PDA

View Full Version : 2013....

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

hb420
02-06-2013, 02:58 PM
New Grayceon EP is so fucking good. :drool:

You're right. Just checked this out and "End of Days" might be the best thing they've written yet.

300%_Density
02-07-2013, 10:35 AM
This new QOTSA album keeps getting a little bit more interesting. Next special guest announced...Sir Elton John.

dcmetal108
02-07-2013, 10:44 AM
This new QOTSA album keeps getting a little bit more interesting. Next special guest announced...Sir Elton John.

woot woot! I love Elton John lol.

Which reminds me that he should make another album.

hellawaits77ny
02-08-2013, 04:24 AM
Another new Devourment track, Parasitic Eruption (http://loudwire.com/devourment-parasitic-eruption-exclusive-song-premiere/).

Nater
02-08-2013, 08:47 AM
The teaser for the new Jungle Rot album is up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoPeKu6JDD0

Sounds the same as every other Jungle Rot release.....That means it will be amazing:party:

hb420
02-08-2013, 09:17 AM
Altar of Plagues - Teethed Glory & Injury (April 30th/North America)

:drool::drool::drool::drool:

slapguitarer
02-08-2013, 12:08 PM
Light Bearer released their sophomore album, Silver Tongue, for free.

http://www.mediafire.com/?467lxkjxuvn37a3

Rocco44
02-08-2013, 05:31 PM
Light Bearer released their sophomore album, Silver Tongue, for free.

http://www.mediafire.com/?467lxkjxuvn37a3

Just about to post this. Incredible band. Probably top five for me.

elturtleboy
02-08-2013, 10:09 PM
Just heard new Hatebreed,it was cool. Nothing special.

slapguitarer
02-09-2013, 12:09 AM
Just about to post this. Incredible band. Probably top five for me.

Glad I"m not the only one who fucking loves this band on here. This is currently AOTY for me. I don't see it moving down for quite a while, if at all. Gonna take a hell of an album to beat this one.

christopher
02-09-2013, 12:16 AM
Glad I"m not the only one who fucking loves this band on here. This is currently AOTY for me. I don't see it moving down for quite a while, if at all. Gonna take a hell of an album to beat this one.

Sweet! I'll check it out soon. I'm still bummed Fall of Efrafa is gone but at least the guys are still making music.

slapguitarer
02-09-2013, 12:28 AM
If you haven't already, get their debut, Lapsus. Besides Cormorant's Dwellings, Lapsus was my favorite album of 2011.

Rocco44
02-09-2013, 02:21 PM
Sweet! I'll check it out soon. I'm still bummed Fall of Efrafa is gone but at least the guys are still making music.

I miss Fall of Efrafa as well. So sad I'll never be able to see them live.

Just so you know, the only member of FOE in Light Bearer is Alex. He writes the lyrics but doesn't compose any of the music.

A couple listens in and I'm a bit disappointed to be honest. Maybe my expectations were too high but I just find this album to be a lot less memorable and epic than Lapsus. The melodies and riffs just fall a little short for me. The length is also a bit taxing and there are a few transitions that seemed abrupt and inorganic. Still top ten for me most likely but probably not aoty like I had hoped for.

slapguitarer
02-09-2013, 03:36 PM
I will say it wasn't as epic, but it's because I feel there's a different tone to the record. As where Lapsus was more about betrayal, this seems to be more about Lucifer's vengeance, and the start of the war between him and the false god. He's angry and wants to get his word out and expose the false god's lies. I don't usually think the music is intertwined with lyrics in a lot of metal, but it seems to be with Light Bearer, even if Alex only writes the lyrics.

MPF
02-09-2013, 09:28 PM
Top 10 of 2013 as of 2-10-2013:

1.) Steven Wilson- The Raven That Refused To Sing (And Other Stories)
2.) Incura- Incura
3.) Sons of Aeon- Sons of Aeon
4.) Ancient VVisdom- Deathlike
5.) Portal- Vexovoid
6.) Dreamshade- The Gift Of Life
7.) Bad Religion- True North
8.) Cult Of Luna- Vertikal
9.) Hate- Solarflesh
10.) Mechina- Empyrean

Spiner202
02-10-2013, 04:25 AM
I guess if we're doing top 10's already, here's mine :D

1. Helloween - Straight Out Of Hell
2. Holy Grail - Ride The Void
3. Screamer - Phoenix
4. Stratovarius - Nemesis
5. Mortillery - Origin of Extinction
6. Coldsteel - America Idle (EP)
7. Voivod - Target Earth
8. Astronomikon - Dark Gorgon Rising
9. Hatriot - Heroes of Origin
10. Heavatar - Opus I - All My Kingdoms

I only see the top 4 being anywhere near this list at the end of the year.

slapguitarer
02-10-2013, 08:05 AM
1. Light Bearer – Sliver Tongue
2. Fen – Dustwalker
3. Buke and Gase – General Dome
4. My Bloody Valentine – m b v
5. This Town Needs Guns – 13.0.0.0.0
6. Calfironia X – California X
7. Hanging Garden – At Every Door
8. Cult of Luna – Vertikal
9. Voivod – Target Earth
10. Portal - Vexovoid

EPs
1. Grayceon – Pearls and The Ends Of Days
2. The Gates of Slumber – Stormcrow

Singles
1. Children of God – We Set Fire To The Sky
2. Meshuggah – Pitch Black

BloodoftheKings
02-10-2013, 09:23 AM
Why not

1. Iceage - You're Nothing
2. Pissed Jeans - Honeys
3. My Bloody Valentine- m b v
4. Tomahawk - Oddfellows
5. Buke and Gase - General Dome
6. Lil B - Pink Flame
7. Cult of Luna - Vertikal
8. Hatebreed - The Divinity of Purpose
9. Comadre - s/t
10. Bad Religion - True North

XDoomsayerX
02-10-2013, 11:08 AM
6. Lil B - Pink Flame

Is this foo that good? When I tried listening to him goddamn does he annoy the shit out of me.

mastodon421
02-10-2013, 11:44 AM
Is this foo that good? When I tried listening to him goddamn does he annoy the shit out of me.

You have to know what your getting into to be honest. Most of the time (such as on Pink Flame), he doesn't take himself seriously and his songs are just hilarious and enjoyable. There are other releases where he raps seriously and he can actually rap pretty damn well. Lil B's style won't stick with everyone, but people like BloodoftheKings and myself are Based 4 Life;)

XDoomsayerX
02-10-2013, 12:28 PM
You have to know what your getting into to be honest. Most of the time (such as on Pink Flame), he doesn't take himself seriously and his songs are just hilarious and enjoyable. There are other releases where he raps seriously and he can actually rap pretty damn well. Lil B's style won't stick with everyone, but people like BloodoftheKings and myself are Based 4 Life;)

I see. Not that it has to be serious his rap style is just so...yeah I'll just pass lol

BloodoftheKings
02-10-2013, 12:40 PM

Listen to the God's Father mixtape. If you don't like that one then Lil B just isn't for you.

hb420
02-10-2013, 12:43 PM
1. Portal - Vexovoid
2. Voivod - Target Earth
3. Eight Bells - The Captain's Daughter
4. Burnt Books - s/t
5. Manilla Road - Mysterium
6. Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Push The Sky Away
7. Kongh - Sole Creation
8. Cultes des Ghoules - Henbane
9. Audrey Horne - Youngblood
10. Victor Griffin's In-Graved - s/t
11. The Haxan Cloak - Excavation
12. Krypts - Unending Degradation

kalfitegrdan
02-10-2013, 04:24 PM
Only listened to 14 full lengths so far.

1. Sorcery - Arrival at Six
2. Comadre - Comadre
3. Lightning Swords of Death - Baphometic Chaosivm
4. Cult of Luna - Vertikal
5. Sulphur Aeon - Swallowed by the Ocean's Tide
6. Voivod - Target Earth
7. Tomahawk - Oddfellows
8. Bad Religion - True North
9. Iceage - You're Nothing
10. Fen - Dustwalker

EPs.

1. Grayceon - Pearl and the End of Days
2. The Gates of Slumber - Stormcrow
3. Rotten Sound - Species at War

DethMaiden
02-11-2013, 06:53 AM
Organizing my new music thoughts a little differently this year. I'm writing down everything that merits additional listens, one page in my notebook for each month of the year, and once I've given all those albums ample time, I'm starring the ones that should remain in the conversation come list-making season. So here's the stuff I heard in January that I starred:

The Men - New Moon
The Haxan Cloak - Excavation
Burnt Books - Burnt Books
Portal - Vexovoid

And here's the list of February stuff I've written down, awaiting potential starring:

Fever Nest - The Mooneyed and Paralyzed
Globe & Beast - Grandfather's Axe
Coliseum - Sister Faith
The Bronx - IV
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - Push the Sky Away
Audrey Horne - Youngblood

larvtard
02-11-2013, 07:59 AM
Since there's a bunch of blogs I subscribe to on GoogleReader, I can't help but listen to some new music, but this year I'm not going to really seek out new albums for the sake of it; I'm gonna actively try to fill in gaps in my music collection, listen to "essential" bands that I never got around to listening. Can you believe that I just started listening to Radiohead, The Beatles, and Joy Division? Yeah...that's why.

