PDA

View Full Version : 2013....

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

mastodon421
06-12-2013, 02:04 PM
Anyone check out the new letlive. song? Not sure how I feel about it. Last album was more intense.

Yeah, I love it. It's definitely a bizarre song, but it's super catchy and unique. I expect the rest of the record to be intense than that song.

kalfitegrdan
06-13-2013, 10:01 AM
Oh yeah, New Harm's Way music video/song (http://lambgoat.com/features/82/Harms-Way-Mind-Control-music-video-premiere) and a new album called "Blinded" coming out next month. :party:

jhdeity
06-13-2013, 11:28 AM
Random thought of the day: I had Stone Sour's House of Gold and Bones Part 1 in my Top 5 last year. Love that cd start to finish.

Why do I not like House of Gold and Bones Part 2 at all? Are they all B-sides or something? I'm starting to think that may be the case.

Some people on here seem to like it but even the radio friendly Do Me A Favor is ok but annoys me for the most part.

Needless to say there is zero chance Part 2 sniffs my Top 10 this year...

larvtard
06-13-2013, 01:52 PM
I can't get enough of this cover (http://planks.bandcamp.com/releases) :drool: Planks covering "A Forest" with Mike Hill from Tombs doing vocals, holy jesus fuck

(much better than Carpatarian Forest's cover, imo)

Crionics
06-13-2013, 02:00 PM
We need more Power Trip (http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJXD9fD62x8) talk.

mankvill
06-13-2013, 02:00 PM
New Power Trip kills everyone in this thread

Crionics
06-13-2013, 02:02 PM
We need more Power Trip (http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJXD9fD62x8) talk.

Brilliant.

DethMaiden
06-13-2013, 02:05 PM
Just ordered the vinyl, fool. Top 5 of the year for sure.

smearCampaign
06-13-2013, 02:34 PM
The new Power Trip is boss. I've only got to see 'em 4 times so far this year. :cool:

New Hatred Surge and Mammoth Grinder are killer too. TX represent. :allan:

jhdeity
06-13-2013, 08:46 PM

The ultimate compliment you can give music when you hear it for the 1st time is to say I can't fucking wait to hear that shit live and jam out like a maniac to it.

That's what I thought about Power Trip the 1st time I heard em. Diggin' the new tune, can't wait to hear the whole new cd.

Onioner
06-13-2013, 11:53 PM
Jeez, something just must not be clicking for me or whatever. I've listened to the album so many times, but I just can't hear what others find so amazing about it. Maybe I'm just not a big enough fan of hardcore?

christopher
06-14-2013, 12:34 AM
Jeez, something just must not be clicking for me or whatever. I've listened to the album so many times, but I just can't hear what others find so amazing about it. Maybe I'm just not a big enough fan of hardcore?

Power Trip is cool. Maybe seeing them live was better but it was karate class for thrash kids.

HipNHap1
06-14-2013, 09:02 AM
I'm sure its already been mentioned, but that new Nails album....holy fuck.

Top 5:

1)One of Us is the Killer - DEP
2)Abandon All Life - Nails
3)Pelagial - The Ocean
4)Wolf - Tyler, the Creator
5)Everblack - BDM

TheWildAndTheYoung
06-14-2013, 01:22 PM
Updated Top 15:

1.The Savage Playground - Crashdiet
2.Screaming For Adrenaline - Santa Cruz
3.Rise Up - W.E.T.
4.The Way Life Goes - Tom Kiefer
5.Nemesis - Stratovarius
6.C'mon Take On Me - Hardcore Superstar
7.The Mystery Of Time - Avantasia
8.Wretched And Divine: The Story Of The Wild Ones - Black Veil Brides
9.Straight Out Of Hell - Helloween
10.Street Level - De La Cruz
11.2013 - Mystery
12.No Second Take - Wildside Riot
13.The Dixie Dead - Wednesday 13
14.Ethera -Visions Of Atlantis
15.More Than One Way Home - Voodoo Circle

Only EPs I've listen to this year so far are Diamond Lane's "Sapphire E.P." and Snakeskyn Whiskey's "Vicious E.P.", but I guess my favorite one would be Snakeskyn Whiskey's EP.

infinitydeth
06-14-2013, 02:17 PM
Updated Top 15:

3.Rise Up - W.E.T.
5.Nemesis - Stratovarius
11.2013 - Mystery
12.Second Take - Wildside Riot
13.The Dixie Dead - Wednesday 13
15.To Beast Or Not To Beast - Lordi

Only EPs I've listen to this year so far is Diamond Lane's "Sapphire E.P." and Snakeskyn Whiskey's "Vicious E.P.", but I guess my favorite one would be Snakeskyn Whiskey's EP.
Avantasia is too low on this list

slapguitarer
06-14-2013, 03:10 PM
YEEZUS IS LORD

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6ibbqBRJS1qf3d7fo1_500.jpg

BloodoftheKings
06-14-2013, 04:09 PM
I listened to Yeezus. It's pretty good/okay.

NickLed19
06-14-2013, 05:00 PM
J Cole>Kanye

DethMaiden
06-14-2013, 05:17 PM
I listened to Yeezus. It's pretty good/okay.

J Cole>Kanye

Coupla heretics gon' get raptured in Yeezus' wake.

ravenheart
06-14-2013, 05:30 PM
4.The Way Life Goes - Tom Kiefer[/I][/B]

No. Just no. That is one patchy motherfucker of an album. It goes from brilliant to fucking awful in the space of two songs.

TheWildAndTheYoung
06-14-2013, 05:32 PM
No. Just no. That is one patchy motherfucker of an album. It goes from brilliant to fucking awful in the space of two songs.

Opinion, opinion, I love it, bottom line,I seriously don't see anything wrong with it.

Avantasia is too low on this list

It probably will be higher on the list as the year goes by, it might be just one of those albums that gets better with more listens for me

ravenheart
06-14-2013, 05:37 PM
Opinion, opinion, I love it, bottom line,I seriously don't see anything wrong with it.

I wanted it to be a good album, because frankly Cinderella are being lazy fucking assholes, but it just isn't. You can be as blinkered and closed-minded about rock music as you want to be, but 'A Different Light', 'Thick And Thin', and several others are terrible songs, and things like 'Solid Ground' are just ridiculous rip-offs of other people.

But 'Ain't That A Bitch', 'Welcome To My Mind' and 'Fool's Paradise' are great. They just show that he could have produced a good album, and failed.

Even if you only like one type of rock music and leave yourself with a small pool of records to choose from, you should still be able to recognise fundamentally bad songs within that pool.

And on top of all of that, the mix is so fucking bad it precludes it from being a great album regardless of the quality of the songs.

ravenheart
06-14-2013, 05:41 PM
It probably will be higher on the list as the year goes by, it might be just one of those albums that gets better with more listens for me

This is definitely the case for me. I mean, it isn't a great album. It's not even Avantasia's best album. But it does get better with each listen, and some of those songs carry over incredibly well live. And fuck me if some of them aren't catchy as hell. Some of them stick with me more than stuff off the last couple of discs even with their two-year head start.

TheWildAndTheYoung
06-14-2013, 05:51 PM
I wanted it to be a good album, because frankly Cinderella are being lazy fucking assholes, but it just isn't. You can be as blinkered and closed-minded about rock music as you want to be, but 'A Different Light', 'Thick And Thin', and several others are terrible songs, and things like 'Solid Ground' are just ridiculous rip-offs of other people.

But 'Ain't That A Bitch', 'Welcome To My Mind' and 'Fool's Paradise' are great. They just show that he could have produced a good album, and failed.

Ok, I'm just going to change my mind about this album and agree with what you say and hate it.Wait a minute, I just remember something, o yea it's YOUR OPINION, not mine.You're basically trying to change my opinion about music, and insulting me is not gonna do any help.Besides, "A Different Light" is actually one of the best songs on the album IMO.I don't want any arguments, just trying to state that your opinion is your opinion as is mine, and you shouldn't try to change my opinion and I shouldn't try to change your opinion.Fact is, no music is factually good or bad, there is always gonna be someone in the world that likes or dislikes that music.

That being said, Cinderella have been EXTREMELY lazy in my opinion and need to make some more new music, but Tom did hint awhile back (don't remember when) that Cinderella would be releasing new material, nothing official, but I guess we can just keep our fingers crossed.

TheWildAndTheYoung
06-14-2013, 06:08 PM
This is definitely the case for me. I mean, it isn't a great album. It's not even Avantasia's best album. But it does get better with each listen, and some of those songs carry over incredibly well live. And fuck me if some of them aren't catchy as hell. Some of them stick with me more than stuff off the last couple of discs even with their two-year head start.

Yea your right, The Metal Opera Part II is their best album IMO, and this definitely doesn't top it.I'm listening to the whole thing again right now, and it certainly has potential to get a higher rank.I agree that not a lot of them are catchy, but the ones that are catchy sure are! (Spectres, Sleepwalking, The Great Mystery), and maybe it's just me, but the album has a slight hint of 80's AOR sound, of course that could be the fact that Tobias is a 80's music fan, or Michael Kiske (who plays in an 80's sounding AOR band now) had a hand in about two tracks, or it's just me trying to find 80's in everything:lol:

slapguitarer
06-14-2013, 06:13 PM
omg guise the 80s r ovur, strt listinin 2 sum real metal

TheWildAndTheYoung
06-14-2013, 06:18 PM
omg guise the 80s r ovur, strt listinin 2 sum real metal

*facepalms* why must everyone spark an argument every time I mention something about the 80's? Listen, I wasn't there when the 80's happened, so no, I won't stop listening to music I like, but thanks for asking! I'll change my sentence from 80's AOR to 2000's AOR, will that makes things better for you? And I would really like know, what REAL metal bands would you suggest o master of metal?

mankvill
06-14-2013, 06:20 PM
did yeezus leak? remind me to stay off of /mu/ for about a month

slapguitarer
06-14-2013, 06:21 PM
not 1s stuck in te 80s

mankvill
*facepalms* why must everyone spark an argument every time I mention something about the 80's? Listen, I wasn't there when the 80's happened, so no, I won't stop listening to music I like, but thanks for asking! I'll change my sentence from 80's AOR to 2000's AOR, will that makes things better for you? And I would really like know, what REAL metal bands would you suggest o master of metal?

here's some honest advice: stop biting on troll bait and you will have a much better time on this forum

slapguitarer

Yes. Enjoy your vacation

TheWildAndTheYoung
06-14-2013, 06:23 PM
here's some honest advice: stop biting on troll bait and you will have a much better time on this forum

that's good advice :lol:

Onioner
06-14-2013, 06:33 PM

Spoilsport.

