ravenheart
01-02-2013, 09:57 AM
Holy.

Fucking.

Shit.

Doug Pinnick - bass/vocals
Eric Gales - guitar
Thomas Pridgen - drums

No more explanation required. That might be the most unbelievably cool supergroup I've ever seen.

Debut album out in February. CANNOT WAIT.

MPF
01-02-2013, 11:21 AM
BOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIIIIIINNNNNNGGGG!

mankvill
01-02-2013, 01:10 PM
I don't know any of these people :3

slapguitarer
01-02-2013, 01:13 PM

Yuuuuuup

ravenheart
01-02-2013, 03:22 PM
You can leave the thread to the real music fans then, that's fine :finger:

MPF
01-02-2013, 04:57 PM
You can leave the thread to the real music fans then, that's fine :finger:

Exactly. I'm sure Gangam Style and We're Never getting Back together are being played on your respective Top 40 stations, just stick to that while 3 of the best musicians alive make a hopefully equally awesome album.

John The Drummer
01-02-2013, 04:59 PM

:agree:

RampinUp46
01-02-2013, 05:01 PM

Neither do I.

Dogman
01-02-2013, 07:43 PM
I already pre-ordered this! All of the samples sound AMAZING!!!

dUg said on his Facebook that he has FIVE projects coming out this year!

1. A solo album called "NAKED" coming out in 2 weeks.
2. The Pinnick Gales Pridgen project in February.
3. The record with George Lynch and Ray Luzier later this year.
4. Third Eye Experience with Robbi Robb from Tribe After Tribe.
5. The Kullerd People, which is a straight up blues record.

He is one busy 62 year old man!!

And for all those commenting that you don't know who these people are, my question is this: Why did you bother commenting at all? I see threads all the time and don't know the band names and I don't even bother clicking on it. I guess I'm just a little too old to understand trolls. They never made sense to me. Such a waste of time. Anyway, dUg RULES!!!

mankvill
01-02-2013, 08:24 PM
Exactly. I'm sure Gangam Style and We're Never getting Back together are being played on your respective Top 40 stations, just stick to that while 3 of the best musicians alive make a hopefully equally awesome album.

But T-Swizzle rules and I still don't know who these people are.

Steev
01-02-2013, 08:27 PM
I already pre-ordered this! All of the samples sound AMAZING!!!

dUg said on his Facebook that he has FIVE projects coming out this year!

1. A solo album called "NAKED" coming out in 2 weeks.
2. The Pinnick Gales Pridgen project in February.
3. The record with George Lynch and Ray Luzier later this year.
4. Third Eye Experience with Robbi Robb from Tribe After Tribe.
5. The Kullerd People, which is a straight up blues record.

He is one busy 62 year old man!!

And for all those commenting that you don't know who these people are, my question is this: Why did you bother commenting at all? I see threads all the time and don't know the band names and I don't even bother clicking on it. I guess I'm just a little too old to understand trolls. They never made sense to me. Such a waste of time. Anyway, dUg RULES!!!

Wait wait wait, Dug is doing a record with George Lynch and Ray Luzier?!?!

MPF
01-02-2013, 08:33 PM
All 5 of these projects sound amazing. I'll be hoping for a new KX album in 2014!

Dogman
01-02-2013, 09:16 PM
Wait wait wait, Dug is doing a record with George Lynch and Ray Luzier?!?!

They are recording it now. Both George and dUg have been posting about it on their Facebook's. It's sounds like it would be an amazing sounding record. A 3-piece project and they may tour behind it too. The record should be out in the Fall.

dUg and George have done a couple things together, mainly those tribute records, but dUg was also on the Tooth & Nail project that Lynch & Pilson put out. He sang the Dokken tune "Tooth & Nail" in a newly recorded version.

ravenheart
01-03-2013, 07:34 AM
He sang the Dokken tune "Tooth & Nail" in a newly recorded version.

