PDA

View Full Version : 2013....

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

hellawaits77ny
08-25-2013, 09:43 AM
It's Sunday and no fucks are given, the new Waking The Cadaver kills. 2nd song they've released from their upcoming album, and both have been solid. Any BDM fan should check them out. Fucking eons better than the first album that everyone knows.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JC4OMZNWeVA

TehBr00tulz
08-25-2013, 03:38 PM
The 2 tracks released off of the new Ulcerate album, Vermis, are amazing. I have very high hopes for their new album!

Onioner
08-26-2013, 02:25 AM
Everyone here who loves stoner rock/old school heavy rock needs to check out Crag Dweller from Portland, OR right the fuck now. Earlier tonight they gave one of the sickest sets I've seen all year in some guy's living room in Concord, CA.

Nater
08-29-2013, 06:54 PM
I FUCKING LOVE WINTER KILLS HOLY FUCK GUYS

300%_Density
08-30-2013, 08:08 PM
Little early in (4 tracks) but now I'm wishing that Ministry ended with Relapse. Opener is only song I like so far. It's not even a typical Ministry opener which is usually a great song. It's a little more slow, little more groove.

I worried when Al said it was gonna be a little slower. I was hoping it wouldn't be another Filth Pig album. Even though the songs aren't great, I like that they used more samples than they had in awhile. Probably good there's no tour for this album.

Edit:
Not any better but I do like the throwback of there being a TV 4 on here.

Edit of Edit:
Worst album since Animositisomina. Only 2 decent songs on that album, only 3 I like on this album. Going out during Relapse would have at least been going out on a high note. This is not a high note. I still love Ministry, after being surprised at how good Relapse was I had high expectations.

I would still suggest:

Hail To His Majesty (Peasents)
Side F/X Includes Mikey's Middle Finger (TV4) - Only if you liked the other TV tracks
Thanx But No Thanx

TheWildAndTheYoung
09-02-2013, 08:54 AM
Just listened to Reckless Love's new album Spirit, so it's time to change up the list as I was expecting:

1.Screaming For Adrenaline - Santa Cruz
2.The Savage Playground - Crashdiet
3.Construct - Dark Tranquillity
4.The Mystery Of Time - Avantasia
5.Spirit - Reckless Love
6.Nemesis - Stratovarius
7.Wretched And Divine: The Story Of The Wild Ones - Black Veil Brides
8.Street Level - De La Cruz
9.Hail To The King - Avenged Sevenfold
10.Halo Of Blood - Children Of Bodom
11.Bringer Of Light - Damnation Angels
12.Devil's Cut - White Wizzard
13.Deciever Of The Gods - Amon Amarth
14.Straight Out Of Hell - Helloween
15.C'mon Take On Me - Hardcore Superstar

Dextrimental
09-02-2013, 10:11 AM
It's Sunday and no fucks are given, the new Waking The Cadaver kills. 2nd song they've released from their upcoming album, and both have been solid. Any BDM fan should check them out. Fucking eons better than the first album that everyone knows.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JC4OMZNWeVA

Shit I enjoyed that. Miles better than the first album, lot less 'deathcore' and more just straight death metal. Not huge on the vocals, but the riffs and actual song-writing is super solid.

Ommie
09-02-2013, 09:06 PM
Some people were talking about it a few pages back, but the new Misery Signals is IMMENSE. The middle was kind of weak, but it started and ended wonderfully.

Also looking forward to listening to the new Ulcerate.

elturtleboy
09-02-2013, 10:58 PM
New HOAX rules

adamclark52
09-02-2013, 11:53 PM
Little early in (4 tracks) but now I'm wishing that Ministry ended with Relapse. Opener is only song I like so far. It's not even a typical Ministry opener which is usually a great song. It's a little more slow, little more groove.

I worried when Al said it was gonna be a little slower. I was hoping it wouldn't be another Filth Pig album. Even though the songs aren't great, I like that they used more samples than they had in awhile. Probably good there's no tour for this album.

Edit:

Edit of Edit:
Worst album since Animositisomina. Only 2 decent songs on that album, only 3 I like on this album. Going out during Relapse would have at least been going out on a high note. This is not a high note. I still love Ministry, after being surprised at how good Relapse was I had high expectations.

I would still suggest:

Side F/X Includes Mikey's Middle Finger (TV4) - Only if you liked the other TV tracks
Thanx But No Thanx

That's a really glaring review. I think they should've ended after the Last Sucker myself.

W0unds
09-03-2013, 11:53 AM
Have been doing some catching up on albums.

New Misery Signals is great, everything I had hoped it would be. In my mind this or Killswitch Engage's Disarm the Descent are likely to be the metalcore album of the year.

Nine Inch Nails - Hesitation Marks has some great tracks but a number feel overly long (bordering on plodding) in my opinion. Looking at you “Various Methods of Escape”, “I Would For You”, and “In Two”. Overall a step up from the last few albums and it is cool to hear more evolution in the NIN sound.

BloodoftheKings
09-03-2013, 06:47 PM
Digging Twitching Tongues new album. Hardcore with Type O Negative influence. The 3rd track World War V is a nod to Carnivore.

https://soundcloud.com/earsplit/sets/twitching-tongues-in-love

kalfitegrdan
09-03-2013, 11:25 PM
Digging Twitching Tongues new album. Hardcore with Type O Negative influence. The 3rd track World War V is a nod to Carnivore.

https://soundcloud.com/earsplit/sets/twitching-tongues-in-love

They actually covered Type O Negative too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WY_br5LVjo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

anomynous
09-04-2013, 01:56 PM
Death Ray Vision - We Ain't Leavin' Until You're Bleedin' - 5/5 Brian Fair Dreads

XDoomsayerX
09-04-2013, 07:24 PM
New Touche Amore song, Harbor, is fucking beautiful.

Nater
09-08-2013, 04:20 PM
I love the new Pathology album. It's fucking great Matti sounds awesome and it's brutal as shit.

metallicbrian666
09-09-2013, 02:18 PM
What the fuck did Pathology do to Code Injection? :confused: Not digging the new version at all......

Also really dislike the production. Drums are really sterile, guitar tone is fizzy, and vocals are way too loud. Matti is one of my favorite vocalists but he should not be that upfront in the mix.

Meh. The Anomalies Of Artificial Origin was way better

Nater
09-09-2013, 02:39 PM
What the fuck did Pathology do to Code Injection? :confused: Not digging the new version at all......

Also really dislike the production. Drums are really sterile, guitar tone is fizzy, and vocals are way too loud. Matti is one of my favorite vocalists but he should not be that upfront in the mix.

Meh. The Anomalies Of Artificial Origin was way better

I totally agree on the last one but I thought the drums sounded fine. I did feel like the Guitars were either to in the front of to in the back. It wasn't steady. Also I didn't see a reason to redo Code Inection

metallicbrian666
09-09-2013, 03:08 PM
I totally agree on the last one but I thought the drums sounded fine. I did feel like the Guitars were either to in the front of to in the back. It wasn't steady. Also I didn't see a reason to redo Code Inection
I don't mind triggered drums or drum machines, but it just sounds really dull. Like every drum was the exact same volume. I was able to tolerate it for most of the album but it was awful on Code Injection. They completely sucked the life out of it.

I have to say that while I've basically moved on from Pathology in favor of other brutal death/slam, I had high hopes for this one with the return of the older lineup and found it pretty underwhelming.

Natrlhi
09-10-2013, 04:20 PM
Really digging the new Watain a bunch today.

Ommie
09-10-2013, 07:03 PM
New Hail of Bullets song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KiGFsj_RP8

:horns:

HandOfDoom
09-12-2013, 11:38 AM
1. Clutch - Earth Rocker
2. Kylesa- Ultra-Violet
3. Queens of the Stone Age -... Like Clockwork
4. Amorphis - Circle
5. Black Sabbath - 13
6. The Ocean - Pelagial
7. Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats - Mind Control
8. Tesseract - Altered State
9. Alice in Chains- The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here
10. Blood Ceremony - The Eldritch Dark

Only change was swapping out Autopsy for The Ocean, new Autopsy was great but Pelagial is incredible.

Rocco44
09-14-2013, 02:34 PM
Subrosa and Pelican leaked. Also new Cloudkicker is up on the bandcamps.

http://cloudkicker.bandcamp.com/

hellawaits77ny
09-15-2013, 08:09 AM
Am about halfway through the new Pathology, and I'm digging it. Matti is doing more than the "ooh skoo skoo skoo reeet" he did on the Abominable Putridity album.

Slam band from Columbia (shocking), Begotten:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbZqcVhgeJk&feature=c4-overview&list=UUytZlNtWxhdF5gfhDmb5oLg

Take out the pig squeals, and this is a great album. Fucking SLAMS.

slapguitarer
09-15-2013, 01:54 PM
Top 25 as of now.

1. Deafhheaven - Sunbather
2. Light Bearer – Sliver Tongue
3. Children of God – We Set Fire To The Sky
4. My Bloody Valentine – m b v
5. Fen – Dustwalker
6. Nails – Abandon All Life
7. Usnea – Usnea
8. Gorguts – Colored Sands
9. This Town Needs Guns – 13.0.0.0.0
10. Intronaut – Habitual Levitations
11. Vhol – Vhol
12. Lycus – Tempest
13. The World Is A Beautiful Place & I Am No Longer Afraid to Die – Whenever, If Ever
14. Lord Dying – Summon the Faithless
15. Kylesa – Ultraviolet
16. Dead In The Dirt – The Blind Hole
17. Anciients – Heart of Oak
18. Run The Jewels – Run The Jewels
19. Bosnian Rainbows – Bosnian Rainbows
20. Purson – The Circle and the Blue Bear
21. Boris – Präparat
22. Chance The Rapper – Acid Rap
23. Earl Sweatshirt - Doris
24. The Ocean – Pelagial
25. Leucosis – Leucosis

MPF
09-16-2013, 10:28 AM
Top 20:

20.) For The Imperium- Hail The Monsters
19.) Orphaned Land- All Is One
18.) Scale the Summit- The Migration
17.) Revocation- Revocation
16.) James LaBrie- mpermanent Resonance
15.) Killswitch Engage- Disarm The Descent
14.) Last Chance To Reason- Level 3
13.) Long Distance Calling- The Flood Inside
12.) Shining- One One One
11.) Soilwork- The Living Infinite
10.) Agrypnie- Aetas Cineris
9.) The Ocean- Pelagial
8.) Leprous- Coal
7.) Carcass- Surgical Steel
6.) Deafheaven- Sunbather
5.) In Vain- Ænigma
4.) Clutch- Earth Rocker
3.) Steven Wilson- The Raven That Refused To Sing (and other stories)
2.) Dream Theater- Dream Theater
1.) Witherscape- The Inheritance

MPF
09-16-2013, 12:07 PM
To anyone interested in some Minnesota Death metal. My friends in We Are Legion just released their brand new album on youtube.

