PDA

View Full Version : Danzig 25th Anniversary Tour

RampinUp46
02-14-2013, 12:05 PM
Sorry if this is a duplicate thread.

All dates will feature Danzig plus Danzig and Doyle performing the music of the Misfits.

Special Guests on these US dates are COC and The Agonist.

Wednesday, April 17- Las Vegas, NV- House of Blues
Friday, April 19- Denver, CO- Ogden Theater
Saturday, April 20- Albuquerque, NM- Sunshine Theater
Monday, April 22- Austin, TX- Stubb’s
Tuesday, April 23- Corpus Christi, TX- Concrete Street
Wednesday, April 24- Dallas, TX- Palladium
Friday, April 26- Phoenix, AZ- Marquee Theater
Saturday, April 27- Pomona, CA- Fox Theater
Sunday, April 28- Ventura, CA- Ventura Theater

Fan presales start Friday, February 15 at noon local time.
Use this link: http://tixx1.artistarena.com/danzig/

General onsale information will be coming very soon Check back here for exact onsale dates and times.

dcmetal108
02-14-2013, 01:01 PM
I'm thinking there will be more dates.

natureboy
02-14-2013, 01:27 PM
Facebook post said:

"Announcing the first leg of the Danzig 25th Anniversary Tour."

Jochen
02-14-2013, 02:18 PM
Thank God this is just the first leg. Blackest Of The Black will probably be the second. The set for his 20th Anniversary was amazing, I'm sure this will be too.

elturtleboy
02-14-2013, 03:36 PM
I NEED TO GO. I CAN'T MISS DANZIG DOING MIFITS ANYMORE

RampinUp46
02-14-2013, 05:29 PM
I NEED TO GO. I CAN'T MISS DANZIG DOING MIFITS ANYMORE

At least YOU got a full Danzig doing Misfits set. :hmm:

elturtleboy
02-14-2013, 07:45 PM
At least YOU got a full Danzig doing Misfits set! :hmm:

What u talking about? Both times i saw Danzig it was JUST danzig. Only times I heard Misfits was from Jerry Lonely and some all girl tribute band.

twocentsup
02-14-2013, 08:20 PM
HOLY. SHIT.
I've missed Danzig too many times but The Misfits aspect means I HAVE TO GO TO THIS. Dallas, I'll be in you on the 24th of April.

P.S. COC AS IN CORROSION OF CONFORMITY!?!?
If they're truly the opener, this is the best news to receive after a shitty day at work.

RampinUp46
02-14-2013, 09:14 PM
What u talking about? Both times i saw Danzig it was JUST danzig. Only times I heard Misfits was from Jerry Lonely and some all girl tribute band.

http://www.punknews.org/article/45085/account-of-danzigs-fun-fun-fun-fest-appearance-emerges

This is what I'm talking about.

And by you, I meant you in the plural sense (as in your city). Didn't mean for it to sound confrontational; sorry man.

elturtleboy
02-14-2013, 10:27 PM
http://www.punknews.org/article/45085/account-of-danzigs-fun-fun-fun-fest-appearance-emerges

And by you, I meant you in the plural sense (as in your city). Didn't mean for it to sound confrontational; sorry man.

That was in texas

P.S. COC AS IN CORROSION OF CONFORMITY!?!?
If they're truly the opener, this is the best news to receive after a shitty day at work.

The one and only!:party:

natureboy
02-15-2013, 07:38 AM

And by you, I meant you in the plural sense (as in your city).

Then go to this:

http://stubbsaustin.com/events/the-25th-anniversary-of-danzig-plus-danzig-with-doyle-and-special-guests-corrosion-of-conformity-and-the-agonist/

adamclark52
02-15-2013, 08:51 AM
Danzig's on my bucket list for concerts, I hope this comes to Toronto.

twocentsup
02-18-2013, 09:21 AM
somehow didn't realize this was on my girlfriend's birthday.
don't see this happening now. haha.

natureboy
02-18-2013, 11:23 AM
somehow didn't realize this was on my girlfriend's birthday.
don't see this happening now. haha.

That happened to me with a different concert earlier this year. I sent her a calendar invite (letting her know I'd be at a show) and she replied "so you are going to a concert without me on my birthday?" Whoops.

twocentsup
02-18-2013, 11:25 AM
I jokingly invited her to the Danzig show (because it's not her kind of thing at all) and told her the date and pretty much the same thing happened to me. haha.

christopher
02-18-2013, 11:43 AM
That happened to me with a different concert earlier this year. I sent her a calendar invite (letting her know I'd be at a show) and she replied "so you are going to a concert without me on my birthday?" Whoops.

