PDA

View Full Version : PS4 Announced

hinder5050
02-20-2013, 06:36 PM
the ps4 was annouced today the game so far are Deep Down - Capcom,Destiny Bungie,Diablo III Blizzard ,DriveClub Evolution Studios,Infamous: Second Son Sucker Punch,Killzone: Shadow Fall Guerilla Games,Knack Sony Santa Monica,Watch Dogs Ubisoft,The Witness Jonathon Blow,Unannounced Final Fantasy Game Square Enix,Unannounced Quantic Dream Project,Unannounced Media Molecule Game
credit to gameinformer all the games.

brutal_descent
02-20-2013, 06:41 PM
So is Watch Dogs PS4-only or also available for PS3?

hinder5050
02-20-2013, 07:15 PM
i think both xbox and sony its just one of the launch titles annouced i know blizzard and sony worked a out exclusive deal super excited for diablo 3 on
ps4 cause i have a really old computer

adamclark52
02-20-2013, 07:30 PM
I told myself that only a Mass Effect or Final Fantasy game would make me buy it at launch. I hope it's just a side-game because I wanted to wait at least a year. Even if it was Final Fantasy XV I could probably wait a year. I'm betting it's a console port of Final Fantasy XIV.

dcmetal108
02-20-2013, 07:46 PM
So is Watch Dogs PS4-only or also available for PS3?

Its on Wii-U as well.

BloodoftheKings
02-20-2013, 08:01 PM
A new Infamous game? I guess it's gonna be with a different protagonist. Making a continuation of Cole's story wouldn't make any sense.

hinder5050
02-20-2013, 08:02 PM
Its on Wii-U as well.

had no idea i only use my wii u for exclusives now that the ps4 is coming also theres supposed to be a new batman arkham game this year would love to see that on ps4

Epidemic Reign
02-21-2013, 02:11 AM
Being an Xbox guy, I'm glad to hear that Sony is opting to be the guinea pig.

kalfitegrdan
02-21-2013, 02:36 AM

:lol: Yeah, this.

I hope Watch Dogs is on 360. One of the few recent games that actually piqued my interest.

ravenheart
02-21-2013, 03:26 AM

Yep.

I hope Watch Dogs is on 360

It is.

dcmetal108
02-21-2013, 08:13 AM
Watch Dogs and Diablo 3 interest me but after they see the poor sales Diablo will draw on PS4 it'll go to xbox, and maybe even wii u.

Sinister_Chalupa666
02-21-2013, 12:04 PM

Funny thing about that is Sony only revealed not even half of what the console could do and the specs. They pretty much set up a tease and will show everything at E3 to blow microsoft away.

If I were you I would be pretty scared since Microsoft will maybe show everything they have too early in fear of losing and possibly blocking used games.

anomynous
02-21-2013, 12:09 PM
If I were you I would be pretty scared since Microsoft will maybe show everything they have too early in fear of losing and possibly blocking used games.

Come on now.

Not only was the blocking used games rumored for both consoles, Sony actually patented technology to do it.

John The Drummer
02-21-2013, 12:16 PM
Im happy with my 360, shit, im still happy with SNES, I really dont care to have any more :)

Sinister_Chalupa666
02-21-2013, 12:33 PM
Come on now.

Not only was the blocking used games rumored for both consoles, Sony actually patented technology to do it.

It's already been confirmed by Sony that they aren't blocking used games <_>

anomynous
02-21-2013, 02:12 PM
http://kotaku.com/5986055/sony-wed-like-a-straight-answer-about-this-used-games-stuff

seems to be as vague as possible in regards to used games

mankvill
02-21-2013, 02:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rJDn0jRnUQ&feature=youtu.be

elturtleboy
02-21-2013, 02:55 PM
right when i was about to save up for a PS3 :(

John The Drummer
02-21-2013, 03:12 PM
I really don't see where else the video game industry can go after these next gen consoles. The Xbox is practically a computer now with all the apps and whatnot, the graphics are going to be as real as real can get without having actual people in games... there really isn't much more new and exciting that can be brought to the table.

SomewhereInTime72
02-25-2013, 05:09 PM
I am not sure people feel like getting new consoles, generally speaking. We are at a point of significantly diminishing returns in terms of improvements in graphics and capabilities in terms of things worth caring about. Most people seem to be content with what they have from this generation. The Wii-U is selling very poorly. I don't expect the PS4 to do much differently. :hmm:

adamclark52
02-25-2013, 05:25 PM
I agree that there isn't a need for a new system but I don't think they'll sell poorly. Eventually they'll stop making new games for PS3 and I'll have no choice but to buy PS4.