This was mastered by J.F. of Kataklysm if that spark's your interest at all. THis is some awesome stuff:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3Lr8Z6Vrn0&feature=youtu.be

TheWildAndTheYoung
09-16-2013, 01:24 PM
Top 20:

1.Spirit - Reckless Love
2.Screaming For Adrenaline - Santa Cruz
3.The Savage Playground - Crashdiet
4.Construct - Dark Tranquillity
5.The Mystery Of Time - Avantasia
6.Nemesis - Stratovarius
8.Street Level - De La Cruz
9.Hail To The King - Avenged Sevenfold
13.Deciever Of The Gods - Amon Amarth
14.All Around The World - Bai Bang
16.Touch Of Sin 2 - Sinner
17.Rise Up - W.E.T.
18.Straight Out Of Hell - Helloween
19.The Way Life Goes - Tom Keifer
20.Dreamworld - Rage Of Angels

mastodon421
09-16-2013, 02:30 PM
Top 10 as of right now:
1.Revocation-Revocation
2.Killswitch Engage-Disarm the Descent
3.The Dillinger Escape Plan-One of Us is the Killer
4.Battlecross-War of Will
5.Hope for the Dying-Aletheia
6.The Ocean-Pelagial
7.The Black Dahlia Murder-Everblack
8.August Burns Red-Rescue & Restore
9.Run the Jewels-Run the Jewels
10.Hatebreed-The Divinity of Purpose

ShatteredFlame
09-17-2013, 07:24 AM
Touche Amore - Is Survived By stream (http://pitchfork.com/advance/224-is-survived-by/)

BloodoftheKings
09-17-2013, 01:58 PM
The new GWAR is not very good. I was hoping the new guitarist and bass player would breath new life into the band but it's just another album in the same style as the ones with Smoot, minus everything good that Smoot brought to the table. There's a few good tracks, a bunch of mediocre ones, and a couple that are flat out embarrassing.

Damn there's a lot of new music today. I'm gonna listen to the new Touche and maybe the new Subrosa tonight.

300%_Density
09-17-2013, 03:40 PM
That's a really glaring review. I think they should've ended after the Last Sucker myself.

I can completely understand why many would probably feel that way. I didn't like Relapse alot when it first came out. After awhile it really grew on me and I really loved it, although I wouldn't go say I like it more than Last Sucker.

hb420
09-17-2013, 05:12 PM
What my top 25 will roughly look like come December.

1. SubRosa - More Constant Than The Gods
2. VHOL - VHOL
3. Savages - Silence Yourself
4. Eight Bells - The Captain's Daughter
5. Gorguts - Colored Sands
6. Pinkish Black - Razed To The Ground
7. Uncle Acid - Mind Control
8. Nine Inch Nails - Hesitation Marks
9. Deafheaven - Sunbather
10. Inter Arma - Sky Burial
11. Lycus - Tempest
12.Windhand - Soma
13. Kylesa - Ultraviolet
14. Grave Miasma - Odori Sepulcrorum
15. The National - Trouble Will Find Me
16. Red Fang - Whales and Leeches
17. Altar of Plagues - Teethed Glory & Injury
18. Ephemeros - All Hail Corrosion
19. Carcass - Surgical Steel
20. Locrian - Return To Annihilation
21. Portal- Vexovoid
22. Monster Magnet - Last Patrol
23. Vattnet Viskar - Sky Swallower
24. Convulse - Evil Prevails
25. Queens of the Stone Age - ...Like Clockwork

Spiner202
09-17-2013, 05:15 PM
24. Convulse - Evil Prevails
Did you like this that much? I've had a couple of listens to it, and it's decent, but it definitely won't come near by top 25.

slapguitarer
09-17-2013, 05:19 PM
Just ordered a CD of SubRosa - More Constant Than The Gods. Really looking forward to hearing it.

jhdeity
09-17-2013, 10:04 PM

Edit:

Edit of Edit:

I would still suggest:

Thanx But No Thanx

Surprisingly I like the new Ministry more than the last one. I like the 3 songs you listed. Punch in the Face reminds me of Dark Spoon and PermaWar sounds like it could be on Filth Pig. Fairly Unbalanced has an old school feel to it and for some reason I found myself singing along to Change of Luck.

Maybe my expectations were low but I really enjoyed this cd except for 2-3 songs. I'm only 3 listens in but some of these songs I'd really like to hear live someday...

adamclark52
09-18-2013, 12:36 AM
New Carcass is good. Not AMAZING, but good.

christopher
09-18-2013, 01:16 PM
The new MGMT album is fucking weird but awesome. I think I'll go pick up an actual copy right now from the local record store.

Natrlhi
09-18-2013, 10:59 PM
Subrosa and Pelican leaked. Also new Cloudkicker is up on the bandcamps.

http://cloudkicker.bandcamp.com/Got Pelican. Haven't listened yet, but I heard two tracks from it at MDF and I'm quite sure it'll fucking rock.

Can't seem to locate a source for SubRosa anywhere, and I'm starting to jones here. Anybody care to help a brotha out? (via PM, of course - no links :thelaw:)

Oh, and dat Cloudkicker is pretty fucking sweet. Might be some of his heaviest stuff yet...

Dextrimental
09-19-2013, 05:18 AM
Oh, and dat Cloudkicker is pretty fucking sweet. Might be some of his heaviest stuff yet...

It's probably his most contrasting work yet, black hole heavy in parts, and feather light in others. I find it interesting how he doesn't listen to Mouth of the Architect or Neurosis (at least he hasn't specified in interviews), but some of the really heavy parts are very reminiscent of those bands. It's kind of interesting to think that he may have ended up making the same sort of music just inspired by different bands at a different time - but ended up at the same creative conclusion.

HipNHap1
09-19-2013, 11:24 AM
Bought the new Vattnet Viskar last night when I saw them open for Intronaut, and that shit slays. Same vein as Deafheaven. And if anyone cares, they kicked ass live too. Really cool dudes.

kalfitegrdan
09-19-2013, 05:05 PM
Current top 25:

1. Nails - Abandon All Life
2. Incendiary - Cost of Living
3. All Pigs Must Die - Nothing Violates This Nature
4. Coffins - The Fleshland
5. The Black Dahlia Murder - Everblack
6. Abyssal - Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius
7. Wolf Down - Stray From the Path
8. Darkthrone - The Underground Resistance
9. Lord Dying - Summon the Fatihless
10. Entrails - Raging Death
11. Cloud Rat - Moksha
12. Power Trip - Manifest Decimation
13. Satan - Life Sentence
14. ASG - Blood Drive
15. Black Sabbath - 13
16. Carcass - Surgical Steel
17. Kanye West - Yeezus
18. Fleshgod Apocalypse - Labyrinth
19. Mindmaze - Mask of Lies
20. Blockheads - This World is Dead
21. Autopsy - The Headless Ritual
22. Sorcery - Arrival at Six
23. Iron Reagan - Worse Than Dead
24. Run the Jewels - Run the Jewels
25. The Ocean - Pelagial

elturtleboy
09-19-2013, 07:37 PM
new Dead In The Dirt tho

slapguitarer
09-19-2013, 10:45 PM
new Dead In The Dirt tho

:rocker: :bricks: :rocker:

XDoomsayerX
09-22-2013, 11:01 PM
So ya new Touche Amore is ace. That or Norma Jean-Wrongdoers will be my AOTY.

XDoomsayerX
09-23-2013, 12:22 AM
Anyone have the new Balance and Composure? Just was wondering for a link to DL it, Pbay has it but the file is big for a CD.

dcmetal108
09-23-2013, 05:17 AM
Anyone have the new Balance and Composure? Just was wondering for a link to DL it, Pbay has it but the file is big for a CD.

I haven't found a link to DL yet but they have it on their bandcamp to stream and it's only $5 to buy.

Also the reason the Pbay link is so big is because its in FLAC form and not MP3.

XDoomsayerX
09-23-2013, 12:41 PM
I haven't found a link to DL yet but they have it on their bandcamp to stream and it's only $5 to buy.

Also the reason the Pbay link is so big is because its in FLAC form and not MP3.

Found it on soulseek always forget bout using soulseek.

slapguitarer
09-24-2013, 08:14 PM
SubRosa - More Constant Than The Gods blew my fucking socks off. I thought No Help For The Mighty ones was revolutionary, but MCTTG goes to some fucking dark places. Might just be AOTY

christopher
09-24-2013, 09:25 PM
The new Master album is cool.

adamclark52
09-25-2013, 12:27 AM
The new Nine Inch Nails is boring. He should take the best parts of Nine Inch Nails (circa-2013) and How To Destroy Angels, combine them and release one really good album instead of two sleeper albums. I know he's not the same guy who made Broken twenty years ago but yeah, it sucks.

HackedUpForBBQ
09-25-2013, 07:20 PM
My favorite I've heard so far is Autopsy - The Headless Ritual. That album fucking destroys! All of their new material since the reunion is great and some of the best death metal I've ever heard. It holds up to their classic albums without a doubt

Datjazzfusion
09-25-2013, 07:41 PM
What websites do you guys use to download albums?
I am a noob.

jhdeity
09-25-2013, 08:59 PM
The new Nine Inch Nails is boring. He should take the best parts of Nine Inch Nails (circa-2013) and How To Destroy Angels, combine them and release one really good album instead of two sleeper albums. I know he's not the same guy who made Broken twenty years ago but yeah, it sucks.

This. Who listens to that kinda shit? How could he think people want to hear said shit?

jhdeity
09-25-2013, 09:05 PM
I'm not the biggest Nirvana fan but the remaster deluxe edition of In Utero is bad ass. Not a fan of the hits from that cd but Frances Farmer, Radio Friendly, Milk, Ape, Tourettes and Pennyroyal are awesome songs. I've always liked Sappy and Hate Myself and Want to Die too.

The live cd is great but almost too over-produced. I've heard 30 live versions of Pennyroyal Tea and vocally it never sounded like that. Not that it's totally a bad thing but it's weird to me.

hb420
09-25-2013, 09:45 PM
SubRosa - More Constant Than The Gods blew my fucking socks off. I thought No Help For The Mighty ones was revolutionary, but MCTTG goes to some fucking dark places. Might just be AOTY

:party::drool::party: Same here it is my AOTY.