That being said, Cloud Rat finally released their debut LP, "Moksha." Sorta-blackened grind with influences from 90's emo violence; good stuff.

Nick_to_the_face
02-11-2013, 11:22 AM
Turnstile just posted pre-orders for their new 7":party:

jhdeity
02-11-2013, 02:12 PM
Is new Voivod really that good?

theclansman1114
02-11-2013, 03:00 PM
I guess if we're doing top 10's already, here's mine :D

1. Helloween - Straight Out Of Hell
2. Holy Grail - Ride The Void
3. Screamer - Phoenix
4. Stratovarius - Nemesis
5. Mortillery - Origin of Extinction
6. Coldsteel - America Idle (EP)
7. Voivod - Target Earth
8. Astronomikon - Dark Gorgon Rising
9. Hatriot - Heroes of Origin
10. Heavatar - Opus I - All My Kingdoms

I only see the top 4 being anywhere near this list at the end of the year.

I found Helloween's new output a disappointing follow-up to Gambling With the Devil.

Spiner202
02-11-2013, 03:21 PM
I found Helloween's new output a disappointing follow-up to Gambling With the Devil.

I actually thought that Gambling With The Devil was their weakest release in the past decade or so. It was too long, and less than half of the songs were very interesting to me. 7 Sinners was amazing, and Straight Out Of Hell is nearly as good for me.

theclansman1114
02-11-2013, 04:15 PM
I actually thought that Gambling With The Devil was their weakest release in the past decade or so. It was too long, and less than half of the songs were very interesting to me. 7 Sinners was amazing, and Straight Out Of Hell is nearly as good for me.

To be honest, Gambling With the Devil was the first Helloween album I bought since Keeper II. I'm a big Gamma Ray fan. Helloween without Kai/Kiske didn't do anything for me for YEARS. Until Gambling With the Devil. I do really like Nabatea from the new album. Unfortunately thats the first track and its all down hill after that.

Rocco44
02-12-2013, 09:54 AM
I will say it wasn't as epic, but it's because I feel there's a different tone to the record. As where Lapsus was more about betrayal, this seems to be more about Lucifer's vengeance, and the start of the war between him and the false god. He's angry and wants to get his word out and expose the false god's lies. I don't usually think the music is intertwined with lyrics in a lot of metal, but it seems to be with Light Bearer, even if Alex only writes the lyrics.

Agreed. I have to remember that these albums are meant to be experienced as a cohesive work of art. This is such an impressive undertaking. I can't think of another band I love that puts this much thought and passion into creating a collection of albums. The artwork, lyrics, melodies, songs are all painstakingly created and I can't wait for the next two albums.

the deathmetaler
02-12-2013, 12:19 PM
New Devourment leaked!!! :rocker::rocker::rocker:

Onioner
02-17-2013, 01:17 AM
Been listening to a promo of Hatchet's second album, Dawn of the End, quite a bit. I honesty didn't have huge hopes for it what with it being from a young thrash band and all, but it's honestly kicking a ton of ass and the album as a whole gets better with every listen. After spending the last three years seeing these dudes play to barely anyone and becoming friends with all of them, it really makes me happy that they signed with a label again and they are coming out with an album this good.

Where the hell is ADD at? He'd probably flip out if he saw how good Hatchet are live these days and how great the new stuff is.

slapguitarer
02-17-2013, 01:43 AM
Agreed. I have to remember that these albums are meant to be experienced as a cohesive work of art. This is such an impressive undertaking. I can't think of another band I love that puts this much thought and passion into creating a collection of albums. The artwork, lyrics, melodies, songs are all painstakingly created and I can't wait for the next two albums.

I know exactly what you mean. These guys are truly something else. I can't wait to buy the vinyl copy of Silver Tongue.

w00tasaurus
02-17-2013, 03:52 AM
No discussion of Vreid or Suffocation yet???

I haven't listened to the vreid much but it was my #3 album of 2011 so I'm excited for that.

The new Suffocation, I think, is VERY good. Like, awesome. Improved over their latest few.

Spiner202
02-17-2013, 04:58 AM
Been listening to a promo of Hatchet's second album, Dawn of the End, quite a bit. I honesty didn't have huge hopes for it what with it being from a young thrash band and all, but it's honestly kicking a ton of ass and the album as a whole gets better with every listen. After spending the last three years seeing these dudes play to barely anyone and becoming friends with all of them, it really makes me happy that they signed with a label again and they are coming out with an album this good.

Where the hell is ADD at? He'd probably flip out if he saw how good Hatchet are live these days and how great the new stuff is.

I really hope I get a promo for this. I love Awaiting Evil and have been waiting for a new one since it came out! :rocker:

Very happy to hear it's a good album.

Onioner
02-17-2013, 05:16 AM
I really hope I get a promo for this. I love Awaiting Evil and have been waiting for a new one since it came out! :rocker:

Very happy to hear it's a good album.

Awesome dude! You should send em a message on facebook or something, chances are you'll get a really nice reply from Travis, their bassist. Awaiting Evil is a good album, but it did a pretty awful job of capturing what Hatchet sounded like live in those days. For some reason Marcus tried sounding like Paul DiAnno instead of doing his normal thrash shout and Julz's guitar tone was basically neutered. The drum sound was also super weird. Great songs, but the production just didn't work. I know Julz has never been happy with it.

The guitars sound incredible on Dawn of the End, and as a singer Julz shows a ton more personality than Marcus did on Awaiting Evil. Julz's songwriting has changed a bit though, the fast ones are a bit more brutal and heavy than the quick songs on Awaiting Evil and and the midtempo songs are more Priest and Maiden-like than thrashy. You can definitely tell Julz has been expanding his tastes beyond thrash in the last few years. Awaiting Evil Part 2 this album is not!

slapguitarer
02-17-2013, 08:52 AM
No discussion of Vreid or Suffocation yet???

I haven't listened to the vreid much but it was my #3 album of 2011 so I'm excited for that.

The new Suffocation, I think, is VERY good. Like, awesome. Improved over their latest few.

New Vreid kicks ass! Was gonna post about it soon.

hb420
02-17-2013, 04:09 PM
New Darkthrone is absolutely vicious. :eek: Their best since Panzerfaust easily.. :bowdown::drool::bowdown: This year's Dawnbringer will be this hands down, fantastic heavy metal album. Glad they dialed down the crust punk severely.

hb420
02-18-2013, 01:09 PM
New top 10:
1. Portal - Vexovoid
2. Darkthrone - The Underground Resistance
3. Voivod - Target Earth
4. Eight Bells - The Captain's Daughter
5. Manilla Road - Mysterium
6. Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Push The Sky Away
7. Kongh - Sole Creation
8. Vreid - Welcome Farewell
10. Krypts - Unending Degradation

christopher
02-18-2013, 01:46 PM
The new Nails album kicks so much ass. There are two slow songs on there that should have been left off. Other than those songs, the album is pretty much perfect.

daimonos
02-18-2013, 02:11 PM
New Darkthrone is absolutely vicious. :eek: Their best since Panzerfaust easily.. :bowdown::drool::bowdown: This year's Dawnbringer will be this hands down, fantastic heavy metal album. Glad they dialed down the crust punk severely.

That's what I like to hear.

MPF
02-18-2013, 02:21 PM
BEST E.P. OF THE YEAR!!!!

http://adoravivos.bandcamp.com/album/toward-the-empyrean

John The Drummer
02-18-2013, 03:48 PM
I think I've only been to 2 shows this year so far :lol:
So here is my "Best Live Bands of 2013" List... with every band I've seen!

1. Tomahawk
2. Gojira
3. Devin Townsend Project
4. The Atlas Moth
5. Retox

Dextrimental
02-18-2013, 06:09 PM
BEST E.P. OF THE YEAR!!!!

You are correct. This is amazing.

IrritatedTrout
02-18-2013, 07:16 PM
I think I've only been to 2 shows this year so far :lol:
So here is my "Best Live Bands of 2013" List... with every band I've seen!

1. Tomahawk
2. Gojira
3. Devin Townsend Project
4. The Atlas Moth
5. Retox

Me too.

1. Testament
2. Soundgarden
3. Overkill
4. Flotsam and Jetsom
5. 4Arm

:lol:

slapguitarer
02-18-2013, 07:22 PM
Top 5 live bands of 2013 as of yet

1. Pallbearer
2. Enslaved
3. Royal Thunder
4. LSD and the Search for God
5. Gojira

christopher
02-18-2013, 07:36 PM
I can't do a top 5 live bands yet...I've literally only seen Bad Religion and Vektor and both were pretty awesome.

smearCampaign
02-18-2013, 07:48 PM
Alright, here's my top 10 live bands of 2013 thus far:

1. Neurosis
2. Negative Approach
3. Corrections House
4. Overkill
5. Dropdead
6. Testament
7. Intronaut
8. Power Trip
9. Shitstorm
10. Rwake

christopher
02-18-2013, 08:24 PM
Alright, here's my top 10 live bands of 2013 thus far:

1. Neurosis
2. Negative Approach
3. Corrections House
4. Overkill
5. Dropdead
6. Testament
7. Intronaut
8. Power Trip
9. Shitstorm
10. Rwake

Didn't make Despise You??

