PDA

View Full Version : Lamb of God -- San Antonio, Texas -- November 4th, 2012

Sinister_Chalupa666
11-04-2012, 11:25 PM
Show was moved from Sunken Gardens(couple thousand person venue) to Backstage Live(couple hundred person venue) for some odd reason. Never gave an explanation on why they moved it but it was for the better

Got in for free since I won a contest through facebook :rocker::party:

Sylosis

Ended up missing them :mad:

Hatebreed

Slayed! Brought the crowd energy up and Jasta was making the crowd eat out of the palm of his hands. They played the usual songs like they always do and said they will have a new album in January. So look for a headlining tour around that time.

In no order and for the love of me I can't remember what else they played.

Doomsayer
Live For This
I Will Be Heard
To The Threshold
In Ashes They Shall Reap
Destroy Everything
Everyone Bleeds Now
Proven

InFlames

All the energy that was brought from Hatebreed and the crowd pretty much went out the window. People were just standing around and mildly headbanging and cheering. They were decent live but I think Hatebreed should have been above them for this reason. Anders took someone's camera and started recording with it during their set. Was pretty cool.

Fun fact: Anders hates iphones lol.

Sounds of a Playground Fading
Delight and Angers
Where the Dead Ships Dwell
Reroute to Remain
Embody the Invisible
Cloud Connected
The Mirror's Truth
System
Deliver Us
Take this Life
My Sweet Shadow

Lamb of God

This band has had one foot out of the door from just falling apart at one point, but HOLY SHIT!!!!! They fucking slayed live. I guess Randy being in jail in a different country has revived him and made him appreciate things more or something. He was just on fire and he sounded AMAZING! Like old school LOG amazing. Shit, the whole band was just on their game tonight. Everyone was full of life and energy and just bringing it. Haven't seen this kind of performance from them in sometime now and i'm glad they are back to their old self.

The pits were brutal and all over the place. Everywhere I turned there was a big pit with bodies flying left and right. No one was safe from LOG and the crowd and it was just an excellent site to see. Highlights were Omerta and 11th Hour for damn sure. 11th Hour was just sick live and had been so long since they played it. If they are coming to town then you better go. LOG IS BACK BABY:rocker::rocker:

Drum Intro
Desolation
Ghost Walking
Walk With Me In Hell
Set to Fail
Ruin
Now You've Got Something To Die For:rocker::rocker:
Eleventh Hour :eek::party::rocker:
The Undertow
Omerta:rocker:
Contractor
Redneck
Black Label

All tour shirts were $30, hoodies $50, and some shirts here and there for $25. Now the real shocker was what I saw from the LOG merch. My jaw dropped to the floor when I saw this...

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee236/syn_marc666/IMAG0955.jpg

dcmetal108
11-05-2012, 03:34 AM
Damn sucks that everyone is saying In Flames just sucks and kills the energy.

Filburt
11-05-2012, 06:18 AM

yeah that's making me a little bit upset, not even gonna lie. i was excited to see them, too.

that Hatebreed set looks awesome. and i need to get my hands on one of those Burn The Priest shirts! :rocker:

Sanitarium78
11-05-2012, 07:36 AM

I've only seen In Flames on Mayhem last year, but it's hard for any band, especially in a smaller GA venue to follow Hatebreed. The energy they bring and the way they get the crowd constantly moving from the opening note to the last is something i've rarely ever seen in all my concert going years. LOG is one of the few bands that could follow Hatebreed and match them when it comes to that. Maybe that's why In Flames is on before LOG, that way the crowd can get a breather before smashing each other to bits again. If Hatebreed was on for the whole tour I think they would be the main support act, there's no way In Flames is more popular than them.

Dj1214
11-05-2012, 07:49 AM
Show was moved from Sunken Gardens(couple thousand person venue) to Backstage Live(couple hundred person venue) for some odd reason. Never gave an explanation on why they moved it but it was for the better

Got in for free since I won a contest through facebook :rocker::party:

Sylosis

Ended up missing them :mad:

Hatebreed

Slayed! Brought the crowd energy up and Jasta was making the crowd eat out of the palm of his hands. They played the usual songs like they always do and said they will have a new album in January. So look for a headlining tour around that time.

In no order and for the love of me I can't remember what else they played.

Doomsayer
Live For This
I Will Be Heard
To The Threshold
In Ashes They Shall Reap
Destroy Everything
Everyone Bleeds Now

InFlames

All the energy that was brought from Hatebreed and the crowd pretty much went out the window. People were just standing around and mildly headbanging and cheering. They were decent live but I think Hatebreed should have been above them for this reason. Anders took someone's camera and started recording with it during their set. Was pretty cool.

Fun fact: Anders hates iphones lol.