LogicBomb
09-25-2013, 11:05 PM
new Dead In The Dirt tho

Damn straight. That and the new Iron Lung more than make up for the disappointment that was Hatred Surge.

adamclark52
09-26-2013, 02:30 AM
I'm not the biggest Nirvana fan but the remaster deluxe edition of In Utero is bad ass. Not a fan of the hits from that cd but Frances Farmer, Radio Friendly, Milk, Ape, Tourettes and Pennyroyal are awesome songs. I've always liked Sappy and Hate Myself and Want to Die too.

The live cd is great but almost too over-produced. I've heard 30 live versions of Pennyroyal Tea and vocally it never sounded like that. Not that it's totally a bad thing but it's weird to me.

In Utero is an awesome, awesome album. But I feel really old now that it's twenty. I remember going crazy for that album in the eighth grade. And this spring Purple, Superunknown, Mellow Gold and I'll Communication will all be twenty too. 1994 was a GOOD year.

Spiner202
09-26-2013, 04:16 AM
I am a noob.

Go to a CD store and buy new albums. Most of them aren't that hard to find.

dcmetal108
09-26-2013, 06:15 AM

Eh, it depends if you have a store by you that stocks the random stuff you want.

Like the new Stray From The Path should of been a new release but no CD store, Kmart, Target, Best Buy, Walmart, Hot Topic or anyone by me has it.

Datjazzfusion
09-26-2013, 07:06 AM

My CD stores "metal" section consists of Slipknot, Asking Alexandria, Dragonforce, Disturbed, Cradle of Filth, etc.

Ie. They are not going to contain Subrosa, Ulcerate, Nails, etc.

Spiner202
09-26-2013, 07:21 AM
My CD stores "metal" section consists of Slipknot, Asking Alexandria, Dragonforce, Disturbed, Cradle of Filth, etc.

Ie. They are not going to contain Subrosa, Ulcerate, Nails, etc.

Use Amazon (or distros) if you can't find it in a store. Most releases are very easy to find somehow; there's no need to steal from the bands.

adamclark52
09-26-2013, 07:59 AM
I am a noob.

I'm an old school CD guy. Order online. A good album is worth the day or two wait. Even if it's a week or two wait, it's usually worth it.

Where do you live? I'm sure someone here knows of some obscure indie-store you may not have heard of.

Datjazzfusion
09-26-2013, 08:18 AM
I'm an old school CD guy. Order online. A good album is worth the day or two wait. Even if it's a week or two wait, it's usually worth it.

Where do you live? I'm sure someone here knows of some obscure indie-store you may not have heard of.

Yuba City, Ca

jhdeity
09-26-2013, 09:55 AM
In Utero is an awesome, awesome album. But I feel really old now that it's twenty. I remember going crazy for that album in the eighth grade. And this spring Purple, Superunknown, Mellow Gold and I'll Communication will all be twenty too. 1994 was a GOOD year.

Yeah add Downward Spiral, Burn My Eyes and Weezer to that list for me too. I'm thinking this was about the time I expanded my musical tastes from just metal into other genres.

adamclark52
09-26-2013, 10:46 AM
Yeah add Downward Spiral, Burn My Eyes and Weezer to that list for me too. I'm thinking this was about the time I expanded my musical tastes from just metal into other genres.

I can keep listing albums from 1994 that were awesome: Vitology, Danzig 4p, it was one of my favorite years in music.

Nater
09-26-2013, 12:03 PM
I'm gonna tell you all to use www.bullmoose.com they are a record store chain in Maine/NH and if you need something they either have it or will order it. They ship everywhere too as far as I know. I love them and it's the thing I miss the most now that I don't live in Maine.

adamclark52
09-26-2013, 12:10 PM
I find eBay still to be the best place to find anything. Amazon can be good too. Except no one has a CD copy of Faith No More's 'We Care a Lot'.

jhdeity
09-26-2013, 02:15 PM
I find eBay still to be the best place to find anything. Amazon can be good too. Except no one has a CD copy of Faith No More's 'We Care a Lot'.

So you're saying if I have an original copy of We Care a Lot I should list on amazon for $175 like I've seen other people do?

Do people ever pay those prices for stuff? I saw a Hed PE Church of Realities cd on there for $300 once. I was dumbfounded. I guess it is rare but still...

energymetal14
09-26-2013, 10:43 PM
I'm gonna tell you all to use www.bullmoose.com they are a record store chain in Maine/NH and if you need something they either have it or will order it. They ship everywhere too as far as I know. I love them and it's the thing I miss the most now that I don't live in Maine.

Yeah Bull Moose is always pretty reliable. They might not carry the most rare stuff but they always have a good metal selection. I go to the one in Salem NH fairly often and I've been to the one in Portsmouth a few times. Never used the website though. My go-to store if I don't feel like going into Boston or Cambridge.

adamclark52
09-27-2013, 01:12 AM
So you're saying if I have an original copy of We Care a Lot I should list on amazon for $175 like I've seen other people do?

Do people ever pay those prices for stuff? I saw a Hed PE Church of Realities cd on there for $300 once. I was dumbfounded. I guess it is rare but still...

Yeah, that's bullshit. It's a great album but I'd never pay that. I don't know anyone who would. But people post stuff for prices like that because someone must buy it. Why else would you do it? Maybe if you want to sell it but deep down inside you don't want anyone to buy it?

I kick myself because I saw it in an HMV of all places about fifteen years ago for average price and I didn't buy it.

mastodon421
09-28-2013, 06:18 AM
New Defeater is fucking ace, really powerful record loaded with emotion and excellent melodic riffing.

BloodoftheKings
09-29-2013, 12:15 PM
Danny Brown's Old leaked.

On my first listen, it's pretty good but kind of a mixed bag and not nearly as good as XXX. I didn't think any of the songs were very impressive lyrically but the production on some of these songs is fucking crazy (mainly Dope Song and Smokin' & Drinkin'). I'm still not a fan of Dip and Kush Coma, and I really don't know what they were thinking on the track with the Ab Soul feature.

mastodon421
09-30-2013, 05:27 AM
Danny Brown's Old leaked.

On my first listen, it's pretty good but kind of a mixed bag and not nearly as good as XXX. I didn't think any of the songs were very impressive lyrically but the production on some of these songs is fucking crazy (mainly Dope Song and Smokin' & Drinkin'). I'm still not a fan of Dip and Kush Coma, and I really don't know what they were thinking on the track with the Ab Soul feature.

I plan on listening to when I get back from school later, the reception has been through the roof so far so I'm hoping it lives up to the hype. I'm with you on Dip and Kush Coma (although the beat on Dip is fucking amazing,) I hope there isn't alot more strictly drug/weed tracks on the record.

BloodoftheKings
09-30-2013, 06:19 AM
I hope there isn't alot more strictly drug/weed tracks on the record.

The album is split into two sides. Side A of the album is all serious and Side B (minus the last song) is all drug songs with trap beats.

mastodon421
09-30-2013, 09:52 AM
The album is split into two sides. Side A of the album is all serious and Side B (minus the last song) is all drug songs with trap beats.

Oh great:bouville: I'll see how I feel about it when I get there. I'm on Gremlins right now and I fucking love it so far.

adamclark52
09-30-2013, 12:49 PM
Top Ten of the Year, so far:

1a. Rotting Christ - Κατά τον δαίμονα εαυτού
1b. Nails – Abandon All Life
3. Sigur Ros – Brennisteinn EP
4. Carcass - Surgical Steel
5. Vista Chino - Peace
6. Nine Inch Nails - Hesitation Marks
7. Abyssal - Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius
8. Immolation – Kingdom of Conspiracy
9. Light Bearer - Silver Tongue
10. Dillinger Escape Plan – One of Us is the Killer

The only two that really matter are one-a and one-b, the rest is just filler.

elturtleboy
09-30-2013, 01:34 PM
New Carcass is meh(sounds amazing live!) but still a million times better than Swansong.

New GWAR is ok. Nothing special.

New Earl Sweatshirt is dope

OraclesofAgony
09-30-2013, 03:14 PM
New Carcass is meh(sounds amazing live!) but still a million times better than Swansong.

Yeah, the new songs were awesome live.

I wanted less rocking out and more in your face intensity from the album though, like Thrasher's Abattoir and even Captive Bolt Pistol.

illuminatus917
09-30-2013, 03:52 PM

:party::drool::party: Same here it is my AOTY.

I'm in the same boat. It's going to be my album of the year unless the new Arcade Fire is as good as The Suburbs.

slapguitarer
09-30-2013, 05:55 PM

Yeah, I'm not too hyped on first listen. XXX was leagues better.

mastodon421
09-30-2013, 07:14 PM
I'm still letting it sink in, but I'm loving Old. The production is out-of-this world and the serious material here blows the doors off the serious stuff from XXX imo. It's too early to tell, but if it holds up on future listens, I think it's a step-up from XXX on the whole.

illuminatus917
10-01-2013, 05:10 AM

Ghosts I-IV was better than Hesitation Marks. It was a serious departure from Reznor's traditional style but a fantastically varied creation of NIN.

The new album warrants skipping tracks, like The Slip, which should be unthinkable on a NIN record.

He's not the same guy, no, but I don't buy into the "shelf life" argument for NIN/Reznor, at least not in the sense that Reznor is past the point of being capable of writing better material than what we hear on Hesitation Marks. I think he still has plenty of writing capability and the capability of imaginative expression with the right collaboration (Ghosts I-IV was great, the soundtrack he wrote with Atticus Ross for The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo was great). There could be an argument that the style of work he's done later in his career is his best if being considered is maturity and superb technical proficiency. So it's not a lack of capability in my mind; there's a good chance he isn't making "classic" albums right now simply because he doesn't want to, which could be attributed to a number of things, only one of which being "he's not the same guy emotionally as the guy who wrote Broken, TDS, etc."

Nick_to_the_face
10-01-2013, 07:36 AM
I've had the new Defeater for a couple of months now but I just have it a full solid listen to a couple of weeks ago. Its pretty damn good. But I definitely think its the weakest album so far. It isn't bad by any means but a couple of tracks just get lost in everything else. Not to mention the beggining of Bled Out is almost exactly the same as Empty Glass. However No savior is an outstanding song.

elturtleboy
10-04-2013, 08:29 PM
New Pathology is siiiiiiiiiiiiiiicckkk.

