12. Take A Bullet
13. Say U Luv It
14. Got It Bad
15. In The Dirt
16. The Thin Line
17. Grain of Faith

18. Silent Lucidity
19. Jet City Woman

My footage of "The Thin Line." (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBOrurnp8Pg)

MPF
11-05-2012, 12:48 PM
Wow, anyone whose name isn't Geoff Tate going to this show had to have been severely disappointed.

dimmudan
11-05-2012, 04:18 PM
My thoughts exactly.

Maybe his being ousted from Queensryche was really the solution.

This setlist is pure shit. :confused:

Nothing from Mindcrime or before. What a tool Geoff is.

I always hated his comments distancing Queensryche from metal.

I propose to the moderators that we ban discussions of Geoff Tate from the metalsetlists.com site (just kidding)

cradle_of_maiden
11-05-2012, 05:04 PM
I'll reserve judgement until after I see his version of Queensryche. Considering its his solo show he should have a little more freedom to play what he wants. Going to see him in Orlando in December.

EvilCheeseWedge
11-05-2012, 05:16 PM
I propose to the moderators that we ban discussions of Geoff Tate from the metalsetlists.com site (just kidding)

I am one, and I vote no :D

It wasn't billed as a metal show, and the vibe didn't convey an intent to have it be one. If you look at those songs you can see they, for the most part, are basically just rock, at the heaviest. Maybe hard rock. There's more emphasis on keyboards and GT plays tenor sax on a lot of the songs, to much a greater degree than he ever did in QR.

If you go the show expecting metal, you will be disappointed. And you might be disappointed anyways. I knew what it was going in, and I thought it was enjoyable for what it was.

EvilCheeseWedge
11-05-2012, 05:19 PM
Going to see him in Orlando in December.

That's cool. Just throwing it out there if a lack of metal is a deal breaker for you, I wouldn't go. Check out the video I posted of "The Thin Line" - that's about as heavy as it's going to get.

Travis The Dragon
11-05-2012, 05:39 PM
About how many people were at the show?

EvilCheeseWedge
11-05-2012, 06:06 PM
About how many people were at the show?

I really don't know (I was in front against the stage, wasn't always easy to tell what was going on behind me), but it was pretty full. I've never been to the Alrosa Villa before (what an infamous place), but I've read it has a capacity of between 300-600 people. I've heard that at some recent GT shows people were leaving afters openers, but that definitely didn't happen here. The place seemed pretty packed, but it's definitely not huge to begin with.

tenchimyo
11-05-2012, 09:23 PM
I am one, and I vote no :D

It wasn't billed as a metal show, and the vibe didn't convey an intent to have it be one. s.

That's good. The shows around here seemed to be pushing Geoff Tate's Queensryche and Geoff Tate of Queensryche and it was a bit....unknown as to what the shows would be.

(from reports they turned out to be mainly solo material like this show)

ravenheart
11-05-2012, 10:26 PM
Wow, anyone whose name isn't Geoff Tate going to this show had to have been severely disappointed.

I wouldn't have been, because his new solo album is awesome.

Onioner
11-05-2012, 10:44 PM

Obvious troll is obvious.

TheWhisper88
11-06-2012, 12:32 AM
I saw this show back on October 25th in Teaneck, NJ and it seems Geoff cut a few songs from his set. Its a shame 2 of them were early Queensryche gems. The set when I saw him was this:

Forever
Off The TV
Sacred Ground
Disconnected
The Way I Roll
Flood
Helpless
Out Of Mind
Real World
Another Rainy Night
Bridge
The Killing Words
Until There Was You
Take A Bullet
Dark Money
Say You Love It
Got It Bad
In The Dirt
The Thin Line
Grain Of Faith

Silent Lucidity
Jet City Woman
Eyes Of A Stranger

gilpdawg
11-06-2012, 01:07 AM
I really don't know (I was in front against the stage, wasn't always easy to tell what was going on behind me), but it was pretty full. I've never been to the Alrosa Villa before (what an infamous place), but I've read it has a capacity of between 300-600 people. I've heard that at some recent GT shows people were leaving afters openers, but that definitely didn't happen here. The place seemed pretty packed, but it's definitely not huge to begin with.
I was told by someone that the capacity was 800, but that seems too large.

gilpdawg
11-06-2012, 01:14 AM
Susan? Welcome to the board.:D

EvilCheeseWedge
11-06-2012, 05:17 AM
I saw this show back on October 25th in Teaneck, NJ and it seems Geoff cut a few songs from his set. Its a shame 2 of them were early Queensryche gems. The set when I saw him was this:

You're right. I was expecting those, but they were cut. GT said during his set it was their 19th show in a row, which I suspect is why. Not sure why they'd schedule like that, but... eh...

ravenheart
11-06-2012, 05:24 AM
Obvious troll is obvious.

Susan? Welcome to the board.:D

I'm actually serious. It's great.

You kinda need to have been a fan of albums like Promised Land and Tribe though.

Wrecking Crew
11-06-2012, 09:45 AM

You kinda need to have been a fan of albums like Promised Land and Tribe though.

I heard there might be people who liked those albums but I didn't think they really existed. Kind of like unicorns :D

marker
11-06-2012, 04:33 PM
I heard there might be people who liked those albums but I didn't think they really existed. Kind of like unicorns :D

:lol:

jhdeity
11-06-2012, 06:48 PM

Post of the year?

Blasphemor
11-07-2012, 07:40 PM
Post of the year?

God, I love this!

Do yourselves a favor and see Queensryche when they roll through your town. They are SO much better than this shlock Tate is schilling. They don't play anything after Empire. That is some 'Ryche goodness, I can tell you.

I've been going to Queensryche shows since the mid-80s, and the current band is as good as I've ever seen them. It's good to see the guys having fun again, and playing the metal 'Ryche. :light: Seems like Tate had become a bit of a despot, I mean how much of a dick do you have to be to have your son-in-law (former?) jump ship?

tenchimyo
11-08-2012, 07:16 AM
Post of the year?

100% my vote

gilpdawg
11-10-2012, 06:41 AM

I do love Promised Land. Tribe not so much.

Travis The Dragon
11-13-2012, 05:17 PM

Well, if you go here (http://www.anybodylistening.net/breakdownroom/index.php?topic=2808.0), you'll see that most of their fans love Promised Land, but if you go to this (http://www.anybodylistening.net/breakdownroom/index.php?board=13.0) section of the site, you'll see that most of them hate Kings and Thieves.