PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Soul -- Philadelphia, PA -- December 10th, 2012

Dogman
12-11-2012, 01:36 PM
Warrior Soul at Kung Fu Necktie in Philadelphia, Pa. on December 10, 2012

Band was really tight. Kory was Kory. Lots of funny quips:

"This one is from our first album, which is pretty much a piece of shit."

"I might be short, fat and bald but I'll kick your ass."

He sounded pretty raspy but better than he has in awhile. The set list actually had 15 songs on it, so I was disappointed that the last 3 were cut. I think after Kory stumbled and fell into the guitar player and he kicked over the mic stand and monitor, he was done. He picked up his coat and drink, toasted the crowd and left. The audience cheered for an encore but the lights came up and the house music came on. Oh well. It was still a great show. Just wish it was longer. Here's the set list:

Intro
Interzone
Junky Stripper
A Drink To All My Friends
The Drug
Punk And Belligerent
Rotten Soul
Love Destruction
Blown
Shine Like It
She's Glaswegian
Charlie's Out Of Prison

energymetal14
12-11-2012, 02:14 PM
I only know a few songs from them, and they weren't played here. Not ususlly my style, but they're not too bad!

Jasonic
12-12-2012, 10:23 AM
I am just glad he is out of TROUBLE.
God was he terrible with them.
Just didn't fit at all.

Is he bald now?

I only saw WARRIOR SOUL once MANY years ago on a weird tour with PUBLIC ENEMY / SISTERS OF MERCY / GANG OF FOUR

Yeah, the recession of the early 90s resulted in MANY bizarre touring packages.

Dogman
12-12-2012, 04:34 PM
Is he bald now?

Nah, he was just trying to be funny. He has the same crazy blonde haystack of hair. He's also not fat. Although he is much shorter than I thought he'd be.

The Ghost at Number One
12-12-2012, 10:39 PM
Was We Cry Out one of the songs that was cut?

Dogman
12-13-2012, 07:08 AM
Was We Cry Out one of the songs that was cut?

No. The cut songs were:
Fuck The Pigs
Downtown
The Party

To me, their first album is the best. But since he called it a "piece of shit" I wasn't expecting them to play many from that record. Shame.

Jasonic
12-13-2012, 07:33 AM
Surprised they didnt play THE LOSERS.

Wasn't that their big hit from back in the day if I recall?

The Ghost at Number One
12-13-2012, 07:35 AM
Surprised they didnt play THE LOSERS.

Wasn't that their big hit from back in the day if I recall?That's what I thought about We Cry Out. That's the video I remember, anyway.

Zla Vydra
12-13-2012, 08:52 AM
No. The cut songs were:
Fuck The Pigs
Downtown
The Party

To me, their first album is the best. But since he called it a "piece of shit" I wasn't expecting them to play many from that record. Shame.

I was a big fan of Drugs, God and the New Republic. Never got to see them back in the day. Is this just a short jaunt through the Northeast?

Dogman
12-13-2012, 04:43 PM
I was a big fan of Drugs, God and the New Republic. Never got to see them back in the day. Is this just a short jaunt through the Northeast?

Yeah, their first 3 records are all classics.

And yes, this looks to be just a Northeast tour. Only 2 dates left: Connecticut tomorrow and Pittsburgh on Sunday.

Force10
12-14-2012, 09:41 AM
I saw them way back when, I think right after their 2nd album came out. Saw them in a bar in Syracuse, NY with barely anyone there.

I want to say someone yelled "We Cry Out", and Kory's face just said "Not a chance in hell."

Bummer on Downtown being omitted - it's a good song.

I listened to the first album alot, the second one somewhat. I never gave their 3rd album much of a chance - maybe I will dig it up.