TOP 10 for now.
1.Deafheaven - Sunbather
2.Tyler, The Creator - Wolf
3.Retox-YPLL
4.PLF -Devious Persecution And Wholesale Slaughter
5.Hoax- Hoax
6. Nails - Abandon All Life
7.Exhumed -Necrocracy
8.Hatred Surge- Human Overdose
9.Earl sweatshirt - Doris
10.Pathology - Lords Of Rephaim

Rest so far. No order yet.
Rotting Out - The Wrong Way
Holy - Age Of Collapse
Vhol-Vhol
Joel Grind- The Yellowgoat Sessions
Darkthrone - The Underground Resistance
Call Of The Void - Dragged Down a Dead End Path
Iron Reagan -Worse Than Dead
All Pigs Must Die- Nothing Violates
Antwon - In Dark Denim
Watain - The Wild Hunt
Black Sabbath -13
Ghost - Infiest....
Children Of God - We Set Fire To The Sky
Cloud Rat -Moksha
Ride At Dawn - Blast Cage
Gama Bomb - The Terror Tapes
Iron Lung - White Glove Test
Phil Anslemo/The Illagals - Walk Through Exits
Sodom - Epitome Of Torture
Dead in the Dirt- BlindHole
Transplants - In A Warzone
Integirty - Suicide Black Snake
Power Trip - Manifest Demication
A$AP Rocky -Long Live A$AP
Carcass- Surgical Steel

Demos:
██████ - Demo
Cave state - Demo
Fraude - Demo
142 - Demo
Rude- demo
Meridian - Demo

EPS:
1.Rotten Sound- Species Of War
2.Harms Way - Blinded
3.Puig Destroyer - S/T
4.Deadman - To All Well Known
4.BrucexCampbell-Hail To The King
5.Bone Sickess- Alone In the Grave
6. Dirty Mike & The Boys - Soup Kitchen
7.Hodgy Beats-EP 2

infinitydeth
10-04-2013, 08:54 PM

TOP 10 for now.
1.Deafheaven - Sunbather
3.Retox-YPLL
5.Hoax- Hoax
7.Exhumed -Necrocracy

Awesome list except for the rap stuff:tongue:

elturtleboy
10-04-2013, 09:24 PM
Awesome list except for the rap stuff:tongue:

Im a Grindcore Thug:cool:

and that list is most likely to change around.

XDoomsayerX
10-04-2013, 11:04 PM
New Balance and Composure is pretty boring. New TDWP is cool though! :rocker:

LogicBomb
10-04-2013, 11:20 PM

It seems like I'm the only person in the world who was really disappointed with this one. The Mammoth Grinder album was alot better. Badass list regardless, didn't even know there was a new Rotting Out.. out.

Spiner202
10-05-2013, 05:29 AM
The new Toxic Holocaust is solid. Pretty much exactly what you'd expect from them.

kalfitegrdan
10-05-2013, 07:34 AM
New Balance and Composure is pretty boring.

Makes sense. I saw them last night and they were one of the most boring bands I've ever seen.

dcmetal108
10-05-2013, 09:36 AM
Makes sense. I saw them last night and they were one of the most boring bands I've ever seen.

So generic.

Nater
10-05-2013, 10:03 AM
I got a copy of Soulfly's new album and I actually enjoy it so much more then the first couple songs that were released. It's fun and is almost like a continuation of Dark Ages and Conquer. It's solid. Spirals is catchy as fuck.

christopher
10-05-2013, 01:15 PM

TOP 10 for now.
1.Deafheaven - Sunbather
3.Retox-YPLL
5.Hoax- Hoax
7.Exhumed -Necrocracy

Rest so far. No order yet.
Rotting Out - The Wrong Way
Holy - Age Of Collapse
Vhol-Vhol
Joel Grind- The Yellowgoat Sessions
Darkthrone - The Underground Resistance
Call Of The Void - Dragged Down a Dead End Path
Iron Reagan -Worse Than Dead
All Pigs Must Die- Nothing Violates
Antwon - In Dark Denim
Watain - The Wild Hunt
Black Sabbath -13
Ghost - Infiest....
Children Of God - We Set Fire To The Sky
Cloud Rat -Moksha
Ride At Dawn - Blast Cage
Gama Bomb - The Terror Tapes
Iron Lung - White Glove Test
Phil Anslemo/The Illagals - Walk Through Exits
Sodom - Epitome Of Torture
Dead in the Dirt- BlindHole
Transplants - In A Warzone
Integirty - Suicide Black Snake
Power Trip - Manifest Demication
A$AP Rocky -Long Live A$AP
Carcass- Surgical Steel

Demos:
██████ - Demo
Cave state - Demo
Fraude - Demo
142 - Demo
Rude- demo
Meridian - Demo

EPS:
1.Rotten Sound- Species Of War
2.Harms Way - Blinded
3.Puig Destroyer - S/T
4.Deadman - To All Well Known
4.BrucexCampbell-Hail To The King
5.Bone Sickess- Alone In the Grave
6. Dirty Mike & The Boys - Soup Kitchen
7.Hodgy Beats-EP 2

How could you forget A Fiendish Threat?

hb420
10-05-2013, 11:02 PM
The new Toxic Holocaust is solid. Pretty much exactly what you'd expect from them.

Was surprised how great this was. :party: Didn't think they'd be able to top either Hell On Earth or their last one, but they did. New one is raw, brutal, and punk as fuck. They haven't been like this since Hell On Earth.

Dextrimental
10-06-2013, 09:01 AM
New Trivium leaked. Meh.

Fortress by Alter Bridge is next for today.

infinitydeth
10-06-2013, 07:22 PM
1. Deafheaven - Sunbather
2. Nails - Abandon all life
3. Darkthrone - The underground resistance
4. Exhumed - Necrocracy
5. Citizen - Youth
6. The black dahlia murder - Everblack
7. August burns red - Rescue and restore
8. All pigs must die - Nothing violates this nature
9. Terror - live by the code
10. Holy grail - Ride the void

hb420
10-07-2013, 01:04 AM
My list is pretty much set in stone now:

2. In Solitude - Sister
3. VHOL - VHOL
4. Gorguts - Colored Sands
5. Savages - Silence Yourself
6. Inquisition - Obscure Verses For The Multi Verse
8. Inter Arma - Sky Burial
9. Eight Bells - The Captain's Daughter
10. Deafheaven - Sunbather
11. Portal - Vexovoid
12. The National - Trouble Will Find Me
13. Oranssi Pazuzu - Valonielu
14. Locrian - Return to Annihilation
15. Carcass - Surgical Steel

Rocco44
10-07-2013, 03:23 AM
My list is pretty much set in stone now:

2. In Solitude - Sister
3. VHOL - VHOL
6. Inquisition - Obscure Verses For The Multi Verse
8. Inter Arma - Sky Burial
9. Eight Bells - The Captain's Daughter
11. Portal - Vexovoid
12. The National - Trouble Will Find Me
13. Oranssi Pazuzu - Valonielu
14. Locrian - Return to Annihilation
15. Carcass - Surgical Steel

I am Andrew and I approve this message.

elturtleboy
10-07-2013, 12:12 PM
How could you forget A Fiendish Threat?

Defiantly gonna make the top 25. Its beating Carcass for sure XD

elturtleboy
10-07-2013, 12:15 PM
It seems like I'm the only person in the world who was really disappointed with this one. The Mammoth Grinder album was alot better. Badass list regardless, didn't even know there was a new Rotting Out.. out.

DIDNT EVEN KNOW IT WAS OUT! THANKS! THIS WILL MAKE MY LIST TOO:party::party:

Alduin
10-07-2013, 03:40 PM
Couple songs into the new Death Angels, its pretty fuckin rippin so far!:rocker:

hellawaits77ny
10-08-2013, 05:58 AM
New Trivium is streaming on their website. Not bad to start.

Spiner202
10-08-2013, 06:02 PM
Any fans of Pyrexia? Their new album is pretty cool. I've never heard any of their old stuff, but this fits in with a lot of other OSDM from New York that I've heard.

Also, I got the new Skeletonwitch today, but probably won't be able to listen to it until the weekend. Never been a huge fan of them, but hopefully I like this one.

300%_Density
10-08-2013, 09:35 PM
Red Fang also leaked today.

Addicted2metal
10-08-2013, 11:50 PM
I fucking love this new A Day To Remember album!!!:rocker:

adamclark52
10-09-2013, 12:55 AM
Ghosts I-IV was better than Hesitation Marks. It was a serious departure from Reznor's traditional style but a fantastically varied creation of NIN.

The new album warrants skipping tracks, like The Slip, which should be unthinkable on a NIN record.

He's not the same guy, no, but I don't buy into the "shelf life" argument for NIN/Reznor, at least not in the sense that Reznor is past the point of being capable of writing better material than what we hear on Hesitation Marks. I think he still has plenty of writing capability and the capability of imaginative expression with the right collaboration (Ghosts I-IV was great, the soundtrack he wrote with Atticus Ross for The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo was great). There could be an argument that the style of work he's done later in his career is his best if being considered is maturity and superb technical proficiency. So it's not a lack of capability in my mind; there's a good chance he isn't making "classic" albums right now simply because he doesn't want to, which could be attributed to a number of things, only one of which being "he's not the same guy emotionally as the guy who wrote Broken, TDS, etc."

It's actually grown on me quite a bit. But it's lacking that "wow" factor. I can't see me thinking back on it five years from now and having any memories of it.

NickLed19
10-09-2013, 03:04 AM

Its solid.

BloodoftheKings
10-09-2013, 02:10 PM

Its solid.

http://i.imgur.com/SDuGGrJ.gif

illuminatus917
10-09-2013, 02:24 PM
They should just be a pop punk band.

hb420
10-09-2013, 09:18 PM
My offical top 50 of 2013.

