11-26-2012, 03:20 AM
Ghost will return to the UK in March of 2013 for six concerts:

March 18 : SHEFFIELD – O2 Academy
March 19 : GLASGOW – O2 Academy
March 20 : BRISTOL – O2 Academy
March 22 : BOURNEMOUTH – O2 Academy
March 23 : BIRMINGHAM – O2 Academy
March 24 : LONDON – Brixton Academy

Its sponsored by Jagermeister and it looks like Gojira will coheadline. Too bad this isn't in the US.

ravenheart
11-26-2012, 03:58 AM
Yeah, already talking about this in the Upcoming Shows thread. Gojira are special guests, not co-headline - which is frankly crazy.

The key piece of information is that tickets are 5, hence the venues that would ordinarily be far too big for this bill.

Support is The Defiled.

http://www.jukeboxmetal.com/wp-content/uploads/jagermeistermusictour2013poster.jpg

AnthG
11-26-2012, 05:38 AM
Too bad this isn't in the US.

Why? Ghost sucks. Plus this tour has Gojira as support. We're getting a headlining tour with Devy. Far better.

WOLVERINEKILLS
11-26-2012, 10:34 AM
Why? Ghost sucks. Plus this tour has Gojira as support. We're getting a headlining tour with Devy. Far better.

Thats all a matter of opinion...

Nickweiser
11-26-2012, 10:51 AM

^^^

IrritatedTrout
11-26-2012, 12:01 PM
Awesome lineup.

ravenheart
11-26-2012, 03:39 PM
Getting my ticket Friday.

Will be leaving after Gojira on the night.

treghet
11-26-2012, 03:43 PM
Is Ghost really that popular now? :hecho:

ravenheart
11-26-2012, 03:49 PM
Is Ghost really that popular now? :hecho:

I'm pretty sure not. Gojira are though. If they were the other way around this tour would make sense.

WOLVERINEKILLS
11-26-2012, 04:15 PM
I'm pretty sure not. Gojira are though. If they were the other way around this tour would make sense.

I have noticed in the past few months on my facebook page that I get asked about Ghost as much if not more than most other bands not named Avenged Sevenfold, Alice In Chains and System of a Down. I really think the tour with Opeth/Mastodon really boosted their popularity, along with Hetfield and Anselmo sporting Ghost shirts in every other interview/live performance.

ravenheart
11-26-2012, 04:21 PM
I have noticed in the past few months on my facebook page that I get asked about Ghost as much if not more than most other bands not named Avenged Sevenfold, Alice In Chains and System of a Down. I really think the tour with Opeth/Mastodon really boosted their popularity, along with Hetfield and Anselmo sporting Ghost shirts in every other interview/live performance.

Don't think it's got to that level in Europe.

WOLVERINEKILLS
11-26-2012, 05:39 PM
Don't think it's got to that level in Europe.

I wouldn't know about that BUT having Jagermeister as your tour sponsor means they have faith you can sell some tickets. Its very rare that you see a band at the level Ghost is at have a major sponsor like that.

Natrlhi
11-27-2012, 08:17 AM
Forget the question about who headlines, what the fuck are these two bands even doing on the same tour?!?

ravenheart
11-27-2012, 09:40 AM
Forget the question about who headlines, what the fuck are these two bands even doing on the same tour?!?

Easy. The Jagermeister tour is ALL about picking whichever smaller bands are currently selling well on the live circuit with the readers of Kerrang and Metal Hammer, regardless of whether they fit together or not.

Because the ticket price is only 5 they know they'll get fans of each band turn up just for their band (as I will be doing for Gojira), so the coherence of the bill doesn't matter.

AnthG
11-27-2012, 11:26 AM

That being a matter of opinion is also a matter of opinion...

anomynous
11-27-2012, 11:36 AM
Opinionception