PDA

View Full Version : New Carcass Album??!!!!

300%_Density
11-29-2012, 01:10 PM
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=182963

Reactivated British extreme metal legends CARCASS are rumored to be putting the finishing touches on their first studio album in 17 years with acclaimed producer Colin Richardson (FEAR FACTORY, MACHINE HEAD, NAPALM DEATH, SLIPKNOT, BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE). The band has yet to secure a label home for the effort, which is expected in early 2013.

Guitarist Michael Amott and drummer Daniel Erlandsson, who have been touring with CARCASS since the band's reunion was announced in 2007, are no longer involved with the group due to scheduling conflicts with their main band, ARCH ENEMY. Joining guitarist Bill Steer and bassist/vocalist Jeff Walker in the studio for the new CD recording sessions was drummer Matthias Voigt of German death metal and hardcore fusionists HEAVEN SHALL BURN.

CARCASS is in the process of booking a number of live shows for 2013, including appearances at next year's Maryland Deathfest and Chile's Metal Fest.

In a May 2012 interview with Metal Forces, Amott said about CARCASS' future plans, "I'm not working with CARCASS at the moment. From what I hear they're working on something new, but it's not with me. I'm not included in it. I don't know. I don't comment. [laughs] I don't really know what they're working on, so it's not really for me to say, but whatever it is I wish them well, of course. I had a great time doing the reunion shows; we played a lot of shows in 2008, 2009, 2010, and I had a fantastic time at those shows. I'm a very busy guy as well, so I could see why I wouldn't be included. I've pretty much got a full-time thing going on with ARCH ENEMY, and I'm with SPIRITUAL BEGGARS on top of that. It's very difficult for me to fit in a third band with touring and everything."

JRA
11-29-2012, 01:19 PM
Eh, if Mike's not on the new album I really don't care.

GarageMetal468
11-29-2012, 01:25 PM

That's too bad.

I'm really hoping for the best here... kind of an odd choice for a fill in drummer, but who knows what's gonna happen.

ravenheart
11-29-2012, 01:57 PM

If Bill Steer is, then it doesn't matter.

OraclesofAgony
11-29-2012, 04:27 PM
Wow, I was not expecting this at all! Hopefully this means they might actually do a full tour of the US in the future.

kommie
11-29-2012, 04:29 PM
Well we all know how good Swan Song was....... Hopefully this is good though.

treghet
11-29-2012, 04:37 PM
Sometimes it's best to leave things alone. However, the idea of them touring again is awesome. I just have a feeling the new album is going to suck.

OraclesofAgony
11-29-2012, 04:52 PM
I think it has the potential to be good, but it could just as easily be bad and I really have no idea what to expect from it. No Michael Amott doesn't bother me that much though.

AnataFan4Life
11-29-2012, 05:05 PM
Considering how each of their albums sound completely different from each other, there's no telling what style they would go with.

elturtleboy
11-29-2012, 05:38 PM
Sometimes it's best to leave things alone. However, the idea of them touring again is awesome. I just have a feeling the new album is going to suck.

this.

MPF
11-29-2012, 05:43 PM
The new Saint Vitus didn't suck. Why would carcass suck?

I know they aren't the same genre, but just because a band comes back and makes a new album doesn't mean that it is going to suck. If anything it means they will get to tour more places since the label that will pick them up will want to promote them.

And even if it does supposedly suck, read the above paragraph again.

OraclesofAgony
11-29-2012, 06:27 PM

I know they aren't the same genre, but just because a band comes back and makes a new album doesn't mean that it is going to suck. If anything it means they will get to tour more places since the label that will pick them up will want to promote them.

And even if it does supposedly suck, read the above paragraph again.

Yeah, before I had little hope of getting a chance to see them but now with this news my chances are much greater.

treghet
11-29-2012, 06:34 PM
... just because a band comes back and makes a new album doesn't mean that it is going to suck.

That's not what I was getting at. Saint Vitus stayed true to their sound over the years, so it's a bit of a different situation. The reason I think a new Carcass album will suck is that Jeff and Bill have lost touch with what the band was. I don't think they have the inspiration to write another great death metal album.

energymetal14
11-29-2012, 11:40 PM
Yeah not really sure how I feel about this. It could be good, we'll see...

christopher
11-30-2012, 12:31 AM

Saint Vitus has always stayed true to their sound. Wino has been making amazing Doom albums for 30 years and I doubt he's going to change anytime soon. Or at least make it affect Saint Vitus. Carcass on the other hand is different. The Carcass I fell in love with was all about grind and being as fast as possible. Jeff started hating grind in the early 90s, so he completely changed the sound of the band. That's why they've only been playing 2 songs from the first album since like 92 and never played too many songs off the second album since then either. Another example of Jeff hating grind is how Brujeria has gone to complete shit ever since he joined. They used to play songs off the first record a lot, now that he's in the band,, its mostly Brujerizmo songs cause they're not grindcore. Also, Bill is in love with his Firebird band. I love hearing him singing in a clean note and trying to show his love for Cream, but I'm not sure how this will affect new Carcass. The best thing about seeing Carcass was seeing Bill sing Exhumed to Consume. I know Jeff is too much of a rockstar to let Bill be in control. I really hope Bill gets some input so he can make another Exhumed to Consume, but I don't see that happening. In the end, this album will most likely suck. To make matters worse, I won't want to see them after this album comes out cause that just means more old songs are going to be cut. I'm sure they will be more than happy to just play Heartwork and the new album and maybe one old song. Fuck that shit.

ravenheart
11-30-2012, 01:21 AM
Also, Bill is in love with his Firebird band.

