PDA

View Full Version : Testament, Overkill, Flotsam & Jetsam US tour

WOLVERINEKILLS
10-28-2012, 02:04 AM
Rumors are circulating on the internet that Testament will tour the US in early 2013 with Overkill, Flotsam & Jetsam and 4ARM. Supposedly it will be called The Dark Roots Of Thrash tour.

Source: http://gunshyassassin.com/tour-dates/testament-overkill-tour-in-the-works/

El Gordo
10-28-2012, 03:50 AM
That's awesome if it proves to be true!

OraclesofAgony
10-28-2012, 04:10 AM
Yes Yes Yes

IrritatedTrout
10-28-2012, 04:52 AM
Nice! Would Testament headline or co-headline with Overkill?

treghet
10-28-2012, 04:58 AM
Nice! Would Testament headline or co-headline with Overkill?

If there are only three bands I think it would end up being a co-headline tour.

IrritatedTrout
10-28-2012, 05:01 AM
Well there are four counting that band no one's ever heard of. :lol:

treghet
10-28-2012, 05:04 AM
Oh, I didn't even notice that band. :eyes:

Edit: Just looked them up on Youtube and they're about as good as you'd expect a band named 4ARM to be. :lol:

ravenheart
10-28-2012, 05:54 AM
Well there are four counting that band no one's ever heard of. :lol:

People in Europe have... they're on every festival bill next year. Seem to be the latest "tiny band we book for everything but will never get anywhere".

Is this tour promoted by Rock The Nation, per chance?

Also, I would only expect Overkill to do this if it's a co-headline.

detuned
10-28-2012, 06:14 AM
its testament headlining

Spiner202
10-28-2012, 06:19 AM
If this doesn't hit Toronto I'll be very upset. All of these bands are killer (though I've never heard any F&J past the debut).

Nickweiser
10-28-2012, 10:02 AM
People in Europe have... they're on every festival bill next year. Seem to be the latest "tiny band we book for everything but will never get anywhere".

Is this tour promoted by Rock The Nation, per chance?

Also, I would only expect Overkill to do this if it's a co-headline.

Testament would EASILY headline. LOVE Overkill but that is the truth. They draw the bigger fanbase, venue wise and album sales wise.

ravenheart
10-28-2012, 10:16 AM
Testament would EASILY headline. LOVE Overkill but that is the truth. They draw the bigger fanbase, venue wise and album sales wise.

That isn't the point. I'm going by Overkill's history in situations like this, where they won't go out as special guests because they make more money on their own. That's the exact reason why they weren't on the Testament/Anthrax/Death Angel tour, which was the original plan. Based on that I wouldn't expect them to do this either. I'm sure if Iron Maiden or Metallica invited them out they'd do it, but let's be honest, how many new fans are they going to get playing at a Testament show? Fuck all.

anomynous
10-28-2012, 10:38 AM
Maybe Overkill got over themselves?

Also who the fuck is 4ARM? Get them off, put Warbringer or Bonded By Blood on this.

Nickweiser
10-28-2012, 10:39 AM
o i know of Overkill's history on situations like this. and yes im aware of why they didn't do the Anthrax/Testament tour, honestly they shoulda done it IMO. Well their last album sold 6,000 first week vs Testament's 20,000 or even Anthrax's 28,000. So them 2 alone would do quite good exposure

Nickweiser
10-28-2012, 11:12 AM
the only Overkill tour i have of recent memory that Overkill did NOT headline was Gigantour in 2006. Hence the show that got me into them.

Nater
10-28-2012, 11:22 AM
Maybe it will be a co-headlining affair simmilar to the Anthrax/Testament tour. Testament and Overkill get full headlining sets and Flotsam and 4ARM get like 25 - 35 minute sets.

Indestructible
10-28-2012, 11:32 AM
If the tour is called "The Dark Roots Of Thrash tour", I think it would be safe to say that Testament is headlining since it is named after the new album they have out.

