PDA

View Full Version : My Top 100 Albums Of All Time

Pages : 1 [2]

TheWildAndTheYoung
03-16-2013, 07:51 PM
The least thrash song on the album :lol:

Yea true, but I can really relate to it so it has to be my favorite."For Whom The Bell Tolls" has to take second spot though.

TheWildAndTheYoung
03-18-2013, 10:05 AM
33.Nothing Is Sound - Switchfoot
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/615ZEbMuCsL._SS500_.jpg

Year Of Release: 2005

Tracklist:
1.Lonely Nation
2.Stars
3.Happy Is A Yuppie Word
4.The Shadow Proves The Sunshine
5.Easier Than Love
6.The Blues
7.The Setting Sun
8.Politicians
9.Golden
10.The Fatal Wound
11.We Are One Tonight
12.Daisy

Genre: Alternative Rock/Hard Rock

Remember when I said "The Outsiders" album was the biggest odd-ball on this list? well scratch that.This is the biggest odd-ball on this list, and really the only alternative album to make my top 100.Switchfoot was actually introduced to me when Bon Jovi was, and ever since then I have loved their music.I've also seen their live show about 7 times, and I can safely say their one of the best bands to see live, and I wish one day NEEDTOBREATHE and Switchfoot would tour together, oh that would be to much awesomeness to handle! This album is definitely Switchfoot's best, and probably heaviest and darkest as well.Jon Foreman's unique vocals fit well with Drew Shirley's and Jerome Fontamillas's sludgy guitars.Chad Butler handles the drums really well, and Tim Foreman remains as one of my favorite bass players.Highlights include the killer, in-your-face "Politicians", the more light hearted sing-along-song type track "We Are One Tonight", and the pumping opener "Lonely Nation".Everyone who hasn't already needs to at least check this album out.

Standout Track:
"Lonely Nation" http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/615ZEbMuCsL._SS500_.jpg

mankvill
03-18-2013, 11:13 AM
:hmm:

TheWildAndTheYoung
03-18-2013, 11:17 AM
:hmm:

problem?

dcmetal108
03-18-2013, 01:09 PM
yuck, Switchfoot.

TheWildAndTheYoung
03-18-2013, 01:25 PM
yuck, Switchfoot.
I can see why you would not like them, if it wasn't for their live shows I'd probably not like them either

theclansman1114
03-18-2013, 05:45 PM
34.Hall Of The Mountain King - Savatage
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/12621667/Hall+Of+The+Mountain+King.jpg

Year Of Release: 1987

Tracklist:
1.24 Hours Ago
2.Beyond The Doors Of The Dark
3.Legions
4.Strange Wings
5.Prelude To Madness
6.Hall Of The Mountain King
7.The Price You Pay
8.White Witch
9.Last Dawn
10.Devastation

Genre: Progressive Metal

I found about Savatage through Trans-Siberian Orchestra, and thought I'd check them out because I thought they would sound like TSO. Well, I was wrong, they sound way better.Not to say that TSO is bad, it's just with TSO I really only loved the instrumentals, but when I heard Jon Olivia's vocals the first time I knew he was a great singer.So I started digging deeper and fell in love with most of their albums (even Zachary's records).This album, while not their best in my opinion, is so incredibly awesome, with a good fantasy-story like vibe to it.Standouts include the breathtaking title-track, the killer opener "24 Hours Ago", and personnel favorite, the sometime overlooked "Strange Wings".A true progressive metal masterpiece.

Standout Track:
"Strange Wings" http://grooveshark.com/s/Strange+Wings/1ODIYx?src=5

PLEASE tell me you have more 'Tage in this list!!!

theclansman1114
03-18-2013, 05:46 PM
I can see why you would not like them, if it wasn't for their live shows I'd probably not like them either

Don't back down man. Defend your opinion. It is your list, not anyone else's.

TheWildAndTheYoung
03-18-2013, 06:12 PM
PLEASE tell me you have more 'Tage in this list!!!

There will be one more, but which one I will not reveal until the time comes....:horns:

TheWildAndTheYoung
03-18-2013, 06:13 PM
Don't back down man. Defend your opinion. It is your list, not anyone else's.
I wont, and thanks for backing me up.I do have to admit though if I never saw Switchfoot's live show I would not have been really interested in them

TheWildAndTheYoung
03-18-2013, 07:03 PM
32.III Sides To Every Story - Extreme
http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/b1/85/ea2c228348a0f23a0e303110.L.jpg

Year Of Release: 1992

Tracklist:
1.Warheads
2.Rest In Peace
3.Politicalamity
4.Color Me Blind
5.Cupid's Dead
6.Peacemaker Die
7.Seven Sundays
8.Tragic Comic
9.Our Father
10.Stop The World
11.God Isn't Dead?
12.Everything Under The Sun: I.Rise 'N Shine
13.Everything Under The Sun: II.Am I Ever Gonna Change
14.Everything Under The Sun: III.Who Cares?

Genre: Funk Metal/Hard Rock

Extreme shed all glam metal sounds they had (though they were few) on their third album, III Sides To Every Story.This album is just so perfect in every thinkable way.Astonishing production, awesome funk metal guitar licks, great meaning, incredible choruses, and much more.This album will definitely prove those who think Extreme are a glam metal band wrong.Gary Cherone's voice is perfect on this album, Nuno Bettencourt is king on the guitar as always, Pat Badger shows some pretty strong bass on this record, and Paul Geary adds stellar drum rhythms to the album.Standouts include the true funk feeling "Cupid's Dead", the awesome ballad "Stop The World", and the absolute best, the epic "Am I Ever Gonna Change".This album is just nothing but perfect, and it would be Extreme's best, if it weren't for one other album....

Standout Track:
"Am I Ever Gonna Change" http://grooveshark.com/s/Everything+Under+The+Sun+II+Am+I+Ever+Gonna+Change/3SO9Hn?src=5

TheWildAndTheYoung
03-19-2013, 01:52 PM
31.Detonator - Ratt
http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/67/71/6f51f0f9e7a0c202d0b88110.L.jpg

Year Of Release: 1990

Tracklist:
1.Intro To Shame
2.Shame, Shame, Shame
3.Lovin' Is A Dirty Job
4.Scratch That Itch
5.One Step Away
6.Hard Time
7.Heads I Win, Tails You Lose
8.All Or Nothing
9.Can't Wait On Love
10.Givin' Yourself Away
11.Top Secret

Genre: Glam Metal

Most people who like Ratt will say Out Of The Cellar is their best record, and even though that is a sick album, Detonator definitely tops it, and is one of the most underrated albums of all-time.This album see's Pearcy's vocals at their best, Warren and Crosby's guitars riffs are the best they have ever been as well.Bobby's drums and Juan's bass do as needed, not to flashy, but still strong.This album is just what all glam metal is about, having FUN.Highlights include the rifftastic opener "Shame, Shame, Shame", the speedy, really metal like closer "Top Secret", and the best Ratt song of their entire catalog, "One Step Away".Everyone should really give this album a chance.

Standout Track:
"One Step Away" http://grooveshark.com/s/One+Step+Away/4LXY7x?src=5

XDoomsayerX
03-19-2013, 04:23 PM
This is the biggest odd-ball on this list,

I feel Metallica is your biggest surprise. I was literally shocked. :eyes:

TheWildAndTheYoung
03-19-2013, 04:27 PM
I feel Metallica is your biggest surprise. I was literally shocked. :eyes:

Well I would have considered that my biggest surprise, but because Metallica is actually at least in the metal genre, Switchfoot is hardly anywhere near it

XDoomsayerX
03-19-2013, 04:35 PM
Well I would have considered that my biggest surprise, but because Metallica is actually at least in the metal genre, Switchfoot is hardly anywhere near it

Didnt know this was a metal list. Most the time peeps just make 100 best of list that include multi genres. No no Metallica came as a surprise cuz can I totally see peeps listening to Switchfoot and the glam stuff you've mentioned, its both like sing-a-longy n radio friendly n whatnot. RTL and the glam stuff not so much.

TheWildAndTheYoung
03-19-2013, 04:54 PM
Didnt know this was a metal list. Most the time peeps just make 100 best of list that include multi genres. No no Metallica came as a surprise cuz can I totally see peeps listening to Switchfoot and the glam stuff you've mentioned, its both like sing-a-longy n radio friendly n whatnot. RTL and the glam stuff not so much.

Well it's not a "metal list" per say, just an album that includes mostly "metal".Switchfoot is just almost completely different than all of my others.

kalfitegrdan
03-19-2013, 08:13 PM
You remind me of this guy from college a few years ago that used to just sit on a bench and blast Flock of Seagulls through portable speakers all day. I don't know why, but ya do.

TheWildAndTheYoung
03-20-2013, 10:01 AM
You remind me of this guy from college a few years ago that used to just sit on a bench and blast Flock of Seagulls through portable speakers all day. I don't know why, but ya do.

ok....kinda weird but cool:D

Rocco44
03-20-2013, 10:53 AM
It's fairly safe to assume that my top 100 list will have a grand total of one album in common with this list but props for doing this regardless. I look forward to the rest of the list, maybe there will be a surprise or two.

TheWildAndTheYoung
03-20-2013, 11:01 AM
30.Bounce - Bon Jovi
http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/26/77/bfaac060ada0b90c9385a110.L.jpg

Year Of Release: 2002

Tracklist:
1.Undivided
2.Everyday
3.The Distance
4.Joey
5.Misunderstood
6.All About Lovin' You
7.Hook Me Up
8.Right Side Of Wrong
9.Love Me Back To Life
10.You Had Me From Hello
11.Bounce
12.Open All Night

Genre: Hard Rock

Most people don't like this album because of how many ballads they are, and even though they are a lot, I like them all.Both "All About Lovin' You" and "You Had Me From Hello" are really guilt pleasures for me though.But besides the ballads, you got many great rock tracks on here, probably the heaviest in Bon Jovi's career.The rockers rock as hard as hard rock can get before being heavy metal.I like to call it "Heavy Rock".Though all members are really great on this record, Richie really shines on this record out of all.His vocals are some of his best on this, and the more use of distortion and talkbox is extremely awesome IMO.Highlights include the soft rock number "Misunderstood", the extremely underrated "Love Me Back To Life", and probably the heaviest song Bon Jovi has ever recorded "Undivided".Bon Jovi, PLEASE make a record like this one again!

Standout Track:
"Undivided" http://grooveshark.com/s/Undivided/1k6zl4?src=5

TheWildAndTheYoung
03-20-2013, 11:03 AM
It's fairly safe to assume that my top 100 list will have a grand total of one album in common with this list but props for doing this regardless. I look forward to the rest of the list, maybe there will be a surprise or two.

Thanks for the support, hopefully you will find another surprise before this list wraps up

adamclark52
03-20-2013, 12:51 PM
30.Bounce - Bon Jovi
http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/26/77/bfaac060ada0b90c9385a110.L.jpg

Year Of Release: 2002

Tracklist:
1.Undivided
2.Everyday
3.The Distance
4.Joey
5.Misunderstood
6.All About Lovin' You
7.Hook Me Up
8.Right Side Of Wrong
9.Love Me Back To Life
10.You Had Me From Hello
11.Bounce
12.Open All Night

Most people don't like this album because of how many ballads they are, and even though they are a lot, I like them all.Both "All About Lovin' You" and "You Had Me From Hello" are really guilt pleasures for me though.But besides the ballads, you got many great rock tracks on here, probably the heaviest in Bon Jovi's career.The rockers rock as hard as hard rock can get before being heavy metal.I like to call it "Heavy Rock".Though all members are really great on this record, Richie really shines on this record out of all.His vocals are some of his best on this, and the more use of distortion and talkbox is extremely awesome IMO.Highlights include the soft rock number "Misunderstood", the extremely underrated "Love Me Back To Life", and probably the heaviest song Bon Jovi has ever recorded "Undivided".Bon Jovi, PLEASE make a record like this one again!

Standout Track:
"Undivided" http://grooveshark.com/s/Undivided/1k6zl4?src=5

I pretty much agree. Way too many ballads but the rock songs (Undivided, Everyday and Hook Me Up especially) were all really good.

TheWildAndTheYoung
03-20-2013, 01:16 PM
I pretty much agree. Way too many ballads but the rock songs (Undivided, Everyday and Hook Me Up especially) were all really good.

O yea."Hook Me Up" is really underrated

TheWildAndTheYoung
03-21-2013, 11:03 AM
29.Skid Row - Skid Row
http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/68/bf/fce8828fd7a0a6c3d1052110.L.jpg

Year Of Release: 1989

Tracklist:
1.Big Guns
2.Sweet Little Sister
3.Can't Stand The Heartache
4.Piece Of Me
5.18 And Life
6.Rattlesnake Shake
7.Youth Gone Wild
8.Here I Am
9.Makin' A Mess
10.I Remember You
11.Midnight/Tornado

Genre: Heavy Metal/Glam Metal

Skid Row were one of the best glam metal bands of the 80's (if you can really call them "Glam").They released two of the best metal albums of all time.Their debut is definitely one of them.Sebastian Bach screams on this record, Scotti Hill and Dave Sabo's guitars are top notch, Rob Affuso's drum playing is excellent, and Rachel Bolan remains as another one of my favorite bass players (that bass in "Piece Of Me" kicks!).This one another album that I grew up with, and it still remains as one of my favorites, and I honestly can't see why you would not like this record.Standouts include the before-mentioned "Piece Of Me", an extremely good ballad "18 And Life", and one of the greatest metal anthems of all time "Youth Gone Wild".O how I wish the original line-up was still together!

Standout Track:
"Youth Gone Wild" http://grooveshark.com/s/Youth+Gone+Wild/4zH6Yt?src=5

dcmetal108
03-21-2013, 11:18 AM
I wouldn't consider Skid Row glam at all.

TheWildAndTheYoung
03-21-2013, 11:29 AM
I wouldn't consider Skid Row glam at all.

