January 22, 2013
The Corona Theatre
Montreal, QC

January 23, 2013
Virgin Mobile Mod Club
Toronto, ON

Official website source-
site.hollywoodundead.com

I would like to see Hollywood Undead live, but I'm low on money for concerts right now and if I can would much rather find money for the Stone Sour/Papa Roach date, which is also closer to where I am in Milwaukee. I still would like to see Hollywood Undead live at some point though. They weren't part of the one date of the Buried Alive (Avenged Sevenfold) 2011 tour I attended (in Madison, WI). Despite the lineup change, I loved their first two albums. I heard there was a single released from the new Hollywood Undead album. Was it decent and how does it compare to material from the first two albums?

BloodoftheKings
12-15-2012, 02:53 PM
Didn't see a thread for the new Hollywood Undead tour, sorry if I missed it-

Was it really a mystery as to why there was no thread? Sure we often have joke threads about shitty tours but Hollywood Undead isn't really that funny.

slapguitarer
12-15-2012, 03:07 PM
Nor are they relevant

RampinUp46
12-15-2012, 03:16 PM
:barf:

dcmetal108
12-15-2012, 03:32 PM
I didn't think they were popular anymore.

velvetgrass
12-15-2012, 03:36 PM
I should have known better than to post this tour on a board that is comprised of a lot of "stereotypical" metalheads (although not everybody). I guess I just have a different perspective on music in general, that some people just don't have.

Like I abhor Limp Bizkit and listening to any of their songs that I know makes me cringe. I also find it very sad that they covered the classic song by The Who, Behind Blue Eyes. But, I digress...

Despite of all that, I'm not going to go around saying they're not or weren't ever relevant, as it's just my opinion and I wouldn't want to intentionally hurt the feelings of one of their fans, or anybody's fanbase for that matter. Bands are like people, they're relevant somewhere or to someone, and intensity of relevancy varies by what year or (for more long lasting bands) by what decade it happens to be.

velvetgrass
12-15-2012, 03:43 PM

I don't think they are very popular anymore, if their headlining gig in Chicago is at the Bottom Lounge. But, to me popularity doesn't always have to matter. I'd love to see Melvins someday too and from what I've heard they're not playing venues much bigger than ones Hollywood Undead are playing.

treghet
12-15-2012, 03:45 PM
I should have known better than to post this tour on a board that is comprised of a lot of "stereotypical" metalheads (although not everybody). I guess I just have a different perspective on music in general, that some people just don't have.

:hecho:

mastodon421
12-15-2012, 03:47 PM

What made you think that? The fact they are playing venues that are less than half size of the venues they were headlining 2 years ago;)

slapguitarer
12-15-2012, 03:50 PM

Oh get off your fucking high horse. Just because some big bad people on the internet don't like some stupid flavor-of-the-month rap rock band you for some reason clung on to for some odd reason is no reason to puff up your chest and act like you're so much better than we are.

velvetgrass
12-15-2012, 03:55 PM
Oh get off your fucking high horse. Just because some big bad people on the internet don't like some stupid flavor-of-the-month rap rock band you for some reason clung on to for some odd reason is no reason to puff up your chest and act like you're so much better than we are.

I never said I was better than anybody, I think I'm far from that. I'm a pretty insecure person with a lot of issues, which all people have (issues I mean). I just said that some metal fans aren't openminded (which doesn't mean liking a band, it just means even if you read or hear a label applied to a band, still not being willing to give them one chance). Really, should this be a surprise to anyone? I'm just stating a fact.

dcmetal108
12-15-2012, 04:04 PM
What made you think that? The fact they are playing venues that are less than half size of the venues they were headlining 2 years ago;)

At first I was like "You dickhead", then I kept reading ;)

:lol: you are awesome!

kalfitegrdan
12-15-2012, 04:05 PM
When I think of "stereotypical" metalheads, I think of the dudes who are all about Five Finger Death Punch, Pantera and Lamb of God and all the more "mainstream" type things. I dunno, maybe I'm wrong.

slapguitarer
12-15-2012, 04:09 PM
When I think of "stereotypical" metalheads, I think of the dudes who are all about Five Finger Death Punch, Pantera and Lamb of God and all the more "mainstream" type things. I dunno, maybe I'm wrong.

Yeah, I would think that's the idea of the typical metalhead.

velvetgrass
12-15-2012, 04:11 PM

No, I don't think anybody is wrong here. It could be how I worded it. What I meant by stereotypical, are the metal fans (or fans of music in general) who hear or read a label applied to a band and then will automatically put them down. People who actually give said band a listen, despite how others have labelled them, are what I consider openminded. It doesn't matter if you end up liking the band or not, but just giving them one chance, a personal preference to base your opinion on, in other words not jumping on the bandwagon.

