PDA

View Full Version : New Ghost Stuff

RampinUp46
12-14-2012, 07:12 AM
From MetalSucks:

Ghost are releasing a new song right this very moment, one piece at a time.

They’re doing it through the website secularhaze.com (we’re guessing “Secular Haze” is the title of either the first single or the album), which also redirects from ghost-official.com. Every few hours today a new candle will appear on the site, and with each candle comes one more instrumental track of a brand new Ghost song; hover your mouse over each candle to isolate that instrument. At present there are two candles; guitars and keyboards.
Presumably we’ll have the entire new song by tomorrow at 10pm EST, when the band promises they’ll be giving out “a special gift.”

The roman numeral LXXIV also accompanies the tune. 74 days until the album is released? That would place the release on February 26th, 2013, which would make a lot of sense since it happens to be a Tuesday. If the number decreases to LXXIII tomorrow we’ll have our answer.

:party::party::party:

IrritatedTrout
12-14-2012, 07:26 AM
Sounds pretty cool from what they've released so far. Hopefully the release date is in February.

PVH5150
12-14-2012, 08:02 AM
*Does happy dance*

WOLVERINEKILLS
12-14-2012, 10:12 AM
*Does happy dance*

Make that two of us.

BloodoftheKings
12-14-2012, 02:08 PM
They added another candle that has the drum track. The roman numerals changed to LXVI.

2spooky4me

Travis The Dragon
12-14-2012, 02:57 PM
Another just added with the bass. This is sounding so sweet!

John The Drummer
12-14-2012, 03:05 PM
DROP DA BASS!!!!!

PVH5150
12-14-2012, 03:53 PM
Countdown is down to 65.

MPF
12-14-2012, 03:56 PM
Too bad it's not actually called Ghost Stuff. :lol:

but in all seriousness. I can't wait to hear the full version, if it gets released by Tuesday, I will play it on my show.

PVH5150
12-14-2012, 04:36 PM
It's an hourly countdown.

Expect the song in full, and hopefully the title/release date of the album, on Monday at roughly 1PM.

BloodoftheKings
12-15-2012, 09:27 AM
The whole song is up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TN2GCjPh0Hw

WOLVERINEKILLS
12-15-2012, 09:48 AM
Reminds me of the Doors a bit. I like it!!!

InFlamesOfBirchmen
12-15-2012, 10:19 AM
^ Agreed! I really like it, and the new artwork is great.

On a side note, judging by the youtube comments, people still don't seem to get that it's an act.

treghet
12-15-2012, 10:23 AM
Not into the creepy circus keyboards, but everything else sounds good.

BloodoftheKings
12-15-2012, 10:26 AM
Not into the creepy circus keyboards, but everything else sounds good.

That was actually my favorite part of the song.

Just a heads up to anyone who didn't pick up on this, if you put your email in the field on the website that says "make an offering" they send you a download for the new song.

IrritatedTrout
12-15-2012, 10:44 AM
I'm digging it and the artwork is great too. Is there a release date confirmed for the album yet? Looking forward to the whole thing.

VoidFlame
12-15-2012, 11:26 AM
Good song, more elaborate than the debut!

rjturtle9
12-15-2012, 01:45 PM
Very keyboard heavy. I liked it better when it was more riff driven. Not bad, but I hope the whole album doesn't sound like this.

RampinUp46
12-15-2012, 02:17 PM
I agree with pretty much everything said above.

JRA
12-15-2012, 02:27 PM
I like it, but I wish the singer would realize he's singing for a heavy metal band and not Weezer.

dcmetal108
12-15-2012, 02:31 PM
I like it, but I wish the singer would realize he's singing for a heavy metal band and not Weezer.

Why? That's one thing that makes the band great is how the vocals sound.

Northern_Shaman
12-15-2012, 02:44 PM

http://i.imgur.com/h1aWl.jpg

"He thinks the vocals should be changed!"

Whores are laughing at you, JRA.

dcmetal108
12-15-2012, 03:05 PM

:lol:

ravenheart
12-15-2012, 05:15 PM
It sounds like incidental music from Scooby Doo.

Travis The Dragon
12-15-2012, 05:44 PM
I'm so loving this!

InFlamesOfBirchmen
12-15-2012, 08:07 PM
It sounds like incidental music from Scooby Doo.

Funny, I always describe Ghost to people by saying, "They're basically a bunch of Scooby Doo villains playing 70's rock." I mean that in a good way, too.

JRA
12-15-2012, 08:16 PM

I just think of all the great classic metal vocalists and how despite having high ranges, they all had balls. Bruce Dickinson had balls, Halford had balls, Dio had balls, Ozzy had balls.

I do give them credit for not sounding like the lamb of god growlers or the Less Than Jake pop punk singers that are fucking everywhere in metal. But if I'm being completely honest with myself, they just sound kind of weak.

PVH5150
12-15-2012, 08:24 PM
I just think of all the great classic metal vocalists and how despite having high ranges, they all had balls. Bruce Dickinson had balls, Halford had balls, Dio had balls, Ozzy had balls.

I do give them credit for not sounding like the lamb of god growlers or the Less Than Jake pop punk singers that are fucking everywhere in metal. But if I'm being completely honest with myself, they just sound kind of weak.

As I call them, "Mercyful Fate Lite".

Still enjoy the music though. It's nice to have a new band with a classic feel and sound.

JRA
12-15-2012, 08:31 PM
Still enjoy the music though. It's nice to have a new band with a classic feel and sound.

Very much agreed. Which is why the vocals are such a disappointment to me.

BloodoftheKings
12-15-2012, 09:23 PM
Secular Haze (Live in Linköping) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xm0Y0awVExo)

They have new costumes, and apparently there's 2 Papa's. I don't know what the fuck is going on.

WOLVERINEKILLS
12-15-2012, 09:51 PM
Secular Haze (Live in Linköping) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xm0Y0awVExo)

They have new costumes, and apparently there's 2 Papa's. I don't know what the fuck is going on.

Tobias is the new Papa. I am confident the first Papa on stage tonight was lip syncing to Papa 2 (Tobias) singing behind the curtain.

Its odd but adds some more mystery to the band... as if they needed any.

Northern_Shaman
12-15-2012, 09:59 PM
Tobias is the new Papa. I am confident the first Papa on stage tonight was lip syncing to Papa 2 (Tobias) singing behind the curtain.

Its odd but adds some more mystery to the band... as if they needed any.

I'd be kind of pissed if I witnessed that - would feel deceived in a bad way rather than an alluring mysterious way.

Weird as fuck. Perhaps they have finally perfected human cloning and somehow came to the conclusion that Ghost's singer should be one of the first people duplicated.

EDIT: Watched the video again. There's NO way they'd have some tool lip sync the entire show.

Much more likely IMO was that the regular guy did the main set as usual, they exited, and then a 'fake' Papa came out and stood around for the beginning of the encore (their instrumental track 'Genesis'). Real Papa emerged (again) in new garments to perform Secular Haze.

BloodoftheKings
12-15-2012, 10:26 PM
I'd be kind of pissed if I witnessed that - would feel deceived in a bad way rather than an alluring mysterious way.

Weird as fuck. Perhaps they have finally perfected human cloning and somehow came to the conclusion that Ghost's singer should be one of the first people duplicated.

EDIT: Watched the video again. There's NO way they'd have some tool lip sync the entire show.

Much more likely IMO was that the regular guy did the main set as usual, they exited, and then a 'fake' Papa came out and stood around for the beginning of the encore (their instrumental track 'Genesis'). Real Papa emerged (again) in new garments to perform Secular Haze.

How do we know Secular Haze was the closer? It would make complete sense if it was the opener and Papa I just strutted around the stage while they performed the instrumental.