Not as in love as he fucking should be. He spends more time touring as the lead guitarist in Gentlemans Pistols than he does touring Firebird. Firebird are MUCH better too.

christopher
11-30-2012, 01:37 AM
Not as in love as he fucking should be. He spends more time touring as the lead guitarist in Gentlemans Pistols than he does touring Firebird. Firebird are MUCH better too.

I just looked up Firebird on wiki and found out they broke up last year. :( I just looked up Gentlemens Pistols and they're ok, but Firebird is way too good to have called it a day. When Carcass announced they were coming back to the states, I was kind of bummed that I had to see Bill perform that way instead of as the front man of Firebird. I want to see them live so bad.

ravenheart
11-30-2012, 01:47 AM
I just looked up Firebird on wiki and found out they broke up last year. :( I just looked up Gentlemens Pistols and they're ok, but Firebird is way too good to have called it a day. When Carcass announced they were coming back to the states, I was kind of bummed that I had to see Bill perform that way instead of as the front man of Firebird. I want to see them live so bad.

I got to see them twice and they were fantastic both times. One was a TINY headlining warm-up show for the last time they played Roadburn (Wounded Kings and Trippy Wicked supporting), and one was opening for Graveyard. They just didn't tour often enough. At the very least they should have been touring the UK relentlessly to get their profile up, but they didn't. I guess having members living in Sweden etc. didn't help.

christopher
11-30-2012, 02:03 AM
I got to see them twice and they were fantastic both times. One was a TINY headlining warm-up show for the last time they played Roadburn (Wounded Kings and Trippy Wicked supporting), and one was opening for Graveyard. They just didn't tour often enough. At the very least they should have been touring the UK relentlessly to get their profile up, but they didn't. I guess having members living in Sweden etc. didn't help.

I remember looking up their tour dates in 09 to see what was up and they had a lot of UK dates at the time. I'm not too familiar with the UK, so I have no idea if it was actually a lot or not.

ravenheart
11-30-2012, 02:16 AM
I remember looking up their tour dates in 09 to see what was up and they had a lot of UK dates at the time. I'm not too familiar with the UK, so I have no idea if it was actually a lot or not.

More than 6 is a lot ;)

christopher
11-30-2012, 09:19 AM
More than 6 is a lot ;)

I meant, it seemed like there were more than 6 UK shows, just not sure how close some of those shows would have been to London, so it may have seemed like they didn't play enough around you. Also, I went to look up those shows on songkick and there was a listing for Firebird tomorrow in Los Angeles! I was tripping out for a minute, then realized it turned out to be something completely different.

adamclark52
11-30-2012, 10:27 AM
Yeah, I'm a huge Carcass fan and was so happy to see them still bring it live in 2008 but I'm very skeptical about a new album. I want it to rule but I echo the sentiments of everyone else here.

daimonos
11-30-2012, 11:11 AM

this.

adamclark52
11-30-2012, 06:18 PM
Expectations are just going to be SO high that there's no way they can be met.

300%_Density
12-03-2012, 10:28 AM
Some additional:

As BLABBERMOUTH.NET first reported last week, reactivated British extreme metal legends CARCASS are putting the finishing touches on their first studio album in 17 years with acclaimed producer Colin Richardson (FEAR FACTORY, MACHINE HEAD, NAPALM DEATH, SLIPKNOT, BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE). The band has yet to secure a label home for the effort, which is expected in early 2013.

Guitarist Michael Amott and drummer Daniel Erlandsson, who have been touring with CARCASS since the band's reunion was announced in 2007, are no longer involved with the group due to scheduling conflicts with their main band, ARCH ENEMY. Joining guitarist Bill Steer and bassist/vocalist Jeff Walker in the studio for the new CD recording sessions is drummer Daniel Wilding of TRIGGER THE BLOODSHED. "For live, we'll obviously add another guitarist we have someone in mind but we are not interested in a 'name' player," Walker tells Decibel magazine.

