PDA

View Full Version : AC/DC 2013-2014 40th anniversary tour

Travis The Dragon
01-22-2013, 06:11 PM
Lock up your daughters cause AC/DC has confirmed by Angus Young that a tour is in the works for this year! This will be a celebration of a AC/DC 40th Anniversary Tour.

In the interview Young goes on to talk about the bands diehard fans and the difficulty being able to top the Black Ice Tour which grossed $477 million.

AC/DC typically tours in support of a new album; however the latest album that was released was the ‘AC/DC Live at River Plate’. Angus admitted to working on a new album, but has no idea when it will be released.

The AC/DC World Tour 2013-2014 announcement is right around the corner, stay tuned as we break the news!SOURCE (http://www.frontrowking.com/ticket-news/15-01-2013/breaking-news-acdc-world-tour-2013-2014-confirmed.html)

I really hope they do at least one song from every album on this tour!

mankvill
01-22-2013, 06:26 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing them, but fuck if I'm gonna pay $100 at the cheapest to sit in nosebleed seats for them.

PVH5150
01-22-2013, 06:32 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing them, but fuck if I'm gonna pay $100 at the cheapest to sit in nosebleed seats for them.

I paid $92 to see them from 2nd row in the loge of the Garden in 2008 and $107 from front row of the 40 yard line at Gillette Stadium in 2009.

For the biggest rock band on the planet, their ticket prices are reasonable.

mankvill
01-22-2013, 06:38 PM
I paid $92 to see them from 2nd row in the loge of the Garden in 2008 and $107 from front row of the 40 yard line at Gillette Stadium in 2009.

For the biggest rock band on the planet, their ticket prices are reasonable.

well also I don't really consider myself an AC/DC fan ;)

dcmetal108
01-22-2013, 06:46 PM
Not a fan of them at all but I'd for sure go to this tour to see them and cross them off my list.

300%_Density
01-22-2013, 06:51 PM
I'm still pissed. Had tickets (up high but still tickets) for them in '08 for Black Ice Tour in Tulsa. Me & my dad were hours away from leaving... Weirdest thing, goddamn sleet & ice happened. Yes, we missed the Black Ice tour thanks to you guessed it... Black fuckin Ice. I can say I'm still not 100% over it. They wouldn't even postpone it.

ravenheart
01-23-2013, 01:15 AM
I'll see them again for sure if they play arenas. If they only play giant festivals and stadiums I'll be skipping. Saw them at the O2 Arena in London on the Black Ice tour and they were outstanding. I can live with that being my memory of AC/DC live.

IrritatedTrout
01-23-2013, 04:26 AM
I'd like to see these guys once.

Christen
01-23-2013, 01:06 PM
I'd go again if I could get seats better than I had for the Black Ice tour.

Sanitarium78
01-24-2013, 03:23 PM
I really hope they do at least one song from every album on this tour!

That will never happen.

I believe they played 20 songs on the last tour, I don't see them playing more than that this time around. They have 15 studio albums, if you wanna throw Who Made Who and the Jailbreak EP that's 17 and that's just too many slots being taken up.

HTH and BIB are so big they're always gonna play at least three or four each off those two. It's unaovidable, both those albums are just too big to not be represented well in their sets. BIB already has four must play songs on it. Do you honestly ever think they will drop Hells Bells, Shoot To Thrill, the title track or You Shook Me ever?

In order to play a song off each album and keep the set a resonable length, they would have to drop two or three of those and that's not very likely. But that's what happens when you have so many big hits to play and you still gotta throw in a handful of deep cuts, stuff is gonna get left out. Let's just be happy that at their age they're still gonna go out and tour again because they have the money and really could retire now if they wanted to.

MPF
01-24-2013, 03:30 PM
Any chance of ACxDC opening?

Ommie
01-24-2013, 03:55 PM
Any chance of ACxDC opening?
That would be amazing.

I've always wondered how powerviolence would sound in an arena setting. :lol:

Bengals279
01-24-2013, 04:03 PM
Seriously airbourne should open for them. That would be sick:rocker:

John The Drummer
01-24-2013, 04:06 PM

sooo... 2 AC/DC sets? :lol:
Srsly, when I saw Airbourne at Mayhem Fest I thought they were doing a bunch of AC/DC covers :tongue:

It'd be rad to see AC/DC though, I'm not a fan, really cannot stand them when they come on the radio, but I am sure that they would be tons of fun live.

ravenheart
01-24-2013, 04:14 PM

Yeah, and why not get Bonafide, Big Ball and Bullet on the bill too :hmm:

MPF
01-24-2013, 04:26 PM
And Jet

Travis The Dragon
01-24-2013, 04:27 PM
That will never happen.

I believe they played 20 songs on the last tour, I don't see them playing more than that this time around. They have 15 studio albums, if you wanna throw Who Made Who and the Jailbreak EP that's 17 and that's just too many slots being taken up.

HTH and BIB are so big they're always gonna play at least three or four each off those two. It's unaovidable, both those albums are just too big to not be represented well in their sets. BIB already has four must play songs on it. Do you honestly ever think they will drop Hells Bells, Shoot To Thrill, the title track or You Shook Me ever?

In order to play a song off each album and keep the set a resonable length, they would have to drop two or three of those and that's not very likely. But that's what happens when you have so many big hits to play and you still gotta throw in a handful of deep cuts, stuff is gonna get left out. Let's just be happy that at their age they're still gonna go out and tour again because they have the money and really could retire now if they wanted to.

Well, I hope they at least throw in a song from Flick Of The Switch and Fly On The Wall. It's been way too long since anything from those were played.

PVH5150
01-24-2013, 04:27 PM
And Jackyl

Onioner
01-24-2013, 04:38 PM
The Black Ice show I saw in San Jose in 09 was beyond awesome. Any AC/DC set with half of Let There Be Rock being represented gets my approval. For $100 I was on the floor near the runway thing. I've never spent more money for a show in my life, and I don't regret it one bit.

Sanitarium78
01-24-2013, 05:10 PM
Well, I hope they at least throw in a song from Flick Of The Switch and Fly On The Wall. It's been way too long since anything from those were played.

Yeah, I know that when I go to see a band play I would want them to play stuff off their two worst albums just because it's been awhile since they've done anything from them;)

There's a reason those two albums don't get represented, they're fuckin awful. Especially Fly On The Wall. Flick has a couple of good tunes but overall it's very mediocre.

You know what song I would love for them to do that I don't think they've ever played live? BIG GUN!!!:rocker:

marker
01-25-2013, 09:56 AM
I actually think Flick Of the Switch is much better than Blow Up Your Video, not that bad. Fly and BUYV are their worst imo.
They will never play anything from those 3 ever again though. Too many better choices are available.

Sepultura69
09-05-2013, 05:24 PM
Shit, I wonder how much longer until they finally announce the dates? :confused: :snivel:

Bengals279
09-05-2013, 05:48 PM
This bumped thread had me so excited. Damnit

dcmetal108
09-05-2013, 09:14 PM
This bumped thread had me so excited. Damnit

I know haha.

TonyD
09-06-2013, 01:14 AM
Yeah wtf?

Sanitarium78
09-06-2013, 05:23 AM
Seriously, people use your damn heads. You don't bump up a thread of this magnitude unless you've got some official news to report on:nonono:

Sepultura69
09-06-2013, 08:00 AM
My bad. This hasn't really been the best week ever. My apologizes on bumping the thread. :(