InFlamesOfBirchmen
12-15-2012, 10:47 PM
People on Facebook are flipping shit over the costume switch. Someone mentioned that the first album alludes to three different incantations of Papa. Anyone catch this? I listen to the album almost religiously (not a pun, I swear), but I hadn't heard anything about that.

anomynous
12-15-2012, 11:14 PM
While I think the band is kinda overrated, this singer/costume shit is interesting.

BloodoftheKings
12-15-2012, 11:19 PM
People on Facebook are flipping shit over the costume switch. Someone mentioned that the first album alludes to three different incantations of Papa. Anyone catch this? I listen to the album almost religiously (not a pun, I swear), but I hadn't heard anything about that.

These people on facebook are ridiculous. A lot of people are under the impression that the Papa that sings Secular Haze is a new vocalist. If that was the case i'd think people would be saying "how the fuck did they find a guy who looks and sounds exactly the same?" but people are seriously saying "I prefer the old vocalist". :tp:

Also, they played a cover of ABBA's I'm a Marionette. I think it's safe to assume it's gonna be the 2nd album's Here come the Sun.

MPF
12-16-2012, 01:03 AM
After watching the new video....yeah it's going to be hard for them to get shows in the States unless they change colors on the nameless Ghouls. The letters K,K, and K come to mind.

ravenheart
12-16-2012, 01:07 AM

There are a fuckton of those around. Most of them better than Ghost, too.

christopher
12-16-2012, 01:09 AM
After watching the new video....yeah it's going to be hard for them to get shows in the States unless they change colors on the nameless Ghouls. The letters K,K, and K come to mind.

I don't think that matters. They know the band is a gimmick and also know that they will sell out smaller venues.

MPF
12-16-2012, 01:12 AM
I don't think that matters. They know the band is a gimmick and also know that they will sell out smaller venues.

I love Ghost. I was them on their very short headlining tour and got a shit and a setlist and a pic. they are one of my favorite discoveries. All I'm saying is the new costumes in this color and they way they point make them on the Black Panthers most wanted list. Despite the gimmick.

treghet
12-16-2012, 01:13 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgKK5IDOpTI

MPF
12-16-2012, 01:24 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgKK5IDOpTI

again, duly noted. but the latest video, you can clearly see the pointed tops. in that video there are no pointed tops.

If they mat them down like they did in the video you posted, its not as noticeable.

Northern_Shaman
12-16-2012, 02:00 AM
again, duly noted. but the latest video, you can clearly see the pointed tops. in that video there are no pointed tops.

If they mat them down like they did in the video you posted, its not as noticeable.

Although I see the point you're making (American culture is hilariously crippled by notions of political correctness afterall), I really don't see this being a problem.

I really hope they don't succumb to such pressure either because those costumes are cool as fuck. Ghostly indeed.

If those Black Panthers you mentioned are all black-skinned then perhaps they could avoid any racial trouble in the USA by simply not allowing black individuals into the venues they perform at? Surely this would solve any potential-issues.

ravenheart
12-16-2012, 02:22 AM
Surely the fact that they're one of, if not the, most boring live band on the circuit is going to be a bigger problem than what they're wearing?

dcmetal108
12-16-2012, 03:37 AM
I really don't see them changing the color of the robes because for one thing anyone that knows even the slightest thing of the band knows that it isn't race driven. Plus outsiders don't watch a band like this at all so they are safe.

Also Ghost played their new song live last night and pro recorded it. Sounds great live.
Ghost - Secular Haze (Live in Linköping) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xm0Y0awVExo)

treghet
12-16-2012, 03:46 AM
Also Ghost played their new song live last night and pro recorded it. Sounds great live.
Ghost - Secular Haze (Live in Linköping) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xm0Y0awVExo)

Welcome to page three. What did you think we were talking about?

dcmetal108
12-16-2012, 03:48 AM
Welcome to page three. What did you think we were talking about?

Never saw that one.