Regarding the sound of the forthcoming CARCASS album, Walker states: "We've taken stylistic cues from all the albums because it's in our blood, but it's no rehash or mess of ideas. I think it sounds almost like the missing link between the third and forth albums but with some groove in there. I've jokingly christened some parts 'trad blast' and some 'death sleaze' don't think for a minute this is just some nostalgic throwback album we're setting up another 17 years of ideas for other bands to copy and clean up on. [laughs]"

Asked if this means we'll be hearing some death metal vocals out of Bill for the first time since "Necroticism", Walker tells Decibel, "Yes, already in the can. It's more along the lines of how I envisioned him backing me up on 'Heartwork'. That said, my own vocals have a hell of a lot more range than they did in the past solely down to the luxury of having time to record them I did all the vox for 'Heartwork' in two days and it shows! Also, (hopefully) [drummer] Ken [Owen] [who is not involved in the band's current reunion because he suffered a near-fatal brain hemorrhage in February 1999 and has had some rather serious health problems since then. Ed.] will make an appearance we just need to tidy a few loose ends before the mix."

CARCASS is in the process of booking a number of live shows for 2013, including appearances at next year's Maryland Deathfest and Chile's Metal Fest.

treghet
12-03-2012, 10:32 AM
This sounds a bit more interesting now.

Natrlhi
12-03-2012, 10:35 AM
I think it sounds almost like the missing link between the third and forth albums but with some groove in there.So somewhere between Necroticism and Heartwork. COuld be interesting. The groove comments scares me a little, but we'll see. I choose to remain cautiously optimistic.

MPF
12-03-2012, 04:44 PM
And you guys were worried. :lol:

christopher
12-03-2012, 05:28 PM
I won't believe it until I hear it.

GarageMetal468
12-03-2012, 06:40 PM
Ugh, I was seriously hoping they were gonna go back to being a 3 piece live...

mattlion
12-03-2012, 06:48 PM
Count me as interested. Heartwork was the first death metal album I bought as at that time I was totally into the emerging melodic death metal sound. That album basically was a template for nearly every heavy album I bought from 1995-2002.

It wasn't until a bit later that I got into their earlier, grindcore offerings.

And thankfully, I still have yet to listen to much of Swansong....

treghet
12-03-2012, 08:41 PM
And you guys were worried. :lol:

Are. Just because they say it's going to be this or that doesn't mean it will live up to expectations.

OraclesofAgony
12-03-2012, 10:00 PM
So somewhere between Necroticism and Heartwork. COuld be interesting. The groove comments scares me a little, but we'll see. I choose to remain cautiously optimistic.

I was hoping for something like this when I heard the news. I'm definitely curious to see how this turns out.

MetalIsArt
12-04-2012, 02:02 AM
Are. Just because they say it's going to be this or that doesn't mean it will live up to expectations.

As long as they don't go the Morbid Angel route in terms of mix & stupid lyrics, it'll be fine with me.

300%_Density
02-27-2013, 10:44 AM
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=186790

Reactivated British extreme metal legends CARCASS have set "Surgical Steel" as the title of their first studio album in 17 years, to be released later this year via an as-yet-undetermined record label. The band's first studio outing since 1996's "Swansong" will be the first to feature new drummer Dan Wilding (ABORTED, TRIGGER THE BLOODSHED) and also features guest vocals from original sticksman Ken Owen. The CD was produced by Colin Richardson, who has previously worked with FEAR FACTORY, MACHINE HEAD, NAPALM DEATH, SLIPKNOT and BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE.

While the final track listing has yet to be confirmed, the following songs were recorded during the sessions:

* The Master Butcher's Apron
* The Granulating Dark Satanic Mills
* A Congealed Clot Of Blood
* A Wraith In The Apparatus
* 316l Grade Surgical Steel
* Cadaver Pouch Conveyor System
* Captive Bolt Pistol
* Intensive Battery Brooding
* None Compliance To Astm F899-12 Standard
* Mount Of Execution
* 1985/Thrasher's Abattoir
* Unfit For Human Consumption
* Zochrot
* Livestock Marketplace

christopher
02-27-2013, 11:04 AM
Some of the gory track names give me hope for this.

anomynous
02-27-2013, 11:53 AM
I love Cadaver Pouch Conveyer System

adamclark52
02-27-2013, 12:18 PM
And thankfully, I still have yet to listen to much of Swansong....

That album is 50/50. Keep on Rotting in the Free World, Tomorrow Belongs To Nobody, Child's Play, Room 101, Firm Hand and Go To Hell are all good songs (Keep on Rotting... is an awesome song). The rest is pretty forgettable.

Chris_M_S
02-27-2013, 12:24 PM
I actually thought "Keep on Rotting" was a standout when I saw them in NY a few years ago, but maybe that's just because it's so obviously different from the rest. It made me appreciate that song/album more.

adamclark52
02-27-2013, 12:25 PM
I actually thought "Keep on Rotting" was a standout when I saw them in NY a few years ago, but maybe that's just because it's so obviously different from the rest. It made me appreciate that song/album more.

I'll admit that it was my favorite song they played that night. The guitar-work during the chorus is awesome.