BloodoftheKings
10-28-2012, 11:35 AM
There's not a doubt in my mind that Testament would play last. I'm sure Overkill is still gonna play for an hour at least.

Nickweiser
10-28-2012, 11:57 AM
If the tour is called "The Dark Roots Of Thrash tour", I think it would be safe to say that Testament is headlining since it is named after the new album they have out.

^this

Nickweiser
10-28-2012, 11:59 AM
interesting that Overkill loves to wanna play late, if not last so much. Considering most bands HATE headlining. Members from lamb of god, cattle decapitation, cannibal corpse have all said this in some way or another and yet Overkill wants to be the big thing on every tour their on.

WOLVERINEKILLS
10-28-2012, 12:11 PM
Edit: Just looked them up on Youtube and they're about as good as you'd expect a band named 4ARM to be. :lol:

Sounds like some lame ass band that would record WWE/UFC music lol

MPF
10-28-2012, 02:14 PM
The tour is real and it's coming to Minnesota in February.

That's all I got.

El Gordo
10-28-2012, 02:45 PM
Maybe Overkill got over themselves?

:tp:

Please. How can you blame them for wanting to make as much money possible off a tour after being at it for as long as they have?

That said, I'd love to see this tour no matter who the headliner is.

anomynous
10-28-2012, 03:52 PM
Because refusing to tour unless you're the headliner seems egotistical. It appears they think they're more popular than they actually are.

Testament is definitely more popular, and so is Exodus. Overkill is on par with Death Angel in popularity.

With that said, I love Overkill & Testament, so I want to see this tour, and pretty badly too.

mankvill
10-28-2012, 04:08 PM
Because refusing to tour unless you're the headliner seems egotistical. It appears they think they're more popular than they actually are.

Testament is definitely more popular, and so is Exodus. Overkill is on par with Death Angel in popularity.

With that said, I love Overkill & Testament, so I want to see this tour, and pretty badly too.

waaaat. the last two death angel headline shows have been at the riot room. overkill was at the beaummont club.

El Gordo
10-28-2012, 04:09 PM

Not to me. For a band like Overkill, if they want to turn a tour down because they're not the headliner, all the power to them. They've only been doing this for 30 years or so. As far as who's more popular, yeah Testament is for sure (not buying Exodus though) but if a band doesn't want to be on a tour, take somebody else. Overkill will do their own tour instead and make the money they want to make.

WOLVERINEKILLS
10-28-2012, 04:26 PM
Of the old school thrash bands still playing that are somewhat relevant, here is the order of their popularity:

Metallica
Megadeth/Slayer (a tie, Slayer is maybe more popular now, but back when the bands sold a boatload of records Megadeth was all over MTV, radio... its about even imo)
Anthrax
Testament (Not as popular as Anthrax, but easily more popular than the others beneath them)
Exodus (More popular than Overkill due to more exposure on Headbangers Ball back in the days and Holt recently playing with Slayer has had to give them several new fans)
Overkill (Overkill has become as popular as ever due to their last few albums being critically acclaimed in the press and That Metal Show).
Death Angel

RampinUp46
10-28-2012, 04:47 PM
The tour is real

Load = blown. :drool:

300%_Density
10-28-2012, 04:50 PM
waaaat. the last two death angel headline shows have been at the riot room. overkill was at the beaummont club.

Circle gets the square.

anomynous
10-28-2012, 07:11 PM
I haven't been to Beaumont or Riot, so I declare ignorance.

ravenheart
10-28-2012, 07:16 PM
Of the old school thrash bands still playing that are somewhat relevant, here is the order of their popularity:

Metallica
Megadeth/Slayer (a tie, Slayer is maybe more popular now, but back when the bands sold a boatload of records Megadeth was all over MTV, radio... its about even imo)
Anthrax
Testament (Not as popular as Anthrax, but easily more popular than the others beneath them)
Exodus (More popular than Overkill due to more exposure on Headbangers Ball back in the days and Holt recently playing with Slayer has had to give them several new fans)
Overkill (Overkill has become as popular as ever due to their last few albums being critically acclaimed in the press and That Metal Show).
Death Angel

In Europe, it's easily:

Metallica
Slayer
Megadeth
Anthrax
Testament
Overkill
Death Angel
Exodus

Onioner
10-28-2012, 08:03 PM
I feel like Exodus have gone way up in popularity over the last couple of years. Their insanely heavy touring and Gary Holt noticeably being the cause of Slayer's recent live awesomeness has definitely helped them out.