MPF
12-16-2012, 04:00 AM
I should say I'm not offended by the outfits at all and I get whats going on. I am a huge Ghost supporter and bands like it such as Blood Ceremony, The Devil's Blood and Ancient VVisdom (among the many other bands in this style). I just have a gut feeling that if they make mainstream success (which I do hope for honestly, maybe Rock music will make a comeback like the 50s- the mid 90s, yeah that's a pipe dream) that people will find a huge problem with what theya re wearing and it will become a racial issue (which is so very damn ironic when you find out one of the ghouls is actually black). I don't wanna see them promoted like that. I love the evil essence and the great music behind it. Fuck yeah its a gimmick, but sometimes gimmicks actually work, in this case the music backs it up.

treghet
12-16-2012, 04:07 AM
If there is any controversy it will just gain them more attention. They would surely make a statement regarding it, and then it would be put to rest. But I don't foresee any of that happening, because if there was going to be any controversy it would have happened after they played Orion.

IrritatedTrout
12-16-2012, 05:03 AM
Although I see the point you're making (American culture is hilariously crippled by notions of political correctness afterall), I really don't see this being a problem.

I really hope they don't succumb to such pressure either because those costumes are cool as fuck. Ghostly indeed.

This.

If those Black Panthers you mentioned are all black-skinned then perhaps they could avoid any racial trouble in the USA by simply not allowing black individuals into the venues they perform at? Surely this would solve any potential-issues.

Aren't those just the summer costumes and not new costumes? Like the rest of you I have no idea what is going on with Papa, but it's interesting.

Oh, and as someone mentioned before, I'm so glad they have (in my opinion) cool clean vocals that fit the music instead of resorting to dime-a-dozen growling. That would ruin the band.

detuned
12-16-2012, 05:22 AM
i dont know about in the actual album, but tobias alluded to multiple papas in an interview a few months ago, saying something along the lines of "the smoke would go up very soon" (i.e. smoke at the vatican signaling a new pope)

regarding the setlist, half was I and half was II. there is no video of the transition between satan prayer and genesis, and the one genesis video at the moment is missing a chunk of the beginning, but comments indicate he simply left the stage and the decoy came out while he changed.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/ghost/2012/cupolen-linkoping-sweden-23da7057.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qw46NrTGhWE

daimonos
12-16-2012, 08:30 AM
The new song is bad.

slapguitarer
12-16-2012, 08:42 AM
I should say I'm not offended by the outfits at all and I get whats going on. I am a huge Ghost supporter and bands like it such as Blood Ceremony, The Devil's Blood and Ancient VVisdom (among the many other bands in this style). I just have a gut feeling that if they make mainstream success (which I do hope for honestly, maybe Rock music will make a comeback like the 50s- the mid 90s, yeah that's a pipe dream) that people will find a huge problem with what theya re wearing and it will become a racial issue (which is so very damn ironic when you find out one of the ghouls is actually black). I don't wanna see them promoted like that. I love the evil essence and the great music behind it. Fuck yeah its a gimmick, but sometimes gimmicks actually work, in this case the music backs it up.

You do realize Satanic imagery will never land them mainstream success, right?

Northern_Shaman
12-16-2012, 11:29 AM

BloodoftheKings
12-20-2012, 12:41 PM
Ghost will release a second full length album, entitled “INFESTISSUMAM”, in the spring of 2013.

Track listing:
1. INFESTISSUMAM
2. PER ASPERA AD INFERI
3. SECULAR HAZE
4. JIGOLO HAR MEGIDDO
5. GHULEH / ZOMBIE QUEEN
6. YEAR ZERO
7. IDOLATRINE
8. BODY AND BLOOD
9. DEPTH OF SATAN’S EYES
10. MONSTRANCE CLOCK

Northern_Shaman
12-20-2012, 01:15 PM
4. JIGOLO HAR MEGIDDO

Anticipating that this will be the greatest song of 2013. :lol:

anomynous
12-20-2012, 01:19 PM
Listening to Opus again.

I like it, but I still think people overrate it. Looking forward to the second album though.

