PDA

View Full Version : Randy Blythe Acquitted (Updated)

imanidiot777
12-03-2012, 01:34 PM
http://thegauntlet.com/article/525/26817/Randy-Blythe-Case-to-Continue#.UL1E0YOumIU

http://thegauntlet.com/article/525/26820/LAMB-OF-GOD-Manager-Responds-To-Randy-Blythe-Indictment#.UL1E0YOumIU

I actually thought they were just doing all of this to look like they were trying even though there was no case, I guess I was wrong.

This sucks.

BloodoftheKings
12-03-2012, 02:28 PM
Well it's not like they were just going to forget about the case after bail was posted, this isn't really bad news.

AnthG
12-03-2012, 05:47 PM
Man, I REALLY should have gone to the Niagara Falls show. Seems like it'll be a while before I get to see Lamb of God again. If at all.

WOLVERINEKILLS
12-03-2012, 07:03 PM
Man, I REALLY should have gone to the Niagara Falls show. Seems like it'll be a while before I get to see Lamb of God again. If at all.

I made a decision the day of the Louisville show to go & Im glad I went even though the last few LoG albums haven't been as good imo.

MPF
12-03-2012, 09:10 PM
I got to see Lamb of God at Knotfest and hang out with Randy, so I don't feel as bad missing this past tour.

That said the whole situation is fucked and I am really hoping that he will not be convicted. Or if he does, he at least gets a Casio keyboard in prison to make music with.

w00tasaurus
12-04-2012, 03:46 AM
kill person
face punishment

don't see why he has to be defended just because he is in a metal band (love lamb of god btw)

MPF
12-04-2012, 04:02 AM
kill person
face punishment

don't see why he has to be defended just because he is in a metal band (love lamb of god btw)

Show me the proof where he did it.

imanidiot777
12-04-2012, 04:58 AM
kill person
face punishment

Yeah. I don't really see any evidence of him killing anyone?

The worst thing I saw was him helping push a guy off the stage and back into the crowd.

Indestructible
12-04-2012, 09:12 AM
Can Randy be at fault here even if he did push the guy back into the crowd from the stage? It's the fans fault. He knew he wasn't allowed to jump on the stage and he knew he would have gotten thrown if he did, definetly if the band and security guads felt danger.

AnthG
12-04-2012, 01:16 PM
Can Randy be at fault here even if he did push the guy back into the crowd from the stage? It's the fans fault. He knew he wasn't allowed to jump on the stage and he knew he would have gotten thrown if he did, definetly if the band and security guads felt danger.

This is the one argument that's irritated me throughout this whole thing. The whole "He shouldn't have been up there so it's his fault." If Randy still intentionally tried to harm him (although he probably didn't), then he should be held responsible. If I decide to run on the highway and I get accidentally hit by a car going 100 km/h, then it's my fault. But if I go on the highway and it happens to be empty, and I happen to be in the right lane, and some dude in the middle lane turns and hits me on purpose, and then breaks, backs up with no traffic to run me over again, then it's that motherfucker's fault.

dcmetal108
12-04-2012, 02:57 PM
This is the one argument that's irritated me throughout this whole thing. The whole "He shouldn't have been up there so it's his fault." If Randy still intentionally tried to harm him (although he probably didn't), then he should be held responsible. If I decide to run on the highway and I get accidentally hit by a car going 100 km/h, then it's my fault. But if I go on the highway and it happens to be empty, and I happen to be in the right lane, and some dude in the middle lane turns and hits me on purpose, and then breaks, backs up with no traffic to run me over again, then it's that motherfucker's fault.

Horrible example.

rjturtle9
12-04-2012, 03:22 PM

Wait... WHAT!? :bouville:

AnthG
12-04-2012, 03:26 PM
Horrible example.

How? It's to a higher extreme, sure, but the principle of what I explained still applies. If Randy still went out of his way to harm the fan, even if he was on the stage, he should be held responsible for those actions.