2. In Solitude - Sister
3. VHOL - VHOL
6. Inquisition - Obscure Verses for the Multiverse
8. Lorcian - Return To Annihilation
9. Beastmilk - Climax
11. The National - Trouble Will Find Me
12. Carcass - Surgical Steel
13. Eight Bells - The Captain's Daughter
14. Oranssi Pazuzu - Valonielu
15. Nine Inch Nails - Hesitation Marks
16. Inter Arma - Sky Burial
17. Portal - Vexovoid
18. The Body - Christs, Redeemers
19. Kanye West - Yeezus
20. Magic CIrcle - Magic Circle
21. Darkthrone - The Underground Resistance
22. Queens of the Stone Age - ...Like Clockwork
23. Kylesa - Ultraviolet
24. Cathedral - The Last Spire
25. The Haxan Cloak - Excavation
26. Krypts - Unending Degradation
27. Wolvserpent - Perigaea Antahkarana
28. Chvrches - The Bones of What You Believe
30. Epheremros - All Hail Corrosion
31. Phosphorescent - Muchacho
32. Altar of Plagues - Teethed Glory & Injury
33. Lycus - Tempest
34. Chelsea Wolfe - Pain Is Beauty
35. Pinkish Black - Razed To The Ground
36. Morne - Shadows
37. Toxic Holocaust - Chemistry of Consciousness
38. Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Push The Sky Away
39. Earthless - From The Ages
40. Blood Ceremony - The Eldritch Dark
41. Ancients - Heart of Oak
42. Fell Voices - Regnum Saturni
43. Vattnet Viskar - Sky Swallower
44. Church of Misery - Thy Kingdom Scum
45. Pharmarkon - Abandon
46. Windhand - Soma
47. Black Sabbath - 13
48. KEN Mode - Entrench
49. Batillus - Concrete Sustain
50. Circle - Incarnation

300%_Density
10-10-2013, 01:57 PM
So wow. The new Red Fang is very damn good. Anybody else listen to it yet?

TheWildAndTheYoung
10-10-2013, 02:50 PM
1.Spirit - Reckless Love
6.Nemesis - Stratovarius
8.Hail To The King - Avenged Sevenfold
9.Street Level - De La Cruz
13.All Around The World - Bai Bang
14.Deciever Of The Gods - Amon Amarth
16.Overdrive - Diamond Dawn
17.Rise Up - W.E.T.
20.Dreamworld - Rage Of Angels

One album change and two position changes, I think this most likely will be my final list.

illuminatus917
10-10-2013, 03:41 PM

Not a bad album at all. It's better than their last one, for sure.

mastodon421
10-10-2013, 06:05 PM
So wow. The new Red Fang is very damn good. Anybody else listen to it yet?

I have. The first half of the record is excellent, but the second half is just decent and drags the album down substantially.

TheWildAndTheYoung
10-10-2013, 06:16 PM
Not a bad album at all. It's better than their last one, for sure.

O heck yea, definitely.Endtime Hearts is one of their best songs IMO :rocker:.

Natrlhi
10-11-2013, 09:49 AM
My offical top 50 of 2013.

2. In Solitude - Sister
3. VHOL - VHOL
6. Inquisition - Obscure Verses for the Multiverse
8. Lorcian - Return To Annihilation
9. Beastmilk - Climax
11. The National - Trouble Will Find Me
12. Carcass - Surgical Steel
13. Eight Bells - The Captain's Daughter
14. Oranssi Pazuzu - Valonielu
15. Nine Inch Nails - Hesitation Marks
16. Inter Arma - Sky Burial
17. Portal - Vexovoid
18. The Body - Christs, Redeemers
19. Kanye West - Yeezus
20. Magic CIrcle - Magic Circle
21. Darkthrone - The Underground Resistance
22. Queens of the Stone Age - ...Like Clockwork
23. Kylesa - Ultraviolet
24. Cathedral - The Last Spire
25. The Haxan Cloak - Excavation
26. Krypts - Unending Degradation
27. Wolvserpent - Perigaea Antahkarana
28. Chvrches - The Bones of What You Believe
30. Epheremros - All Hail Corrosion
31. Phosphorescent - Muchacho
32. Altar of Plagues - Teethed Glory & Injury
33. Lycus - Tempest
34. Chelsea Wolfe - Pain Is Beauty
35. Pinkish Black - Razed To The Ground
36. Morne - Shadows
37. Toxic Holocaust - Chemistry of Consciousness
38. Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Push The Sky Away
39. Earthless - From The Ages
40. Blood Ceremony - The Eldritch Dark
41. Ancients - Heart of Oak
42. Fell Voices - Regnum Saturni
43. Vattnet Viskar - Sky Swallower
44. Church of Misery - Thy Kingdom Scum
45. Pharmarkon - Abandon
46. Windhand - Soma
47. Black Sabbath - 13
48. KEN Mode - Entrench
49. Batillus - Concrete Sustain
50. Circle - IncarnationLots of good stuff on there. Personally, I wasn't that impressed with VHOL or Carcass (they're good, but not great), and think I like a few such as Altar of Plagues and Anciients more than you did, but still - a damned decent list.

Honestly, though, I don't see what all the fuss over "Sunbather" is about. It's damned good, but there just isn't anything about it that rockets it into the stratosphere above other albums released this year, IMO.

illuminatus917
10-11-2013, 12:12 PM
Múm needs to, just for one album, forgo their electronic bullshit and write a bunch of songs like "Sweet Impressions" off the new album, and they might have another album as good as Summer Make Good or Finally We Are No One.

EDIT: Even though the lyrics in the song are a bit reminiscent, if not a direct rip off, of GN'R's November Rain...

Nater
10-12-2013, 01:22 AM
I don't know if anyone checked out Dispise the Sun's debut on Ossuary Industries but holy shit is it some killer Death Metal. It's short but its heavy as fuck.

John The Drummer
10-12-2013, 11:23 AM
Snagged the new Tyr, In Solitude, and Satyricon CD's last night.

Tyr is Tyr, but with a Pantera cover. Need to listen to it some more since George Kollias is drumming on it!

In Solitude is SO FUCKING good! I can't wait to see them in a little over a week!

Satyricon is fucking surprising. REALLY FUCKING GOOD. Love the riffs on it, sounds more like Classic Rock at times, which is great.

elturtleboy
10-12-2013, 09:21 PM
Hank III - Fiendish Threat
Mammoth Grinder -Underworlds
Both added to my Fur Sure! list of 2013.

A$AP Ferg - Trap Lord was cool

infinitydeth
10-12-2013, 10:16 PM
Mammoth Grinder -Underworlds
Both added to my Fur Sure! list of 2013.

A$AP Ferg - Trap Lord was cool

Listen to the new Transient
It's killer

XDoomsayerX
10-14-2013, 10:20 PM
Modern Life is War...how good is this band? Like check out new album asap and show?

christopher
10-15-2013, 02:01 AM

:party:

Everyone seriously check this album out!! Amazing horror punk!

TheWildAndTheYoung
10-15-2013, 01:26 PM
Just listened to Halestorm's new covers EP, it totally rocks! Dissident Aggressor is killer and same for Shoot To Thrill and Hell Is For Children.Their version of Get Lucky sounds 300 times better than than the original, shows how Daft Punk could have sounded like.

Ommie
10-15-2013, 06:51 PM
Modern Life is War...how good is this band? Like check out new album asap and show?
DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT

Also check out their other stuff, specifically Witness. They sound a lot like Defeater but they're way better imo.

Natrlhi
10-15-2013, 07:54 PM
Need to listen to it some more since George Kollias is drumming on it!GK drumming in a band that is not Nile is a waste of GK's time and energy.

dcmetal108
10-15-2013, 08:27 PM

FUCKING DO IT! Their kickass and from what I've seen their live show is nuts!

energymetal14
10-15-2013, 10:43 PM

Also gonna say you should definitely check out MLIW. I just saw them a couple nights ago and they were amazing! And their songs are really great too. By far my favorite band of their style. I usually don't like that type of melodic hardcore, but they are really good at it.

Ommie
10-16-2013, 09:07 PM
Also, I gotta say, I've been listening to the new Carcass a few times lately and it gets better every time. Still amazing to release an album this good after so long.

Also, whoever mentioned Mammoth Grinder: thanks. This shit is awesome.

XDoomsayerX
10-16-2013, 10:45 PM
DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT

Also check out their other stuff, specifically Witness. They sound a lot like Defeater but they're way better imo.

FUCKING DO IT! Their kickass and from what I've seen their live show is nuts!

Also gonna say you should definitely check out MLIW. I just saw them a couple nights ago and they were amazing! And their songs are really great too. By far my favorite band of their style. I usually don't like that type of melodic hardcore, but they are really good at it.

Thanks dudes! Checked a couple songs out and yup a dope band. Remind me of Have Heart and Defeater.

Also props to Ommie for the TGI and ETID love, awesome live bands.

dcmetal108
10-16-2013, 11:46 PM
Thanks dudes! Checked a couple songs out and yup a dope band. Remind me of Have Heart and Defeater.

Also props to Ommie for the TGI and ETID love, awesome live bands.

You know if it's a hardcore band you can always ask me :lol:

Spiner202
10-17-2013, 04:12 AM
So if you like thrash, listen to Untimely Demise. I've only been through their new album once, but it is some serious stuff. Produced by Glen Drover (and he did guest solos on it too).

TheWildAndTheYoung
10-17-2013, 10:37 AM
Just found out Stryper's coming out with an album on November 5th, title is No More Hell To Pay, considering how good Second Coming and The Covering I hope for them to continue with their old sound, and by how the lead single (title track) sounds it looks like that's what it'll be.

Ommie
10-17-2013, 11:40 AM
You know if it's a hardcore band you can always ask me :lol:
True. dcmetal is like the defacto hxc expert here. :lol:

elturtleboy
10-17-2013, 06:26 PM
New Motorhead,as expexted was typical,but good

dcmetal108
10-17-2013, 10:44 PM
True. dcmetal is like the defacto hxc expert here. :lol:

Since JD is no longer with us I will take this title with pride!

Speaking of hardcore the new Cruel Hand EP is sick as hell. The opening track Heat might be one of my favorite by them ever.

hellawaits77ny
10-18-2013, 05:07 AM
Since JD is no longer with us I will take this title with pride!

Speaking of hardcore the new Cruel Hand EP is sick as hell. The opening track Heat might be one of my favorite by them ever.

Gotta check that out, I saw those guys opening for Terror and sprained my MCL moshing!

Whatever happened to JD? Liked that guy.

dcmetal108
10-18-2013, 06:56 AM
Gotta check that out, I saw those guys opening for Terror and sprained my MCL moshing!

Whatever happened to JD? Liked that guy.

JD just stopped going on here and stopped going to shows. Haven't seen him since The Wonder Years show in like May.

hellawaits77ny
10-18-2013, 09:28 AM
JD just stopped going on here and stopped going to shows. Haven't seen him since The Wonder Years show in like May.

Weird

MPF
10-18-2013, 01:37 PM
Holy FUCK! The new Protest The Hero is fucking amazing, I haven't said that since I discovered Kezia back when the first broke out.