Yea I know, but I do still see glam elements here and their, really with "Youth Gone Wild" and "I Remember You"

TheWildAndTheYoung
03-21-2013, 03:38 PM
28.Rocks - Aerosmith
http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/e6/5b/4718828fd7a07de469d60110.L.jpg

Year Of Release: 1976

Tracklist:
1.Back In The Saddle
2.Last Child
3.Rats In The Cellar
4.Combination
5.Sick As A Dog
6.Nobody's Fault
7.Get The Lead Out
8.Lick And A Promise
9.Home Tonight

Genre: Blues Rock/Heavy Metal

As I've said before Aerosmith were once my favorite band, and though I'm not as into them as I used to be, I still very much enjoy them and this album, witch is my favorite Aerosmith record.This was really one of the first heavy metal albums out there, and as such deserves it's place as one of the best heavy metal records of all time.This album also has really inspired my guitar playing.Joe Perry and Brad Whitford are just incredible on this album, especially on "Get The Lead Out" and "Last Child".Tom Hamilton, Joey Kramer, and Steven Tyler are all at their best on this record as well.Highlights include the heaviest song Aerosmith has ever done "Nobody's Fault", the underrated "Sick As A Dog", and as always my favorite "Last Child".

Standout Track:
"Last Child" http://grooveshark.com/s/Last+Child/rAgh7?src=5

Onioner
03-21-2013, 05:16 PM
I gotta say dude, props for continually updating your list and not giving a fuck what other people thought of your taste in music. It take serious cojones to be literally the only guy under the age of 45 to declare an undying love for hair metal- kudos man.

That being said, how on Earth do you have the time to update this list every day throughout the mornings and afternoons? Do you not have school or something?

theclansman1114
03-21-2013, 05:52 PM
:lol: Such a person exists?! I mean really, Flock of Seagulls blasting through portable speakers?! Wow

TheWildAndTheYoung
03-21-2013, 07:28 PM
I gotta say dude, props for continually updating your list and not giving a fuck what other people thought of your taste in music. It take serious cojones to be literally the only guy under the age of 45 to declare an undying love for hair metal- kudos man.

That being said, how on Earth do you have the time to update this list every day throughout the mornings and afternoons? Do you not have school or something?
Well first thanks for the props.Second, my school schedule is, well, really different from others.I go to a private school, and the scheduling isn't like what other schools are.

dcmetal108
03-21-2013, 07:35 PM

At like 14 you have a lot of free time :lol:

TheWildAndTheYoung
03-22-2013, 05:47 AM
At like 14 you have a lot of free time :lol:

I don't go to school on Fridays to

TheWildAndTheYoung
03-22-2013, 06:02 AM
27.Reckless - Bryan Adams
http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/1e/b9/16c6c0a398a014ae2b6df110.L.jpg

Year Of Release: 1984

Tracklist:
1.One Night Love Affair
2.She's Only Happy When She's Dancin'
3.Run To You
4.Heaven
5.Somebody
6.Summer Of '69
7.Kids Wanna Rock
8.It's Only Love (w/Tina Turner)
9.Long Gone
10.Ain't Gonna Cry

Genre: AOR/Melodic Rock

Bryan Adams is probably not one that many people will like around here.But to me he is extremely great.His vocals are very unique and cool, as well as his piano and guitar playing abilities.Now as for the rest of the musicians, they are WAY to many to list here, so I'm just going to not go through every person that plays on this record.The drums are solid, the bass is nothing extraordinary, and the backing vocals are strong.This is definitely Bryan Adams at his best, and everyone should listen to it if you like 80's AOR.Summer Of '69 (though good), is probably the worst song on the album, so if you don't listen to it because of that, you are really missing out.Highlights include the rocker "Kids Wanna Rock", the best of the six smash hits on this record "Somebody", and the best Bryan Adams song of all time, "She's Only Happy When She's Dancin'", that has one of the catchy guitar riffs of all time.

Standout Track:
"She's Only Happy When She's Dancin'" http://grooveshark.com/s/She+s+Only+Happy+When+She+s+Dancin/2Mymsr?src=5

devilball
03-22-2013, 08:04 AM
Reckless is a fantastic album. Shame Bryan Adams decided that balladry was the way forward once the 90's dawned. He used to rock!

And you're wrong about 'Rocks'. It should sit inside the top 15, top 10 on a good day.......

TheWildAndTheYoung
03-22-2013, 08:22 AM
Reckless is a fantastic album. Shame Bryan Adams decided that balladry was the way forward once the 90's dawned. He used to rock!

And you're wrong about 'Rocks'. It should sit inside the top 15, top 10 on a good day.......

well this is my list, so it can't be wrong

devilball
03-22-2013, 10:12 AM
lol

TheWildAndTheYoung
03-22-2013, 11:10 AM
26.Keep The Faith - Bon Jovi
http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/6e/00/3089e03ae7a08f5602e2b110.L.jpg

Tracklist:
1.I Believe
2.Keep The Faith
3.I'll Sleep When I'm Dead
4.In These Arms
5.Bed Of Roses
6.If I Was Your Mother
7.Dry County
8.Woman In Love
9.Fear
10.I Want You
11.Blame It On The Love Of Rock & Roll
12.Little Bit Of Soul

On Keep The Faith, Bon Jovi prove that their not just a hair band, they are a band that knows how to change with the times and still stay on top."Woman In Love" is the only song that has any hint of glam in it.Richie Sambora shows some outstanding guitar playing (see Dry County), with Alec John Such providing groovy bass lines (see title track), David Bryan cutting off most of the synthesizers and bringing in classic piano skills (see "I'll Sleep When I'm Dead"), Tico Torres pounding hard on the drums (see "Blame It On The Love Of Rock & Roll"), and Jon Bon Jovi provides stellar vocals and really delivers on this album.Highlights include the arena-ready opener "I Believe", the extremely underrated "Blame It On The Love Of Rock & Roll", and the best song, the almost ten-minute epic "Dry County".

Standout Track:
"Dry County" http://grooveshark.com/s/Dry+County/1SkhE2?src=5

TheWildAndTheYoung
03-23-2013, 08:54 AM
25.High 'N' Dry - Def Leppard
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51UGGbIRUoL.jpg

Year Of Release: 1981

Tracklist:
1.Let It Go
2.Another Hit And Run
3.High 'N' Dry (Saturday Night)
4.Bringin' On The Heartbreak
5.Switch 256
6.You Got Me Runnin'
7.Lady Strange
8.On Through The Night
9.Mirror, Mirror (Look Into My Eyes)
10.No, No, No

Genre: Heavy Metal/NWOBHM

Def Leppard are one of my all-time favorite bands, with many inclusions on this list.This album, "High 'N' Dry", is definitely their second best album.This was back when they were really just a heavy metal band from England.The twin attack of Pete Willis and Steve Clark, though not as good as Phil and Steve, is one thing that makes this album truly amazing.Rick Savage is also one of my favorite bass players, and Rick Allen is still one of my favorite drummers.This album especially shows Savage at his best.And of course Joe Elliot's great vocal range is incredible as always, but not as good on this record than on others.Standouts include rippin' opener "Let It Go", the great fan favorite "Mirror, Mirror (Look Into My Eyes)", and the VERY much underrated "Lady Strange".

Standout Track:
"Lady Strange" http://grooveshark.com/s/Lady+Strange/2r204A?src=5

TheWildAndTheYoung
03-23-2013, 01:49 PM
24.Long Cold Winter - Cinderella
http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/a6/9a/45dac6da8da0c5af78fc1110.L.jpg

Year Of Release: 1988

Tracklist:
1.Bad Seamstress Blues/Fallin' Apart At The Seams
2.Gypsy Road
3.Don't Know What You Got (Till It's Gone)
4.The Last Mile
5.Second Wind
6.Long Cold Winter
7.If You Don't Like It
8.Coming Home
9.Fire And Ice
10.Take Me Back

Genre: Blues Rock/Glam Metal

Cinderella has never released a bad album IMO, all four of their albums are excellent.But this one in particular stands out above all the rest.It is the perfect combination of blues rock and glam metal, and it remains as one of my favorite blues rock records.Tom Keifer is one of my favorite vocalist and guitar players, as well as Jeff LaBar.Fred Coury's drum playing is pretty strong on this record also, and Eric Brittingham just keeps the backbone steady, nothing over-the-top.Standouts include the scorching blues infested "Second Wind", the slower, but not quite a ballad track "Coming Home", and the best Cinderella song of them all, and possibly the most glam track on the album, "Gypsy Road".

Standout Track:
"Gypsy Road" http://grooveshark.com/s/Gypsy+Road/rVp1R?src=5

kalfitegrdan
03-23-2013, 02:39 PM
http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/1e/b9/16c6c0a398a014ae2b6df110.L.jpg

Year Of Release: 1984

Tracklist:
1.One Night Love Affair
2.She's Only Happy When She's Dancin'
3.Run To You
4.Heaven
5.Somebody
6.Summer Of '69
7.Kids Wanna Rock
8.It's Only Love (w/Tina Turner)
9.Long Gone
10.Ain't Gonna Cry

Genre: AOR/Melodic Rock

Bryan Adams is probably not one that many people will like around here.But to me he is extremely great.His vocals are very unique and cool, as well as his piano and guitar playing abilities.Now as for the rest of the musicians, they are WAY to many to list here, so I'm just going to not go through every person that plays on this record.The drums are solid, the bass is nothing extraordinary, and the backing vocals are strong.This is definitely Bryan Adams at his best, and everyone should listen to it if you like 80's AOR.Summer Of '69 (though good), is probably the worst song on the album, so if you don't listen to it because of that, you are really missing out.Highlights include the rocker "Kids Wanna Rock", the best of the six smash hits on this record "Somebody", and the best Bryan Adams song of all time, "She's Only Happy When She's Dancin'", that has one of the catchy guitar riffs of all time.

Standout Track:
"She's Only Happy When She's Dancin'" http://grooveshark.com/s/She+s+Only+Happy+When+She+s+Dancin/2Mymsr?src=5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBFi9QVIfgQ&t=1m11s

TheWildAndTheYoung
03-23-2013, 02:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBFi9QVIfgQ&t=1m11s

LOL:D

TheWildAndTheYoung
03-24-2013, 06:55 AM
23.Look What The Cat Dragged In - Poison
http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/17/ff/7aa4228348a0ef50576e7110.L.jpg

Year Of Release: 1986

Tracklist:
1.Cry Tough
2.I Want Action
3.I Won't Forget You
4.Play Dirty
5.Look What The Cat Dragged In
6.Talk Dirty To Me
7.Want Some, Need Some
8.Blame It On You
9.#1 Bad Boy
10.Let Me Go To The Show

"Don't judge a book by its cover".Never has the saying had as much meaning as it does on this album.Honestly, why did they have to go THAT much glam? I can never really look at the album it's so horrid.They managed to clean up and actually look like guys on the next few records fortunately, and as I said before, "Don't judge a book by its cover".If you look passed the ugly cover art, and actually listen to the music (I know that's a lot to ask), you will be surprised that most of the music can be considered Heavy Metal with 50's rock 'n' roll influences, and is also very melodic and fun.How can you listen to the title-track and say this is not metal? C.C. DeVille is one of the best glam metal guitarist around, and Rikki Rocket's bass is also very good and is a really underrated bass player.Bobby Dall is one great drummer as well, and Bret Michaels (though most people would think otherwise) IMO is one of glam metal's greatest singers.Standouts include underrated ballad "I Won't Forget You", and 50's rock n' roll influenced "Let Me Go To The Show", and the heavy metal classic title-track.Most people will probably just shout out insults at me, but what's that going to gain?

Standout Track:
"Look What The Cat Dragged In" http://grooveshark.com/s/Look+What+The+Cat+Dragged+In/4EkEZi?src=5

TheWildAndTheYoung
03-24-2013, 05:11 PM
22.Live...In The Raw - W.A.S.P.
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51M7pyR0AFL.jpg

Tracklist:
1.Inside The Electric Circus
2.I Don't Need No Doctor
3.L.O.V.E. Machine
4.Wild Child
5.9.5.-N.A.S.T.Y.
6.Sleeping (In The Fire)
7.The Manimal
8.I Wanna Be Somebody
9.Harder Faster
10.Blind In Texas
11.Scream Until You Like It

Genre: Heavy Metal/Shock Rock

Even though KISS's Alive is an extremely great live album, Live...In The Raw has to take the top spot for me.The shear energy on this album is just unbelievable, and the musicians (Chris and Blackie especially) are all at the top of their game.10 outstanding live tracks, and to top it all off they throw in the previously unrecorded "Scream Until You Like It", which is easily one of the best W.A.S.P. songs IMO.There's really nothing much more to say about it, just seriously check it out if you haven't already.Highlights include the excellent cover of "I Don't Need No Doctor", the album exclusive "Harder Faster", and the great metal anthem "Wild Child".

Standout Track:
"Wild Child" http://grooveshark.com/s/04+Wild+Child/2upA1O?src=5

TheWildAndTheYoung
03-25-2013, 02:57 PM
21.Gutter Ballet - Savatage
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51pwmPN9k1L.jpg

Tracklist:
1.Of Rage And War
2.Gutter Ballet
3.Temptation Revelation
4.When The Crowds Are Gone
5.Silk And Steel
6.She's In Love
7.Hounds
8.The Unholy
9.Mentally Yours
10.Summer's Rain
11.Thorazine Shuffle

Genre: Symphonic Metal/Progressive Metal

Savatage are one of my all time favorite heavy metal bands, and second favorite progressive metal band.Picking a favorite Savatage record is by no means easy, considering all their releases are extremely good (save for "Fight For The Rock").I know some people will get mad because Streets isn't on this list, but to me Gutter Ballet is the best Savatage album and Streets was a continuation of sorts to this.Jon Oliva (lead vocals, piano), Criss Oliva (guitars), Steve Wacholz(drums), Johnny Middleton (bass), and Chris Caffery (guitars, keyboards) are all at their absolute best on this album.The standouts are the highly underrated "She's In Love", epic title-track, and my all time favorite Savatage song, the ballad "When The Crowds Are Gone" (awesome guitar solo here).A true musical masterpiece.