It's been interesting living in the bay for the recent Exodus popularity boost. Before Gary Holt used to just chill and talk to everyone and would just hang around. Now it's like all the older folks from that scene have appeared out of nowhere and have started hanging with the old thrash dudes all over again. Now if you go to an Exodus show in the bay, everyone in the band has got a whole posse hanging around them.

mankvill
10-28-2012, 08:36 PM
I haven't been to Beaumont or Riot, so I declare ignorance.

Oh!

Riot = a bar. Max capacity of like 300

Overkill = a club. Max capacity of like 1500.

BloodoftheKings
10-28-2012, 08:57 PM

I'm gonna have to disagree with you here. Exposure from back in the day doesn't really matter much now and nothing has indicated that Holt's time in Slayer has made Exodus more popular. Exodus hasn't gone on tour or made an album ever since Gary started filling in for Jeff. Overkill plays bigger venues than Exodus so i'm gonna have to say Overkill is more popular.

AnthG
10-28-2012, 09:22 PM
If it means anything, at Heavy TO Overkill were billed close to the bottom of the bands that played on that day. They were right in between Cancer Bats and Gojira.

gilpdawg
10-29-2012, 12:29 AM
I'm going to this. I don't care if I have to travel a bit.

WOLVERINEKILLS
10-29-2012, 12:58 AM
I recall Exodus headlining the Mtv Headbangers Ball tour in 1990 with Suicidal Tendecies & a cfh era Pantera opening the show. I doubt Overkill has ever been as popular as any of those bands were - even on that tour.

WOLVERINEKILLS
10-29-2012, 01:12 AM
I'm gonna have to disagree with you here. Exposure from back in the day doesn't really matter much now and nothing has indicated that Holt's time in Slayer has made Exodus more popular. Exodus hasn't gone on tour or made an album ever since Gary started filling in for Jeff. Overkill plays bigger venues than Exodus so i'm gonna have to say Overkill is more popular.

After some research - according to Wikipedia google results - you are correct. It appears Overkill is more popular. They have sold 23 million albums worldwide compared to 10 million from Exodus.

I wouldn't be shocked that Overkill was more popular, I thought it would be a close contest. Not 13 million albums in difference. Thats shocking.

Sanitarium78
10-29-2012, 07:06 AM
After some research - according to Wikipedia google results - you are correct. It appears Overkill is more popular. They have sold 23 million albums worldwide compared to 10 million from Exodus.

I wouldn't be shocked that Overkill was more popular, I thought it would be a close contest. Not 13 million albums in difference. Thats shocking.

Overkill coming out with albums more consistantly thoughtout their career is probably why that number is so much bigger. Exodus has had some changes in vocalists, which always hurt a bands fanbase and they did take like a decade off after they toured for Force Of Habit. Not releasing anything new for that long puts a serious dent in a bands following to, esepcially when they're just a club band.

Besides being the better band, Overkill has never taken a long break from releasing albums. They still come out with new stuff about every two years and that helps to keep the fans around. Their last two albums being some of the best stuff they've done has probably helped them a lot to.

For this tour there is no doubt Testament would close out the show. Overkill just never reached the level Testament has. If the sales for Dark Roots is any indication, Testament is almost at the same level of popularity that Anthrax is right now.

MPF
10-29-2012, 01:29 PM
Since the debate is going on....