BloodoftheKings
06-14-2013, 07:48 PM

http://rbt.asia/boards/mu/img/0371/45/1371191224120.png

HandOfDoom
06-14-2013, 08:20 PM
Updated Top 10

1. Clutch - Earth Rocker
2. Kylesa - Ultra Violet
3. Jex Thoth - Blood Moon Rise
4. Queens of the Stone Age - ...Like Clockwork
5. Intronaut - Habitual Levitation's
6. Alice in Chains - The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here
7. Colossus - Wake
8. Black Sabbath - 13
9. Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats - Mind Control
10. A Pale Horse Named Death - Lay My Soul To Waste

mastodon421
06-14-2013, 09:30 PM
YEEZUS IS LORD

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6ibbqBRJS1qf3d7fo1_500.jpg

God damn right and I fucking HATE Kanye's other material.

XDoomsayerX
06-15-2013, 08:20 PM
Listened to the new TBDM album on the drive home from my gf's and shit was sexy, def had a half chub throughout the drive. :D

Also Deafheaven is so fucking beautiful, Sunbather and Roads to Judah. :drool: Shout out to Pablo(elturtleboy) for showing em to me. May the lord bless you with the finest women in the land to fornicate in! :fist: :party: :tongue:

adamclark52
06-16-2013, 03:31 PM
I'm a bit late to the game, but that new Nails album 'Abandon All Life' is fucking insanely good.

adamclark52
06-18-2013, 11:50 AM
I'm late to the game on this one too, but the new Immolation is really good. Not "fucking awesome" (like their last album) but "really good".

XDoomsayerX
06-18-2013, 12:39 PM
Yeezus is dope and new letlive. hits fucking hard, first listen but it sounded super catchy!

kalfitegrdan
06-19-2013, 09:03 AM
Apparently they released Ghoul's covers EP for digital purchase a couple days ago. I just grabbed it. It's only $3.

dcmetal108
06-19-2013, 10:51 AM
New Alkaline Trio is fucking phenomenal.

Crionics
06-19-2013, 06:46 PM
Mid-Year Top 10

1. Power Trip- Manifest Decimation
2. Nails- Abandon All Life
3. Magic Circle- Magic Circle
4. Vhφl- Vhol
5. Avantasia- The Mystery of Time
6. Stratovarius- Nemesis
7. Deafheaven- Sunbather
8. Alice In Chains- The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here
9. Suffocation- Pinnacle of Bedlam
10. Inter Arma- Sky Burial

XDoomsayerX
06-21-2013, 03:51 PM
Top 1 for me thus far:
letlive.-The Blackest Beautiful(holy shit Dreamer's Disease :bowdown: :drool:)

New TSSF and Deafheaven are up there as well.

Also new Sabbath was aight got bored but last 2 songs were cool.

adamclark52
06-21-2013, 07:29 PM
I guess my top ten of the year is this, so far. I don't hear a quarter of the music most of you guys do. The top three are the only ones I've LOVED. And two make take over ones spot.

1. Rotting Christ - Κατά τον δαίμονα εαυτού
2. Nails – Abandon All Life
3. Sigur Ros – Brennisteinn EP
4. Abyssal - Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius
5. Immolation – Kingdom of Conspiracy
6. Light Bearer - Silver Tongue
7. Octavius – Anxiocity
8. Portal – Vexovoid
9. Dillinger Escape Plan – One of Us is the Killer
10. Suffocation – Pinnacle of Bedlam

kalfitegrdan
06-21-2013, 10:46 PM
I guess my top ten of the year is this, so far. I don't hear a quarter of the music most of you guys do. The top three are the only ones I've LOVED. And two make take over ones spot.

1. Rotting Christ - Κατά τον δαίμονα εαυτού
2. Nails – Abandon All Life
3. Sigur Ros – Brennisteinn EP
4. Abyssal - Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius
5. Immolation – Kingdom of Conspiracy
6. Light Bearer - Silver Tongue
7. Octavius – Anxiocity
8. Portal – Vexovoid
9. Dillinger Escape Plan – One of Us is the Killer
10. Suffocation – Pinnacle of Bedlam

:fist: Dude, yes! That Abyssal album is so damn good. Nails album also absolutely kills.

adamclark52
06-22-2013, 04:30 AM
:fist: Dude, yes! That Abyssal album is so damn good. Nails album also absolutely kills.

I think it's everything the new Portal wasn't. I was a little disappointed by Portal.

And Nails makes me say "Pig Dest-who?". I love EVERYTHING about that album. Right down to the band picture in the booklet. Those guys are scarier than any cheesy black metal band.

OraclesofAgony
06-22-2013, 07:30 PM
Who has heard of the Pentagram from Chile?

Lock Up posted this on their Facebook page last night https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4krNvSBGvBk

And I've been hooked on this song ever since.

I guess this will be their first full-length as they've only had demos in the past, and I'm really looking forward to it now.

dcmetal108
06-23-2013, 06:57 PM
Autopsy and Havok leaked.

XDoomsayerX
06-24-2013, 11:10 AM
New Norma Jean is siiiick! :rocker:

John The Drummer
06-24-2013, 12:56 PM
Who has heard of the Pentagram from Chile?

Lock Up posted this on their Facebook page last night https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4krNvSBGvBk

And I've been hooked on this song ever since.

I guess this will be their first full-length as they've only had demos in the past, and I'm really looking forward to it now.

They fucking slayed at MDF last year :rocker:

MPF
06-25-2013, 01:09 PM
My Top 50 ALBUMS of 2013 as of 6-25-2013 (THE HALF YEAR REPORT!) :

50.) Incura- Incura
49.) WOE- Withdrawal
48.) Hypocrisy- End of Disclosure
47.) Anciients- Heart of Oak
46.) Sevendust- Black Out The Sun
45.) Blood of God- The Fall And Rise of Man
44.) Polkadot Cadaver- Last Call in Jonestown
43.) Immolation- Kingdom of Conspiracy
42.) Death Dealer- War Master
41.) Palms- Palms
40.) Vreid - Welcome Farewell
39.) Boris- Prδparat
38.) The Winery Dogs- The Winery Dogs
37.) Portal- Vexovoid
36.) Bad Religion- True North
35.) Orphaned Land- All Is One
34.) Iron Reagan- Worse Than Dead
33.) The Dillinger Escape Plan- One of Us Is the Killer
32.) Blood Ceremony- The Eldritch Dark
31.) Amon Amarth- Deceiver of the Gods
30.) Arsis- Unwelcome
29.) Dreamshade- The Gift Of Life
28.) Dug Pinnick- Naked
27.) The Dear Hunter - Migrant
26.) Queensryche- Queensryche
25.) Tokyo Shoegazer- Turnaround
24.) Ghost- Infestissumam
23.) TesseracT- Altered State
22.) Omnium Gatherum- Beyond
21.) Sons of Aeon- Sons of Aeon
20.) Ancient VVisdom- Deathlike
19.) Alice In Chains- The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here
18.) The Ocean- Pelagial
17.) Amorphis- Circle
16.) For The Imperium- Hail The Monsters
15.) Lightning Swords Of Death- Baphometic Chaosium
14.) Scale the Summit- The Migration
13.) Persefone- Spiritual Migration
12.) Soilwork- The Living Infinite
11.) Shining- One One One
10.) The Black Dahlia Murder- Everblack
9.) Long Distance Calling- The Flood Inside
8.) Killswitch Engage- Disarm The Descent
7.) Agrypnie- Aetas Cineris
6.) Extol- Extol
5.) Deafheaven- Sunbather
4.) In Vain- Ζnigma
3.) Leprous- Coal
2.) Steven Wilson- The Raven That Refused To Sing (and other stories)
1.) Clutch- Earth Rocker

darkguardian50
06-25-2013, 07:18 PM
Orphaned Land's new album should be much much higher on that list. Freaking fantastic album. Definitely my album of the year thus far. :rocker:

In all honesty though my list is pretty similar just different running order :)

MPF
06-25-2013, 07:34 PM
Orphaned Land's new album should be much much higher on that list. Freaking fantastic album. Definitely my album of the year thus far. :rocker:

In all honesty though my list is pretty similar just different running order :)

Thanks man.

I just got to listen to the new Orphaned Land yesterday, so it's gonna take time for that to move up.

Spiner202
06-26-2013, 12:34 PM
I'm not sure if anybody here is familiar with Humiliation, but they are some mighty fine Bolt Thrower worship. I could see a lot of people really liking their new album, "Turbulence From The Deep".

BloodoftheKings
06-26-2013, 12:50 PM
El-P and Killer Mike just released their new collab album for free. Definitely the best hip hop album I've heard this year, maybe my AOTY so far.

http://foolsgoldrecs.com/runthejewels/

mastodon421
06-26-2013, 12:52 PM
El-P and Killer Mike just released their new collab album for free. Definitely the best hip hop album I've heard this year, maybe my AOTY so far.

http://foolsgoldrecs.com/runthejewels/

Listened it to earlier, great record and the fact that's is free is fucking awesome.

OraclesofAgony
06-26-2013, 02:46 PM
The new Deeds of Flesh is tits.

And oh man, the new Autopsy.... :drool::drool::drool:

Definitely better than Macabre Eternal.

w00tasaurus
06-27-2013, 06:41 AM
new autopsy is awesome

how come ramming speed hasn't leaked when there's a stream of it?

mastodon421
06-27-2013, 02:19 PM
New August Burns Red is badass. Take the experimentation of Leveler further will adding the really powerful breakdowns of Messengers, very well could be their best work to-date.

dcmetal108
06-27-2013, 09:17 PM
New August Burns Red is badass. Take the experimentation of Leveler further will adding the really powerful breakdowns of Messengers, very well could be their best work to-date.

Damn! I really want to hear it now!

SomewhereInTime72
06-28-2013, 12:20 AM
Holy shit I checked out the new Dark Tranquillity expecting to be underwhelmed (last album was super weak and their style has definitely worn out its welcome). But its freaking awesome. They knew well enough to evolve their sound, and executed it wonderfully.

AllMediaReviews
06-29-2013, 08:27 AM
2013 Midyear Report:
http://allmediareviews.blogspot.com/2013/06/2013-mid-year-albums-countdown.html

the 2 albums active on my playlist of late:

The Red Paintings - The Revolution is Never Coming
Daft Punk - Random Access Memories

also since that was posted:
Orphaned Land - All Is One

The Metal albums include:
In Vain - Ζnigma
Persepone - Spiritual Migration
For the Imperium - Hail the Monsters
Cynthesis - ReEvolution
Leprous - Coal
Subterranean Masquerade - Home/Beyond the Pale/That Night

DethMaiden
06-30-2013, 10:15 AM
OK, I'll bite, here's my halftime report.