MPF
02-18-2013, 08:42 PM
You are correct. This is amazing.

they are good friends of mine, but that is besides the point. It's Woods Of Ypres REBORN! hard to believe they've only been together a few months, eh?

smearCampaign
02-18-2013, 08:49 PM
Didn't make Despise You??

I didn't go to the Badass Weekend thing, just the Dropdead headlining show in Austin.

brutal_descent
02-18-2013, 09:34 PM
The only two full-lengths I've listened to yet have been Hatebreed and Suffocation... the first rules, the second blows hard. Can't really make a list of best live performances thus far with only three shows this year under my belt.

slapguitarer
02-18-2013, 11:06 PM
Lincoln, new Light Bearer is free and amazing. Listen to it now.

GarageMetal468
02-19-2013, 04:05 AM
My top live bands of 2013:

1. Deceased
2. Gojira
3. Royal Thunder
4. Pallbearer
5. Enslaved
6. Devin Townsend Project
7. The Atlas Moth

... and that's all I got so far :lol:

TheWildAndTheYoung
02-19-2013, 08:46 AM
Well, the albums I've listen to so far are Crashdiet's new one and Black Veil Brides's new one.Both are killer in my opinion, and I plan on listening to the new Helloween and Stratovarius albums.

brutal_descent
02-19-2013, 08:52 AM
Lincoln, new Light Bearer is free and amazing. Listen to it now.

Already downloaded it!

ShatteredFlame
02-19-2013, 10:58 AM
http://pitchfork.com/advance/33-welcome-oblivion/

Entire How To Destroy Angels album is up for streaming.

BloodoftheKings
02-19-2013, 12:30 PM
I gotta catch up on new releases. I already have the new Light Bearer, Devourment, and Darkthrone albums sitting in my library and the new Giles Corey just came out.

Has anyone listened to the new Thom Yorke project? I was thinking of checking that out if I heard good things about it.

mastodon421
02-19-2013, 02:26 PM
The new Hatebreed is the only record I've thought was great so far this year. New Coheed and Cambria is pretty good as well, but nothing else has been anything too special. I have the new Suffocation and Within the Ruins that I plan on checking out in the next few days. There are a lot of releases I'm stoked on coming out later in the year so I have no doubt this year will be excellent, it just hasn't been that great so far.

slapguitarer
02-19-2013, 02:27 PM
You're not looking in the right places then. I already know I'm gonna like this year more than 2012 based off the 12 releases I've heard from this year.

BloodoftheKings
02-19-2013, 02:38 PM
You're not looking in the right places then. I already know I'm gonna like this year more than 2012 based off the 12 releases I've heard from this year.

I wouldn't say that just yet. I've heard about 20 new albums this year and only 3 of them are in 8/10 territory.

elturtleboy
02-19-2013, 08:46 PM
Nails is the only band to make an album this year so far that I can say I love. Shits heavy.

christopher
02-19-2013, 08:48 PM
Nails is the only band to make an album this year so far that I can say I love. Shits heavy.

I love it except for the two slow songs. I can't wait to hear the material live!!

Indestructible
02-19-2013, 10:10 PM
New song from David Draimans(Disturbed) new band Device. Vilify (https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-K1q1pw04Bs)

MPF
02-19-2013, 10:30 PM
New song from David Draimans(Disturbed) new band Device. Vilify (https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-K1q1pw04Bs)

As I've described when i posted it on Facebook:

It is David Drainman trying to add the two things wrong with modern music. Drop A tuning chugs like Slipknot, Korn and Five Finger Donkey Punch, and the occaasional shitty synth sounds in Boots and Cats music.

BloodoftheKings
02-20-2013, 06:51 AM

:barf:

Indestructible
02-20-2013, 08:54 AM
The new Device song is better than what I was expecting it to be. I wasn't expecting anything good when he said it would be industrial(not a huge fan of industrial).

adamclark52
02-20-2013, 09:43 AM
New Suffocation is okay. It really lost me on song five Sullen Days. You have to hear it to fully understand but I don't want melody when I listen to Suffocation. That song sounds like a Dethklok song. In fact, I noticed on this whole album how much Franks vocals sound like Nathan Explosion.

I also thought my CD skipped when I started playing it. Talk about going from zero to sixty! I don't think they were even on zero. It was just like going to sixty.

hb420
02-20-2013, 10:08 AM
Song from VHΦL Grace (http://pitchfork.com/reviews/tracks/14982-grace/) :party::party::party:

christopher
02-20-2013, 10:36 AM
I'm glad they rerecorded Beginning of Sorrow for the new Suffo album! I hope they play it live!

VoidFlame
02-20-2013, 01:54 PM
Song from VHΦL Grace (http://pitchfork.com/reviews/tracks/14982-grace/) :party::party::party:

Sound promising!

Addicted2metal
02-20-2013, 10:11 PM
new Eternal Tears of Sorrow is pretty good!!!

adamclark52
02-20-2013, 10:13 PM
I'm glad they rerecorded Beginning of Sorrow for the new Suffo album! I hope they play it live!

It's one of the better songs off the album. I think they've rerecorded at least half of Breeding the Spawn at this point now, haven't they?

Epidemic Reign
02-21-2013, 02:20 AM
It's one of the better songs off the album. I think they've rerecorded at least half of Breeding the Spawn at this point now, haven't they?

Precisely half. I don't know why they haven't just re-recorded the whole thing already, although I'd rather listen to the original despite the production quality. It still has more energy than they have now.

That said, I do like the new album. Moreso than the last two, at least.

Nater
02-21-2013, 11:00 AM
I'm about half way through the new Suffocation and I am really digging it. It just kicks you in the balls and doesn't really let up until that intro. It's quite the aggresive little monster

The_jman
02-21-2013, 01:20 PM
more than half way through soilwork... slightly overwhelmed on first listen quite honestly. Even though sworn to a great divide is pretty good, I'm not a big fan of soilwork without Peter Wichers

although at least the production on this record doesn't suck... I hated the guitar tone on sworn to a great divide.

in my opinion so far its a big step down from the incredible panic broadcast but I need to give it more of a try. I'm hoping that once through it all I can make my own mix of the songs I really like from the double album and have at least a regular albums worth of material I really like.

The_jman
02-22-2013, 10:40 AM
more than half way through soilwork... slightly overwhelmed on first listen quite honestly. Even though sworn to a great divide is pretty good, I'm not a big fan of soilwork without Peter Wichers

although at least the production on this record doesn't suck... I hated the guitar tone on sworn to a great divide.

in my opinion so far its a big step down from the incredible panic broadcast but I need to give it more of a try. I'm hoping that once through it all I can make my own mix of the songs I really like from the double album and have at least a regular albums worth of material I really like.
derp, that should have been underwhelmed... aka, it doesn't suck but wasn't as good as I was hoping for.

hb420
02-22-2013, 02:53 PM
New Top 10
1. Portal - Vexovoid
2. Inter Arma - Sky Burial
3. Darkthrone - The Underground Resistance
4. Eight Bells - The Captain's Daughter
5. Voivod - Target Earth
6. Kongh - Sole Creation
7. Manilla Road - Mysterium
8. Batillus - Concrete Sustain
10. Krypts - Unending Degradation

Onioner
02-22-2013, 04:52 PM
Don't know if any of you dudes remember or not, but I ended up interviewing this one death metal band made of high school kids, Hemotoxin, last summer. Still probably the lamest interview I've done, they made it painfully obvious that they were green to everything business related when it came to music. I hadn't kept up with them at all since then, but I guess they released an album. Their guitarist sent me a message on Facebook asking me for a review. After basically scolding the dude for asking for a review after the release date, not sending a promo and asking over Facebook instead of through an email to Metal Assault, I said sure since I figured it would be cool to review the debut record by one of the small bands I covered when I first started with interviews.

Surprisingly the album doesn't suck. It isn't mindblowing in any way, but the music isn't offensive, the production is actually pretty okay, and the band sounds a lot more grown up than they really are. The album is 'Between Forever... and the End' by Hemotoxin if any of you guys wanted to check it out.

Spiner202
02-22-2013, 04:53 PM
I think I got the album from them too, but I heard a song on Youtube and decided not to listen to the whole thing. Maybe I'll give it another shot.

TheWildAndTheYoung
02-22-2013, 05:15 PM
Stratovarius released new one today, sounds pretty good, definitely not as good as Visions though.

Epidemic Reign
02-23-2013, 06:31 AM
Stratovarius released new one today, sounds pretty good, definitely not as good as Visions though.

Visions is going back quite a way. I've been mostly shuffling an assortment of new albums including the new Strato lately, so I've heard quite a bit of it but honestly I haven't sat and listened to it front to back properly. I've enjoyed what I've heard though.