Standout Track:
"When The Crowds Are Gone" http://grooveshark.com/s/When+The+Crowds+Are+Gone/2GfLB7?src=5

theclansman1114
03-25-2013, 04:32 PM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51pwmPN9k1L.jpg

Tracklist:
1.Of Rage And War
2.Gutter Ballet
3.Temptation Revelation
4.When The Crowds Are Gone
5.Silk And Steel
6.She's In Love
7.Hounds
8.The Unholy
9.Mentally Yours
10.Summer's Rain
11.Thorazine Shuffle

Genre: Symphonic Metal/Progressive Metal

Savatage are one of my all time favorite heavy metal bands, and second favorite progressive metal band.Picking a favorite Savatage record is by no means easy, considering all their releases are extremely good (save for "Fight For The Rock").I know some people will get mad because Streets isn't on this list, but to me Gutter Ballet is the best Savatage album and Streets was a continuation of sorts to this.Jon Oliva (lead vocals, piano), Criss Oliva (guitars), Steve Wacholz(drums), Johnny Middleton (bass), and Chris Caffery (guitars, keyboards) are all at their absolute best on this album.The standouts are the highly underrated "She's In Love", epic title-track, and my all time favorite Savatage song, the ballad "When The Crowds Are Gone" (awesome guitar solo here).A true musical masterpiece.

Standout Track:
"When The Crowds Are Gone" http://grooveshark.com/s/When+The+Crowds+Are+Gone/2GfLB7?src=5

So many awesome guitar solos and amazing guitar work all around. Summers Rain is vastly underrated as well. Great album! I hope you have Streets in here yet.... :)

TheWildAndTheYoung
03-25-2013, 04:44 PM
So many awesome guitar solos and amazing guitar work all around. Summers Rain is vastly underrated as well. Great album! I hope you have Streets in here yet.... :)

I actually meant to add something about Summers Rain, because I to think it's underrated.And, I might as well go ahead and tell you, unless things change, Streets won't make the list.I will definitely give it one more listen though before I make my mind, so don't give up hope just yet.

theclansman1114
03-25-2013, 06:04 PM
I actually meant to add something about Summers Rain, because I to think it's underrated.And, I might as well go ahead and tell you, unless things change, Streets won't make the list.I will definitely give it one more listen though before I make my mind, so don't give up hope just yet.

Spoiler alert: Streets is in my top 100... :D

TheWildAndTheYoung
03-25-2013, 08:09 PM
Spoiler alert: Streets is in my top 100... :DI figured as much, will you post you top 100 eventually?

IrritatedTrout
03-25-2013, 08:33 PM
I've never liked Savatage but that's a great song.

GarageMetal468
03-25-2013, 09:17 PM

YES!

TheWildAndTheYoung
03-27-2013, 10:51 AM
20.Imaginations From The Other Side - Blind Guardian
http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/70/35/4ac8793509a09384b3ec5110.L.jpg

Year Of Release: 1995

Tracklist:
1.Imaginations From The Other Side
2.I'm Alive
3.A Past And Future Secret
4.The Script For My Requiem
5.Modred's Song
6.Born In A Mourning Hall
7.Bright Eyes
8.Another Holy War
9.And The Story Ends

Genre: Power Metal

Blind Guardian are my favorite power metal band.They introduced me to power metal, and me learn to start digging deeper for bands that I like for all genres.This album is definitely the essential Blind Guardian album, with most of their best songs on this record.The whole fantasy atmosphere works best on this album to me, and Blind Guardian are pretty much the masters of combining fantasy and metal in general IMO.Hansi Kursh's vocals didn't appeal to me that much at first, but I've learned to love it and his bass playing.Thomen Stauch is a pretty solid drum player, and Marcus Siepen and Andre Olbrich are both phenomenal guitar players.Standouts include one of my favorite ballads "A Past And Future Secret", the somewhat underrated "Another Holy War", and my favorite Blind Guardian song and the one I was introduced to, the anthemic title-track.

Standout Track:
"Imaginations From The Other Side" http://grooveshark.com/s/Imaginations+From+The+Other+Side/4UN7Bi?src=5

theclansman1114
03-27-2013, 05:32 PM
I figured as much, will you post you top 100 eventually?

I will when you finish, don't need 2 going simultaneously

theclansman1114
03-27-2013, 05:33 PM
http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/70/35/4ac8793509a09384b3ec5110.L.jpg

Tracklist:
2.I'm Alive
5.Modred's Song
7.Bright Eyes
8.Another Holy War
9.And The Story Ends

Blind Guardian are my favorite power metal band.They introduced me to power metal, and me learn to start digging deeper for bands that I like for all genres.This album is definitely the essential Blind Guardian album, with most of their best songs on this record.The whole fantasy atmosphere works best on this album to me, and Blind Guardian are pretty much the masters of combining fantasy and metal in general IMO.Hansi Kursh's vocals didn't appeal to me that much at first, but I've learned to love it and his bass playing.Thomen Stauch is a pretty solid drum player, and Marcus Siepen and Andre Olbrich are both phenomenal guitar players.Standouts include one of my favorite ballads "A Past And Future Secret", the somewhat underrated "Another Holy War", and my favorite Blind Guardian song and the one I was introduced to, the anthemic title-track.

Standout Track:
"Imaginations From The Other Side" http://grooveshark.com/s/Imaginations+From+The+Other+Side/4UN7Bi?src=5

+1
Nice work. Fantastic album!:rocker:

kalfitegrdan
03-27-2013, 05:49 PM

Tracklist:
2.I'm Alive
5.Modred's Song
7.Bright Eyes
8.Another Holy War
9.And The Story Ends

Standout Track:

:lovedup:

IrritatedTrout
03-27-2013, 06:12 PM
Another Holy War is one of the best BG songs.

TheWildAndTheYoung
03-28-2013, 07:39 AM
Another Holy War is one of the best BG songs.
I agree, easily in my top 5 BG songs

TheWildAndTheYoung
03-28-2013, 07:59 AM
19.Blow My Fuse - Kix
http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/05/ab/0e7a225b9da06b9a4e738110.L.jpg

Tracklist:
1.Red Lite, Green Lite, TNT
2.Get It While It's Hot
3.No Ring Around Rosie
4.Don't Close Your Eyes
5.She Dropped Me The Bomb
6.Cold Blood
7.Piece Of The Pie
8.Boomerang
9.Blow My Fuse
10.Dirty Boys

I first heard "Blow My Fuse" when I was about 9 or 10 years old.I liked it, but never really thought about digging deeper into Kix's catalog.Well all that change during the summer of last year (this is when I discovered a lot of bands that I liked).I decided to listen to this album from track 1 to track 10, and man was I blown away! This album is by no doubt Kix's greatest, and everyone needs to give it a chance.Steve Whiteman, has a great gritty tone to his voice reminiscent of say Brian Johnson.Ronnie Younkins and Brian Forsythe are both stellar guitar players, and both have a killer guitar tone that I want to replicate myself.Donnie Purnell's bass playing compliments Jimmy Chalfant's incredible drumming nicely.Highlights include my second favorite ballad of all time "Don't Close Your Eyes", the anthemic title-track, and the best Kix song of them all, the insanely catchy rocker "Cold Blood".

Standout Track:
"Cold Blood" http://grooveshark.com/s/Cold+Blood/2CJFz2?src=5

ravenheart
03-28-2013, 09:07 AM
+1 for Gutter Ballet. Excellent album. Also Bounce, Reckless, Hey Stoopid, Painkiller, America's Least Wanted, L.A. Guns, Addicted To Metal, The Ultimate Sin, Rocks, Skid Row, III Sides To Every Story, and a whole bunch more.

But Look What The Cat Dragged In? All that good work you'd done in most of the positions before that then bam! All undone. That is an awful, awful, awful album. Native Tongue is their best album but a distance so great it's almost like they didn't record any others.

Either way, you should stop calling Poison "glam metal". They're barely even heavy enough to be glam rock, let alone metal.

TheWildAndTheYoung
03-28-2013, 10:46 AM
+1 for Gutter Ballet. Excellent album. Also Bounce, Reckless, Hey Stoopid, Painkiller, America's Least Wanted, L.A. Guns, Addicted To Metal, The Ultimate Sin, Rocks, Skid Row, III Sides To Every Story, and a whole bunch more.

Ahh somebody actually checked this album out, great to here you like it

TheWildAndTheYoung
03-28-2013, 10:54 AM
Either way, you should stop calling Poison "glam metal". They're barely even heavy enough to be glam rock, let alone metal.

How can you listen to the song "Look What The Cat Dragged In" and say that's not metal!!!? And their definitely heavy enough to be glam rock.Anyway I knew somebody would come out and bash me for liking this album, so I'm not really mad.This album was introduced to me very early on in my music life, therefore I put it high up.Native Tongue is good though, but don't you like Flesh & Blood? Native Tongue is Poison's third best album IMO.I'm not looking to start an argument here, I've loved Poison for a very long time, and it won't change just because someone doesn't like them.

Ok, now that that has be settled, I hope you like the rest of the list:D

W0unds
03-28-2013, 12:13 PM
I have been following this thread for some time and have to say great job man.

Not all of the music here is necessarily to my liking but you have some great picks on here regardless - Cooper, Metallica, Def Leppard, Judas Priest, etc.

It is nice to see someone as passionate about the music they enjoy as you are.

TheWildAndTheYoung
03-28-2013, 12:15 PM
I have been following this thread for some time and have to say great job man.

Not all of the music here is necessarily to my liking but you have some great picks on here regardless - Cooper, Metallica, Def Leppard, Judas Priest, etc.

It is nice to see someone as passionate about the music they enjoy as you are.

Glad yo see you enjoy it, and thanks for the compliments!

TheWildAndTheYoung
03-28-2013, 12:46 PM
18.Feel The Power - Blessed By A Broken Heart
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/500/73580298/Feel+the+Power.png

Year Of Release: 2012

Tracklist:
1.Deathwish
2.Shut Up And Rock
3.Love Nightmare
4.Forever
5.Thunder Dome
6.Holdin' Back For Nothin'
7.I've Got You
8.Rockin' All Night
9.Scream It Like You Mean It
10.Skate Or Die
11.Innocent Blood
12.Sleepless Nights

Blessed By A Broken Heart are yet another band from my "Top Ten Glam Metal Revival Albums" thread, with this being their second entry on this list.This by far is their best album, and most likely will always be because it seems impossible to top.This album was actually the first "New" glam metal album I ever heard.They sound a lot like Dokken meets Journey, and it proves to be a great combo.The metalcore influences that were very prominent on their previous release are really toned down on this record, with only about half the songs having one scream part in them.Tony Gambino's vocals might not sound too much like your typical 80's glam singer, but that's what makes this great.This isn't 80's glam metal, this is 2010's glam metal, and his vocals are astounding.Sean Maier can really shred with the best of them to (his nickname is "Shred"), and Sam Ryder does great with the rhythm guitars, and adds stellar backing vocals.Tyler Hoare keeps the bass solid and consistent through the album, as well as the drummer Slater.Highlights include the Dokken infested opener "Deathwish", the keyboard heavy anthem "Scream It Like You Mean It", and the best song on the album, the most 80's sounding rocker on the album, "Rockin' All Night".

Standout Track:
"Rockin' All Night" http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=oc8z0U9HiEU

John The Drummer
03-28-2013, 05:00 PM
Manks did his top 100 in like... a few days... you gotta pick this up man.... WE WANT NUMBER ONE!!!!!!

TheWildAndTheYoung
03-28-2013, 08:45 PM
Manks did his top 100 in like... a few days... you gotta pick this up man.... WE WANT NUMBER ONE!!!!!!
Well first of all he wrote very short reviews consisting of a max of like 4 or five 5 sentences.Second I'm my schedule is really packed a lot of time.Between school, band practice, band gigs, homework, etc. I only have a set time of when I have enough time to do reviews.And sometimes I don't feel like writing reviews all day.But I'll do my best to go a little faster.

Sanitarium78
03-29-2013, 07:09 AM
Well first of all he wrote very short reviews consisting of a max of like 4 or five 5 sentences.Second I'm my schedule is really packed a lot of time.Between school, band practice, band gigs, homework, etc. I only have a set time of when I have enough time to do reviews.And sometimes I don't feel like writing reviews all day.But I'll do my best to go a little faster.

You don't know how to take a joking post do you?;)

TheWildAndTheYoung
03-29-2013, 07:37 AM
You don't know how to take a joking post do you?;)

Yea I do, but I figured I go ahead tell people why can't do it so much.Anyway, I'll probably be posting another two reviews today

Sanitarium78
03-29-2013, 08:08 AM
Yea I do, but I figured I go ahead tell people why can't do it so much.Anyway, I'll probably be posting another two reviews today

Don't worry about how long it takes. I've seen best of lists on here take much longer and some not even get finished.

TheWildAndTheYoung
03-29-2013, 10:35 AM
17.Raised On Radio - Journey
http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/21/54/b72a225b9da06a33e10cd010.L.jpg

Year Of Release: 1986

Tracklist:
1.Girl Can't Help It
2.Positive Touch
3.Suzanne
4.Be Good To Yourself
5.Once You Love Somebody
6.Happy To Give
7.Raised On Radio
8.I'll Be Alright Without You
9.It Could Have Been You
10.The Eyes Of A Woman
11.Why Can't This Night Go On Forever

Genre: AOR/Arena Rock

Journey are one of my top 10 favorite bands, and Raised On Radio to me is their best album.Now this album, though popular during it's time, is now very under-looked by the band and fans a like.Sure, Ross Valory and Steve Smith aren't on it, but it has such a great 80's AOR feel to it that I love very much.Steve Perry is as good on here as he is on any other record, Neal Schon doesn't go all out shred on this record, but he makes up for it in great guitar tone and melodic riffs.Jonathan Cain is of course amazing on the keyboards and backing vocals, and Randy Jackson and Larrie Londin just take a back seat and do what is needed.Highlights include the highly underrated "It Could Have Been You", the very catchy opener "Girl Can't Help It", and my favorite Journey song, the fan favorite "Be Good To Yourself".

