PDA

View Full Version : Suicide Silence frontman passes away

WOLVERINEKILLS
11-01-2012, 10:17 AM
Rumors are circulating on the internet that Suicide Silence frontman Mitch Lucker has passed away from injuries from a motorcycle accident. RIP :(

WOLVERINEKILLS
11-01-2012, 10:17 AM
I wasn't a fan of SS but this sucks for his band members & fans.

anomynous
11-01-2012, 10:20 AM
even though "lol SS", RIP.

He seemed to be a nice guy.

treghet
11-01-2012, 10:24 AM
RIP.

http://www.facebook.com/notes/nuclear-blast-usa/mitch-lucker-of-suicide-silence-passes-away-at-age-28/10152228401315573

kalfitegrdan
11-01-2012, 10:28 AM
Man, that sucks. I love The Cleansing.

R.I.P.

CreptorStatus
11-01-2012, 10:41 AM
Absolutely nuts. RIP.

Disturbed95
11-01-2012, 10:44 AM
Didnt like them that much, but they put on a great show when I saw them. R.IP

300%_Density
11-01-2012, 10:59 AM
Didn't like the music at all. Sad for the band, families & all of their fans. Sad day.

christopher
11-01-2012, 11:12 AM
RIP

Coma323
11-01-2012, 11:51 AM
Didn't like the music at all. Sad for the band, families & all of their fans. Sad day.
My thought exactly.

W0unds
11-01-2012, 12:08 PM
I was planning to see Suicide Silence at an offdate in about a month...crazy stuff. He seemed like a nice guy who definitely loved making music and playing for his fans.

RIP

John The Drummer
11-01-2012, 12:13 PM
I do not like them at all, but still a bummer to all of his friends family. RIP.

jd091
11-01-2012, 12:21 PM
He had like a 4 or 5 year old daughter he always took on tour and loved, how fucked up is that? RIP, Mitch. You guys know I love Suicide Silence, hope they just break up now. It wouldn't be the same. Nobody does the Mitch Lucker highs better than Mitch Lucker (I'm looking at you, Chelsea Grin).

MPF
11-01-2012, 12:29 PM
I as well am not a fan, but I always admire their dedication to playing what they wanted to play and making a paycheck from it. Its a reare feat to be able to last doing that.

R.I.P. Mitch

llama lom
11-01-2012, 12:33 PM
Oh wow I can't even imagine how sad this is for those close to him. RIP Mitch, your family, friends, and fans will miss you.

mastodon421
11-01-2012, 01:14 PM
RIP Mitch. I wasn't a fan of his band, but this is a genuine tragedy. Way too young to go. My heart goes out to his family, friends, and his bandmates.

dcmetal108
11-01-2012, 01:16 PM
He had like a 4 or 5 year old daughter he always took on tour and loved, how fucked up is that? RIP, Mitch. You guys know I love Suicide Silence, hope they just break up now. It wouldn't be the same. Nobody does the Mitch Lucker highs better than Mitch Lucker (I'm looking at you, Chelsea Grin).

This. RIP Mitch. I feel horrible for his daughter. From what I know about Mitch he mainly toured so that his daughter could go to college and live a good life. He loved her with everything he could.

Ommie
11-01-2012, 01:28 PM
He has a daughter? Man, that must suck for her. They seemed very close. RIP.

dcmetal108
11-01-2012, 01:58 PM
He has a daughter? Man, that must suck for her. They seemed very close. RIP.

Yes I think she's 5.

mankvill
11-01-2012, 02:04 PM
I guess the motorcycle was so used to breaking down that it broke down all the way.

:allan:

rip i guess even though i hated the band with every inch of my being

SerpentineVIVIVI
11-01-2012, 02:24 PM
That was awesome.

hellawaits77ny
11-01-2012, 02:42 PM
Shame. RIP

dcmetal108
11-01-2012, 03:00 PM
I guess the motorcycle was so used to breaking down that it broke down all the way.

rip i guess even though i hated the band with every inch of my being

Who gives a shit if you hated the band. The guys young daughter will now have to grow up without a dad and I'm guessing it will be a harder life than expected. Her family is facing the worst feeling ever so the fact that you said "rip I guess" is just rude as fuck.