Travis The Dragon
12-04-2012, 06:46 PM
If I were Randy, I would not return back to the Czech Republic for my trial. It's not like they can just come over here and get him. If he never returns there, it's impossible for him to be sentenced, right?

kommie
12-04-2012, 07:48 PM
If I were Randy, I would not return back to the Czech Republic for my trial. It's not like they can just come over here and get him. If he never returns there, it's impossible for him to be sentenced, right?

He's said he's going back if they call him back. I don't feel like finding it, but he did say he's going back.

Travis The Dragon
12-04-2012, 08:05 PM
He's said he's going back if they call him back. I don't feel like finding it, but he did say he's going back.

Yes, I know he said that, but I wouldn't follow through with it if I were him. What if he's found guilty and is stuck in prison for the rest of his life? Does he really want to risk that?

IrritatedTrout
12-04-2012, 08:09 PM
I would think it would be incredibly difficult, if not impossible, to tour in many parts of the world if he refuses to go to trial and they still have a warrant out for him.

rjturtle9
12-04-2012, 09:21 PM
I would think it would be incredibly difficult, if not impossible, to tour in many parts of the world if he refuses to go to trial and they still have a warrant out for him.

Yeah fuck that I would rather not tour the world if it meant not going to jail on the other side of the planet.

Northern_Shaman
12-04-2012, 10:12 PM
Yeah fuck that I would rather not tour the world if it meant not going to jail on the other side of the planet.

This right here.

I'd be interested in seeing a list of countries that he wouldn't be able to enter if he refuses to return to the Czechs. I can't imagine it being worth the risk.

Seriously. The slight chance of ending up in a Czech prison for that long is fucking terrifying. Fuck your "honour", Randy. Use some sense.

imanidiot777
12-05-2012, 04:20 AM
This right here.

I'd be interested in seeing a list of countries that he wouldn't be able to enter if he refuses to return to the Czechs. I can't imagine it being worth the risk.

Seriously. The slight chance of ending up in a Czech prison for that long is fucking terrifying. Fuck your "honour", Randy. Use some sense.

The USA has an extradition treaty with Czech Republic. So if he didn't go, it is possible they could get the US to do something about it. I'm not sure if the US would turn him over, given the fact that they didn't care to help in this case.

AnthG
12-05-2012, 09:53 AM
The USA has an extradition treaty with Czech Republic. So if he didn't go, it is possible they could get the US to do something about it. I'm not sure if the US would turn him over, given the fact that they didn't care to help in this case.

They were informed in 2010 shortly after the incident happened that the CR had a warrant out for Randy, and they essentially ignored it and didn't tell Randy.

adamclark52
12-05-2012, 11:32 AM

People are always at fault for other peoples mistakes. I'm a licensed electrician. If I have an apprentice and I tell him "do not touch that wire. It is live. It will kill you" and he decides to go up a ladder and touch it anyway while I go to turn it off it's still my fault if he gets hurt. The rationalization is that the apprentice shouldn't be left anywhere near an exposed wire. Somewhat the same as Randy's case, but just an example of how there's always someone to blame for someone else's actions.

imanidiot777
12-05-2012, 11:45 AM
People are always at fault for other peoples mistakes. I'm a licensed electrician. If I have an apprentice and I tell him "do not touch that wire. It is live. It will kill you" and he decides to go up a ladder and touch it anyway while I go to turn it off it's still my fault if he gets hurt. The rationalization is that the apprentice shouldn't be left anywhere near an exposed wire. Somewhat the same as Randy's case, but just an example of how there's always someone to blame for someone else's actions.

And while I completely believe you that this is true, it is still ridiculous.

IrritatedTrout
12-16-2012, 06:18 AM
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=183673

energymetal14
12-17-2012, 01:16 AM
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=183673

I'd be pretty pissed if I were Randy too. After what happened in CT, the very least people could do is show some respect. Sadly though, any crowd will always have the few idiots who don't care, so this isn't really surprising to hear.

imanidiot777
12-17-2012, 05:06 AM
http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/news/randy-blythe-trial-date-set/

Travis The Dragon
12-17-2012, 04:33 PM
I'd be pretty pissed if I were Randy too. After what happened in CT, the very least people could do is show some respect. Sadly though, any crowd will always have the few idiots who don't care, so this isn't really surprising to hear.
That pisses me off too, but you also have to remember that quite a bit of the audience was probably pretty drunk by the time Randy did that so ya, it doesn't surprise me either.