Standout Track:
"Be Good To Yourself" http://grooveshark.com/s/Be+Good+To+Yourself/4tocjw?src=5

TheWildAndTheYoung
03-29-2013, 02:00 PM
16.Destroyer - KISS
http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/e5/d5/404d024128a00138272d4010.L.jpg

Tracklist:
1.Detroit Rock City
2.King Of The Night Time World
3.God Of Thunder
4.Great Expectations
5.Flaming Youth
6.Sweet Pain
7.Shout It Out Loud
8.Beth
9.Do You Love Me?
10.Rock And Roll Party [Ghost Track]

Genre: Classic Rock

I've already said many times how KISS introduced me to rock/metal music.They still to this day remain as one of my favorite bands.Destroyer, though not their best album, is a real close second and is definitely one of the best classic rock albums of all-time.The only thing stopping this from being KISS's best album is the horrid "Great Expectations".All four members (Paul, Gene, Peter, Ace) are at the top of their game on this record, especially Ace.Standouts include the classic album opener "Detroit Rock City", Gene Simmion's signature tune "God Of Thunder", and my personnel favorite, "Shout It Out Loud".

Standout Track:
"Shout It Out Loud" http://grooveshark.com/s/Shout+It+Out+Loud/28jvNg?src=5

dcmetal108
03-29-2013, 04:59 PM
16.Destroyer - KISS
http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/e5/d5/404d024128a00138272d4010.L.jpg

Tracklist:
1.Detroit Rock City
2.King Of The Night Time World
3.God Of Thunder
4.Great Expectations
5.Flaming Youth
6.Sweet Pain
7.Shout It Out Loud
8.Beth
9.Do You Love Me?
10.Rock And Roll Party [Ghost Track]

Genre: Classic Rock

I've already said many times how KISS introduced me to rock/metal music.They still to this day remain as one of my favorite bands.Destroyer, though not their best album, is a real close second and is definitely one of the best classic rock albums of all-time.The only thing stopping this from being KISS's best album is the horrid "Great Expectations".All four members (Paul, Gene, Peter, Ace) are at the top of their game on this record, especially Ace.Standouts include the classic album opener "Detroit Rock City", Gene Simmion's signature tune "God Of Thunder", and my personnel favorite, "Shout It Out Loud".

Standout Track:
"Shout It Out Loud" http://grooveshark.com/s/Shout+It+Out+Loud/28jvNg?src=5

ummm good sir. Great Expectations fucking rocks.

TheWildAndTheYoung
03-29-2013, 05:12 PM
ummm good sir. Great Expectations fucking rocks.

This is one thing I can't agree on.I see nothing good about this song whatsoever

IrritatedTrout
03-29-2013, 07:50 PM
Great Expectations is cool but Flaming Youth sucks.

MetalMaxine
03-29-2013, 08:11 PM
Wow, you really love your hair metal. Lol

TheWildAndTheYoung
03-29-2013, 08:26 PM
Wow, you really love your hair metal. Lol

well yea but KISS isn't hair metal, well at least anything of theirs with make-up isn't

PowerMaiden
03-29-2013, 08:32 PM
as far as I'm concern it's gay music for the most part, but congrats on stickin' to it, the job itself is really well done

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

TheWildAndTheYoung
03-29-2013, 08:34 PM
as far as I'm concern it's gay music for the most part, but congrats on stickin' to it, the job itself is really well done

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Thanks for the props, really appreciate it.

TheWildAndTheYoung
03-29-2013, 08:35 PM
Great Expectations is cool but Flaming Youth sucks.

As cheesy as that song is I actually like it

dcmetal108
03-29-2013, 09:12 PM

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

:lol:

MetalMaxine
03-29-2013, 09:12 PM
well yea but KISS isn't hair metal, well at least anything of theirs with make-up isn't

Yeah. I didn't mean them necessarily but a lot the rest of your list. Kiss are just a bunch of clowns doing below average rock songs lol. I'm not picking on you though. Just teminds me of one of my older brothers. He loved his cheesy hair bands.

El Gordo
03-30-2013, 05:08 AM

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Hahahaha... Great back-handed compliment.

TheWildAndTheYoung
03-30-2013, 06:01 AM
15.Shout At The Devil - Motley Crue
http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/60/7e/31bac060ada06bcd6a77b110.L.jpg

Year Of Release: 1983

Tracklist:
1.In The Beginning
2.Shout At The Devil
3.Looks That Kill
4.Bastard
5.God Bless The Children Of The Beast
6.Helter Skelter
7.Red Hot
8.Too Young To Fall In Love
9.Knock 'Em Dead Kid
10.Ten Seconds To Love
11.Danger

Genre: Heavy Metal

Motley Crue are not only one of the best glam metal bands around, they're one of the best metal bands around period.But around this time, the only thing glam about Motley Crue was their image.Their music on this album (and the first) was just straight up heavy metal, I don't care what anybody says.Mick Mars is one of the most underrated guitar players of all-time, and Nikki Sixx can handle the bass pretty well.Tommy Lee is of course one of the legendary drummers that came out of 80's, and Vince Neil's voice on this record fits the type of "Danger"(no pun intended) this album tries to bring perfectly.Highlights include the two punch attack of "Shout At The Devil" and "Looks That Kill", and my all-time favorite Crue song "Too Young To Fall In Love".All in all a classic metal album.

Standout Track:
"Too Young To Fall In Love" http://grooveshark.com/s/Too+Young+To+Fall+In+Love/19mRJc?src=5

TheWildAndTheYoung
03-30-2013, 10:04 AM
14.Creatures Of The Night - KISS
http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/e7/b5/8d451363ada09c101bd60110.L.jpg

Year Of Release: 1982

Tracklist:
1.Creatures Of The Night
2.Saint And Sinner
3.Keep me Comin'
4.Rock And Roll Hell
5.Danger
6.I Love It Loud
7.I Still Love You
8.Killer
9.War Machine

Yep, another KISS album already! Here we have the last KISS make-up album of the 80's, and undoubtedly the best.Actually, this is KISS's BEST album period.It's also their heaviest album period.Vinnie Vincent's guitars are excellent and add more to the overall heavyness of the record.Gene Simmons is of course great at the vocals and even better on the bass.Paul Stanley is as I've said before my favorite singer of KISS, and he keeps strong rhythm guitars throughout the whole record.Eric Carr is an absolute beast of a drummer, and the drum tone of this album is better than almost any other album in history IMO, they just sound like cannons! This is the best work that any of the members of KISS have put out, ever.Standouts include the highly underrated ballad "I Still Love You", the best Gene song of all time "War Machine", and the best KISS song of the all time, the rockin' title-track.

Standout Track:
"Creatures Of The Night" http://grooveshark.com/s/Creatures+Of+The+Night/3amugd?src=5

IrritatedTrout
03-30-2013, 02:27 PM
Great album but it could be better with fewer vocals from Gene. Saint and Sinner would be much better with Paul.

TheWildAndTheYoung
03-31-2013, 07:09 AM
13.These Days - Bon Jovi
http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/c2/8f/657ff0f9e7a05d683e688110.L.jpg

Tracklist:
1.Hey God
2.Something For The Pain
3.This Ain't A Love Song
4.These Days
5.Lie To Me
6.Damned
7.My Guitar Lies Bleeding In My Arms
8.(It's Hard) Letting You Go
9.Hearts Breaking Even
10.Something To Believe In
11.If That's What It Takes
12.Diamond Ring

Genre: Hard Rock/Blues Rock

Bon Jovi go even further away from their glam metal sound on These Days, in fact any trace of glam that was on Keep The Faith is now completely gone.On this album, Bon Jovi matured even more significantly than on Keep The Faith, and took more of a blues rock approach.This album features some of Richie Sambora's best guitar and backing vocal work, as well as Jon's vocals and his guitar (on the songs he plays guitar on).David Bryan is probably at his best on this record, and Tico Torres and Hugh McDonald keep the strong rhythm that the band as always excelled at IMO.Standouts include the very underrated "Hearts Breaking Even" (even though it bares a striking resemblance to Aerosmith's "Cryin'"), the stellar title track ballad, and my personnel favorite, "Something For The Pain".Those of you who are not a fan of glam metal Bon Jovi should check this out if haven't already, it might just surprise you.

Standout Track:
"Something For The Pain" http://grooveshark.com/s/Something+For+The+Pain/1ULmHu?src=5

TheWildAndTheYoung
03-31-2013, 10:03 AM
12.The Crimson Idol - W.A.S.P.
http://www.waspnation.com/IMAGES/CDs/crimson.jpg

Tracklist:
1.The Titanic Overture
2.The Invisible Boy
3.Arena Of Pleasure
4.Chainsaw Charlie (Murders In The New Morgue)
5.The Gypsy Meets The Boy
6.Doctor Rockter
7.I Am One
8.The Idol
9.Hold On To My Heart
10.The Great Misconceptions Of Me
11.The Story Of Jonathan (Prologue To The Crimson Idol) (reissue bonus track)

W.A.S.P., one of my top five favorite bands of all time as of recently.This album is definitely their best, and is also definitely one of the best concept albums of all time IMO.Everything is great about this album, from the opening haunting track "The Titanic Overture" to the closing narrative "The Story Of Jonathan" (if you have the reissue).Blackie Lawless has just made a true masterpiece, and nothing he ever made or ever will make will never top this, never, ever.Standouts include the best ballad WASP ever made "Hold On To My Heart", the highly underrated "Doctor Rockter", and my favorite WASP song of all time, the metal bombast of "Chainsaw Charlie (Murders In The New Morgue)".

Standout Track:
"Chainsaw Charlie (Murders In The New Morgue)" http://grooveshark.com/s/Chainsaw+Charlie+Murders+In+The+New+Morgue/3VXRjJ?src=5

TheWildAndTheYoung
03-31-2013, 02:07 PM
11.Stranger In This Town - Richie Sambora
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/8702303/Stranger+In+This+Town.jpg

Year Of Release: 1991

Tracklist:
1.Rest In Peace
2.Church Of Desire
3.Stranger In This Town
4.Ballad Of Youth
5.One Light Burning
6.Mr. Bluesman
7.Rosie
8.River Of Love
9.Father Time
10.The Answer

Genre: Hard Rock/Blues

After the release of the monster album "New Jersey", Bon Jovi split and all most members worked on the solo projects, leaving the question "Is Bon Jovi gone?".Well, as you all know they were just on a hiatus, but this isn't about Bon Jovi.This is about Richie Sambora, probably the second biggest influence on my guitar playing, who released one of the greatest and most underrated albums of all-time.Even though I said this isn't about Bon Jovi, in fact Tico Torres and David Bryan played all the drums and piano on this record, with Tony Levin playing the bass and "Chapman Stick".As far as guitar playing goes, this is Richie's best album.The guitars have a great bluesy tone, and he provides those notes that just hook people.His vocals are also really great as well, and definitely one of his best in that element has well.Standouts include the meaningful ballads, the epic "Father Time" and the the more simple "The Answer", and one of the most underrated rock songs of all time "Ballad Of Youth" (which in fact is not a ballad).This is something that Bon Jovi fans can enjoy, but I'm pretty sure non-Bon Jovi fans will most likely enjoy to.

Standout Track:
"Ballad Of Youth" http://grooveshark.com/s/Ballad+Of+Youth/3PSbFs?src=5

XDoomsayerX
03-31-2013, 07:17 PM

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Pretty much this. Props to your dedication and hey I sampled some of the stuff on here but found most of it just really bad.

TheWildAndTheYoung
03-31-2013, 07:22 PM
Pretty much this. Props to your dedication and hey I sampled some of the stuff on here but found most of it just really bad.

Np, at least you checked them out.Pretty much all different genres of metal or rock that I like are represented here, so if you like it great, but if you don't I don't expect you to because most people here don't like the music I like.Keep on rockin' anyways!

dcmetal108
03-31-2013, 07:41 PM

If I did a list like this you'd love it. :D

XDoomsayerX
03-31-2013, 08:11 PM
Np, at least you checked them out.Pretty much all different genres of metal or rock that I like are represented here, so if you like it great, but if you don't I don't expect you to because most people here don't like the music I like.Keep on rockin' anyways!

:fist:

If I did a list like this you'd love it. :D

Yup, I need a bud like you down here so I can go to more Parkway Drive and The Ghost Inside shows haha :tongue:. I really dug mankvill's list and need to check out a lot of stuff on that. I cant even make a list, it would take me an eternity.

adamclark52
03-31-2013, 08:16 PM

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Thanks for the props, really appreciate it.

I can't decide which is funnier; the comment or the response.

kalfitegrdan
04-01-2013, 06:43 AM
http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/60/7e/31bac060ada06bcd6a77b110.L.jpg

Tracklist:
1.In The Beginning
2.Shout At The Devil
3.Looks That Kill
4.Bastard
5.God Bless The Children Of The Beast
6.Helter Skelter
7.Red Hot
8.Too Young To Fall In Love
9.Knock 'Em Dead Kid
10.Ten Seconds To Love
11.Danger

Motley Crue are not only one of the best glam metal bands around, they're one of the best metal bands around period.But around this time, the only thing glam about Motley Crue was their image.Their music on this album (and the first) was just straight up heavy metal, I don't care what anybody says.Mick Mars is one of the most underrated guitar players of all-time, and Nikki Sixx can handle the bass pretty well.Tommy Lee is of course one of the legendary drummers that came out of 80's, and Vince Neil's voice on this record fits the type of "Danger"(no pun intended) this album tries to bring perfectly.Highlights include the two punch attack of "Shout At The Devil" and "Looks That Kill", and my all-time favorite Crue song "Too Young To Fall In Love".All in all a classic metal album.