300%_Density
03-22-2013, 06:37 AM
Reactivated British extreme metal legends CARCASS have recruited Andy Sneap (MEGADETH, ACCEPT, EXODUS, ARCH ENEMY) to mix their comeback album, "Surgical Steel", after the CD's producer, Colin Richardson (FEAR FACTORY, MACHINE HEAD, NAPALM DEATH, SLIPKNOT, BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE), quit the project two weeks into the mixing process.

Speaking to Colombia's El Santuario Del Rock, CARCASS bassist/vocalist Jeff Walker stated about Richardson's decision to walk away from "Surgical Steel": "He quit yesterday. He was two weeks into mixing the album and he decided that he didn't want to continue. So Andy Sneap is taking over. [Colin's] produced the album. It's just that he's hit a brick wall with the mix and doesn't want to continue. And so we're bringing in Andy Sneap to do the mix now. It's a shame, but we finished recording the album three months ago. There are a lot of reasons for it, but the main reason is that he says he is burnt out. I guess it will be a positive thing to bring in some fresh ears."

anomynous
03-22-2013, 07:28 AM
Just release the album already

AnataFan4Life
03-27-2013, 10:05 AM
Apparently Colin Richardson quit to produce the new Trivium album >_>

christopher
03-27-2013, 10:14 AM
Ughh and I thought this thread was bumped so I could listen to a new song or something..:bouville:

anomynous
03-27-2013, 10:15 AM
So we're not going to talk about how killer the new lineup sounds? (http://youtu.be/q0YHdMY-2G8)

christopher
03-27-2013, 10:37 AM
So we're not going to talk about how killer the new lineup sounds? (http://youtu.be/q0YHdMY-2G8)

Well the "part 1" in the title is cool. I hope the person uploads the rest of the show. I was hoping that they wouldn't use a second guitarist an dplay as a three piece again.

anomynous
05-23-2013, 10:18 AM
Signed to Nuclear Blast (https://www.facebook.com/notes/nuclear-blast-usa/disinterred-uk-metal-legends-carcass-sign-to-nuclear-blast-records/10152847244020573)

Onioner
05-23-2013, 01:28 PM
Signed to Nuclear Blast (https://www.facebook.com/notes/nuclear-blast-usa/disinterred-uk-metal-legends-carcass-sign-to-nuclear-blast-records/10152847244020573)

Nuclear Blast is one of the best metal labels around, they'll treat them well. More importantly though, they've got hookups with Best Buy, FYE and a few other SoundScan compliant shops. Nuclear Blast albums have the best chance of actually denting the charts and getting the music in the hands of casual fans or folks who may not have checked them out otherwise.

christopher
05-24-2013, 02:54 AM
Well I hope they debut a new song at MDF and someone records it. I need to hear new Carcass asap.

Natrlhi
05-24-2013, 10:00 AM
Well I hope they debut a new song at MDF and someone records it. I need to hear new Carcass asap.
I shall do my utmost, sir. :fist:

christopher
05-24-2013, 03:02 PM
I shall do my utmost, sir. :fist:

Bless your metal heart. :D

Natrlhi
05-24-2013, 10:03 PM
Bless your metal heart. :D

Well, there was one problem - no new material played. :(

Coma323
05-25-2013, 05:28 AM
^Not much of a problem though.

anomynous
06-30-2013, 08:17 AM
dokIQOKxKSc

ravenheart
06-30-2013, 08:27 AM
That intro was sure promising.

mankvill
06-30-2013, 09:29 AM
Sounds amazing

Alduin
06-30-2013, 09:33 AM
It will take me awhile to get used to the backup vocals, but other than that fuckin awesome:rocker:

Jacoby238
06-30-2013, 11:06 AM
I am so in love with this! I cant believe we are getting new Autopsy, Gorguts, and Carcass albums this year. Any of those would be my AOTY no question if they came out alone. What am I going to do with all 3?!?!

adamclark52
06-30-2013, 12:07 PM
Very good, very promising. I'm not as blown away as I was by songs like Keep on Rotting in the Free World or Incarnated Solvent Abuse. But most importantly, I'm not one bit disappointed.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
06-30-2013, 12:09 PM
Good stuff. Can't wait for the new album.

elturtleboy
06-30-2013, 12:30 PM
its sounds cool. Im only a fan of the first 2 albums,but ill check this out.

OraclesofAgony
06-30-2013, 01:23 PM
:drool:

OraclesofAgony
06-30-2013, 03:15 PM
I can't stop listening to this song, I love it. Based on this song they described the sound of the album quite well. It is a tasteful mix of Necroticism and Heartwork. I need to hear the rest of this now, hope they set and announce a release date soon.

Crionics
06-30-2013, 07:11 PM
Well, I'm really looking forward to this now :lol:

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
06-30-2013, 08:26 PM
its sounds cool. Im only a fan of the first 2 albums,but ill check this out.