Twenty years ago my dad said "why would we buy a new Nintendo, we have a hundred games for the one we have". A year later they released a new Zelda for SNES and he bought a SNES.

Sinister_Chalupa666
02-25-2013, 06:37 PM
The thing is Sony NEEDED to make a new console. They fucked up so bad with the PS3. Though it was a great system developers had so much trouble making games for it and a lot of 3rd party games were crap on it. Great example? Skyrim. It was so hard to make on the PS3 that it was buggy, broke, freezing, and they even decided not to make the DLC for it.

Sony learned and they went to the developers for help to help them make a great system. The PS4 is that system and you will see that the developers will choose that over the new Xbox any day. They will make the game on PS4 and port it to the new xbox and so forth like they did this generation. Sony said they wanted to go all out for next gen and destroy Microsoft. So far they threw the first punch heard around the world and now it's Microsoft's turn to punch back...if they can :D

Epidemic Reign
02-25-2013, 08:55 PM
Funny thing about that is Sony only revealed not even half of what the console could do and the specs. They pretty much set up a tease and will show everything at E3 to blow microsoft away.

Honestly, I don't think that Microsoft will try to compete with the PS4 right off the bat. They just released Halo 4 a few months ago and a new Gears of War game is right around the corner. Those are Microsoft's two biggest exclusive franchises. I'm willing to bet that they'll hold off until one or both is ready for another installment, say holiday season 2014 at the earliest.

Dextrimental
02-26-2013, 08:49 AM
Sony really set the standard with that announcement. Practically the whole event was focused on gaming, and how they are pushing it forward. Microsoft need to announce something pretty spectacular to compete. Destiny being on ps4 is a big blow to Microsoft since it's two big franchises, GoW and Halo, are both getting a little tired in the public eye.

This generation had some serious room for improvement, the 360 and ps3 were TERRIBLE for broken games, exclusive updates, consoles failing and just about everything else. Disastrous.

Alduin
03-05-2013, 09:57 AM
Great example? Skyrim. It was so hard to make on the PS3 that it was buggy, broke, freezing, and they even decided not to make the DLC for it.

you do realize that the dlc is now out on ps3 right?

TheWildAndTheYoung
06-19-2013, 01:10 PM
I will definitely be getting PS4, but not until like April/May of next year, whenever Elder Scrolls Online comes out.I got Battlefield 4, COD: Ghost, and Kingdom Hearts HD Remix to keep me occupied until then.Xbox One is going to be a piece of junk in my opinion, considering A) needs an Internet connection (which sometimes mine gets jacked), B) needs a Kinect hooked up at all times, C) won't have Destiny or Kingdom Hearts 3,and finally D) its $100 more.Sure, you have people that will say "It's only a $100 more!", but today's economy is definitely not in my families favor.And if you still have to pay for online for Xbox, that is even more of a reason not to buy it.I don't care what anybody says, but 95% of the people who are going to buy an Xbox One are Xbox fan boys/girls, and are just trying to fool themselves into thinking that it is a great system.I have many Xbox user friends that are switching to Sony, so it's not just my opinion taken into thought here.Microsoft is just a extremely greedy company, no matter what anyone says.The Xbox One is now more like an entertainment system that supports games, unlike PS4 which is going to be a gaming system that supports DVDs, I would much rather have a system that focuses on gaming more.The controller for Xbox One is basically the same old same old, but the PS4 controller sees the traditional controller evolving into a new thing.Bottom line, PS4 is going to be the winner of this competition.

Bengals279
06-19-2013, 01:12 PM
I will definitely be getting PS4, but not until like April/May of next year, whenever Elder Scrolls Online comes out.I got Battlefield 4, COD: Ghost, and Kingdom Hearts HD Remix to keep me occupied until then.Xbox One is going to be a piece of junk in my opinion, considering A) needs an Internet connection (which sometimes mine gets jacked), B) needs a Kinect hooked up at all times, C) won't have Destiny or Kingdom Hearts 3,and finally D) its $100 more.Sure, you have people that will say "It's only a $100 more!", but today's economy is definitely not in my families favor.And if you still have to pay for online for Xbox, that is even more of a reason not to buy it.I don't care what anybody says, but 95% of the people who are going to buy an Xbox One are Xbox fan boys/girls, and are just trying to fool themselves into thinking that it is a great system.I have many Xbox user friends that are switching to Sony, so it's not just my opinion taken into thought here.Microsoft is just a extremely greedy company, I don't care what anyone says.The Xbox One is now more like an entertainment system that supports games, unlike PS4 which is going to be a gaming system that supports DVDs, I would much rather have a system that focuses on gaming more.The controller for Xbox One is basically the same old same old, but the PS4 controller sees the traditional controller evolving into a new thing.Bottom line, PS4 is going to be the winner of this competition.