1. Mount Moriah - Miracle Temple
2. The National - Trouble Will Find Me
3. Portal - Vexovoid
4. Power Trip - Manifest Decimation
5. Kanye West - Yeezus
6. Deafheaven - Sunbather
7. Mouth of the Architect - Dawning
8. Phosphorescent - Muchacho
9. Blood Ceremony - The Eldritch Dark
10. Ghost - Infestissumam
11. Altar of Plagues - Teethed Glory & Injury
12. Wolf People - Fain
13. Locrian - Return to Annihilation
14. Man's Gin - Rebellion Hymns
15. Wrekmeister Harmonies - You've Always Meant So Much to Me
16. Coliseum - Sister Faith
17. Cathedral - The Last Spire
18. Darkthrone - The Underground Resistance
19. Mammoth Grinder- Underworlds
20. Pharmakon - Abandon

es156
06-30-2013, 01:45 PM
My Top 50 ALBUMS of 2013 as of 6-25-2013 (THE HALF YEAR REPORT!) :

The new Riverside disc doesn't even crack your top 50? Man, I love that disc and it will most likely make my top 3.

mastodon421
06-30-2013, 02:48 PM
I'll join the mid-year cult. I've heard 41 records so far and I have 30+ I want to check out that I haven't yet.

1.Killswitch Engage-Disarm the Descent
2.The Dillinger Escape Plan-One of Us Is the Killer
3.Hope for the Dying-Aletheia
4.The Black Dahlia Murder-Everblack
5.The Ocean-Pelagial
6.August Burns Red-Rescue & Restore
7.Hatebreed-The Divinity of Purpose
8.Clutch-Earth Rocker
9.Run the Jewels-Run the Jewels
10.The Wonder Years-The Greatest Generation
11.Suffocation-Pinnacle of Bedlam
12.Kanye West-Yeezus
13.Intronaut-Habitual Levitations
14.Rob Zombie-Venomous Rat Regeneration Vendor
15.Finntroll-Bloodsvept
16.Czarface-Czarface
17.letlive.-The Blackest Beautiful
18.Coheed and Cambria-The Afterman: Descension
19.Children of Bodom-Halo of Blood
20.Tyler, The Creator-Wolf

Spiner202
06-30-2013, 03:55 PM
I'm at 48 releases this year so far. Here's my current top 10:

1. Avantasia - the Mystery of Time
2. Stratovarius - Nemesis
3. Gloryhammer - Tales From The Kingdom of Fife
4. Helloween - Straight Out Of Hell
5. Rocka Rollas - Metal Strikes Back
6. Holy Grail - Ride The Void
7. Screamer - Phoenix
8. Blazon Stone - Return to Port Royal
9. Hatchet - Dawn of the End
10. Satan - Life Sentence

daimonos
06-30-2013, 04:21 PM
Halfway through the year, I guess that my top 10 is comprised of these bands, in no particular order...

Batillus
Black Sabbath
Blood Ceremony
Burzum
Church of Misery
Clutch
Complete Failure
Darkthrone
Queens of the Stone Age
Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats

MPF
06-30-2013, 06:25 PM
The new Riverside disc doesn't even crack your top 50? Man, I love that disc and it will most likely make my top 3.

I never really got into Riverside. the only album I kinda dig is Second Life Syndrome.

es156
06-30-2013, 07:08 PM
I never really got into Riverside. the only album I kinda dig is Second Life Syndrome.

Ah, for some reason I thought you listened to them. Have you heard the Sound of Contact disc yet?

MPF
06-30-2013, 08:53 PM
Ah, for some reason I thought you listened to them. Have you heard the Sound of Contact disc yet?

I haven't actually.

HeavyMetalBuffalo
07-01-2013, 12:00 PM
Ashes Of Ares just released information about their debut album. This is one release I am looking forward to this year. http://www.nuclearblast.de/en/label/music/news/details/3065856.ashes-of-ares-reveal-album-title-cover.html

slapguitarer
07-01-2013, 02:17 PM
http://pitchfork.com/advance/154-around/

Pitchfork is streaming the new Whirr album

If you like shoegaze, listen to these dudes.

DethMaiden
07-01-2013, 02:25 PM
New Autopsy is fucking killer:

http://www.invisibleoranges.com/2013/07/album-stream-autopsy-the-headless-ritual/

TheWildAndTheYoung
07-01-2013, 07:54 PM
Just listened to Skillet's new Rise album expecting the worse, but it was a surprisingly solid record.Though a lot of the vocal melodies sound repeated from the previous album (Jen Ledgers in particular), the guitar playing is probably the best then any other album in their discography (at least check out "Circus For A Psycho" to hear the best riff in any Skillet song).They pretty much have shed all of their alternative metal sounds and have really just become a simple hard rock band.

NickLed19
07-01-2013, 08:12 PM
I want Jen Ledger to blow me.

kalfitegrdan
07-02-2013, 07:06 AM
I've listened to 60 albums so far this year. Here's the top half of 'em.

1. Nails - Abandon All Life
2. Darkthrone - The Underground Resistance
3. The Black Dahlia Murder - Everblack
4. Incendiary - Cost of Living
5. Abyssal - Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius
6. Sorcery - Arrival at Six
7. Satan - Life Sentence
8. Cloud Rat - Moksha
9. Power Trip - Manifest Decimation
10. Kanye West - Yeezus
11. Howl - Bloodlines
12. Mindmaze - Mask of Lies
13. Blockheads - This World is Dead
14. Entrails - Raging Death
15. Rotting Out - The Wrong Way
16. Iron Reagan - Worse Than Dead
17. Deafheaven - Sunbather
18. Immolation - Kingdom of Conspiracy
19. Children of Bodom - Halo of Blood
20. Baptists - Bushcraft
21. Hypocrisy - End of Disclosure
22. Ghost - Infestissumam
23. Church of Misery - Thy Kingdom Scum
24. The Ocean - Pelagial
25. Kvelertak - Meir
26. Cathedral - The Last Spire
27. Clutch - Earth Rocker
28. Vicious Rumors - Electric Punishment
29. Portal - Vexovoid
30. Sacriphyx - The Western Front

I still have a bunch of stuff that I still need to hear, the new Sabbath being at the top of my list.

BloodoftheKings
07-02-2013, 04:54 PM
1. Kurt Vile - Wakin on a Pretty Daze
2. Killer Mike & El-P - Run the Jewels
3. Pissed Jeans - Honeys
4. Iceage - You're Nothing
5. My Bloody Valentine - m b v
6. Kvelertak - Meir
7. Ceephax - Cro Magnox
8. Intronaut - Habitual Levitations
9. The Uncluded - Hokey Fright
10. Tokyo Shoegazer - Turnaround
11. Boris - Praparat
12. Tomahawk - Oddfellows
13. Billy Woods - Dour Candy
14. This Routine is Hell - Howl
15. Kylesa - Ultraviolet

I can't say I've been very impressed with much this year. Still need to listen to Boards of Canada, Autechre, Autopsy, Black Dahlia Murder, Clutch, Amon Amarth, and Power Trip's new albums.

slapguitarer
07-03-2013, 11:43 AM
http://www.cvltnation.com/exclusive-cvlt-nation-streaming-lycus-tempest/

Stream the new Lycus here. They're a funeral doom band from the bay area.

larvtard
07-03-2013, 12:53 PM
http://pitchfork.com/advance/154-around/

Pitchfork is streaming the new Whirr album

If you like shoegaze, listen to these dudes.

:rocker: I'm gonna see 'em with Nothing, so excited.

BTW slap you should listen to Hierophant (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViZaQtxKvVU) if you haven't heard them.

Um, speaking of mid-year top 10 lists... I just posted one last month but whatever a couple things have shifted around I guess.
1. nick cave
2. psychic ills
3. this town needs guns
4. power trip
5. KEN mode
6. iceage
7. Ghostface killah & adrian younge
8. implodes
9. children of god
10. either savages or kylesa. I'm not great at specific rankings...

slapguitarer
07-03-2013, 01:18 PM
Hierophant is sounding pretty good. Thanks for the rec.

hellawaits77ny
07-05-2013, 06:47 AM
Slam out of Peru :

Cotard Syndrome - Negation Delirium (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sf1WxAPTmj8)

Not bad

Maideneer
07-05-2013, 02:54 PM
I'm so glad Amon Amarth, Bodom, Dark Tranquillity, Hypocrisy, My Dying Bride, Burzum, Amorphis, and Soilwork are still making amazing music here in 2013. It feels great to say that, I've "been with" most of these bands when they used to sell like 6 copies in the U.S. and live shows were just an impossible dream.

I remember Amon Amarth being advertised to play at Lamour in Brooklyn somewhere around 2001-2002 but they wouldn't go on until 4am or something. It was like $10 and I don't think they showed up because of Visa problems...something like that.

I literally remember listening to COB's Hatebreeder/Tokyo Warhearts (the original Japanese box set which cost like $100) in a basement thinking "this is never going to get big". I had access to Soundscan at the time and Hatebreeder sold something ridiculous like 500 copies total. 2003 is really when things started to change...COB/Hypocrisy/Dimmu U.S. tour right before Christmas really opened things up for the scene and things would never be the same, now it's as popular as anything.

Glad they are doing well, all of these bands.

hellawaits77ny
07-06-2013, 10:18 AM
Slam from Sweden

Vomitous - Empires of Great Enslavement (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkpdjJmnXSA)

hb420
07-06-2013, 07:19 PM

Amazing album! :rocker:
Between this and the Ephemeros debut it will be a fantastic funeral doom summer.

w00tasaurus
07-07-2013, 06:11 PM
I see Nails labelled as hardcore, so I haven't listened to them. Should I?

slapguitarer
07-07-2013, 07:07 PM
It's a 17 minute album. Just give it a shot.

mankvill
07-07-2013, 07:18 PM

It's the hatdest hardcore you'll ever hear

hellawaits77ny
07-07-2013, 07:57 PM
If anyone even remotely likes any aspects of slam, you've gotta check these dudes from Slovakia out :

Craniotomy - Supply of Flesh Came Just In Time (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXDiHeADzF0)

This is some slammin-ass shit right here, my boys.

kalfitegrdan
07-07-2013, 10:07 PM
Slam from Sweden

Vomitous - Empires of Great Enslavement (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkpdjJmnXSA)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

adamclark52
07-08-2013, 11:50 AM

yes

christopher
07-08-2013, 01:28 PM

yes! It's such an awesome album. Also, I'm proud to say I got a lot of people on this board into Nails :D

anomynous
07-09-2013, 07:52 AM
That Lord Dying album is pretty killer.

XDoomsayerX
07-09-2013, 11:51 AM
New Augsust Burns Red album is aight and the El-P and Killer Mike collaboration is pretty good stuff.