Natrlhi
10-18-2013, 03:08 PM
Honestly, though, I don't see what all the fuss over "Sunbather" is about. It's damned good, but there just isn't anything about it that rockets it into the stratosphere above other albums released this year, IMO.Only one week hence after making this statement, and I think it has finally clicked with me. What did it was, I think, listening to this album with good headphones and no distractions. It's really a beautiful piece of work, calm in places and crushing in others, working its way back and forth between the various extremes with the deftness of a band who've been doing their thing for decades.

Anyway, I'm finally fully on board with Sunbather, so there goes the fun of being the lone contrarian who still doesn't "get" the album at year end when it makes the MetalSetlists Best of 2013 list. :(

elturtleboy
10-18-2013, 10:34 PM
Damn new Portal is really good

anomynous
10-18-2013, 10:55 PM
New Ihsahn is disappointing. Should have taken a lot more time on it.

illuminatus917
10-19-2013, 05:50 AM
Anyway, I'm finally fully on board with Sunbather, so there goes the fun of being the lone contrarian who still doesn't "get" the album at year end when it makes the MetalSetlists Best of 2013 list. :(

Don't worry, I'll be that person in your place. ;)

Fen's new album is a much better atmospheric black metal/post-rock record than Deafheaven's, in my opinion.

Ommie
10-19-2013, 08:27 AM
New Ihsahn is disappointing. Should have taken a lot more time on it.
He released another album? I liked the first three but thought Eremita was pretty bad, I guess it's safe to say this new one isn't much different.

slapguitarer
10-19-2013, 11:43 AM
Don't worry, I'll be that person in your place. ;)

Fen's new album is a much better atmospheric black metal/post-rock record than Deafheaven's, in my opinion.

I prefer Sunbather, but Dustwalker is definitely an incredible record.

John The Drummer
10-19-2013, 01:08 PM
He released another album?

this.... :eyes:

illuminatus917
10-19-2013, 01:41 PM
I prefer Sunbather, but Dustwalker is definitely an incredible record.

Better yet, I'm just now finishing Side A of Skagos's Anarchic, and it might be better than both.

http://skagos.bandcamp.com/

illuminatus917
10-19-2013, 01:51 PM
...and Side B has vocals that sound like a more masculine, folksy Jónsi.

elturtleboy
10-19-2013, 10:27 PM
New Skeletonwitch is fucking badass. Def on my list.

New Toxic Holocaust had a song or 2 i liked a lot,but im sure it'll grow on me like the past one.

Seriously their albums come out the same day and they arn't touring together. What gives?

illuminatus917
10-20-2013, 09:43 AM
Cultes des Ghoules - Henbane, or Sonic Compendium Of The Black Arts

http://hellsheadbangers.bandcamp.com/album/henbane

I did a search for this and only smearCampaign and hb420 have mentioned it, back earlier in the year.

I just now listened to this and it has to be the best black metal album of 2013. Or, "horror black metal," as that might be more appropriate. There's some shit in this album that actually is a little unsettling, which many black metal bands attempt to pull off in their music but they usually end sounding lame.

Brief disturbing sound samples, check.

Filthy atmosphere, check.

Every imaginable type of vocal, check.

More chunky riffs than you can shake an upside down cross at, check.

Homage to first wave of black metal and even somewhat reminiscent of Blaze in the Northern Sky and To Mega Therion, check.

Trance-inducing and doomy, check.

Wicked as fuck, check.

anomynous
10-20-2013, 11:29 AM
New Warbringer :rocker::rocker::rocker:

It's weird though, because the production makes it not "feel" like a thrash album IMO. It's definitely an interesting choice.

Spiner202
10-20-2013, 12:19 PM
New Warbringer :rocker::rocker::rocker:

It's weird though, because the production makes it not "feel" like a thrash album IMO. It's definitely an interesting choice.

Glad to hear it's really good. I'll be buying it day 1 and cannot wait :D

the deathmetaler
10-20-2013, 05:39 PM
New Skeletonwitch is fucking badass. Def on my list.

New Toxic Holocaust had a song or 2 i liked a lot,but im sure it'll grow on me like the past one.

Seriously their albums come out the same day and they arn't touring together. What gives?

I definitely agree. The new Skeletonwitch is fucking sick. Also...The new Toxic Holocaust leaked???

Alduin
10-21-2013, 02:33 PM
Forever Abomination took awhile for me to get into, but Serpents Unleashed has ripped my fuckin face off from the get go! :rocker: killer album

and the new protest the hero has restored my faith in the band, really didnt like the last one all that much but the new one is awesome, for the first time it sounds like the drums arent struggling to keep up

now if I could only get the new warbringer to play on my fuckin ipod :bouville:

christopher
10-21-2013, 06:31 PM
I just got my Mikey Classic and his Lonesome Spurs album today and its amazing! It's pretty much an acoustic Goddamb Gallows album! :D

elturtleboy
10-22-2013, 01:02 AM
I definitely agree. The new Skeletonwitch is fucking sick. Also...The new Toxic Holocaust leaked???

Yes. And also. New Warbringer comes out the same day. ALL 3 NEED TO TOUR TOGETHER

elturtleboy
10-22-2013, 01:13 AM
Richie Ramone's solo cd sounds like he really wants to be Billy Idol. Its ok i guess.

Gag's new ep is fucking rawwww:rocker:

TheWildAndTheYoung
10-24-2013, 11:30 AM
1.Spirit - Reckless Love
6.Nemesis - Stratovarius
16.The Nexus - Amaranthe
17.Rise Up - W.E.T.
20.Ride The Void - Holy Grail

Can't believe I forgot Amaranthe, I must have thought it was released last year, o well fixed now! and the new Holy Grail rocks!

jhdeity
10-24-2013, 06:30 PM
1.Spirit - Reckless Love
6.Nemesis - Stratovarius
16.The Nexus - Amaranthe
17.Rise Up - W.E.T.
20.Ride The Void - Holy Grail

Can't believe I forgot Amaranthe, I must have thought it was released last year, o well fixed now! and the new Holy Grail rocks!

I know you're different than everyone else on here and that's cool. Some of your picks pique my interest on occasion. That being said do you really think Hail to the King is one of the 10 best cd's you've heard this year? I consider myself a slightly above average fan of theirs and that cd makes me wanna punch a dolphin...

The_jman
10-24-2013, 07:38 PM
I know you're different than everyone else on here and that's cool. Some of your picks pique my interest on occasion. That being said do you really think Hail to the King is one of the 10 best cd's you've heard this year? I consider myself a slightly above average fan of theirs and that cd makes me wanna punch a dolphin...
Hail to the king will be in my top 10. Its good, just different.

and I agree with a couple picks of his, that blackveil brides album is my album of the year, so yeah, guess I'm different than everyone else here as well.

TheWildAndTheYoung
10-24-2013, 07:54 PM

Yea dude, don't know really why there's so much hate towards that album, it's classic heavy metal to the hilt to me.Only song I don't like on it really is Heretic.

XDoomsayerX
10-24-2013, 09:55 PM
Peeps still are into A7X. :hecho: Waking The Fallen was their peak everything after is just dull for the most part.

slapguitarer
10-24-2013, 10:14 PM
>implying they were ever good

illuminatus917
10-25-2013, 05:13 AM
Waking The Fallen was their peak everything after is just dull for the most part.

Wrong.

Implying Avenged Sevenfold was ever untalented is naive, even if you dislike their style of music. I mostly dislike everything they've ever done except some snippets of Nightmare, but they've still been good at what they do.

I haven't listened to this new album though.

John The Drummer
10-25-2013, 01:07 PM

>this x64

BloodoftheKings
10-25-2013, 04:30 PM
Implying Avenged Sevenfold was ever untalented is naive, even if you dislike their style of music. I mostly dislike everything they've ever done except some snippets of Nightmare, but they've still been good at what they do.

I wouldn't deny they're skilled musicians but you can be very talented and still make awful music.

Spiner202
10-26-2013, 07:36 AM
I know it's old, but I'm just finishing my first listen of the new Attacker and apparently the song I sampled before deciding to buy it ("Black Winds Calling") was by far the best track. None of the rest of the album was bad, but it didn't really stand out either.

jhdeity
10-28-2013, 09:29 AM
Yea dude, don't know really why there's so much hate towards that album, it's classic heavy metal to the hilt to me.Only song I don't like on it really is Heretic.

I tried to get into it but it's all the same boring tempo then I find myself going there's the Megadeth song, that one is the Guns N' Roses song then oh god how can they re-write Sad but True and not pay royalties?

To each his own. It would be in my 5 worst cd's of 2013...

elturtleboy
10-28-2013, 11:23 AM
Hunx and his Punx - Street Punk is dope

slapguitarer
10-28-2013, 12:28 PM
Kerry McCoy from Deafheaven was tweeting that they're on a ballot to be Grammy nominees. That's pretty huge.

TheWildAndTheYoung
10-28-2013, 12:58 PM
I tried to get into it but it's all the same boring tempo then I find myself going there's the Megadeth song, that one is the Guns N' Roses song then oh god how can they re-write Sad but True and not pay royalties?

To each his own. It would be in my 5 worst cd's of 2013...

Yea I see your point, but for some reason I just love this album, though nothing will ever beat City Of Evil IMO.

John The Drummer
10-28-2013, 01:22 PM
Satyricon's new one is still the biggest surprise of the year for me :D
Picked it up randomly... wasn't expecting much at all (Age of Nero wasn't BAD, per se....but it was rather bland) and was blown away.

Nater
10-28-2013, 01:46 PM
I've got so much stuff to pick up tomorrow I hope I can make some extra tip money tonight cause I need my Skeltonwitch and Kataklysm fix.

infinitydeth
10-28-2013, 08:55 PM
Heard the new Oathbreaker album its amazing. :rocker::rocker::rocker:

BRAman22
10-29-2013, 03:33 PM
Listening to the new Protest the Hero and its definitely my favorite thing I've heard all year.

TheWildAndTheYoung
10-29-2013, 04:31 PM
Anybody else heard the new Steel Panther single? I think it rocks hard and I personally can't wait to hear more from the new album.

Spiner202
10-29-2013, 04:48 PM
Anybody else heard the new Steel Panther single? I think it rocks hard and I personally can't wait to hear more from the new album.

I thought it was pretty disappointing. I like the band, but the second album was a lot worse both lyrically and musically than the first. It's looking like this new record will follow suit.

TheWildAndTheYoung
10-29-2013, 06:44 PM
I thought it was pretty disappointing. I like the band, but the second album was a lot worse both lyrically and musically than the first. It's looking like this new record will follow suit.