And it turned out awesome: http://www.jukeboxmetal.com/2012/t-and-n-slave-to-the-empire/

I knew of the Lynch/Luzier project. I'm mostly looking forward to the blues album and the solo album though... and of course this new trio. As soon as I saw Pinnick and Gales mentioned at the same time I was excited. Haven't listened to the samples... don't need to.

Also, how the fuck is Doug 62?!

Coma323
01-03-2013, 01:20 PM
I'll be hoping for a new KX album in 2014!
This would be awesome. I don't get how little known these guy are, it's really a shame.

ravenheart
01-04-2013, 03:05 AM
Regarding KX, I think Jerry Gaskill is doing well now, so 2014 seems likely for a new album.

I'm glad Doug used the time to do some of these other projects while Jerry recovers.

MPF
01-04-2013, 08:49 AM
Regarding KX, I think Jerry Gaskill is doing well now, so 2014 seems likely for a new album.

I'm glad Doug used the time to do some of these other projects while Jerry recovers.

that said I hope Ty will start doing some stuff as well this year. Another Jelly Jam album or solo album would be badass.

ravenheart
01-08-2013, 02:52 PM
So... I just got this... :D

MPF
01-08-2013, 03:49 PM
So... I just got this... :D

ANd of course you get to review it too. :(

I'm sure it kicks ass. With Dug's solo album coming out next Sunday as well, this is the year of Dug.

Also it turns out I was kinda right, Ty is working on a new solo album and is almost done with the 4th Jelly Jam album.

ravenheart
01-08-2013, 04:45 PM
ANd of course you get to review it too. :(

You're damn right I do. Not bad for only making contact with their people yesterday :D

All I can say so far is the song 'Wishing Well' is awful, and the cover of 'Sunshine of Your Love' is awesome.

twocentsup
01-11-2013, 08:07 AM
I don't know Gales (which I'm assuming is a mistake), but Pinnick & Pridgen sounds like a dream come true.
Plus I had no idea Pinnick & George Lynch were working together. my dad will be psyched haha.

Dogman
01-21-2013, 01:39 PM
New video from Pinnick Gales Pridgen, for those that care.

Hang On, Big Brother by Pinnick Gales Pridgen (http://youtu.be/W2khOu-d014)

twocentsup
01-22-2013, 01:44 AM
this kicks ass. definitely gonna check out this release when it comes out.

ravenheart
01-30-2013, 06:50 AM
Anyone else heard the whole thing?

I'm pretty disappointed with it :(

Dogman
01-30-2013, 06:36 PM

I pre-ordered it and it doesn't ship until February 14th, I think. But I like the clips on the website. Why exactly is it disappointing?

MPF
01-30-2013, 08:27 PM

Aww, really? That sucks. I will check it out when it comes out, but that leaves me sad. :(

ravenheart
01-31-2013, 03:38 AM
I pre-ordered it and it doesn't ship until February 14th, I think. But I like the clips on the website. Why exactly is it disappointing?

There's barely any groove. You've got two guys there who usually write killer funk/blues grooves, but the album is just straight forward rock. It's just not very interesting apart from one or two moments, and Gales' solos. Put it this way, Hang On, Big Brother is not entirely typical of the album. There are perhaps four other songs total with that kind of sound, plus one great straight-up blues track and one big rock song. The rest is boring, including the Cream cover.

Pinnick's vocals are obviously good (except when they put silly effects on it), and Pridgen is absolutely fantastic.

ravenheart
03-16-2014, 02:58 PM
Album number two dropping in May! Titled simply 'PGP2'.

Dogman
03-17-2014, 05:19 PM
Album number two dropping in May! Titled simply 'PGP2'.

Wow! Nice! I didn't even know they were working on a second one. dUg is one busy man. I just got the new KXM CD last week. And I'm seeing KING'S X twice in May. Hopefully they will work on some new music too.

MPF
06-12-2014, 11:25 AM
New single off the second album. Thoughts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GazRcc3BJ4&feature=youtu.be

I personally enjoy it more than the whole first album, and I actually dig the debut album.

marker
06-12-2014, 12:31 PM
:3

I think that's the amount of people who give a shit.