14.Mean Street
15.Guitar Solo
16.You Really Got Me
Encore:
17.Unchained
18.Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love

JRA
01-03-2013, 05:32 PM
A drum solo two songs in is terrible pacing.

Onioner
01-03-2013, 05:57 PM
Dude I'm just gonna give you fair warning (sorry, I had to go there), but some folks on here really obsess about the title format. If you're gonna post a bunch of setlists on a regular basis it would probably be good to adhere to it both so said users don't give you grief and so the mods don't have to change it every single time.

larvtard
01-03-2013, 06:17 PM
PLEASE PUT SPACES AFTER COMMAS

PLEASE

TheWildAndTheYoung
01-03-2013, 06:25 PM
Totally agree

TheWildAndTheYoung
01-03-2013, 06:25 PM
Dude I'm just gonna give you fair warning (sorry, I had to go there), but some folks on here really obsess about the title format. If you're gonna post a bunch of setlists on a regular basis it would probably be good to adhere to it both so said users don't give you grief and so the mods don't have to change it every single time.
If you don't mine me asking,what is adhere? Sorry if I don't know

dwils65
01-03-2013, 07:22 PM
How about no more setlist fm posts!! If you didn't go to the show, and have nothing to add, why bother.

TheWildAndTheYoung
01-03-2013, 07:28 PM
How about no more setlist fm posts!! If you didn't go to the show, and have nothing to add, why bother.
if you don't like it I don't care,I will continue to post these because I want to

dcmetal108
01-03-2013, 08:49 PM
if you don't like it I don't care,I will continue to post these because I want to

And when someone else decides they are pointless they will force you to stop posting them. ;)

The_jman
01-03-2013, 09:13 PM

lol...

Just Fucking google it (http://justfuckinggoogleit.com/)

Onioner
01-03-2013, 09:39 PM

Really? (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=adhere)

PLEASE PUT SPACES AFTER COMMAS

PLEASE

Yes, this is probably one of the more random typing tics I've seen, but it could be a whole lot worse. It has been a whole lot worse. (http://metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=350)

I'll take forgetting spaces after commas over multi-color allcaps any day of the week.

dcmetal108
01-03-2013, 10:06 PM
lol...

:lol: Holy shit you win!

larvtard
01-03-2013, 10:10 PM

You used to be a serious offender of this, too, you know.

RampinUp46
01-03-2013, 10:39 PM

Onioner answered the "adhere" part, but the format (you'll hear that complaint - and eventually complain about it yourself) is:

"Band -- City, State -- Month, Day, Year".

I used to be a complete dumbass and formatted it as "Band -- City, State, Venue -- Month, Day, Year" a couple of times. Eh, I learned. :cool:

dcmetal108
01-04-2013, 04:38 AM
You used to be a serious offender of this, too, you know.

I was never this bad though, plus I learned the errors of my way! :)

Sanitarium78
01-04-2013, 05:35 AM
lol...

That's what I do when people use big words I don't understand. Neil Peart from Rush is my favorite lyricist, so it happens a lot with me:lol:

ravenheart
01-04-2013, 05:37 AM

Not much worse than Dio always letting Simon Wright play his horrible drum solos after three or four songs.

TheWildAndTheYoung
01-04-2013, 07:11 AM
Ok,I really don't understand what I'm doing wrong besides the commas,what else is there?

Sanitarium78
01-04-2013, 08:46 AM
Ok,I really don't understand what I'm doing wrong besides the commas,what else is there?

Don't know, the mods fixed the thread title. If you're having trouble remembering how to format the title correct, just look up the top right of the page under where it says "Latest Setlists" and just look at how those titles are formatted and make sure yours is the same, that's all. It's really not that hard. I've done a bunch of concert reviews on here and I still check my thread title format a number of times before I sumbit it.

TheWildAndTheYoung
01-04-2013, 09:19 AM
Don't know, the mods fixed the thread title. If you're having trouble remembering how to format the title correct, just look up the top right of the page under where it says "Latest Setlists" and just look at how those titles are formatted and make sure yours is the same, that's all. It's really not that hard. I've done a bunch of concert reviews on here and I still check my thread title format a number of times before I sumbit it.
I know about that,I usually mean to make sure they're correct,and the comma's where the main thing,everybody just seems angry that I'm posting old setlists,I mean I just would like for everybody to see what a set would look like back in that time

John The Drummer
01-04-2013, 01:11 PM
Yes, this is probably one of the more random typing tics I've seen, but it could be a whole lot worse. It has been a whole lot worse. (http://metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=350)

I'll take forgetting spaces after commas over multi-color allcaps any day of the week.