TheWildAndTheYoung
07-09-2013, 04:28 PM
just found a band called Voodoo Circle, and their new album released this year called More Than One Way Home is pretty good.If you like Whitesnake you'll most likely like them, because they're pretty much a total Whitesnake rip off, but hey I love Whitesnake so I like these guys.

hb420
07-09-2013, 06:17 PM
Just got the new Exhumed and Revocation in my inbox today. :party:
Should be a fun night. :rocker:

MPF
07-09-2013, 07:37 PM
Just got the new Exhumed and Revocation in my inbox today. :party:
Should be a fun night. :rocker:

You too eh? can't wait to check them out as well.

XDoomsayerX
07-10-2013, 07:03 PM
New Real Friends and Citizen are both fucking solid albums! :party:

dcmetal108
07-10-2013, 07:47 PM
New Real Friends and Citizen are both fucking solid albums! :party:

Link for Real Friends plezzzz!

XDoomsayerX
07-10-2013, 08:54 PM
So new KSE is the tits. Catchy, cool solos and Jesse Leach just being beast. Not sure why I didnt originally dig it.

Rocco44
07-11-2013, 09:50 AM

Solid stuff. Very Mournful Congregation-esque. I'm looking forward to seeing them next week.

hb420
07-11-2013, 12:48 PM
New Exhumed after a few listens seems like a step down from All Guts, No Glory. :hecho: New Revocation album however is definitely great, probably my favorite album of theirs. :drool: The Primitive album is one of the heaviest fucking things I've heard all year. So crushingly violent blackened doom of the utmost hate.

MPF
07-11-2013, 04:47 PM
New Exhumed after a few listens seems like a step down from All Guts, No Glory. :hecho: New Revocation album however is definitely great, probably my favorite album of theirs. :drool: The Primitive album is one of the heaviest fucking things I've heard all year. So crushingly violent blackened doom of the utmost hate.

I haven't been able to give both albums a full chance yet. But Exhumed is fantastic to my ears and Revocation from what I've heard, while a bit more simple, is fucking awesome and one of the best albums of the year!

BloodoftheKings
07-11-2013, 06:12 PM
New Exhumed after a few listens seems like a step down from All Guts, No Glory. :hecho:

Bummer.

On a related note, I like the new Autopsy but I don't see why so many people think it's better than Macabre Eternal. It honestly feels a little lacking compared to that album.

Spiner202
07-11-2013, 06:14 PM
Bummer.

On a related note, I like the new Autopsy but I don't see why so many people think it's better than Macabre Eternal. It honestly feels a little lacking compared to that album.

I think the songwriting isn't quite as strong, but it's a lot more listenable than ME because it isn't 65 minutes.

Onioner
07-12-2013, 03:26 AM
Sunbather is absolutely incredible, I finally picked it up today. I am a fool for not owning and basking in this album since the day it came out. A foolish, foolish fool.

hellawaits77ny
07-12-2013, 04:43 AM
New Pearl Jam tune isn't horrible. Sorry if it's been posted already:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhODYyZVL6Y&feature=player_embedded

hellawaits77ny
07-12-2013, 05:43 AM
The 13 albums I've listened to enough to judge, so far:

1) Soilwork – The Living Infinite
1) Terror – Live By The Code
3) Devourment – Conceived In Sewage
4) Black Sabbath – 13
5) Katelpsy – Autopsychosis
6) Ghost - Infestissuman
7) Killswitch Engage – Disarm The Descent
8) Hatebreed – The Divinity of Purpose
9) Vulvectomy – Abusing Dismembered Beauties
10) Cotard Syndrome – Suggestion of the Last Days
11) Defeated Sanity – Passages Into Deformity
12) Megadeth – Supercollider
13) Jungle Rot – Terror Regime

TheWildAndTheYoung
07-12-2013, 09:35 AM
Just listened to a couple of tracks off of White Wizzard's new one, and they rock :rocker: definitely going to have to listen to the whole thing

Onioner
07-12-2013, 01:22 PM
Just listened to a couple of tracks off of White Wizzard's new one, and they rock :rocker: definitely going to have to listen to the whole thing

Yeah dude it's a badass album! Will Wallner's solo on Kings of the Highway is basically an orgasm.

slapguitarer
07-12-2013, 01:23 PM
Sunbather is absolutely incredible, I finally picked it up today. I am a fool for not owning and basking in this album since the day it came out. A foolish, foolish fool.

Nice! I'm gonna pick it up on wax at the show this Monday!

Onioner
07-12-2013, 02:16 PM
Nice! I'm gonna pick it up on wax at the show this Monday!

Lucky! The LA show is sold out :(

slapguitarer
07-12-2013, 02:22 PM

SF sold out a couple of day ago. I remember them tweeting about it getting close to sold out like two weeks ago so I got my tickets ASAP after I saw that. Unfortunately one of my pals wasn't so lucky

Onioner
07-12-2013, 04:37 PM
SF sold out a couple of day ago. I remember them tweeting about it getting close to sold out like two weeks ago so I got my tickets ASAP after I saw that. Unfortunately one of my pals wasn't so lucky

Damn, that sucks! Solo adventures can still be a lot of fun though, I've definitely done my fair share of those in LA.

Also the new Trouble album is good. Not great, but decent hard rock with the occasional doom riff. The first song, When the Sky Comes Down is fantastic, the rest range from okay to enjoyable.

Rocco44
07-12-2013, 06:30 PM

Moved to Echoplex, you're good. :party:

New Defeater is up on bandcamp. Pretty damn good.

http://bridge9.bandcamp.com/album/letters-home

TheWildAndTheYoung
07-12-2013, 07:36 PM
Yeah dude it's a badass album! Will Wallner's solo on Kings of the Highway is basically an orgasm.

lol:D

Would you say it's better than the previous two? Flying Tigers was just a beast of an album, and Over The Top was a stellar debut. Of course High Speed GTO was amazing to.

XDoomsayerX
07-13-2013, 06:56 PM
Moved to Echoplex, you're good. :party:

New Defeater is up on bandcamp. Pretty damn good.

http://bridge9.bandcamp.com/album/letters-home

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

Onioner
07-14-2013, 12:21 AM
lol:D

Would you say it's better than the previous two? Flying Tigers was just a beast of an album, and Over The Top was a stellar debut. Of course High Speed GTO was amazing to.

I liked Flying Tigers a bit until Jon Leon pointed out to me that there are basically no cool guitar solos on it, that kinda ruined the album for me. Over the Top is all around fantastic. The only thing is that it tries so hard to be old-school, whereas The Devils Cut sounds a lot more natural. Not to mention the guitar playing on The Devils Cut is awesome as fuck.

GTO is its own special entity to me. It sounds nothing like other White Wizzard albums, and it doesn't sound contrived at all even though Over the Top kind of does to me. Basically I think The Devils Cut is the best White Wizzard album so far, and trying to compare it to GTO is apples and oranges.

TheWildAndTheYoung
07-14-2013, 04:56 PM
A slightly revised top 15:

3.Rise Up - W.E.T.
5.Nemesis - Stratovarius
11.2013 - Mystery
13.Devil's Cut - White Wizzard
15.More Than One Way Home - Voodoo Circle

Nater
07-15-2013, 12:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iU9YM1Lfvt8

I didn't know they could get worse.

jhdeity
07-15-2013, 02:26 PM
The 13 albums I've listened to enough to judge, so far:

1) Soilwork – The Living Infinite
1) Terror – Live By The Code
3) Devourment – Conceived In Sewage
4) Black Sabbath – 13
5) Katelpsy – Autopsychosis
6) Ghost - Infestissuman
7) Killswitch Engage – Disarm The Descent
8) Hatebreed – The Divinity of Purpose
9) Vulvectomy – Abusing Dismembered Beauties
10) Cotard Syndrome – Suggestion of the Last Days
11) Defeated Sanity – Passages Into Deformity
12) Megadeth – Supercollider
13) Jungle Rot – Terror Regime

Man that Jungle Rot must be really fucking bad if it's rated below MegaDave Nustain's abomination of a cd. I personally thought Endgame was way overrated but in hindsight This Day We Fight might be the last great song we ever hear from that shitball of a band. Sad...

hellawaits77ny
07-16-2013, 04:43 AM
Man that Jungle Rot must be really fucking bad if it's rated below MegaDave Nustain's abomination of a cd. I personally thought Endgame was way overrated but in hindsight This Day We Fight might be the last great song we ever hear from that shitball of a band. Sad...

Either could be last. JR was just SO boring and monotonous, it was hard to listen to a second time. Supercollider, as bad as it is, at least have some songs that didn't hurt to listen to more than once.

hellawaits77ny
07-16-2013, 09:42 AM
Any of you death metal fans should check this out. Been out since Feb, but it get's better with every listen. Brutal death metal w/ aspects of slam, tech death, grind. Just solid, solid stuff.

Katalepsy - Autopsychosis (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxY-jj7CpyE)

slapguitarer
07-16-2013, 06:34 PM
1. Light Bearer – Sliver Tongue
2. Children of God – We Set Fire To The Sky
3. Deafhheaven - Sunbather
4. My Bloody Valentine – m b v
5. Fen – Dustwalker
6. Nails – Abandon All Life
7. Intronaut – Habitual Levitations
8. This Town Needs Guns – 13.0.0.0.0
9. Usnea – Usnea
10. Vhol – Vhol
11. Lord Dying – Summon the Faithless
12. Kylesa – Ultraviolet
13. Lycus - Tempest
14. Run The Jewels – Run The Jewels
15. Purson – The Circle and the Blue Bear
16. Autopsy – The Headless Ritual
17. The World Is A Beautiful Place & I Am No Longer Afraid to Die – Whenever, If Ever
18. Boris – Prδparat
19. The Ocean – Pelagial
20. Kanye West – Yeezus
21. Anciients – Heart of Oak
22. Leucosis – Leucosis
23. Black Sabbath – 13
24. Quasimoto – Yessir Whatever
25. Chance The Rapper – Acid Rap

My top 25 as of now in the year. Besides the top 10, the rest can fluctuate from time to time

Spiner202
07-16-2013, 07:26 PM
Unlike their debut album, the new Diamond Plate is not a complete train-wreck. It's actually pretty good, though I get the feeling a lot of people won't like it because it isn't insanely fast the whole time.

kalfitegrdan
07-16-2013, 08:17 PM
Unlike their debut album, the new Diamond Plate is not a complete train-wreck. It's actually pretty good, though I get the feeling a lot of people won't like it because it isn't insanely fast the whole time.

The new songs I heard live sounded pretty bad.

Rocco44
07-16-2013, 08:20 PM
I didn't spend too much time on order and quite a few of these albums need many more spins.