Epidemic Reign
02-23-2013, 06:33 AM
Personally I'm impressed with the new Soilwork, but it's a bit of a mammoth and may take awhile to fully absorb/digest and make my final opinion.

As of right now, I would say EASILY best album since APP. It will take more listens to go any farther than that. APP has always been my favorite.

MPF
02-23-2013, 12:15 PM
I absolutely love the new Soilwork, but it feels like One Disc instead of a double album. Hell you take off one song and it fits on one dis. :tongue:

But that said, I feel it's their best work to date.

The_jman
02-23-2013, 01:00 PM
I absolutely love the new Soilwork, but it feels like One Disc instead of a double album. Hell you take off one song and it fits on one dis. :tongue:

But that said, I feel it's their best work to date.
I just think some of the other albums utilize speed's vocals better, mixing the screams and clean vocals more naturally, this album didn't feel like it did it as seemlessly as other albums.

TheWildAndTheYoung
02-23-2013, 01:55 PM
Visions is going back quite a way. I've been mostly shuffling an assortment of new albums including the new Strato lately, so I've heard quite a bit of it but honestly I haven't sat and listened to it front to back properly. I've enjoyed what I've heard though.I've had a rough listen through all songs, not in one run though.

Epidemic Reign
02-25-2013, 06:37 AM
New Eternal Tears of Sorrow = AOTY for me, so far.

theclansman1114
02-25-2013, 04:59 PM

That's a big leap in time there. I'm a bit nervous about picking it up, I feel like I am going to be let down because I really enjoyed Elysium!

larvtard
02-26-2013, 01:50 PM
The new Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds record, Push the Sky Away, is incredible... it's actually the first Nick Cave record I've heard, so I have no idea how this stacks up in the context of their whole oeuvre, but either way this is one of the greatest things I've ever heard. :drool:

Epidemic Reign
02-27-2013, 05:29 AM
Please stop whatever you're doing and click here (http://suvilehto.bandcamp.com/).

adamclark52
02-27-2013, 11:29 AM
New Portal is pretty good. It's a bit too short though and ends rather anti-climactically. But at the same time, it's a good ending for the album. The length is my biggest complaint. I like the moody outro on Awryeon.

John The Drummer
02-27-2013, 12:14 PM
new darkthrone kicks so much ass, a bit short, but so awesome. New Suffo was alright.

hb420
02-27-2013, 02:02 PM
new darkthrone kicks so much ass, a bit short, but so awesome.

Truth. :rocker:

MPF
02-27-2013, 02:11 PM
This needs more love. Please check it out, it is phenomenal:

christopher
02-27-2013, 02:14 PM
I just listened to the new Jayke Orvis album Bless This Mess. I thought it would be AOTY since I loved his last album so much. The first half of the album was kind of a repeat of songs I've already heard. Even though they weren't recorded before, I wasn't really into it until the last half, which is really good!

IrritatedTrout
02-27-2013, 02:16 PM
New Deep Purple album title is 'Now What?!'.

Year of the bad album titles.

dcmetal108
02-27-2013, 06:49 PM
New Deep Purple album title is 'Now What?!'.

Year of the bad album titles.

They should rename it 13.

hb420
02-28-2013, 08:30 AM
OK, the new Tribulation album "The Formulas of Death" is fucking amazing stuff. Leaps and bounds better than their debut, they tightened the songwriting so much. I also love the slight prog coating and outside influences. :drool:

jhdeity
02-28-2013, 08:37 AM
Hatriot = Love it! Souza sounds exactly like he did 30 years ago.

300%_Density
02-28-2013, 08:59 AM
They should rename it 13.

xa123
02-28-2013, 09:05 AM
OK, the new Tribulation album "The Formulas of Death" is fucking amazing stuff. Leaps and bounds better than their debut, they tightened the songwriting so much. I also love the slight prog coating and outside influences. :drool:

Wow that's some pretty high praise! Can't wait to hear this as well as the new Verminous album.

daimonos
02-28-2013, 09:30 AM
new darkthrone kicks so much ass, a bit short, but so awesome. New Suffo was alright.

Pretty much this. I like newer Darkthrone alot anyways, so I think this one is a fine addition to that side of their catalouge.

I haven't been able to fully digest the new Suffocation yet, but I definitely heard a few bits here and there that made my ears stand up, so I'll probably enjoy it the more I listen to it.

Kongh - Sole Creation was a pleasant surprise. I meant to check these guys out a few years back but never got around to it. I've only listened to this one time but I really liked everything I've heard. Some pretty interesting stuff going on.

New Steven Wilson, Terminate, and Portal are also cool. I'm not too sure how I feel about Lightning Swords of Death.

Nater
02-28-2013, 10:16 AM

He is one of the most consistant and solid vocalists in Thrash. It's crazy

Ommie
02-28-2013, 12:22 PM
They have a new album out? Wow, didn't realize that. Should be kick-ass though.

BloodoftheKings
02-28-2013, 02:52 PM
Anyone who's into stuff like Death Grips or Dalek should check out this new group Clipping. The MC raps normally and doesn't yell or anything but the production style is even more abrasive than Death Grips. It's free too.

http://clppng.bandcamp.com/album/midcity

Onioner
02-28-2013, 06:15 PM

Really? I agree that Zetro sounds amazing, but I thought the songs as a whole were really repetitive and kinda "bay area thrash by numbers". For me anyway, it's big step down from the Tenet album and not even in the same class as Tempo of the Damned. I loved Murder American Style though, it's definitely my favorite song on the album.

XDoomsayerX
02-28-2013, 11:32 PM
Anyone who's into stuff like Death Grips or Dalek should check out this new group Clipping. The MC raps normally and doesn't yell or anything but the production style is even more abrasive than Death Grips. It's free too.

Fo sho!

Sooo new BMTH is out there...kinda want to check it out but the 2 singles they released blew.

TheWildAndTheYoung
03-01-2013, 05:11 AM
New Hardcore Superstar came out today, pretty sick record, haven't listened to the whole thing yet though.

DethMaiden
03-01-2013, 07:44 AM
Threw together a top ten through 2 months...

1. Portal - Vexovoid (Profound Lore)
2. Mount Moriah - Miracle Temple (Merge)
3. Abyssal - Novit Enim Dominus Qui Sunt Eius (self-released/Profound Lore)
4. Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Push the Sky Away (Bad Seed Ltd.)
5. Darkthrone - The Underground Resistance (Peaceville)
6. The Bronx - IV (ATO)
7. The Men - New Moon (Sacred Bones)
8. KEN Mode- Entrench (Season of Mist)
9. The Haxan Cloak - Excavation (Tri Angle)
10. Burnt Books - Burnt Books (At A Loss)

jhdeity
03-01-2013, 09:19 AM
Really? I agree that Zetro sounds amazing, but I thought the songs as a whole were really repetitive and kinda "bay area thrash by numbers". For me anyway, it's big step down from the Tenet album and not even in the same class as Tempo of the Damned. I loved Murder American Style though, it's definitely my favorite song on the album.

I can't debate the Bay Area Thrash by numbers comment because that's exactly what I was looking for in all reality. Blood Stained Wings, Murder American Style and Suicide Run are all classics that I would have loved back in the day and still be listening to.

Onioner
03-01-2013, 10:00 AM
I can't debate the Bay Area Thrash by numbers comment because that's exactly what I was looking for in all reality. Blood Stained Wings, Murder American Style and Suicide Run are all classics that I would have loved back in the day and still be listening to.

Fair enough, since you're someone who grew up with the music I'm sure you'd connect more to it than I ever would! The guitarists Kosta and Miguel kick a ton of ass on the album though, I'd love to hear what they can do if they break out of the thrash mold they've put themselves in.

Rocco44
03-01-2013, 01:15 PM
This is all that I've listened to so far.

1. Light Bearer – Silver Tongue
2. The Fall of Every Season – Amends
3. Steven Wilson – The Raven That Refused To Sing
4. Cult of Luna – Vertikal
5. And So I Watch You From Afar – All Hail Bright Futures
6. Destroy Judas – TBA
7. Omnium Gatherum – Beyond
8. Caladan Brood – Echoes of Battle
9. Long Distance Calling – The Flood Inside
10. Soilwork – The Living Infinite

treghet
03-02-2013, 04:41 AM
The new Horna album is streaming here: http://www.levykauppax.fi/artist/horna/askel_lahempana_saatanaa/

hb420
03-02-2013, 03:30 PM
The new Horna album is streaming here: http://www.levykauppax.fi/artist/horna/askel_lahempana_saatanaa/

:bowdown:

This is fucking great. I'm a huge Horna fan and this a fantastic surprise. Huge step up from their last couple of releases.

daimonos
03-02-2013, 11:00 PM
:bowdown:

This is fucking great. I'm a huge Horna fan and this a fantastic surprise. Huge step up from their last couple of releases.