Standout Track:
"Too Young To Fall In Love" http://grooveshark.com/s/Too+Young+To+Fall+In+Love/19mRJc?src=5

There we fuckin' go. Motley Crue's best record.

TheWildAndTheYoung
04-01-2013, 11:16 AM
10.Slave To The Grind - Skid Row
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61UoLMzz3RL.jpg

Year Of Release: 1991

Tracklist:
1.Monkey Business
2.Slave To The Grind
3.The Threat
4.Quicksand Jesus
5.Psycho Love
6.Beggar's Day
7.Livin' On A Chain Gang
8.Creepshow
9.In A Darkened Room
10.Riot Act
11.Mudkicker
12.Wasted Time

On their second album, Skid Row (like many other bands during this time) shed all their glam metal influences (like they were many to begin with), and create one of heavy metal's greatest albums on all time, not to mention the first heavy metal album to debut at #1 on the Billboard 200.All five members (Sebastian, Rob, Rachel, Scotti, Snake) reach the peek of their careers on this album.The guitars scream, the drums are explosive, the bass thunders, and the vocals are some of the best on any album period.Standouts include the totally underrated ballad "Wasted Time", the metal anthem that is "Riot Act", and my favorite Skid Row song, the balls-to-the-wall title track.

Standout Track:
"Slave To The Grind" http://grooveshark.com/s/Slave+To+The+Grind/1OARFT?src=5

TheWildAndTheYoung
04-01-2013, 02:26 PM
9.Van Halen - Van Halen
http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/4c/f7/7eca619009a0590a6e557110.L.jpg

Year Of Release: 1978

Tracklist:
1.Runnin' With The Devil
2.Eruption
3.You Really Got Me
4.Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
5.I'm The One
6.Jamie's Cryin'
7.Atomic Punk
8.Feel Your Love Tonight
9.Little Dreamer
10.Ice Cream Man
11.On Fire

Genre: Hard Rock/Heavy Metal

The album that made me want to play guitar, Van Halen's debut is by know doubt their finest output.Nothing else they've made tops this or will top this.David Lee Roth and Eddie Van Halen both have a certain fire on this record that can never be topped.Alex Van Halen is actually my favorite drummer of all time, and Micheal Anthony shows us the bass is not just a backbone instrument.This, IMO, is the third greatest debut album of all-time.It's just of rock 'n' roll's masterpieces.The album also has a great live feel to it that's hard to make.Standouts include the legendary solo "Eruption", the classic Van Halen song "Ain't Talkin 'Bout Love", and my all-time favorite VH song, the blistering "Atomic Punk".Such a great album that will always be one of my favorites.

Standout Track:
"Atomic Punk" http://grooveshark.com/s/Atomic+Punk/4bXB9D?src=5

TheWildAndTheYoung
04-01-2013, 03:46 PM
Well, I'm not going to post 8-2 because it just so freakin' hard, so I'll just post number one already.

1.PCD-Pussycat Dolls
http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/31/17/95edc0a398a04de6e451c110.L.jpg

Happy April Fool's :D

Breaking The Law
04-01-2013, 04:38 PM
Well, I'm not going to post 8-2 because it just so freakin' hard, so I'll just post number one already.

1.PCD-Pussycat Dolls
http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/31/17/95edc0a398a04de6e451c110.L.jpg

:tongue:

That's the kind of album you buy for the cover and throw the music away!

TheWildAndTheYoung
04-01-2013, 06:40 PM
:tongue:

That's the kind of album you buy for the cover and throw the music away!

Yea Ikr

theclansman1114
04-01-2013, 06:51 PM
http://www.waspnation.com/IMAGES/CDs/crimson.jpg

Tracklist:
1.The Titanic Overture
2.The Invisible Boy
3.Arena Of Pleasure
4.Chainsaw Charlie (Murders In The New Morgue)
5.The Gypsy Meets The Boy
6.Doctor Rockter
7.I Am One
8.The Idol
9.Hold On To My Heart
10.The Great Misconceptions Of Me
11.The Story Of Jonathan (Prologue To The Crimson Idol) (reissue bonus track)

W.A.S.P., one of my top five favorite bands of all time as of recently.This album is definitely their best, and is also definitely one of the best concept albums of all time IMO.Everything is great about this album, from the opening haunting track "The Titanic Overture" to the closing narrative "The Story Of Jonathan" (if you have the reissue).Blackie Lawless has just made a true masterpiece, and nothing he ever made or ever will make will never top this, never, ever.Standouts include the best ballad WASP ever made "Hold On To My Heart", the highly underrated "Doctor Rockter", and my favorite WASP song of all time, the metal bombast of "Chainsaw Charlie (Murders In The Morgue)".

Standout Track:
"Chainsaw Charlie (Murders In The New Morgue)" http://grooveshark.com/s/Chainsaw+Charlie+Murders+In+The+New+Morgue/3VXRjJ?src=5

I love this album, and agree 100%! One of the best all-time!

theclansman1114
04-01-2013, 06:51 PM

1.PCD-Pussycat Dolls

Hahahaha :lol:

TheWildAndTheYoung
04-02-2013, 05:48 AM
8.Generation Wild - Crashdiet
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/44132335/Generation+Wild.jpg

Year Of Release: 2010

Tracklist:
1.442 (Intro)
2.Armageddon
3.So Alive
4.Generation Wild
5.Rebel
6.Save Her
7.Down With The Dust
8.Native Nature
9.Chemical
10.Bound To Fall
11.Beautiful Pain

Genre: Glam Metal/Sleaze Rock

The top album of my glam metal revival thread makes the number 8 spot here.Crashdiet (along with Hardcore Superstar) is the leader of the Swedish Glam Metal seen.Generation Wild is not only Crashdiet's best album,and it's not only the best "NEW" glam metal album, it's also the best album of the new millennium period IMO.They have the perfect mix of Guns 'N' Roses, Motley Crue, and Skid Row influences to make a album that is truly spectacular.Simon Cruz sings like Sebastian Bach with a modern twist, Martin Sweet is more of a riff master than a solo master, but he can still no doubt shred.Peter London plays the bass really well, keep the backbone for the rest of the band, and Eric Young crashes on the drums with a drum sound that is incredible.Highlights include "Chemical" with that comes with a killer chorus, the power ballad "Save Her", and the anthem for the new glam metal generation, the bombastic title-track.

Standout Track:
"Generation Wild" http://grooveshark.com/s/Generation+Wild/32Gnts?src=5

John The Drummer
04-02-2013, 01:17 PM
Whitesnake just came on the radio and I RIGHT AWAY thought of you, Wild one :D :lol:

TheWildAndTheYoung
04-02-2013, 01:21 PM
7.Shake Your Money Maker - The Black Crowes
http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/88/2a/3cb8228348a0407827af2110.L.jpg

Tracklist:
1.Twice As Hard
2.Jealous Again
3.Sister Luck
4.Could I've Been So Blind
5.Seeing Things
6.Hard To Handle
7.Thick N' Thin
8.She Talks To Angels
9.Struttin' Blues
10.Stare It Cold
11.Don't Wake Me (Bonus Track)
12.She Talks To Angels (Acoustic - Bonus Track)
13.Mercy, Sweet Moan (Bonus Track)

Genre: Blues Rock/Southern Rock/Hard Rock

The Black Crowes are THE blues and southern rock band IMO.Some may say Aerosmith, but they seem to have a more fresher sound then Aerosmith to me.This is definitely their best album, and it's my second favorite debut album of all time.Chris Robinson has the gritty tone and swagger in his voice that I love, and he uses both well.The guitar duo of Rich Robinson and Jeff Cease is one that can only be topped by few.Drum player Steve Gorman pounds on the drums proving to be one of my favorite drum players, and Johnny Colt tightens things up with his excellent bass playing.Highlights include the rockin' opener "Twice As Hard", the underrated bar fight song "Thick N' Thin", and my personnel favorite, the grooving "Struttin' Blues".

Standout Track:
"Struttin' Blues" http://grooveshark.com/s/Struttin+Blues/2ohHvM?src=5

TheWildAndTheYoung
04-02-2013, 01:23 PM
Whitesnake just came on the radio and I RIGHT AWAY thought of you, Wild one :D :lol:

Cool :D, and as my curious mind must ask, what song?

TheWildAndTheYoung
04-03-2013, 06:35 AM
6.Appetite For Destruction - Guns 'N' Roses
http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/d6/94/fc31024128a09150faf7f010.L.jpg

Tracklist:
1.Welcome To The Jungle
2.It's So Easy
3.Nightrain
4.Out Ta Get Me
5.Mr Brownstone
6.Paradise City
7.My Michelle
8.Think About You
9.Sweet Child O' Mine
10.You're Crazy
11.Anything Goes
12.Rocket Queen

Genre: Heavy Metal/Hard Rock

Guns 'N' Roses were once a great band, and I unfortunately wasn't alive when they were.This debut album is IMO the best debut album of all time.The guitars of Slash and Izzy Stradlin have a certain crunch to them that no one else has, and that makes the stellar riffs and solos that much more better.Axl Rose has probably the best gritty voice in all of rock music, if only he could have continued to improve this band.On the rhythm side is Duff McKagan on the bass and Steven Adler, both of whom form a tight backbone that fits perfectly with the rest of the band.Highlights include the vastly underrated "Think About You", the funky "Mr. Brownstone", and my all time favorite GnR song, the kickin' "Nightrain".The band, as we all know, began to falter shortly after this, but this is right here is still their finest hour.

Standout Track:
"Nightrain" http://grooveshark.com/s/Nightrain/1ODvSr?src=5

devilball
04-03-2013, 10:06 AM
GnR is about where i'd put it. I was in the crowd at Donnington 1988 when GnR played and two guys died. Not much fun being only 16 & wedged in a 100,000+ crowd so tightly your feet didn't touch the ground and you were being carried along by the crush trying desperately not to go down. I only got out 'cause I got in behind someone built like a brick shthouse who decided he'd had enough as well.
Black Crowes, I prefer Southern Harmony..... myself, and neither'd make the top 20.

TheWildAndTheYoung
04-03-2013, 11:20 AM
GnR is about where i'd put it. I was in the crowd at Donnington 1988 when GnR played and two guys died. Not much fun being only 16 & wedged in a 100,000+ crowd so tightly your feet didn't touch the ground and you were being carried along by the crush trying desperately not to go down. I only got out 'cause I got in behind someone built like a brick shthouse who decided he'd had enough as well.
Black Crowes, I prefer Southern Harmony..... myself, and neither'd make the top 20.

Yea, GnR was probably the most dangerous band to go see according to what I've been told.And Southern Harmony is pretty good, but it didn't stick to me like Money Maker did

TheWildAndTheYoung
04-03-2013, 11:52 AM
5.A Day At The Races - Queen
http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/54/47/a18081b0c8a0b0ed09ee8110.L.jpg

Tracklist:
1.Tie Your Mother Down
2.You Take My Breath Away
3.Long Away
4.The Millionaire Waltz
5.You And I
6.Somebody To Love
7.White Man
8.Good-Old Fashioned Lover Boy
9.Drowse
10.Teo Torriatte (Let Us Cling Together)

Genre: Rock/Metal

Almost all Queen fans will say either Queen II or A Night At The Opera is their best album.Let me just say that A Day At The Races beats every other Queen album by leaps and bounds.Freddie Mercury voice is as good as possible on this record, especially on "Somebody To Love".Brian May's guitar playing is astonishing as always, and legendary bass player John Deacon is at his personnel best, as well as drum player Roger Taylor.This album is most of the time overlooked because of A Night At The Opera, but I honestly can't see a real reason not think this is one of Queen's finest works.Standouts include the scorching opener "Tie Your Mother Down", the highly underrated "Good-Old Fashioned Lover Boy", and my favorite Queen song, the mellow rocker "Long Away".Queen's best work.

Standout Track:
"Long Away" http://grooveshark.com/s/03+Queen+Long+Away/oIUrk?src=5

TheWildAndTheYoung
04-04-2013, 08:52 AM
4.Pyromania - Def Leppard
http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/58/12/f20f228348a0559d87448110.L.jpg

Tracklist:
1.Rock! Rock! (Till You Drop)
2.Photograph
3.Stagefright
4.Too Late For Love
5.Die Hard The Hunter
6.Foolin'
7.Rock Of Ages
8.Comin' Under Fire
9.Action! Not Words
10.Billy's Got A Gun

Genre: Hard Rock/NWOBHM

Def Leppard has to rank in my top 5 favorite bands of all-time.They have released many great albums, and it's very hard to choose their best.But in the end the top spot has to go to Pyromania.The twin attack of Steve Clark and Phil Collin is one that cannot be match, and they're probably my favorite guitar duo of all-time.Rick Allen is my second favorite drummer of all time, and he is an absolute beast on this record.Rick Savage is also an extremely great bass player, and Joe Elliot reaches the peak of his career on this album IMO.Standouts include the EXTREMELY underrated "Billy's Got A Gun", the haunting Def Leppard classic "Too Late For Love", and my favorite Def Leppard song, the electric "Stagefright".

Standout Track:
"Stagefright" http://grooveshark.com/s/Stagefright/2rXLyX?src=5

The_jman
04-04-2013, 01:22 PM
http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/58/12/f20f228348a0559d87448110.L.jpg

Tracklist:
1.Rock! Rock! (Till You Drop)
2.Photograph
3.Stagefright
4.Too Late For Love
5.Die Hard The Hunter
6.Foolin'
7.Rock Of Ages
8.Comin' Under Fire
9.Action! Not Words
10.Billy's Got A Gun

Genre: Hard Rock/NWOBHM

Def Leppard has to rank in my top 5 favorite bands of all-time.They have released many great albums, and it's very hard to choose their best.But in the end the top spot has to go to Pyromania.The twin attack of Steve Clark and Phil Collin is one that cannot be match, and they're probably my favorite guitar duo of all-time.Rick Allen is my second favorite drummer of all time, and he is an absolute beast on this record.Rick Savage is also an extremely great bass player, and Joe Elliot reaches the peak of his career on this album IMO.Standouts include the EXTREMELY underrated "Billy's Got A Gun", the haunting Def Leppard classic "Too Late For Love", and my favorite Def Leppard song, the electric "Stagefright".