300%_Density
12-20-2012, 01:48 PM

I think the Antichrist Superstar era Marilyn Manson would like to have a word with you.

IrritatedTrout
12-20-2012, 02:02 PM
Weird track listing.

PVH5150
12-23-2012, 01:20 PM
Nick Raskulinecz is producing the new album.

He also produced Rush's last 2 albums, which sounded amazing.

Looking forward to hearing this even more now.

slapguitarer
12-23-2012, 02:33 PM
I think the Antichrist Superstar era Marilyn Manson would like to have a word with you.

There's a pretty huge difference between that and straight up Satan worship.

BloodoftheKings
12-23-2012, 04:50 PM
There's a pretty huge difference between that and straight up Satan worship.

Ghost is even less serious than Marilyn Manson. That being said I still don't see the public eating up a retro-rock act with satanic imagery.

InFlamesOfBirchmen
12-23-2012, 05:06 PM
Ghost is even less serious than Marilyn Manson. That being said I still don't see the public eating up a retro-rock act with satanic imagery.

A whole lot of this. Not to mention the fact that Antichrist Superstar was just a metaphor. Ghost definitely know how the public perceives them, and they clearly like to have fun with it. I'd be willing to bet that none of them even believe Satan exists.

slapguitarer
12-23-2012, 05:08 PM

I know they don't, but most people wouldn't care. I know a few people who won't listen to Ghost because the Satanic lyrics.

InFlamesOfBirchmen
12-23-2012, 06:40 PM
I know they don't, but most people wouldn't care. I know a few people who won't listen to Ghost because the Satanic lyrics.

That's really intersting. When I saw them at the MastOpeth show, I was next to some guy who treated the whole thing as if it were a true black mass. Even after I told him it was a tongue-in-cheek routine, he didn't believe me. On the other side of me was a 22 year old woman who looked terrified the whole time. It's kind of fascinating to see how people react to Ghost.

WOLVERINEKILLS
12-23-2012, 07:56 PM
I know a few people who won't listen to Ghost because the Satanic lyrics.

Me too.

I have to say it has been since the Manson days since I have seen fans undecided on how to accept a bands image. Its not near the level of publicity Manson was at right when Antichrist Superstar was released but its not exactly too far behind that level of publicity either. Ghost's retro late 70's/early 80's hard rock sound is nothing new but there has not been any similar sounding bands at the level of popularity Ghost has acheived in decades. Its makes Ghost's sound refreshing when compared to other known metal, hard rock or core bands. It would not be a big surprise to see Ghost's popularity explode if their new album is good. I could see them reaching the level of popularity as a band like Anthrax, Testament, etc is at this time due to the push their new label is giving them.

IrritatedTrout
02-21-2013, 06:51 PM
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=186527

Album art.

InFlamesOfBirchmen
02-21-2013, 07:01 PM
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=186527

Album art.

I love the album cover. The video isn't too shabby either. It's simplistic for sure, but still fits their image.

IrritatedTrout
02-21-2013, 07:04 PM
I'm not crazy about the baby. What is that on it? A mask?

InFlamesOfBirchmen
02-21-2013, 07:09 PM
I'm not crazy about the baby. What is that on it? A mask?

At first I took it to be a baby Jesus. Now that I look closer, you're right, it's a bit odd. Still, the color scheme is quite cool.

IrritatedTrout
02-21-2013, 07:20 PM
Yeah, the city and the sun looks awesome.

twocentsup
02-22-2013, 06:27 AM
love this new artwork.

They claimed 'Genesis' represented the birth of the anti-christ at the end of their last album, so that probably explains the child.

moobys37
03-12-2013, 02:30 PM
This is hilarious. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afvx9qqLYCU)

rjturtle9
03-12-2013, 02:47 PM
This is hilarious. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afvx9qqLYCU)

Well, that sure makes me worried about the new album.

slapguitarer
03-12-2013, 02:50 PM
Well, that sure makes me worried about the new album.