Back in August, Testament was in talks of doing a one off Veterans Benefit show here in Minnesota. Once their management that the organizers of the show were scumbags, they canceled out of it *all $$$ related*

During that time a good friend of mine in a local band who would have opened for Testament *and possibly exodus as well, Exodus instead later went on to headline the Zombie Pub Crawl a few weeks ago in Minneapolis* was able to talk to their management and in passing their management said that Testament was working on a January/February HEADLINING tour.

2 months later, the lineup gets announced. It is Testament, Overkill, Flotsam & Jetsam (Who I am surprised they could get to tour) and 4Arm (great Australian Thrash).

gangrene
11-07-2012, 02:56 PM
The tour is real and it's coming to Minnesota in February.

That's all I got.

On sale Friday:
http://first-avenue.com/event/2013/02/testament

MPF
11-07-2012, 03:39 PM
On sale Friday:
http://first-avenue.com/event/2013/02/testament

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

anomynous
11-07-2012, 05:25 PM
So I suspect the itinerary will be announced tomorrow then

IrritatedTrout
11-07-2012, 06:03 PM
Hoping for something around VA.

IrritatedTrout
11-11-2012, 05:01 PM
Any news on this?

gilpdawg
11-12-2012, 11:08 PM
No kidding. I need to put in a vacation day request because I'm not missing this. Even if I have to go to Cleveland.

Sanitarium78
11-15-2012, 07:05 AM
There's still nothing more on this tour. Even on the Testament page in the ultimate metal forums there was a thread started for this tour with the Minnesota date being mentioned and that was back on the 8th. No more info has been mentioned since.

I wonder what the hold up is?

Nickweiser
11-15-2012, 02:53 PM
did Overkill back out at the zero hour?!

I sure hope not but i am starting to think so. I have not seen them since Gigantour in 2006 and am willing to take what i can get. They should too.

ravenheart
11-15-2012, 04:01 PM
did Overkill back out at the zero hour?!

Probably weren't even on it to begin with.

anomynous
11-15-2012, 04:12 PM
And now that ticket link is gone.........

gangrene
11-16-2012, 12:00 PM
Email reply from the venue just now says it's still on. Must've taken the link down until all the dates are ready to be announced..but that's just my speculation

gangrene
11-19-2012, 01:59 PM
ATL Feb 9th? http://www.wrekage.org/events.php

moobys37
11-19-2012, 02:58 PM
This should be announcd this week. Everything's apparently booked so we're not sure what the holdup is.

(I didn't book this or know any routing but I have connections inside the tour).

Blacktooth85
11-19-2012, 03:29 PM
I hope to Christ there's a St. Louis date. They're were 3 legs of the Anthrax/Testament tour and they still didn't come through. Testament haven't played here since 2009. I've been waiting for them to come back ever since.

anomynous
11-19-2012, 04:18 PM
Not to mention Overkill hasn't been to St. Louis in years

Blacktooth85
11-19-2012, 05:07 PM
Yeah Overkill too. Flotsam and Jetsam i haven't the slightest idea the last time they've played STL. Haven't heard much from them.

mankvill
11-19-2012, 06:07 PM
I hope to Christ there's a St. Louis date. They're were 3 legs of the Anthrax/Testament tour and they still didn't come through. Testament haven't played here since 2009. I've been waiting for them to come back ever since.

You mean kc right?

300%_Density
11-19-2012, 06:20 PM
You mean kc right?

:agree:

anomynous
11-19-2012, 07:37 PM
Psh, you west-side-of-Missouriers

wait

es156
11-19-2012, 08:05 PM

Not to mention Overkill hasn't been to St. Louis in years

Testament played Pop's in 2009 and Overkill played Pop's in 2007. Both shows were excellent and I would definitely be there if they hit Pop's on this tour.

Blacktooth85
11-20-2012, 04:00 PM
You mean kc right?