I'm only a fan of the last 2, and Wake up and smell the Carcass.

DethMaiden
07-01-2013, 09:08 AM
I love people saying they only dig the first two or only dig the last two when their best album is clearly the one that fell in between those eras.

kommie
07-01-2013, 09:56 AM
How can anyone like Swansong?

anomynous
07-01-2013, 10:04 AM
Because as a music album, it's not that bad.

But as a Carcass album.........

300%_Density
07-01-2013, 10:36 AM
I love people saying they only dig the first two or only dig the last two when their best album is clearly the one that fell in between those eras.

:agree:

OraclesofAgony
07-01-2013, 11:32 AM

Agreed.

W0unds
07-01-2013, 11:37 AM
This sounds great, I am really looking forward to this full album now.

El Gordo
07-01-2013, 12:20 PM

This man is paying attention.

I love the new song, BTW.

Ommie
07-01-2013, 02:13 PM
I'm usually wary of comebacks... but that was really really good. :) Hopefully the rest of the album is just as good.

kalfitegrdan
07-01-2013, 09:59 PM

I was just thinking that as well.

energymetal14
07-01-2013, 10:26 PM
I like this a lot! Better than I expected, real excited for the album.

OraclesofAgony
07-09-2013, 12:45 PM
Album Teaser: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjvHn1IlK5c

300%_Density
07-10-2013, 12:27 PM
http://www.blabbermouth.net/soulflypremiere/carcasssurgicalcover.jpg

Not mindblowing but I think it fits the album very well.

OraclesofAgony
07-10-2013, 01:28 PM
The release dates have been announced: September 16 (UK), September 13 (Rest of Europe) and September 17 (North America).

300%_Density
07-16-2013, 09:29 AM
Captive Bolt Pistol (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSsrKl6HtAw&feature=player_embedded)

anomynous
07-31-2013, 10:36 PM
Album leaked apparently.

EDIT: Appears to be legit.

OraclesofAgony
07-31-2013, 10:54 PM
Album leaked apparently.

EDIT: Appears to be legit.

I don't see it anywhere.

brutal_descent
07-31-2013, 11:06 PM
RockBox.

anomynous
07-31-2013, 11:07 PM
This shit is so good. Can't wait for the angry FB post from whoever runs their page tomorrow.

OraclesofAgony
08-01-2013, 12:10 AM
It's good, but I have to say I'm disappointed. The style of this album is predominantly Heartwork-esque, but based on what they were saying about it and Captive Bolt Pistol I thought there'd be a better balance between old and new.

The opening track is really awesome, that's probably the biggest nod to their older material aside from a few riffs here and there.

Coma323
08-01-2013, 12:42 PM
9/23 Chicago - Reggies w/ Macabre
9/25 Brooklyn - St Vitus w/ Immolation
9/26 New York - Gramercy w /Immolation
9/28 Los Angeles - The Troubadour w/ Exhumed

infinitydeth
08-01-2013, 01:42 PM

HOLY FUCK, GOING FOR SURE
TICKETS GO ON SALE TOMORROW :rocker:

Steev
08-01-2013, 03:07 PM
Only 4 US shows and 2 are in NY

Fail

Onioner
08-01-2013, 03:08 PM
HOLY FUCK, GOING FOR SURE
TICKETS GO ON SALE TOMORROW :rocker:

Alarm set for 9:55 AM tomorrow. I am fucking there.

OraclesofAgony
08-01-2013, 03:10 PM
Is the capacity for the Troubador really 300-400? I better not miss out on tickets for this.

Onioner
08-01-2013, 03:47 PM
Is the capacity for the Troubador really 300-400? I better not miss out on tickets for this.

Yeah the Troubadour's fucking small. They could easily do the Avalon if they wanted to.

PVH5150
08-01-2013, 04:16 PM
Now I have another reason to hate New York besides the Yankees.

PVH5150
08-01-2013, 04:20 PM
Also, September 21st in Calgary at the MacEwan Ballroom, according to BraveWords.

Onioner
08-01-2013, 04:42 PM
Also, September 21st in Calgary at the MacEwan Ballroom, according to BraveWords.

Isn't that just the Noctis Fest? aka the fest where I resent all who attend because I am not among them?

Sepultura69
08-01-2013, 04:55 PM

Holy shit. Thank god I have the day off tomorrow. Definitely getting my tickets as soon as they go on sale.

PVH5150
08-01-2013, 04:57 PM
Isn't that just the Noctis Fest? aka the fest where I resent all who attend because I am not among them?

Now that you mention it, I think it is.
Damn, I forgot all about that.

Natrlhi
08-02-2013, 12:07 AM
So as I started to listen to this, I immediately recognized that the first track of the album, which is an intro, was played over the PA system as the intro to their set at MDF.