Yeah, this song sucks ass.

anomynous
03-12-2013, 03:04 PM
I like it

treghet
03-12-2013, 03:08 PM
You guys are lame. That chorus is so catchy!

BloodoftheKings
03-12-2013, 03:12 PM
The song is pretty bad. Secular Haze wasn't that great either but at least that song had the Ghost feel to it. Ghost trying to sound all big and grandiose just doesn't sound right.

mankvill
03-12-2013, 03:48 PM
Secular Haze is great.

Their ABBA cover is really fucking bad.

I'm okay with this new song!

anomynous
03-12-2013, 04:12 PM
Abba cover > this and secular haze

mankvill
03-12-2013, 04:19 PM
Abba cover > this and secular haze

http://25.media.tumblr.com/9d2f9f9defa1e945a225f271389e10b3/tumblr_mjk0k9f4xw1r2xhr2o2_250.gif

InFlamesOfBirchmen
03-12-2013, 04:51 PM
Put me in the minority that actually likes it. Is it cheesy and ridiculous? Yup. But I can see it being A LOT of fun live.

powerslave_85
03-12-2013, 04:52 PM
LO fucking L at people putting down the new song for being "grandiose." The dude comes out onstage dressed like an undead Pope for fuck's sake. I think they cruised past "grandiose" quite a while ago.

I, for one, think the new song and "Secular Haze" are both pretty awesome.

mankvill
03-12-2013, 04:59 PM
LO fucking L at people putting down the new song for being "grandiose." The dude comes out onstage dressed like an undead Pope for fuck's sake. I think they cruised past "grandiose" quite a while ago.

I, for one, think the new song and "Secular Haze" are both pretty awesome.

:party:

BloodoftheKings
03-12-2013, 05:21 PM
The dude comes out onstage dressed like an undead Pope for fuck's sake. I think they cruised past "grandiose" quite a while ago.

I'm talking about the music.

MPF
03-12-2013, 05:25 PM
To everyone who hates this song...you don't know how to have fun, or worship Satan

anomynous
03-12-2013, 05:40 PM

Which in this band is conpletely intertwined with the stage show

BloodoftheKings
03-12-2013, 05:48 PM
Which in this band is conpletely intertwined with the stage show

What point are you trying to make? I didn't like the direction they took with this song, I don't care if it goes well with their stage show.

powerslave_85
03-12-2013, 06:08 PM
For one things, bands with that kind of elaborate stage persona are rarely subdued and subtle with their music. Besides, Ghost have always been pretty over-the-top. There's a few more layers and instruments in the new song, but there's nothing inherently different from anything on their first album.

slapguitarer
03-12-2013, 06:24 PM
The first album was an awesome combination of Mercyful Fate worship and Blue Oyster Cult worship that was really melodic and catchy. This most recent track is stage-written butt rock. When you write music for a live show, the quality of your work suffers.

To everyone who hates this song...you don't know how to have fun, or worship Satan

Whether or not you're serious, the "don't know how to have fun" argument is the same thing people pull when justifying bands like iwresteldabearonce. I don't suppose you'd argue they're an acceptable group, so your point is void.

anomynous
03-12-2013, 07:04 PM
What point are you trying to make? I didn't like the direction they took with this song, I don't care if it goes well with their stage show.

That they've always been "grandiose"

mankvill
03-12-2013, 07:17 PM
._. i still think it sounds awesome and an acceptable next step from their opus eponymous sound, damn

IrritatedTrout
03-12-2013, 07:26 PM
I think it's pretty cool. I hope most of the album is more in the vein of Secular Haze but this is good too.

TonyD
03-12-2013, 11:25 PM
For once I'm happy that I'm not into this band :lol:

WOLVERINEKILLS
03-12-2013, 11:32 PM
I think it's pretty cool. I hope most of the album is more in the vein of Secular Haze but this is good too.