Hey you guys got the Anthrax/Testament show early this year. We're due for something cool for once. Not to mention you guys had the American Carnage tour in 2010.

mankvill
11-20-2012, 05:13 PM
Hey you guys got the Anthrax/Testament show early this year. We're due for something cool for once. Not to mention you guys had the American Carnage tour in 2010.

Haha, Testament and Death Angel have played here a million times in the last few years.

IrritatedTrout
11-21-2012, 11:55 AM
http://www.testamentlegions.com/site/tour-dates/

Another round of Euro dates announced for mid-March. Hopefully these dates come out soon, starting to worry that it fell through.

Spiner202
11-26-2012, 07:02 AM
Bay Area thrash metal legends, TESTAMENT, are proud to announce their first U.S. headlining tour since their phenomenal chart success with their new album, Dark Roots of Earth. The trek promises to be one of the best thrash metal lineups of the year, with support coming from the world renowned OVERKILL and FLOTSAM AND JETSAM, as well as Australian thrashers 4ARM.

“It’s a thrill to announce our upcoming dates with OVERKILL and FLOTSAM AND JETSAM,” commented guitarist Alex Skolnick. “It’s a tour that brings together three different metal bands from three different regions: West Coast, East Coast and Southwest. All three bands sound very different from one another yet are highly compatible. All have been around the block (and the world) a few times and all have managed to keep a sound that feels current. This tour will be a ‘must see’ for fans who remember the early days of thrash/speed metal as well as those whose age is younger than the genre itself.”

VIP packages are now available for each show but will be on a limited basis per gig. Act now before they’re all gone!

VIP ticket packages will include the following:
*Meet and Greet with members of TESTAMENT.
* Photos with members of TESTAMENT.
* Special VIP collector pass.
* 810 photo of TESTAMENT.
* 1 Merchandise item.
* Discount Coupon for online shopping.
* VIP purchasers will receive a raffle ticket. Two lucky raffle winners per show will get to watch a portion of TESTAMENT‘ s set side stage with the opportunity to sing background vocals on “Into The Pit!”
* All VIP purchasers will be in an end of the tour drawing for a signature Eric Peterson Dean guitar signed by TESTAMENT.

TESTAMENT, OVERKILL, FLOTSAM AND JETSAM, 4ARM
1/30 The Filmore – San Francisco, CA*
1/31 House of Blues – Anaheim, CA*
2/1 The Marquee – Tempe, AZ*
2/2 House of Blues – Hollywood, CA*
2/4 Sunshine Theater – Albuquerque, NM*
2/5 Emo’s – Austin, TX
2/6 House of Blues – Houston, TX
2/7 House of Blues – Dallas, TX
2/9 Masquerade – Atlanta, GA
2/10 The Filmore – Charlotte, NC
2/12 The Filmore – Silver Spring, MO
2/13 Trocadero – Philadelphia, PA
2/14 Best Buy Theatre – New York, NY
2/15 The Paramount – Huntington, NY
2/16 The Palladium – Worcester, MA
2/17 Town Ballroom – Buffalo, NY
2/18 Phoenix Concert Theatre – Toronto, ON
2/20 Bogart’s – Cincinnati, OH
2/21 The Intersection – Grand Rapids, MI
2/22 The Rave – Milwaukee, WI
2/23 First Avenue – Minneapolis, MN
2/25 The Summit Music Hall – Denver, CO
2/26 In The Venue – Salt Lake City, UT
2/27 Knitting Factory – Reno, NV
2/28 Ace Of Spades – Sacramento, CA

* – Denotes FLOTSAM AND JETSAM will not be playing

Awesome!

Sanitarium78
11-26-2012, 07:07 AM
2/17 Town Ballroom – Buffalo, NY :rocker::rocker:

Something told me the ballroom was gonna get this show

GarageMetal468
11-26-2012, 07:13 AM
Hm... Might just go to Milwaukee for this.

Sanitarium78
11-26-2012, 07:16 AM
Hm... Might just go to Milwaukee for this.