Standout Track:
"Stagefright" http://grooveshark.com/s/Stagefright/2rXLyX?src=5
its a great album. too late for love, and foolin are my favorites.

John The Drummer
04-04-2013, 01:37 PM
Cool :D, and as my curious mind must ask, what song?

What WS song do you think they'd play on the radio? :tongue:

TheWildAndTheYoung
04-04-2013, 02:38 PM

I've heard "Still Of The Night" dozens of times on the radio, and the first time I heard "Is This Love" was on the radio

TheWildAndTheYoung
04-04-2013, 04:21 PM
3.Extreme II: Pornograffitti - Extreme
http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/79/6b/83cb81b0c8a0dabe1d269110.L.jpg

Tracklist:
1.Decadence Dance
2.Li'l Jack Horny
3.When I'm President
4.Get The Funk Out
5.More Than Words
6.Money (In God We Trust)
7.It ('s A Monster)
8.Pornograffitti
9.When I First Kissed You
10.Suzi (Wants Her All Day What?)
11.He-Man Woman Hater
12.Song For Love
13.Hole Hearted

Genre: Funk Metal/Heavy Metal/Hard Rock

Extreme are one of the most underrated bands on the planet.Sure, "More Than Words" and "Hole Hearted" were smash hits, but they never got any much more recognition than that.This album is by no doubt their best, and it's looesly concept album of sorts about trying to find love in a sex-craved society.This album features a diverse range of styles, featuring prominently Funk Metal (Get The Funk Out, When I'm President, among others), glam metal (Decadence Dance), jazz (When I First Kissed You), and folk rock (Hole Hearted), to name a few.Gary Cherone is quite a unique singer, sporting a very good vocal range.Pat Badger is possibly one of my favorite bass players of all time, and Paul Geary keeps a great drum rhythm throughout the entire album.Nuno Bettencourt is my all time favorite guitar player at the moment, and his guitar playing as had a huge influence on me.Standouts include the funky anthem "Get The Funk Out", the mid-tempo "Li'l Jack Horny", which has possibly one of the best guitar riffs of all time, and the best Extreme song, and one of the best album openers in the history of music, "Decadence Dance".

Standout Track:
"Decadence Dance" http://grooveshark.com/s/Decadence+Dance/1YW2Ny?src=5

TheWildAndTheYoung
04-05-2013, 07:28 AM
2.Operation: Mindcrime - Queensryche
http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/87/a9/c0e68149e7a0b64ada74d110.L.jpg

Tracklist:
1.I Remember Now
2.Anarchy-X
3.Revolution Calling
4.Operation: Mindcrime
5.Speak
6.Spreading The Disease
7.The Mission
8.Suite Sister Mary
9.The Needle Lies
10.Electric Requiem
11.Breaking The Silence
12.I Don't Believe In Love
13.Waiting For 22
14.My Empty Room
15.Eyes Of A Stranger

Genre: Progressive Metal

We all now about how great this album is, how it is a masterpiece and Queensryche's best album, so I won't go into long detail about stuff you already know.I'm just going to get to the point, this album is a perfect piece of musical brilliance.This was when Geoff Tate was a great frontman, and when Chris DeGarmo and Michael Wilton were at their all-time high guitar wise.Eddie Jackson is a phenomenal bass player, and same goes for drummer Scott Rockenfield.Highlights for me include ever so awesome title-track, the sometimes overlooked "Breaking The Silence", and the best one on the record and the first song I heard on this, "I Don't Believe In Love".

Standout Track:
"I Don't Believe In Love" http://grooveshark.com/s/I+Don+t+Believe+In+Love/4zNNWv?src=5

Sanitarium78
04-05-2013, 07:46 AM

There's a number of songs from Whitesanke that classic rock radio plays. Fool For Your Loving, Slow N Easy, Slide It In, Still Of The Night, Here I Go Again, Is This Love, Give Me All Your Love.

WHICH ONE IS IT DAMMIT?!!!!:D

Operation Mindcrime is one of the greatest albums ever. If it's not in every metal fans top ten then they have no clue about the greatness they're missing.

TheWildAndTheYoung
04-05-2013, 08:00 AM
There's a number of songs from Whitesanke that classic rock radio plays. Fool For Your Loving, Slow N Easy, Slide It In, Still Of The Night, Here I Go Again, Is This Love, Give Me All Your Love.

Operation Mindcrime is one of the greatest albums ever. If it's not in every metal fans top ten then they have no clue about the greatness they're missing.

I wish mine would play these

TheWildAndTheYoung
04-05-2013, 10:27 AM
Before I show what number one is, I just want to say I'm really surprised at all the good response this as gotten considering what it mostly is comprised of, and thanks for all the supporting comments that you've guys made on this list.Keep On Rockin'! :rocker:

DethMaiden
04-05-2013, 10:31 AM
I think it's a testament to Operation: Mindcrime's greatness that even though I hate almost everything you listen to, it's your second favorite album, and probably in my top 5 as well.

TheWildAndTheYoung
04-05-2013, 11:52 AM
I think it's a testament to Operation: Mindcrime's greatness that even though I hate almost everything you listen to, it's your second favorite album, and probably in my top 5 as well.

Exactly, it's just a masterpiece.Plain and simple

JRA
04-05-2013, 12:21 PM

When I clicked on the thread and saw that I thought I had clicked on Maiden33's thread by mistake.

Somewhere In Time was already listed in this thread right? :eyes:

and yes I Don't Believe In Love is the jam!

kalfitegrdan
04-05-2013, 12:28 PM
I'm confused, where's the Maiden? :confused:

Rocco44
04-05-2013, 12:41 PM

I guess I have no clue lol. Solid album but I'm just not a big fan of that sound. It definitely wouldn't be in my top 100 although if I listened to it back when it came out or earlier in my musical education I might regard it differently.

TheWildAndTheYoung
04-05-2013, 01:02 PM
I'm confused, where's the Maiden? :confused:

I will probably get so many hate messages and death threats for this, but I've never been a huge Maiden fan. I do like them, but I just don't know why I can't get into them that much.I have tried and tried and tried, and while they are a good band, I just can't become a die hard fan for some awkward reason.I know, I'm one of the biggest wackos on the planet.

John The Drummer
04-05-2013, 01:13 PM
I've heard "Still Of The Night" dozens of times on the radio, and the first time I heard "Is This Love" was on the radio

It was "Here I Go Again"... it's the only one that actually gets played on the radio here :hmm:

XDoomsayerX
04-05-2013, 02:00 PM
I will probably get so many hate messages and death threats for this, but I've never been a huge Maiden fan. I do like them, but I just don't know why I can't get into them that much.I have tried and tried and tried, and while they are a good band, I just can't become a die hard fan for some awkward reason.I know, I'm one of the biggest wackos on the planet.

Dont worry your ears will improve ;)

dcmetal108
04-05-2013, 07:20 PM

This.

TheWildAndTheYoung
04-05-2013, 07:32 PM

I actually hope you're right,

TheWildAndTheYoung
04-05-2013, 07:55 PM
AND NUMBER ONE IS................................................ ....

1.New Jersey - Bon Jovi
http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/2f/6d/0794c0a398a0021b255d0210.L.jpg

Tracklist:
1.Lay Your Hands On Me
2.Bad Medicine
3.Born To Be My Baby
4.Living In Sin
5.Blood On Blood
6.Homebound Train
7.Wild Is The Wind
8.Ride Cowboy Ride
9.Stick To Your Guns
10.I'll Be There For You
11.99 In The Shade
12.Love For Sale

Genre: Hard Rock/Glam Metal

At first you're going, "Bon Jovi ahead of Mindcrime? WHAT???!!!", bu let me tell you why this is ahead of Queensryche.This album has been with me ever since I heard Bad Medicine for the first time when I was 4 years old.It's probably the first album I was introduced to along with Slippery and Switchfoot's The Beautiful Letdown (all introduced to me through my dad).This album is just a true hard rock classic.I know it's not metal, and Bon Jovi never called themselves a metal band did they? The overall cowboy feel of the album is extremely unique IMO for the time and music the band played.Jon provides his best vocal performances on this album, and Richie bust out some of the best riffs and solos of all time.David's keyboards aren't over-the-top like on Slippery, they are just right.Tico his at his personnel best also, with drums that just crash like thunder, and Alec 's awesome bass playing provides the perfect wall of sound that the music needs.Highlights (even though extremely hard to choose) are epic-opener "Lay Your Hands On Me", which IMO is the best opening song on an album in the history of music, the EXTREMELY underrated cowboy ballad "Wild Is The Wind", and my favorite song of all-time as of this moment, th "Blood On Blood".My friends, New Jersey is my favorite album of all-time.

Standout Track:
"Blood On Blood" http://grooveshark.com/s/Blood+On+Blood/2pgcZv?src=5

JRA
04-05-2013, 08:00 PM
I'm more shocked New Jersey is ahead of Slippery Than Wet to be honest.

dcmetal108
04-05-2013, 08:02 PM

This.

TheWildAndTheYoung
04-05-2013, 08:09 PM

I figured a lot of people would think this

El Gordo
04-05-2013, 08:16 PM
Pfft... New Jersey? Metal? 1988?

http://www.metal-archives.com/images/1/3/8/6/1386.jpg

BAM. Wish granted. Those ears of yours will improve.

Anyway, nice work. I'll never listen to a good portion of the albums you've listed, but at least you're dedicated.

TheWildAndTheYoung
04-05-2013, 08:42 PM
Pfft... New Jersey? Metal? 1988?

http://www.metal-archives.com/images/1/3/8/6/1386.jpg

BAM. Wish granted. Those ears of yours will improve.

Anyway, nice work. I'll never listen to a good portion of the albums you've listed, but at least you're dedicated.
I actually don't mind a little Overkill. I saw the video for Hello From The Gutter when I was about 8 or 9 on VH1classic, which is were I watched 80's videos all day everyday (when I wasn't playing guitar of course), and I thought it was rifftastic

TheWildAndTheYoung
04-06-2013, 07:05 PM
Honorable Mention:
Hated - Sister
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/415wDE-QmuL.jpg

Honorable Mention:
Screw It! - Danger Danger
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/516W1j2hUwL.jpg

Honorable Mention:
The Headless Children - W.A.S.P.
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61iP1vii7HL.jpg

Honorable Mention:
Back For The Attack - Dokken
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71EJEGpxhNL.jpg

Honorable Mention:
Wretched And Divine: The Story Of The Wild Ones - Black Veil Brides
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51Ea-ewLaNL.jpg

theclansman1114
04-07-2013, 05:49 PM
I can't agree with a lot of your list since I don't like a lot of hair/glam. But I must say, nice job staying with it!

Nater
04-07-2013, 05:54 PM
What a great list. I've been on a journey since your 2 lists to gather as many of these albums as I could because at most I have a ton of greatest hits.

TheWildAndTheYoung
04-07-2013, 06:37 PM
What a great list. I've been on a journey since your 2 lists to gather as many of these albums as I could because at most I have a ton of greatest hits.

Sweet man, great to here you liked a lot of this stuff,

The_jman
04-08-2013, 06:12 PM
I so called new jersey about 70 albums ago, when he revealed slippery wouldn't be be number 1.

TheWildAndTheYoung
04-08-2013, 08:06 PM
I so called new jersey about 70 albums ago, when he revealed slippery wouldn't be be number 1.

That's correct, I remember that

XDoomsayerX
04-09-2013, 12:03 PM
Props for finishing this. 5 years from now your music taste will be much more varied. ;)

TheWildAndTheYoung
04-09-2013, 02:01 PM
Props for finishing this. 5 years from now your music taste will be much more varied. ;)

They will be, but glam will always be my favorite genre, no matter what

SomewhereInTime72
04-09-2013, 09:28 PM
never say never

or always :tongue:

John The Drummer
04-10-2013, 01:29 PM
They will be, but glam will always be my favorite genre, no matter what

I used to say Slipknot will always be my all-time favorite band, and I can barely listen to them now. Once you start expanding your tastes then you will hear and like new styles and bands.

Learning is half the battle. GI JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOE
:allan:

XDoomsayerX
04-10-2013, 02:08 PM
I used to say Slipknot will always be my all-time favorite band, and I can barely listen to them now. Once you start expanding your tastes then you will hear and like new styles and bands.

SAME! lol

energymetal14
04-11-2013, 06:08 AM
I enjoyed reading this list. I used to love all thus stuff, but I never knew nearly as much as you do about glam! Nice job on the list.

And about glam always being your favorite genre, I thought the same thing when I was A13-14, and now I barely listen to it. Bur maybe for you it really is your thing, which is cool.

TheWildAndTheYoung
04-11-2013, 10:26 AM
I enjoyed reading this list. I used to love all thus stuff, but I never knew nearly as much as you do about glam! Nice job on the list.

And about glam always being your favorite genre, I thought the same thing when I was A13-14, and now I barely listen to it. Bur maybe for you it really is your thing, which is cool.

This is what I really think.It has been my favorite genre for about 6-7 years now, it's what I've grown up on.I honestly think the only way it will change is most likely my mind would have to be warped.I've listened to almost all metal and rock genres, so it's not like I only listen to glam and refuse to give anything else a chance.The only other genre that could possibly in any way take the top spot is power metal.