Sounds of a Playground Fading
Delight and Angers
Where the Dead Ships Dwell
Reroute to Remain
Embody the Invisible
Cloud Connected
The Mirror's Truth
System
Deliver Us
Take this Life
My Sweet Shadow

Lamb of God

This band has had one foot out of the door from just falling apart at one point, but HOLY SHIT!!!!! They fucking slayed live. I guess Randy being in jail in a different country has revived him and made him appreciate things more or something. He was just on fire and he sounded AMAZING! Like old school LOG amazing. Shit, the whole band was just on their game tonight. Everyone was full of life and energy and just bringing it. Haven't seen this kind of performance from them in sometime now and i'm glad they are back to their old self.

The pits were brutal and all over the place. Everywhere I turned there was a big pit with bodies flying left and right. No one was safe from LOG and the crowd and it was just an excellent site to see. Highlights were Omerta and 11th Hour for damn sure. 11th Hour was just sick live and had been so long since they played it. If they are coming to town then you better go. LOG IS BACK BABY:rocker::rocker:

Drum Intro
Desolation
Ghost Walking
Walk With Me In Hell
Set to Fail
Ruin
Now You've Got Something To Die For:rocker::rocker:
Eleventh Hour :eek::party::rocker:
The Undertow
Omerta:rocker:
Contractor
Redneck
Black Label

All tour shirts were $30, hoodies $50, and some shirts here and there for $25. Now the real shocker was what I saw from the LOG merch. My jaw dropped to the floor when I saw this...

Did you get any pics of the hoodies?

maxpower
11-05-2012, 09:20 AM
I've only seen In Flames on Mayhem last year, but it's hard for any band, especially in a smaller GA venue to follow Hatebreed. The energy they bring and the way they get the crowd constantly moving from the opening note to the last is something i've rarely ever seen in all my concert going years. LOG is one of the few bands that could follow Hatebreed and match them when it comes to that. Maybe that's why In Flames is on before LOG, that way the crowd can get a breather before smashing each other to bits again. If Hatebreed was on for the whole tour I think they would be the main support act, there's no way In Flames is more popular than them.

I completely agree with this, and seems logical. I think the last time I saw LoG the line up was Hatebreed / Five Finger Death Punch / LoG. That played out in a similar fashion, but with some actualy boos for FFDP.

On a side I got to see all 4 bands last night and enjoyed everyone. My preference would have been Sunken Gardens, but backstage wasn't as packed as I thought it would be. I overheard someone say they are moving the Deftones concert here too, and that I would assume will have a lot more people.

RampinUp46
11-05-2012, 10:19 AM
Now the real shocker was what I saw from the LOG merch. My jaw dropped to the floor when I saw this...

I'm wearing that shirt right now. :lol:

Was gonna post a review, but someone beat me to it. Oh well.

Honestly, In Flames was the weakest band on that night, in my opinion - despite the fact that I don't like them, I still think that. It may be due to being on after Hatebreed, because Donkey Punch gave me the same reaction in 2010 at the Sunken Gardens when Hatebreed went on first.

dcmetal108
11-05-2012, 02:48 PM

Yeah Hatebreed put on one of the craziest shows I've ever seen. Also one the loudest crowd singing shows I've ever seen.

energymetal14
11-05-2012, 03:18 PM
I saw In Flames headline earlier this year and the place was going nuts throughout their entire set, constant pits and headbanging/crowdsurfing. It bums me out that they're not getting that reaction on this tour, although I am in agreement that Hatebreed should probably be above them. Even if they got similar set times, I feel like Hatebreed gets a crazier crowd response and probably have more fans in common with LOG at this point. I'm glad to see In Flames is playing Embody the Invisible on this tour though! :party:

EDIT: Wasn't even thinking about Hatebreed isn't on the whole tour, that's gotta have something to do with it.

Sinister_Chalupa666
11-05-2012, 05:01 PM
Yeah, I totally forgot that Hatebreed was only doing half the tour and then Hellyeah takes over the rest of it.

Sinister_Chalupa666
11-05-2012, 05:07 PM
Sorry if some of the pics look like shit lol. If you have questions about the merch just ask me.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee236/syn_marc666/IMAG0958.jpg

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee236/syn_marc666/IMAG0985.jpg

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee236/syn_marc666/IMAG0954.jpg

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee236/syn_marc666/IMAG0952.jpg

mastodon421
11-05-2012, 05:19 PM
Yeah Boston unfortunately gets Hellyeah. I'm sure In Flames's crowd reception will be great here. Both times I've seen them, the crowds have gone absolutely apeshit for them.

edit: I'm happy to see that Sylosis merch is only $20. Was thinking about thinking about picking up one of their shirts and the designs look good, so I probably will.

gilpdawg
11-06-2012, 01:18 AM
This is interesting....and probably belongs in the other section, but since we were talking about the openers....apparently CC is on the Columbus show for some reason.

http://www.promowestlive.com/index_columbus.php?venue=lc

Scroll down. The layout won't let me directly link the show listing.

dcmetal108
11-06-2012, 06:23 AM
Morrissey - POSTPONED - Presented by CD102.5

Why is this on that sites event list? :lol: