Muse - The 2nd Law
Bruce Springsteen - Wrecking Ball
Jack White - Blunderbuss

BloodoftheKings
12-05-2012, 07:15 PM
https://1-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/sp/image/1339/95/1339957398718.jpg

AnthG
12-05-2012, 07:17 PM
It doesn't matter what anyone thinks of any of the songs, Iron Maiden's winning Hard Rock/Metal.

dcmetal108
12-05-2012, 07:17 PM
As much as I'd like LOG or Anthrax to win we all know Megadave will.

anomynous
12-05-2012, 07:28 PM
I love how Live tracks can be nominated, because that's totally legit.

Like Priest winning for Dissident Aggressor two years ago.

hiddenzombie013
12-05-2012, 07:46 PM
You forgot to add No Reflection by Marilyn Manson for the Best Hard Rock/Metal Song category. Also, since they're mostly rock anyways, Album of the Year nominees are:

The Black Keys - El Camino
fun. - Some Nights
Mumford and Sons - Babel
Frank Ocean - Channel Orange
Jack White - Blunderbuss

PVH5150
12-05-2012, 07:49 PM
Mumford & Snore and Coldplay being nominated for rock categories is the funniest thing I've heard all day.

MPF
12-05-2012, 07:53 PM
My take...

How the fuck can a live song be nominated? Halestorm is great musically and vocally, but the lyrics are putrid. Those Anthrax and Megadeth albums came out last year. The only band with a leg to stand on is Lamb Of God, and odds are, Randy Blythe won't be accepting the award if they win.

*now awaiting posts on how the Grammys are not relevant anymore.*

hiddenzombie013
12-05-2012, 07:57 PM
My take...

How the fuck can a live song be nominated? Halestorm is great musically and vocally, but the lyrics are putrid. Those Anthrax and Megadeth albums came out last year. The only band with a leg to stand on is Lamb Of God, and odds are, Randy Blythe won't be accepting the award if they win.

It can get nominated because En Vivo! was released this year. I love Maiden, but I don't agree with it either. That's the rules though. With the other two, they were released as singles in 2012, therefore they are eligible. Again, I think it's a totally stupid rule, but that's how it is.

PVH5150
12-05-2012, 07:58 PM

Meaning they were at one point?

MPF
12-05-2012, 08:36 PM
Meaning they were at one point?

You mean back in 1989 people weren't bitching about Jethro Tull getting best Metal Performance over Metallica? Or a few years ago The Mars Volta beat Disturbed for Best Hard Rock Performance?

broncoz
12-05-2012, 10:00 PM
Didn't really know Mumford & Sons was considered rock... but I guess it fits with the others in that category.

O well I like Muse so we'll see

slapguitarer
12-05-2012, 10:38 PM
http://images.wikia.com/regularshow/es/images/d/db/Rigby_-_Eggcellent.png

mankvill
12-05-2012, 10:48 PM
Best Grammy moment hands down was when Arcade Fire won AOTY a few years back and no one knew who they were.

ShatteredFlame
12-05-2012, 11:03 PM
Best Grammy moment hands down was when Arcade Fire won AOTY a few years back and no one knew who they were.

This. Funniest day of school right after with everyone saying Eminem got robbed and calling Arcade Fire a country band.

BloodoftheKings
12-05-2012, 11:05 PM
This. Funniest day of school right after with everyone saying Eminem got robbed and calling Arcade Fire a country band.

I thought the reactions to last year's grammy awards was pretty good with all the twitter post about 'Bonny Bear'.

OraclesofAgony
12-05-2012, 11:21 PM
It doesn't matter what anyone thinks of any of the songs, Iron Maiden's winning Hard Rock/Metal.

Didn't it take Maiden years to win a Grammy and they finally got one for El Dorado?

It's pretty pathetic that it took them that long to give them one. But I don't care about the Grammys anyways.

hiddenzombie013
12-05-2012, 11:30 PM
I thought the reactions to last year's grammy awards was pretty good with all the twitter post about 'Bonny Bear'.

The best part was all of the people who thought Arcade Fire was the name of the album by a band called The Suburbs. :tp:

This was by far the worst part though...

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/who-is-paul-mccartney

OraclesofAgony
12-05-2012, 11:36 PM
The best part was all of the people who thought Arcade Fire was the name of the album by a band called The Suburbs. :tp:

I remember seeing that back when that happened. That's just embarrassing.

mankvill
12-06-2012, 12:09 AM

LMFAO oh holy shit I forgot about Bonny Bear. :lol:

AnthG
12-06-2012, 03:04 AM
Didn't it take Maiden years to win a Grammy and they finally got one for El Dorado?

Well, it's more just because they're the most veteran band on that list and also the most recognizable by name of the bands nominated.

IrritatedTrout
12-06-2012, 05:16 AM
The Grammys are so fucking stupid. I love Maiden but a live song shouldn't be nominated. I love Anthrax but that song is from 2011. I love Megadeth but that song is from 2011.

However, if we play be these stupid fucking rules then I guess I hope Anthrax wins. Maiden won last year and while I wish Megadeth would just finally win, that is not a great song.

kalfitegrdan
12-06-2012, 05:16 AM

:lol: I remember that.

kalfitegrdan
12-06-2012, 05:17 AM
The Grammys are so fucking stupid. I love Maiden but a live song shouldn't be nominated. I love Anthrax but that song is from 2011. I love Megadeth but that song is from 2011.

However, if we play be these stupid fucking rules then I guess I hope Anthrax wins. Maiden won last year and while I wish Megadeth would just finally win, that is not a great song.

Yeah, every bit of this.

Ommie
12-06-2012, 05:59 AM
I'm pretty sure the cutoff for Grammy nominations are September or so. So everything from late September 2011 to early September 2012 is fair game.

TonyD
12-06-2012, 10:15 AM
:lol: I remember that.

Oh god... lel at the guy who says BRING IN LIL B THEBASEDGOD. That might be the only non-serious one there.
Also there's a link in that article to another about people pissed that Bon Iver beat Nicki Minaj and Skrillex for best new artist.

Not that you can expect anything from the Grammys, but would it have been that hard to reach for say, Gojira? Or is it really just a count of whoever put out some kind of material, live or not, and sold the most shirts at Hot Topic?

Edit: god just looking at what came out this year... Rush, Baroness, Torche, HOF, Opeth (probably not worthy of an award, but if it's a popularity contest why not?), Municipal Waste. What a joke.

WOLVERINEKILLS
12-06-2012, 10:29 AM
They really need to go back to seperate hard rock & metal categories.

Blacktooth85
12-06-2012, 12:58 PM
As much as I'd like LOG or Anthrax to win we all know Megadave will.

Not really. This will be Megadeth's 11th nomination, and they still haven't won. I think they just like to fuck with Mustaine.