PDA

View Full Version : Devin Townsend Project -- Detroit, MI -- February 10th, 2013

lowestform
02-12-2013, 01:48 PM
More!
Kingdom
Planet of the Apes
Truth
Lucky Animals
Juular
Grace

Never posted a set on here before, hope I got it right since I know everyone is pretty particular. As soon as he kicked off with More! I knew our set was different from what I'd been reading.

The Atlas Moth was pretty good. Heard a little of their stuff before and recognized a couple songs. Gojira was really good. Pretty solid setlist (same as the other shows.) Devin was awesome, I'm a huge fan, I wish he played more than 7 songs and I was bummed he didn't play Supercrush, but he's still always a lot of fun.

GarageMetal468
02-12-2013, 01:52 PM
That Devin set is the same on as Chicago last night, except we got War instead of Truth. Is Chicago the only date to have gotten that so far?

TheNobleFaceHumper
02-12-2013, 03:28 PM
That Devin set is the same on as Chicago last night, except we got War instead of Truth. Is Chicago the only date to have gotten that so far?

St Pete, FL got Truth instead of War also.

HugeRockStar
02-13-2013, 08:34 AM
I'm sad that he's decided to take out Liberation, I would think that would be a really good live tune. I'd prefer that than More.

MPF
02-13-2013, 10:58 AM
I'm sad that he's decided to take out Liberation, I would think that would be a really good live tune. I'd prefer that than More.

I told Devin that on the first night of the tour and he agreed with me. Liberation is the perfect opener, and Grace is the perfect closer.

TheNobleFaceHumper
02-13-2013, 02:12 PM
I told Devin that on the first night of the tour and he agreed with me. Liberation is the perfect opener, and Grace is the perfect closer.

When's the last time they played The Mighty Masterbator live? Even though I know they'd have to be on a headlining tour to even think about playing it.

I think Lberation would have been awesome right after Supercrush.

MPF
02-13-2013, 11:35 PM
When's the last time they played The Mighty Masterbator live? Even though I know they'd have to be on a headlining tour to even think about playing it.

I think Liberation would have been awesome right after Supercrush.

Not since By A Thread, although in Australia they did the middle section for a couple shows back in 2011.

I think just because of the sentiment "NOW IT'S TIME TO FORGET ALL THE BULLSHIT AND ROCK!" That is how you start a set!