TheWildAndTheYoung
04-11-2013, 10:42 AM
I need to make one little change to this list.I've thought about a lot, and Iron Maiden's "Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son" really needs to be on this list.I just can't stop listening to it now.I will be removing Wrathchild's "Stakk Attack" album of the list, and putting the Maiden album at 60 and moving just everything up one before that one.I'll post the changes later, just thought I'd let everybody know

TheWildAndTheYoung
04-12-2013, 06:27 AM
Change on the list: Number 60
Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son - Iron Maiden
http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/23/1a/5840c060ada08e83c8029110.L.jpg

Tracklist:
1.Moonchild
2.Infinite Dreams
3.Can I Play With Madness?
4.The Evil That Men Do
5.Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
6.The Prophecy
7.The Clairvoyant
8.Only The Good Die Young

I'm sorry for making a sudden change in the list after it is over, but I had to.When the comments about Iron Maiden popped up earlier on the thread, I decided to give it a chance.I listened to this album first and was blown away.I have listened to it non-stop the past few days, and it really deserves a spot on this list.I don't even really need to say anything more about the members other than all five of them are INCREDIBLE.There's really nothing more to say about them, because that's what they truly are.Highlights for me include the excellent closing number "Only The Good Die Young", the powerful anthem "The Evil That Men Do", and the best Maiden song of all-time IMO, "Can I Play With Madness"

Standout Track:
"Can I Play With Madness" http://grooveshark.com/s/Can+I+Play+With+Madness/4gcZz7?src=5

PowerMaiden
04-12-2013, 08:11 AM
hey kid, cool about 7 Th Son, but Can I Play With Madness is in the short list (maybe 5-10 songs max) of worst Maiden songs ever

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

DethMaiden
04-12-2013, 08:12 AM
the best Maiden song of all-time IMO, "Can I Play With Madness"

well there's your problem

Sanitarium78
04-12-2013, 08:16 AM
This is why you wait until your're a bit older before you do a top 100 albums list. So much can change in your taste's from from when you're a teenager to when you get a little older. I'll be 35 this year and i'm always discovering new bands I like, so my list would be forever changing. When I was a kid, Def Leppard was my favorite band and i'm sure I thought at one time they would always be. Well, 20 something years later and that's not the case. I'm not sure if they would crack my top 20-25 bands ever right now. I still like them and listen to the band but a lot of what I used to feel towards them is gone. I still love most of their stuff but one of the main reasons I listen to them now is for nostalgia more than anything.

I think Seventh Son is Maiden's best album but if you think Can I Play With Madenss is the best Maiden song ever you really need to dig deep and listen to their catalog more closely. It's a good tune and very fun to sing along with live but it is far, far from their best song.

TheWildAndTheYoung
04-12-2013, 08:55 AM
well there's your problem

What he said.I really don't see what's the matter with it, to my knowledge a lot of people like it, but hey I like what a lot of people hate.

TheWildAndTheYoung
04-12-2013, 08:59 AM
This is why you wait until your're a bit older before you do a top 100 albums list. So much can change in your taste's from from when you're a teenager to when you get a little older. I'll be 35 this year and i'm always discovering new bands I like, so my list would be forever changing. When I was a kid, Def Leppard was my favorite band and i'm sure I thought at one time they would always be. Well, 20 something years later and that's not the case. I'm not sure if they would crack my top 20-25 bands ever right now. I still like them and listen to the band but a lot of what I used to feel towards them is gone. I still love most of their stuff but one of the main reasons I listen to them now is for nostalgia more than anything.

I think Seventh Son is Maiden's best album but if you think Can I Play With Madenss is the best Maiden song ever you really need to dig deep and listen to their catalog more closely. It's a good tune and very fun to sing along with live but it is far, far from their best song.Well of course this list is bound to change, but is that going to stop me from making it? HECK TO THE NO.My list will probably be changing till the day I die, so what.I've listened to pretty much all of Maiden's stuff now, because I did a thing that I do with all new bands I discover.I listen to all of their albums from start to finish in order.I can safely say Can I Play With Madness is my favorite song at this point.Sure, it might change in the future, but for right now that is my favorite song by them.I just can't stop listening to it.

I will be putting up a whole list of the albums most likely tomorrow.Maybe latter today if I have time.Got band rehearsal and than immediately after heading to the Fox to see NEEDTOBREATHE.Just thought I let everyone know because it might confuse some about the list order.

SomewhereInTime72
04-12-2013, 06:21 PM
Yeah any time is as good as ever to make a top albums list, because as long as you're the type to actively seek out new music, it's bound to change over the years. Being young just means that there's more years ahead of you for it to change. But if I did a top 100 albums every year it'd probably be shaken up significantly every year. Not even just by discovering new music, but shifting preferences as well.

:2cents:

NickLed19
04-12-2013, 08:09 PM
Can I Play With Madness, is one of the worst Maiden songs. Far from the best.

TheWildAndTheYoung
04-12-2013, 09:30 PM
I'm actually pretty much in shock at everyone's opinion on "Can I Play With Madness" is.I really don't see how someone could not like it

IrritatedTrout
04-13-2013, 05:39 AM
Can I Play With Madness is a fine song and a great live number but when I think of the best Maiden songs it is nowhere near that list. Nowhere near the worst either though.

El Gordo
04-13-2013, 06:20 AM
Yeah, nothing wrong with "Can I Play With Madness", but when I think of all the other songs on that album... it just doesn't even come close. Then again, when I think about Wild's tastes, it makes absolute sense. It's simple and catchy, just like hair metal. But dude, listen to the title track. Then listen to it again. Then listen to it again. And again. And again.

TheWildAndTheYoung
04-13-2013, 07:38 AM
Yeah, nothing wrong with "Can I Play With Madness", but when I think of all the other songs on that album... it just doesn't even come close. Then again, when I think about Wild's tastes, it makes absolute sense. It's simple and catchy, just like hair metal. But dude, listen to the title track. Then listen to it again. Then listen to it again. And again. And again.

My opinion will probably change in a week but that's the song that pulled me in.I will continue to listen to the whole album again and again though

TheWildAndTheYoung
04-13-2013, 08:18 AM
Here's a recap of the whole list:

100.L.A. Guns - L.A. Guns
99.It's Only Rock Rock 'N' Roll - The Rolling Stones
98.New World Messiah - Nocturnal Rites
97.Tell No Tales - TNT
96.FireHouse - FireHouse
95.Pedal To The Metal - Blessed By A Broken Heart
94.Enuff Z'Nuff - Enuff Z'Nuff
93.Hot Wire - Kix
92.Isolate - Circus Maximus
91.Keeper Of The Seven Keys, Part II - Helloween
90.Addicted To Metal - Kissin' Dynamite
89.Reckless Love - Reckless Love
88.H.e.a.t - H.e.a.t
87.America's Least Wanted - Ugly Kid Joe
86.War - U2
85.Nightfall In Middle-Earth - Blind Guardian
84.Under The Blade - Twisted Sister
83.No Rest For The Wicked - Ozzy Osbourne
82.New Religion - Crazy Lixx
81.Twelve Shots On The Rocks - Hanoi Rocks
80.Permission To Land - The Darkness
79.Freedom Rock - H.e.a.t
78.Billion Dollar Babies - Alice Cooper
77.Sheer Heart Attack - Queen
76.Night Songs - Cinderella
75.Permanent Vacation - Aerosmith
74.Hardcore Superstar - Hardcore Superstar
73.Winger - Winger
72.5150 - Van Halen
71.Extreme - Extreme
70.Prisoners In Paradise - Europe
69.Revolver - The Beatles
68.Danger Danger - Danger Danger
67.Tooth And Nail - Dokken
66.The Lost Christmas Eve - Trans-Siberian Orchestra
65.In The Heart Of The Young - Winger
64.Van Halen II - Van Halen
63.Frontiers - Journey
62.Soldiers Under Command - Stryper
61.Set The World On Fire - Black Veil Brides
60.Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son - Iron Maiden
59.Faster Pussycat - Faster Pussycat
58.Rage For Order - Queensryche
57.Pride - White Lion
56.The Last Command - W.A.S.P.
55.4 - Foreigner
54.After The Rain - Nelson
53.Dirty Rotten Filthy Stinking Rich - Warrant
52.Mechanical Resonance - Tesla
51.Wings Of Tomorrow - Europe
50.Whitesnake - Whitesnake
49.Queen II - Queen
48.Rest In Sleaze - Crashdiet
47.The Ultimate Sin - Ozzy Osbourne
46.Flesh & Blood - Poison
45.The Outsiders - NEEDTOBREATHE
44.Hey Stoopid - Alice Cooper
43.Painkiller - Judas Priest
42.Keeper Of The Seven Keys, Part I - Helloween
41.Heartbreak Station - Cinderella
40.Out Of The Cellar - Ratt
39.Slippery When Wet - Bon Jovi
38.Hysteria - Def Leppard
37.The Savage PLayground - Crashdiet
36.Too Fast For Love - Motley Crue
35.Ride The Lightning - Metallica
33.Nothing Is Sound - Switchfoot
32.III Sides To Every Story - Extreme
31.Detonator - Ratt
30.Bounce - Bon Jovi
29.Skid Row - Skid Row
28.Rocks - Aerosmith
26.Keep The Faith - Bon Jovi
23.Look What The Cat Dragged In - Poison
22.Live...In The Raw - W.A.S.P.
19.Blow My Fuse - Kix
18.Feel The Power - Blessed By A Broken Heart
17.Raised On Radio - Journey
16.Destroyer - KISS
13.These Days - Bon Jovi
11.Stranger In This Town - Richie Sambora
9.Van Halen - Van Halen
1.New Jersey - Bon Jovi

El Gordo
04-13-2013, 01:24 PM
My opinion will probably change in a week but that's the song that pulled me in.I will continue to listen to the whole album again and again though

It's cool. People are giving you a bit of a hard time about it. If you like Madness the best, then so be it. Like I said, it makes sense given your musical tastes.

JRA
04-13-2013, 03:54 PM
I don't quite get the hate for Madness either, but best?

I mean, I like it better than Clairvoyant...

Sanitarium78
04-14-2013, 06:23 AM
I think the reason a lot of people don't like Can I Play With Madness is because they consider it too commercial sounding. I guess they would rather have Maiden come out with an album and have it flop than have a song on it that's accessable to everyone to promote the record. As long as the songwriting is good and with Maiden it usually is, there's no reason to be upset about a band wanting to write a song or two to be singles off each album.

It's odd, Wasted Years has easily the most commerical and catchy Maiden chorus of all time. Yet just about everybody loves that tune but they get on CIPWM for being too commercial.

es156
04-14-2013, 11:46 AM
I mean, I like it better than Clairvoyant...

You can't be serious...

IrritatedTrout
04-14-2013, 12:43 PM
Oh, WildandYoung, check out the live version of Madness from Maiden England. The keyboards are very in your face on that one. :lol:

NickLed19
04-14-2013, 01:04 PM
You can't be serious...

That's what I was thinking.

XDoomsayerX
04-14-2013, 01:16 PM
Madness is just boring. It's okay kid is just discovering maiden :)

TheWildAndTheYoung
04-14-2013, 01:20 PM
Oh, WildandYoung, check out the live version of Madness from Maiden England. The keyboards are very in your face on that one. :lol:

I will definitely check it out

PowerMaiden
04-14-2013, 01:50 PM
That's what I was thinking.

me too

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

JRA
04-14-2013, 06:17 PM
The biggest problem I guess was Steve's bass tone. I felt like that song would have benefitted more with a slap pop sound.

treghet
04-14-2013, 07:44 PM
I like how the discussion in this thread has changed from "Glam metal is your favrote genre? To each his own then" to "Can I Play With Madness is seriously your favorite Maiden song? What the hell is wrong with you?!"

TheWildAndTheYoung
04-14-2013, 08:12 PM
I like how the discussion in this thread has changed from "Glam metal is your favrote genre? To each his own then" to "Can I Play With Madness is seriously your favorite Maiden song? What the hell is wrong with you?!"

Funny I was literally thinking the exact same thing

dcmetal108
04-14-2013, 08:51 PM
I'll say what everyone else is thinking :

Not enough breakdowns!

TheWildAndTheYoung
04-19-2013, 09:55 AM
Before this list thread is put to rest, I would really like to see what albums everybody liked on this list, so if you can please post a list of the albums you liked, as I am very curious to see what everybody thought.

adamclark52
04-19-2013, 12:42 PM
The only ones I own/liked were U2 'War', the Darkness 'Permission to Land', the Beatles 'Revolver', Bon Jovi 'Bounce' and Metallica 'Ride the Lightning'. I also liked anything you had by Van Halen, Ugly Kid Joe, Motley Crue, Guns 'N' Roses, Skid Row and Iron Maiden but probably will never own any of those albums.

TheWildAndTheYoung
04-19-2013, 03:16 PM
The only ones I own/liked were U2 'War', the Darkness 'Permission to Land', the Beatles 'Revolver', Bon Jovi 'Bounce' and Metallica 'Ride the Lightning'. I also liked anything you had by Van Halen, Ugly Kid Joe, Motley Crue, Guns 'N' Roses, Skid Row and Iron Maiden but probably will never own any of those albums.

cool thanks for posting your likes!

energymetal14
04-22-2013, 10:19 PM
80.Permission To Land - The Darkness
73.Winger - Winger
67.Tooth And Nail - Dokken
29.Skid Row - Skid Row
16.Destroyer - KISS

Most I don't listen to much anymore, but these are all albums that at some point had an impact on me.

John The Drummer
04-23-2013, 01:26 PM
72.5150 - Van Halen
9.Van Halen - Van Halen

I just glanced through the list. There were probably more that I "Like", but I am not familiar with a lot of these albums as a whole, and just the singles.

TheWildAndTheYoung
04-23-2013, 02:21 PM
72.5150 - Van Halen
9.Van Halen - Van Halen

I just glanced through the list. There were probably more that I "Like", but I am not familiar with a lot of these albums as a whole, and just the singles.
Looks like the ones I expected people would like are the ones that are getting listed, which is pretty cool.Thanks for posting your likes!

I have also been thinking about doing a history of power metal very similar to El Gordo's thrash through the ages thread.If you guys want to, I would love to hear some thoughts on if I should do it or not.

theclansman1114
04-23-2013, 06:32 PM
Here's a recap of the whole list:

98.New World Messiah - Nocturnal Rites
76.Night Songs - Cinderella
56.The Last Command - W.A.S.P.
41.Heartbreak Station - Cinderella

^Albums I like. Bold means I love ;) I own all minus 2 of the Cinderella's. Only Cinderella I actually own is Heartbreak Station.

