop the song, it's really that simple. It's a very good tune and one of their most well known, it's completely understandable as to why they play it all the time.

I don't get the hate some have for Fuel either. Have you ever seen that song live? It rocks as hard as anything else they play.

MetalIsArt
02-24-2013, 05:20 AM
Yep, it's heavy as fuck live. People just don't like it because they never drop the song, it's really that simple. It's a very good tune and one of their most well known, it's completely understandable as to why they play it all the time.

I don't get the hate some have for Fuel either. Have you ever seen that song live? It rocks as hard as anything else they play.

Both Load & Reload have good songs, especially the former.

AnthG
02-24-2013, 06:30 AM

Sad But True i'm all for not hating since it's a good-but-overplayed song. Fuel, on the other hand, sucks.

MetalIsArt
02-24-2013, 06:36 AM
Sad But True i'm all for not hating since it's a good-but-overplayed song. Fuel, on the other hand, sucks.

Funny thing about them true methulfans that say "FUEL SUCKZ" is that they never say why.

leglessmoof
02-24-2013, 08:01 AM
Funny thing about them true methulfans that say "FUEL SUCKZ" is that they never say why.
Probably because of this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLGYi_43glo

Personally, I think it's decent live song, but I really don't like the studio version; I think it lacks a lot of the energy of the live version. As for the song itself, the opening riff is great, but the verse and chorus riffs are forgettable. And the lyrics are silly, especially the intro (see above video), and the chorus.

El Gordo
02-24-2013, 08:21 AM

Funny thing about them Metallica fanboys too...

Fuel is a shitty song, is that reason enough?

I've never liked Sad But True because it's so plodding, but I get why some people like it. Definitely not one of my favourites.

MetalIsArt
02-24-2013, 08:40 AM
Funny thing about them Metallica fanboys too...

Fuel is a shitty song, is that reason enough?

I've never liked Sad But True because it's so plodding, but I get why some people like it. Definitely not one of my favourites.

Yep, I like em. But I'm not a fanboy.

El Gordo
02-24-2013, 03:56 PM
Yep, I like em. But I'm not a fanboy.

I respectfully disagree.

mankvill
02-24-2013, 04:26 PM
Fuel was the first Metallica song where I was like GOD DAMN THIS RIPS so I'll always love it.

toolfansat
02-24-2013, 04:36 PM
I think Fuel is a great live tune also.

IrritatedTrout
02-24-2013, 04:41 PM
I like Fuel and it got a great reaction the one time I've seen Metallica but they play it too often.

MetalIsArt
02-25-2013, 12:39 AM
I respectfully disagree.

Because I dare to say I like Load and a lot of other "later" stuff?

Please.