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/599040_10152267144535574_1864581597_n.png

mankvill
11-01-2012, 03:11 PM
Who gives a shit if you hated the band. The guys young daughter will now have to grow up without a dad and I'm guessing it will be a harder life than expected. Her family is facing the worst feeling ever so the fact that you said "rip I guess" is just rude as fuck.

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/599040_10152267144535574_1864581597_n.png

Why should I act upset when I literally don't give 2 shits about him? where's the thread and all the crocodile tears over the hundreds of kids in the northeast who no longer have parents because of the hurricane? Besides, didn't this guy challenge megadave to an mma match when they got kicked off megadeths tour?

OraclesofAgony
11-01-2012, 03:11 PM
Wow, that's crazy. RIP

illuminatus917
11-01-2012, 03:13 PM
"rip I guess" is just rude as fuck.

Please.

What about his life made it more worthy of mourning than the other 250,000 lives that ended today as well, that you didn't acknowledge or even think about?

Daughters lose fathers every moment of every day, what makes this special?

Apathy towards death is a natural response, especially if it's someone you didn't know or someone who played no meaningful role in your life. So if anything mankvill's reaction was an honest one.

dcmetal108
11-01-2012, 03:17 PM
Please.

What about his life made it more worthy of mourning than the other 250,000 lives that ended today as well, that you didn't acknowledge or even think about?

Daughters lose fathers every moment of every day, what makes this special?

Apathy towards death is a natural response, especially if it's someone you didn't know or someone who played no meaningful role in your life. So if anything mankvill's reaction was an honest one.

Stop talking about the fucking hurricane. You came into a thread where the matter at hand was about Mitch passing away today. Did you expect us to be like "well he died but so have the people in the hurricane"? No, because the damn topic was about Mitch, his passing, and his family.

anomynous
11-01-2012, 03:17 PM
Why should I act upset when I literally don't give 2 shits about him? where's the thread and all the crocodile tears over the hundreds of kids in the northeast who no longer have parents because of the hurricane? Besides, didn't this guy challenge megadave to an mma match when they got kicked off megadeths tour?

Let's not act like that wouldn't be entertaining.

metallicbrian666
11-01-2012, 03:19 PM
Why should I act upset when I literally don't give 2 shits about him? where's the thread and all the crocodile tears over the hundreds of kids in the northeast who no longer have parents because of the hurricane?
Correct

mankvill
11-01-2012, 03:20 PM
Stop talking about the fucking hurricane. You came into a thread where the matter at hand was about Mitch passing away today. Did you expect us to be like "well he died but so have the people in the hurricane"? No, because the damn topic was about Mitch, his passing, and his family.

No one expects that, but no one expected you to flip shit for not being "respectful" enough.

illuminatus917
11-01-2012, 03:20 PM

How many people do you think died in that hurricane, exactly?

mastodon421
11-01-2012, 03:21 PM
Yeah let's argue how people who died were less important than other people who died. Seriously everyone shut the fuck up and show some respect for Mitch, the hurricane victims, and everyone else who died today or any other day for that matter.

mankvill
11-01-2012, 03:25 PM
Yeah let's argue how people who died were less important than other people. Seriously everyone shut the fuck up and show some respect for Mitch, the hurricane victims, and everyone else who died today or any other day for that matter.

I will show the same level of respect for everyone who dies that I don't know: rip I guess

MPF
11-01-2012, 03:27 PM
Is this really happening?

Why even comment if you don't care?

mastodon421
11-01-2012, 03:30 PM
I will show the same level of respect for everyone who dies that I don't know: rip I guess

Yeah that's all well and good, clearly I didn't know him either and it's not going to have an impact on my life, but don't come in here and disrespect the guy because you didn't like his fucking band (I didn't either, but this is still an awful story). If you don't care, Don't fucking comment in the thread. Keep that shit to yourself and don't come in here and post some douchey comment on purpose.

mankvill
11-01-2012, 03:43 PM
Lol, I didn't disrespect him. I said rip, lol. What the fuck is wrong with you people?

jd091
11-01-2012, 03:58 PM
Lol, I didn't disrespect him. I said rip, lol. What the fuck is wrong with you people?

