PDA

View Full Version : Unearth -- Detroit, MI -- February 5th, 2013

kevindeets
02-06-2013, 04:31 PM
This was the BROTHERS OF BRUTALITY tour w/ Obey The Brave, The Plot In You, Unearth, Emmure, and Whitechapel. Unearth is the only band whose songs I know.

I checked the Saint Andrews Hall facebook page before the show, and it said doors at 6pm, show 7pm. I walked in at 6:55, and Obey The Brave just finished. Dammit I REALLY wanted to see them! Oh well... next time.

The Plot In You was next. Meh. This was my 2nt time seeing them. IMO there's really nothing that separates them from the pack.

Unearth was next. The place went NUTS for them, especially during "Watch It Burn." That was amazing! They absolutely killed it. Setlist:

The Great Dividers
Watch It Burn
This Lying World
Endless
Eyes of Black
Giles
My Will Be Done

Emmure was up next. I've seen them a bunch of times. They were OK, but I'm not a huge fan.

The same can be said for the headliners Whitechapel. I thought they were good, but they certainly cannot follow Unearth in my opinion.

300%_Density
02-07-2013, 06:38 AM
I love Unearth but I can't ever tell when they play 7 songs if that's a support or a headlining set from them.

Nick_to_the_face
02-07-2013, 08:37 AM
Closing with My Will Be Done? No Black Hearts? That's definitely a huge meh for their setlist. Either way, they're always a fun show

Xenocide
02-07-2013, 10:25 AM
I love Unearth but I can't ever tell when they play 7 songs if that's a support or a headlining set from them.

Dude, tell me about it. I went to see them headline at Lupo's in Providence RI last year, with a bunch of bands opening, and they couldn't have played longer than 50 minutes. It was basically this guy's set plus maybe 3 more. I mean, I'm glad I got Zombie Autopilot, but I expected an hour to an hour and a half.

300%_Density
02-07-2013, 10:27 AM
Dude, tell me about it. I went to see them headline at Lupo's in Providence RI last year, with a bunch of bands opening, and they couldn't have played longer than 50 minutes. It was basically this guy's set plus maybe 3 more. I mean, I'm glad I got Zombie Autopilot, but I expected an hour to an hour and a half.

Yea, I remember them headlining in '09 I think and that's about what I remember getting is around 50 mins or so. They've got like 5 or 6 albums now and its not like any of them are even 40. No excuse they can't do longer.

mastodon421
02-07-2013, 10:38 AM
They played for an hour when I saw them headline at Wally's Pub in New Hampshire in 2011 (which is pretty much a marathon set for them), but yes I agree they really need to play longer sets. This tour it makes sense they are only playing 7 songs because they are opening, but headlining they have no excuse. Still one of the best live bands around though imo and I contemplated going to the Whitechapel show in Worcester pretty much solely to see them.

adamclark52
02-07-2013, 01:02 PM
Same thing at the co-headlining show with Chaimira in Toronto in November 2011. Chaimira went on first and played for probably seventy five minutes. Unearth went on next and barely played for an hour. And they were good.

W0unds
02-07-2013, 01:37 PM
Same thing at the co-headlining show with Chaimira in Toronto in November 2011. Chaimira went on first and played for probably seventy five minutes. Unearth went on next and barely played for an hour. And they were good.

I was at this show too. I remember thinking the advertised co-headliner show wasn't quite accurate given that Chimaira played first and then Unearth closed but seemed to play for half the time Chimaira did. They are still a killer live band but I would find it hard to justify paying to see them alone when you know you will get 40 minutes at best.

anomynous
02-07-2013, 01:50 PM
So Unearth is Anthrax Jr.?