Addicted2metal
12-17-2012, 05:03 PM
Randy is overreacting just a little I was at that show about 99% of the people were silent some even took out their lighters

there were only a few people that were screaming and yes probably drunk

kalfitegrdan
02-05-2013, 09:26 AM
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=185795

W0unds
02-05-2013, 09:32 AM
The trial is expected to last until the end of the week. Tomorrow the court will hear from 12 witnesses who attended the concert.

At least it won't be months and months to hear a verdict. Hopefully it all goes smoothly for Randy.

ravenheart
02-05-2013, 09:38 AM
Surely most of those witnesses are going to be LOG fans and will say "he did nothing wrong"...

Unless the witnesses are security guards etc.

Chris_M_S
02-05-2013, 09:55 AM
Actually the first witness was pretty condemning

Chris_M_S
02-05-2013, 09:55 AM
That is a good-looking suit, tho

anomynous
02-05-2013, 10:02 AM
I have a feeling Randy's fucked anyway.

Hopefully he's exonerated though.

dcmetal108
02-05-2013, 10:43 AM
If Randy does get charged (Which I hope he doesn't) maybe we can send Seal Team Six in there to rescue him.

kalfitegrdan
02-05-2013, 10:51 AM
If Randy does get charged (Which I hope he doesn't) maybe we can send Seal Team Six in there to rescue him.

:lol: Most of them probably DO listen to LoG.

rjturtle9
02-05-2013, 12:54 PM

:lol: That made me bust up hard at home! :lol:

RampinUp46
02-05-2013, 01:30 PM

Nice. :lol:

imanidiot777
02-06-2013, 05:58 AM
It seems the second day of witnesses turned out much better for Randy.

http://www.thegauntlet.com/article/525/27268/Witness-States-Randy-Blythe-s-Reaction-To-Fans-On-Stage-Was-Reasonable-

http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/news/randy-blythe-trial-randy-posts-update/

imanidiot777
02-06-2013, 09:54 AM
Looks like he is coming home for a little while. I'm sure he just wanted to get this over with.

http://www.thegauntlet.com/article/525/27269/Randy-Blythe-Free-To-Return-To-U-S-As-Case-Delayed

Northern_Shaman
02-06-2013, 12:20 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tough guys save the day once again.

anomynous
03-04-2013, 11:48 PM
So today's judgement day, I suppose the verdict will be out in the next few hours

WOLVERINEKILLS
03-04-2013, 11:54 PM
So today's judgement day, I suppose the verdict will be out in the next few hours

I thought I read they had a bit more testimonials today before a verdict was decided. Due to the conflicting testimonies I bet he pays the family but keeps his freedom. Whats everyones prediction on the outcome?

anomynous
03-05-2013, 12:03 AM
All the places I read said the verdict is expected today

orlandodavis
03-05-2013, 12:45 AM
Thought it was http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7gIpuIVE3k

crazymetalhead
03-05-2013, 05:13 AM
Randy Blythe, frontman of American metal outfit Lamb of God, has been acquitted of the manslaughter charges he has been facing in the Czech Republic.

The vocalist was charged with manslaughter after a fan died at a Lamb of God gig in Prague just over two years ago. The 19 year-old had climbed onto the stage in order to dive into the crowd, but after getting in the way of Blythe, he was pushed off - resulting in fatal injuries.

Blythe was arrested at an airport in the Czech Republic - where he was due to be performing - and held for five weeks, before being allowed to return to the US on bail. After returning to finish the trial, Blythe’s prayers have finally been answered - and he’s been acquitted of the charges.

Just before the trial, Blythe posted an image message to Instagram, reflecting on his legal battle ahead of the verdict.

He wrote: “It's a beautiful morning in Prague, and time for me to go to what is (hopefully) my final day in court here- supposedly judgement will be passed today and I will move on with my life in one direction or the other. Which direction that is, I do not know. I could walk free, or conversely go to prison for up to ten years. Such is my life right now, and I must stay in this moment until its resolution. Whatever happens to me, do not feel sorry for me, for I am at peace and refuse to feel sorry for myself. Life happens. Deal with it.