Oh yeah.

christopher
03-02-2013, 11:29 PM

Sounds great! These fuckers need to come back. I'm still super pissed off the cops shut down their show in Pomona in 2008. :(

ShatteredFlame
03-04-2013, 08:06 AM

This is some interesting stuff.

John The Drummer
03-04-2013, 12:12 PM

YOU DO NOT DISRESPECT PANTERA!!!!!

mastodon421
03-05-2013, 06:16 AM
For the pop punk bros on here, the new Story So Far leaked.

dcmetal108
03-05-2013, 06:27 PM

I can't find it.

Onioner
03-05-2013, 10:59 PM
Listening to a promo of Earth Rocker. Only two songs in and it already drags Strange Cousins From The West into a back alley, beats it up and takes its lunch money. IT'S SO GOOD.

XDoomsayerX
03-05-2013, 11:32 PM

Link a nigga up! :D

DethMaiden
03-06-2013, 10:15 AM
There is a new Album of the Year, and it is by Altar of Plagues.

mankvill
03-06-2013, 10:29 AM

that's not how you spell The Wonder Years

MPF
03-06-2013, 10:58 AM
The new song from Fallujah is fucking amazing!

illuminatus917
03-06-2013, 11:08 AM
1. The Fall of Every Season - Amends
2. How To Destroy Angels - Welcome Oblivion
3. Mourning Beloveth - Formless
4. Ash Borer - Bloodlands
5. Alexa Borden - Flares

I'm anxious to hear this.

slapguitarer
03-06-2013, 11:49 AM
Dude, new Light Bearer is totally free. No excuse to not listen to it.

MPF
03-06-2013, 12:04 PM

I have it, just haven't had the free time to hear it yet.

DethMaiden
03-06-2013, 12:04 PM

Dunno who "dude" is in this instance but that album is hella overrated.

slapguitarer
03-06-2013, 12:08 PM
That was for illuminatus, and you're wrong.

BloodoftheKings
03-06-2013, 12:13 PM
If a rip of the new Boris album doesn't show up online soon this is gonna be a long week.

adamclark52
03-06-2013, 07:59 PM
New Rotting Christ is pretty good. Like most of their albums it has some really good songs and some that do nothing for me. But their really good songs are SO good they make the album instantly awesome. I don't know the song titles but songs 1, 4 and 8 are the really good ones. Song 5 is really the only one I didn't like.

energymetal14
03-07-2013, 12:01 PM

This album is sick!

I REALLY want to hear this.

illuminatus917
03-07-2013, 04:27 PM
I will definitely check it out Slap.

Spiner202
03-07-2013, 05:41 PM
The new Eruption album is really good. Much more interesting than a lot of thrash coming out these days, and I listen to a lot of it.

Also, the new Sodom song sounds really good. Hopefully the entire album is as strong.

BloodoftheKings
03-07-2013, 06:53 PM
The new Boris leaked.

christopher
03-07-2013, 09:05 PM
The new Black Eyed Vermillion album The Pleasure Tide is fucking great!! Best thing they have ever done!

Rocco44
03-08-2013, 05:29 PM
That was for illuminatus, and you're wrong.

Agreed. I haven't heard very much hype about the album at all anyways.

jhdeity
03-08-2013, 06:51 PM
Clutch leaked. YES!

hb420
03-09-2013, 08:33 AM
People who love doom and/or industrial rock NEED to check out the Batillus album it's streaming here (http://www.metalsucks.net/2013/03/08/exclusive-premiere-stream-the-new-batillus-album-concrete-sustain-in-full/).

slapguitarer
03-09-2013, 08:47 AM
Batillus is a cool guy. Thanks for the link.

jhdeity
03-10-2013, 06:54 AM
I just posted on the Best Comebacks thread but I'll say it here also. Clutch Earth Rocker is top to bottem better than Strange Cousins in every way. Their best work since Blast Tyrant to me. Can't wait for 4:20!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Onioner
03-10-2013, 11:14 AM
I just posted on the Best Comebacks thread but I'll say it here also. Clutch Earth Rocker is top to bottem better than Strange Cousins in every way. Their best work since Blast Tyrant to me. Can't wait for 4:20!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Told ya it kicks ass! I dunno if it tops Robot Hive (I really love that one in particular), but it beats the shit out of Strange Cousins. Crucial Velocity in particular is so badass.

jhdeity
03-10-2013, 12:08 PM
Told ya it kicks ass! I dunno if it tops Robot Hive (I really love that one in particular), but it beats the shit out of Strange Cousins. Crucial Velocity in particular is so badass.

Yeah I didn't realize it was produced by Machine who did Blast Tyrant and Hed PE - Broke 2 of my favorite cd's of all time. Very cool.

Onioner
03-10-2013, 12:58 PM
Yeah I didn't realize it was produced by Machine who did Blast Tyrant and Hed PE - Broke 2 of my favorite cd's of all time. Very cool.

Clutch is the only band I really like out of everyone Machine has worked with, but I'll readily admit that his engineering work is outstanding. Dude's mixes are always super balanced and his drum tones rule. Earth Rocker has the best production I've heard on a rock album in a really long time.

300%_Density
03-11-2013, 06:01 AM
Man I was really late to the party, didn't know it already leaked. My work today will be nonexistant...But that's ok w/ me.

EDIT: I just got the urge to yell DC, DC Sound Attack really loud at my office just now. I held off but damn I really wanted to yell that.

slapguitarer
03-11-2013, 03:51 PM
New Intronaut is streaming here

http://3voor12.vpro.nl/luisterpaal/albums/Intronaut.html

daimonos
03-12-2013, 06:23 PM
How do I already know that 2013 is a much better year than 2012? Because at this time last year I couldn't even make half of a list, and right now I've got 12, and I actually like all 12 of them...

1. Clutch - Earth Rocker
3. Complete Failure - The Art Gospel of Aggravated Assault
4. Denouncement Pyre - Almighty Arcanum
5. Steven Wilson - The Raven that Refused to Sing
6. Suffocation - Pinnacle of Bedlam
7. Kongh - Sole Creation
9. Portal - Vexovoid
10. Terminate - Ascending to Red Heavens
11. Rotten Sound - Species of War
12. Lightning Swords of Death - Baphometic Creations

On my current horizon: Batillus, Nails, Enabler, Terror, Cough/Windham, and Black Sabbath.

jhdeity
03-12-2013, 06:43 PM
How do I already know that 2013 is a much better year than 2012? Because at this time last year I couldn't even make half of a list, and right now I've got 12, and I actually like all 12 of them...

1. Clutch - Earth Rocker
3. Complete Failure - The Art Gospel of Aggravated Assault
4. Denouncement Pyre - Almighty Arcanum
5. Steven Wilson - The Raven that Refused to Sing
6. Suffocation - Pinnacle of Bedlam
7. Kongh - Sole Creation
9. Portal - Vexovoid
10. Terminate - Ascending to Red Heavens
11. Rotten Sound - Species of War
12. Lightning Swords of Death - Baphometic Creations

On my current horizon: Batillus, Nails, Enabler, Terror, Cough/Windham, and Black Sabbath.

2013 will be a historic year in MetalSetlist land. Wanna know why? I think it'll be the 1st year since I've been here that we get the #1 year end album of the year right. One can hope....

powerslave_85
03-12-2013, 06:46 PM
Altar of Plagues is damn good, but I haven't spent much time with it yet.

Earth Rocker is easily their best since Robot Hive, and might eclipse that one too. "DC Sound Attack!" is the best song they've done in years.

I have the new Boris and Intronaut, but haven't had a chance to listen to them yet.

jhdeity
03-13-2013, 04:01 AM
Altar of Plagues is damn good, but I haven't spent much time with it yet.

Earth Rocker is easily their best since Robot Hive, and might eclipse that one too. "DC Sound Attack!" is the best song they've done in years.

I have the new Boris and Intronaut, but haven't had a chance to listen to them yet.

The 3 songs they've been playing live DC Sound Attack, Cyborg Bette and Crucial Velocity are all 3 incredible songs that should be live staples for decades to come.

I'm utterly obsessed with Gone Cold right now. Total Tarantino movie soundtrack glorious. Unto the Breach, Book, Saddle & Go and The Face are all incredible songs in their own right also.

Coming form the guy who bashed Strange Cousins voraciously I stick by my stance 110% now. My least favorite song on Earth Rocker, ironically the title track is better than every song on Strange Cousins to me.

I think in a decade we'll all be licking our chops at the chance to see Earth Rocker played live in it's entirety. It's that good.

All hail Clutch... and Machine!

kalfitegrdan
03-15-2013, 05:02 AM
Another new song from the upcoming Hypocrisy album:

Tales of Thy Spineless (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eOBqHQIGJQ&feature=youtu.be)

It sounds pretty damn good.