Lyrically I could agree with but musically heck no, the guitar riffs in 17 Girls In A Row are some of the best metal riffs of all time IMO.The new track does seem to take a different approach though, similar to another current glam metal band Reckless Love.

dcmetal108
10-29-2013, 09:25 PM
Lyrically I could agree with but musically heck no, the guitar riffs in 17 Girls In A Row are some of the best metal riffs of all time IMO.The new track does seem to take a different approach though, similar to another current glam metal band Reckless Love.

To be fair you also were the one that said you don't like their lyrics because they are too vulgar for you.

slapguitarer
10-29-2013, 09:40 PM

:|

anomynous
10-29-2013, 09:44 PM
The new Steel Panther song is pretty underwhelming. I liked it better the second time I listened do it, but it's definitely one of the weaker songs in their discography.

Datjazzfusion
10-29-2013, 09:46 PM
the guitar riffs in 17 Girls In A Row are some of the best metal riffs of all time
Son... Get some help.

hinder5050
10-29-2013, 10:46 PM
Son... Get some help.

agreed but they still are fun band and god just like tiger woods make laugh so hard.

orlandodavis
10-29-2013, 11:19 PM
Two of my unknown faves have are coming out with an album soon. Amok-http://http://www.witchesbrewthrashes.de/MP3/Amok_Lawbreakers.mp3 and Dissonance in Design http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13JeOkw368U. Check em out.

Nater
10-29-2013, 11:24 PM
Jesus tapdancing christ Skeletonwitch is fucking amazing. Like when Beneath Dead Leaves just fucking starts those first 30 seconds are amazing and From a Cloudless Sky is great. So good.

christopher
10-30-2013, 12:04 AM
I can't wait to hear Skeletonwitch. I have a copy waiting for me at the local record store. I was going to get it today but waiting until Thursday morning because that place will have a special to get a free Morbid Angel ticket. I don't want to make the drive twice haha.

elturtleboy
10-30-2013, 12:29 AM
Kerry McCoy from Deafheaven was tweeting that they're on a ballot to be Grammy nominees. That's pretty huge.

oh shit

imanidiot777
10-30-2013, 08:16 AM
Anyone listen to the new Trivium album yet?

I think it is better than In Waves but I also can hear the Draiman influence pretty clearly in the vocals in certain songs, not all over the place though.

BloodoftheKings
10-30-2013, 09:10 AM
the guitar riffs in 17 Girls In A Row are some of the best metal riffs of all time IMO.

http://i.imgur.com/SDuGGrJ.gif

TheWildAndTheYoung
10-30-2013, 10:41 AM
Son... Get some help.

Don't need any, it's my style of guitar playing that I like to play so therefore I think the riffs are extremely good, don't see why everyone else thinks they suck.

smearCampaign
10-30-2013, 10:45 AM
Don't need any, it's my style of guitar playing that I like to play so therefore I think the riffs are extremely good, don't see why everyone else thinks they suck.

When you throw around phrases like "best metal riffs of all time" you are getting into some serious talk. There is a large divide between good and best riffs ever.

Dextrimental
10-30-2013, 11:39 AM

I don't think they suck, but you got to realize that most of Steel Panther's riffs are usually derivative of classic metal/rock bands like Van Halen, Bon Jovi, even Metallica. Throwing around a big statement like 'best riffs in metal' is a big statement to make anyway, specially considering you only listen to one genre of metal generally, but to say it about a band whose whole gimmick is that they are poking fun at and often being derivative of heavy metal in general is going to attract derision.

I don't care for Steel Panther at all, but just a piece of advice, there is a big difference between 'best riffs in metal' and 'I think the riffs are extremely good' - one is far less inflammatory than the other in open forum. Pick your words, and no-one will have a problem!

TheWildAndTheYoung
10-30-2013, 11:59 AM
I don't think they suck, but you got to realize that most of Steel Panther's riffs are usually derivative of classic metal/rock bands like Van Halen, Bon Jovi, even Metallica. Throwing around a big statement like 'best riffs in metal' is a big statement to make anyway, specially considering you only listen to one genre of metal generally, but to say it about a band whose whole gimmick is that they are poking fun at and often being derivative of heavy metal in general is going to attract derision.

I don't care for Steel Panther at all, but just a piece of advice, there is a big difference between 'best riffs in metal' and 'I think the riffs are extremely good' - one is far less inflammatory than the other in open forum. Pick your words, and no-one will have a problem!
Ok, just to say though if I enjoy playing the riff on guitar I will probably consider it a top metal riff.Come to think of it though it sounds like the riff from Lil' Jack Horny by Extreme.And about the one genre of metal, that's not really true anymore, it's my favorite yes but I'm almost equally obsessed with power metal and melodic death metal as I am with glam metal.

The_jman
10-30-2013, 03:10 PM
Yea I see your point, but for some reason I just love this album, though nothing will ever beat City Of Evil IMO.
this

The_jman
10-30-2013, 03:12 PM
I really liked the trivium album, I could really hear the draiman influence, but I think his influence is a good one for trivium, the album feels more musical and melotic than some of the rest rather than just throwing notes or rhythms together, they seem to flow better. if that makes sense.

The_jman
10-30-2013, 03:15 PM
Ok, just to say though if I enjoy playing the riff on guitar I will probably consider it a top metal riff.Come to think of it though it sounds like the riff from Lil' Jack Horny by Extreme.And about the one genre of metal, that's not really true anymore, it's my favorite yes but I'm almost equally obsessed with power metal and melodic death metal as I am with glam metal.
best rifs in metal...
if you had said smoke on the water, iron man, paranoid, whole lot of love, creeping death, master of puppets, if you had said anything like this or something similar I might have given your statement more weight, but steal panther? no... especially when most of their music is based off ripping off or emulating other bands.

illuminatus917
10-30-2013, 03:34 PM
Are we really discussing Steel Panther's new album having the best riffs in the history of metal?

slapguitarer
10-30-2013, 06:30 PM
Are we really discussing Steel Panther's new album having the best riffs in the history of metal?

Dark times have fallen on metalsetlists.

TheWildAndTheYoung
10-30-2013, 06:57 PM
best rifs in metal...
if you had said smoke on the water, iron man, paranoid, whole lot of love, creeping death, master of puppets, if you had said anything like this or something similar I might have given your statement more weight, but steal panther? no... especially when most of their music is based off ripping off or emulating other bands.

Smoke On The Water and Iron Man to me are flat out boring to play on guitar, so I wouldn't actually put them in my top ten riffs of all-time, don't care how influential they are that's just how I judge best guitar riffs.Hmm, thread idea....

dcmetal108
10-30-2013, 07:08 PM
Smoke On The Water and Iron Man to me are flat out boring to play on guitar, so I wouldn't actually put them in my top ten riffs of all-time, don't care how influential they are that's just how I judge best guitar riffs.Hmm, thread idea....

No one gives a fuck.

Onioner
10-30-2013, 07:13 PM

Music first and foremost is experienced via listening. Therefore the quality of music is directly proportional to the enjoyment one experiences from listening. Not by playing the music, but listening. If you want to make a list of the most fun riffs to play then go for it, but to say that a riff is generally inferior to another based on anything other than its musical quality is flat-out wrong in so many ways.

TheWildAndTheYoung
10-30-2013, 07:17 PM
No one gives a fuck.

infinitydeth
10-30-2013, 07:22 PM
No one gives a fuck.

Coming from the guy who made the falling in reverse thread

TheWildAndTheYoung
10-30-2013, 07:28 PM
Music first and foremost is experienced via listening. Therefore the quality of music is directly proportional to the enjoyment one experiences from listening. Not by playing the music, but listening. If you want to make a list of the most fun riffs to play then go for it, but to say that a riff is generally inferior to another based on anything other than its musical quality is flat-out wrong in so many ways.

No I was talking about making a list for just top ten metal/rock riffs in general, not one for playing.And ok, so I won't judge the riff by how fun it is to play, to me it's a mean in-your-face riff that could easily be in like a top 100 greatest guitar riffs of all-time, top ten no, but 100 easily.And Smoke On The Water to me is an uninteresting riff, there I said it.

Why must everyone insist on attacking each others opinions for crying out loud....

BloodoftheKings
10-30-2013, 07:35 PM

#rekt

dcmetal108
10-30-2013, 08:36 PM

#trolling

kalfitegrdan
10-30-2013, 10:46 PM
Dark times have fallen on metalsetlists.

So Winds of Plague has a new album out...

slapguitarer
10-30-2013, 11:03 PM
Why must everyone insist on attacking each others opinions for crying out loud....

Because yours suck

#rekt

Nater
10-31-2013, 12:39 AM
How did this go from how fucking awesome Skeletontits new album is to whatever it is now?!

adamclark52
10-31-2013, 12:52 AM
How did this go from how fucking awesome Skeletontits new album is to whatever it is now?!

Because the second that poor boy opens his mouth it turns into this.

Has anyone heard the new Sepultura yet? I'm still a little burned the tour got cancelled. I was really looking forward to that show.

Spiner202
10-31-2013, 04:12 AM

I guess I'm the only one that wasn't thrilled with the new Skeletonwitch :eyes:

dcmetal108
10-31-2013, 05:51 AM

Because your on the fucking internet.

So Winds of Plague has a new album out...

It's meh.

Sanitarium78
10-31-2013, 07:00 AM

Wow, you really have no idea how an internet message board works do you?

We join a place like this to state our opinions on the music we love and discuss it with other fans. Attacking others people's opinions is a huge part of what goes on not only on this forum, but most internet forums you can find. You need to think before you say something like "the new Steel Panther song has one of the best metal riffs ever". When you say something like that you better be able to defend it. Unfortunately, there is no defending Steel Panther.

You're getting a lot of hate because Steel Panther is a joke of a band. I don't even think their fans take them seriously, let alone the metal community at large. You can't say something about a joke metal band having one of the best metal riffs ever on an internet forum and not expect the members to come after you.

You need to realize what the statement you made about the Steel Panther riff means. By saying it's one of the best metal riffs ever, you're pretty much saying it's either in the same league or better than anything bands like Sabbath, Priest and the big four have done. That may have not been your intention but that's what you're saying when you call that riff one of the all time best in metal. Most of us here take our metal seriously and will call you out when you make statements like that one.

dcmetal108
10-31-2013, 07:15 AM
Wow, you really have no idea how an internet message board works do you?

We join a place like this to state our opinions on the music we love and discuss it with other fans. Attacking others people's opinions is a huge part of what goes on not only on this forum, but most internet forums you can find. You need to think before you say something like "the new Steel Panther song has one of the best metal riffs ever". When you say something like that you better be able to defend it. Unfortunately, there is no defending Steel Panther.