:lol:
SO MANY PANTERA POINTS

marker
01-04-2013, 01:46 PM
Keep in my mind with the really old sets from setlist.fm, they are usually not 100% correct.

TheWildAndTheYoung
01-04-2013, 02:20 PM
Keep in my mind with the really old sets from setlist.fm, they are usually not 100% correct.
I am aware of that

The_jman
01-07-2013, 05:40 PM
thank you, I thought that was pretty funny too.

tenchimyo
01-08-2013, 09:43 AM

agree, at least some writeup/review

"I was there, but was drunk off my ass, couldn't remember song order, but setlist.fm has it"

"wasn't there but my buddy was there, setlist.fm confirmed it"

"i was there, <review>. setlist.fm's list sounds correct"

TheWildAndTheYoung
01-08-2013, 11:25 AM
agree, at least some writeup/review

"I was there, but was drunk off my ass, couldn't remember song order, but setlist.fm has it"

"wasn't there but my buddy was there, setlist.fm confirmed it"

"i was there, <review>. setlist.fm's list sounds correct"
None of the above,I wasn't there,I'm only 14

velvetgrass
01-08-2013, 12:27 PM
Well I don't personally see any problem with this type of thing if the thread title is formatted by the standards here and if you don't go overboard with these older setlists (which it looks like you only have posted two or three here so that's okay).

Who cares if there's no review to go along with it? There's always something to comment on (i.e. bad drum solo placement). At least we know that there are still up and coming rock/metal fans at age 14 and not every one is on the pop shit or cutting themselves for Bieber.

That being said, I'm not a huge Van Halen fan as I haven't heard many songs by them. The solo Eruption is awesome, but I wasn't nuts about their song Hot For Teacher. Of course, that means I don't know any songs on this setlist, besides You Really Got Me, assuming it's a cover of The Kinks.

TheWildAndTheYoung
01-10-2013, 11:08 AM
Well I don't personally see any problem with this type of thing if the thread title is formatted by the standards here and if you don't go overboard with these older setlists (which it looks like you only have posted two or three here so that's okay).

Who cares if there's no review to go along with it? There's always something to comment on (i.e. bad drum solo placement). At least we know that there are still up and coming rock/metal fans at age 14 and not every one is on the pop shit or cutting themselves for Bieber.

That being said, I'm not a huge Van Halen fan as I haven't heard many songs by them. The solo Eruption is awesome, but I wasn't nuts about their song Hot For Teacher. Of course, that means I don't know any songs on this setlist, besides You Really Got Me, assuming it's a cover of The Kinks.
Thank you,and yes You Really Got Me is a Kink's cover (really a better version).I really suggest checking them out some more,they're one of the greats.

tenchimyo
01-11-2013, 07:48 AM
None of the above,I wasn't there,I'm only 14

... then why post a vintage concert setlist? Are you going to go thru setlist.fm and post random ones from there?

I don't get the reasoning why you'd post some setlist that you were not at, did not create, and had no comment on? I'm trying to understand, not to flame here.

TheWildAndTheYoung
01-11-2013, 10:06 AM
... then why post a vintage concert setlist? Are you going to go thru setlist.fm and post random ones from there?

I don't get the reasoning why you'd post some setlist that you were not at, did not create, and had no comment on? I'm trying to understand, not to flame here.
because I just want to show people what a setlist was like at that time

TonyD
01-11-2013, 11:43 AM
Dude I'm just gonna give you fair warning (sorry, I had to go there),

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/21855690/images/1354481742192.jpg

JRA
01-11-2013, 02:29 PM
While I also have to give a +1 to the "setlists.fm is unreliable" argument I will say that there used to be a Van Halen website with setlist information (that seems to have mysteriously disappeared), and I remember how odd it was that Unchained would be the last song they would play for this tour (not to mention the travesty of making the fans wait til 2/3 of the way through the set to hear Mean Streets), and seeing it reflected here makes me think this setlists.fm report is fairly accurate.

kalfitegrdan
01-11-2013, 05:08 PM
Thank you,and yes You Really Got Me is a Kink's cover (really a better version).I really suggest checking them out some more,they're one of the greats.

No.

Also, no to the unnecessary apostrophe. That shit drives me crazy.

TheWildAndTheYoung
01-11-2013, 05:26 PM
No.

Also, no to the unnecessary apostrophe. That shit drives me crazy.
Van Halen's version is at least 30x times better

JRA
01-11-2013, 07:55 PM
I actually prefer the cover too, though I can respect and appreciate the feel of the original.