Rocco44
03-15-2013, 01:51 PM
5. And So I Watch You From Afar – All Hail Bright Futures
6. Destroy Judas – TBA
7. Omnium Gatherum – Beyond
8. Clutch – Earth Rocker
9. Caladan Brood – Echoes of Battle
10. Imperium Dekadenz – Meadows of Nostalgia
11. Darkthrone – The Underground Resistance
12. Batillus – Concrete Sustain
13. Kowloon Walled City – Container Ships
14. Long Distance Calling – The Flood Inside
15. Soilwork – The Living Infinite

Great start to the year already.

kalfitegrdan
03-19-2013, 04:27 AM
The new Darkthrone is really, really badass.

powerslave_85
03-19-2013, 09:19 AM
Unsurprisingly, the new Kvelertak is the shit.

smearCampaign
03-19-2013, 09:36 AM
I picked up Inter Arma's Sky Burial and Batillus' Concrete Sustain at SXSW. Both solid albums. :rocker:

If you like industrial influenced metal, check out Batillus ASAP.

XDoomsayerX
03-19-2013, 09:45 AM
New KSE does not sound too promising. Straight up Times of Grace which was an okay cd...

DethMaiden
03-19-2013, 09:49 AM
Unsurprisingly, the new Kvelertak is the shit.

Yep. With this and Clutch premiering the same week I'm not sure there's been enough beer brewed in the world for how hard I want to party.

hb420
03-19-2013, 10:05 AM
New VHΦL song, which unsurprisingly kicks large amounts of ass. I still believe this is destined to be AOTY this year.Illuminate (http://stereogum.com/1291311/vhol-illuminate-stereogum-premiere/mp3/)

Also the music video for the single off the new Altar of Plagues album "Teethed Glory & Injury" entitled "God Alone" premiered on Pitchfork. Shows the more experimental and grind like style they've been saying will be on the record. Not entirely sold on the video but the track is great. God Alone (Offical Music Video) (http://pitchfork.com/tv/youtube/13-music-videos/737-altar-of-plagues-god-alone-official-music-video/)

mastodon421
03-19-2013, 10:09 AM
New KSE does not sound too promising. Straight up Times of Grace which was an okay cd...

In Due Time is fanfuckingtastic imo, The New Awakening is just decent. I'm still beyond stoked to hear the rest of the record and I have complete faith in Killswitch to make a great record with Jesse back in the band.

hb420
03-19-2013, 01:27 PM
Just checked out new Cathedral and Hypocrisy, both are fucking great.

daimonos
03-19-2013, 02:27 PM
Saw Inter Arma open for Mutilation Rites last week and I was blown away. Picked up their album today and it's pretty kickass.

Epidemic Reign
03-19-2013, 03:20 PM
New Hypocrisy is, as I suspected, more reminiscent of "The Arrival" than either of the last two albums. Probably a much better record than "The Arrival", but I'm not sure if I'll end up liking it as much as "A Taste of Extreme Divinity".

Need to listen more to solidify my opinion. The only thing that matters right now is it kicks ass.

jhdeity
03-19-2013, 04:39 PM
New VHΦL song, which unsurprisingly kicks large amounts of ass. I still believe this is destined to be AOTY this year.Illuminate (http://stereogum.com/1291311/vhol-illuminate-stereogum-premiere/mp3/)

Also the music video for the single off the new Altar of Plagues album "Teethed Glory & Injury" entitled "God Alone" premiered on Pitchfork. Shows the more experimental and grind like style they've been saying will be on the record. Not entirely sold on the video but the track is great. God Alone (Offical Music Video) (http://pitchfork.com/tv/youtube/13-music-videos/737-altar-of-plagues-god-alone-official-music-video/)

Vhol = Holy Fucksnot! The review is as good as the song also. Any reference to Skitching is cool by me. Any one else love that old school video game? Probably not... Great fucking drumming! Going back to liisten to it again!

hb420
03-19-2013, 04:51 PM
Vhol = Holy Fucksnot! The review is as good as the song also. Any reference to Skitching is cool by me. Any one else love that old school video game? Probably not... Great fucking drumming! Going back to liisten to it again!

:fist: More people need to check them out! How can anybody not love a mix of blackened crust with heavy/speed metal interjected.

kalfitegrdan
03-19-2013, 04:58 PM

Whoa! That music video was pretty weird. The song sounds really good though. A bit different than what I remember Mammal sounding like, but I'm definitely digging the style.

Rocco44
03-21-2013, 10:06 AM
Dread Sovereign, new doomy band with Alan of Primordial on vocals. They have one song up from their upcoming EP on Roadburn Records.

http://dreadsovereign.bandcamp.com/

Spiner202
03-22-2013, 07:18 PM
Has anybody heard the new Satan album, Life Sentence, yet? If this isn't in most people's top 10's, I'll be surprised. I didn't know what to expect, having never heard the band before, but this an awesome record.

MPF
03-22-2013, 11:41 PM
My Top 20 Of 2013 as of 3-23-2013

1.) Clutch- Earth Rocker
2.) Steven Wilson- The Raven That Refused To Sing (And Other Stories)
3.) In Vain- Ζnigma
4.) Soilwork- The Living Infinite
5.) Long Distance Calling- The Flood Inside
6.) For The Imperium- Hail The Monsters
7.) Sons of Aeon- S/T
8.) Agrypnie- Aetas Cineris
9.) Incura- S/T
10.) Dreamshade- The Gift Of Life
11.) Boris- Prδparat
12.) Hope Drone- S/T
13.) On Wings of Wax- The Empty Bed
14.) Portal- Vexovoid
15.) Omnium Gatherum- Beyond
16.) Bad Religion- True North
17.) Cult Of Luna- Vertikal
18.) Hate- Solarflesh
19.) Mechina- Empyrean
20.) Ancient VVisdom- Deathlike

IrritatedTrout
03-23-2013, 10:57 AM

1.) - 20.) Nothing :lol:

A couple of, hopefully good, releases in April though.

slapguitarer
03-23-2013, 11:01 AM
1. Light Bearer – Sliver Tongue
2. Intronaut – Habitual Levitations
3. Fen – Dustwalker
4. My Bloody Valentine – m b v
5. Clutch – Earth Rocker
6. Vreid – Welcome Farewell
7. Buke and Gase – General Dome
8. This Town Needs Guns – 13.0.0.0.0
9. Call of the Void – Dragged Down An Dead End Path
10. Nails – Abandon All Life
11. The Fall Of Every Season – Amends
12. Children of God – We Set Fire To The Sky
13. Hanging Garden – At Every Door *
14. Calfironia X – California X*
15. Forlorn Path – Man’s Last Portrait
16. Tomahawk – Oddfellows*
17. Cult of Luna – Vertikal *
18. Voivod – Target Earth*
19. Cakes Da Killa – The Eulogy
20. Portal – Vexovoid

EPs
1. Grayceon – Pearls and The Ends Of Days
2. The Gates of Slumber – Stormcrow

TheWildAndTheYoung
03-23-2013, 11:32 AM
1.Crashdiet - The Savage Playground
2.Black Veil Brides - Wretched And Divine: The Story Of The Wild Ones
3.Hardcore Superstar - C'mon Take Me
4.Stratovarius - Nemesis
5.W.E.T. - Rise Up
6.Bon Jovi - What About Now
7.Lordi - To Beast Or Not To Beast
8.Confessions - Buckcherry
9.Straight Out Of Hell - Helloween

Yea, I know, short list, but those are really the only albums I've heard so far this year that I really like.

BloodoftheKings
03-23-2013, 12:23 PM
I've heard about 30 new albums this year but most of them were meh so i'll only post a top 10.

1. Pissed Jeans - Honeys
2. Iceage - You're Nothing
3. My Bloody valentine - m b v
4. Tomahawk - Oddfellows
5. Boris - Prδparat
6. Clipping - Midcity
7. Buke & Gase - General Dome
8. Devourment - Conceived in Sewage
9. Nails - Abandon All Life
10. David Bowie - The Next Day

EPs:

1. Giles Corey - Hinterkaifeck
2. Cryptodira - Recursions
3. The Gates of Slumber - Stormcrow
4. Rotten Sound - Species at War

There's a lot of albums I still need to get to but so far i'm pretty underwhelmed this year. I haven't heard anything that I would rate above an 8/10 yet.

hellawaits77ny
03-23-2013, 12:48 PM
Anyone else think the new Jungle Rot sucks? Saw them live last year and they were great. I think they're one of those bands who just sound better live than they do in studio.

kalfitegrdan
03-23-2013, 02:49 PM
Anyone else think the new Jungle Rot sucks? Saw them live last year and they were great. I think they're one of those bands who just sound better live than they do in studio.

I always thought the exact opposite. :lol:

Top 15 as of now:

1. Sorcery - Arrival at Six
3. Comadre - Comadre
4. Lightning Swords of Death - Baphometic Chaosivm
5. Mindmaze - Mask of Lies
6. Batillus - Concrete Sustain
7. Cult of Luna - Vertikal
8. Finntroll - Blodsvept
9. Devourment - Conceived in Sewage
10. Sulphur Aeon - Swallowed by the Ocean's Tide
11. Voivod - Target Earth
12. Tomahawk - Oddfellows
13. Defeated Sanity - Passages Into Deformity
14. Bad Religion - True North
15. Riverside - Shrine of New Generation Slaves

EPs:

1. Grayceon - Pearl and the End of Days
2. The Gates of Slumber - Stormcrow
3. Rotten Sound - Species at War

mastodon421
03-23-2013, 03:15 PM
I'm up to a whopping 11 records heard so far this year, hoping things get a lot better as the year progresses.

