PDA

View Full Version : Megadeth -- Niagara Falls, NY -- November 17th, 2012

PlaysWithKnives
11-20-2012, 11:22 AM
Good show at Rapids theater in the Falls the other night. I love what the new owners have done with the place. Great place for a concert. Got there a little after 7 and the place was packed wall to wall already. The openers Kyng came on soon after. Played until 8. Kind of a little sludge and a little groove mixed together. Never heard their stuff before. Not bad.

Next of course was Megadeth. They came on and kicked ass as they always do. I was really looking forward to this because CTE is my favorite album of theirs after RIP. Getting to hear 6 songs I've never heard them do was a big treat for me. They sounded perfect and I thought the video screens were a cool touch. Dave had a couple of his usual, wacky diatribes. The crowd was great all night. Pretty well behaved for a Megadeth show too. Everything from CTE got great reaction, especially the well known stuff. Not really complaining, but the set was about 3 or 4 songs shorter than other sets I've seen. I don't know if they were in a rush or what. They were done by 10. That's the earliest time I've left a concert after the headliner was done. Great show.

1. Trust
2. Hangar 18
3. Public Enemy No. 1

Countdown to Extinction
4. Skin o' My Teeth
5. Symphony of Destruction
6. Architecture of Aggression
7. Foreclosure of a Dream
8. Sweating Bullets
9. This Was My Life
10. Countdown to Extinction
11. High Speed Dirt
12. Psychotron
13. Captive Honour
14. Ashes in Your Mouth

Encore:
15. Peace Sells
16. Holy Wars... The Punishment

IrritatedTrout
11-20-2012, 11:24 AM
I think She-Wolf, A Tout Le Monde, and Whose Life have been dropped and won't be returning this tour. It wasn't just your show, they've been gone for a few nights now.

I can't wait to see those obscure CTE songs later this week. They're the whole reason I'm traveling as far as I am for it. It's my second favorite album besides RIP as well.

girnny777
11-20-2012, 01:21 PM
I think She-Wolf, A Tout Le Monde, and Whose Life have been dropped

Good. I like A Tout Le Monde but I'm tired of always hearing it.

PlaysWithKnives
11-20-2012, 05:09 PM
I think She-Wolf, A Tout Le Monde, and Whose Life have been dropped and won't be returning this tour. It wasn't just your show, they've been gone for a few nights now.

I can't wait to see those obscure CTE songs later this week. They're the whole reason I'm traveling as far as I am for it. It's my second favorite album besides RIP as well.

Yeah, those songs wont be missed. It should be worth your drive to see this show. How far are you going?

IrritatedTrout
11-20-2012, 05:29 PM
From VA Beach to Charlotte, NC, so about 6 hours.

PlaysWithKnives
11-20-2012, 05:40 PM

Nice. Worth it

AnataFan4Life
11-20-2012, 06:22 PM

I'll be there :rocker:

IrritatedTrout
11-20-2012, 07:22 PM
Nice, how far is it for you?

Indestructible
11-20-2012, 08:18 PM
Great show. I loved Sweating Bullets, the crowd sang the entire first verse without Dave singing and got it down perfectly.

PlaysWithKnives
11-20-2012, 10:28 PM
Great show. I loved Sweating Bullets, the crowd sang the entire first verse without Dave singing and got it down perfectly.

Thanks for the in depth analysis :D No, seriously though, that was really cool. Same goes for the choruses for SOD and Peace Sells

AnataFan4Life
11-20-2012, 11:56 PM
Nice, how far is it for you?

About 2 hours