1. Light Bearer – Silver Tongue
2. Deafheaven - Sunbather
3. The Fall of Every Season – Amends
4. Steven Wilson – The Raven That Refused To Sing
5. Cult of Luna – Vertikal
6. The National – Trouble Will Find Me
7. Sigur Ros - Kveikur
8. Woe - Withdrawal
9. And So I Watch You From Afar – All Hail Bright Futures
10. Magic Circle – Magic Circle
11. Amorphis - Circle
12. Omnium Gatherum – Beyond
13. Clutch – Earth Rocker
14. Encircling Sea – A Forgotten Land
15. Queens of the Stone Age - … Like Clockwork
16. Scale The Summit – The Migration
17. Caladan Brood – Echoes of Battle
18. Imperium Dekadenz – Meadows of Nostalgia
19. Darkthrone – The Underground Resistance
20. Kalmah – Seventh Swamphony
21. Vhol – Vhol
22. Defeater – Letters Home
23. Batillus – Concrete Sustain
24. Kowloon Walled City – Container Ships
25. Kvelertak – Meir
26. Kongh – Sole Creation
27. Mouth of the Architect - Dawning
28. City & Colour – The Hurry and the Harm
29. Kylesa – Ultra Violet
30. Killswitch Engage – Disarm The Descent
31. Palms - Palms
32. October Falls – A Plague of a Coming Age
33. Magister Templi – Lucifer Leviathan Logos
34. Adora Vivos – Toward The Empyrean
35. Conny Ochs – Black Happy
36. Amon Amarth – Deceiver of the Gods
37. Misery Signals – Absent Light
38. James Blake - Overgrown
39. The Ocean - Pelagial
40. Long Distance Calling – The Flood Inside
41. Soilwork – The Living Infinite
42. August Burns Red – Rescue & Restore

Onioner
07-17-2013, 05:33 PM
So the drummer for the band I helped record last weekend has another project called Ovvl, they're pretty cool classic rock/stoner rock. The vocals are really reminiscent of Bobby Liebling from Pentagram oddly enough. Check 'em out!

http://owlbrotherhood.bandcamp.com/album/owl

DementedX14
07-17-2013, 05:50 PM
Heres my half of the year list:

1. Killswitch Engage - Disarm The Descent
2. Sevendust - Black Out The Sun
3. Soilwork - The Living Infinite
4. Dark Tranquillity - Construct
5. Heaven Shall Burn - Veto
6. Eternal Tears of Sorrow - Saivon Lapsi
7. Trapt - Reborn
8. Stone Sour - House Of Gold & Bones Part 2
9. Alice In Chains - The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here
10. The Black Dahlia Murder - Everblack

hellawaits77ny
07-20-2013, 06:58 AM
The new Darkane is solid. Melodic thrash/metalcore for anyone who's not familiar. Really not my genre, but it's pretty solid.

The Sinister Supremecy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTSw2PfJx_s)
Mechanically Divine (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaPqptjv5oI)

ravenheart
07-20-2013, 09:38 AM
So far this year my list will probably contain:

Oliva
Audrey Horne
Gallow God
Conny Ochs
Sacred Mother Tongue
Pamela Moore
Black Sabbath

Not sure after that... lots of listening still to be done! Lord Dying, Dug Pinnick, Cathedral, Kruk, SOiL, Thalamus, Alice In Chains, This Misery Garden, Queensryche, and a few others are in with a shout though.

Biggest disappointments so far: Spiritual Beggars, Ancient VVisdom, James LaBrie

Rocco44
07-21-2013, 04:39 PM
New Morne sounds good so far.

http://pitchfork.com/advance/164-shadows/

SomewhereInTime72
07-21-2013, 08:11 PM
Uh wtf. The new Bodom album is the least terrible thing they've done as a band in a very long time. I just gave it a token 1.5-month-late listen because I had super low expectations from their awful downward trend... but this is... actually okay and not auditorily offensive the way their last piece of crap was. :eyes:

Spiner202
07-23-2013, 09:41 AM
Onioner and fans of traditional heavy metal: The debut Volture album is wicked! The vocals are a bit weird, but I think you'll really like this if you like White Wizzard.

Also, the new Protector is beyond heavy. I'm not really familiar with their old stuff, but this is great death/thrash!

Onioner
07-23-2013, 05:28 PM
Onioner and fans of traditional heavy metal: The debut Volture album is wicked! The vocals are a bit weird, but I think you'll really like this if you like White Wizzard.

Also, the new Protector is beyond heavy. I'm not really familiar with their old stuff, but this is great death/thrash!

Listening to On the Edge now, sick stuff! I guess I'll be seeing them with Raven and Diamond Head in the fall, that should be a lot of fun.

Spiner202
07-23-2013, 07:35 PM
Listening to On the Edge now, sick stuff! I guess I'll be seeing them with Raven and Diamond Head in the fall, that should be a lot of fun.

That is a wickedly good lineup! I am quite jealous! I guess in fairness, I saw Diamond Head with Cauldron and Phantom (local Toronto trad. band with Steve Harris-esque bass playing), but still, I'd love to see Volture and Raven.

Natrlhi
07-23-2013, 08:24 PM
Biggest disappointments so far: Ancient VVisdom
You've got to be shitting me. I loved Deathlike. Then again, it was my first listen to AVV, so maybe they had a different sound before that you really liked a lot. I listened to their previous one after seeing them live and liked it as well.

Ommie
07-23-2013, 11:03 PM
Came out a few months ago, but the new Senses Fail is actually really good, and I don't even like Senses Fail! Hell it doesn't even sound like them, it sounds like Poison the Well or Norma Jean but better. I am now kicking myself for missing them in May. :hmm:

TheWildAndTheYoung
07-24-2013, 05:09 AM
Another slightly revised top 15:

3.Rise Up - W.E.T.
5.Nemesis - Stratovarius
9.Street Level - De La Cruz
10.Halo Of Blood - Children Of Bodom (just listened to this and it's killer :rocker:)
11.Straight Out Of Hell - Helloween
13.Devil's Cut - White Wizzard
15.2013 - Mystery

I haven't checked out the new Amon Amarth yet but am going to, and Reckless Love's new album will be released next month so this list will probably change again in a couple of weeks.

ravenheart
07-24-2013, 05:26 AM
You've got to be shitting me. I loved Deathlike. Then again, it was my first listen to AVV, so maybe they had a different sound before that you really liked a lot. I listened to their previous one after seeing them live and liked it as well.

No, it sounds exactly the same. EXACTLY THE SAME. If you'd approached the albums the right way round, I'm pretty certain you'd find Deathlike boring too. It's just all the same songs again, but not as good.

ravenheart
07-24-2013, 05:28 AM
Uh wtf. The new Bodom album is the least terrible thing they've done as a band in a very long time. I just gave it a token 1.5-month-late listen because I had super low expectations from their awful downward trend... but this is... actually okay and not auditorily offensive the way their last piece of crap was. :eyes:

Still not exactly amazing though, is it?

mastodon421
07-24-2013, 03:39 PM
To reiterate my post in the "Now Playing Album" thread from earlier today, Heart of Oak by Anciients rips. Almost godlike combo of prog/stoner/sludge with hints of black metal in the vocals, so many fucking riffs:drool: Could find its way into my top 10 upon further listens.

slapguitarer
07-24-2013, 04:04 PM
Did you just hear about that record? It came out a while ago...

Rocco44
07-24-2013, 04:21 PM
Still not exactly amazing though, is it?

The amazing part is that is doesn't suck balls. Surprisingly decent.

mastodon421
07-24-2013, 04:35 PM
Did you just hear about that record? It came out a while ago...

Nah, I just finally got around to checking it out now. I have a Word document full of shit I still need to still check out, I'm already overwhelmed with new music and it's only July :eek:

dcmetal108
07-24-2013, 06:38 PM
Listening to the new mixtape Crizzly put out. Really good if you enjoy dubstep/techno/brostep whatever you call it.

kalfitegrdan
07-25-2013, 07:24 AM
New Tyr song, Blood of Heroes (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aONcdN0Weiw), from their upcoming album, "Valkyrja," out in September.

MPF
07-25-2013, 08:16 AM
New Tyr song, Blood of Heroes (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aONcdN0Weiw), from their upcoming album, "Valkyrja," out in September.

So strange hearing George Kollias not playing 300PBM Gravity Blasts in 5/8.

But I really like the song, kinda straight forward, but I like it a lot.

hellawaits77ny
07-25-2013, 09:40 AM
I'm already overwhelmed with new music and it's only July :eek:

Dude if you're overwhelmed with new music, maybe you should just chill and not worry about hearing every new album that comes out!

larvtard
07-25-2013, 12:49 PM
Dude if you're overwhelmed with new music, maybe you should just chill and not worry about hearing every new album that comes out!

I have the same problem. At first it was fun, and then it became a chore. Not just new music - everything. I have so many bands I feel I need to listen to. Initially I had them all bookmarked in separate playlists on Spotify, but I was sick of turning on Spotify and having all that music just staring in the face. Pleading with me to listen to them. But it was just so overwhelming. So I deleted the playlists and instead made a Word document to keep track of the stuff I need to listen to; this way it's not staring me in the face every time I turn on Spotify. But this still hasn't worked for two reasons: 1) if they're staring me in the face all the time, I'll probably end up listening to one or two of them; 2) even with having it in a separate file, it's still in the back of my head, stressing me out considerably. I know it's there and it's not going away until I do something about it.

~~bunch of sentimental shit~~

Sorry 'bout that...

Natrlhi
07-25-2013, 03:16 PM
No, it sounds exactly the same. EXACTLY THE SAME. If you'd approached the albums the right way round, I'm pretty certain you'd find Deathlike boring too. It's just all the same songs again, but not as good.In that context, I guess I can see where you're coming from.

To reiterate my post in the "Now Playing Album" thread from earlier today, Heart of Oak by Anciients rips. Almost godlike combo of prog/stoner/sludge with hints of black metal in the vocals, so many fucking riffs:drool: Could find its way into my top 10 upon further listens.Fuck yes. Love that Mastodon worship. :fist:

whoaDude - with all due respect, you sound like an addict waiting to happen (and I mean that with nothing but genuine concern). The silver lining for you is that, should things turn out that way, you seem to be introspective enough and intelligent enough to know that it's time to do something about it (which is an advantage most folks don't have). If the wheels ever start to fall off, just promise yourself that you'll give somebody like yours truly a shout before it's too late. Help is there if you need it / want it bad enough. Good luck, broski.

slapguitarer
07-25-2013, 03:36 PM
I think I'm the only dude who doesn't really think of Mastodon when I'm listening to Anciients.