1.Hatebreed-The Divinity of Purpose
2.Suffocation-Pinnacle of Bedlam
3.Clutch-Earth Rocker
4.Intronaut-Habitual Levitations
5.Coheed and Cambria-The Afterman: Descension
6.The Story So Far-What You Don't See
7.Within the Ruins-Elite
8.Bad Religion-True North
9.A$AP Rocky-Long.Live.A$AP
10.Bring Me the Horizon-Sempiternal
11.Dropkick Murphys-Signed and Sealed in Blood

DementedX14
03-23-2013, 05:52 PM

1.) - 20.) Nothing :lol:

A couple of, hopefully good, releases in April though.

Same here!:party:

Spiner202
03-23-2013, 07:01 PM
I've heard 20 releases so far this year, but I'll only do a top 10.

1. Stratovarius - Nemesis
2. Helloween - Straight Out Of Hell
3. Holy Grail - Ride The Void
4. Screamer - Phoenix
5. Hatchet - Dawn of the End
6. Satan - Life Sentence
7. Gloryhammer - Tales From The Kingdom of Fife
8. Mortillery - Origin of Extinction
9. Coldsteel - America Idle
10. Voivod - Target Earth

adamclark52
03-23-2013, 07:01 PM
I'm up to maybe five albums this year. So far Rotting Christ's new one is far and away the best. Suffocation's lasted about two weeks in my CD player until it was replaced, the new Portal is good but too short. The rest are all digital downloads and nothing special.

Addicted2metal
03-23-2013, 09:17 PM
I'm up to a whopping 11 records heard so far this year, hoping things get a lot better as the year progresses.

1.Hatebreed-The Divinity of Purpose
2.Suffocation-Pinnacle of Bedlam
3.Clutch-Earth Rocker
4.Intronaut-Habitual Levitations
5.Coheed and Cambria-The Afterman: Descension
6.The Story So Far-What You Don't See
7.Within the Ruins-Elite
8.Bad Religion-True North
9.A$AP Rocky-Long.Live.A$AP
10.Bring Me the Horizon-Sempiternal
11.Dropkick Murphys-Signed and Sealed in Blood I thought I was the only one who enjoyed the new CD didn't expect it to be good at all.

Nater
03-23-2013, 09:56 PM
I have a ton of stuff that came out that I need to check but I just havn't had time to make it down to the record shop yet. Maybe tomorrow.

mastodon421
03-24-2013, 06:51 AM
I thought I was the only one who enjoyed the new CD didn't expect it to be good at all.

It was just alright imo. Musically it's pretty damn good, but Oli Sykes is still a shitty vocalist so he drags down the substantial musical progression they made on that record.

Addicted2metal
03-24-2013, 07:49 AM
Oli Sykes is still a shitty vocalist so he drags down the substantial musical progression they made on that record. agreed

daimonos
03-24-2013, 10:55 AM
Here's one that some of you should check out, Grisly Amputation. These dudes are friends of mine from Pittsburgh, if you like dirty, old-school-ish death metal, I think you'll dig this.

http://grislyamputation.bandcamp.com/album/cannibalistic-tendencies

jhdeity
03-24-2013, 12:14 PM
I'm digging the new Sevendust. Their best since Alpha I think...

Maiden33
03-24-2013, 04:58 PM
5. Mindmaze - Mask of Lies

:party:

Thanks! \m/

Spiner202
03-24-2013, 05:29 PM
:party:

Thanks! \m/

Damn, I still need to hear this. I play "Never Look Back" constantly on YouTube, but I just haven't got around to buying the album yet. Next paycheck! :rocker:

Nater
03-25-2013, 07:22 PM
Jungle Rot's new album is fucking great

Maiden33
03-25-2013, 08:38 PM
Damn, I still need to hear this. I play "Never Look Back" constantly on YouTube, but I just haven't got around to buying the album yet. Next paycheck! :rocker:

If you order by the end of the day on 3/31 (Saturday), you receive a free 11x17" signed poster! :rocker:

300%_Density
03-26-2013, 09:53 AM
Anyone heard new Suicidal album yet? Haven't heard anything yet.

BloodoftheKings
03-26-2013, 01:14 PM
Just finished my first spin of the new Kvelertak. It's good but I can't say I like it more than the self titled. I can see it growing on me with a few more listens though.

christopher
03-26-2013, 02:23 PM
The Dear Hunter's new album is streaming online here. (http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/1554459/the-dear-hunter-migrant-exclusive-album-premiere)

Epidemic Reign
03-27-2013, 01:16 AM
Tried my best to put them in order, though most of them are constantly shifting around.

01. Soilwork - The Living Infinite
02. Tyrant Goatgaldrakona - Horns in the Dark
03. Sulphur Aeon - Swallowed by the Ocean's Tide
04. Infernal Poetry - Paraphiliac
05. Fractal Gates - Beyond the Self
06. Eternal Tears of Sorrow - Saivon Lapsi
07. Stratovarius - Nemesis
08. Finntroll - Blodsvept
09. Blood Tsunami - For Faen!
10. Hypocrisy - End of Disclosure
11. Aether Realm - One Chosen by the Gods
12. KMFDM - Kunst
13. Sorcery - Arrival at Six
14. Clutch - Earth Rocker
15. Helloween - Straight Out of Hell
16. In Vain - Aenigma
17. Rolo Tomassi - Astraea
18. Illnath - 4 Shades of Me
19. Devourment - Conceived in Sewage
20. Amaranthe - The Nexus

300%_Density
03-27-2013, 09:34 AM
So...Wow. I just listened to new Suicidal album. Holy shit, this is a great album. If anybody listened to "This World", I can tell you that it really is the worst song (by far) on the album. It's mostly a thrashy ST sound w/ still a little bit of the hardcore punk, while still containing the same amount of funk as their older material.

I do know they haven't really done a full length in 13 years, but this is easily the BEST they've done since Lights...Camera back in '90. This is the album that they should have made to follow up that album. This will be in my AOTY Top 10, I'm pretty convinced of this already.

Best track IMO: Slam City

Too bad it took 13 years to put this out. SUICIDAL!!!!

Rocco44
03-27-2013, 11:37 AM
Solid list already and we're only 4 months in.

5. Destroy Judas – TBA
6. And So I Watch You From Afar – All Hail Bright Futures
7. Magic Circle – Magic Circle
8. Omnium Gatherum – Beyond
9. Clutch – Earth Rocker
10. Caladan Brood – Echoes of Battle
11. Imperium Dekadenz – Meadows of Nostalgia
12. Darkthrone – The Underground Resistance
13. Batillus – Concrete Sustain
14. Kowloon Walled City – Container Ships
15. Kvelertak – Meir
16. Kongh – Sole Creation
17. October Falls – A Plague of a Coming Age
18. Long Distance Calling – The Flood Inside
19. Soilwork – The Living Infinite
20. Killswitch Engage – Disarm The Discent

slapguitarer
03-27-2013, 12:17 PM
I thought Container Ships was 2012.

Onioner
03-27-2013, 01:16 PM
Earth Rocker is getting better and better with every listen, and I loved it the first time through. The only song I don't like is The Face, everything else kicks so much ass. The only real "flaw" so to speak is Neil's lyrics. He just isn't a weirdo anymore, except on Cyborg Bette. He's still much better than other lyricists, but I don't think he'll ever match his stuff from Blast Tyrant and Robot Hive ever again.

MPF
03-27-2013, 09:15 PM
Earth Rocker is getting better and better with every listen, and I loved it the first time through. The only song I don't like is The Face, everything else kicks so much ass. The only real "flaw" so to speak is Neil's lyrics. He just isn't a weirdo anymore, except on Cyborg Bette. He's still much better than other lyricists, but I don't think he'll ever match his stuff from Blast Tyrant and Robot Hive ever again.

:(

I love that groove so much.

jhdeity
03-28-2013, 04:49 AM

Earth Rocker's chorus is pretty weirdo in my opinion. Still my least favorite song on the album only because of the godawful chorus. I like The Face actually. Not sure it would translate that well live but it's catchy and gets stuck in my head. Glad to see Cyborg Bette back in the live rotation...

300%_Density
03-28-2013, 05:25 AM
:(

I love that groove so much.

:agree:

daimonos
03-28-2013, 10:05 AM
The Face features the most Sabbath-y riff Clutch has ever utilized.

hb420
03-29-2013, 12:07 AM
New VHOL song from NPR Insane With Faith (http://www.npr.org/blogs/allsongs/2013/03/28/175453378/vh-l-runs-off-the-rails-insane-with-faith)

:drool::drool::drool::drool:

adamclark52
03-29-2013, 12:23 AM
I just got my digital download copy of the new Sigur Ros EP 'Brennisteinn'. It's pretty good. The second song Hryggjarsϊla has a great passage halfway through to the end that reminds me more of Godspeed You! Black Emperor. And the last song Ofbirta is some typical Sigur Ros ambient beauty.