Yeah I don't get why people are mad at manks lol

let's all chill yo

dcmetal108
11-01-2012, 04:05 PM
Yeah let's argue how people who died were less important than other people who died. Seriously everyone shut the fuck up and show some respect for Mitch, the hurricane victims, and everyone else who died today or any other day for that matter.

This x100000000000

mankvill
11-01-2012, 04:07 PM
Yeah I don't get why people are mad at manks lol

let's all chill yo

well the damage has been done and now i've made a hilarious image macro using the zak bagans from ghost adventures so i hope you're all happy. i was just gonna be nice and be polite, but NO!

mastodon421
11-01-2012, 04:10 PM

Yes because making some dumb breakdown joke about his motorcycle and saying R.I.P I guess is the epitome of respectful:tp:

mankvill
11-01-2012, 04:12 PM
Yes because making some dumb breakdown joke about his motorcycle and saying R.I.P I guess is the epitome of respectful:tp:

Because jokes are always serious. I also got huttburt when Peter Steele died and everyone posted his Playgirl pictures.

w00tasaurus
11-01-2012, 04:13 PM
Not going to pretend to be upset about a guy I don't know and whose music I don't like.

Sorry for those who knew him personally/family or enjoyed his music.

NickLed19
11-01-2012, 04:31 PM

And I would pull for him to kick Megadave's ass.

mankvill
11-01-2012, 04:36 PM
And I would pull for him to kick Megadave's ass.

Back when that happened, Dave wasn't nearly as insane

brutal_descent
11-01-2012, 04:36 PM
Not even going to bother reading this thread. Here's my two cents, as posted on Facebook:

Well, I figure I should say SOMETHING about Lucker.

Though he was a giant cunt the one time I had a real-life experience with him (not referring to seeing Suicide Silence live as I've done twice), I'm sure he was a nice dude overall. My condolences to the rest of the band and his family; no matter what I might think of his band (or his personality, for that matter), it's a tragedy for someone to die so young and in such a fashion. R.I.P.

ravenheart
11-01-2012, 05:00 PM
The bit I don't understand is why everyone does feel like they should say something about this? I don't. At all. What's with the rest of you?

mankvill
11-01-2012, 05:18 PM
The bit I don't understand is why everyone does feel like they should say something about this? I don't. At all. What's with the rest of you?

We're all in the brotherhood of metal and this guy was a legend

AnataFan4Life
11-01-2012, 05:33 PM
Something told me that this thread would spiral out of control >_<

dcmetal108
11-01-2012, 05:57 PM
Posted from the bands manager.

i will be making sure a portion of the proceeds from the monster outbreak tour and california metalfest that suicide silence was confirmed for will be going to a fund for kenadee's future.

It's good to see that they already are planning to make sure his family can get through it financially.

energymetal14
11-01-2012, 06:28 PM
Not gonna get into all the other stuff in this thread, but it sucks when anyone dies this young and leaves kids behind. R.I.P. and I hope for the best for his family.

300%_Density
11-01-2012, 06:34 PM
Something tells me if this was a band that 95% of the people on here didn't hate, this wouldn't be that big of a deal. The same stupid comments end up happening anytime SS or any other band like them is brought up, rather it be in death or whatever. This isn't surprising. I saw this breaking down (no pun intended) sooner or later. Never fails.

IrritatedTrout
11-01-2012, 06:51 PM
Not related to this one incident in particular but I find the comments of just "R.I.P." (like what you see frequently on Blabbermouth) to be more offensive than what Manks said (besides the joke). It's like, you really couldn't put more effort into it than a 6 keystroke acronym. :eyes: It just always seems completely insincere to me.

ravenheart
11-01-2012, 07:13 PM
Something tells me if this was a band that 95% of the people on here didn't hate, this wouldn't be that big of a deal.

That's my point. This is a band most of us hate, so why does everyone feel the need to comment? Yes, when Dio died a bunch of us had something to say, because Dio was important to us. This guy isn't, so I don't get why everyone feels like they should say something. I'm not saying badmouth the guy like you did when he was alive, that's just cold. I'm saying just say nothing. It's not disrespectful to say nothing. It's more disrespectful to, as Trout said, just throw up an insincere "R.I.P." because the reality is it's some you don't actually care about.