“Some people cannot understand why I have returned, saying I should not come back here. KNOW THIS, and mark my words well — it would be absolutely intolerable for me to hide from this situation. I am an innocent man, but a family suffers the loss of a son, a fan of my band. That is what this whole thing is truly about, not prison, not money, not politics, not ME — it is about a young man who lost his life at just 19 years of age. He will never come back, and it breaks my heart. I would not be able to sleep at night knowing that I did not behave honorably and try to give his family some answers. That would be disgraceful, and I do not wish to dishonor myself or my family by acting in such a cowardly manner.

“I was raised to face my problems head on. For me, this is BEING A MAN. I categorically refuse to live in a constant state of guilt and fear. I would rather die. My morality and convictions are not dependent upon unforeseeable circumstance, nor malleable when difficulty arises.

"So I walk this morning to court with my head held high, no matter what others opinions of me may be. I have to face myself in the mirror, and tomorrow morning, wherever I may wake up, I will be able to do that without regret. This is THE ONLY path to true freedom for me — peace within myself. This is the manner in which I choose to try my best to live my life, and I hope you all do the same — do your best to do what is right, no matter how difficult it may be. I promise you, this will bring you peace.

"I thank you all for your support, I wish you all a good day, and to quote one of my favorite movies: STRENGTH AND HONOR.”

Though he’s been acquitted, the parents of the teenager have previously demanded 10million Czech Koruna - or $530,000 - and it’s unknown whether he’ll be forced to pay anything at the moment. Stay with Stereoboard to stay up-to-date on the story as more information surfaces.

es156
03-05-2013, 06:22 AM
Despite how much I dislike his band, I will give him credit for how he has handled this whole crazy situation.

:cool:

dcmetal108
03-05-2013, 06:22 AM
WOOT WOOT!

IrritatedTrout
03-05-2013, 06:31 AM
That's great news. The Blabbermouth article says the prosecutor will probably appeal but he should be in the clear.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=187027

W0unds
03-05-2013, 06:39 AM
Great news, he has earned a lot of my respect for the class in which he handled this situation.

hellawaits77ny
03-05-2013, 06:42 AM
Yes!!

Disturbed95
03-05-2013, 07:15 AM
Thank God

mastodon421
03-05-2013, 07:17 AM
:party: Thank god

hot_turkey_ed
03-05-2013, 07:26 AM
Despite how much I dislike his band, I will give him credit for how he has handled this whole crazy situation.

:blaze:

treghet
03-05-2013, 07:53 AM

+1

energymetal14
03-05-2013, 08:03 AM
Agreed, I totally respect the way he handled everything. Not a LOG fan, but I really am glad he is free!

Dextrimental
03-05-2013, 08:32 AM
Randy was the nicest guy both times I met him, and it's great to see that those were not once offs. The class with which he handled this is worthy of high merit, that piece of writing was beautiful and heartfelt.

Good to still have you here with us Randy.

anomynous
03-05-2013, 08:42 AM
That's great news. The Blabbermouth article says the prosecutor will probably appeal but he should be in the clear.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=187027

This prosecutor is a complete scumbag, appealing everything he possibly can because he's after the money

anomynous
03-05-2013, 11:35 AM
Rule of Honor upheld.

MPF
03-05-2013, 11:40 AM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/35732640.jpg

...I had to make it.

InFlamesOfBirchmen
03-05-2013, 01:10 PM
Soooo...Mayhem Fest, then?

John The Drummer
03-05-2013, 01:21 PM
LOL! Nice one MPF.

That's good to hear. I really cannot stand Lermuhgerd these days, but its great that he pulled through and came out on top.

But goddamnit, why Instagram!? :bouville:
16 year old teenagers...

treghet
03-05-2013, 01:49 PM
But goddamnit, why Instagram!? :bouville:
16 year old teenagers...

Well that is a good portion of their fan base.

mankvill
03-05-2013, 01:59 PM
DAMNIT!

