PDA

View Full Version : 2012 in Film: A Year in Review

mastodon421
01-02-2013, 12:02 PM
http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/2013/01/2012-in-film-year-in-review.html

Every film I saw (so far) from worst to best. I wasn't a lunatic like last year where I saw everything that was released and save for a few films, Everything I saw this year I wanted to see. Feel free to comment and/or discuss.

mastodon421
01-19-2013, 01:00 PM
Bump for those interested/celebration of award season being in full swing.

kalfitegrdan
01-19-2013, 01:06 PM
Nice list, man. I agree with almost all that I've seen that are in your top 20. As for your need to see list, I'd definitely recommend checking out Seeking a Friend... and Seven Psychopaths if you get a chance. I thought Killing Them Softly wasn't very good. The Man with the Iron Fists wasn't as good as I was hoping and the story was too rushed, but at least I got what I wanted from it with some killer rap played over kung fu battles. :lol:

mastodon421
01-19-2013, 03:06 PM
Nice list, man. I agree with almost all that I've seen that are in your top 20. As for your need to see list, I'd definitely recommend checking out Seeking a Friend... and Seven Psychopaths if you get a chance. I thought Killing Them Softly wasn't very good. The Man with the Iron Fists wasn't as good as I was hoping and the story was too rushed, but at least I got what I wanted from it with some killer rap played over kung fu battles. :lol:

Thanks a lot dude! I plan on getting Seven Psychopaths on Netfilx when it comes out on DVD a week from Tuesday and Seeking a Friend for the End of the World is near the top of my queue atm. Good to know Man with the Iron Fists is loaded with dope rap over gory kung-fu battles because that's exactly what I wanted out of it :lol:

Natrlhi
01-19-2013, 03:45 PM
End of Watch was awesome. Thanks for reminding me about that one.

I need to go fuck off now over to another thread and make a correction... ;)

masterguy49
01-19-2013, 03:51 PM
I just don't understand how people thing Django is 5/5...

TonyD
01-19-2013, 04:09 PM
Ted is 4.5
Dictator is 4
Did we see the same movies?

kalfitegrdan
01-19-2013, 04:11 PM

Maybe because it is...;) AKA I jizz over any Quentin Tarantino movie.

masterguy49
01-19-2013, 04:53 PM
Ted is 4.5
Dictator is 4

My thoughts exact :eyes:

Maybe because it is...;) AKA I jizz over any Quentin Tarantino movie.

So do I, he's my favorite director, but the movie was not perfect or 5/5 material. I mean I don't care about the predictability of the plot or the fact that the movie was a bit longer than it should have been, but it's just tarantino has done so much better and it was far from a perfect movie. I just think to myself was that as amazing as Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, or Inglorious Bastards and the answer is a clear "no".

mastodon421
01-19-2013, 08:18 PM
I thought it was flawless. I've already seen it twice and it's honestly one of my favorite movies ever.

Ted is 4.5
Dictator is 4
Yep;) I'm normally not a big Seth McFarlane fan, but I thought Ted was fucking hilarious. Sacha Baron Cohen is someone I am big fan of and The Dictator was very amusing (better than Bruno, not as good as Borat) just not as funny as Ted imo.

kalfitegrdan
01-20-2013, 03:00 AM
So do I, he's my favorite director, but the movie was not perfect or 5/5 material. I mean I don't care about the predictability of the plot or the fact that the movie was a bit longer than it should have been, but it's just tarantino has done so much better and it was far from a perfect movie. I just think to myself was that as amazing as Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, or Inglorious Bastards and the answer is a clear "no".

I think it's definitely on par with Pulp Fiction and Inglorious Basterds. Christoph Waltz also gives one of the best performances I've ever seen which helps my rating. The movie may have been long, but there really wasn't a time when I was bored with it which is a testament to its greatness that I can watch it for two hours and forty five minutes and not get bored with it.

NICAfiend
01-20-2013, 10:38 AM
Best Movies: Ted, Django, The Avengers, Savages, End of Watch

Solid Flicks: Skyfall, Killer Joe, Seven Psychopaths, The Snowtown Murders, The Life of Pi, The Grey

Watchable: Sinister, Sleepwalk with me, 21 Jump Street, Jiro dreams of Sushi, The Dark Knight Rises

The Most Over-rated Movie of the Year: The Cabin in the Woods

Want to see: The Dictator, Looper, Zero Dark Thirty, This is 40, Sound of my Voice