BloodoftheKings
07-25-2013, 03:52 PM
Truth be told I just don't know how to not live a life of excess. It's all or nothing. These things have always stressed me out and just put me in a deep state of melancholy, that I'll never be able to visit all the beautiful places in the world, eat at all the delicious restaurants in the world, read all the world-class literature in the world... listen to all the good bands in the world.

http://i2.ytimg.com/vi/9AU6LDTc_Xk/hqdefault.jpg

I have a list of albums I plan to listen to that I haven't touched in a while. I kinda just listen to albums as they come and maybe i'll refer to that list if I get bored and don't know what to listen to.

slapguitarer
07-25-2013, 03:55 PM
http://i2.ytimg.com/vi/9AU6LDTc_Xk/hqdefault.jpg

I have a list of albums I plan to listen to that I haven't touched in a while. I kinda just listen to albums as they come and maybe i'll refer to that list if I get bored and don't know what to listen to.

Every now and again I'll dl like 5 albums that I "should" listen to, and get around to 'em as the time passes. In general I'll listen to something if it sounds interesting or if a pal shoves it down my throat. I tried the whole keeping a list of "required listening" but realized it wasn't gonna work really quick.

Onioner
07-25-2013, 05:43 PM
Every now and again I'll dl like 5 albums that I "should" listen to, and get around to 'em as the time passes. In general I'll listen to something if it sounds interesting or if a pal shoves it down my throat. I tried the whole keeping a list of "required listening" but realized it wasn't gonna work really quick.

I did kind of freak out about the whole too many awesome bands thing some time ago, but now I just let it happen organically. For me, that usually means being at a record store and thinking "Oh this album is cheap and I heard it's cool from people I trust, I'll give it a shot".

SomewhereInTime72
07-25-2013, 08:46 PM
The amazing part is that is doesn't suck balls. Surprisingly decent.

Yes, this. The quality is not amazing on its own, but I was pretty amazed and shocked by its lack of sheer suck. :tongue:

slapguitarer
07-25-2013, 10:25 PM
For me, that usually means being at a record store and thinking "Oh this album is cheap and I heard it's cool from people I trust, I'll give it a shot".

I always love it when that works out. That's how I came to love bands like Interpol, My Blood Valentine, Boris, and others.

mastodon421
07-26-2013, 08:11 AM

Overwhelmed was a poor choice, it's just that I have a lot of records I want to check out that have been released this year. I highly doubt I will get to check all of them by the end of the year (and I'm not going to put an insane amount of effort into doing.) There's just been a lot of shit this year from bands/artists I'm already a fan of (including Scale the Summit, Soilwork, Ghostface Killah, Black Sabbath, Volbeat and Rotting Out) and other ones I'm curious about ( including Iron Reagan, Lord Dying and Power Trip) that I really want to give a spin, but just haven't gotten around to yet.

hb420
07-26-2013, 03:50 PM
My god.... "Colored Sands" is amazing. :drool::drool: Easily takes Portal's spot as best death metal LP released this year.

kevouellet
07-26-2013, 04:15 PM
My god.... "Colored Sands" is amazing. :drool::drool: Easily takes Portal's spot as best death metal LP released this year.
This. Gorguts has outdone themselves again for Colored Sands. LOVING the dynamics and contrasts in the album, you have to listen to the whole thing from start to finish for maximum effect.

LP of the year so far for me.

IrritatedTrout
07-27-2013, 06:51 AM
May have to check it out.

Jacoby238
07-27-2013, 09:57 AM
My Top 10 so far:

1. Autopsy - The Headless Ritual
2. Extol - Extol
3. Voivod - Target Earth
4. Deafhaven - Sunbather
5. The Ocean - Pelagial
6. Amaranthe - The Nexus
7. Anciients - Heart of Oak
8. Soilwork - The Living Infinite
9. Darkthrone - The Underground Resistance
10. Gris - ΐ l'Βme Enflammιe, l'Δme Constellιe...

Obviously this is temporary. As soon as Gorguts and Carcass are released, they will both be in my top 3 with Autopsy.

AnthG
07-27-2013, 12:26 PM
Fuck, i've only checked out 13 albums total this year...

elturtleboy
07-27-2013, 02:38 PM
Phil Anselmo was ok. I was hoping for more Superjoint but eh good enough. Magic Circle/Terror was meh. New Integrity rules hard. Hatriot/Transplants was ok as well

TOP 5 for now.
1.Deafheaven - Sunbather
2.Tyler, The Creator - Wolf
3.PLF -Devious Persecution And Wholesale Slaughter
4. Nails - Abandon All Life
5. Retox - YPLL

Rest so far. No order yet.
Rotting Out - The Wrong Way
Joel Grind- The Yellowgoat Sessions
Darkthrone - The Underground Resistance
Call Of The Void - Dragged Down a Dead End Path
Iron Reagan -Worse Than Dead
Black Sabbath -13
Children Of God - We Set Fire To The Sky
Cloud Rat -Moksha
Ride At Dawn - Blast Cage
Gama Bomb - The Terror Tapes
Iron Lung - White Glove Test
Phil Anslemo/The Illagals - Walk Through Exits
Sodom - Epitome Of Torture
Transplants - In A Warzone
Integirty - Suicide Black Snake
Power Trip - Manifest Demication
A$AP Rocky -Long Live A$AP

Demos:
██████ - Demo
Cave state - Demo
Fraude - Demo
142 - Demo

EPS:
Harms Way - Blinded
Bone Sickess- Alone In the Grave
BrucexCampbell - Friendly Carnage?
Hodgy Beats-EP 2

Spiner202
07-28-2013, 05:06 AM
The new Crimson Shadows EP is mighty to say the least. It took quite a few listens to get into, but it is truly amazing. It has already cracked my top 3 for the year, and will probably remain there.

:rocker:

Nick_to_the_face
07-28-2013, 10:30 AM
I have yet to check out the new Rotting Out, I need to do that at some point. Jungle Rot was unimpressive, but it has some cool songs. I haven't gave the new Terror a full listen to yet either. New Black Dahlia was fucking fantastic.

elturtleboy
07-28-2013, 10:19 PM
Rude- The Haunting is making my EP list. Great old skool vibe DM. Holy- Age Of Collapse is most def on my top 10

hellawaits77ny
07-29-2013, 04:38 AM
Jungle Rot was unimpressive, but it has some cool songs. I haven't gave the new Terror a full listen to yet either.

I didn't dig the new JR at all, way too boring and uninspired for me.

You should check out the new Terror ASAP.

TheWildAndTheYoung
07-29-2013, 09:06 PM
just found a new band called Damnation Angels, they're debut album definitely has chances to hit my top 15 for this year.

infinitydeth
07-30-2013, 09:50 AM
New Touche Amore
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJ5yfreafAw

mastodon421
07-30-2013, 09:59 AM
Just listen:
http://www.guitarworld.com/exclusive-revocation-premiere-self-titled-new-album

XDoomsayerX
07-30-2013, 12:03 PM
New Touche Amore

I love it! No doubt this will be my number 1 of the year.

Ommie
07-30-2013, 06:49 PM
New Touche Amore
Man, Jeremy's voice sounds kind of odd. Dude needs a break for his vocal cords. :hmm:

Still a good song though.

OraclesofAgony
07-30-2013, 11:53 PM
The new Gorguts is simply amazing. Nothing is going to top this.

Addicted2metal
07-31-2013, 01:02 AM
Gonna get alot crap for this but the new Death Punch is fucking awesome!!! if you like "The Way of The Fist" you are gonna love this new album

hellawaits77ny
07-31-2013, 07:41 AM
Gonna get alot crap for this but the new Death Punch is fucking awesome!!! if you like "The Way of The Fist" you are gonna love this new album

That was their only tolerable album. I'll check out a new tune for S n G's.

Spiner202
07-31-2013, 07:43 AM
Has anybody heard the new Violator album? I just gave it a listen on YouTube and wow, there are riffs everywhere. It's like listening to Beneath The Remains-era Sepultura. Now I just need to track down a copy.

300%_Density
07-31-2013, 07:56 AM
That was their only tolerable album. I'll check out a new tune for S n G's.

Lol I did and it was hilarious. As big as they are now, if they would have been around for Nu Metal they probably would have been even bigger. Burn MF total Nu Metal and is particularly awful. The LL Cool J cover might be one of the worst covers in the history of doing covers.

mastodon421
07-31-2013, 09:35 AM
You had me at LL Cool J cover...

Ommie
07-31-2013, 12:48 PM
You had me at LL Cool J cover...
They did a cover of Mama Said Knock You Out with Tech N9ne. Totally mosh-worthy.

Dextrimental
07-31-2013, 01:19 PM
They did a cover of Mama Said Knock You Out with Tech N9ne. Totally mosh-worthy.

Just checked that out and shared it on Facebook. That ridiculousness needs to be heard. Absurd.

New Deafheaven rules hard. Are there any other post-rock or post-metal releases in the last month of two? I know of subRosa, but I'm in that sort of mood.

MPF
07-31-2013, 04:53 PM
Witherscape- The Inheritance

Quite possibly the best album of 2013!

kalfitegrdan
07-31-2013, 09:43 PM
Just checked that out and shared it on Facebook. That ridiculousness needs to be heard. Absurd.

New Deafheaven rules hard. Are there any other post-rock or post-metal releases in the last month of two? I know of subRosa, but I'm in that sort of mood.

I don't know if you've heard the new Cult of Luna that came out back in January, but it's worth checking out.

hellawaits77ny
08-01-2013, 05:09 AM
New Trivium song isn't bad :

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=193220

w00tasaurus
08-01-2013, 05:26 AM
Revocation is pretty good not sure if I like it better/worse than other albums yet. I can say for a fact that Teratogenesis is still my favorite of their work.

Carcass is awesome.

TheWildAndTheYoung
08-01-2013, 07:35 PM
Another updated Top 15:

1.Screaming For Adrenaline - Santa Cruz
2.The Savage Playground - Crashdiet
3.Construct - Dark Tranquillity
4.The Mystery Of Time - Avantasia
5.Nemesis - Stratovarius
7.Wretched And Divine: The Story Of The Wild Ones - Black Veil Brides
8.The Way Life Goes - Tom Kiefer
10.Halo Of Blood - Children Of Bodom
12.Devil's Cut - White Wizzard
13.Deciever Of The Gods - Amon Amarth
14.Bringer Of Light - Damnation Angels
15.Rise Up - W.E.T.

XDoomsayerX
08-01-2013, 09:53 PM
Norma Jean Wrongdoers:drool::drool::drool:

elturtleboy
08-01-2013, 09:56 PM
New Carcass was ok. But this is coming from a guy who only loves the 1st two Goregrind albums. First three songs off the album were great though. AS of right no new Exhumed is ok as well. Like it more than Carcass though

dcmetal108
08-01-2013, 10:00 PM
Doomsayer (and everyone else) - The Blackest Beautiful by Letlive is now of my favorite albums of the year.

XDoomsayerX
08-01-2013, 10:35 PM
Doomsayer (and everyone else) - The Blackest Beautiful by Letlive is now of my favorite albums of the year.