Northern_Shaman
03-05-2013, 02:40 PM
Good for him.

...Though I'm sort of laughing at the comments about the 'honour' and 'class' that he displayed. I can't help but think that such comments are a direct result of him (luckily) being acquitted. He'd look like a fucking idiot if he ended up in prison for 10 years because he was too courageous to just hide the fuck away from Czech Republic.

NickLed19
03-05-2013, 03:09 PM
DAMNIT!

Not cool. :D

treghet
03-05-2013, 03:42 PM
Good for him.

...Though I'm sort of laughing at the comments about the 'honour' and 'class' that he displayed. I can't help but think that such comments are a direct result of him (luckily) being acquitted. He'd look like a fucking idiot if he ended up in prison for 10 years because he was too courageous to just hide the fuck away from Czech Republic.

I don't think being sentenced would have detracted from him being honorable, although there would be plenty of people that would call him an idiot. Conversely, if he hadn't returned for the trial there would be people calling him a pussy for not facing the music.

IrritatedTrout
03-05-2013, 05:13 PM
Good for him.

The thing that people overlook is that his touring career would be virtually finished if he didn't face the trial. He couldn't tour in whichever country has an extradition treaty with the Czech Republic and that would hurt his finances and the band badly. Plus he'd always have to live in fear because I believe that the US has such a treaty.

Travis The Dragon
03-05-2013, 07:47 PM
Any thoughts about the appeal that has been made? I hope it's not too early to celebrate.

TonyD
03-06-2013, 09:34 AM
Rule of Honor upheld.

:lol:

AnthG
03-06-2013, 07:00 PM
Good for him.

The same honour and class was being displayed well before the verdict, even when he was still in the prison last summer. It's not like he waited until after he was acquitted to open his mouth about the situation.

Northern_Shaman
03-06-2013, 11:30 PM
The same honour and class was being displayed well before the verdict, even when he was still in the prison last summer. It's not like he waited until after he was acquitted to open his mouth about the situation.

I'm aware of this.

W0unds
03-07-2013, 10:35 AM
via theprp from Randy's instagram:

“I am leaving Prague now- I hope not to return for a long while. This has nothing to do with this city, the people who live here, or the Czech Republic itself at all. This is a wonderful place, & many people have been kind to me. Not a single soul here has been rude or mean to me at all, nor done me any harm- in fact it is quite the opposite. I have grown to love this city, for it is a marvelous, magical town. I encourage everyone to come visit here, to see this lovely country. But for me it is a place of great sadness.

While I am relieved that my innocence was proven & apparently I shall not be going to prison, I am in no way shape or form a happy man right now. The small inconveniences I have been through since my arrest are not noteworthy. People go through much worse daily & still keep a smile on their faces, but currently my smiles are far & few between. A young man is still dead, & his family still suffers. Please remember that fact. This family did no wrong, & have shown me great kindness- with silence, with actions, & finally with words- they spoke on my behalf to the court, & we had a private talk afterwards.

All I will say about that is that they were very kind to me & displayed the utmost strength & class, & wished me a good life. They just want to get on with their lives the best they can. I wish them only the best, & will keep them in my thoughts & prayers. Please do the same- think good thoughts of them & healing thoughts for them. Trust me, they are good people, & I mean that from the bottom of my heart. They did NOTHING wrong.

This picture is from Kutna Hora, at the Sedlec Ossuary. I was there yesterday- like Prague, it is an amazing place. About this city, Kafka wrote: “Prague doesn’t let go…This old crone has claws. One has to yield, or else.” I have found this to be true. I am yielding, I am leaving a part of myself here, I think. Some bit of me will always roam these streets at night, & that is only fitting. Now I will go home & try to see what good I can make come out the destruction that occurred here- it is the only correct thing to do. Rest in peace, Daniel Nosek.”

This was very respectful way to conclude things. It makes it sound like the family will not be pursuing further action against him.

imanidiot777
05-15-2013, 11:04 AM
Awesome blog post from Randy:

http://www.thegauntlet.com/article/525/27888/Randy-Blythe-Gives-His-Thoughts-And-Insight-Into-Recent-Manslaughter-Trial