WOLVERINEKILLS
11-01-2012, 10:03 PM
Not gonna get into all the other stuff in this thread, but it sucks when anyone dies this young and leaves kids behind. R.I.P. and I hope for the best for his family.

/\/\/\ Thats it. I understand if you are not a fan, I don't own one song from SS. But if you post in here at all and its insincere or disrespectful it just shows a lack of character imo. Either post your respects or let it go and do something else positive with your time. While this guy wasn't like Dime or Dio was to me, he may have been revered like that by others. I certainly wouldn't want anyone disrespecting the legacy of Dime or Dio so I personally try to be respectful of most everyone unless I have a valid reason not to be.

Regardless of any one persons opinion on his music, he was a son, father, brother, band mate... even a music hero to some.

treghet
11-02-2012, 12:09 AM
I guess I'll share a little tidbit.

Four years ago today was the first time I saw Suicide Silence. It was the last date of their headlining tour for The Cleansing, at the House of Blues in Hollywood. At the time I was really into deathcore and the band played a big role in my developing interest in metal, as well as my high school years in general. They were one of the first bands I really got into, and it helped expose me to a new world of music. I had never heard anybody that sounded like Mitch. I loved his vocals and seeing him live was really an experience. Personally I only got to meet him once, but he lived just down the street from my high school, so my friends would often see him around. One of my friends would babysit his daughter while the band was on tour. I can't comment much on him as a person, but he seemed like a nice guy. When I met him he took the time to take pictures with everybody and chat a little, even though his ride was waiting on him. It's crazy how things like this happen, and it goes without saying that this is a tragic ending. I feel terrible for his family, especially his daughter, who is very young. Anyway... I guess I'm rambling, but I wanted to share my feelings on this. Rest in peace, Mitch.

WOLVERINEKILLS
11-02-2012, 12:21 AM
I guess I'll share a little tidbit.

Four years ago today was the first time I saw Suicide Silence. It was the last date of their headlining tour for The Cleansing, at the House of Blues in Hollywood. At the time I was really into deathcore and the band played a big role in my developing interest in metal, as well as my high school years in general. They were one of the first bands I really got into, and it helped expose me to a new world of music. I had never heard anybody that sounded like Mitch. I loved his vocals and seeing him live was really an experience. Personally I only got to meet him once, but he lived just down the street from my high school, so my friends would often see him around. One of my friends would babysit his daughter while the band was on tour. I can't comment much on him as a person, but he seemed like a nice guy. When I met him he took the time to take pictures with everybody and chat a little, even though his ride was waiting on him. It's crazy how things like this happen, and it goes without saying that this is a tragic ending. I feel terrible for his family, especially his daughter, who is very young. Anyway... I guess I'm rambling, but I wanted to share my feelings on this. Rest in peace, Mitch.

That sounds like it hit a bit closer to home for you than the rest of us. I used to help Pantera out with a few things. Met/Hung with Dime numerous times. When he was murdered his abscence left a void that no one has been able to fill. One of the parts of life that sucks.

masterguy49
11-02-2012, 03:39 AM
Fuck, I still can't believe this actually happened.
Sure I got over their music a while ago, but Suicide Silence got me into extreme music and honestly their music brings back some amazing memories. One of the main parts of their music that always stood out to me was Mitchs vocals. I was lucky to have seen them 3 times and have met them once. It's truly a shame, RIP.

Nick_to_the_face
11-02-2012, 07:12 AM
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs7/2658871_o.gif

RampinUp46
11-02-2012, 10:24 AM
http://www.metalinjection.net/editorials/could-suicide-silence-frontman-mitch-luckers-death-been-avoided

...Well fuck.

christopher
11-02-2012, 01:29 PM
I heard about how he and his wife got in a fight and he stormed out of the house drunk and got in an accident. It sucks that it could've been avoided but at least he didn't harm anyone in the process.

dcmetal108
11-02-2012, 02:00 PM
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/548983_10151218661609749_2039888582_n.jpg

IrritatedTrout
11-02-2012, 02:19 PM
Admits he loves to ride too fast, is proud of wearing an inadequate helmet, and storms off from his family drunk and drives a motorcycle?

...Yeah, very avoidable with just a little bit of rational cost-benefit analysis. Maybe others will learn from this.

