PDA

View Full Version : Children of Bodom summer 2013 tour

brutal_descent
11-12-2012, 03:08 AM
Finnish metal festival Tuska made an announcement today, in which they mentioned the cancellation of Children of Bodom. Below is an excerpt from the announcement:

CHILDREN OF BODOM have unfortunately cancelled their Tuska-appearance. The band will be embarking on a US tour in the summer, which forces them to cancel some Finnish festival dates, Tuska unfortunately being one of those.

dcmetal108
11-12-2012, 03:11 AM
YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYA!

Steev
11-12-2012, 05:27 AM
*cough cough MAYHEM cough cough

AnataFan4Life
11-12-2012, 05:40 AM
Maybe the Summer Slaughter rumor is true

brutal_descent
11-12-2012, 05:49 AM
Tuska is on the weekend of June 28th-30th. Summer Slaughter would have to start early for that to make sense.

Steev
11-12-2012, 05:54 AM
Tuska is on the weekend of June 28th-30th. Summer Slaughter would have to start early for that to make sense.

Its not impossible, has to be something big like a package tour because otherwise it probably wouldn't be an issue

hiddenzombie013
11-12-2012, 09:59 AM
COB are forced to cancel their appearance at next summer's Tuska festival.

Henkka comments: "We've been waiting to play Tuska for some years now. It is our home festival after all. Unfortunately this year we have to sacrifice a couple of festivals in Europe in order to be able to be part of a big tour in USA. These are not easy nor nice decisions. We only can hope we can do Tuska in the near future again."

"Please stay tuned for our schedules for summer 2013. Fortunately we are able to play shows in Europe as well. Looking forward!"

Yeah they're pretty much a lock for Mayhem or Summer Slaughter The SS Facebook page did tease COB a month or so ago, but they've been rumored for Mayhem for a while too.

DementedX14
11-12-2012, 07:07 PM
Summer Sanitarium 2013! :eyes:

WOLVERINEKILLS
11-12-2012, 07:17 PM
Ozzfest 2013! :eyes: thats more likely :)

kommie
11-12-2012, 08:50 PM
So if they're SS headliner, will that mean it'll be at bigger venues?

slapguitarer
11-12-2012, 08:54 PM
I'd say no. BTBAM and CC play bigger venues here than COB do. Especially BTBAM.

dcmetal108
11-12-2012, 08:58 PM
Summer Slaughter, BTBAM, and COB all do the same size venue for Chicago.

WOLVERINEKILLS
11-12-2012, 09:01 PM
Summer Slaughter, BTBAM, and COB all do the same size venue for Chicago.

The real ? is how many people each band can draw when not in a major city like Chicago, NY, LA, Philly. Take them to more of the B level metal cities like St. Louis, Cinci, Columbus, Atlanta, then to the C level cities like KC, Nashville, Louisville, San Antonio and see how well they do. That is what will separate those bands. Most of them will draw well in the larger cities.

RampinUp46
11-12-2012, 09:02 PM

The BTBAM/AAL tour last year was held in the same place as the CoB tour this year in Austin (Emo's East - a little under 2,000 capacity, give or take a hundred or so...I think).

I guess it depends on the market.

rjturtle9
11-12-2012, 09:09 PM

It's the opposite here in LA.

mattlion
11-12-2012, 09:40 PM
I would seriously doubt they would pass on European festivals to do Summer Slaughter, which has generally been almost exclusively North American bands in the headlining slots. This, to me, is more likely a Mayhem hint. Mayhem is looking for a big Eurometal act to headline a side stage, kinda like In Flames 2 years ago perhaps. If they are going to go back to 2 side stages, there's only so much crapcore to go around.

christopher
11-12-2012, 09:44 PM
It's the opposite here in LA.

Didn't BTBAM just play the Slidebar? COB and CC would never go smaller than HOB nowadays.

rjturtle9
11-12-2012, 09:55 PM
Didn't BTBAM just play the Slidebar? COB and CC would never go smaller than HOB nowadays.

Yeah but that was just a super random show announced that day. Slidebar shows don't count. I saw CC headline at The House of Blues and they sold it out. Bodom sold out Yost Theater and that's way bigger then HoB...

christopher
11-12-2012, 10:30 PM
Yeah but that was just a super random show announced that day. Slidebar shows don't count. I saw CC headline at The House of Blues and they sold it out. Bodom sold out Yost Theater and that's way bigger then HoB...

I forgot COB played the Yost. I haven't been there, so I wouldn't know how big it is. Is it around the same size as the Grove? I would consider the Slidebar to count. I bet you CC and COB would never even consider playing there. I know COB played the Glass House a few years ago while CC was playing bigger venues.

treghet
11-12-2012, 10:33 PM
I know COB played the Glass House a few years ago while CC was playing bigger venues.

Yeah, but they did two nights in a row. I went to the first one and it was packed. The year before that they played at The Wiltern.

christopher
11-12-2012, 10:53 PM
Yeah, but they did two nights in a row. I went to the first one and it was packed. The year before that they played at The Wiltern.

Oh yeah, they did play the Wiltern. Damn, I've missed them so many times its lame. I need to see them one day.

rjturtle9
11-12-2012, 11:03 PM
I forgot COB played the Yost. I haven't been there, so I wouldn't know how big it is. Is it around the same size as the Grove? I would consider the Slidebar to count. I bet you CC and COB would never even consider playing there. I know COB played the Glass House a few years ago while CC was playing bigger venues.

I'm pretty sure if the money and time was right, pretty much any none arena band would play the Slidebar for special, one off shows. Even Metallica has played tiny places in recent times for secret shows.

gilpdawg
11-12-2012, 11:05 PM
The real ? is how many people each band can draw when not in a major city like Chicago, NY, LA, Philly. Take them to more of the B level metal cities like St. Louis, Cinci, Columbus, Atlanta, then to the C level cities like KC, Nashville, Louisville, San Antonio and see how well they do. That is what will separate those bands. Most of them will draw well in the larger cities.
Yeah, it's like when I read that a band like Overkill fills up places out east and when I see them here it's always me and like 80 people.

christopher
11-12-2012, 11:06 PM
I'm pretty sure if the money and time was right, pretty much any none arena band would play the Slidebar for special, one off shows. Even Metallica has played tiny places in recent times for secret shows.

Oh yeah, the basement of that one bar in Nashville a few years ago.