Reflecting on my earlier post maybe "closeminded" would be a better word than stereotypical? Not singling anybody out, I've just noticed that almost every time I have posted a concert review here, more people had an issue with the band I posted, than not.

kommie
12-15-2012, 04:16 PM

Don't forget Metallica!

BloodoftheKings
12-15-2012, 04:20 PM

oh god my sides.

velvetgrass
12-15-2012, 04:27 PM
I guess I just thought that I was doing a service by posting the missing tour and that out of 3,500+ members here, that at least one might be a Hollywood Undead fan and possibly not know about the tour.

And for the people saying that I think I'm better than everyone else, maybe consider the possibility that you're reading into this too deeply?

Look, I'm an honest person, too honest sometimes. And I'm the kind of person that theoretically if I thought I was better than anybody, I would say it directly, in black and white. I don't waste time dropping hints, or implying something. It doesn't mean I'm always right (far from it), I just don't personally see any point in beating around the bush.

dcmetal108
12-15-2012, 04:33 PM
I am better than everyone on this board (especially mastodon421) :finger:

slapguitarer
12-15-2012, 04:35 PM
I am better than everyone on this board (especially mastodon421) :finger:

http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z394/slapguitarer/ahaha_zps9ba56923.jpg

300%_Density
12-15-2012, 04:56 PM
Normally I avoid posts like these but figured I'd throw something in. It's "stereotypical" not to listen because of who they are. I don't listen to them the same reason I'm not going to listen to Kenny Chesney or Allen Jackson. I know what I'm getting into. Neither is going to deviate much on their sound. You know already what your getting. If you don't like any of that already then why waste your time?

velvetgrass
12-15-2012, 05:15 PM
Normally I avoid posts like these but figured I'd throw something in. It's "stereotypical" not to listen because of who they are. I don't listen to them the same reason I'm not going to listen to Kenny Chesney or Allen Jackson. I know what I'm getting into. Neither is going to deviate much on their sound. You know already what your getting. If you don't like any of that already then why waste your time?

I agree, that's very true.

Once again, in my post (which came to be a bit controversial), I wasn't trying to single our any person/user in particular. It's just been an attitude I've seen sometimes on here, not to listen to the band because of what other people say, or just because they're "mainstream"

But my post should now be an old issue, I think I've more than clarified what I meant (and possibly what I didn't originally articulate the right way). I quietly regret that I contributed to this whole post about a new tour becoming pretty much a spam thread, which was far from my original intent. I meant no harm and I'm sorry if I came across that way. Peace.

dcmetal108
12-15-2012, 05:40 PM
I agree, that's very true.

Once again, in my post (which came to be a bit controversial), I wasn't trying to single our any person/user in particular. It's just been an attitude I've seen sometimes on here, not to listen to the band because of what other people say, or just because they're "mainstream"

But my post should now be an old issue, I think I've more than clarified what I meant (and possibly what I didn't originally articulate the right way). I quietly regret that I contributed to this whole post about a new tour becoming pretty much a spam thread, which was far from my original intent. I meant no harm and I'm sorry if I came across that way. Peace.

Just to let you know you did join a forum where the people aren't the friendliest to a lot of stuff.

treghet
12-15-2012, 05:50 PM
Just to let you know you did join a forum where the people aren't the friendliest to a lot of stuff.

Actually, this board is more friendly than most. Try posting an Emmure topic on MA or NWN and see how long your account lasts.

mankvill
12-15-2012, 05:50 PM
they should get the jabaawockeez as their backup dancers so it'd just be a ton of masked chaos on stage

dcmetal108
12-15-2012, 05:58 PM
Actually, this board is more friendly than most. Try posting an Emmure topic on MA or NWN and see how long your account lasts.

This is actually the only music forum I've ever joined. It is friendlier here than most video game forums though.

they should get the jabaawockeez as their backup dancers so it'd just be a ton of masked chaos on stage

Actually that sounds like it'd be fun to watch.

Xenocide
12-15-2012, 06:02 PM
I actually wouldn't mind seeing these guys. It'd probably be horrible, but still.

velvetgrass
12-15-2012, 06:03 PM

True, but out of the metal forums I've come across, this one encompasses the most diverse genres of metal (and hard rock). So this was the best of the crop.

Xenocide
12-15-2012, 06:04 PM
First forum I ever joined was GameSpot. Hard to have actual conversations on there though because of the huge amount of posters and threads.

dcmetal108
12-15-2012, 06:18 PM
I was banned from IGN a few times back when game sites used to invade each other in wars. Funny as hell.

adamclark52
12-15-2012, 08:17 PM
This is actually the only music forum I've ever joined. It is friendlier here than most video game forums though.

I was on the Metal Archives forum years ago but I had to leave. Any time I started a thread I just got hazed no matter what it was. And I was on a few wrestling forums too but those fans can be downright silly sometimes.

