PDA

View Full Version : Movie of The Year 2012

dannyjohnshon
01-17-2013, 07:00 PM
What do you think is the best movie that was released in 2012 ? My movie of the year is: Chronicle.

Wholesale Costume Jewelry (http://www.fashionvogues.com/)

kalfitegrdan
01-17-2013, 09:58 PM
Cabin in the Woods, hands down. Chronicle is in my top 5 though.

ShatteredFlame
01-17-2013, 10:06 PM
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns: Part 1

brutal_descent
01-18-2013, 04:15 AM
I've still got to see a few (including Zero Dark Thirty, The Master, Silver Linings Playbook and Flight) but I'd say either Lincoln, The Dictator or Savages.

Natrlhi
01-18-2013, 10:26 AM
ChronicleNo.

Cabin in the WoodsNo.

Batman: The Dark Knight Returns: Part 1Not bad, but no...and L:lol:L.

The DictatorYou've got to be fucking shitting me.

SavagesIt was good, but no.

I would say probably The Master out of those that I've seen, but the problem is I haven't seen Django, ZD30, Lincoln, Argo or Silver Linings. I don't get out to the movies much these days. :(

Flight was very good as well, but it didn't quite have a "Movie of the Year" feel to it.

brutal_descent
01-18-2013, 10:28 AM
Okay, just finished Silver Linings. Definitely a contender for FOTY

XDoomsayerX
01-18-2013, 01:42 PM
Y'all need to see Moonrise Kingdom, like right now. My MOTY hands down, nothing comes close. So jolly,happy,and what a setting.

kalfitegrdan
01-19-2013, 08:15 AM
Okay, just finished Silver Linings. Definitely a contender for FOTY

Really? I thought it was pretty good, but not spectacular.

powerslave_85
01-19-2013, 09:26 AM
Zero Dark Thirty, with The Master as runner up.

masterguy49
01-19-2013, 09:36 AM
Y'all need to see Moonrise Kingdom, like right now. My MOTY hands down, nothing comes close. So jolly,happy,and what a setting.

Moonrise was beautiful and amazing, but I wouldn't say movie of the year.

I'm watching a lot of movies in these two days, but as of now it's Life of Pi.

mastodon421
01-19-2013, 09:40 AM
Django Unchained with The Dark Knight Rises, 21 Jump Street, and Silver Linings Playbook right behind it. Still haven't seen Zero Dark Thirty though.

DementedX14
01-19-2013, 10:04 AM
The Hobbit.

brutal_descent
01-19-2013, 10:24 AM
Flight was terrible past the first scene, Melissa Leo and John Goodman. I hope it doesn't win anything.

BloodoftheKings
01-19-2013, 10:50 AM

This. There's a lot of movies from 2012 I still need to see though.

mastodon421
01-19-2013, 11:51 AM
Flight was terrible past the first scene, Melissa Leo and John Goodman. I hope it doesn't win anything.

I don't think it deserves to win anything either, but it's still a very good film. Denzel Washington, Kelly Riley, and John Goodman are all excellent in it.

Natrlhi
01-19-2013, 01:58 PM
Flight was terrible past the first scene, Melissa Leo and John Goodman. I hope it doesn't win anything.For those that haven't seen it yet, please don't let this comment deter you. It's a damn decent film. It probably just didn't have enough car chases or gun battles or pokemons or some such shit for the Russki. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Oh, and I forgot Moonrise as another one of the films I hadn't seen yet that could be a contender.

EDIT2: Oh, and End of Watch was fucking awesome. Thanks, Mr. Maitland. We don't always agree, but we agree on that. ;)

masterguy49
01-19-2013, 02:52 PM
Django Unchained with The Dark Knight Rises, 21 Jump Street, and Silver Linings Playbook right behind it. Still haven't seen Zero Dark Thirty though.

Your top films depress me...... but to each his own

Also Nat, lay off Piggy, he has good taste and isn't the one to look for explosions and action and such. His favorite movies would probably bore you :P

kalfitegrdan
01-19-2013, 03:07 PM
For those that haven't seen it yet, please don't let this comment deter you. It's a damn decent film. It probably just didn't have enough car chases or gun battles or pokemons or some such shit for the Russki. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Oh, and I forgot Moonrise as another one of the films I hadn't seen yet that could be a contender.

EDIT2: Oh, and End of Watch was fucking awesome. Thanks, Mr. Maitland. We don't always agree, but we agree on that. ;)

Most films would benefit from more Pokemon. :cool:

brutal_descent
01-19-2013, 10:33 PM
For those that haven't seen it yet, please don't let this comment deter you. It's a damn decent film. It probably just didn't have enough car chases or gun battles or pokemons or some such shit for the Russki. :rolleyes:

Fuck off, Gramps. I recently gave Carnage a 10/10, watch it and let me know how many car chases and gun battles you find in that shit. :finger:

Also Nat, lay off Piggy, he has good taste and isn't the one to look for explosions and action and such. His favorite movies would probably bore you :P

(y)

MPF
01-19-2013, 10:45 PM
For my personal tastes Horny Housewives Go Anal 3 was my favorite. Luckily you didn't need to see parts 1 or 2 to get the plot.

But as for real movies, I didn't get to see too many movies this year. But my top 5 is as a follows in no particular order

Moonrise Kingdom
The Avengers
The Hobbit
The Dark Knight Rises
The Dictator