Translation:

My son Mankvill and I heard stuff from the new Carcass album before any of you fuckers.* :rocker:

* - except RAZOR, kalfitegrdan, GarageMetal468, metallicbrian666, Bloodcurse, energymetal14, VoidFlame, daimonos, Coma323, girnny777, Nickweiser and anybody else that went to MDF that I may have forgotten. :)

adamclark52
08-02-2013, 12:29 AM
Only 4 US shows and 2 are in NY

Fail

Who do they think they are; Emperor?

Coma323
08-02-2013, 02:36 AM
So as I started to listen to this, I immediately recognized that the first track of the album, which is an intro, was played over the PA system as the intro to their set at MDF.
I was to busy freezing my ass off to remember an intro...

Sepultura69
08-02-2013, 10:13 AM
I JUST BAUGHT TWO TICKETS TO SEE CARCASS!!!! IT'S GOING DOWN, BABY!!! I plan on selling my second ticket at the show. :D

OraclesofAgony
08-02-2013, 10:15 AM
I JUST BAUGHT TWO TICKETS TO SEE CARCASS!!!! IT'S GOING DOWN, BABY!!! I plan on selling my second ticket at the show. :D

See you there! :fist:

anomynous
08-02-2013, 10:17 AM
lol, four shows and two are in NYC.

I have a feeling Carcass might be direct support on BDM's headliner this fall.

girnny777
08-02-2013, 10:48 AM
Just ordered two tickets for the show at the Gramercy. My friend tried to get us tickets for the Brooklyn show but it sold out in like 5 minutes.

OraclesofAgony
08-02-2013, 10:58 AM
Just ordered two tickets for the show at the Gramercy. My friend tried to get us tickets for the Brooklyn show but it sold out in like 5 minutes.

That's what I was afraid might happen with the LA show but tickets are still available. I guess with what happened with Bolt Thrower here I shouldn't be surprised. These tickets should not last as long as those did though, this venue is tiny.

metallicbrian666
08-02-2013, 11:11 AM
lol, four shows and two are in NYC.

I have a feeling Carcass might be direct support on BDM's headliner this fall.
No chance. Carcass rarely tours nowadays, and if they do, it's not going to be as a support band on a long tour. They have no need (as well as probably no desire) to promote themselves, so they'll basically do whatever they want to. They can easily headline the same size venues as TBDM, if not bigger, so why would they open for them

TiradesOfTruth
08-02-2013, 11:44 AM
Plus the BDM tour will more than likely take place while Carcass is doing their tour in Europe. Nevertheless I hope they do a larger scale tour sometime soon. Right now I'm trying to get a couple buddies to hit up the Chicago show but they aren't sure and by the time they make up their mind the show will be sold out.

Sepultura69
08-02-2013, 11:58 AM
Immolation is opening for the New York dates. :hmm:

Onioner
08-02-2013, 01:29 PM
Immolation is opening for the New York dates. :hmm:

But we get Exhumed. And Exhumed fucks all the couches. What would make the lineup the ultimate goregrind experience would be to add Impaled.

Jochen
08-02-2013, 03:20 PM
Chicago sold out too. Good thing I GOT TWO TICKETS BEFORE IT DID!!

DementedX14
08-02-2013, 05:15 PM
Chicago sold out too. Good thing I GOT TWO TICKETS BEFORE IT DID!!

Lame, I needed to buy them after work. Oh well, it was on a Monday. :hecho:

mankvill
08-02-2013, 06:15 PM
W

Why are people saying Carcass will open up for Black Dahlia

dcmetal108
08-02-2013, 06:15 PM
No chance. Carcass rarely tours nowadays, and if they do, it's not going to be as a support band on a long tour. They have no need (as well as probably no desire) to promote themselves, so they'll basically do whatever they want to. They can easily headline the same size venues as TBDM, if not bigger, so why would they open for them

No, TBDM sell out bigger venues here.

Bengals279
08-02-2013, 06:20 PM
TBDM and Carcass touring together? That would be amazing :drool:

anomynous
08-02-2013, 07:31 PM
Also Carcass is opening for Amon Amarth in Europe, and BDM is definitely bigger than them in the U.S. So it's a possibility, and wluld be an epic show.

Coma323
08-02-2013, 07:32 PM
Got a Gramercy ticket. Vitus would be cool but that place is a bitch to get to using public transit not too mention shows usually get over late there. Carcass + Immolation = :rocker:

El Gordo
08-02-2013, 08:13 PM
Carcass opening for Black Dahlia would be like Overkill opening for Havok. No sir, I don't like it.

anomynous
08-02-2013, 08:45 PM
W

Why are people saying Carcass will open up for Black Dahlia

Because I said I could see it happening.

metallicbrian666
08-03-2013, 06:59 AM
No, TBDM sell out bigger venues here.
Just because TBDM are more relevant doesn't mean that Carcass will be an opener. Bands open tours because they usually need to stay on tour to stay afloat, and want to promote themselves.

