PDA

View Full Version : S.O.D. to tour in early 2013 under 'United Forces'

brutal_descent
11-21-2012, 02:54 PM
This is unconfirmed, so please do not take this as a guarantee.

I'm part of a group on Facebook for members of the Bay Area metal community. About ten minutes ago, an organizer (same one that organized the Autopsy/Ghoul show I went to on my birthday this past summer) posted that S.O.D. are coming to the Bay in February, but under the name of 'United Forces'. Milano seems to be part of this.

Apologies in advance if this turns out to be bullshit. I don't think it is, but hey, I'm just a silly Russian.

Edit: The line-up will be as follows:

Billy Milano (S.O.D. / M.O.D.)
Dan Lilker (S.O.D., Nuclear Assault, Brutal Truth, Anthrax, etc)
Nick Barker (Dimmu Borgir, Testament, Lock-Up, etc)
Anton Reisenneger (Lock-Up, Pentagram chile)

February 27th in Modesto, CA and February 28th in Oakland, CA.

RampinUp46
11-21-2012, 03:00 PM
If this is true, then HOLY FUCK DO WANT. :drool:

BloodoftheKings
11-21-2012, 03:03 PM
That sounds like something they would do for a secret one off. Why would they do a whole tour under a different name?

brutal_descent
11-21-2012, 03:05 PM
That sounds like something they would do for a secret one off. Why would they do a whole tour under a different name?

I didn't want to pass it off as a one-off. Take it for what you will.

anomynous
11-21-2012, 03:47 PM
Wasn't Milano all butt hurt over Scott & Charlie?

MPF
11-21-2012, 03:48 PM
Maybe Milano wants to carry on with S.O.D without Scott and Charlie and is doing the same thing that Kyuss Lives! did?

Nater
11-21-2012, 04:12 PM
I would be a happy little man if this happens.

ImmortalEmperor
11-21-2012, 07:45 PM
Hope this is true. Saw S.O.D. live years ago and had a great time. Would love to see them again.

elturtleboy
11-21-2012, 08:51 PM
This would be great. Something tells me it'll just be Billy/Lilker... but I'm ok with that.

brutal_descent
11-22-2012, 02:34 AM
Line-up:

Onioner
11-22-2012, 03:08 AM
Hmm, this might have made for a fun trip home but it's on a Thursday so it's probably a no-go. Good call on Billy and Danny's part for not calling it S.O.D. though, it ain't that band without Charlie beating the beat he beats. I couldn't give a damn about Scott Ian though.

300%_Density
11-22-2012, 07:52 AM
So basically it'll probably be M.O.D. with Danny Liker playing S.O.D. songs? Yea I'd still be pretty ok with that.

brutal_descent
11-22-2012, 01:04 PM
It seems the only reason they don't use the S.O.D. name is because Scott Ian owns the rights to it.

BloodoftheKings
11-22-2012, 03:34 PM
Line-up:

I would see this.

RampinUp46
11-22-2012, 05:20 PM
I would see this.

As would I. Holy fucking shit, if this comes by me, I'll see it. I don't care if I have to fucking walk, I will BE THERE. :rocker:

metallicbrian666
11-23-2012, 10:23 AM
I imagine they started talking when Lilker filled in on the Lock Up tour this year. Dope

John The Drummer
11-23-2012, 01:32 PM
My friend just asked me if I knew what Nick Barker was up to these days :lol:
United Forces is a bit of a lulzy name though, I imagine a lot of bro's going there and being confused.

jd091
11-25-2012, 02:36 PM
woah woah woah wait really? This is so awesome

rjturtle9
11-30-2012, 08:47 AM
Feb. 26th @ The Key Club in Hollywood, CA.

I'm there!

elturtleboy
11-30-2012, 09:07 AM

I'm there!

:party:

Onioner
11-30-2012, 10:15 AM

I'm there!

YEAH BUDDY! Key Club is the perfect place on the strip for SOD, having no barrier will great.

Onioner
12-24-2012, 11:44 AM
Just got this email from this new lineup's PR company. Should be on blabbermouth soon.

Subsequent to the demise of reunited NYC hardcore/speed metal legends Stormtroopers Of Death, two of the four members of the brutal faction have set out to forge a new path of punishment in 2013.

UNITED FORCES unites S.O.D.’s bassist Danny Lilker (Brutal Truth, Nuclear Assault, Nunfuckritual, Lock-Up,ex-Anthrax) and notorious frontman Billy Milano (Method Of Destruction), the longtime cohorts taking their mayhem to new turf. Milano and Lilker recruited two additional henchmen to help carry out their forthcoming disorder, with the thunderous Nick Barker (Lock-Up, Ancient, ex-Cradle of Filth, ex-Dimmu Borgir) on percussive duties, and Anton Reisenegger (Criminal, Pentagram Chile, Extreme Noise Terror, Lock Up) handling guitars. With Lilker located in upstate New York, Milano in central Texas, Barker in England and Reisenegger in Spain, details on the outfit’s plans concerning touring or recording remain unknown, but UNITED FORCES is, without question, a pending force with which to be dealt.

Notes vocalist Billy Milano on the eclectic union of metal soldiers: “I’m not out to reinvent myself at my age. I just want to have a lot of fun with this. We called it UNITED FORCES because we’re located all over the place, in different countries, but this is something we’re going to come together for.” Added four-string assaulter Danny Lilker: "It's gonna be really fun to get together with some good friends -- who are also great musicians -- and play some earsplitting, hardcore-tinged thrash metal! And obviously, we know how to do just that."

At this year’s installment of the Fun Fun Fun fest in Austin, Texas, modern thrash heavyweights Municipal Waste were joined by Lilker and Milano onstage to help unleash the S.O.D. staple “United Forces.” Check out the carnage HERE.

Future UNITED FORCES plans will be revealed in the coming weeks. Stay tuned.

MPF
12-24-2012, 12:36 PM
I got this email too. I hope this comes around my neck of the woods. it will be the closest thing I'd get to seeing S.O.D. live.

elturtleboy
12-24-2012, 01:11 PM
If those 2 dudes are coming that far then they should might as well do a United Forces /Lock Up Tour. Plz.

christopher
12-24-2012, 05:27 PM
If those 2 dudes are coming that far then they should might as well do a United Forces /Lock Up Tour. Plz.

That would be so amazing!!

InFlamesOfBirchmen
12-24-2012, 06:32 PM
Hey guys, as someone completely unfamiliar with S.O.D. (aside from knowing half of Anthrax was in it), can anyone explain Billy Milano to me? He seems to be a bit of a controversial figure, but I can't seem to get much info about why.

RampinUp46
12-24-2012, 06:44 PM
Hey guys, as someone completely unfamiliar with S.O.D. (aside from knowing half of Anthrax was in it), can anyone explain Billy Milano to me? He seems to be a bit of a controversial figure, but I can't seem to get much info about why.

If I recall correctly, a good chunk of it comes from the satirical lyrics from the band (see the lyrics to Speak English or Die, Kill Yourself, and Fuck the Middle East for examples) that some people took at face value.

I could be wrong, but that's my first guess.

EDIT: If you feel like it, go ahead and check out the full album (there's some space between songs, sorry):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcFq2Iz8QBQ

LogicBomb
12-25-2012, 12:00 AM
That's part of it, the main part is that later on Milano started buying into his own shtick and he became the xenophobic, right-wing jingoistic nutjob that he was parodying.

Still, I would totally go see United Forces and do the milano mosh.