Yeah that album is dope as fuck. Not sure if my fave but dude Dreamer's Disease def my song of the year!

dcmetal108
08-01-2013, 10:38 PM
Yeah that album is dope as fuck. Not sure if my fave but dude Dreamer's Disease def my song of the year!

I think I like Fake History as a album more but The Blackest Beautiful is so raw with emotion.

Ommie
08-01-2013, 10:41 PM
I just listened to The Blackest Beautiful as well... holy schinkes it was SICK. Feels way more immense and intense than Fake History. Funnily enough I wasn't expecting it to be good because of the new song, but I was definitely proven wrong.

XDoomsayerX
08-01-2013, 10:43 PM
I think I like Fake History as a album more but The Blackest Beautiful is so raw with emotion.

Dude Fake History in its entirety at Chain Reaction! :party:

dcmetal108
08-01-2013, 11:24 PM
Dude Fake History in its entirety at Chain Reaction! :party:

Another reason why I envy you.

kalfitegrdan
08-02-2013, 06:41 AM
2. Darkthrone - The Underground Resistance
3. The Black Dahlia Murder - Everblack
4. Incendiary - Cost of Living
6. Sorcery - Arrival at Six
7. Satan - Life Sentence
8. Cloud Rat - Moksha
9. Power Trip - Manifest Decimation
10. Kanye West - Yeezus

My top 10 has changed pretty drastically in the last month.

2. Incendiary - Cost of Living
3. Coffins - The Fleshland
4. The Black Dahlia Murder - Everblack
6. All Pigs Must Die - Nothing Violates This Nature
7. Darkthrone - The Underground Resistance
8. Lord Dying - Summon the Faithless
9. Entrails - Raging Death
10. Carcass - Surgical Steel

mastodon421
08-02-2013, 10:38 AM
I just listened to The Blackest Beautiful as well... holy schinkes it was SICK. Feels way more immense and intense than Fake History. Funnily enough I wasn't expecting it to be good because of the new song, but I was definitely proven wrong.

Blackest Beautiful is a good record, but I thought Fake History was more intense and layered. Blackest Beautiful is way slower and poppier on the whole than Fake History with the only songs even coming close being "Banshee" and "27 Club". Don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoy both records just my:2cents: on the matter.

Ommie
08-02-2013, 12:51 PM
Blackest Beautiful is a good record, but I thought Fake History was more intense and layered. Blackest Beautiful is way slower and poppier on the whole than Fake History with the only songs even coming close being "Banshee" and "27 Club". Don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoy both records just my:2cents: on the matter.
Oh yeah, it's definitely poppier, but at the same time I still feel like it still contains the same intensity from Fake History (Banshee, Empty Elvis, 27 Club). It just feels like there's a lot more variety and creativity (That Fear Fever, Virgin Dirt, The Priest and Used Cars) which I like. It just felt more memorable. :2cents:

XDoomsayerX
08-02-2013, 02:51 PM
Both albums are awesome but Fake History does have a bigger punch. Jason is amazing lyricist and his live performance is godly.

dcmetal108
08-02-2013, 06:20 PM
Both albums are awesome but Fake History does have a bigger punch. Jason is amazing lyricist and his live performance is godly.

Yeah Fake History makes me want to jump off stuff and run around while Blackest Beautiful is like taking a ride on the feels train.

hb420
08-02-2013, 10:04 PM
Lovers of funeral death doom the Ephemeros debut "All Hail Corrosion" is godly. They take a nihilistic melodic sludge bent on the genre to add their own flavor but it works. I'd say already a top ten for me.

It's streaming on bandcamp (http://releases.seventhrule.com/releases)

jhdeity
08-02-2013, 10:12 PM

Yeah I don't get all the outpouring over Blackest Beautiful personally. At 1st listen I thought if I were 17 I'd probably love it which isn't necessarily a compliment. I prefer the earlier, more intense stuff

hellawaits77ny
08-03-2013, 05:36 AM
Have checked out the following albums the past week or 2 :

Defeated Sanity - Passages Into Deformity (Technical Brutal Death) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HP2cqCRfQ9M)
Deeds of Flesh - Portals to Canaan (Brutal Death) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfqNG8QYsBw)
Acranius - When Mutation Becomes Homicidal (Brutal Deathcore) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CORUssy_6EA)
Immolation
SFU
Ghost
AIC

Still listening to all, but so far nothing really outstanding. Acranius was suprising, a brutal deathcore group. Defeated Sanity and Deeds of Flesh are alright so far, need to listen to more to fully judge. Immolation is solid but nothing new, same w/ AIC.

christopher
08-04-2013, 11:07 AM
For any Dystopia fans, this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3aLgLKNbYM) is Wormfoot's 2013 demo. This band features the drummer of the Goddamn Gallows on drums/vocals and James Hunnicutt on guitar. Sounds pretty awesome!!

MPF
08-06-2013, 11:58 AM
Top 20 again for those interested:

20.) For The Imperium- Hail The Monsters
19.) Sons of Aeon- Sons of Aeon
18.) The Ocean- Pelagial
17.) Orphaned Land- All Is One
16.) Scale the Summit- The Migration
15.) Extol- Extol
14.) James LaBrie - Impermanent Resonance
13.) Killswitch Engage- Disarm The Descent
12.) Last Chance To Reason- Level 3
11.) Long Distance Calling- The Flood Inside
10.) Shining- One One One
9.) Soilwork- The Living Infinite
8.) Agrypnie- Aetas Cineris
7.) Leprous- Coal
6.) Carcass- Surgical Steel
5.) Deafheaven- Sunbather
4.) In Vain- Ζnigma
3.) Clutch- Earth Rocker
2.) Steven Wilson- The Raven That Refused To Sing (and other stories)
1.) Witherscape Astrid Falls The Inheritance

Nater
08-06-2013, 01:22 PM
I FUCKING LOVE THE NEW REVOCATION ALBUM!!! Fraked is such a great track. Newsted's album isn't bad either.

hb420
08-06-2013, 05:17 PM
current top 10:

1. VHOL - S/T
2. Gorguts - Colored Sands
3. The National - Trouble Will Find Me
4. Eight Bells - The Captain's Daughter
5. Inter Arma - Sky Burial
6. Savages - Silence Yourself
7. Deafheaven - Sunbather
8. Ephemeros - All Hail Corrosion
9. Carcass - Surgical Steel
10. Watain - The Wild Hunt

Rocco44
08-10-2013, 01:11 PM
I've been loving Morne and Modern Life Is War lately. Definite top ten contenders.

Here's a rough top 20.

1. Light Bearer – Silver Tongue
2. Deafheaven – Sunbather
3. Morne - Shadows
4. Modern Life Is War – Fever Hunting
5. The Fall of Every Season – Amends
6. Steven Wilson – The Raven That Refused To Sing
7. Cult of Luna – Vertikal
8. The National – Trouble Will Find Me
9. Sigur Ros - Kveikur
10. Woe – Withdrawal
11. Vhol – Vhol
12. Defeater – Letters Home
13. And So I Watch You From Afar – All Hail Bright Futures
14. Magic Circle – Magic Circle
15. Amorphis - Circle
16. Omnium Gatherum – Beyond
17. Clutch – Earth Rocker
18. Encircling Sea – A Forgotten Land
19. Queens of the Stone Age - … Like Clockwork
20. Scale The Summit – The Migration

BloodoftheKings
08-12-2013, 11:22 AM
The new Chelsea Wolfe leaked but apparently it's missing a song.

elturtleboy
08-12-2013, 02:24 PM
Hatred Surge - Human Overdose is a great fuckin Grindcore album for 2013

kalfitegrdan
08-14-2013, 12:07 AM
New Fleshgod leaked and it's miles better than Agony.

HandOfDoom
08-17-2013, 11:44 AM
Updated top 10, still very rough, going to change alot by the end of the year.

1. Clutch - Earth Rocker
2. Kylesa- Ultra-Violet
3. Queens of the Stone Age -... Like Clockwork
4. Amorphis - Circle
5. Black Sabbath - 13
6. Autopsy- The Headless Ritual
7. Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats - Mind Control
8. Tesseract - Altered State
9. Alice in Chains- The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here
10. Blood Ceremony - The Eldritch Dark

jhdeity
08-18-2013, 02:52 PM
Why is no one talking cool new music on this thread anymore? For a while there I went straight to this thread before even checking new show setlists.

I'm digging the new Misery Signals - Absent Light. Awesome drumming!

Surprised these guys don't get more love on here...

mastodon421
08-18-2013, 03:12 PM
Absent Light is fucking sick. I'd never listened to Misery Signals till a few months ago, which makes me pretty ashamed cause they're right up my alley. Really great old-school metalcore with a ton of beautiful melodic riffing and well-utilized breakdowns.

Spiner202
08-18-2013, 04:28 PM
Why is no one talking cool new music on this thread anymore? For a while there I went straight to this thread before even checking new show setlists.

Based on the top 10 lists I see around here, my tastes don't align with many others', but I'll update the last few I've heard:

Sinister Realm's "World of Evil" is wickedly catchy heavy metal with some doomy tendencies. I had never heard of them before, but this is a wicked album.

Hell's Domain's self-titled album is pretty sub-standard thrash. Not particularly fast or interesting, but I don't regret giving it a few listens.

I have yet to hear the new Fleshgod, but I'm going to pick it up on Tuesday, along with hopefully the new Diamond Plate (which is awesome!).

jhdeity
08-19-2013, 12:02 AM
Based on the top 10 lists I see around here, my tastes don't align with many others', but I'll update the last few I've heard:

Sinister Realm's "World of Evil" is wickedly catchy heavy metal with some doomy tendencies. I had never heard of them before, but this is a wicked album.

Hell's Domain's self-titled album is pretty sub-standard thrash. Not particularly fast or interesting, but I don't regret giving it a few listens.

I have yet to hear the new Fleshgod, but I'm going to pick it up on Tuesday, along with hopefully the new Diamond Plate (which is awesome!).

I liked the Hell's Domain. I pretty much like all thrash though. Looking at the last Top 10 posted (HandofDoom's) I'm guessing 3 of his will be in my Top 10 also including #1. I'm a bigger Hatebreed fan than most on here so that and Dillinger should be in my Top 10 also. Actually Misery Signals might be a dark horse for my Top 10.

Ironic note about my Top 10 this year: I pretty much HATED Strange Cousins but think Earth Rocker is one of the best cd's released in the last 5 years. I loved Stone Sour's HoG&B Part 1 so much it made my Top 5 that year and I couldn't possibly hate Part 2 any more. Sounds like a total compilation of B-Sides compared to Part 1 to me.