Its not bad but I wasn't impressed to be honest.

adamclark52
03-13-2013, 12:03 AM
I don't think the new song's that bad at all. I'm not really a fan though and it didn't inspire me to want the album. But if it's played somewhere where I am I'll listen to it.

TonyD
03-13-2013, 12:48 AM
But if it's played somewhere where I am I'll listen to it.

Rather than...?

kalfitegrdan
03-13-2013, 01:25 AM
Rather than...?

Sawing off his own ears, I'd imagine.

PVH5150
03-13-2013, 01:53 AM
Nothing wrong with that tune at all.

DethMaiden
03-13-2013, 03:59 AM
Waaaahhh this incredibly talented band isn't just rewriting their first record. Cry more.

adamclark52
03-13-2013, 07:57 AM
Rather than...?

Change the channel

anomynous
03-25-2013, 10:15 PM
So there's a very NSFW video for Year Zero out......shows Papa Dong.

and tits.

IrritatedTrout
03-26-2013, 05:50 AM
Quite an interesting video. :lol:

PVH5150
04-10-2013, 06:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWAO8IAaUMA

treghet
04-13-2013, 04:38 AM
Here's an interview with one of the nameless ghouls and Papa Emeritus. Papa Emeritus is very vague, but the nameless ghoul gives elaborate answers about the new album and the band.

http://pitchfork.com/features/show-no-mercy/9107-ghost-bc/

dcmetal108
04-13-2013, 09:06 AM
Did anyone see the press release Ghost just did about the whole BC name change saying not only will they never call themselves anything but Ghost but that they also hate the name change, fought the label about it, and soon will go back to being just Ghost.

anomynous
04-13-2013, 11:21 AM
I thought that would have been obvious considering the only place their name "changed" is the US

detuned
05-28-2013, 01:38 PM
handful of dates leading up to lolla, not really worth a new thread

07/27 Hartford, CT – The Webster Theater
07/28 Brooklyn, NY – Music Hall Of Williamsburg
07/31 Buffalo, NY – Town Ballroom
08/01 Cleveland, OH – House Of Blues (feat. Baroness, Royal Thunder)
08/02 Chicago, IL – Lollapalooza

[via] (http://www.theprp.com/2013/05/28/news/ghost-lining-up-late-july-u-s-shows/)

Coma323
05-28-2013, 01:41 PM
CT, nice.

IrritatedTrout
05-28-2013, 03:06 PM
Damn, I still want to see them.

PVH5150
05-28-2013, 03:21 PM
07/27 Hartford, CT – The Webster Theater

Oh hell yes.
And it's on a Saturday.

:party:

Coma323
10-06-2013, 07:52 AM
http://www.theprp.com/2013/10/05/news/ghosts-roky-erickson-cover-leaks-online-new-covers-ep-with-dave-grohl-due-in-november/

Ghost (aka Ghost B.C.) will be revisiting their latest album “Infestissumam” with a revised set called “Infestissumam Redux” overseas on November 20th. The new 2-CD offering includes the original album with the bonus track “La Mantra Mori“.

Meanwhile, a second additional CD featuring a variety of covers and a live performance of “Secular Haze” will also be offered. It will run as follows:
01 – “If You Have Ghosts” (Roky Erickson cover)
02 – “I’m A Marionette” (ABBA cover)
03 – “Crucified” (Army Of Lovers cover)
04 – “Waiting For The Night” (Depeche Mode cover)
05 – “Secular Haze” (live)

As the band have previously stated, Foo Fighters frontman/guitarist Dave Grohl was involved with the tracks. Along with the above-mentioned bonus material, the redux set of “Infestissumam” will also come with a hardcover double CD, a 24 page book and will be limited to 3000 copies worldwide. Thus far the set has only been announced for a Scandinavian release.

The aforementioned bonus covers EP will however also be released individually on vinyl as a 12″ titled “If You Have Ghost“. It will be available on both black and clear vinyl pressings. Orders for the Redux set are currently being taken at Bengans.se, who also provided this admat.