A similar thing happened to me last year. Hank III was playing the night before my gf's birthday. I got a ticket thinking I'd be fine but she ended up wanting to celebrate that night, so I was screwed. :lol:

PVH5150
02-18-2013, 11:46 AM
Saw Danzig in 2010 at the HOB in Boston. It was disappointing at best. If/when east coast dates are announced, it would take at least COC opening again to get me there.

elturtleboy
02-18-2013, 03:54 PM
I missed a free show with The Accused,Cancer Bats,and Cruel Hand for an ex gf's bday. To this day im still very pissed off about it.

Coma323
02-18-2013, 04:23 PM
Saw Danzig in 2010 at the HOB in Boston. It was disappointing at best. If/when east coast dates are announced, it would take at least COC opening again to get me there.
That was the same night of Isis at the Paradise I believe. Hence me not seeing Danzig...

ravenheart
02-19-2013, 02:11 AM
More dates:

JUNE
14-16 Seinajoki, Finland - Provinssirock Festival
19 - Manchester, England - Academy
20 - Wolverhampton, England - Civic Hall
23 Clisson, France - Hellfest
24 - London, England - Roundhouse

Might have to go to Manchester...

adamclark52
05-08-2013, 12:38 AM
Not sure if there's another tour starting up but Danzig is booked to play Toronto on August 9th. Since that's a Friday I WILL BE GOING!!!!!

I don't care if Danzig is a prick or pulls out tired sets or if Warbringer is opening; Danzig is a bucket-list band for me!!!!! On-sale next Saturday (I think) the 18th, which is some douchebag I knows birthday.

No openers yet, thirty dollars and at the Sound Academy for another other Torontonians here.

adamclark52
05-08-2013, 12:44 AM
Not sure if there's another tour starting up but Danzig is booked to play Toronto on August 9th. Since that's a Friday I WILL BE GOING!!!!!

I don't care if Danzig is a prick or pulls out tired sets or if Warbringer is opening; Danzig is a bucket-list band for me!!!!! On-sale next Saturday (I think) the 18th, which is some douchebag I knows birthday.

No openers yet, thirty dollars and at the Sound Academy for another other Torontonians here.

Scratch the on-sale date, I just got a ticket!!!!!!!!!!

If this turns out to be a show with Doyle or any Misfits-ness I will probably cry.

Kalsah
05-08-2013, 01:18 PM
^ Heavy MTL has it listed as Danzig with Doyle the next day.

Bergman101
05-08-2013, 11:25 PM
I missed a free show with The Accused,Cancer Bats,and Cruel Hand for an ex gf's bday. To this day im still very pissed off about it.

You fucked up dude.

christopher
05-08-2013, 11:35 PM
Scratch the on-sale date, I just got a ticket!!!!!!!!!!

If this turns out to be a show with Doyle or any Misfits-ness I will probably cry.

Playing with Doyle is making him more money nowadays than just solo, so I'm sure you'll get a Misfits set :D

Travis The Dragon
06-27-2013, 02:37 PM
Myth
JUST ANNOUNCED: DANZIG 25th Anniversary Show With Special Guest DOYLE

Danzig
with
Doyle

And other special guests TBA

Saturday, August 17th || All Ages Event

Tickets On Sale Saturday, June 29th at 10:00 am

http://mythlive.com/event/danzig-with-doyle-on-sale-saturday-june-29th-at-1000-am

ravenheart
06-27-2013, 03:16 PM
AUGUST
9 FRI. - TORONTO, CANADA SOUND ACADEMY
10 SAT.- MONTREAL, CANADA HEAVY MTL FESTIVAL
13 TUES.- BETHLEHEM, PA. EVENT CENTRE
14 WED.- COLOMBUS, OH. NEWPORT THEATRE
16 FRI. - CHICAGO, ILL. CONGRESS THEATRE
17 SAT.- MINNIAPOLIS, MN. THE MYTH
18 SUN.- LINCOLN, NE. BOURBON THEATRE
20 TUES.- S.L.C., UT. SALT AIR
21 WED. - BOISE, ID. REVOLUTION CENTER
22 THURS.- PORTLAND, OR. ROSELAND
24 SAT.- CALGARY, AB. FLAMES CENTRAL
25 SUN.- EDMONTON, AB. UNION HALL
27 TUES.- VANCOUVER, BC. COMMODORE
28 WED. - SEATTLE, WA. SODO
30 FRI.- LOS ANGELES, CA. GIBSON AMPHITHEATRE
31 SAT.- PHOENIX, AZ. MARQUEE THEATRE

PVH5150
06-27-2013, 05:12 PM
Sands Bethlehem & Gibson Amphitheater? It ain't 1988 anymore. Didn't come close to selling out the House of Blues here in 2010, which is less than half the size of those.

ravenheart
07-03-2013, 07:51 AM
Huntress and Scar The Martyr opening these dates.

metallicbrian666
07-03-2013, 10:20 AM
Terrible support but fuck it.