Carcass are at a point where they don't need to tour regularly and certainly don't need to open for new bands. Instead of doing a full tour for the new album theyre doing 4 dates and handpicking one support band for each show. Pretty sure they do whatever the fuck they want

mankvill
08-03-2013, 07:20 AM
Carcass is opening for Amon Amarth in Europe because Amon Amarth is fucking huge in Europe and Carcass plays all the time over there.

Coma323
08-03-2013, 07:28 AM
Seeing as the tour poster says "The First Cut is the Cheapest" I take it they will be back on a bigger tour in the future.

adamclark52
08-03-2013, 08:15 AM
Immolation with Carcass is fucking awesome. Anyone who's even close to those shows should go.

moobys37
08-03-2013, 11:53 AM
Carcass will never open for a band over in the states unless it's on the level of an arena tour. You guys will like the support for the BDM tour though.

anomynous
08-03-2013, 12:04 PM
Carcass will never open for a band over in the states unless it's on the level of an arena tour. You guys will like the support for the BDM tour though.

:finger::finger:

metallicbrian666
08-03-2013, 02:08 PM
I'm worried that it's going to be one band I've been dying to see. Don't want to have to deal with BDM's shit fanbase

OraclesofAgony
08-04-2013, 02:50 PM
Looks like the LA show is sold out now.

infinitydeth
08-04-2013, 03:08 PM
Looks like the LA show is sold out now.

I'm surprised it took this long

Onioner
08-04-2013, 03:25 PM
I'm surprised it took this long

I'm not. Fuck Hollywood.

Carcass were foolish to not book Oakland, that show would be insane. Apparently the Oakland date for Bolt Thrower was the only one to get the band to do a second encore. Impaled would have been a perfect opener for Oakland too.

dcmetal108
08-04-2013, 04:47 PM
I'm worried that it's going to be one band I've been dying to see. Don't want to have to deal with BDM's shit fanbase

???????

metallicbrian666
08-04-2013, 06:01 PM
???????
The majority of TBDM's fanbase seems to be the average metalcore/Summer Slaughter cool kid group. Seen them 3 times now and they bring out a crowd I have no interest in being a part of.

Anyways, the new Carcass album is good.

dcmetal108
08-04-2013, 08:05 PM
The majority of TBDM's fanbase seems to be the average metalcore/Summer Slaughter cool kid group. Seen them 3 times now and they bring out a crowd I have no interest in being a part of.

Anyways, the new Carcass album is good.

Never had a problem with TBDM's crowd.

elturtleboy
08-06-2013, 09:07 PM
Since LA sold out,they added a 2nd show the day after. Same place and with Exhumed still. Me and Christopher will be there with serious mad faces and arms folded until Reek/Symphonies stuff are played.:hmm:

Someguy89
08-12-2013, 02:26 PM
Captive Bolt Pistol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3fRKGD2GW0

elturtleboy
08-12-2013, 03:43 PM
https://sphotos-b-lax.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/996591_305064442971549_785460873_n.jpg
All dates are sold out. Me and Christopher will be at the last date. :rocker:

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
09-19-2013, 03:33 PM
Opinions on the new album? I just picked it up from Amazon for 7 bucks.

justinm4bama
09-19-2013, 03:44 PM
https://sphotos-b-lax.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/996591_305064442971549_785460873_n.jpg
All dates are sold out. Me and Christopher will be at the last date. :rocker:

Damn good for them! Now hopefully they will come back again to do a FULL US tour :allan:

GarageMetal468
09-19-2013, 04:00 PM
Damn good for them! Now hopefully they will come back again to do a FULL US tour :allan:

Word is that they are in the winter. I also heard the same thing about Bolt Thrower too...

Coma323
09-19-2013, 04:01 PM
Opinions on the new album? I just picked it up from Amazon for 7 bucks.
On my second listen right now and I'm really liking it. Nothing new for them but a solid album nonetheless. Can't wait to see them live next week.

MPF
09-19-2013, 05:30 PM
Word is that they are in the winter. I also heard the same thing about Bolt Thrower too...

If only that could be the same tour...

adamclark52
09-19-2013, 09:07 PM
I like it. It has more in common with Swansong then people are thinking. I do hear a lot of that albums style in the new one, only done better. To me it's the logical "return to form follow-up to Swansong" type of album. Only it took fifteen years to come out rather than two or three. Like if this came out in 1998 people would be saying that Carcass is back on track after a misstep with Swansong.

But I wasn't BLOWN AWAY. It's not the type of "they're back, after eighteen years away" album. It sounds to me like an album by a band that's been consistantly releasing albums for twenty years.

mankvill
09-19-2013, 10:05 PM
I am really digging the new album.

elturtleboy
09-27-2013, 09:41 PM
Repulsion jumped into both LA dates:rocker:

LogicBomb
09-28-2013, 12:55 AM
Supposedly they will be doing an early spring tour with Gorguts/Black Dahlia. Worth it for me for Gorguts alone.