Sanitarium78
04-23-2013, 08:16 PM
99.It's Only Rock Rock 'N' Roll - The Rolling Stones
75.Permanent Vacation - Aerosmith
72.5150 - Van Halen
52.Mechanical Resonance - Tesla
30.Bounce - Bon Jovi
29.Skid Row - Skid Row
28.Rocks - Aerosmith
9.Van Halen - Van Halen
1.New Jersey - Bon Jovi

These are the albums that I like. There's a number of them I haven't listened to in years though.

TheWildAndTheYoung
04-27-2013, 09:00 PM
OMG, I just now realize what the Asia country thing is all about.I can't believe I messed that up and didn't realize it till now.I AM SO FREAKIN' STUPID :wallbang:.The funniest thing about this all is that geography is my favorite subject.

TheWildAndTheYoung
04-28-2013, 06:48 PM
I should also tell everyone that my list is VERY likely to change by the end of the year, so I will probably will put a revised version at the end of the year. Nightwish, Stratovarius, Alestorm, Yngwie Malmsteen, and Elvenking all have albums I've been constantly listening to , and I pretty sure they will all earn a place in this list.

TheWildAndTheYoung
05-16-2013, 12:36 PM
Revised List:
100.L.A Guns-L.A. Guns
99.War-U2
98.Feel The Power-Blessed By A Broken Heart
97.New World Messiah-Nocturnal Rites
96.Hated-Sister
95.FireHouse-FireHouse
94.Enuff Z'nuff-Enuff Z'nuff
93.America's Least Wanted-Ugly Kid Joe
92.Tell No Tales-TNT
91.Hot Wire-Kix
90.Addicted To Metal-Kissin' Dynamite
89.Reckless Love-Reckless Love
88.Isolate-Circus Maximus
87.Legacy Of Kings-HammerFall
86.Freedom Rock-H.e.a.t
85.Under The Blade-Twisted Sister
84.Nightfall In Middle-Earth-Blind Guardian
83.No Rest For The Wicked-Ozzy Osbourne
82.Faster Pussycat-Faster Pussycat
81.New Religion-Crazy Lixx
80.Powerslave-Iron Maiden
79.Keeper Of The Seven Keys, Part II-Helloween
78.Permission To Land-The Darkness
77.Twelve Shots On The Rocks-Hanoi Rocks
76.Screaming For Vengeance-Judas Priest
75.Billion Dollar Babies-Alice Cooper
74.Vital Signs-Survivor
73.Night Songs-Cinderella
72.Destroyer-KISS
71.Permanent Vacation-Aerosmith
70.Hardcore Superstar-Hardcore Superstar
69.The Arockalpse-Lordi
68.Winger-Winger
67.5150-Van Halen
66.Back Through Time-Alestorm
65.Prisoners In Paradise-Europe
64.Metal Church-Metal Church
63.Tooth And Nail-Dokken
62.Screw It!-Danger Danger
61.In The Heart Of The Young-Winger
60.Van Halen II-Van Halen
59.Raised On Radio-Journey
58.Somewhere Far Beyond-Blind Guardian
57.Soldiers Under Command-Stryper
56.Set The World On Fire-Black Veil Brides
55.Two Tragedy Poets (...And A Caravan Of Weird Figures)-Elvenking
54.Pride-White Lion
53.4-Foreigner
52.The Last Command-W.A.S.P.
51.After The Rain-Nelson
50.Mechanical Resonance-Tesla
49.Rising Force-Yngwie Malmsteen
48.Wings Of Tomorrow-Europe
47.Whitesnake-Whitesnake
46.Queen II-Queen
45.Rest In Sleaze-Crashdiet
44.The Ultimate Sin-Ozzy Osbourne
43.Flesh & Blood-Poison
42.Visions-Stratovarius
41.Hey Stoopid-Alice Cooper
40.Valley Of The Damned-Dragonforce
39.Painkiller-Judas Priest
38.Keeper Of The Seven Keys, Part 1-Helloween
37.Heartbreak Station-Cinderella
36.Out Of The Cellar-Ratt
35.Slippery When Wet-Bon Jovi
34.Crimson Thunder-HammerFall
33.Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son-Iron Maiden
32.Hysteria-Def Leppard
31.Too Fast For Love-Motley Crue
30.Ride The Lightning-Metallica
29.March Of The Saint-Armored Saint
28.Blow My Fuse-Kix
27.Hall Of The Mountain King-Savatage
26.III Sides To Every Story-Extreme
25.Detonator-Ratt
24.Imaginaerum-Nightwish
23.Bounce-Bon Jovi
22.Skid Row-Skid Row
21.Rocks-Aerosmith
20.Imaginations From The Other Side-Blind Guardian
19.Keep The Faith-Bon Jovi
18.High 'N Dry-Def Leppard
17.Long Cold Winter-Cinderella
16.Look What The Cat Dragged In-Poison
15.Shout At The Devil-Motley Crue
14.Creatures Of The Night-KISS
13.These Days-Bon Jovi
12.The Crimson Idol-W.A.S.P.
11.Stranger In This Town-Richie Sambora
9.Van Halen - Van Halen
1.New Jersey - Bon Jovi

Figured I'd edit it because of the load of new albums I've been listening to over and over again, ones in bold are new inclusions

Breaking The Law
05-17-2013, 01:08 PM
[QUOTE=TheWildAndTheYoung;526588]Revised List:
100.L.A Guns-L.A. Guns *had on cassette, haven't upgraded to CD yet*
95.FireHouse-FireHouse *
92.Tell No Tales-TNT
91.Hot Wire-Kix
87.Legacy Of Kings-HammerFall *CD that got me into power metal*
72.Destroyer-KISS
68.Winger-Winger
67.5150-Van Halen
63.Tooth And Nail-Dokken
53.4-Foreigner
50.Mechanical Resonance-Tesla *have on cassette, haven't upgraded to CD*
47.Whitesnake-Whitesnake
43.Flesh & Blood-Poison
32.Hysteria-Def Leppard
28.Blow My Fuse-Kix
25.Detonator-Ratt
22.Skid Row-Skid Row
21.Rocks-Aerosmith
14.Creatures Of The Night
9.Van Halen - Van Halen
6.Appetite For Destruction - Guns 'N' Roses *have on cassette, haven't upgraded to CD*

These are the ones I have on your list. Pretty good list! ;)

Onioner
05-17-2013, 01:22 PM
You've only just discovered Metal Church? Oh you poor, poor child. Just put the first four albums on shuffle and repeat for the rest of your life and you should be good to go.

Edit: Wait a motherfuckminute, you've only just heard Powerslave and Screaming for Vengeance?! DAFUQ

kalfitegrdan
05-17-2013, 01:23 PM
Revised List:
100.L.A Guns-L.A. Guns
99.War-U2
98.Feel The Power-Blessed By A Broken Heart
97.New World Messiah-Nocturnal Rites
96.Hated-Sister
95.FireHouse-FireHouse
94.Enuff Z'nuff-Enuff Z'nuff
93.America's Least Wanted-Ugly Kid Joe
92.Tell No Tales-TNT
91.Hot Wire-Kix
90.Addicted To Metal-Kissin' Dynamite
89.Reckless Love-Reckless Love
88.Isolate-Circus Maximus
87.Legacy Of Kings-HammerFall
86.H.e.a.t-H.e.a.t
82.Faster Pussycat-Faster Pussycat
81.New Religion-Crazy Lixx
79.Keeper Of The Seven Keys, Part II-Helloween
77.Twelve Shots On The Rocks-Hanoi Rocks
75.Billion Dollar Babies-Alice Cooper
74.Frontiers-Journey
72.Destroyer-KISS
70.Hardcore Superstar-Hardcore Superstar
69.The Arockalpse-Lordi
68.Winger-Winger
67.5150-Van Halen
66.Back Through Time-Alestorm
65.Prisoners In Paradise-Europe
63.Tooth And Nail-Dokken
59.Raised On Radio-Journey
57.Soldiers Under Command-Stryper
56.Set The World On Fire-Black Veil Brides
55.Two Tragedy Poets (...And A Caravan Of Weird Figures)-Elvenking
54.Pride-White Lion
53.4-Foreigner
51.After The Rain-Nelson
50.Mechanical Resonance-Tesla
48.Wings Of Tomorrow-Europe
47.Whitesnake-Whitesnake
46.Queen II-Queen
45.Rest In Sleaze-Crashdiet
43.Flesh & Blood-Poison
42.Visions-Stratovarius
40.Valley Of The Damned-Dragonforce
38.Keeper Of The Seven Keys, Part 1-Helloween
37.Heartbreak Station-Cinderella
32.Hysteria-Def Leppard
28.Blow My Fuse-Kix
25.Detonator-Ratt
24.Imaginaerum-Nightwish
23.Bounce-Bon Jovi
22.Skid Row-Skid Row
21.Rocks-Aerosmith
20.Reckless-Bryan Adams
14.Creatures Of The Night
13.These Days-Bon Jovi
11.Stranger In This Town-Richie Sambora
9.Van Halen - Van Halen
1.New Jersey - Bon Jovi

Figured I'd edit it because of the load of new albums I've been listening to over and over again, ones in bold are new inclusions

Great additions with Hammerfall, Blind Guardian, Maiden, Alestorm, Stratovarius, Judas Priest and Metal Church! Dragonforce and Lordi are the :barf:est of the :barf: though.

TheWildAndTheYoung
05-17-2013, 03:50 PM
You've only just discovered Metal Church? Oh you poor, poor child. Just put the first four albums on shuffle and repeat for the rest of your life and you should be good to go.

Edit: Wait a motherfuckminute, you've only just heard Powerslave and Screaming for Vengeance?! DAFUQ

Yes I've just discovered metal church, but no I've known Powerslave and Screaming for some time now, but only recently have they been albums that I'm obsessed with.

TheWildAndTheYoung
05-21-2013, 04:30 PM
Replaced "Reckless" by Bryan Adams with "Vital Signs" by Survivor

Breaking The Law
05-21-2013, 05:40 PM
Replaced "Reckless" by Bryan Adams with "Vital Signs" by Survivor

How can you have Reckless listed as #20 and then fall out of your top 100 completely?

TheWildAndTheYoung
05-21-2013, 06:00 PM
How can you have Reckless listed as #20 and then fall out of your top 100 completely?

good question, because I don't feel as strongly about it as I once did.I moved it to a different spot at first because I thought it's original placement in this list was not where it should have been in the first place, then I recently have been getting into Survivor and Vital Signs has been on repeat for a few days now, and I couldn't see myself replacing anything else.I thought what album on this list doesn't get played in full hardly at all anymore, and it came down to Reckless.That was a CD I got into like 1 or 2 years ago, and it just doesn't have the power that I think it needs to be in this list anymore.Who knows, maybe it will come back into it sometime in the future, but for now it will stay off.Hope that answered your question.

PowerMaiden
05-21-2013, 06:20 PM
like someone already told you, stop updating this nonsense of your list every 4.5 minutes. Maybe once a year would be reasonable. Nobody is interested in seeing you change it that often as you discover every great album like Powerslave, c'mon man give yourself some time

It gives me exema to see that thread bump up all the time for no reason

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

TheWildAndTheYoung
05-21-2013, 06:26 PM
like someone already told you, stop updating this nonsense of your list every 4.5 minutes. Maybe once a year would be reasonable. Nobody is interested in seeing you change it that often as you discover every great album like Powerslave, c'mon man give yourself some time

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

I honestly don't care that people who hate this think, especially someone who doesn't like the music I like.Every 4.5 minutes is quite overdramatic, since the last time I updated it was about a week ago.Sorry, guess you will have to deal with exema.Why would you care about this list anyway, you obviously hate it and have no interest in it whatsoever, so keep to yourself.And no one even told me to stop updating anyway.

PowerMaiden
05-21-2013, 06:51 PM
we already know you like gay music. If bringing it up every week gives you satisfaction then go ahead, I won't bother you with it anymore

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

TheWildAndTheYoung
05-21-2013, 07:31 PM
we already know you like gay music. If bringing it up every week gives you satisfaction then go ahead, I won't bother you with it anymore

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

That's all I ask dude, don't throw insults at me that I've already heard hundreds of times, because to me it's just another comment from a guy who seems to care about insulting peoples musical taste more than the music he likes

XDoomsayerX
05-21-2013, 10:20 PM

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

This dude is right. I mean why do a My All Time Favorite list only to update it constantly. It's more like an ever changing list of stuff ya really dig. No need to update this just keep track of your list and then update once a year or something. Not trying to bash your music taste here, just no point in bumping your own thread for your own pleasure.

dcmetal108
05-21-2013, 10:45 PM

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

:lol:

This dude is right. I mean why do a My All Time Favorite list only to update it constantly. It's more like an ever changing list of stuff ya really dig. No need to update this just keep track of your list and then update once a year or something. Not trying to bash your music taste here, just no point in bumping your own thread for your own pleasure.

This. Not to sound like a dick but no one gives two fucks what album you just discovered you loved so much to change your all time favorite list then change again 48 hours later. It's almost to the point where you do it just for post count :lol:

Onioner
05-27-2013, 05:02 PM
Dude, the main thing is that you're at the age when you're gonna discover a million amazing older albums non-stop for at least like 3 years straight. And then you find out about all the awesome new bands. It's basically downhill from there. Your tastes are gonna expand and develop into territories you can't even imagine right now. Most of us got into the music we really love during high school, and the more underground and obscure stuff came around then too. Hell, I'm still overwhelmed by the sheer quantity of mind-blowing music out there. I would give anything to be able to listen to and absorb it all.

It's also like JRA said in the thrash thread. Music doesn't exist in a vacuum, our tastes are influenced by the experiences we associate with them. You haven't had those experiences yet man! Don't worry about a top 100 list for now, I can guarantee you that it'll be 180'd by the time you graduate high school.