Go read the xbox one thread. Some stuff changed

TheWildAndTheYoung
06-19-2013, 01:16 PM
Go read the xbox one thread. Some stuff changed

OK so you don't need a internet connection, but that doesn't change the rest of the problems

mankvill
06-19-2013, 01:29 PM
I will definitely be getting PS4, but not until like April/May of next year, whenever Elder Scrolls Online comes out.I got Battlefield 4, COD: Ghost, and Kingdom Hearts HD Remix to keep me occupied until then.Xbox One is going to be a piece of junk in my opinion, considering A) needs an Internet connection (which sometimes mine gets jacked), B) needs a Kinect hooked up at all times, C) won't have Destiny or Kingdom Hearts 3,and finally D) its $100 more.Sure, you have people that will say "It's only a $100 more!", but today's economy is definitely not in my families favor.And if you still have to pay for online for Xbox, that is even more of a reason not to buy it.I don't care what anybody says, but 95% of the people who are going to buy an Xbox One are Xbox fan boys/girls, and are just trying to fool themselves into thinking that it is a great system.I have many Xbox user friends that are switching to Sony, so it's not just my opinion taken into thought here.Microsoft is just a extremely greedy company, no matter what anyone says.The Xbox One is now more like an entertainment system that supports games, unlike PS4 which is going to be a gaming system that supports DVDs, I would much rather have a system that focuses on gaming more.The controller for Xbox One is basically the same old same old, but the PS4 controller sees the traditional controller evolving into a new thing.Bottom line, PS4 is going to be the winner of this competition.

I am going to refute almost everything you just said

1. Does not need an Internet connection. The first time you turn it on you need a connection, then you'll never need to connect the Xbone to the internet again.

2. Destiny and Kingdom Hearts 3 are multiplat. So is FFXV.

3. Kinect voice and camera commands can be turned off, just like they can be now.

4. Xbox One has a deal that you can buy one game and share it digitally with up to ten people. It's called a "family plan" but it can be any 10 Xbox Live users.

5. Xbox Live is now offering three free game downloads a month.

6. PS4 is making online multiplayer a PS+ requirement, so it's not free anymore.

7. Any guest account on an Xbox One console where the main account has Xbox Live also have Xbox Live access.

So yeah, someone needs to stop fanboying.

TheWildAndTheYoung
06-19-2013, 01:45 PM

1. Does not need an Internet connection. The first time you turn it on you need a connection, then you'll never need to connect the Xbone to the internet again.

2. Destiny and Kingdom Hearts 3 are multiplat. So is FFXV.

3. Kinect voice and camera commands can be turned off, just like they can be now.

4. Xbox One has a deal that you can buy one game and share it digitally with up to ten people. It's called a "family plan" but it can be any 10 Xbox Live users.

5. Xbox Live is now offering three free game downloads a month.

6. PS4 is making online multiplayer a PS+ requirement, so it's not free anymore.

7. Any guest account on an Xbox One console where the main account has Xbox Live also have Xbox Live access.

So yeah, someone needs to stop fanboying.

Take your own advice, it will be good for you.Microsoft sucks no matter what they do anyway.

mankvill
06-19-2013, 01:50 PM
Take your own advice, it will be good for you.Microsoft sucks no matter what they do anyway.

Are you listening to yourself? I said that I would be getting the PS4 until Microsoft addressed their draconian DRM policies, and guess what? They did. So now the Xbox One is the clear cut choice to me. And I can give you actual reasons as to why it is, and not just "OMG MICROSOFT SUCKS >:( "

Sinister_Chalupa666
06-19-2013, 01:53 PM

1. Does not need an Internet connection. The first time you turn it on you need a connection, then you'll never need to connect the Xbone to the internet again. correct

2. Destiny and Kingdom Hearts 3 are multiplat. So is FFXV. correct

3. Kinect voice and camera commands can be turned off, just like they can be now. the kinect will always be on no matter what

4. Xbox One has a deal that you can buy one game and share it digitally with up to ten people. It's called a "family plan" but it can be any 10 Xbox Live users. lolnope

5. Xbox Live is now offering three free game downloads a month. from games that came out 5 years ago <_>

6. PS4 is making online multiplayer a PS+ requirement, so it's not free anymore. correct but PS+ is insanely better deal than Live already

7. Any guest account on an Xbox One console where the main account has Xbox Live also have Xbox Live access. hasnt this been going on forever? lol

So yeah, someone needs to stop fanboying. fanboy calling another a fanboy

mankvill
06-19-2013, 02:00 PM
fanboy calling another a fanboy

I don't see how it's fanboying when I'm stating facts and I still acknowledge what's wrong with the console.

