PDA

View Full Version : Dillinger Escape Plan sign with Sumerian

Steev
11-21-2012, 06:48 PM
So there's that

W0unds
11-21-2012, 07:46 PM
Wow did not see that one coming. If they tour with some of the current Sumerian roster it will probably be good exposure for them.

XDoomsayerX
11-21-2012, 08:06 PM
Wow did not see that one coming. If they tour with some of the current Sumerian roster it will probably be good exposure for them.

The band that toured with Mastodon? Yeah Sumerian bands would easily open for TDEP.

W0unds
11-21-2012, 08:17 PM
The band that toured with Mastodon? Yeah Sumerian bands would easily open for TDEP.

Agreed but they are a much different band than the rest of the labels current roster. It will be interesting to see how they handle promotion and touring but I would not be surprised to see them go out with a band like Stray From the Path or Structures, maybe even Periphery as support.

mankvill
11-21-2012, 08:21 PM
This doesn't warrant its own thread or anything, but Dillinger Escape Plan's label is now on Sumerian Records.

you son of a bitch!

BloodoftheKings
11-21-2012, 08:41 PM

Asking Alexandria is the only band on Sumerian that's bigger than Dillinger. Periphery and The Faceless are arguable but even if they are it's not by much.

Ommie
11-21-2012, 08:42 PM
So maybe they WILL end up on Summer Slaughter then...

Dextrimental
11-22-2012, 07:28 AM
Periphery supported Dillinger in Australia before. I think it's good for both sides. Sumerian know how to promote and get tours for their bands, and Dillinger should help the label be more accepted by the metal community.

AnataFan4Life
11-22-2012, 07:44 AM
Very good chance that they will be one of the headliners for Summer Slaughter next year.

mastodon421
11-22-2012, 08:14 AM
Very good chance that they will be one of the headliners for Summer Slaughter next year.

Yep which I'm completely fine with. I was really surprised by this signing, Sumerian will probably do a good job pimping their shit though. Good move by both sides.

AnataFan4Life
11-22-2012, 08:15 AM
Yep which I'm completely fine with. I was really surprised by this signing, Sumerian will probably do a good job pimping their shit though. Good move by both sides.

I'm willing to bet at this point it will be them and Children of Bodom.

W0unds
11-22-2012, 08:39 AM
I'm willing to bet at this point it will be them and Children of Bodom.

Is Summer Slaughter big enough to justify cancelling European festival dates though? I thought this alone suggested they were leaning more towards Mayhem.

I would prefer to see DEP co-headline with someone like Behemoth or The Black Dahlia Murder (although it might be too soon for them to repeat).

AnataFan4Life
11-22-2012, 08:44 AM
Is Summer Slaughter big enough to justify cancelling European festival dates though? I thought this alone suggested they were leaning more towards Mayhem.

I would prefer to see DEP co-headline with someone like Behemoth or The Black Dahlia Murder (although it might be too soon for them to repeat).

Same here. I'd love to see Behemoth headline.

dcmetal108
11-22-2012, 03:57 PM
Just do a small tour with TBDM, DEP, The Chariot, and ETID and name it something like "The Crazy As Fuck Tour".

XDoomsayerX
11-22-2012, 06:44 PM
Just do a small tour with TBDM, DEP, The Chariot, and ETID and name it something like "The Crazy As Fuck Tour".

TBDM is not even on pair with the other bands in terms of carnage. When TBDM stage dives onto the crowd with equipment/intsruments let me know. No hate against TBDM I love em just saying not similar really. Also The Chariot and ETID are touring with letlive. whose just as good and apeshit crazy live but not coming together here in Cali :bawling:

http://metalinjection.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/ETID-Chariot-Letlive-2012-tour.jpg

Ommie
11-22-2012, 06:49 PM
As much as I love TBDM, they don't really fit, so replace them with a band like Converge and you're set.

dcmetal108
11-22-2012, 06:55 PM
See BDM in a small club. When I saw them earlier this year there was almost non stop stagedivers along with Trevor doing it all the time and jumping into the crowd. They'd be the oddball on the tour but it'd still be awesome.

kalfitegrdan
11-22-2012, 11:24 PM
See BDM in a small club. When I saw them earlier this year there was almost non stop stagedivers along with Trevor doing it all the time and jumping into the crowd. They'd be the oddball on the tour but it'd still be awesome.

Small club? Try small coffee house. They've played the coffee house in my town twice and those shows were fucking insane.