You're getting a lot of hate because Steel Panther is a joke of a band. I don't even think their fans take them seriously, let alone the metal community at large. You can't say something about a joke metal band having one of the best metal riffs ever on an internet forum and not expect the members to come after you.

You need to realize what the statement you made about the Steel Panther riff means. By saying it's one of the best metal riffs ever, you're pretty much saying it's either in the same league or better than anything bands like Sabbath, Priest and the big four have done. That may have not been your intention but that's what you're saying when you call that riff one of the all time best in metal. Most of us here take our metal seriously and will call you out when you make statements like that one.

It's not only about the riff but the fact that he gets so offended when anyone says anything about what he says as if he thinks they are all personal attacks. If there was no arguing, trolling, and telling everyone else they were wrong the internet would be boring.

I mean god damn everyone here has done it/ has had it done to them.

Raven hates everything.
Manks hates some stuff and for some unfuckingknown reason likes J-pop.
We all remember when all I talked about was core (thankfully that has changed).

slapguitarer
10-31-2013, 08:40 AM

:confused:

Coulda fooled me

dcmetal108
10-31-2013, 08:53 AM
:confused:

Coulda fooled me

haha should of worded it different. I went from deathcore to hardcore brah!

TheWildAndTheYoung
10-31-2013, 09:29 AM
Because yours suck

Thank you very much.

Next time I say something about best riffs I'll make sure everyone here approves it.Wait, that would make me care about what people think of my opinions, NOT.

mankvill
10-31-2013, 09:32 AM
It's not only about the riff but the fact that he gets so offended when anyone says anything about what he says as if he thinks they are all personal attacks. If there was no arguing, trolling, and telling everyone else they were wrong the internet would be boring.

I mean god damn everyone here has done it/ has had it done to them.

Raven hates everything.
Manks hates some stuff and for some unfuckingknown reason likes J-pop.

K-pop you fucking philistine

IrritatedTrout
10-31-2013, 09:39 AM

I'm actually in the process of applying to study in Korea, too bad I don't listen to that junk. :boxer:

300%_Density
10-31-2013, 11:31 AM
I'm actually in the process of applying to study in Korea, too bad I don't listen to that junk. :boxer:

Hmm somehow this is a bad thing? I don't see it.

Finally getting a little more caught up. Sepultura is still not making good albums. There was 1 song I was even able to get through. Listened to the whole album and it still did not do anything for me which continues to be the Green-era theme for me. I wanted to like it but it was just boring.

Toxic Holocaust is a little disappointing as well. I loved Conjure & Command. This unfortunately is not doing it much for me either.

adamclark52
10-31-2013, 11:40 AM
Hmm somehow this is a bad thing? I don't see it.

Finally getting a little more caught up. Sepultura is still not making good albums. There was 1 song I was even able to get through. Listened to the whole album and it still did not do anything for me which continues to be the Green-era theme for me. I wanted to like it but it was just boring.

Toxic Holocaust is a little disappointing as well. I loved Conjure & Command. This unfortunately is not doing it much for me either.

I haven't heard to much about the new Sepultura. I was going to buy it to get familiar with the new material before the show in two weeks but...yeah.

I'd imagine I'll pass now unless I see it for cheap or hear some rave reviews.

Ommie
10-31-2013, 01:25 PM
haha should of worded it different. I went from deathcore to hardcore brah!
Damn, I was hoping I could still make fun of you for listening to Oceano!

illuminatus917
10-31-2013, 01:41 PM

To further derail this shit heap of a thread, I was in Korea this past summer for a month studying, and had ample time to absorb the culture, society, etc., and there were two main things I took away from the whole experience:

1. The Korean people are the friendliest, and most beautiful, people I've ever been around hands down.

2. K-pop is an absolute abomination to music.

IrritatedTrout
10-31-2013, 02:14 PM
Awesome, were you in Seoul or another city?

illuminatus917
10-31-2013, 02:18 PM
Awesome, were you in Seoul or another city?

I was in Gwangju almost the entire time, which is a city in the southern part of the country about three hours from Seoul. We took a weekend field trip to Seoul though. It was amazing, and completely overwhelming.

I honestly can't imagine a better country to study abroad in.

illuminatus917
10-31-2013, 02:49 PM
What are you wanting to do there? What kind of program(s) are you looking at?

kalfitegrdan
10-31-2013, 04:01 PM

Man, I thought the new one was great. I liked it more than Conjure & Command definitely. Rat Eater is probably one of their best songs and Out of the Fire is just :rocker:.

300%_Density
10-31-2013, 04:40 PM
Man, I thought the new one was great. I liked it more than Conjure & Command definitely. Rat Eater is probably one of their best songs and Out of the Fire is just :rocker:.

Maybe I just have a different enjoyment of TH. I actually enjoyed C&C more than I did Overdose. I think Overdose is a good album but just prefer C&C more.

IrritatedTrout
10-31-2013, 07:49 PM
What are you wanting to do there? What kind of program(s) are you looking at?

Hoping to study Korean language for two months in Wonju as a part of the State Department's Critical Language Scholarship Program.

kalfitegrdan
10-31-2013, 08:30 PM
Maybe I just have a different enjoyment of TH. I actually enjoyed C&C more than I did Overdose. I think Overdose is a good album but just prefer C&C more.

Makes sense then since this one sounds more akin to Overdose.

illuminatus917
11-01-2013, 03:35 AM
Hoping to study Korean language for two months in Wonju as a part of the State Department's Critical Language Scholarship Program.

I applied for that scholarship to study Arabic two years straight and was eliminated both times in the first round. It's extremely competitive. The more obscure your major the more likely you are to get it.

I learned to speak a little Korean while I was there, but I can't read or write it.

A seemingly awesome language though.

IrritatedTrout
11-01-2013, 07:57 AM
Yeah, I've started memorizing and practicing the Hangul characters. It is interesting.

illuminatus917
11-01-2013, 09:35 AM
Yeah, I've started memorizing and practicing the Hangul characters. It is interesting.

Yeah, that's the great thing about Korean - it's alphabetical. It's bound to be easier than memorizing 3,000 characters.

IrritatedTrout
11-01-2013, 07:52 PM
Yeah, I mean clearly quite a few people know Mandarin :lol:, but I don't know how you even go about trying to learn it as a second language, it seems unbelievably hard.

jhdeity
11-02-2013, 03:07 PM
Yeah, I mean clearly quite a few people know Mandarin :lol:, but I don't know how you even go about trying to learn it as a second language, it seems unbelievably hard.

Get a room you two... hahahaha

illuminatus917
11-02-2013, 03:35 PM
And on top of the fact it's not alphabetical, it's highly phonemic. My professor in Korea could write Chinese because he knew the characters, but couldn't speak it well because he didn't know the tones, which change the meaning of everything. It's hard for an English speaker to learn Arabic because of the phonology, but at least it doesn't have different tones.

Nater
11-04-2013, 05:26 PM
I started the new Kataklysm today and it's miles better then Heaven's Venom

TheWildAndTheYoung
11-05-2013, 02:59 PM
Stryper's No More Hell To Pay was released today, it's sounds bangin'! should have been the follow up To Hell With The Devil.

Nick_to_the_face
11-06-2013, 09:38 AM
I'm REALLY liking the new Greenery album. I've been listening to the new Rotting Out on repeat. Meaning to check out the new Winds of Plague, and am I the only one who wasn't blown away by Live By The Code?

dcmetal108
11-06-2013, 09:38 AM
I'm REALLY liking the new Greenery album. and I've been listening to the new Rotting Out on repeat. Meaning to check out the new Winds of Plague. and am I the only one who wasn't blown away by Live By The Code

Yes.

Ommie
11-06-2013, 11:02 AM
I'm REALLY liking the new Greenery album. I've been listening to the new Rotting Out on repeat. Meaning to check out the new Winds of Plague, and am I the only one who wasn't blown away by Live By The Code?
How is the new Greenery compared to Spit & Argue? I LOVE Spit & Argue and was wondering how they would follow up.

And I thought LBTC was OK. Just a continuation of Keepers of the Faith. I might need to listen to it more though.

MPF
11-06-2013, 11:41 AM
Top 30 As Of 11-6-2013

30.) The Winery Dogs- The Winery Dogs
29.) Twilight Of the Gods- Fire on the Mountain
28.) Amorphis- Circle
27.) Tyr- Valkyrja
26.) For The Imperium- Hail The Monsters
25.) Fates Warning- Darkness in a Different Light
24.) Orphaned Land- All Is One
23.) Scale the Summit- The Migration
22.) Revocation - Revocation
21.) James LaBrie- Impermanent Resonance
20.) Haken- The Mountain
19.) Shaded Emnity- Forsaken and Forgotten
18.) Killswitch Engage- Disarm The Descent
17.) Last Chance To Reason- Level 3
16.) Shining- One One One
15.) Soilwork- The Living Infinite
14.) Alter Bridge- Fortress
13.) Agrypnie- Aetas Cineris
12.) Kayo Dot- Hubardo
11.) The Ocean- Pelagial
10.) Hail of Bullets- III: The Rommel Chronicles
9.) Leprous- Coal
8.) Carcass- Surgical Steel
7.) Deafheaven- Sunbather
6.) Protest The Hero- Volition
5.) In Vain- Ænigma
4.) Clutch- Earth Rocker
3.) Steven Wilson- The Raven That Refused To Sing (and other stories)
2.) Witherscape- The Inheritance
1.) Dream Theater- Dream Theater

mastodon421
11-06-2013, 03:39 PM

Nah, Keepers of the Faith was way better.

300%_Density
11-06-2013, 04:06 PM
Live By The Code was kind of a disappointment IMO. I might even go as far as to say its the weakest album they've put out. But thats just me.

Nick_to_the_face
11-07-2013, 03:30 PM
Live By The Code was kind of a disappointment IMO. I might even go as far as to say its the weakest album they've put out. But thats just me.

I'm almost to that point. But I might just need to listen to it some more.

Nick_to_the_face
11-07-2013, 03:35 PM
How is the new Greenery compared to Spit & Argue? I LOVE Spit & Argue and was wondering how they would follow up.

And I thought LBTC was OK. Just a continuation of Keepers of the Faith. I might need to listen to it more though.

I love it. I actually answered you in the other thread :tongue:

Ommie
11-07-2013, 06:08 PM
I love it. I actually answered you in the other thread :tongue:
Haha yeah I saw that. It seems pretty good. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

dcmetal108
11-07-2013, 09:15 PM
Nah, Keepers of the Faith was way better.

Well that is their best album.