Steev
09-28-2013, 07:22 AM
Supposedly they will be doing an early spring tour with Gorguts/Black Dahlia. Worth it for me for Gorguts alone.

Sexy

GarageMetal468
09-28-2013, 08:34 AM

WHAT THE FUCK

Coma323
09-28-2013, 11:40 AM
Repulsion - Hey folks...Repulsion is not playing with Carcass this weekend in Los Angeles...just FYI We were never booked for that show so if you see that posted somewhere it's erroneous.

mankvill
09-28-2013, 11:41 AM
WHAT THE FUCK

https://www.facebook.com/#!/Repulsion/posts/10151666414121545

Hey folks...Repulsion is not playing with Carcass this weekend in Los Angeles...just FYI We were never booked for that show so if you see that posted somewhere it's erroneous.

christopher
09-28-2013, 02:41 PM
FUCK!!!!

elturtleboy
09-28-2013, 03:08 PM
http://i.imgur.com/aaIBubS.jpg

christopher
09-29-2013, 12:34 AM
http://i.imgur.com/aaIBubS.jpg

we just saw them 5 minutes ago, so no biggie.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
10-01-2013, 08:33 PM
Unreleased track: Zochrot

https://soundcloud.com/decibelmagazine/carcass-zochrot-db034

detuned
11-19-2013, 07:03 AM
if you needed further proof

Bill Steer: Carcass to Tour the U.S. with The Black Dahlia Murder in 2014 (http://www.metalsucks.net/2013/11/19/bill-steer-carcass-tour-u-s-black-dahlia-murder-2014/)

dcmetal108
11-19-2013, 08:03 AM
if you needed further proof

Bill Steer: Carcass to Tour the U.S. with The Black Dahlia Murder in 2014 (http://www.metalsucks.net/2013/11/19/bill-steer-carcass-tour-u-s-black-dahlia-murder-2014/)

I expect this tour to play venues around House Of Blues level (1500+). Carcass is a big draw and TBDM sells out venues here of 700+. Plus I don't remember who the other rumored opener is but they'd draw too I assume.

kalfitegrdan
11-19-2013, 08:07 AM
I expect this tour to play venues around House Of Blues level (1500+). Carcass is a big draw and TBDM sells out venues here of 700+. Plus I don't remember who the other rumored opener is but they'd draw too I assume.

Gorguts was. At least that's what Jeff said at the Reggie's show.

Nickweiser
11-19-2013, 01:06 PM
Noisem opening this tour is a major plus and if somehow you haven't been convinced to go while now your reason is even greater!

AnataFan4Life
11-19-2013, 01:40 PM
Carcass
The Black Dahlia Murder
Gorguts
Noisem

If that doesn't give you a metal boner, there's no hope for you.

Bengals279
11-19-2013, 06:32 PM
Carcass
The Black Dahlia Murder
Gorguts
Noisem

If that doesn't give you a metal boner, there's no hope for you.

THIS. I really hope kc/Lawrence gets this on a Saturday or Sunday

anomynous
11-19-2013, 08:08 PM
I'll probably drive to KC for this, because there's no way St. Louis will get this

Bengals279
11-19-2013, 08:56 PM
I'll probably drive to KC for this, because there's no way St. Louis will get this

I'm pretty sure kc is getting it. As long as it is either on a weekend or in march I'll be happy

Ommie
11-19-2013, 10:18 PM
I have a feeling this will be an extensive tour that hits a lot of big cities. Hoping it comes here!

Steev
11-26-2013, 08:19 AM
It's almost confirmed that this will be the Decibel Tour for 2014

detuned
11-26-2013, 01:52 PM
https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/1002003_10152393656829167_1162842666_n.jpg

mankvill
11-26-2013, 06:41 PM
https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/1002003_10152393656829167_1162842666_n.jpg

We are 50/50 on the Decibel Magazine Tour, so let's make it 2/3 plz

anomynous
07-03-2014, 05:43 PM
Going to post this here

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=463892947088697&set=a.207878759356785.62077.194750760669585&type=1&theater

"Spoiler alert! Possible US Tour with our Redneck chums! "

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t1.0-9/10484789_463892947088697_3947386988448167292_n.jpg

Steev
07-03-2014, 05:44 PM
Going to post this here

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=463892947088697&set=a.207878759356785.62077.194750760669585&type=1&theater

"Spoiler alert! Possible US Tour with our Redneck chums! "

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t1.0-9/10484789_463892947088697_3947386988448167292_n.jpg

I was just gonna make a new thread, it's a new tour after all

mankvill
07-03-2014, 07:49 PM
Yes, when things get announced, make a new thread. I sure as hell don't want to dig through this thread for news like that.

anomynous
07-03-2014, 08:27 PM
But it wasn't announced yet? Yes, coming from the guy who made the Cryptopsy & Origin threads.

Time for real thread then