The Great Escape
One More
Hunting Pirates
The Dnieper Rapids
Miklagard Overture
Stand Up and Fight
Sahti-Waari
Battle Metal

I had to sit through Stolen Babies to see these two bands. Some people liked them, but I just couldn't "get it." By the time they went off there were quite a few people there even though it was Super Bowl Sunday. The crowd's reaction to Firewind were kind of taken aback by how those dudes can shred! The new replacement vocalist didn't seem like the power metal type but he could still hit all the high notes as the other dude did.

When Turisas came on stage the whole crowd went crazy for them. In between songs the vocalist kept thanking us for coming out on Super Bowl Sunday so that was really cool of him. I'm just glad they had a good support on a day like that so hopefully they will come back! Oh and, Pagan Fest, we can get a large crowd for those type bands, last night was living proof of it! Anyways, Turisas only played 11 songs which was bummer, but they were still great as always!

Butcher of Birth
02-04-2013, 03:30 PM
Pretty short set, I hope they expand on it.

tenchimyo
02-04-2013, 09:07 PM
sweet, this give info that I want for tonight's VA show! Will report back and see if they do the same! I have a feeling I will.... agree... about stolen babies

VelvetHarry
02-05-2013, 05:34 AM
I love Turisas and they always give a stellar live performance, but this set is pretty standard. I think it's the same exact songs they played at Paganfest last year, just different order. Wish they'd vary it up a bit. I would love to see something like "Cursed Be Iron" live. Did they at least do all of "One More"? Last Spring they only played a stripped down version of the first verse and chorus.

tenchimyo
02-05-2013, 11:20 AM
I love Turisas and they always give a stellar live performance, but this set is pretty standard. I think it's the same exact songs they played at Paganfest last year, just different order. Wish they'd vary it up a bit. I would love to see something like "Cursed Be Iron" live. Did they at least do all of "One More"? Last Spring they only played a stripped down version of the first verse and chorus.
yeah its def like 95% the same songs as Paganfest it looks like :/

larvtard
02-05-2013, 02:51 PM
Should've gone to Terror :nonono:

;)

justinm4bama
02-05-2013, 04:03 PM
Should've gone to Terror :nonono:

;)

How was the Terror show? I was just by there the other day at The Local.

Spiner202
02-05-2013, 04:28 PM
For some reason, I really like this Firewind set. There's a lot of my favourite songs missing, but it's somehow much better than I expected.