CaptRedBeardVII
11-02-2012, 07:30 PM
That's my point. This is a band most of us hate, so why does everyone feel the need to comment? Yes, when Dio died a bunch of us had something to say, because Dio was important to us. This guy isn't, so I don't get why everyone feels like they should say something. I'm not saying badmouth the guy like you did when he was alive, that's just cold. I'm saying just say nothing. It's not disrespectful to say nothing. It's more disrespectful to, as Trout said, just throw up an insincere "R.I.P." because the reality is it's some you don't actually care about.

I remember when DIO died and someone said something LESS offensive than what was said in this topic, and he got banned for life. Most of you probably don't remember this, or care. But I see a clear double standard because this is a member of a 'core' band that is hated by most of the people here.

No matter what I thought of the band, a life lost is a life lost and it's sad to see that little girl has to grow up without her dad. And it's not an "i guess". that's just cold and you (mankvill), also deserve a life time ban. 16,000 posts or not. You're a top of the line douche bag and what's done to one person should be done to another. But I don't expect you'll be punished for your comments. So enjoy the double standard, asshole.

illuminatus917
11-02-2012, 07:37 PM
Jesus Christ, get over your pretentious self.

If you want to mourn, mourn, if not, don't, but regardless don't expect everyone else to share your sentiment.

NecroRob
11-02-2012, 08:11 PM

Let me just start by saying that I agree with this completely. With that being said, it seems fairly obvious to me that mankvill posted in this thread purely to stir the pot, which is frankly just immature. You can be apathetic towards someone dying without being a douche about it around people who actually do care.

WOLVERINEKILLS
11-02-2012, 09:38 PM
Let me just start by saying that I agree with this completely. With that being said, it seems fairly obvious to me that mankvill posted in this thread purely to stir the pot, which is frankly just immature. You can be apathetic towards someone dying without being a douche about it around people who actually do care.

:party:

treghet
11-04-2012, 04:18 AM
For those who haven't seen it, here is a video from the memorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lD2EGVe4aHk

His wife explains what happened starting around 16:20.

"At the memorial, Lucker’s wife, Jolie, said she discovered two empty Four Loko cans that the singer drank before he took off to an unknown destination on his 2013 Harley Davidson Wednesday evening. Jolie says she got in her car and followed Lucker, with their 5-year-old daughter Kenadee in the back seat. She saw him crash and found his body near the light pole. She also says his bike was about 50 yards away. The Los Angeles Times reported the motorcycle continued sliding down Main Street after the accident and hit a northbound 2007 Nissan Titan pickup. No one in the truck was harmed."

http://www.altpress.com/news/entry/exclusive_gallery_candlelight_vigil_for_suicide_si lence_vocalist_mitch_luck

kommie
11-04-2012, 05:10 AM
is there a helmet law in California?

treghet
11-04-2012, 05:20 AM
is there a helmet law in California?

Yes, all riders are required to wear one.

http://dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d12/vc27803.htm

dcmetal108
11-04-2012, 02:50 PM
Yes, all riders are required to wear one.

http://dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d12/vc27803.htm

Has to be noted though that I guess the day before he posted a picture on some social media site that he got a helmet that wasn't certified because he wanted one that looked good. So a big part of this was that his helmet didn't take any of the blow. He might have lived if he had a good helmet.

It's horrible that his wife and maybe daughter had to see him crash and die.

mankvill
11-04-2012, 03:44 PM
Last time I was with someone who drank 2 Four Loko's I got laid.

True story.

dcmetal108
11-04-2012, 03:45 PM

True story.

Lies.

WOLVERINEKILLS
11-04-2012, 05:10 PM

True story.

I hope you made him wear a condom. :eek:

I jest, I jest!!! You left yourself open for that one Manks. :cool:

mankvill
11-04-2012, 05:14 PM
I hope you made him wear a condom. :eek:

I jest, I jest!!! You left yourself open for that one Manks. :cool:

Well it was 300%_Density, so he can tell you the story.

:lovedup:

300%_Density
11-04-2012, 06:35 PM
Well it was 300%_Density, so he can tell you the story.

:lovedup:

God dammit. I do not want to be involved in your lies!!!! Although I recall you saying you were more of a Zima guy!