Hard to believe that they're not hitting Chicago. I mean even here in Buffalo we've got a show:lol:

Nater
11-26-2012, 07:30 AM
:rocker:I shit myself. the Mass date is on my birthday. Happy birthday to me!

rjturtle9
11-26-2012, 07:57 AM
Really weird routing around LA. And I guess no FaJ at my shows. Damn, really wanted to see them :(

anomynous
11-26-2012, 07:59 AM
Oh gosh golly gee willikers, another awesome tour skips Missouri

Wrecking Crew
11-26-2012, 08:24 AM
Reno and not Boise? Testament seems to do that a lot. Have to decide if I want to go to Salt Lake City for this.

300%_Density
11-26-2012, 08:47 AM
Dammit. The Silver Springs, MD typo could have been avoided as to not get my hopes up, thinking it was MO. Dammit.

dcmetal108
11-26-2012, 09:44 AM
Hard to believe that they're not hitting Chicago. I mean even here in Buffalo we've got a show:lol:

Yeah really! How the hell is Chicago not getting this.

sfhui
11-26-2012, 11:01 AM
this tour can sell very well for sure, so they may be do a round 2 or even round 3 just like the Anthrax/testament/death angel tour.

anyways, Anaheim, CA!!!:party:

GarageMetal468
11-26-2012, 11:07 AM

Maybe they realized all the venues in Chicago bigger than Reggies/Bottom Lounge fucking blow.

WOLVERINEKILLS
11-26-2012, 11:13 AM

With this tour skipping alot of the normal cities most bands play on their first headline tour for a new album, it makes me wonder if they have a bigger tour lined up for later next year?

*cough*mayhemfest???*cough*

detuned
11-26-2012, 11:38 AM
except they arent skipping a lot. aside from chicago and montreal, just about every other major city/area is hit.

metallicbrian666
11-26-2012, 11:47 AM
With this tour skipping alot of the normal cities most bands play on their first headline tour for a new album, it makes me wonder if they have a bigger tour lined up for later next year?

*cough*mayhemfest???*cough*
MY HERO

IrritatedTrout
11-26-2012, 12:06 PM
Goddamnit! MD is doable but why a fucking Tuesday?!? :bouville: Only two days of the week I really can't do shows and already two 2013 tours have shows on those days for me. At least Tuesday is better than Thursday, I guess I'll wait and see if skipping that class would be possible.

sfhui
11-26-2012, 12:56 PM
except they arent skipping a lot. aside from chicago and montreal, just about every other major city/area is hit.

seattle:tongue:

dcmetal108
11-26-2012, 01:11 PM
Maybe they realized all the venues in Chicago bigger than Reggies/Bottom Lounge fucking blow.

I enjoy the HOB. They could put it there and sell out. Congress sucks just based off security and only been to Aragon once and not trying to go back again.

PVH5150
11-26-2012, 01:56 PM
Fuck the Palladium.

kalfitegrdan
11-26-2012, 02:07 PM
I enjoy the HOB. They could put it there and sell out. Congress sucks just based off security and only been to Aragon once and not trying to go back again.

House of Blues is the fucking worst.

dcmetal108
11-26-2012, 02:10 PM
House of Blues is the fucking worst.

Explain.

kalfitegrdan
11-26-2012, 02:19 PM
Explain.

They've gotten better over the years, but their security is a load of douchebags who don't let you sit down anywhere at all day festivals. There's no re-entry which is always a negative for any venue. The sound usually sucks. It's probably one of the hottest venues I've ever been to. Either them or Bottom Lounge are the worst venue in Chicago.

dcmetal108
11-26-2012, 02:29 PM
They've gotten better over the years, but their security is a load of douchebags who don't let you sit down anywhere at all day festivals. There's no re-entry which is always a negative for any venue. The sound usually sucks. It's probably one of the hottest venues I've ever been to. Either them or Bottom Lounge are the worst venue in Chicago.