Won't be able to top Legacy but it'll be a good ol time

I got tickets from their preorder thing, was 40.50 after fees. Not sure how much I really saved, I assume like 5 bucks

dcmetal108
07-03-2013, 03:43 PM
I'm like 99% sure the Chicago show will either be cancelled or moved to a smaller venue because Congress Theater can't host shows.

ravenheart
07-03-2013, 04:39 PM
Terrible support but fuck it.

I quite like what I've heard of Scar The Martyr.

MPF
07-03-2013, 04:49 PM
It's really hard to knock a band before they release a song. Almost, if not all teh hate for Scar The Martyr is because Joey Jordison is in it.

After they release a single, then go ahead and hate it if you do't like it. But to hate it before you hear it is quite asinine.

PVH5150
07-03-2013, 04:50 PM
Fuck that, Huntress is awesome.

MPF
07-03-2013, 04:53 PM
Fuck that, Huntress is awesome.

Not live.

The first time I saw them, she passed out drunk on stage the night before, and was "recovering" when I saw them saying she had a bad headache.

the next time I saw them was just as equally sub par.

I haven't had a chance to fully digest the new album, but the vocals are ruining it for me. Something tells me they will end up like In This Moment.

christopher
07-03-2013, 05:00 PM
I watched a video they posted on youtube for Scar the Martyr. I'm down to give it a chance, but I'm sure it will be bad. They said they got a singer with an amazing voice, then the singer proceeded to do a kick sample and it was awful.

ravenheart
07-03-2013, 05:08 PM
I watched a video they posted on youtube for Scar the Martyr. I'm down to give it a chance, but I'm sure it will be bad. They said they got a singer with an amazing voice, then the singer proceeded to do a kick sample and it was awful.

I know what you mean, but how many singers sound awesome unaccompanied? Fuck all, is the correct answer.

es156
07-03-2013, 06:59 PM
I'm like 99% sure the Chicago show will either be cancelled or moved to a smaller venue because Congress Theater can't host shows.

Structural problems and they lost their liquor license, ha ha. That place sucks. I hope they close the place for good. 80 years ago it was probably a beautiful theater but now it is probably the worst venue in Chicago.

Also, Sabbath is playing Chicago on the same night...

dcmetal108
07-03-2013, 07:33 PM
Structural problems and they lost their liquor license, ha ha. That place sucks. I hope they close the place for good. 80 years ago it was probably a beautiful theater but now it is probably the worst venue in Chicago.

The city is trying really hard to shut them down for good because they gave the venue like 130 violations. To stay open they would have to invest millions into the place.

kalfitegrdan
07-03-2013, 08:05 PM
Not live.

The first time I saw them, she passed out drunk on stage the night before, and was "recovering" when I saw them saying she had a bad headache.

the next time I saw them was just as equally sub par.

I haven't had a chance to fully digest the new album, but the vocals are ruining it for me. Something tells me they will end up like In This Moment.

Man, I wish I was in the venue when she was all drunk on stage. Sadly, I was still in line. Apparently it was hilarious though. :lol:

Jochen
07-03-2013, 09:23 PM

There's my dilemma. I already got Sabbath tickets, but I think Danzig shows are better. But, I'm sure I'll have more chances to see Danzig (and nothing will top the Legacy show). Plus, this could be Sabbath's last tour. If I really wanted to, I could catch Danzig in MN the following night.

adamclark52
07-04-2013, 01:07 AM
At least Doyle will be there?

And, you know, DANZIG!

MPF
07-04-2013, 08:32 PM
The show in MN is the same night as Wintersun. Unfortunately the Wintersun show here is all but canceled because they can't find another venue to play in since Station 4 is closed down.

So I'll be there. Gotta support Kris and Jed in Scar The Martyr, if nothing else.

Cross Face Chicken Wing
07-04-2013, 08:53 PM
The show in MN is the same night as Wintersun. Unfortunately the Wintersun show here is all but canceled because they can't find another venue to play in since Station 4 is closed down.

So I'll be there. Gotta support Kris and Jed in Scar The Martyr, if nothing else.

Hopefully the stage is big enough for Mr. Danzig this time.

MPF
07-04-2013, 09:11 PM
Hopefully the stage is big enough for Mr. Danzig this time.

Odds are, no. :lol:

Jochen
08-13-2013, 09:13 PM
Great news (for me), the Congress Theater show is rescheduled for September 13 (Friday the 13th!) as part of Riot Fest.

dcmetal108
08-13-2013, 09:55 PM
Great news (for me), the Congress Theater show is rescheduled for September 13 (Friday the 13th!) as part of Riot Fest.

I'm happy about that. Only furthers my stance too that Congress Theater will never have another show.