The Kinect commands CAN be turned off. There was this big fucking hullabaloo not too long ago about people freaking out that people could run in the room and shout "XBOX OFF!" and shut their shit down, but the Kinect is like the Kinect now and you can disable that.

Also PS+ gives away free games from 5 years ago too, so I dunno what you're trying to say. Free shit is free shit.

Dunno how PS+ is a better deal than Xbox Live. They both cost about the same and Microsoft's servers have never been hacked and had all their users information leaked, so... :3c

As for the family plan, it looks like they're discontinuing that because of their reversed DRM. Would've been awesome but it doesn't take away from anything now that it's not in there anymore.

And about the guests being able to play on Xbox Live - that's not how it is. I have guest accounts on my Xbox that can't play multiplayer or download things because they're just guest accounts. It'll be great for families to have one account with Xbox Live and several other accounts that all get the benefits of Xbox Live for free.

smearCampaign
06-19-2013, 02:15 PM
*rabble rabble*

Let's argue about electronics that aren't available to the public yet based on corporate press releases!

:lame:

It's just video games guys, don't lose too much sleep over it. It's nothing super important like glam metal or k-pop. ;)

edit: No matter what console you have or plan on getting Watch Dogs looks really cool.

mankvill
06-19-2013, 02:19 PM
*rabble rabble*

Let's argue about electronics that aren't available to the public yet based on corporate press releases!

:lame:

It's just video games guys, don't lose too much sleep over it. It's nothing super important like glam metal or k-pop. ;)

edit: No matter what console you have or plan on getting Watch Dogs looks really cool.

SNSD objectively stomps all over glam metal. This is fact can it cannot be refuted.

Sinister_Chalupa666
06-19-2013, 02:21 PM
I don't see how it's fanboying when I'm stating facts and I still acknowledge what's wrong with the console.

The Kinect commands CAN be turned off. There was this big fucking hullabaloo not too long ago about people freaking out that people could run in the room and shout "XBOX OFF!" and shut their shit down, but the Kinect is like the Kinect now and you can disable that.

Also PS+ gives away free games from 5 years ago too, so I dunno what you're trying to say. Free shit is free shit.

Dunno how PS+ is a better deal than Xbox Live. They both cost about the same and Microsoft's servers have never been hacked and had all their users information leaked, so... :3c

As for the family plan, it looks like they're discontinuing that because of their reversed DRM. Would've been awesome but it doesn't take away from anything now that it's not in there anymore.

And about the guests being able to play on Xbox Live - that's not how it is. I have guest accounts on my Xbox that can't play multiplayer or download things because they're just guest accounts. It'll be great for families to have one account with Xbox Live and several other accounts that all get the benefits of Xbox Live for free.

the commands can be turned off BUT THE CAMERA CAN'T. The camera is running at all times no matter what you turn off.

They give away games from 5 years ago, a year ago, months ago, and all sorts of stuff. There is a reason why xbox is copying PS+ with that ;)

PS+ is better cause you get at least over $1000 in free shit every year and on top of that you get discounts and more. If you think xbox hasn't been hacked or user info hasn't been leaked you are a blind sheep. that shit is hacked and leaked on the daily but M$ wont tell you about it. Like a month or two ago Live went down and people didn't know why. They got hacked and had over couple thousand of peoples info posted on a online forum. Take off the shades boy :3

ShatteredFlame
06-19-2013, 02:25 PM
I don't even play online games but PS+ is worth every penny. Tons of quality games and huge discounts on everything.

orlandodavis
06-19-2013, 02:29 PM
Dreamcast4life.

mankvill
06-19-2013, 02:33 PM
0 in free shit every year and on top of that you get discounts and more. If you think xbox hasn't been hacked or user info hasn't been leaked you are a blind sheep. that shit is hacked and leaked on the daily but M$ wont tell you about it. Like a month or two ago Live went down and people didn't know why. They got hacked and had over couple thousand of peoples info posted on a online forum. Take off the shades boy :3

don't you have an Alex Jones radio broadcast to be listening to, indestructible?