I had no idea that they already had a new album in the can and it was coming out in June. That's awesome. Valtari was a great CD. I'm really looking forward to seeing them Saturday.

jhdeity
03-29-2013, 02:14 PM
The Face features the most Sabbath-y riff Clutch has ever utilized.

I didn't realize the Sabbath-y influence at first listen but hear it now.

Nater
03-31-2013, 08:40 AM
So I was up at the local record store here in Maine called Bullmoose Music and I found a special edition copy of the new KsE album for sale. They sold it to me. I FUCKING LOVE IT

dcmetal108
03-31-2013, 06:41 PM
Holy shit the new KSE is insanely super fucking amazing insanely fucking awesome.

The_jman
03-31-2013, 07:20 PM
Holy shit the new KSE is insanely super fucking amazing insanely fucking awesome.
I would say this, but I don't think I like it quite as much as you do. It is very very good though, best since as daylight dies for sure, probably best since end of heartache

dcmetal108
04-01-2013, 08:48 AM
Terror's new album just leaked!

elturtleboy
04-01-2013, 03:27 PM
SxTx was ok. Not as bad as i expected. I started to love new Darkthrone.

Addicted2metal
04-02-2013, 07:49 PM
Stone Sour The House of Gold & Bones part 2 :drool:

dcmetal108
04-02-2013, 08:36 PM
Stone Sour The House of Gold & Bones part 2 :drool:

Better than Part 1 because Part 1 was awesome.

XDoomsayerX
04-02-2013, 10:35 PM
New KSE is aight. Need to relisten to it but on first listen def sounds like God Forbid vocals. Also I recently been listening to AOJB so that doesnt help, goddamn that's a fucking album. :drool:

Rocco44
04-03-2013, 01:21 AM
New KSE is aight. Need to relisten to it but on first listen def sounds like God Forbid vocals. Also I recently been listening to AOJB so that doesnt help, goddamn that's a fucking album. :drool:

Agreed. I also think it is inferior to the Times of Grace album. Still a solid album.

electrocute1031
04-03-2013, 07:55 AM
Has anyone checked out the new wormed album? I'm listening to it now for the first time, and it's awesome.

The_jman
04-03-2013, 02:02 PM
Agreed. I also think it is inferior to the Times of Grace album. Still a solid album.
I think the new kse is very good for what it is. Times of grace stood out because it was different. Although very very good, does not really break the kse mold.

I do think jessee's growled vocals are much better on the new record than previous releases.

Also, the new stone sour kicks some major ass

dcmetal108
04-03-2013, 02:32 PM
The new KSE album is my favorite album this year so far only ahead of Terror.

New Terror is really good but not close even to Keepers Of The Faith.

MPF
04-03-2013, 04:35 PM
The new KSE sounds like the album that would have been right after alive Or Just Breathing, if Jesse was in the band. I love it. The Call is the best song.

mastodon421
04-03-2013, 07:04 PM
New Killswitch is fucking fantastic. Easily the best album I've heard this year and their best since End of Heartache.

mastodon421
04-03-2013, 07:12 PM
Also if you haven't heard the Fallujah EP, get on that shit.

electrocute1031
04-04-2013, 05:59 PM
Finally got the chance to listen to the new Killswitch. I really dig it.

300%_Density
04-05-2013, 10:10 AM
So new Volbeat...Yea...

Its great as long as King Diamond is in the song. If he's not, AVOID this. That being said, this album will be huge on rock radio and will break this band even bigger in the US. I would bet almost anything on it.

John The Drummer
04-05-2013, 12:12 PM
Finally got the chance to listen to the new Killswitch. I really dig it.

I heard one song last night and actually REALLY enjoyed it. Makes me miss listening to KsE. Really tempted to pick it up...

Nater
04-05-2013, 03:57 PM
I heard one song last night and actually REALLY enjoyed it. Makes me miss listening to KsE. Really tempted to pick it up...

It's totally worth listening to. The entire album is solid and is right on par with AOJB.

dcmetal108
04-05-2013, 06:20 PM
So new Volbeat...Yea...

Its great as long as King Diamond is in the song. If he's not, AVOID this. That being said, this album will be huge on rock radio and will break this band even bigger in the US. I would bet almost anything on it.

I really loved Volbeats last album so odds are I'll like the new one.

christopher
04-05-2013, 09:17 PM
I'm really digging the new KSE! :rocker:

dcmetal108
04-05-2013, 10:23 PM
New Volbeats really fucking good.

treghet
04-07-2013, 09:45 AM
Ghost has leaked. Going to give it a listen today.

christopher
04-07-2013, 11:24 AM
Ghost has leaked. Going to give it a listen today.

Awesome! Thanks for the heads up.

christopher
04-07-2013, 12:23 PM
I just listened to the new Ghost album and not really feeling it. I hope the songs translate better live when I see them next week.

daimonos
04-07-2013, 12:24 PM
Blake Judd (Nachtmystium)'s new project Hate Meditation (also feat. members of Leviathan, Vitandus, and Dark Fortress) are releasing their debut full length May 24th on Indie Recordings.

There's a track streaming here:
http://stereogum.com/1282251/hate-meditation-the-genocide-march-blake-judd-from-nachtmystium/mp3s/

treghet
04-07-2013, 05:37 PM
I just listened to the new Ghost album and not really feeling it. I hope the songs translate better live when I see them next week.

Yeah, I feel the same. I love Year Zero, but the rest of the songs range from decent to boring. Definitely a let down.

Epidemic Reign
04-08-2013, 08:45 AM
New Rob Zombie leaked today, and it's really good. If you like Rob Zombie.

IrritatedTrout
04-08-2013, 09:06 AM
That's good to hear.

Northern_Shaman
04-08-2013, 02:31 PM
http://seasonofmistcatalogue.bandcamp.com/album/heart-of-oak

My local bros Anciients are fucking wreckin' it. Their (first!) album is finally streaming.

These dudes are going big.

Rocco44
04-08-2013, 09:47 PM

My local bros Anciients are fucking wreckin' it. Their (first!) album is finally streaming.

I listened to a few songs today and dug them quite a bit. Good riffage.

slapguitarer
04-08-2013, 10:12 PM
Yeah, that album was pretty solid

moobys37
04-09-2013, 08:04 PM

Very solid. Wish these guys came out a few years back. They would have exploded.

christopher
04-09-2013, 08:09 PM
I've been playing the new Ghost a lot in the background while I've been doing homework the last two days and its starting to grow on me.

christopher
04-09-2013, 08:11 PM
New Rob Zombie leaked today, and it's really good. If you like Rob Zombie.

haha really? I did make a joke a while back about the album being awesome so people could yell out those horrible track names at his shows. :lol: I'll check it out now.

electrocute1031
04-10-2013, 06:55 PM
Listened to the new ghost a couple of times, the more i listen to it the more i love it. After this I'm listening to the new Rob Zombie.

BloodoftheKings
04-10-2013, 09:07 PM
The new Ghost is pretty good. I really dig that track Ghuleh/Zombie Queen.

Just downloaded the new Big K.R.I.T. mixtape. Gonna give that a spin tomorrow.

Epidemic Reign
04-11-2013, 07:01 AM
haha really? I did make a joke a while back about the album being awesome so people could yell out those horrible track names at his shows. :lol: I'll check it out now.

lol yeah, I was surprised at how catchy and fun "Ging Gang Gong De Do Gong De Laga Raga" is. I thought it would take me a while to remember how to say it but you only have to hear it once and it sticks in your head haha.

The_jman
04-11-2013, 12:40 PM
lol yeah, I was surprised at how catchy and fun "Ging Gang Gong De Do Gong De Laga Raga" is. I thought it would take me a while to remember how to say it but you only have to hear it once and it sticks in your head haha.
lol, I can't even imagine how that is easy to remember.

Onioner
04-12-2013, 12:58 AM
Listening to the VHOL promo. This album kicks as much ass as I was expecting. I don't think I'm ever going to forget me and Harry from Slough Feg cracking huge smiles like we were small children entering a toy store for the first time when we heard the song Arising all the way back in January. This album's great from the first listen, and it gets better and better with every play. I can't remember the last time I enjoyed a record start to finish this much, there isn't a single song I want to skip when listening front to back.

Ommie
04-13-2013, 07:28 PM
New Amon Amarth song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghyR9BfJ39I&feature=youtu.be

Not bad. Nothing new, but that's not a bad thing.

Onioner
04-13-2013, 10:36 PM
The new White Wizzard coming out in June will fuck all your couches. ALL OF THEM.

the deathmetaler
04-14-2013, 05:42 AM
New Amon Amarth song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghyR9BfJ39I&feature=youtu.be

Not bad. Nothing new, but that's not a bad thing.

Sounds killer. Stoked for the new album.

slapguitarer
04-15-2013, 11:38 AM
http://pitchfork.com/reviews/tracks/15283-well-spoiled-machine/

New Purson track