Spiner202
08-19-2013, 05:53 AM
I liked the Hell's Domain. I pretty much like all thrash though.
I find myself in a similar position in terms of liking new thrash, but at a certain point, it all becomes so repetitive. This year alone, I've heard the new Rancor, Deceptor, Invasion, Legionary, Mortyr, and Ultra-Violence in terms of somewhat unmemorable thrash, so Hell's Domain is just another record on the list that I'll rarely go back to. I still need to review it though, so I'll be hearing it a couple more times :/

IrritatedTrout
08-19-2013, 06:26 AM
1. Alice in Chains - The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here
2. Black Sabbath - 13
3. Ghost - Infestissumam
4. Rob Zombie - Venomous Rat Regeneration Vendor
5. Fleetwood Mac - Extended Play
6. Megadeth - Super Collider

Top (and all) albums I've heard this year. I still need to hear QOTSA and the only album I know I'm looking forward to later in the year is the new Motorhead, but maybe there's something I've forgotten.

Nater
08-19-2013, 12:03 PM
If I had to make a top whatever right now it would bed this.

Revocation - Revocation
Black Sabbath - 13
Amon Amarth - Deciver of the Gods
Killswitch Engage - Disarm the Decent
Jungle Rot - Terror Regime
Gutfucked - Gutfucked
Alice In Chains - The Devil Put Dinosaurs here
The Black Dhalia Murder - Everblack
Six Feet Under - Unborn

Once Pathology, Despise the Sun, Skeletonwitch and Devildriver drop it will change

elturtleboy
08-19-2013, 05:23 PM
New Watain is ok. Some songs were great and some were shit. As for VHOL eh its ok.

dcmetal108
08-19-2013, 05:35 PM
New Diamond Plate, Avenged Sevenfold, Born Of Osiris, and Turisas leaked.

TehBr00tulz
08-19-2013, 05:39 PM
My current top 10 ATM:

August Burns Red - Rescue And Restore
Shai Hulud - Reach Beyond The Sun
Daft Punk - Random Access Memories
Scale The Summit - The Migration
Rotten Sound - Species at War
The Ocean - Pelagial
Defeater - Letters Home
Defeated Sanity - Passages Into Deformity
Killswitch Engage - Disarm The Descent
The Black Dahlia Murder - Everblack

Definitely gonna change with more listens, and all the albums coming out are going to move a lot of albums out.

Addicted2metal
08-19-2013, 09:42 PM
new Avenged Sevenfold album sucks. But Devildriver is back!!!!!

Spiner202
08-20-2013, 10:53 AM
I really like the new Fleshgod. It doesn't top "Mafia", but it is still a great release.

Nater
08-20-2013, 10:57 AM

I'm guessing the new album kicks ass doesn't it? Just by hearing Ruthless and The Appitite it sounded awesome and leaps and bounds better then Beast

imanidiot777
08-20-2013, 11:01 AM

The new A7X album is awesome!

MPF
08-20-2013, 11:16 AM
The neww A7X sounds like Countdown to Extinction/Cryptic Writings. Not exactly bad, but anyone who liked their original sound will fucking hate it.

dcmetal108
08-20-2013, 11:50 AM
Yeah I was a rather big A7X fan and this album is them trying to be a radio hard rock rock. All slower songs, no screams, and just a lot of slow chorus'.

Addicted2metal
08-20-2013, 12:44 PM
The neww A7X sounds like Countdown to Extinction/Cryptic Writings. Not exactly bad, but anyone who liked their original sound will fucking hate it. I loved all their other CDs but the new one doesn't have that epic experimental sound like "A Little Piece of heaven" or "Victim" not a single standout track on the new CD.

Dextrimental
08-20-2013, 02:22 PM
The neww A7X sounds like Countdown to Extinction/Cryptic Writings. Not exactly bad, but anyone who liked their original sound will fucking hate it.

That's just wrong. Every die-hard Avenged fan I know really enjoys it.

I like that song Hail to the King. I don't think it's them trying to be accessible, I think it's them just jamming and writing cool songs. If Hail to the King was released by a smaller band, people would dig it as a simple groovy rock song, but because it's Avenged Sevenfold, it's sell-out radio rock.

MPF
08-20-2013, 02:26 PM
That's just wrong. Every die-hard Avenged fan I know really enjoys it.

I like that song Hail to the King. I don't think it's them trying to be accessible, I think it's them just jamming and writing cool songs. If Hail to the King was released by a smaller band, people would dig it as a simple groovy rock song, but because it's Avenged Sevenfold, it's sell-out radio rock.

Not true.

I have zero problem with the song, the problem is every song on the album sounds like this! the only song to have any kind of tempo change or double bass is Planets. the rest is like I said, Mid career era Megadeth.

HipNHap1
08-20-2013, 02:30 PM
I've been a fan of all of A7X's stuff up to Nightmare, which I thought was just alright. When the song Hail to the King came out, I wasn't a fan, but I stayed optomistic. After listening to the whole album, Im left feeling truly disappointed. I don't hate on them for it, they are big enough now to where they don't have to "sell out," theyre just making the music they want which I respect them for. And I can't wait to see them in October. But holy shit was HttK boring as all shit.

Nater
08-20-2013, 03:24 PM
Personally I think it's the best work they have done in years based off of Hail To The King alone.

Nater
08-20-2013, 03:45 PM
http://www.pathologymusic.com/audio-player

New Pathology song. Matti sounds fucking brutal. I'm stoked.

John The Drummer
08-20-2013, 04:34 PM
epic experimental sound

Not trying to troll, but those are the last words I think of when I hear A7X :eyes:

Datjazzfusion
08-20-2013, 05:08 PM
Not trying to troll, but those are the last words I think of when I hear A7X :eyes:

This.

TheWildAndTheYoung
08-20-2013, 05:24 PM
Just one small edit in my list:

1.Screaming For Adrenaline - Santa Cruz
2.The Savage Playground - Crashdiet
3.Construct - Dark Tranquillity
4.The Mystery Of Time - Avantasia
5.Nemesis - Stratovarius
7.Wretched And Divine: The Story Of The Wild Ones - Black Veil Brides
8.The Way Life Goes - Tom Kiefer
10.Halo Of Blood - Children Of Bodom
12.Devil's Cut - White Wizzard
13.Deciever Of The Gods - Amon Amarth
14.Bringer Of Light - Damnation Angels
15.Hail To The King - Avenged Sevenfold

I don't care what anybody says, this new A7X album totally rocks! Is it just me or does "This Means War" sound like Sad But True but with cooler riffs?

BRAman22
08-20-2013, 06:40 PM
1. Revocation - Revocation
2. The Dillinger Escape Plan - One of Us is the Killer
3. Amon Amarth - Deceiver of the Gods
4. Alice in Chains - The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here
5. Black Sabbath - 13
6. Chimaira - Crown of Phantoms
7. Rob Zombie - Venomous Rat Regeneration Vendor
8. Killswitch Engage - Disarm the Descent
9. Megadeth - Supercollider
10. The Ocean - Peligial

christopher
08-20-2013, 07:54 PM
The new Goddamn Gallows album is seriously the best album I've heard in a while. It's definitely my number one for the year!!:party:

XDoomsayerX
08-20-2013, 08:02 PM
New Norma Jean is prob my fave album of the year thus far its just a beast of an album.

Also this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwxYIKh5P0M

:party::drool::bowdown:

Ommie
08-20-2013, 09:38 PM
New Gorguts and Norma Jean rule. :cool:

jhdeity
08-20-2013, 11:09 PM
Not true.

I have zero problem with the song, the problem is every song on the album sounds like this! the only song to have any kind of tempo change or double bass is Planets. the rest is like I said, Mid career era Megadeth.

I agree. I'd even take it a step further and compare it to Metallica's Black Album. Very simplified and homogenized and too radio friendly for me personally.

Not that I hate The Black Album but when I want to listen to Metallica I go for the older stuff. And YoungandWild is right. Total Sad But True rip off...

Onioner
08-21-2013, 01:57 AM
Just found out about this cool doom/sludge band from Portland called Wounded Giant. Kinda like Melvins crossed with Weedeater and Sleep. Their album Lightning Medicine is pretty awesome.

imanidiot777
08-21-2013, 03:24 AM
Not true.

Shepherd of Fire has tempo. And if you think back to Nightmare, there weren't that many fast songs, maybe 3 or 4 of the 11-12 songs.

imanidiot777
08-21-2013, 03:25 AM
I don't care what anybody says, this new A7X album totally rocks! Is it just me or does "This Means War" sound like Sad But True but with cooler riffs?

It sounds too close to Sad But Ture IMO, but I do like the song anyways.

hellawaits77ny
08-21-2013, 05:25 AM
http://www.pathologymusic.com/audio-player

New Pathology song. Matti sounds fucking brutal. I'm stoked.

Not a bad tune, nice to hear Matti actually sayign words instead of the "ooo skooo skooo skooo reee" that was so prevalent on the Abomonibal Putridity album. Still was a solid album, though.

I liked Pathology's last album w/ Huber, and I think I'll dig this one, too.

Nater
08-21-2013, 10:22 AM
Not a bad tune, nice to hear Matti actually sayign words instead of the "ooo skooo skooo skooo reee" that was so prevalent on the Abomonibal Putridity album. Still was a solid album, though.

I liked Pathology's last album w/ Huber, and I think I'll dig this one, too.

hahahaha that might be the best description of his vocals from that album. I enjoyed it though in a weird, unhuman, kinda way.

Huber nailed the last album. I think he was starting to hit his grove with them but He will find some other brutal/slam band to front. Prolly another Victory signed band to fill the void Pathology left.

hellawaits77ny
08-21-2013, 11:35 AM
hahahaha that might be the best description of his vocals from that album. I enjoyed it though in a weird, unhuman, kinda way.

Huber nailed the last album. I think he was starting to hit his grove with them but He will find some other brutal/slam band to front. Prolly another Victory signed band to fill the void Pathology left.

My favorite slam album of 2012 it was. AP, I mean.

I thought Huber had announced he's done with music, at least Encylopedia Metallum has that in his info.

Dextrimental
08-21-2013, 11:49 AM
New Ulver is dam good. That and the new Explosions In The Sky with David Wingo will be in my top ten for the year, methinks.

Nater
08-21-2013, 05:00 PM
My favorite slam album of 2012 it was. AP, I mean.

I thought Huber had announced he's done with music, at least Encylopedia Metallum has that in his info.

I just saw that today when I went to see what he was doing. Shame. He will prolly pop up in a couple years.

hellawaits77ny
08-23-2013, 04:56 AM
I just saw that today when I went to see what he was doing. Shame. He will prolly pop up in a couple years.

Probably. Most metal musicians end up doing that, after they find out working in a less than glamorous job making shite $ is less fun than being in a band and making shite $.

Just listened to the new Pathology song again, and it's pretty good.