PDA

View Full Version : Shinedown -- Nashville, TN -- February 8th, 2013

NickLed19
02-08-2013, 08:59 PM
Great show!

3rd time seeing Shinedown and they were great as usual. The stage show just keeps getting better.

Enemies
Devour
Unity
Crow and The Butterfly
Save Me
I'll Follow You
Diamond Eyes
If You Only Knew
Amaryllis

Sound of Madness
Second Chance
Simple Man
Bully

Three Days Grace was ok, but not the same without Adam...and POD was solid as usual.

maidenpriest
02-09-2013, 12:46 AM
Stage show getting better, setlist and particualrly encores aren't. Like ending with Bully? really?...

NickLed19
02-09-2013, 01:08 AM
I left before Bully...that encore was more than weak. Besides Sound of Madness.

TheNobleFaceHumper
02-09-2013, 03:50 PM
Their shittiest song is their encore? lolwut

maidenpriest
02-09-2013, 04:43 PM
What I don't get is why they end their main set with 3 slowish songs? I will always be glad that 45 closes the set but Amaryllis and If You Only Knew before that? I'd be bored. Then you have one fast song in the encore in the Sound of Madness? They should be doing Fly from the Inside like normal. Or play Bully first in the encore and Sound of madness last.

velvetgrass
02-09-2013, 09:06 PM
This is a decent setlist. Initially, I was thinking about possibly getting tickets to the show of this tour in Madison, which took place last Saturday. But, I didn't in the end. Madison had the same setlist as this Nashville show. I'm really glad I got to see Shinedown in Milwaukee last April instead of a week ago in Madison because I got to see them play Fly From The Inside and Nowhere Kids. Actually, when I saw Shinedown they played every song on this setlist except I'll Follow You.

And sitting through Matt Walst singing with Three Days Grace would have been a bummer for me. Nothing against Matt or My Darkest Days, Adam Gontier was just one of my favorite modern rock singers so it's a difficult task for anyone to replace him adequately.

Back to Shinedown. Looking at previous comments in this thread, I don't have an issue with Bully being the last song. However, I wish they would add Breaking Inside to the set again at some point, as it is one of my favorite Shinedown songs and they haven't played it once thus far on the Amaryllis touring cycle.

NickLed19
02-09-2013, 09:31 PM
I just dislike the fact that they only play 3 songs from the first 2 records. 11/14 from the last 2 albums. Do they realize the first 2 albums are great?

MPF
02-09-2013, 09:47 PM
I just dislike the fact that they only play 3 songs from the first 2 records. 11/14 from the last 2 albums. Do they realize the first 2 albums are great?

No

TheNobleFaceHumper
02-10-2013, 12:45 AM
They seriously need to give Devour and Diamond Eyes a rest.

NickLed19
02-10-2013, 06:20 AM
Diamond Eyes is awesome. They need to give Crow and the Butterfly, and Simple Man a rest.

TheNobleFaceHumper
02-11-2013, 09:08 AM
Diamond Eyes is awesome. They need to give Crow and the Butterfly, and Simple Man a rest.

They should give all 4 a rest, and add I Dare You, Heroes, Left Out and Fly From The Inside.

hellawaits77ny
02-11-2013, 10:21 AM
I still need to see these guys live.

toolfansat
02-14-2013, 06:26 AM
I'm still trying to decide if this is worth $50 or not....