This forum is nice but seems to have a lot fewer members posting regularly than when I joined.

dcmetal108
12-15-2012, 08:35 PM
i was on the IL indy wrestling forum and those people are down right stupid.

adamclark52
12-15-2012, 08:42 PM
i was on the IL indy wrestling forum and those people are down right stupid.

I was (and still am) a member of what was the wrestlecrap.com forum, now it's changed to the Freaking Awesome Network. Some fucked up people there.

dcmetal108
12-15-2012, 09:37 PM
So I went on the venue website for the chicago show and its a all ages show on a tuesday which means strickt 930 curfew but the show starts at 8pm. no openers then I assume.

hellawaits77ny
12-16-2012, 12:15 AM

:party::party::party:

brutal_descent
12-16-2012, 12:39 AM
http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z394/slapguitarer/ahaha_zps9ba56923.jpg

Points for Bryan Cranston

velvetgrass
12-16-2012, 06:29 PM
:party::party::party:

Jesus Christ! How many times do I have to defend myself and clarify that I don't think I'm better than anybody else and that I never did? Can we put this rumor to rest please?

^ And hellawaits77ny, if you haven't read my comments pages 2 onward than just ignore the text I've written above. Peace.

dcmetal108
12-16-2012, 07:30 PM
Jesus Christ! How many times do I have to defend myself and clarify that I don't think I'm better than anybody else and that I never did? Can we put this rumor to rest please?

^ And hellawaits77ny, if you haven't read my comments pages 2 onward than just ignore the text I've written above. Peace.

Was this ever a rumor to begin with? :lol:

velvetgrass
12-16-2012, 07:32 PM
Was this ever a rumor to begin with? :lol:

Maybe no rumor, but I felt like I made my peace with my original post and the following quote about me supposedly thinking I'm better than somebody or some people here and it keeps being brought up again.

Steev
12-16-2012, 08:41 PM
This thread is funnier than the fact that HU is dropping like a stone, seriously how long before they do the Gathering of The Juggalos?

velvetgrass
12-16-2012, 09:32 PM
This thread is funnier than the fact that HU is dropping like a stone, seriously how long before they do the Gathering of The Juggalos?

If they did that, they may lose their one fan here :D

I can't stand ICP

OraclesofAgony
12-17-2012, 03:05 AM
I didn't know this band still existed.

OraclesofAgony
12-17-2012, 03:06 AM
Points for Bryan Cranston

:party:

hellawaits77ny
12-17-2012, 06:12 AM

I didn't realize I couldn't agree w/ a statement from a fellow board member. Get a horse, go to the mountains and stop bothering people.

masterguy49
12-17-2012, 06:48 AM
The fact that this thread has so much attention makes me lose faith in this board

kalfitegrdan
12-17-2012, 07:02 AM
The fact that this thread has so much attention makes me lose faith in this board

This thread is pretty funny.

velvetgrass
12-17-2012, 08:55 AM
I didn't realize I couldn't agree w/ a statement from a fellow board member. Get a horse, go to the mountains and stop bothering people.

You can disagree with anything I say, why would I care. The obvious fact is everybody is welcome to their own opinion. But once people start spreading shit about people that isn't true, in this case that I think I'm better than someone or that I am "bothersome", that's where there is a problem. I don't want to feel like this is grade school, but I feel like I'm involved in what you call playground psychotics.

velvetgrass
12-17-2012, 08:57 AM

Yeah, there's another message board that I'm a member of, where if a thread becomes just spamming, that it is closed by a moderator. This should be one of those threads, as it has nothing to do with the original intent it was started on.

TonyD
12-17-2012, 10:20 AM
If you don't wanna get flamed, don't post something flame worthy, simple as that.
This is a pretty open minded board as far as metal internet forums go, but Hollywood Undead is over the line, Smokey.
In all seriousness, you'll understand when you're older.

velvetgrass
12-17-2012, 10:25 AM
If you don't wanna get flamed, don't post something flame worthy, simple as that.
This is a pretty open minded board as far as metal internet forums go, but Hollywood Undead is over the line, Smokey.
In all seriousness, you'll understand when you're older.

I wasn't trying to post anything flame worthy. This board is overall openminded I agree, it's the best of the crop for metal boards. I always just like to think that there is a wide demographic here and that maybe someone here likes Hollywood Undead and didn't know about the tour. I guess I was wrong, but all is well. Peace.

dcmetal108
12-17-2012, 02:45 PM
You can disagree with anything I say, why would I care. The obvious fact is everybody is welcome to their own opinion. But once people start spreading shit about people that isn't true, in this case that I think I'm better than someone or that I am "bothersome", that's where there is a problem. I don't want to feel like this is grade school, but I feel like I'm involved in what you call playground psychotics.

Wait what?

It's funny that even when I talk about Oceano and Emmure I don't get this much shit.