Bottomlounge would be my favorite venue if they allowed stagediving again I think. Their security are just assholes because they are so strict about it when people do it. Otherwise their security are generally really cool guys. During the rumble this year there I was talking to one of the guys who actually ended up warning me a few times when people were about to hit me.

HOB does get really hot but I've never had bad sound there. Re-entry really doesn't matter to me since I've never had to do it or care about it. HOB just needs more security for crowd surfers. I can see why HOB wouldn't let you sit anywhere though because when it gets packed there its almost hard to walk through though at the Miss May I show they were letting people sit on the floor in the back near the restrooms as long as they weren't blocking the bar entry.

Congress just ruins it because their security is the most unfriendly assholes ever. NO metal show should be there because security doesn't like metal shows anyway and when pits form and people crowd surf they don't like dealing with it. I saw them let people drop during All Stars Tour because the crowd surfers weren't completely still.

kalfitegrdan
11-26-2012, 02:37 PM
Bottom Lounge people were always assholes to me, except for the dude at the door.

At Summer Slaughter '08-'10 they wouldn't let anyone sit anywhere for any reason no matter how out of the way it was. They basically told us that there was a "no sitting" rule.

I've never had any problems with the Congress Theater. They're also the only theater sized venue cool enough to have an indoor smoking section type thing.

Also, Mojoe's can suck a bag of dicks too.

dcmetal108
11-26-2012, 03:11 PM
Congress is a good venue if they just got new security.

Mojoes the two times I've been to it wasn't bad. It's just too far for me since I have no car. Security there was nice. Worst thing about it is that every show even all ages doesn't end till midnight. With over a hour drive after that it is just too late.

kalfitegrdan
11-26-2012, 03:30 PM
Congress is a good venue if they just got new security.

Mojoes the two times I've been to it wasn't bad. It's just too far for me since I have no car. Security there was nice. Worst thing about it is that every show even all ages doesn't end till midnight. With over a hour drive after that it is just too late.

I've just had multiple problems with Mojoe's.

Onioner
11-26-2012, 04:26 PM
No Flots in LA?! NOOOOO.

Blacktooth85
11-26-2012, 04:57 PM
Oh gosh golly gee willikers, another awesome tour skips Missouri

Yeah that's a big surprise. I don't know why I got my hopes up thinking this might come to STL. We don't ever get shit...

gangrene
12-04-2012, 02:55 PM
Vegas, with different openers (!?) added Feb 3.

IrritatedTrout
01-12-2013, 07:47 PM
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=184789

Good news about the setlist.

anomynous
02-18-2013, 02:27 PM
Overkill dropped off (http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=186423)

BRAman22
02-18-2013, 04:26 PM
Overkill dropped off (http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=186423)

Shit. Hopefully Testament will play longer to make up for it...

AnataFan4Life
02-18-2013, 04:35 PM
Glad I saw them before they dropped off. I was wondering why Bobby kept running off the stage.

Steev
02-18-2013, 07:32 PM
Glad I saw them before they dropped off. I was wondering why Bobby kept running off the stage.

I was thinking the exact same thing

kalfitegrdan
02-18-2013, 08:06 PM

Goddammit. They were my main reason for going. Oh well, at least Flotsam and Jetsam is still playing.

IrritatedTrout
02-18-2013, 08:13 PM

He did that in DC too.

El Gordo
02-19-2013, 06:28 AM
Shit. Hopefully Testament will play longer to make up for it...

Nope, not last night anyway. They're playing a shorter set because Chuck's voice is fucked.

Spiner202
02-19-2013, 04:53 PM

He does that normally anyways. He does it on the Wrecking Everything DVD and when I saw them last year. It's possible he was also sick on both of those occasions, but I think he just does that normally.

electrocute1031
02-19-2013, 06:48 PM
He does that normally anyways. He does it on the Wrecking Everything DVD and when I saw them last year. It's possible he was also sick on both of those occasions, but I think he just does that normally.

Both times (not including the Worcester show on Saturday) Bobby's run back and forth during the set. So yes indeed he does it normally.